Story Challanges!

Where stuff about fanfiction that doesn't fit into any other category goes. Try to make sure that new topics here actually couldn't actually go somewhere else.

Story Challanges!

Postby lcpoketoon » Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:32 pm

Starting a Topic where we can post story challages for the writers here. If you like a post a Challage just remember to number it. an to start us off here is...

Challage Number One!

Ranma Saotome Agent of the RRO.

The Challage is to do a story based on Ranma who is working for the Rivial Relif Office in Asguard. This Ranma is from the end of the manga an due to finding a cursed rune of timelessness he is now unageing. Ranma is offered the job as they need someone who can handle odd things and work with immortals. Ranma has the same luck as most RRO Agents when it comes to their missions and nothing seeming to go right. More zany curses and adventures in other universes and even chaseing down a certain cat god of chaos with a mallet.

Extra Points for:
Ranma getting to control a Gundam to chase his father in.
Ranma haveing to do a mission in his girl form that doesn't involve the Senshi.
Ranma Haveing to do a mission as a guy that does involve the Senshi.
Ranma being deaged for a mission.
Ranma meeting the Goddesses Nabiki and Kasumi.

There it is the first challange heres hopeing to see someone take it up an other to post their own challange.
::LCpoketoon ducking under a car as things are being blown to hell around him::
LC> An you see Kids this is why you don't give rocket lauchers to catgirls.
[img=http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/489/1177093364737anonibjw5.th.jpg]
lcpoketoon
Senshi Cadet

Postby Rei-chan » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:21 pm

If I had more time, I would be willing to take that one but sadly I'm a bit busy right now. Before I put up my challenge, am I right in assuming this is for a fanfic of any sort, not just Ranma?
Princess of Charon
Appointed Spammer Rank C By Himitsu September 25, 2006.
I ain't got to explain it. I'm living magic, remember?
Rei-chan
Super Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:42 pm

The first time I took up a challenge like that was back in the Sixties. Among other things, I had to make God push a peanut up Niagara Falls with his nose. It turned out to be a fraternity initiation ritual into the God Squad. There were also rampaging unicorns, the menace of Luthorfur, scientists eating ham sandwiches on Friday, and to top it off, a giant flaming meteor made of Ragnarock that squished them all.

No, the real challenge is finishing up my own stories.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Rei-chan » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:08 pm

How true and also how potentially interesting. Any chance someone could read that story there Ellen? I like a good story were everyone suddenly goes squish under flaming space rock.
Princess of Charon
Rei-chan
Super Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:55 pm

The trouble with the story is that it was done as a comic. I have it scanned in, at fairly high resolution, but it adds up to maybe 30 MB. I suppose I could put it up on washuu.net for people to download?
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:46 pm

Shrank it down to 6.33 MB.
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby lcpoketoon » Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:17 pm

Rei-chan wrote:If I had more time, I would be willing to take that one but sadly I'm a bit busy right now. Before I put up my challenge, am I right in assuming this is for a fanfic of any sort, not just Ranma?

That's right. I just used a Ranma one as the first challenge.
lcpoketoon
Senshi Cadet

Postby Rei-chan » Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:45 am

Not to tell you what to do with your site Ellen, but it might be interesting for your visitors to be able to see the comics that I recall you mentioning somewhere on your bio page or at some point on your site.

Back on topic, sorry about going off, I have a challenge then.

Write a character in Naruto travels through time fic where any two of the following are true.

1. Leave out the Wave Arc.
2. Keep Haku male if you do the Wave Arc.
3. Not have it be Naruto that time travels.

Bonus points.
1. Have the time traveler be a repentant Orochimaru. (Heh, try working that one.)
2. Put in a crossover that works without it taking center stage.

Greatest Points.
1. Cross it with Disgaea just for kicks, I would expect this to be a crack or spam fic if that was the case though.
Princess of Charon
Rei-chan
Super Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:01 am

Rei-chan wrote:Not to tell you what to do with your site Ellen, but it might be interesting for your visitors to be able to see the comics that I recall you mentioning somewhere on your bio page or at some point on your site.

That's part a navigation problem, part a priorities problem, and part an aesthetic judgement. In reverse order:

Aesthetic - a lot of this stuff is pretty old, and not all that good. You do not want to see the Captain Democracy strip, probably not the Doctor Weird strip, and the editorial cartoons (though good work) are from the world of the Sixties.

Priorities - mainly working on text stories these days. After I get Different Colors finished, going to be working on history of electricity. And I really should get more of my how-to articles up.

Navigation - I do have comics and comic art up. Go to how-to, and you'll find comic-format illustrated instructions for making things. Go to fiction, and you'll find comic scripts, and Icarus Has A Really Bad Week. Go to Supers and you'll find quite a few illustrations, though no complete stories. What I need to do is make it easier for you to find, and go to, these places. Maybe I should drop the "Washuu's Magic Door" metaphor for navigation, and simply use frames.

Are you making this some sort of challenge?
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Rei-chan » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 am

Nah, I just wanted to see some of your comics in all honesty but apparently didn't look on your site hard enough. I personally like the doors, wouldn't be Washuu's lab without them I would think.

Third Writing Challenge

Write a story about xxxHolic where in Watanuki manages to take care of a wish that Yuko has through some mundane means. Try also to cross Ranma or some other non-Clamp anime into the mix such as Saior Moon and the girls think Yuko is evil.

Bonus Points
1. Finding a way not to make the story seem more overtly yaoi than it already is.
2. Going beyond the end of the anime and into the manga's story.
3. Managing to include a bit of Tsubasa even if only in a conversation scene.
Princess of Charon
Rei-chan
Super Power Senshi

Postby Southern Cross » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:34 am

O.K.,here's a challenge-
Try to write Akane Tendo as per the manga,not like a deranged psycho.
"We're all part monsters in our subconscious-That's why we have laws and religion!" -Captain J.J. Adams
Southern Cross
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby lcpoketoon » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:15 pm

Okay here a New Challage for you all!

Setting the Naruto-verse
Timeframe 5 years after the sealing of the 9-tailed fox.
place is the village hidden in the Leaves.

due to a lab mistake caused by Mihoshi Wahsu finds herself in the naruto universe an cut off from her lab. She also finds she stuck in her adult form as she makes her way to a near by village. while inthe village she comes across some drunks attackign a little boy with blonde hair an whisker marks on his cheeks. Well she saves him an puts the fear of her into them an then she gets to meet the Hokage who explains things to her an well we know Washsu is with small kids so she adopts him on the spot.

So the challage is to do a story where Naruto is rasied by Wahsu an he still wants to become a ninja but also a inventor like his mama.

Extra Points Awarded for
Bringing in a Kagato who under the same limts as Wahsu.
Mihoshi turning up in Wahsu's new lab but disappearing before Wahsu can get her to help find a way home or link up with her main lab.
Wahsu and Tsunade becoming friends and drinking buddies.
lcpoketoon
Senshi Cadet

Postby EdenB » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:30 pm

Challenge:

A Redo fic with Ranma being the one to reawaken as his younger self with all or some of his older selfs memories.

Limitations:

No Ranma/Akane pairing as all the few I've seen appear to have that.
Try to avoid over the top the Akane violence or the somehow completely not violent anymore Akane.

Bonus:

Sailor Moon Crossover and pairing is a bonus.
None stereotypical pairing is a bonus.
EdenB
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:08 pm

I think the worst non-stereotypical Ranma pairing was where he ended up married to Cologne. The second-worst was where Genma got the Spring of Young Girl, and ended up marrying Soun to join the schools. (There was an extremely grossed-out panda in the congregation.)
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby lcpoketoon » Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:49 pm

hey another challage that's two in one day.

Setting Naruto-verse
Place the Village hidden in the Leaves.
Main Focus on Hinata

This challange is set during the time skip. while on a Mission with Team 8 Hinata finds a small box an inside is a bracelet that the moment she touches it it bonds to her. She is the latest in a very long line of girls to gain the Witchblade. Due to the Witchblades habit of ripping up any clothes she got on when she uses it Hinata gets let modest about her body.

This is mainly somethign I thought would be a lot of fun to read but I don't know enough about the Witchblade to write myself so i'm putting it out as a challage.

Extra Points:
Naruto gettign a nose bleed an passing out the first time he sees Hinata in her Witchblade armor.
lcpoketoon
Senshi Cadet

Next

Return to Miscellaneous