Rankofics has moved after going offline.

Where stuff about fanfiction that doesn't fit into any other category goes. Try to make sure that new topics here actually couldn't actually go somewhere else.

Re: Rankofics has moved after going offline.

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:13 pm

jasonjkay wrote:Yay I got permission. Um I supers stuff? I got to admit I've only read your Different Colors fics, and altho I have been on your website I just glanced over it, hangs head in shame.

Anyway I had an idea last night to add an extra page to my site with Authorized downloads, that is fics that are still online that I contact the author about and ask to host as well. Maybe I could add you first, and see who else I can get in touch with. I can promise that I wont alter any stories in any way. This will be completely different to the hosting of dead stories I already do.

Sounds good to me. Use the versions on washuu.net -- I've cleaned them up a bit, and the formatting is better. Go to The Lab, and a world of choices will open to you.

As for the Supers -- I've spent my time in comics fandom too, SF, mystery, and gaming. These other stories are the result.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby jasonjkay » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:22 pm

Ellen Kuhfeld wrote:Sounds good to me. Use the versions on washuu.net -- I've cleaned them up a bit, and the formatting is better. Go to The Lab, and a world of choices will open to you.

As for the Supers -- I've spent my time in comics fandom too, SF, mystery, and gaming. These other stories are the result.

Cool, now I can add a new page to my site making it grow larger. Only problem is that it will be pretty bare for a while untill I can go trough all the stories and find email adresses to authors and start bugging them to let me upload their stories and then wait forever for a response, which when it comes to dead stories is even harder as the authors are harder to find and so I didn't bother.
jasonjkay
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby jasonjkay » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:50 am

wow I just found http://jusenkyo.wikia.com/ for the fist time by accidentally browsing these forums. Man the female ranma section beats my page hands down so I definitely need to link to it. Just checking out a few hundred stories, making sure I have the complete versions stored on my hardrive and reading some I didn't know existed.

Edit: I take back what I said, There are way too many really short 1 chapter stories listed there. I only add those type of stories to my site if I think they are really good so I dont have many, since I like reading longer stories more.
jasonjkay
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby frice2000 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:17 pm

Great to see your archive back. While there are some stories on it that I think are pretty poor, for the most part it's an excellent archive. Thanks for restoring it.
frice2000
Asteroid Senshi

Postby jasonjkay » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:11 am

frice2000 wrote:Great to see your archive back. While there are some stories on it that I think are pretty poor, for the most part it's an excellent archive. Thanks for restoring it.

Well I sort of agree with you there, I have put up some stories that are very short or poorly written, but usually the storyline is good enough that I enjoy it despite it's flaws. What stories are you referring to when you say some are poor? Im not going to argue with you or even defend my choice to place the story onto the site, after all it's a site with all the Ranma-Chan fics I like. I would like some feedback however as I would like others to enjoy the site as well, this means pointing out mistakes, bad stories and suggesting new stories.

jasonjkay wrote:Anyway I had an idea last night to add an extra page to my site with Authorized downloads, that is fics that are still online that I contact the author about and ask to host as well. Maybe I could add you first, and see who else I can get in touch with. I can promise that I wont alter any stories in any way. This will be completely different to the hosting of dead stories I already do.
I just realized how many different authors wrote the stories I list on the site and how long it would take to find each email and mail them, especially when I don't really need to host the stories as they are still online and I'm linking to them. So I'm scrapping this idea and going with another one. I've decided to add a new page for non Ranma-Chan fics in the same style as the other pages, which will list my fave stories. I realized I should have started this page ages ago when reading these types of stories again recently.
jasonjkay
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Previous

Return to Miscellaneous