Nerima Wrecking Crew as a Scion Pantheon

Discuss the Ranma series in this forum.

Nerima Wrecking Crew as a Scion Pantheon

Postby SpaceKnight of Chaos » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:05 pm

Scion, for those of you unfamiliar with it, is a tabletop RPG by White Wolf Studios in which you play as a child born from the union between one of the various pantheons of gods and a human being, the divinity in your blood awoken to aid your divine parents in fighting a war against the dreaded Titans, entities beyond even the gods who have broken free and threaten all of creation. Begining as but a mere Hero (which still elevates you vastly above the common man), a Scion can eventually grow into first a Demigod, and then a fully fledged God in their own right.

I recently acquired the "Hero" (corebook) for this game, and I took a liking to it. Other then idly wondering to myself if I could actually pull off a Ranma 1/2 fanfic where some of the Crew find out they are Scions, I didn't think about mixing it with Ranma 1/2. Then, at the White Wolf Wikia, I stumbled across two "anime-based" fan-made pantheons; one of the Straw Hat Pirates from One Piece, and a generic "Anime Pantheon", the Ani-Matsu, that basically made deities out of Neo-Queen Serenity, King Endymion, Shinji Ikari, Son Goku, Kamina, Ash Ketchum, Nia Tepplin, Lelouch Vi Brittania, Edward & Alphonse Elric, Ichigo Kurosaki, Naruto Uzumaki, Simon, and Lain Iwakura. Not very well written, I will be the first to admit, but it made me start to wonder. Would it be at all possible to make Scion-style deities out of the Nerima Wrecking Crew, just for kicks. So, I took my curiosity and brought it here, to see if anyone would be interested in discussing the matter. I do have some concrete thoughts, and some vaguer thoughts for what the possible "god profiles" of the Ranma characters who've ascended may be, but I'll just go with the concrete and one slightly less vague god profile to pique your interests.

Relationships with the Pantheons: Due to their mortal lands of origin, one would expect the Nerima Wrecking Crew to have a strong kinship with the Amatsukami (Japanese pantheon) and, thanks to the presence of Shampoo, Mousse & Cologne, cordial ties at least with the Celestial Beauracracy (Chinese pantheon). The truth of the matter is that neither of those pantheons likes the young gods of this pantheon at all, given their wild, eccentric, chaotic, selfish, anarchic, fiercely independent nature. This attitude similarly alienates the Pesedjet (Egyptian pantheon), with their firm belief in law and social order, the Atzlanti (South American/Aztec pantheon), with their fixation on duty and sacrifice, and the Devas (Hindu pantheon), who are practically combine the aspects of the Pesedjet and Atzlanti that are least compatible with these young gods. The Nerima Wrecking Crew finds kindred spirits in the more wild, free-spirited and independent pantheons; the Dodekatheon (Greco-Roman pantheon), with their emphasis on individual expression, and especially the war-like Aesir (Norse pantheon) and Tuatha de Dannan (Irish pantheon), are the ones who most get on with the Nerima Wrecking Crew.

On Siring vs. Adopting Scions: This is going to be the most controversial part of this little "discussion"; which of the deific Ranma 1/2 characters would be willing to lie with a mortal to create a Scion, and which would be forced to adopt the Scions born to/of other deities to make their own Scions? This is an aspect I'll emphasize as being personally flexible - if you don't agree with it, change it for your own needs. I, for instance, may feel that Akane Tendo has too much pride, sexual repression and sheer tsundereness to ever give birth to her own Scions, but others may not think that. Similarly, Ranma's fear of the wrath of his mortal life's fiancees may drive him away from any thought of bedding mortal women, or he may have accepted that they're never going to be happy anyway and so do as he pleases. It's a matter of personal opinion.

Sample Diety: "Ranko Saotome"
Description: When Ranma Saotome was mortal, he bore a curse that caused him to transform into a female form whenever doused with cold water. When Ranma took up the divine mantle, his female form took on a god-like life of her own. Precisely why is not known; some have said that he was still cursed when he ascended and the divine spark kindled in the curse to make it a seperate being, while others said that he cured himself beforehand, only for Fate to create her in order to mock and torment him. Whatever the truth is, neither will say, and it's one of the best ways to send Ranma flying into a rage, so most don't ask. Cheerfully acting as the Ying to Ranma's Yang, she acts seemingly randomly to help or thwart his goals as she pleases. She is playful, teasing, flirtatious, and interested in just about anything "feminine". She can fight, but prefers to manipulate or use diplomacy, and vastly prefers makeup, dresses and jewelry over the toughened combat wear of her male counterpart. She has no real allies amongst the Nerima Wrecking Crew, who distrust her for her suspect origins, but tries to help her fellow goddesses become "more feminine" all the same. The only members of the pantheon that she actively dislikes are the perverted Tatewaki Kuno and Happosai, and they alone rouse her to violence.

As with the other members of the Nerima Wrecking Crew, Ranko typically adopts teenaged and young adult forms. She is always a distinct eye-catcher, thanks to a mixture of looks and spirit (or "spunk", as it's sometimes called), and often involved equally in both the pursuit of her own pleasure and helping those around her. She is the most willing of the Nerima Wrecking Crew to bear her own Scions, something that just seems to make Ranma all the nastier towards her.

Scions of Ranko tend to be either women or bishonen (or even outright effete) men, with the former definately in predominance. Like her, they are usually more interested in the nicer things than violence, but display a surprisingly hard steel core when it really matters.

Purviews: Ranko passes on the Purviews of Illusion, Water, Epic Charisma, and Epic Manipulation. In a setting that uses the fanmade Rus pantheon, she may also pass on the Purview of Duality.
Water, water, everywhere, and all was cursed and black!
Drowned ones cast bad spell and out come pig, girl, duck, panda!
Swirl, swirl, slithery pond, and join with magic spring!
Swirl, swirl, dirty pond, and rid the cursed sting!
Here my prayer, I beg you please!
Now turn these curses BACK!

http://www.issendai.com/rpgs/japanese-boys-names.shtml
http://www.issendai.com/rpgs/japanese-girls-names.shtml
SpaceKnight of Chaos
Prism Power Senshi

Return to Specific Series: Ranma