Crack Pairings, for Fun and Profit!

Where stuff about fanfiction that doesn't fit into any other category goes. Try to make sure that new topics here actually couldn't actually go somewhere else.

Crack Pairings, for Fun and Profit!

Postby Comartemis » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:19 am

Pretty much everyone who's watched a bit of tv or played a few games has a favorite pairing for whatever characters they're into. Sometimes they're pretty cool and reasonable about it, but sometimes they're total douchebags who expect you to believe that their favorite pairing is the ONLY acceptable pairing for those characters (I'm big on Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, and I'm SICK TO DEATH of the Nanoha/Yuuno vs Nanoha/Fate shipping war that's been going on since before forever there).

But then there's people who like to have some fun with their pairings, doing things like sticking two (or more!) people from completely different shows together and seeing what the babies look like, or doing the same thing to people who never even meet in the show they came from. These are Crack Pairings, and they're what this thread is all about. So what's your favorite crack pairing? What totally impossible but awesome, insane, or just plain wrong pairing are you most fond of?

For me, it's Lucy (Elfen Lied) x Kenpachi Zaraki (Bleach). Yeah, think about that one for a second or two. You could make an anime out of their love life, but it'd have to be a Shonen/Hentai fusion because they'd spend all their time alternating between trying to kill each other and having the roughest, hottest make-up sex ever.
Currently Watching: Gaiking: Legend of Daiku Maryu
Currently Playing: Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep
Currently Reading: Sora no Otoshimono

KILL the darkfic. BURN the angst. PURGE the Bad End.
Comartemis
Crystal Power Senshi

Re: Crack Pairings, for Fun and Profit!

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:28 am

It'd be a total calamity to put Tsukino Usagi (Sailor Moon) in the same room as C-ko (Project A-ko). If they were then to pair up, we'd see Galaxia running in terror.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:13 pm

Lina Inverse and Ayasaki Hayate. I don't much care for pairings, and thus don't think of any, but, with a little consideration, these two seemed like an amusing couple. Especially if the relationship started off, of course, with Hayate being indebted to Lina and is thus why he accompanies her as her servant. And Gourry won't be alone in getting dressed up. ;p
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby Pusakuronu » Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:24 pm

Crescent Pulsar R wrote: Especially if the relationship started off, of course, with Hayate being indebted to Lina and is thus why he accompanies her as her servant.

What, it doesn't start with him trying to kidnap her? :D
Pusakuronu
Senshi Candidate

Postby Spokavriel » Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:57 pm

Here's a pairing that I think could prove disastrous.

Seina Yamada, Mihoshi Kurimitsu, Kaola Su, and Radical Edward from Cowboy Bebop. All getting effected by Seina's Luck.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Nekomata-sensei » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:53 pm

:shock:

Well... what about Midna (Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess) X Xellos (Slayers)?

Or perhaps Sakaki (Azumanga Daioh) X Toltiir (Ranma Bet Fics)?

How about Asuna (Mahou Sensei Negima!) X Toma (To Aru Majutsu no Index)? Could this be the end of all magic?
"Health, Learning & Virtue will ensure your happiness; they will give you a quiet conscience, private esteem & public honor." Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)
Nekomata-sensei
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Quickshot0 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:12 pm

Asuna x Toma actually potentially scares me, that could end badly. :D
Quickshot0
Moon Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:34 pm

Pusakuronu wrote:What, it doesn't start with him trying to kidnap her? :D

Possibly. But I couldn't think that far since they're from two different universes. XD

Also: Suzumiya Haruhi and Takino Tomo. The world as we know it would be doomed.
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby Not-Going-to-Tell » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:00 pm

Rozen (Rozen Maiden) x Evangeline (Negima). Dollmasters to the n'th degree, what sort of super, unholy doll would they create together?
There are times for magic, there are time for martial arts, and there are times for giant Tiger-Dragon Robots that have both.
Beware the Otaku. He commands a mech that can unleash 123632 gigatons. Thats the equivalent of shooting Chicago, and knocking down ever building from Colorado to Maine.
Not-Going-to-Tell
Senshi Cadet

Postby Siden » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:59 pm

Hmm... Sam Fisher (Splinter Cell) and Motoko Kusanagi (Ghost in the Shell) working together?
A Ryo Saeba (City Hunter) and Natsume Tsujimoto (Your Under Arrest) team up?
Bah, I'm no good at this.

Spokavriel wrote: Here's a pairing that I think could prove disastrous.
Seina Yamada, Mihoshi Kurimitsu, Kaola Su, and Radical Edward from Cowboy Bebop. All getting effected by Seina's Luck.

Well, I think we can say goodbye to that reality.
Employed by Lady Bliss.
True Neutral, "Pure Neutral", "Balancer"
Spamville Dossier
Siden
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:08 pm

The reality might be gone but I think the skills shown in the girls in that match make a more balanced team than what ended up being the Harem in GxP
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Atlan » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:10 am

Dub Sailor Moon Lita (Makoto, aka Sailor Jupiter) x X-men Evolution Blob (Freddy Dukes)

This was inspired by watching an episode of the Sailor Moon dub where Lita (Makoto) always pines for her old boyfriend- named Freddy.
The Banana, the Atheist's Nightmare:

God made it with a non-slip surface, a color coded system so we know when to eat it, and an easy open tab at the top of the banana. It's just the right shape for a mouth and is easy to digest!!
Atlan
Asteroid Senshi

Postby CRBWildcat » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:25 am

I seem to recall reading a fic somewhere that paired Makoto (Sailor Moon) with Majin Buu (DBZ).

What can I say about this that isn't already implied? :lol:
Senshi of Zeta Aquilae
Spammer Rank C --- from Himitsu, 10-25-07. "Holy @!#%!, she made Zelas cry."
SpamLady Supreme --- from Colonel Caprice, 8-16-2017
Song of the week. Updated Sundays/Mondays.
CRBWildcat
Super Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:25 am

How about this scenario.

After Ranma is happily wed, (I don't care to whom) Nodoka finds she missed out and wants to do more match making. She then meets up with Oni-hime Kamiki Seto Jurai, visiting earth and out shopping with the girls from Tenchi's home. They quickly become friends finding similar goals and interests in meddling with others relationships.

But I can't help but think it might also be fun to get Hild involved to make sure work or fail all the potential relationships at least are forced to begin.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Shanami » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:11 pm

I think potentially the scariest pairing in all of history would be some combination of the following:
Gourry (Slayers) x Mihoshi (TM) x Minako (SM) as the sheer ditzyness signals the beginning of the apocalypse. I think Colette from Tales of Symphonia might make the ditzy pairing list as well, but I can't honestly see her with anyone but Lloyd.

Oooo, on the subject of pairings to destroy the universe: Naga x Kodachi Kuno x Urd because the combined power of the laugh would short circuit the Yggdrassil entirely.

I'm personally a fan of the idea of Lina Inverse x Ranma(-chan), because of the twin-factor and the sheer destructiveness of the pair. Almost as ridiculous as that would be a Lina/Hotaru pairing, but it's more fun to have a non-mage in the group.

I once read a Quistis (FF8)/Ranma pairing, and I think that has some potential, and the universes could even blend nicely.

My other favorite unreasonable pairing for the Ranma-verse is Ranma/Ranma-chan with anyone overly amorous, especially pairings involving the La Blue Girl universe. Ranma is so anti-pervert that the idea of putting him together with a sex-craft practitioner (or anyone else with a monstrous libido, like Morrigan from Darkstalkers) is just really amusing.

I'd love to see a fic pairing someone like Dante (DMC) and Evangeline or Ceras Victoria together, that'd make for something interesting and intrinsically violent.

And finally, Lillet Blan (Grim Grimoire, yay obscure PS2 games) and a hominid Amaterasu from Okami (or AMG I suppose if you assume her presence in that universe) for the ridiculously overpowered, immortal runic mages factor. Plus, both games are freaking amazing.

Dear god, the idea of Sakaki and Toltiir is brilliant, even if not a relationship, just putting those two in the same room would be really really amusing. I hope someone chooses to write that someday, even if it wasn't well done, I'd read it.
Senshi of Titania (Uranus III)
Shanami
Prism Power Senshi

Next

Return to Miscellaneous