Some thoughts on Jyusenkyou

Discuss the Ranma series in this forum.

Postby Lightspire » Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:38 pm

I apologize. I did not mean to get "uppity". However, he wasn't really paying attention to what I was saying, which was that Nabiki COULD help out once in a while... Not support the whole family. I've seen him go off like this before, and don't want to get yelled at for mistaking anime for manga. So, I felt that there was no need to continue the discussion. If he doesn't think it's plausible, then he doesn't. If he thinks Nabiki is heartless, I can't change his opinion. I just want to let by-gones be by-gones. I was never trying to argue, just suggest a plausibility, and he was attacking it like I thought it was canon. I was trying to state, in my own words, what he was telling me nabiki was. bad form? Probably...I should've left that out, but I also wanted to show in no uncertain terms that I was finished. I am unaware of a way to show this without seeming rude. I'm not going to post my opinions here, anymore, so that I can stop making an ass out of myelf, and just let everyone have a good time.. I can't detect emotions through the internet, so perhaps I read these wrong, and overreacted. I don't know how else to placate people for my actions, so I'm just going to leave this thread alone.... Once again, I apologize, I will be certain to be more polite in the future.
There once was a boy who turned into a girl,
his fiancee's cooking always made him hurl.
Instead of eating one day, he tried to throw it away, and now he has a bird's eye view of the world.
Lightspire
Senshi Cadet

Postby nuclear death frog » Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:13 pm

Temple, I probably did jump down Light's throat a bit there. Light, I offer a partial apology.
The reason I do not offer a whole apology is because in my opinion Nabiki's general M.O in the manga is utterly reprehensible and heinous beyond defense. And I'm *tired* of seeing the same dated and flat-out wrong assertions and arguments bandied about in her defense.
The manga has been available *FREE* online for years, and anyone who knows a damn thing about Google can find it in about fifteen seconds, or less. At this point, pretty much the only excuse I'll accept for not having read it is that you're blind. Literally.
Is the Ranmascan/New Ranma Project the best translation available? Maybe not. But it *is* a *completed* translation AND scanning, and it costs nothing. Well, except whatever you pay for internet access, and maybe not even that if you surf for free somewhere.
nuclear death frog
Senshi Cadet

Postby Lightspire » Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:28 pm

thank you. It has been a while since I have read the whole manga. I was using the anime for personal reference of the betting pools, which I should not have.
But I never said she supported her family. (And when I stomped out, it was because you appeared to be yelling at me about the manga fact, not the accomadations thing...) I was only proposing that it was plausible that she (after my re-statement) could assist with things like home repairs and what not. Again, not that she does, but that it was plausible.
According to your information, it is not plausible, and after reviewing the facts displayed, it may not be. I'll have to review my manga again to make certain I'm not confusing manga with anime.
And you are correct to not have to apologize for your views on Nabiki's character.
There once was a boy who turned into a girl,
his fiancee's cooking always made him hurl.
Instead of eating one day, he tried to throw it away, and now he has a bird's eye view of the world.
Lightspire
Senshi Cadet

Postby Zwzn » Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:15 am

[quote="Togashi GaijinCorrect. Takahashi's Nabiki is about as amoral a character as you can get - in spite of VIZ's inadvertent attempt to soften her character a little by deliberately mistranslating at least one key spot in the manga.
-Togashi Gaijin-[/quote]What did Viz do?
Zwzn
Moon Senshi

Previous

Return to Specific Series: Ranma