Stolen Text!? Straight, gay, bipedaling quickly Ranma!?

Where stuff about fanfiction that doesn't fit into any other category goes. Try to make sure that new topics here actually couldn't actually go somewhere else.

Re: Stolen Text!? Straight, gay, bipedaling quickly Ranma!?

Postby Crescent Pulsar » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:28 pm

Not that it guarantees good results. *Begins to sweat and avoid making eye contact*
Crescent Pulsar
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:52 pm

Debating and Educating gets better results than decapitating.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:38 pm

Decapitation seemed to have done some good for the French during their revolution. :P
Crescent Pulsar
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:54 pm

Was it really good? Going from an out of touch Aristocracy to the Megalomaniacal Napoleon trying to conquer the known world. Things didn't exactly get better in between.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:07 pm

No one ever said that the transition would be easy, but you have to take certain steps to get where you need to go and for the French beheading the aristocracy was one of them. As far as I understand it, anyway. History's not exactly my strongest suit.

Noy Telinú wrote:Anyway, why is it that when girls are athletic or boys are cooking does a while birch of people scream homosexual?

Way to take a step bAckwards, world.

Could be character assassination, by bigots. Could be stereotyping, since it hasn't even been a hundred years since the roles of the sexes have begun to grey. Could just be a part of some type of humor because it's a simple (and stupid) conclusion to draw because the times have changed. It could be a lot of things.
Crescent Pulsar
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby LawOhki » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:09 pm

Noy Telinú wrote:I waseating waffles today when I had an epiphany!

The movie Brave has it's princess Merida be thought of as a lesbian to many people just because she doesn't want to get married and is athletic.

To who? Simpletons who can't pay attention to even the simplest plot or character development? Whatever group of like-minded yes men you pal around with?

It then hit me... What if authors think Ranma's gay because he doesn't want to get married to any of the girls and is very good at cooking, cleaning and sewing?

O_O

If this is the case, then for authors, Ranma being locked and ending up with Ryoga must seem ideal for Ranma.

And if that's what they think, then I have some heads to smash. :evil:

Please start with your own.
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby Pale Wolf » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:30 pm

LawOhki, your above post was neither polite, nor constructive. Some rudeness can be ignored - when tempers get high, it can get a bit inevitable. But when there's nothing there but rudeness, that is what we call, in internet parlance, a 'flame'.

In the future, if you don't like a thread's content or direction, please either ignore it, or join in and debate against what you believe to be so wrong.

As long as we're a community, we are to treat each other as human beings. You may not agree with everything said - I certainly don't expect you to. If you disagree, I suggest, as noted above, that you either ignore it, or explain the basis of your disagreement. Differing opinions finding the flaws in one anothers' arguments is the very root of wisdom.

For now, frame this and put it on a wall: You have received your first official warning.
There is no problem that cannot be solved through the proper application of immense levels of firepower.

- Finally promoted to Spammaster Indeterminate Rank as of June 18, by Stratagemini

<Stratagemini> My Titanium Anus Armour will repel all challengers!

Would you believe this is one of the more tame bits of dirt I've got for him?
Pale Wolf
Fukufics Staffer

Previous

Return to Miscellaneous