Gaijin's Realm officially closed

Where stuff about fanfiction that doesn't fit into any other category goes. Try to make sure that new topics here actually couldn't actually go somewhere else.

Gaijin's Realm officially closed

Postby Drawde » Thu May 28, 2009 3:26 pm

Looks like Gaijin's Realm (http://gaijinsrealm.com/) is officially closed again. And he doesn't want his fics archived.

Too bad. Although I'd pretty much figured this was the case, I was hoping for at least an outline or such of "Relatively Absent". At least he stated it's down, instead of simply ignoring the site.
Unless I say otherwise, if I'm discussing Ranma canon, I'm talking about the MANGA.
Drawde
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Re: Gaijin's Realm officially closed

Postby PCHeintz72 » Thu May 28, 2009 4:08 pm

Major bummer...
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Sunshine Temple » Sat May 30, 2009 11:22 pm

That's unfortunate. But to be expected given the time lapse and his concentration on original works.

The lack of permanence is a major issue on the internet.

And many of the older stories will fall by the wayside as their hosting is left to lapse.

Such is life.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby ranmas » Sun May 31, 2009 12:40 am

Well that does suck. I never got around to saving the html versions to my hard drive. All I have is what was put out on the FFML. Even with that I'm missing chapters 6, 9, 10, 11.

Anyone have the html versions that I could get?
ranmas
Senshi Cadet

Postby Sky » Sun May 31, 2009 8:11 pm

Damn.

I'm also missing my copy of Relatively Absent - I'd really appreciate it if someone could send me their copy.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."
-- Martin Luther King, Jr.
Sky
Senshi Cadet

Postby Spokavriel » Sun May 31, 2009 8:17 pm

If you head to the IRC chat. ((If you don't know where it is irc.lunarnet.org and channel #Fukufics )) I was given my copy there but since I picked up a virus this morning from another site I suggest going there and asking about it from someone who is more likely to have a completely clean system.

Edit: I'm pretty sure the archive is only for Relatively Absent.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Sun May 31, 2009 9:29 pm

Hmmm... For the Relatively Absent sidestories... Does anyone know if SS#1 Dust was ever actually completed? I know SS#2 was, as I have it. But SS#1 was delayed for a long time.

Keep in mind the SS's were done with approval, but by other authors, not Togashi himself.

I did find reference on th FFML to 4 pages being done and posted to the old sfcmd site before it was truly complete.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Xsplora » Sun May 31, 2009 11:49 pm

The copy of dust by Kenjiro Cross that WarGiver kindly gave me is about 6 pages long and ended with Cologne talking / thinking to herself about the catch 22 situation that she found herself in with Ranma in relation to him refusing return with her and the laws saying she should bring him back. the final line is : to be continued

Is that helpful?
Xsplora
Senshi Candidate

Postby Atlan » Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:33 pm

Does anyone know where I can find a copy of 'Relatively Absent'? I wanna re-read it, but my google-fu is weak.
The Banana, the Atheist's Nightmare:

God made it with a non-slip surface, a color coded system so we know when to eat it, and an easy open tab at the top of the banana. It's just the right shape for a mouth and is easy to digest!!
Atlan
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Tornado Ninja Fan » Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:27 pm

Atlan wrote:Does anyone know where I can find a copy of 'Relatively Absent'? I wanna re-read it, but my google-fu is weak.

I can send you one, just PM me your e-mail.
Tornado Ninja Fan
Senshi Cadet

Postby Comartemis » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:04 pm

I've got one as well if anyone's interested.
Currently Watching: Gaiking: Legend of Daiku Maryu
Currently Playing: Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep
Currently Reading: Sora no Otoshimono

KILL the darkfic. BURN the angst. PURGE the Bad End.
Comartemis
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby Sky » Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:10 pm

I'm still interested. PM the email?
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."
-- Martin Luther King, Jr.
Sky
Senshi Cadet

Postby StarEyed » Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:41 am

I'd be interested in getting a copy myself. That fic is brilliant - pity it's incomplete.
StarEyed
Senshi Cadet

Return to Miscellaneous