Image of Shampoo in a wedding dress

Discuss the Ranma series in this forum.

Image of Shampoo in a wedding dress

Postby LadyRelena » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:32 am

Ok I was just browsing Ranma 1/2 pictures when I came across a scan I've never seen before...

I found out the picture was part of a magazine being sold here http://bit.ly/fjOdGF . I wanted to buy it but the place looked shady and didn't take paypal evidently. Also, someone had previously asked what magazine it came from and, from what I can understand, the seller said that it's not the whole magazine just the pictures that are shown (whatever that means).

Anyway, I just wanted to know if someone by any chance knew what magazine this came from. Shampoo is just gorgeous here and it's obviously official art.
Ranma/Shampoo, Ranma/Kurumi, Ryoga/Anna, and Ukyo/Ryuu
LadyRelena
Senshi Cadet

Re: Image of Shampoo in a wedding dress

Postby Battlekrome » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:29 am

pics looks like its from the reversal jewel oav episode (ranma in tux)
Through the sands of time I walk. Beyond time and space i call to those who awaken to the darkness and realize they are the light.
Battlekrome
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby SpaceKnight of Chaos » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:07 am

Hmm... except for maybe the bottom mini picture on the right-hand page, all of those smaller stills definately come from the Reversal Jewel OAV, and I'm fairly sure that the picture of Ranma in a tux is from the same OAV; he's also worn a tuxedo in the "Shampoo's Red Thread of Dread" episode, but Curse of the Contrary Jewel is the only episode I recall him having a tux and bouquet at the same time in. I think the Shampoo-in-wedding dress image is actually not from any anime episode; the only time in the series she's worn a Western style wedding dress is in the Red Thread episode, and while it's been a while since I've seen it, I'm quite sure her great-grandmother's dress is not the dress shown in that picture, though there are definate similarities.

Even when she was prepping for Ranma's "proposal" in the Reversal Jewel episode, the only fancy dress Shampore wore was the golden cheongsam ensemble seen in the smaller pictures.
Water, water, everywhere, and all was cursed and black!
Drowned ones cast bad spell and out come pig, girl, duck, panda!
Swirl, swirl, slithery pond, and join with magic spring!
Swirl, swirl, dirty pond, and rid the cursed sting!
Here my prayer, I beg you please!
Now turn these curses BACK!

http://www.issendai.com/rpgs/japanese-boys-names.shtml
http://www.issendai.com/rpgs/japanese-girls-names.shtml
SpaceKnight of Chaos
Prism Power Senshi

Postby LadyRelena » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:07 am

SpaceKnight of Chaos wrote:Hmm... except for maybe the bottom mini picture on the right-hand page, all of those smaller stills definately come from the Reversal Jewel OAV, and I'm fairly sure that the picture of Ranma in a tux is from the same OAV; he's also worn a tuxedo in the "Shampoo's Red Thread of Dread" episode, but Curse of the Contrary Jewel is the only episode I recall him having a tux and bouquet at the same time in. I think the Shampoo-in-wedding dress image is actually not from any anime episode; the only time in the series she's worn a Western style wedding dress is in the Red Thread episode, and while it's been a while since I've seen it, I'm quite sure her great-grandmother's dress is not the dress shown in that picture, though there are definate similarities.

Even when she was prepping for Ranma's "proposal" in the Reversal Jewel episode, the only fancy dress Shampore wore was the golden cheongsam ensemble seen in the smaller pictures.

Oh I have no doubt that this whole page is in reference to the Reversal Jewel OAV, which is why I was so shocked and overjoyed to see official art of Shampoo in such a beautiful western style wedding dress. According to my friend who speaks Japanese, it says somewhere on there that it's a Ranma movie. Perhaps they were originally going to make this OVA into a movie but decided to cut out some of the animation at the last minuet and make it an ordinary OVA. I know that's what they did for Phoenix OVA (The one that was on Kuno's head)

Anyway this picture and it's oranges are about as mysterious as this one...

Both are official art but have never appeared in the actual anime.

I wish I could just ask the seller what magazine Issue and date this came from so I could get it myself officially from Japan. If anyone on here knows anything by some miracle I would definitely buy it and scan it to share with everyone.
Ranma/Shampoo, Ranma/Kurumi, Ryoga/Anna, and Ukyo/Ryuu
LadyRelena
Senshi Cadet

Return to Specific Series: Ranma