crossover idea twists

Where stuff about fanfiction that doesn't fit into any other category goes. Try to make sure that new topics here actually couldn't actually go somewhere else.

Postby Metroidvania » Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:40 am

Hmm...Nodoka would be interesting, but I have several other prospects if I were to do such a cross.
Strata, those are some very interesting ideas...it'd be cool to see at least one of them come at into idea status.
Ranma as Kyoshiro from SDK has possiblities...what with both his "don't kill" combined with fighting against Kyo, who knows how his vows could get twisted....
Plus, seeing _him_ as a contrast to Kyo would be interesting...
Princess of Hyperion
Spammaster Rank A
Appointed "Universal Translator" by Cyber_Skaarj on July 22, 2006
Metroidvania
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Pale Wolf » Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:51 am

*points to the fact that one of the girls is actually from a Saotome clan* You could easily make her related to Ranma in some way.

Bah. So easy, it's not even worth a story. The fun part is in scrounging up connections nobody would ever consider.
Hmm...Nodoka would be interesting, but I have several other prospects if I were to do such a cross.

Permit me my sudden shuddering image of Ranma as Evangeline.
There is no problem that cannot be solved through the proper application of immense levels of firepower.

- Finally promoted to Spammaster Indeterminate Rank as of June 18, by Stratagemini

<Stratagemini> My Titanium Anus Armour will repel all challengers!

Would you believe this is one of the more tame bits of dirt I've got for him?
Pale Wolf
Fukufics Staffer

Postby Metroidvania » Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:32 am

Bah. So easy, it's not even worth a story. The fun part is in scrounging up connections nobody would ever consider.

Yep, that's what I find most interesting about research....finding the similarities, and how to exploit them in ways someone else hasn't thought of yet.
But that's enough about that for the moment.
Permit me my sudden shuddering image of Ranma as Evangeline.

Heh.....She's one of the options I have in reserve.
And for an interesting little funky idea, let Ranma be the student from Birdy the Mighty which almost gets killed.
Granted, it'd throw canon off its axis, but it'd be interesting to see Birdy gain the curse.....
Princess of Hyperion
Spammaster Rank A
Appointed "Universal Translator" by Cyber_Skaarj on July 22, 2006
Metroidvania
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Waruiko » Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:04 am

Heaven's Deamon wrote:*points to the fact that one of the girls is actually from a Saotome clan* You could easily make her related to Ranma in some way.

Wait which one?
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur.
(Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.)
Ignorance is curable; stupid is forever - Elizabeth Gibson
Waruiko
Senshi Cadet

Postby Pale Wolf » Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:12 am

Wait which one?

Haruna, one of the library girls.
There is no problem that cannot be solved through the proper application of immense levels of firepower.

- Finally promoted to Spammaster Indeterminate Rank as of June 18, by Stratagemini

Pale Wolf
Fukufics Staffer

Postby stratagemini » Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:35 am

I've seen a lot of Evangelion Crosses, I've seen Ranma as Kaji, I've seen Ranma As Shinji, I've seen Ranma as Asuka, I've seen Ranma as Rei, I've even seen Ranma sharing a body with Rei.
What I haven't seen are two rather interesting possibilities... Ranma as Yui, and Ranma as Gendo.
Can't you just see a NERV run by Ranma Now? A Competent Section 2, and of course Giant Robots need Giant martial arts techniques!
I See in Your Eyes, The same fear that would take the heart of me.
A Day may come, when the courage of men fails!
When we forsake our works, and break all bond of authorship- But Is Not THIS Day!
This Day, We WRITE!
stratagemini
Moon Cat Advisor

Postby Lord Aries Greymon » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:30 am

stratagemini wrote:I've seen a lot of Evangelion Crosses, I've seen Ranma as Kaji, I've seen Ranma As Shinji, I've seen Ranma as Asuka, I've seen Ranma as Rei, I've even seen Ranma sharing a body with Rei.
What I haven't seen are two rather interesting possibilities... Ranma as Yui, and Ranma as Gendo.
Can't you just see a NERV run by Ranma Now? A Competent Section 2, and of course Giant Robots need Giant martial arts techniques!

A variation, Ranma as both Misato and Gendo. Isn't time travel a bitch?
Naval Warrior Lord/Lady of Io.
Schizotechnician.
Thermonuclear Firebug.
Character Dossier
Lord Aries Greymon
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Mitchell » Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:34 am

I've seen one where Ranma was Yui, with Nabiki as gendo (it was an alterverse. Ranma took the ROLE of Yui (brilliant scientist who got absorbed into Unit one, with Nabiki trying to get united with him). Its been years since I've read it though, and I can't quite remember where it was. I think it might have been on the CHurch of Ranma and Kasumi or the CHurch of Ranma and Nabiki...
Mitchell
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Rei-chan » Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:50 pm

I believe you can find it within the archives of old floppy ears himself, Rakhal.
I believe it is called Crossed Destinies by Nabiki Saotome. Interesting story I thought. Hm.. Ranma as Evangeline from Negima so very very interesting that thought. Such as how he became a wanted criminal in the dark realms. Heck, you would have one good story just on the set up of how Ranma became Evangeline never mind what happens after Negima starts.
Princess of Charon
Appointed Spammer Rank C By Himitsu September 25, 2006.
I ain't got to explain it. I'm living magic, remember?
Rei-chan
Super Power Senshi

Postby Pale Wolf » Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:46 pm

I believe it is called Crossed Destinies by Nabiki Saotome.

Huh, I remember that one...
Heck, you would have one good story just on the set up of how Ranma became Evangeline never mind what happens after Negima starts.

Heh, you could do that with canon Evangeline, so showing how Ranma would do so would have to be just as much of a show.
Such as how he became a wanted criminal in the dark realms.

Heheh. For this one, I came up with my own theory in a Type-Moon crossover. She fouled up the Aylesbury ritual (if you get that, you're way too much of a TM fan). Saved the world ^_^

Pale Wolf
Fukufics Staffer

Postby Tovath » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:41 pm

how about a Negima sailor moon cross when Negi first uses that time travel watch he and one of his students end up at the Gates of Time. PlUto attacks them for being there and is confused because, well, Negi's student that is with him is Setsuna Sakurazaki.
Tovath
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Waruiko » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:47 pm

Ranma / Maho shojo lyrical Nanoha
It blows my mind!
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur.
(Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.)
Ignorance is curable; stupid is forever - Elizabeth Gibson
Waruiko
Senshi Cadet

Postby Siden » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:28 pm

Waruiko wrote:Ranma / Maho shojo lyrical Nanoha
It blows my mind!

Okay, but what is the twist? What will set this apart from other crossovers using the same universes?
Employed by Lady Bliss.
True Neutral, "Pure Neutral", "Balancer"
Spamville Dossier
Siden
Asteroid Senshi

Postby stratagemini » Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:05 am

Ranma/Sailor Moon Crossover again.
Only this time, we have a Meeting of Rei's Grandaather... Happosai. Of course what did Genma offer Happosai to study anything goes? His First Born Son of course! An engagement made in heaven. Ranma tries to hide his curse, and Rei tries to hide being a senshi.
I See in Your Eyes, The same fear that would take the heart of me.
A Day may come, when the courage of men fails!
When we forsake our works, and break all bond of authorship- But Is Not THIS Day!
This Day, We WRITE!
stratagemini
Moon Cat Advisor

Postby EdenB » Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:10 am

Ranma/Sailor Moon
In the Silver Millennium a curse was always put on the mantle of Sailor Saturn, to bind one with the same feelings as her to her hand with only a touch. Unfortunately the Queen Serenity of the time was similar to Usagi and only thought how this could promote love and stop loneliness and depression for the one who could destroy a planet.
Insert regular meeting, both being depressed about being attacked, about being used and feeling like they're both objects to others. One accidental touch of the hands and they can't pry them apart.
I don't think I've seen that used before. Could make for a romance or more likely a humour.
EdenB
Chibi Sailor Senshi

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous