Could someone make this work in a fic?

Where stuff about fanfiction that doesn't fit into any other category goes. Try to make sure that new topics here actually couldn't actually go somewhere else.

Re: Could someone make this work in a fic?

Postby Vocaloid » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:42 pm

I'm having terrible evil thoughts...What would happen if Ranma met the Doctor, only it was Spongebob and they were onboard an out of control TARDIS?
Know Music, Know Life
No Music, No Life
Vocaloid
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:47 pm

I woke up with a strange one. What if Ranma got Cured but it slowly ended up with Ranma becoming a woman in a mans body?

The sequence would start off Ranma getting the cure doing his dance whatever but then over the next few weeks losing attraction for girls. Given their behavior it can be rationalized as wising up from them treating him like a prize instead of a person. Then around the same time Ranma somehow keeps finding it uncomfortable to be around the guys in the changing room. Even though the curse is gone its like Ranma keeps getting more modest. Maybe even noticing that even for wimps some of the guys look interesting after gym. The key would be subtlety leading up to where even Ranma can't ignore it having dreams about guys "that way" or of being a mother and the biggest problem is feeling like those are the way things should be.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:11 pm

Spokavriel wrote: I woke up with a strange one. What if Ranma got Cured but it slowly ended up with Ranma becoming a woman in a mans body?

The sequence would start off Ranma getting the cure doing his dance whatever but then over the next few weeks losing attraction for girls. Given their behavior it can be rationalized as wising up from them treating him like a prize instead of a person. Then around the same time Ranma somehow keeps finding it uncomfortable to be around the guys in the changing room. Even though the curse is gone its like Ranma keeps getting more modest. Maybe even noticing that even for wimps some of the guys look interesting after gym. The key would be subtlety leading up to where even Ranma can't ignore it having dreams about guys "that way" or of being a mother and the biggest problem is feeling like those are the way things should be.

A "woman in a man's body" is one of the classic descriptions of a male-to-female transsexual. Most of the second paragraph sounds more like a gay man, though "the way things should be" is back to transsexuality.

Becoming a hermit in the wilderness might be a good idea. Moving to the Amazon village might help, assuming the usual fanon reversal of gender roles. In case of desperation, sex-change surgery. But never, never, never Jusenkyo. Those springs messed Ranma up badly enough the first time.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:59 pm

Noy Telinú wrote:... sees how much Akane, Nabiki, Ukyo, Shampoo, Kodachi excreta get to do what they want and get away with everything practically for abuse and whatnot ...

If their excreta gets to do what they want, does it mean they have their shit together? (The many perils of the spellchecker!)
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Spokavriel » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:20 pm

The point of the suggestion is to end up in that Ranko-fic progression after no longer having the female form. And not to a parody extreme. You might note I didn't add in Ranma becoming a fashionista or anything like that.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:35 pm

Who even hinted that there is a magical way for Ranma to become female again?

Edit: Its a Be careful what you wish for concept. Can't be certain what else may come of it.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:32 am

I can't help you with that one. I have my own idea and I'll be writing it myself one of these days. :P
Crescent Pulsar
Crisis Power Senshi

Next

Return to Miscellaneous