Akane: nuttiest of the nuts?

Discuss the Ranma series in this forum.

Re: Akane: nuttiest of the nuts?

Postby Zwzn » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:30 pm

[
Crescent Pulsar R wrote: Kodachi did not seem ill-affected while attacking Akane after being hit with the door. Just look. With your eyes. I didn't see any stars or birdies around Kodachi's head, her eyes swirly, or her body wobbly. The mallet was clearly on target: namely, the back of Akane's head. There's also nothing that shows her being clumsy with the mallet. Only that which might be imagined by someone who sees what they want to see.

Take your own advice since what you say does not match the book. You're going to have to show a timew a Ranma1/2 character has things like stars/birdies flying around their heads. I say those hand signs Kodachi makes a good sign she was hit very hard by the door. That would be your birdies and stars I think.

Kodachi has one hand on the door, and the other in the air. It is questionable if she could have been holding the mallet when Akane kicks it, and one would not use a mallet like that one handed..

Crescent Pulsar R wrote: Maybe because Kodachi wasn't right in front of her, but above?

Try again, Kodachi had to have been in front of Akane when she jumped, and would have been in view the entire time. Akane is looking straight at Kodachi when her danger sense goes off.

Crescent Pulsar R wrote: Why would it trigger her danger sense (which it did) if she could see her in the first place?

In spite of the fact Akane says she would be expecting to be attacked again, and be ready, Akane can't see what's right in front of her. It's partly why her cooking is so bad. She's just an incompetent idiot.

Crescent Pulsar R wrote: And it's hardly predictable when this is only the second time that Kodachi has attacked her, or else she might have been looking out for her and thus catch sight of her instead of needing her danger sense to alert her of an impending attack.
Akane already knew to expect to be attacked. If Akane is so incompetent to not see what is right in front of her then she has some serious problems, but we know she has them from the cooking skills and swimming.

Crescent Pulsar R wrote: Akane had enough time to step away from the shinai's target zone. Also, Kodachi wasn't fumbling or dropping the shinai, both before and after Akane caught it. She had a tight grip and she kept the shinai steady.
Ajkane stopped, and had to lean forward to catch the shinai. If Kodachi's attack was going to conect then it would have done so above the point that Akane was able to catch it.

Crescent Pulsar R wrote: And you'd believe Kodachi about her not being there to attack Akane, after she had failed to do just that? *Snickers* There's just no way I can take any argument of yours seriously after that...
Why should Kodachi lie? Her so called attack had no chance of touching Akane, and in later arcs she is will to admit to worse.

Crescent Pulsar R wrote: I don't even want to try to figure out the reasoning regarding the last thing you said. It makes no sense at all.
Kodachi snuck into Akane's room, and the only reason that Akane had a fighting chance is because Kodachi waited for Akane to see her. That means Kodach can easily by pass Akane's danger sense if she wants to.

Crescent Pulsar R wrote: How did I know that you were going to say that Ranma had given her help? Which he didn't. If you look closely (I'm not holding my breath), you can see the white of his sleeve where his hand is, which is down at his side -- the side closest to Akane. It's far too unnatural for Ranma to reach across his chest to take Akane's hand when his other hand is closer and easier for the task. Beyond that, whenever Ranma has helped Akane in such a way it's made very obvious because Akane will react to that sort of treatment, for better or worse.
The arm closest to Kodachi is in front of Akane, and the other is at his side. You need to take your own advice.

Crescent Pulsar R wrote: Also, even before this incident, Ranma had carried Akane in his (her, at the time) arms. I didn't see any pervert-bashing there. And don't you dare say that it was because Ranma was a girl at the time; that has nothing to do with it, and the end of the second chapter is more than enough proof that Akane considers Ranma a guy no matter what sex his body may be at the time.
There is a big difference between being carried, and the same person puting their hand on your breasts.

Akane was rather pissed off about being carried.

Crescent Pulsar R wrote: And I don't know what your obsession with Akane being scared of Kodachi is all about. Like I said before, if she were afraid of Kodachi she wouldn't have gone into the lion's den and snuck into Kodachi's room during the story where Kodachi was using a doctored photo of Ranma and herself. (You know, the story where Akane had made Ranma some cookies and Kodachi had stolen them.) Akane is at most cautious when it comes to Kodachi, but afraid she is not.
It's canon, and you argue against it.

You ignore Akane's ability to start to believe her own lies after a wile.

Crescent Pulsar R wrote: You do know that you're arguing against Akane being scared, don't you? If she convinces herself that she's stronger than them, or forgets that they're stronger than her, then what reason is there to fear them? Come on. I feel like I'm killing a baby seal every time I respond to this sort of flawed logic. That said, I really think I should withdraw from responding any further. Just assume that whatever last word you might put forth I will likely disagree with on the basis of it not making sense. Because I simply don't see what you're seeing, much less how one could.

Akane can delude herself rather quickly as shown on Ranma's first day of school where she believes Ranma will not be able to defeat people she can.

I was saying that Akane's lack of fear at later points has no bearing on the fact that she is scared of fighting Kodachi in the martial arts gymnastics arc, and the fear implies that Kodachi is at about an even match for Akane at that time at least.

The lack of fear would show Akane is crazy however since you would have to be insane not to fear Kodachi.
Zwzn
Moon Senshi

Postby toushin » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:30 pm

I have to admit akane does seem to like she lives in her own little world. I think I’ve mentioned it before but first fics I read were heavily anti akane so I wasn’t really a fan to start out with. As I got more into the series and got to know the characters more my opinion rapidly changed. I think the anti-akane attitude comes from the anime mostly. I’m currently on season six and while im still not an akane hater it has strengthen my views of an anti ranma/akane relationship. In comparing the two the manga is martial arts oriented while the anime is more romantic comedy. This is why techniques are explained in greater detail in the manga then the anime. However the anime seems to have greater character development. One thing after watching the anime is that a lot of problems wouldn’t of happened if akane had mind her own business. Take ryoga’s first appearance ranma was holding his own fine akane didn’t need to jump in the middle of the fight like that. The most noticeable in the hiryu shoten ha battle, akane saw the chart fly away and decided to jump head first into it. Ranma’s ability to catch up to her shows that he was able to maneuver fine through the tornado something akane wasn’t able to do and while she was able to grab the chart her inability to maneuver through the wind caused it be ripped to shreds something that may or may not of happened if she waited on the side lines. Another thing I say was the hot spring relay race, akane never actually asked ranma to go to the springs with her. She started to but when soun got involved she ended insulting ranma who returned the favor. Yet she was furious at him because shampoo actually did ask him.

However delusion seems to be common in nerima a lot her behavior can really be blamed on her family for letting her get away with it. For instance I think it was season 4 akane was making buns for her’s and ranma’s anniversary (a date only she remembered) even though happosai was the one who actually destroyed them she got mad at ranma without actually telling him why she was angry. She ended up running and hiding on the roof leaving her whole family to look for her all night. Yet when in the end they find out she was on the roof watching them work themselves to death yet nobody said anything.
toushin
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Southern Cross » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:35 pm

This is true. Of course a large part of the problem is that Ranma is blamed for everything, even when it's not his fault.
"We're all part monsters in our subconscious-That's why we have laws and religion!" -Captain J.J. Adams
Southern Cross
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby toushin » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:50 pm

i want to mention the ova episode that introduced natsume and kurumi when soun stressed that it was the dojo's duty to stop the food theif akane said she already had plans with her friends ranm a sincerly stated that she should go yet akane acted like insulted her.

really its her families fault she's just spoiled i find it funny that akane can repeatedly beat ranma to within an inch of his life sometimes for arguments she herself has started. she can even use his greatest fear against him (by either throwing water at shampoo or throw a cat at him), and no one say a thing. yet they all gang up on him if she so much a sheds a tear. everyone bad mouths her food yet ranma is the only one who gets in trouble for it. their first meeting akane calls ranma a freak and a pervert even though didn't do anything when he retaliated she crushes him under a table yet he diserved it. it kind of makes me ashamed that i ever thought they would make a good couple.
toushin
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Previous

Return to Specific Series: Ranma