Ranma fights that would be fun to see

Discuss the Ranma series in this forum.

Postby rmt » Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:22 am

FriendlyEL wrote:One I thought would be fun to watch, assuming the latter is willing to take it seriously, is a Super Soba or Battle Doji powered Akane vs. Ryoga.

Ryouga: Shishihokodan! Oh no, I hurt Akane! Ultimate Shishihokodan!!
rmt
Senshi Cadet

Postby FriendlyEL » Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:52 am

Okay, actually an Eva may have been going a little too far. How about Mousse, Ryoga, and Ranma vs. Sephiroth from Final Fantasy VII?

Another one that I like is Ranma's powerful but outdated sparring partners, Genma vs. Ryoga.
FriendlyEL
Asteroid Senshi

Postby claymade » Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:35 pm

FriendlyEL wrote:One I thought would be fun to watch, assuming the latter is willing to take it seriously, is a Super Soba or Battle Doji powered Akane vs. Ryoga.

As rmt alludes to, the key issue isn't so much him taking it seriously as it is him simply being willing to hurt her. (Which is approximately as likely as hell freezing over.) It would take a really out-there circumstance to make that fight end as anything but a draw--or an Akane victory with a sufficient power-up.

Another one that I like is Ranma's powerful but outdated sparring partners, Genma vs. Ryoga.

Ooh, I'd like to see that one. I'd say Genma--at least in their first couple outings. He's got the experience and the trickiness, while Ryouga's a more plain fighter.

The more they fight, though, and the more experienced with each other they get, the more I think it'd tilt toward Ryouga's favor, until it eventually becomes much like Genma and Ranma.
claymade
Asteroid Senshi

Postby mondu_the_fat » Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:30 am

Ranma vs The Hulk

All Ranma has to do is HSH The Hulk.

Ranma vs DBZ

Ranma steals nukes from China/Russia and uses them on the DBZ characters. Yep, a definite win for Ranma.

Ugh.

I'd like to see a battle with super soba, battle dogi, and Mark of the Fighting God (although the mark should wipe the floor with those two).
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby nuclear death frog » Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:10 am

mondu_the_fat wrote:Ranma vs The Hulk

All Ranma has to do is HSH The Hulk.

Can you say "pyrrhic victory"?

I can.

When suitably pissed, Hulk can become strong enough to shatter the entire planet with his fists, and that isn't even his worst anger!

Good on Ranma for creating a tornado that kills everyone alive! That's definitely the way to win! :roll:
nuclear death frog
Senshi Cadet

Postby Pale Wolf » Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:09 am

The more they fight, though, and the more experienced with each other they get, the more I think it'd tilt toward Ryouga's favor, until it eventually becomes much like Genma and Ranma.

I'd think it stands a very good chance of going the other way. As they fight each other, they learn how the other operates. But a plain fighter never changes, a trickster does. So Genma's getting used to Ryouga, who's still trying to compensate for the last time they fought.

It's a matter of whether Genma is like Ranma and makes up his tricks quickly, or if he just relies on a lot of ones 'stocked up' over time.
There is no problem that cannot be solved through the proper application of immense levels of firepower.

- Finally promoted to Spammaster Indeterminate Rank as of June 18, by Stratagemini

<Stratagemini> My Titanium Anus Armour will repel all challengers!

Would you believe this is one of the more tame bits of dirt I've got for him?
Pale Wolf
Fukufics Staffer

Postby claymade » Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:36 am

Pale Wolf wrote:I'd think it stands a very good chance of going the other way. As they fight each other, they learn how the other operates. But a plain fighter never changes, a trickster does. So Genma's getting used to Ryouga, who's still trying to compensate for the last time they fought.

It's a matter of whether Genma is like Ranma and makes up his tricks quickly, or if he just relies on a lot of ones 'stocked up' over time.

From my reading of the "Ranma surpasses Genma" storyline, my guess was that it's mostly the latter. Certainly he's got the tricks and experience of a lifetime, but he seems to be mostly coasting now. Blow-by-blow Ranma is clearly more than a match for him by the end of the manga, and in terms of tricks, the Hell's Cradle is the only one we've seen him innovate lately--such as it was...

You notice that in their initial fights during that storyline, Genma didn't have anything particularly tricky that he thought would work on Ranma. That implies that he'd used his tricks essentially up on the boy, implying in turn that he'd mostly stopped innovating, and certainly wasn't popping things out on the fly.

Really, most Ranma/Genma fights are pretty straight-up battles--thus, I'd expect Ryouga/Genma to get there too, eventually. But Ryouga's disadvantage is that Genma could initially nail him with all the tricks that Ranma has long since gotten wise to.
claymade
Asteroid Senshi

Postby FriendlyEL » Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:47 pm

Is it me or does it seem like Ryoga could wipe the floor with Shampoo if he really wanted to (not to mention that he probably would be better off if he DID in fact loose to her)?

Anyways, some people speculate that Kuno could actually be a very serious threat to Akane if he was willing to hurt her, and was apparantly not that far from Ranma in the beginning of the series. Anyone think if he was angry enough to hurt them despite being girls he would stand a chance against the likes of Ukyo or Shampoo?
FriendlyEL
Asteroid Senshi

Postby mondu_the_fat » Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:53 pm

FriendlyEL wrote:Anyways, some people speculate that Kuno could actually be a very serious threat to Akane if he was willing to hurt her, and was apparantly not that far from Ranma in the beginning of the series.

I was a little annoyed at the martial arts cheerleading arc. Akane was holding her own against Kuno in a swordfight, and this was Kuno who thought he was fighting a man (and thus, more serious).

It annoyed me because it implied that since Akane was fighting so that Ranma may win, she somehow tapped into some reserve that enabled her to fight Kuno. I found it corny.
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby claymade » Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:22 pm

FriendlyEL wrote:Is it me or does it seem like Ryoga could wipe the floor with Shampoo if he really wanted to

Considering that Ranma toys with Shampoo like a child when he fights her, whereas he usually fights Ryouga to the point of both of them being barely standing when they go all out, I'd say that's a pretty safe appraisal that Ryouga could take her apart without too much effort.

FriendlyEL wrote:(not to mention that he probably would be better off if he DID in fact loose to her)

I've actually long thought they would be a fairly cute couple. Shampoo can lavish Ryouga with the affection that he's so starved for--and of all the girls, is probably the one in least danger from a physical relationship with him.

Ryouga, on the other hand, is both a hideously strong warrior that she can respect, as well as a (relative to her, at least) soft-hearted soul that she can maybe learn a thing or two from. At least it'd show her that the two qualities aren't mutually exclusive.

FriendlyEL wrote:Anyways, some people speculate that Kuno could actually be a very serious threat to Akane if he was willing to hurt her, and was apparantly not that far from Ranma in the beginning of the series.

I wouldn't go that far. Even at their very first full fight, Ranma can pretty much take him out at will as soon as he stops fooling around.

mondu_the_fat wrote:I was a little annoyed at the martial arts cheerleading arc. Akane was holding her own against Kuno in a swordfight, and this was Kuno who thought he was fighting a man (and thus, more serious).

Well, it was in the context of a kendo match. Not like they're going to let him use his concrete-shattering air pressure blows or such in that, so he's still not going all-out.

I mean, Kuno's better than her, sure, but it's never said by exactly how much. If his canonical holding back was largely limited to not using his higher techniques against her, then the cheerleading match fits perfectly.

FriendlyEL wrote:Anyone think if he was angry enough to hurt them despite being girls he would stand a chance against the likes of Ukyo or Shampoo?

Hard to say. But, on the strength of the martial arts cheerleading arc as mentioned above, I'd say it's not likely that Kuno is as utterly, overwhelmingly better than Akane as Shampoo is. So, I'd give that one to the girls, personally speaking.
claymade
Asteroid Senshi

Postby FriendlyEL » Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:42 pm

I still wonder just exactly how much Ukyo would struggle against Mousse.
FriendlyEL
Asteroid Senshi

Postby nuclear death frog » Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:07 pm

FriendlyEL wrote:I still wonder just exactly how much Ukyo would struggle against Mousse.

The fact that *both* Mousse and Ryouga laughed at Saffron for being stunned by a multiton boulder right to the face suggests that Mousse is far too durable for Ukyou to effect much if at all with her attacks. They stated that Ranma hit harder than that all the time. Ranma needed virtually no effort at all to destroy Ukyou's weapons and subdue her once he actually got it in mind to do so.

Mousse also has enough physical strength to shatter that metal bell that he punched in the Jizou statue story. One or two of those punches and Ukyou is out cold, at least.
nuclear death frog
Senshi Cadet

Postby claymade » Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:33 am

How about Lime vs. Taro?

The interesting thing with this one is that it's the only Ranmaverse fight I can think of where Taro would actually probably be far better off in his smaller, agile uncursed form.
claymade
Asteroid Senshi

Postby FriendlyEL » Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:26 pm

I think I may want to reread that arc, because I always forget the names of those two. Is Lime the strong one Ryoga fights or the fast one Mousse fights? I'd be better able to predict this fight if I remembered that storyline a little better.

Speaking of that, I'm thinking that a fight with Herb vs. Taro would be an entertaining one.
FriendlyEL
Asteroid Senshi

Postby claymade » Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:41 pm

FriendlyEL wrote:I think I may want to reread that arc, because I always forget the names of those two. Is Lime the strong one Ryoga fights or the fast one Mousse fights? I'd be better able to predict this fight if I remembered that storyline a little better.

Speaking of that, I'm thinking that a fight with Herb vs. Taro would be an entertaining one.

Lime is the big bruiser that Ryouga fights.

Herb vs. Taro... well now that you mention it--contrary my earlier statement, that's another one where he'd probably be better off in his human form. Although, while I think Taro might be able to pull out a victory against Lime if he had the patience to stay human, he's probably pretty much screwed either way against Herb.

Still, he'd probably be able to put up a roughly Ranma-level fight if he stayed human--except for the higher-level techniques like the HSH, which he hasn't shown any evidence of having. Going monster form, though, would probably just make him one big tasty target for Herb's Flying Sword of the Dragon.
claymade
Asteroid Senshi

PreviousNext

Return to Specific Series: Ranma