Fanfic Summaries That Make You Go 'Huh?'

Where stuff about fanfiction that doesn't fit into any other category goes. Try to make sure that new topics here actually couldn't actually go somewhere else.

Fanfic Summaries That Make You Go 'Huh?'

Postby KonokoHasano » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:57 am

I believe that we have all come across it before. You are browsing through a list of fanfiction, and then you come to a little gem that causes you to scratch your head in confusion as to just why it came about. I was thinking that this could be a place to post the summaries of those head-scratchers that you come across.

This is actually the one that convinced me to create the thread. I found it in the Ranma section of Fanfiction.net, and it really caused me to go 'huh?'

The story is called Ranma's Pregnancy by MarioDS01
Ranma is 18 and is curious of having sex as a woman. So Ranma in her female form sleeps with Ryouga for one night to experience it. She ends up Pregnant. RankoxRyouga
Fiction Rated: T - English - Drama/Romance - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,078 - Reviews: 0 - Updated: 11-3-07 - Published: 11-3-07
Last edited by KonokoHasano on Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Usagi-Hasano on Fanfiction.net
Senshi of Metis (Jupiter XVI)
Spamville character bio
KonokoHasano
Super Power Senshi

Postby Metroidvania » Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:28 am

When including a story, I think you need a link to said story.

Judging from the summary, I really don't want to do this, but...

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3872609/1/Ranmas_Pregnancy
Princess of Hyperion
Spammaster Rank A
Appointed "Universal Translator" by Cyber_Skaarj on July 22, 2006
Metroidvania
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby lwf58 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:12 am

Title, link, and author. Those are the three things needed when mentioning a story.
lwf58
Site Master

Postby KonokoHasano » Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:24 am

Apologies for that. I knew there was something that I forgot, and it was nagging me as I was turning in for the night.
Spamville character bio
KonokoHasano
Super Power Senshi

Postby Kimina » Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:37 am

I see crap-fics a lot lately in the Ranma section, and I'm getting sad. What happened to the good ol' days where quality fics were bountiful and fun to read? Now it's just piles of crap written by bad authors and yaoi fangirls, the latter of which have no right to even exist. You're lucky to find even one good fic every few days.
Pain is an Illusion of the senses.
Despair is an illusion of the mind.
Kindness is wasted on the weak.
Kimina
Senshi Cadet

Postby TerraEpon » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:13 pm

I honestly don't see anything 'huh?' worthy about it. It's as straightforward as it gets, really.

-Joshua
TerraEpon
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Scooter » Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:26 pm

I've noticed that too. Sadly, it seems quite a few are burning out/have burned out from writing. And I'm no exception to that statement. After all, it took me how long to post chapter 18 of Soldier, Sailor, Jedi, Sith? And I have yet to post Chapter 3 of Phoenix: The Next Generation.

It also seems that basic grammar rules are being ignored, like in Kasumi's Tears Revised, by Tinleaf. 12 reviews, and most of them basically say "find a pre-reader or learn your grammar rules".

Kind of makes one wonder what exactly is being taught in high school English classes nowadays.
Oh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.

— Groucho Marx
Scooter
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby lwf58 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:04 pm

We seem to be missing the point of this thread.

The idea here is to list the summaries of fan fiction that just makes you shake your head and wonder what the author was smoking, drinking, or dropping when writing the story.

It's not the summary itself that is the topic - it's fiction that makes you go "eww!" or "oh, heck no!"

The example is a story in which Ranma voluntarily has sex in his female form with Ryouga, and ends up pregnant. Definitely a story idea that made me go "eww!"

This topic is not for bemoaning the sad state of fan fiction today (I've been around since the very early days, when fan fiction was mimeographed in APAs, and can tell you that people have been doing that since day one). It's for sharing the summaries of the ones that grabbed you by the collar, dragged you into a dark alley, and mugged your sensibilities.
Last edited by lwf58 on Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lwf58
Site Master

Postby Kimina » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:58 pm

True, I did manage to digress from it, though if you think about it, it does branch off from the topic. I think. Either way Usagi won't mind.
Kimina
Senshi Cadet

Postby TerraEpon » Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:45 pm

lwf58 wrote:
The example is a story in which Ranma voluntarily has sex in his female form with Ryouga, and ends up pregnant. Definitely a story idea that made me go "eww!"

omg gay iz wrong gimmE da lesbianz do!

I mean, that's different, though even stories like that have been around forever. And I can certainly see a very enjoyable, to me, story written off that premise. But that's me.

The ones that make ME go WTF are like "Ranma is a bad student. Akane is the new girl, who is forced to tutor him!"
(WHich means, probably no curse, no fiancees, possibly no Tendo sisters, etc....)

-Joshua
TerraEpon
Asteroid Senshi

Postby KonokoHasano » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:52 pm

ImageThe basic premise of this thread was to do summaries that just sounded odd, or makes it sound like they pulled the idea out of somewhere. I probably can't describe it very well, but the one I posted made me think 'Well that certainly sounds odd'. It has nothing to do with 'eww' or how good the story is. More or less, it was supposed to be an entertaining thread that depicts summaries that sound a little odd.

I knew I'd somehow mess-up in the creation of this thread. Would it be possible to just let this thread die.
Spamville character bio
KonokoHasano
Super Power Senshi

Postby Ninsaneja » Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:02 am

Mystic Elements » by PurpleLicious64
Sakura and Tenten were seperated at the age of 5 for unknown reasons. 10 yrs later they see each other again.But what happens when they fall in love with the 2 heart throbs of the school? and wait...they have powers? Please R&R
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3873411/1/Mystic_Elements

Unfortunately, every other fic in the Naruto section is this same fic.
"For a good time, call Molimo"
- Inscribed on a bathroom stall door in Yavimaya.
Ninsaneja
Senshi Cadet

Postby Dumbledork » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:26 am

Here's one I found while browsing the Harry Potter section at ff.net

Unexpected Changes » by theonlyslytheriniceprincess reviews
Blaise Zabini writes to Harry Potter over part of the summer. Harry goes to stay with Blaise in his mansion. They're both gay. Will they get togeter? Read to find out.
Fiction Rated: T - English - Angst/General - Chapters: 6 - Words: 11,232 - Reviews: 10 - Updated: 10-25-07 - Published: 7-6-07

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3639479/1/U ... ed_Changes

The astonishing fact is the low number of reviews. Generally yaoi fics get hundred of reviews. Oh well, haven't read it and obviously won't read it... EVER!
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Kimina » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:59 am

TerraEpon wrote:omg gay iz wrong gimmE da lesbianz do!

I mean, that's different, though even stories like that have been around forever. And I can certainly see a very enjoyable, to me, story written off that premise. But that's me.

The ones that make ME go WTF are like "Ranma is a bad student. Akane is the new girl, who is forced to tutor him!"
(WHich means, probably no curse, no fiancees, possibly no Tendo sisters, etc....)

The problem with it is that Ranma's base character is he hates being a girl, though it is possible for him to change his mind about accepting his cursed form. However, that does not mean that Ranma would willingly have sex with a guy, especially when he's expressed disdain for any type of intimate male interaction with his girl form in the past.
Kimina
Senshi Cadet

Postby Scooter » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:18 pm

Here's another that makes one go "Huh?"

Amazon Madness, by MiyukiWolfire:
Cologne comes up with a lipstick to make Ranma fall in love with Shampoo. But when Ranma finds it and accidentally kisses Ryoga . . . . chaos insues. Full summary inside.
Fiction Rated: T - English - Humor/Romance - Chapters: 9 - Words: 10,155 - Reviews: 32 - Updated: 11-4-07 - Published: 10-22-07
Oh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.

— Groucho Marx
Scooter
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Next

Return to Miscellaneous