Things that turn you off in fan-fiction

Where stuff about fanfiction that doesn't fit into any other category goes. Try to make sure that new topics here actually couldn't actually go somewhere else.

Re: Things that turn you off in fan-fiction

Postby mondu_the_fat » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:56 am

jbm wrote:- lemons which are just over the top

I do enjoy lime and even the occasional lemon, there is nothing wrong with the couple ending up in bed after defeating all the bad guys. But, please, no superhuman lemon action with fluids gushing out of every opening by the gallons. .

Heh. Personally, I like over the top, as long as it is humorous over the top. Krellscholar remains one of my favorite writers.

- too many crossovers in one fic

I do like crossovers. That's why I am here :) But I want the crossover which I was promised when I started reading the fic and not yet another series in every other chapter. I avoid crossovers with series which I am not familiar with, because very often you need to know what it is about to understand why the characters act the way they do. So I really hate it when I start reading a nice Ranma/AMG crossover, and in the 4th chapter, suddenly some characters from an obscure series I never even knew existed show up and have whole chapters for themselves. That's pretty much a bait-and-switch - you do not get what you signed up for.

Yes, I dislike this as well.
"So Igor wasn't kidding. Most people just ensure they won't die cold and alone by making friends...I gain superpowers and have mysterious voices tell me I did a good job. My life is a goddamn mess."
-- Minato Arisato, My Life is a Goddamn Mess
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Previous

Return to Miscellaneous