Crackpot Ranma pairing's you'd like to see

Discuss the Ranma series in this forum.

Crackpot Ranma pairing's you'd like to see

Postby FriendlyEL » Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:04 pm

In response to both the topic from Space Knight for searches of odd pairings Going off the beaten track and the concept I broght up on the Nerinma noncombatant's view of martial artists of possibly pairing one of the NWC with non fighters, I kind of decided that I wanted to hear of some of people's thoughts on what odd pairings they thought would have been interesting to see in the manga. Also, I would also like people to add a little blurb on what they think it would take for this pairing to come and what you think the reactions would be from the multiple people that would know each of the pairing's participants.

One pairing I sort of got interested in after seeing a story of it is Kasumi/Mousse. My personal thoughts is that it would be almost impossible for Mousse to end up with any female other than Shampoo unless a big change happens, which is too bad since it is quite clear that that pairing isn't going to work (first off, he's far too willing to defend her, and I don't think Shampoo or Ukyo like the idea of a man that will constantly protect them being the independent types they are, plus she just sees him as an annoyance). Nevertheless, I think that if they did meet each other in the right circumstances, the fanfiction I read had Mousse kicked out and Kasumi taking care of his injured duck form, then have him stay around with her in the Tendo House while he's not allowed at the Nekohanten, he could begin to warm up to her some.

Plus, there's the problem that Kasumi likes older men. Although, how much of that is simply because she sees younger men as unintelligent or unable to have an intellectual conversation? If that's the case, Mousse is somewhat of a savant intellectual at times, even if he can at times make himself look like a real idiot (usually caused by his devotion to Shampoo or his nearsightedness). Although, those flaws I think Kasumi would be more able to tolerate from him than Shampoo.

As for other's reactions to the pairing:

Ranma: Probably would be happy to see Mousse find someone, but at the same point could be worried about Kasumi's well being around one of his most hostile rivals.

Akane: Would probably want it to go well for Mousse's well being, but at the same point will be disappointed for Dr. Tofu.

Dr. Tofu: Would probably attack Mousse in a battle over Kasumi.

Shampoo: Probably will be extatic to have Mousse out of her hair at first, then slightly depressed that he's gone.

Cologne: Would be very happy to have the bird-brain out of her and her great-grandaughter's hair.

So there's one example to go by. Anyone else have some other suggestions?
FriendlyEL
Asteroid Senshi

Postby deathgeonous » Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:46 pm

Umm there IS a Kasumi Mousse fic on fanficion.net. I'll see if I can find it for you, if can can remeber it's damn name. I CAN remeber most of the summery however, so that might make it a bit easier to find.

If I find it, I'll link it here for you.
‘Stealing from one person is called plagiarism. Stealing from multiple people is called research!’ The Crossover Writer's Core Motto.
deathgeonous
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby deathgeonous » Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:50 pm

Dang that was quick. Gift of Love

Link here

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2692337/1/Gift_of_Love

Enjoy.
‘Stealing from one person is called plagiarism. Stealing from multiple people is called research!’ The Crossover Writer's Core Motto.
deathgeonous
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby claymade » Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:01 pm

I've always had a somewhat-irrational soft spot for Ryouga/Shampoo. He's probably the most affection-starved character in the series; she's one of the most affectionate. She respects martial power; he's got it in spades. She doesn't have the frankly unsettling levels of doormatish-ness that Akari does--and she could probably survive a hug from him a lot better too.

This would work best in AUs, where plot changes contrive Ryouga to beat her first. Failing that, it'd obviously be a much harder row to hoe, but not entirely inconceivable, especially if she's ever actually convinced that Ranma is beyond her grasp.

Reactions:

Ranma: Heck yeah! Two birds with one stone! (Well, more a cat and a piglet, but who's counting?) Perhaps some amount of jealousy, but as long as it's not as abrupt and personal as the Reversal Jewel arc, I think he could rationalize it away. (There is, after all, difference between "I hate you because you're not good enough" and "I've given up on you 'cause I don't think I've got a chance", which is what he could interpret it as.)

Akane: Well, only one bird for her, but I imagine she'd be happy for Ryouga finding someone as well.

Mousse: Murderous intent, of course.

Cologne: This is the hard one to peg, and it depends a lot on the circumstances, and your view of her. If this is after Shampoo's engagement to Ranma, the question becomes whether she's more interested in the letter of the law, or whether she'd be willing to fudge things to get an almost-as-good sure-thing for her village, rather than risk everything to get a better prize.
claymade
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Jupiah » Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:09 pm

I'd love to see someone pair Pantyhose Taro with anyone. The guy is such an utter bastard that I just can't see him getting with anyone in the normal Nerima crew, except possibly Shampoo, if she was truely rejected by Ranma and he beat her.

I do remember one fic I read where Kasumi cared for Taro after he recieved a beating from Happosai. At first he was disdainful of her, but wound up being confused by her innocence. He stuck around longer than usual, causing a lot of tension with Ranma and the rest of the Tendo's. Tofu eventually attacked him in jeolousy, which resulted in Kasumi reprimanding him and caring for Taro again. Taro decided he didn't mind be treated by her, despite the shame of his defeat, and started actively courting Kasumi, much to the annoyance of everyone else. Taro was still an jerk to everyone but Kasumi, but there were hints of him being slightly reformed by her. I wish I could remember the name of that fic. Does anyone else know of a fics where Taro is paired with someone, without assassinating his evil bastardly character?
Jupiah
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby SpaceKnight of Chaos » Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:16 pm

Personally, I've quite a soft spot for Ranma/Shampoo, but I don't think that's really crackpot enough. When it comes to Mousse, however, there are slightly more possibilities. I recall once visiting a site that said that, of the core cast, Ukyo is probably the girl best for Mousse- I think it said something along the lines of she doesn't mind some affection, but on the other hand she's strong-willed enough that she could put her foot down about him. I don't really remember.

I think Mousse/Akane might work fairly well too; Akane, so it seems, wants someone who'll cherish and idolize her, who's willing to make her happy no matter the cost to himself, and Mousse... well, that's basically what he does for Shampoo. Ryoga and Kuno would go nuts if that happened, while Ranma's reaction... I see several possibilities, including desperately trying to seperate the two, turning his back on Akane in a huff/out of sorrow if she proves to be genuinely in love with the Chinese (or at least he thinks she is- see Shinnosuke) and (when he first becomes aware of it) fainting in disbelief. Cologne would probably be quite pleased, while Shampoo's reaction would be deepest ecstasy (the two worst obstacles, in her opinion, are now well out of the way- that leaves only Ukyo to worry about, and Kodachi in the anime continuity) tinged with vindictive spite ("they deserve each other!", basically).

How might a Ryoga/Kodachi pairing go/work?
Water, water, everywhere, and all was cursed and black!
Drowned ones cast bad spell and out come pig, girl, duck, panda!
Swirl, swirl, slithery pond, and join with magic spring!
Swirl, swirl, dirty pond, and rid the cursed sting!
Here my prayer, I beg you please!
Now turn these curses BACK!

http://www.issendai.com/rpgs/japanese-boys-names.shtml
http://www.issendai.com/rpgs/japanese-girls-names.shtml
SpaceKnight of Chaos
Prism Power Senshi

Postby FriendlyEL » Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:29 pm

Thanks, deathgeonous. Yeah, Gift of Love is another that I remember seeing. I think Kasumi one of the best people you could pair someone as love starved as Mousse.

As for Shampoo and Ryoga, I've seen that before on some stories. I think another problem that could get in the way is how do you get Ryoga to fight Shampoo if the laws need be? Ryoga's not the type to hit girls.

How do you think Akari would react to it though, and how her and Shampoo would get along?

Does anyone else know of a fics where Taro is paired with someone, without assassinating his evil bastardly character?

He could still be a real ass on Wheel of Fire, in which him and Kodachi got hitched. She softens him up some progressively, but especially at the beginning he could be pretty bad.

By the way, Taro/Kodachi, unless some haven't figured it out already, is a pairing I have a soft spot for myself. I think as mentioned in another thread, she's the only female charachter in the show that just wouldn't care about how bad Taro would treat him, she'd still want him. Plus, all he would have to do to get her to like her is to fall from a roof and have him catch her, problem solved. She'll be all over him. I don't see her minding his name too much. Plus, Taro is despite what people say able to fall in love with any girl he saves, and unlike girls I don't see Kodachi letting Taro just run away like he does when other girls ask for his name.

Then again, I don't see him reacting too well to being paralyzed with flowers.

Ranma: Happy that Kodachi is not going to pester him anymore, but not so happy Taro is around.

Akane: Happy for both Taro and Kodachi. Happy Kodachi's out of the way.

Kuno: I... don't think him and Taro would get along too well.

Principal Kuno: Probably would be happy for his daughter finding someone.

Shampoo: Would be happy Kodachi's not competition anymore

Ukyo: Same as Shampoo

Happosai: Will not be best pleased to have Taro in the same town as him on a regular basis.

Rogue: Might try to convince Kodachi (out of fear for her well being) to dump the "vile pervert".

Ukyo/Hiroshi is one I've been starting to wonder about, too. It would be interesting to see how it could work out. I think if she did get over Ranma, it might. I could see Ranma trying to pair up the two once she gets over her depression after the failed wedding, and somehow I think it would be better for Ukyo to have a more normal person than alot of the others she is around on a regular basis. Plus, I don't see him all that unable to handle the oddities of her life. Then again, I could see Hiroshi's perverted immaturity grating on her.

Ranma: Probably happy his friend has someone, especially since she won't be pushing the marriage anymore.

Akane: Extatic that one of the other fiancees is dealt with and has a happy ending.

Konatsu: This one is a question as to whether or not he would attack Hiroshi in jealousy. At one point his intro has shown that he is a trained killer, but at the same point I think he genuinely cares too much for Ukyo's well being to do that. Although I see him become severely depressed.

Tsubasa: Now I think if he comes by again Ukyo may need to protect Hiroshi from this guy, but then again Tsubasa has never proven to be that much of a threat.

Shampoo: Happy Ukyo's out of the way.

Kodachi: Same as Shampoo

Daisuke: Jealously jokes with Hiroshi much the same way they both do with Ranma.

Although, you could replace Hiroshi with Daisuke and have everything happen the same way.
Last edited by FriendlyEL on Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FriendlyEL
Asteroid Senshi

Postby claymade » Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:53 pm

FriendlyEL wrote:As for Shampoo and Ryoga, I've seen that before on some stories. I think another problem that could get in the way is how do you get Ryoga to fight Shampoo if the laws need be? Ryoga's not the type to hit girls.

He prefers not to, but sufficiently motivated, he will.

How do you think Akari would react to it though, and how her and Shampoo would get along?

She'd probably react much the way she does in canon when she thinks Ryouga is in love with Ranma--back off, and pine over him from a distance, waiting for him to return to her.

As such, I'm not seeing too much in the way of serious interactions with Shampoo--who probably wouldn't register her as much of a threat.
claymade
Asteroid Senshi

Postby FriendlyEL » Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:05 pm

SpaceKnight of Chaos wrote:How might a Ryoga/Kodachi pairing go/work?

Probably about the same way it would with Taro. If he saves her from a fall she will fall for him. If she falls for him and gives him affection, he will fall for her. At least, unless the whole chaining him as a pig onto Ranma is still all that much on his mind.

Ranma: Like with Ryoga/Shampoo, happy to get rid of two birds with one stone.

Akane: Again, happy Ryoga has a girl and Kodachi's not a problem anymore.

Ukyo: Will laugh, thinking they both deserve each other.

Shampoo: Will be happy one of the "competition" is out of the way.

Kuno: Will be upset for his sister having affections for a "peasant" like Ryoga.

Akari: Probably won't do anything.
FriendlyEL
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Southern Cross » Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:06 am

Another Mousse/Kasumi pairing is http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1975564/1/%20Ranma's%20Morning%20Confessionwhich involves the use of multiple magic potions (mostly on Ranma)
,the resolution of most of Ranma's problems,Mousse finally giving up on Shampoo,and in my opinion,the best of the "Ryouga gets found out" brand of Ryouga-bashing,among other things.
Also,ever since I read "Comes A Cold Dragon",I've been a fan of pairing Herb with Nabiki.
"We're all part monsters in our subconscious-That's why we have laws and religion!" -Captain J.J. Adams
Southern Cross
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Atlan » Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:30 am

Odd pairing: Ukyo and Shampoo

Say that Ukyo defeated Shampoo- and being legally registered as a man, Ukyo is now Shampoo's husband.

Reactions:

Akane: Would be happy for them- or think it was a way to lure Ranma into bed

Ryoga: Nose bleed. Posibily fatal

Ranma: Probably jellous as he was during the reversal jewel arc. Would also want to be the best man at the wedding.

Mousse: Angry as ever. Might even try to curse him self with spring-of-drowned-girl water.

Cologne: Serious comedy potiential here. You could play her as a senile old woman, who's convinced that Ukyo IS a man.
The Banana, the Atheist's Nightmare:

God made it with a non-slip surface, a color coded system so we know when to eat it, and an easy open tab at the top of the banana. It's just the right shape for a mouth and is easy to digest!!
Atlan
Asteroid Senshi

Postby EdenB » Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:54 am

I can't really see this one happening and it'd be more of a crackfic since the how is fairly shakey.

Ranma/Ling Ling & Lung Lung.

How: They manage to surprise Shampoo and defeat her together even though she's much better, then get defeated by Ranma when attacking him seperately. It turns out that there's an obscure village law stating that if someone or a group defeats the first one to be defeated, then is defeated themselves, then they take their place. Ling Ling and Lung Lung didn't know.

Reactions:

Ranma: Would proberly be happy to get rid of Shampoo but not know what to do with two kids, might be protective even moreso if Akane/Ukyo/Kodachi/Shampoo attacked them.

Ling Ling/Lung Lung: Proberly feeling like they betrayed their 'sister' Shampoo though they didn't know. Possibly eventually falling for Ranma as a crush on an older guy way.

Shampoo: Angry, betrayed, proberly having to be kept in line by Cologne and being annoyed by Mousse even more. Most likely still trying to gain Ranma's attentions.

Mousse: Happy that Ranma has no claim on Shampoo.

Akane: Calling Ranma a pervert for having two kid wifes, angry whenever he defended them.

Ukyo: Proberly a little happy, not taking them as serious contenders and getting rid of Shampoo's claim.

Ryoga: Proberly angry just because Akane is.
EdenB
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby SpaceKnight of Chaos » Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:27 pm

Actually, it isn't quite as shaky as you might think. In their first appearance ("Two Too Violent Girls! Ling-Ling & Lung-Lung!"), they do indeed manage to beat Shampoo (by pulling out their "Great Dance of the Fire Dragon" technique), and when Ranma beats them and his true gender is revealed, both happily latch onto his arms, commenting that "Amazons have to marry guy what beats them" and "he have to marry with both us!". Shampoo promptly gets angry and asks why they came to Japan, reminding them that Ranma is hers, whereupon they respond that good sisters always share. In their second appearance, after they confront Ranma in the park, there is a bit of confusion where the girls come to believe that Ranma has fallen in love with them, looking at him with "starry" eyes and sounding quite happy about the idea.

The only thing shaky is the law you mentioned; in the anime, the reason Ranma doesn't have Ling-Ling & Lung-Lung as his brides instead of or in addition to Shampoo is because, when it comes to the Kiss of Marriage, the official law is "first come, first serve". It is kind of in line with other Joketsuzoku rules that've been mentioned before, so it could be used as a replacement for plot purposes, or maybe it's an old and obscure "subrule" that only comes into play for very specific circumstances.

SpaceKnight of Chaos
Prism Power Senshi

Postby EdenB » Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:22 pm

The Ranma/Ling Ling & Lung Lung might actually be an interesting fic then. People already seem to play with the laws and even in real life there are obscure laws that no-one really pays attention to.

Another one that could be fun is Ranma/Azusa Shiratori. I've not managed to come up with a how yet though. Possibly an accidental kiss making her change her obsession to him or something. I'm not sure of her age though since she looks young in the anime, but wiki estimates 16 and the pics of her there make look it.
EdenB
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby SpaceKnight of Chaos » Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:42 pm

I think Azusa is about 16, but she deliberately dresses/act/talks like she does in order to make herself seem "cuter". I don't know if it's on topic or not, but she gets a second appearance on her own in the anime, 'collecting' Kuno after she sees him cut his way out of a tanuki statue that she found cute, beliving him to be a real tanuki that she calls "Marianne". During the martial arts skating battle she and Kuno have against Ranma & Akane, there's a point where she latches onto Ranma and looks like she's about to try Mikado's favorite "attack" against the opposite sex before Akane kicks at her, hitting Ranma by mistake.

There was a two-shot about Ranma/Azusa called For Better of Worse, by Donny Cheng, though they didn't actually get seriously interested in each other. More friends with a budding mutual crush, I think.

SpaceKnight of Chaos
Prism Power Senshi

Next

Return to Specific Series: Ranma