Amusing plot devices looking for good stories to call home

Where stuff about fanfiction that doesn't fit into any other category goes. Try to make sure that new topics here actually couldn't actually go somewhere else.

Amusing plot devices looking for good stories to call home

Postby Tuisto » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:17 pm

Do you ever have a really good idea for a particular plot device for a fanfiction, but later forget it? I know I forget, you ever forget? I know it's awful!
Worse yet, is thinking up plot devices that you know you can't really incorporate into a story without it being... awkward. But maybe by sharing the ideas can in some way be fitted to a story somewhere.

This all occurred to me the other evening, as I was watching the Ranma1/2 episodes with the Chardin's and "Battle Dining". In particular the iron corset caught my attention. Now when thinking of the various means of keeping Ranma in 'girl-mode', most authors stick to the tried and true of the locking ladle or some other magic. But no, my sick mind had to think of something more twisted, and so as I was watching Ranma wear an iron corset and get splashed with hot water, I had the idea of the Iron Chastity Belt! Most of you probably had at least an understanding of the things if you've never seen one. Just imagine Ranma-chan locked up in a steel chastity belt made tight on her petite feminine body... there's NO WAY Ranma would risk a change back to male while wearing such a device. At least panties could stretch or break, as Ranma can already attest to, but a steel chastity device would have no such respite to it, that's the whole point to it!

So, Iron Chastity Belt = A+ way of keeping Ranma in girl mode without magic.
The downside though to this idea is that I can't think of anyway to use this plot device without the story ending up being a fetish/yuri lemon type story. Not that there's anything necessarily wrong with such stories, it's just that I can't write them.

So there!
Discuss
Obfirmo absentis sententia... Imperium mens...
Tuisto
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Re: Amusing plot devices looking for good stories to call home

Postby LawOhki » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:20 pm

That would work, though why such a thing would be put on Ranma in the first place would be harder to answer.

Now get back to working on Daimakaicho Ranma. :evil:
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:34 pm

Make Nodoka convince Ranko to put it on. After finding out how insane Kuno is in pursuing the girl. Just use a scene where Ranko got hit through the air by Akane and it a wall leaving her unconscious in front of Nodoka with Kuno there. Nodoka will end up protecting the girls virtue with the Saotome honor blade and then insist on her further protection. :twisted: :twisted:

The last couple mornings I was thinking of something. Seeing how the Amazons have been by Jusenkyo for so long and allot of fannon has the curses feel un-natural I was thinking maybe they could have a ritual that would temporarily lock a Nynanichuan curse and allow it to become more natural. But not a permanent lock. And maybe add in the benefit that for some people who learned the lesson Jusenkyo (I know fannon) was teaching them they gain control over the curse.

The ritual on my mind revolved around the menstrual cycle. "Month of Menarché" It would make it so that the person going through the ritual is at least hormonally constantly experiencing PMS it allows the curse side to gain its proper lunar timing and hormone balance so that when forms can be switched again neither side is truly un-natural as far as biorhythms go anymore. And from the hormones it would also make it clear to the curse victim if they are attracted to the same or other gender.
Over all a big learning experience but there are so many ways for that idea to be used the wrong way.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Shanami » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:16 pm

Tuisto... the first thing that came to mind with the iron chastity belt would be a lesbian Kodachi, just as insane as normal type Kodachi (extremely fanon insane, she's more fun like that) who thinks that the black haired pimp (Ranma) is trying to keep her Ranko-sama from her drugs Ranma-chan and places the chastity belt on her to preserve her virtue until she (Dachi) can seduce her.
Senshi of Titania (Uranus III)
Shanami
Prism Power Senshi

Postby ckosacranoid » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:49 pm

Shanami wrote:Tuisto... the first thing that came to mind with the iron chastity belt would be a lesbian Kodachi, just as insane as normal type Kodachi (extremely fanon insane, she's more fun like that) who thinks that the black haired pimp (Ranma) is trying to keep her Ranko-sama from her drugs Ranma-chan and places the chastity belt on her to preserve her virtue until she (Dachi) can seduce her.

why do i see a chech and chong movie out od this one or even wayns world with this idea.....
http://otakuracing.blogspot.com/
my blog for busniess and other things i do.
ckosacranoid
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:01 pm

Its gotta be the drugs.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Comartemis » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:00 pm

Stick Ranma and Genma -- circa the training trip -- in a relatively confined location for a period of time and watch them completely tear the place apart.

I got this idea from Seven Village Stomp, where Ranma and Genma get lost Ryouga-style and wind up in the Elemental Countries of Naruto. They infiltrate Konoha, steal a giant table of food from a Hyuuga wedding, then high-tail it out of there... and accidentally kidnap Naruto and Hinata (who were hiding under the table when they packed it up), provoking the wrath of both the Hyuuga clan and Sarutobi. The rest of the fic so far has consisted of the Saotome duo causing a lot of havoc and having a lot of cool fight scenes (Genma vs Hiashi! FIGHT!).

If I had a mind to write Ranma fanfiction, I'd do this by having R&G wander into Academy City (of To Aru Majutsu no Index and To Aru Kagaku no Railgun fame) and start stirring up trouble. Power users and mages alike would take an interest in superhuman warriors who don't seem to be using either of their power sources, Academy City's police forces would be interested in a pair of unauthorized residents and I can see Ranma really hitting it off with Mikoto once she shows what she's made of.
Currently Watching: Gaiking: Legend of Daiku Maryu
Currently Playing: Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep
Currently Reading: Sora no Otoshimono

KILL the darkfic. BURN the angst. PURGE the Bad End.
Comartemis
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby Tuisto » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:09 pm

This is something I literally just thought up a few minutes ago, it may end up in Daimakaicho Ranma, but after some thought, I doubt it. So here it goes.

= = =
...Soun became enraged at the site of the blond demon backhanding his daughter Nabiki, which caused the short haired girl to stumble and fall onto her derriere as she clutched her reddened stinging face.
Soun then whirled about to face the demoness Mara and he pulled out one of his dreaded techniques that had worked so many times to cower and frighten, his dreaded Demon Head.
. . .
Mara glared at the humans across from her, 'How dare that human brat talk down to me like that!' were the indignant thoughts running through the demoness's head. She then felt a new presence and looked to her left to see what had caused it... and then her breath caught in her throat at the sight.
Those sickly yellow crazed eyes.
That sharp distorted hooked nose.
That long lashing tongue with rows of sharp pointed teeth.
The ghostly pallor of the skin and wild flailing hair.
In Mara's eyes everything came to a screeching halt as a pink haze began to take over, with little thorny flowery garlands at the corners of the sight.
The stunned demoness brought her hands up to cup her breast, 'My heart' she thought feeling her rapidly beating heart, 'I'm so warm'.
She could also feel her cheeks flushing with a severe blush on her pale face. 'What is this feeling, Could this be... love?'

Scenes began to flash before Mara's eyes.
her and the Demon Head in a movie theater.
the Demon Head chasing her down a sandy beach as she laughed madly.
Mara in her black wedding dress next to her new husband the Demon Head as they rushed out of the church of Satan for their waiting "Just Married" limo, as her Maid of Honor Urd laughed and threw rice at the new couple and Belldandy weeping out, "I'll always be the bridesmaid, never the Bride! Wah!"
A tired Mara laying in a hospital bed, the Demon Head husband looking down at their precious little one, all cute and tentacled bundle of joy.
An old and gray Mara sitting on a porch, holding the hand of the Demon Head as they watched their last sunset together...

. . .
Soun let his feared technique drop in confusion as the demoness at first blushed looking embarrassed, then had a far off look to her face and began giggling.
He took a step back, because for some reason he didn't understand, he was suddenly afraid.

= = =

I should probably just make a "garbage heap" onto a server somewhere, where I could just dump all the scenes I think up yet will never ever use.
Tuisto
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:35 pm

It could be fun to see that expanded into its own story. Maybe even getting comedy situations where Mara is trying to make that head technique permanent?
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Comartemis » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:40 pm

Alright, here's an idea:

We know the Senshi get their powers from their previous reincarnations, but what about their present lives? What secrets lie hidden in the heritage of the Tsukino, Mizuno, Hino, Tomoe, and other families?

Could Hotaru, for instance, be a descendant of Rurouni Kenshin's Yukishiro Tomoe? Who exactly were Haruka and Michiru's parents and why are they never around? And what's up with that book of magical tarot cards Ami found in her mom's study?
Currently Watching: Gaiking: Legend of Daiku Maryu
Currently Playing: Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep
Currently Reading: Sora no Otoshimono

KILL the darkfic. BURN the angst. PURGE the Bad End.
Comartemis
Crystal Power Senshi

Tendo, Akane Jusenkyo's Fury

Postby Spokavriel » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:37 am

Here's an idea I woke up with today that I think might be fun if someone could work into a continuation fic Post Failed Wedding.

Although Akane still seems physically unchanged by Jusenkyo after having been drowned to make her own spring, exposed to the energies of both the staves of ascension and bathed in the water of the Dragon Tap.

I propose from all of this she gains a spiritual connection to Jusenkyo's magic. Making it so she can inflict Jusenkyo curses on people. She can also change someone's curse, lock it or combine it with other curses but not cure them.

Just a personal thing because Ranma had as much exposure to all the powers of Jusenkyo as she did and a curse instead of his own spring I think it would be best if Ranma is the only curse victim she can't effect.

But I'd also like it if she'd accidentally curse some people in attacks of her temper such as Soun or the Kuno siblings. Maybe even the Principal, can we say spring of drowned Islander Priest? Nah that might make him worse.

A Possible medium for cursing would be the ability to summon up and throw waters. Hot and cold, usually cursed.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Tuisto » Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:32 am

It's summer and as I was out and about enjoying the "scenery" 8) :wink: I had a thought...
Remember the beach scenes where Ranma-chan has the word "BOY" embroidered onto her one-piece swimsuit?
There should be a scene somewhere where the gang all go to the beach, and Konatsu gets invited along. Konatsu should have his one-piece swimsuit embroidered with "TRAP". :mrgreen: :twisted:

Bonus internet points if you get the reference... :lol:
Tuisto
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:01 am

But Tsubasa was there and refused to get out of the silly disguises. Are you sure it would fit?
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Return to Miscellaneous