Ranma manga cast physical abilities

Requests for information (such as weapons, maps, history, grammar, spelling, outlining, ect) for your writing. Or where to post useful reference sites that you have found useful in writing. Anything from information research to writing guides.

Ranma manga cast physical abilities

Postby Cheb » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:50 pm

I've decided to do some mythbusting.
This frame is often used as an important example of Ranma's lifting weight limit.
...But, as the image says, all the numberы are meaningless. Resistance is futile.

We are never shown her lifting it, only pushing it sideways. Considering she was approaching Orochi from above when she saw him about to chew Akane's skull open... She could have plucked the rock from one of the nearby cave walls, then directed it. She could have *rolled* it across the cave floor: it's round. In short, this particular example says us nothing. There are *no* frames showing the rock before this one, no way to know where it came from.

Myth busted. No 30-ton lifting limit for you, Ranma. :mrgreen:
Proud owner of 1.5 kilograms of Germanium transistors
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Re: Ranma manga cast physical abilities

Postby Crescent Pulsar » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:15 pm

I don't think that's a good example to use if you're going to debunk how strong Ranma is, considering the unknowns about it.

There's a boulder around the same size that Pantyhose Taro throws down from a cliff that Ranma overcomes with a single punch. I'm assuming that he'd have to be rather strong and tough to overcome the boulder's mass and velocity (thus becoming like an immovable object) without being squished. And managing to do it while protecting someone in the process.

There was also a smaller boulder that he managed to lift during the weakness moxibustion story, while afflicted with said weakness.

And if you think that he's at least as strong as Ryoga, remember how big that chunk of ice was that he tossed, which more than dwarfed Mikado (who was closer to us from our perspective than it). And Ranma actually managed to stay afloat/standing even though most (if not all) of that weight must have transferred to her head (since Ryoga was standing on her head at the time... while wearing ice skates, no less).
Crescent Pulsar
Crisis Power Senshi

Re: Ranma manga cast physical abilities

Postby Spokavriel » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:31 pm

Actually that Ice sequence is one of the biggest proofs that Physics has no place in Ranma 1/2 After all all the chunks they were standing on were Floating. Adding weight would have made any of them sink lower into the water. Adding weight greater than the mass of ice being stood on along with two fighters should have brought that Ice down into the water relative to its buoyancy.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Return to Fic Research