The over powered Ranma Contest/List/Brain storm/Nya~

Discuss the Ranma series in this forum.

The over powered Ranma Contest/List/Brain storm/Nya~

Postby DCG » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:24 am

It comes up some times for various fan fiction, "omg overpowered <name here>"

But what if we where going to do so on purpose? Or rather with clear purpose. Using only the stuff from cannon Ranma just how powerful and skilled can we make him/her?

The anime and manga are chalk full of so many abusable things.. to many. Why i'm making this thread ^^.

So post what you think Ranma can use as a power and/or skill. Weapon,Epic/cursed item, anything in the cannon that can be used is game. Lets see if we can cover them all. Oh there's no prise for this contest, but if your lucky i can talk Stacy into giving you a hug.

Ill start first with an easy one. KI abuse. The anime has Ranma and Ryoga chucking KI blasts around of some extream size and power. I believe at one point Ryoga blew up the hole School athletic field with one. athletic been a few things as one, i think there was a soccer field, base ball, track, and a couple more. So ya.. F'in huge.

Hmm, now what else?

List: Nanban mirror -Mondu
Fukufics Mod, Plot Hammer, And Muse poker.
DCG
Fukufics Staffer

Re: The over powered Ranma Contest/List/Brain storm/Nya~

Postby Dumbledork » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:16 am

The Death Note. Just write Saffron's or Herb's name in it and they are done for.
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby mondu_the_fat » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:01 am

Nanban mirror and the ability to time travel is pretty much the gamebreaker of gamebreakers.

The Gurren Lagann or spiral power in general.
"So Igor wasn't kidding. Most people just ensure they won't die cold and alone by making friends...I gain superpowers and have mysterious voices tell me I did a good job. My life is a goddamn mess."
-- Minato Arisato, My Life is a Goddamn Mess
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Pale Wolf » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:41 am

Ahem. Just to point out before this goes totally off-topic.

Using only the stuff from canon Ranma just how powerful and skilled can we make him/her?
There is no problem that cannot be solved through the proper application of immense levels of firepower.

- Finally promoted to Spammaster Indeterminate Rank as of June 18, by Stratagemini

<Stratagemini> My Titanium Anus Armour will repel all challengers!

Would you believe this is one of the more tame bits of dirt I've got for him?
Pale Wolf
Fukufics Staffer

Postby Dumbledork » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:09 am

Didn't see that line.

Then how about the koi fishing rod or whatever it was called? Ranma just needs to use it on everyone.

And there is the wishing sword of course.

Don't forget the age reduction mushrooms. Ranma only has to use them on everyone and he'll be unbeatable.
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Lioconvoy » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:19 am

I'm still not entirely sure I unsterstand what your looking for, and Dumbledorks replies have served to confuse me more. (I did understand it needed to be Ranma Cannon)

The Hiryu Shoten Ha can be pretty destructive, I'm sure if he used it against a combination of Happy and Lucky he could destroy the ward.
Sometimes it just doesn't pay....

Expect me when you see me -Doctor Who (The first Doctor)
Lioconvoy
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:34 am

But the hiryu shoten ha is very conditional. It's almost wholly dependent on another's power and participation.

Assuming that Ranma could learn the exercises required for learning those ki-draining techniques that Hinako uses, that would be rather useful.

Perhaps that cursed mirror that produced a clone of Ranma each of the two times that he looked into it. Without knowing what the limit could be, he could overrun the world with clones.

There's the mark of the battling god, that battle dougi/armor, the super soba, knowing how to afflict the ultimate weakness moxibustion on others...

There's that one trick that Ranma learns from Happosai, which uses an opponent's momentum against them. It doesn't seem impressive at first glance, but, then again, we didn't see it abused. Imagine flinging the opponent every which way each time they attacked, into the air, into walls, or immediately into the ground. The first time that Happosai used it on Ranma, he couldn't even move for a while, so it's more effective than a simple diversionary move. I imagine it's not healthy to be redirected at ninety-degree angles so abruptly.

Also, there are over a hundred springs at Jusenkyo, and about that much are still unknown. Considering the springs that we do know of (Like Taro's and Rouge's), I think it's fair game to come up with a cursed form that has a lot of power/ability, either existent or from scratch (since it's been demonstrated that new springs can and have been made, along with its curse willfully chosen (spring of drowned Akane)). If not something from another anime/manga universe, than from the real world mythologies that are present in Ranma 1/2. Ranma could essentially become a deity.
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:23 am

Just have Ranma make friends with the Cat. I tried that, and it worked well.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby migele » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:30 am

Use/Abuse ... mmh.

To use gaming terms: Skill combinations. there were a lot of exotic arts and moments in there that were never used again.
Even combining something like iron cloth with Amaguriken gives you an incredibly fast and sharp whip.
migele
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Alathon » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:37 am

The Mark of the Battling God or whatever it was that Ryoga got may have looked kinda dumb but it granted a massive combat edge. How much is uncharted.. it was enough that Ranma couldn't straight up thump him.

Spring of drowned Twins.. see if it's possible to dunk twins in it to create an infinite number of clones of yourself.

Spring of drowned Virtuous Man.. I can't actually remember if this is a real one, or just shows up in fanfics on and off, but it'd be a pretty neat political tool. If people could verify that it worked, require all elected officials to be dunked and locked.. or perhaps, make a dunking+locking a pre-requisite to run.

Spring of drowned Phoenix.. saffron was hella powerful, next time, drunk him and ram the kinjakan down his throat so he chokes on it. Neat trick keeping enough water in the spring to make it stick, given that he's on fire, though.

The watermelon training.. do it with realdolls of an actual enemy, so instead of triggering an invincible attack on helpless fruit, you're invincible against your enemies.
"Last week, I tried praying. But I found I was only talking to myself. Don't worry, I learned my lesson last time. This time, no disciples!" - N. Reynolds, To Tell a Hawk from a Handsaw
Alathon
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby three headed dog » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:02 pm

The various forms of mind control, make your enemies fight for you - here is a partial list (there were a lot of them in the series):

-Phoenix mind control eggs.
-Suggestion incense
-Memory suppression/alteration via the shampoos Shampoo used
-hypnosis mushrooms
-flower of adoration medicinal plant Pink and Link had
-toushintan - fighting instinct rises can not disobey the command to fight (used on Konatsu to get him to fight Ranma)
-Shampoo's remote control acupuncture which made Akane do exactly what Shampoo told her to do
-Lucky's butterfly brocade technique

Chemical warfare

-knock out powder
-paralysis powder
-chloroform
-sleeping powder
-tear gas
-paralysis vines
-poison snake herb
-alcohol
-various unnamed poisons used pretty often like the ones Konatsu was going to put in Ranma's food or the plant based poisons Pink and Link had
-explosives (lots of the characters used them like Ukyo mixed with flour, Happosai with his firecrackers, etc.)

Biological warfare

Rarely used in the series tried a few times though Tatewaki tried to give Ranma a cold, Happosai made Ranma sick (so cold he froze so hot the stuff around him singed), and Principal Kuno withheld the antidote to a weird virus that made males act like they were on a Hawaiian honeymoon.

Make use of Guerrilla warfare tactics. Using it Ranma could most likely take out entire armies by himself.

All that really has to be done to make Ranma seem overpowered is get rid of his conscience. Have Ranma fighting to kill and using dirty extremely dishonorable attacks instead of subduing his opponents while minimizing damage to them like he did in the series (Ranma went out of his way to avoid causing real injury to his opponents). Attack weak spots like eyes, use cutting/piercing techniques instead of blunt force damage, etc.
three headed dog
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Wyrd » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:47 pm

Spring of drowned Virtuous Man.. I can't actually remember if this is a real one, or just shows up in fanfics on and off, but it'd be a pretty neat political tool. If people could verify that it worked, require all elected officials to be dunked and locked.. or perhaps, make a dunking+locking a pre-requisite to run.

I believe that one was from an anime episode where Taro was trying to use it to make Happosai so virtuous that he would choose a non-embarrassing name for him. He had the wrong water, though. There was also a victim of spring of drowned priest in either the anime or one of the ova's.

Depending on how exactly you interpret them, the Yamasenken and Umisenken are game breakers by themselves. Both of these schools likely contained more moves than we saw in the anime/manga, and Ranma could likely develop new techniques based off of them, but even with only the canon skills these schools are limited primarily by the conscience and honor of the people who know them.

I've seen a couple of fanfics use the idea of Ranma learning to generate hot ki in one hand and cold ki in the other then spin himself like an ice skater to create the spiral, thus making a powerful wind technique that is limited only by how much power he has to put into it. By using the modification of the Hiryu Hou Toppa, it becomes a very focused and dangerous attack. While this is stretching the canon, it is based firmly on the principles laid out for the techniques.

If Ranma actually mastered all of the techniques from the series and was willing to use the dangerous ones, he would be immensely overpowered. Only a small percentage of the techniques such as Ukyou's flour bombs require that he carry the necessary ingredients with him, but if he mastered hidden weapons, that wouldn't be much of an issue.

Hidden Weapons by itself could make Ranma the most skilled smuggler in the history of the world, or the most feared terrorist. Being able to carry nuclear or biological weapons in a completely undetectable manner has many nasty possibilities.
Wyrd
Senshi Cadet

Postby Zwzn » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:38 pm

The easiest way to make Ranma overpowered is to have him stop playing around. As early as volume one Ranma was able to easily defeat almost anyone in the series in less then a second if he wanted to, and even when facing Herb and Saffron he was trying to use as little force as possible.

So, have Ranma make use of everything he can realistically get his hands on from the series.

Have Ranma not play around. Ranma is just playing with almost everyone he fights in the series.

Since Ranma seems to have learned nearly every style seen in the series and more have him use those techniques.

Keep in mind Ranma very likely does not need to eat or breath.

Ranma heals things like extreme brain damage in seconds at most We are talking about feats comparable to guys like Deadpool.

Ranma can easily lift multiple ton objects. Even when under the Moxibustion of weakness Ranma was still lifting and carrying more then his own weight.

After a certain point in the series Ranma seems to be able to do the Hiryu Shoten Ha when ever he wants to without making a spiral at least.

It would not be unreasonable to think he could workout the bugs in the Hiryu Korin Dan, and make it a standard attack. The Hiryu Korin Dan seems to work by draining energy from the target and surroundings, and then firing that energy as a focused blast. Such an attack would let Ranma go toe to toe with just about anything.

Ranma has a Ki blest for every emotion in canon.

Ranma may know how to teleport.

Ranma has selective intangibility.

Ranma has abnormally strong mental defenses.

Ranma has shown some minor mind control abilities.

Ranma seems nearly immune to energy attacks. He often seems more hurt by the fall then the lightning or fireball, and does not seem to burn.

The only illness I recall Ranma ever getting seemed supernatural in nature.

The neko-ken may depending on interruption protection from possession.

The only thing canon Ranma seems to be missing is a true flight technique and what might be called an elemental attack (I don't count the Hiryu Shoten Ha and it's variants), and we know Ranma has seen Taro, Rouge, Saffron, and Herb use them
Zwzn
Moon Senshi

Return to Specific Series: Ranma