Fanfic Summaries That Make You Go 'Huh?'

Where stuff about fanfiction that doesn't fit into any other category goes. Try to make sure that new topics here actually couldn't actually go somewhere else.

Postby Scooter » Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:39 am

Painful Pasts and New Beginnings
Painful Pasts and New Beginnings » by Shlandria
This is a Raanma1/2, Naruto crossover. Ranma goes to Naruto's world and takes him in and gives him a big family, he also has control of the Neko-ken.
Oh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.

— Groucho Marx
Scooter
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Tuisto » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:48 pm

the awsomist helsing sotry evir p2 by franny-o reviews
luk at the tittle, ritard.
Fiction Rated: T - English - Humor/Drama - Chapters: 1 - Words: 407 - Reviews: 3 - Updated: 1-28-08 - Published: 1-28-08

While most Hellsing fanfics are just beyond awful, this one takes the cake. I even reported it for abuse of the english language. Don't read it.
edit: The author was apparently even banned from deviantart... I didn't know that was even possible! :shock:
Obfirmo absentis sententia... Imperium mens...
Tuisto
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Scooter » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:13 pm

i wanna be a rapper? by kewlakane reviews
ranma is a famous rapper who is loved by many. Akane is just a normal teenage girl who decides to hate rap all together when she meets "arrogant" ranma. what does he do to change her mind?what feeling will change as well? ranmaxakane! not complete.
Fiction Rated: T - English - Humor/Romance - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,790 - Reviews: 5 - Updated: 3-18-08 - Published: 3-18-08
I think 3 out of 5 reviewers agree that this fic makes one go "what was he/she smoking when they decided to write this?"
Oh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.

— Groucho Marx
Scooter
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby TerraEpon » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:45 pm

I saw it this morning.

It's gone already.

-Joshua
TerraEpon
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:49 am

THE HORROR! THE HORROR! I checked out the first chapter. Horrible grammar; horrible spelling; Kisame's a pervert; the story makes no sense at all.

The Red Clouds Slave » by what the vell reviews
Naruto wake up in the middle of nowhere with no memory of who she is. Force to become the Akatuski slave. Naruto must tried to keep her sanity from horny red clouds. Can she do it? Fem!Naruto.
Fiction Rated: M - English - Romance/Humor - Chapters: 10 - Words: 26,501 - Reviews: 77 - Updated: 3-19-08 - Published: 5-28-07
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Scooter » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:10 pm

Carpy Deum by YoyYoy
A rewrite of the chapters: Carp Of Misery, Carpy Deum, and Quit Carping. Yaoi, yuri, heterosexual shit RyoxRan This is how I see things should've happened, and it's nearly implied so it's not too OOC. Lemon in later chapters!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

— Groucho Marx
Scooter
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby KonokoHasano » Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:05 am

She's the Man by SilentSnow8062
Ryouga wants Akane who likes Ranma who is really Ranko whose brother is dating Kodachi so she hates Akane who’s with Ryouga to make Ranma jealous who is really Ranko who’s crushing on Ryouga who thinks she’s a guy……

The summary... it hurts my brain. :(
Usagi-Hasano on Fanfiction.net
Senshi of Metis (Jupiter XVI)
Spamville character bio
KonokoHasano
Super Power Senshi

Postby Not-Going-to-Tell » Sat May 24, 2008 3:16 pm

This is not a "huh", It's an "oh, that works" or "doin it right"
Overkill by Aleh
When a goddess offered to grant him his heart's desire, eight-year-old Uzumaki Naruto wished for friends. He got them... starting with a girl named Takamachi Nanoha. Unfortunately, the gods don't quite understand the meaning of the word "restraint".
There are times for magic, there are time for martial arts, and there are times for giant Tiger-Dragon Robots that have both.
Beware the Otaku. He commands a mech that can unleash 123632 gigatons. Thats the equivalent of shooting Chicago, and knocking down ever building from Colorado to Maine.
Not-Going-to-Tell
Senshi Cadet

Postby dogbertcarroll » Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:33 pm

The problem isn't finding summaries that make you go 'huh', the problem is finding ones that actually make you want to read the story. I look at 99% of the crap out there and want to preform the 'Nut Punch Father Time' maneuver.

http://www.superstupor.com/sust05052008.shtml
--------------------
I was given the choice between sanity and creativity.

I chose waffles.

-dogbertcarroll

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/284419/
http://addventure.bast-enterprises.de/a ... rroll.html
dogbertcarroll
Senshi Cadet

Postby Atlan » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:15 pm

From the fic 'Cultural Learnings of American Vampire Hunters'

Please, you come see my storyfic. If it not success, I will be execute.

http://www.tthfanfic.com/Story-10791/Jo ... unters.htm

It's a Borat/Buffy crossover, so the shitty grammer is actually intentional.
The Banana, the Atheist's Nightmare:

God made it with a non-slip surface, a color coded system so we know when to eat it, and an easy open tab at the top of the banana. It's just the right shape for a mouth and is easy to digest!!
Atlan
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Scooter » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:15 pm

From An Interviening Strategy by Rosethorn Li
Ryouga/Ranma/Akane; Ryouga is confused, Akane has a plan, and Ranma has a little help getting what he wants. Post Chapters 243 Carpe Deum and 244 Quit Carping! Prompt: Ryouga/Ranma /Akane : Waking up gay /bi --"It's the curse!

All I have have to say is: WTF?! Seriously, WTF?!

— Groucho Marx
Scooter
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:45 pm

So their gender preferences switched?
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:56 pm

I read it - it wasn't good, but nowhere as bad as the summary. And it even had canonical referents.

I'd say some people need professional summarizers. But then I read the back covers of paperback books, and realize lots of the pros cannot do it, either.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Re: Fanfic Summaries That Make You Go 'Huh?'

Postby Neko- » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:05 pm

Just the title is enough to make you curious: Fan Fiction Friday: Goku and Anne Frank in "Until the End of Time"

Yes, this one's crossing over Dragon Ball Z and Anne Frank. Yes, you read that correctly. This piece is BAD (note the capitals). For those interested in it (if you can stand to read a short 5 minute story with a bad plot, some idiotic developments and you don't mind killing a few of you braincells) or it's comments: you have been warned. It's bad, it's potentially in bad taste, and I had nothing to do with it: http://www.toplessrobot.com/2008/12/fan ... ntil_t.php

The comments contain some funny bits ;)
Appointed Spammaster Rank D by Himitsu - June 21st 2006
Appointed Spammaster Rank C by Himitsu - September 2nd 2006
Prince of Bob (the Black Hole)
I reject your reality and substitute my own - Adam Savage
Neko-
Crisis Power Senshi

Re: Fanfic Summaries That Make You Go 'Huh?'

Postby talonhunter » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:15 pm

OK Neko~...that was just wrong on so many levels, It almost feels like you were trolling the north atalntic for that one...how do you find the ones that make me say' It cant be that bad,...can it"
Who needs the light when the shadows are so much more...Playful

Senshi of Dione (Saturn IV)

=^*^=
Come see some of the crew here
talonhunter
Prism Power Senshi

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous