Putting a story on hiatus

Where stuff about fanfiction that doesn't fit into any other category goes. Try to make sure that new topics here actually couldn't actually go somewhere else.

Have you ever abandoned a story?

Yes, it's still incomplete
33%
Yes, it's still incomplete
33%
Yes, I handed it off to someone else (or at least tried to)
No votes
Yes, I handed it off to someone else (or at least tried to)
No votes
Maybe, there's a story I haven't updated in a while
13%
Maybe, there's a story I haven't updated in a while
13%
No, I finish what I start
3%
No, I finish what I start
3%

Total votes : 30

Re: Putting a story on hiatus

Postby Spokavriel » Mon May 25, 2009 8:51 pm

Hope IRL gives you time to go through those scenes. You might have the way to the end already but can't remember it between all the lose ideas that you have to get back to some day.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Re: Putting a story on hiatus

Postby PCHeintz72 » Mon May 25, 2009 10:22 pm

Well... I actually agree with the obvious... don't worry about it no matter what fans would state to you, and move on with what you can, who knows, inspiration may yet still strike.

I can for myself though state in this case I'm not really put out about the ones we will not see updates for. The fact is that Loss Hope and Redemption, the original story, is complete, the fact the rewrite is not is a downer, but we still have the original. I'm no fan of you're non-Ranma stories, though not on any fault by you. And I've been following both the other active Ranma crossovers and look forward to whatever updates I get from either.

Keep in mind, it is not like you are not writing. While it is sporadic, you have at points released chapters within hourse of each other.

In short, even if you think you are letting us down, keep up the good work.

And before anyone thinks that advice is merely as I am unconcerned, I gave pretty much the same advice a while back to Usagi-Hasano (though not in so many words), and it was on the only story of his I read and truely enjoyed which was his Ranma/Kim Possible crossover. Another case of not due to any fault in his other stories, just lack of interest on my part.

As for deletion... as a reader, I've seen it far too often and it can be a pain, and generally I'm against it in any story where there was a genuine effort put into it and especially if it has fans whom would want an update. Even if the author thinks it bad, may not mean the readers think so.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Previous

Return to Miscellaneous