A deity most suitable for Akane as Sailor... who?

Requests for information (such as weapons, maps, history, grammar, spelling, outlining, ect) for your writing. Or where to post useful reference sites that you have found useful in writing. Anything from information research to writing guides.

Which asteroid/deity fits Akane better for her Senshi form?

Sailor Pallas
No votes
Sailor Vesta
13%
Sailor June
No votes
Sailor Ceres
25%
Sailor Icarus
No votes
other (please specify)
63%

Total votes : 8

Re: A deity most suitable for Akane as Sailor... who?

Postby Cheb » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:28 am

One fanfic had an interesting, not-rabbits, way of proliferating Senshi.

That's migty interesting. Tried to think of a way to apply it to my story but it's like a puzzle piece that doesn't fit, sadly :(

Hygieia -- "health, cleanliness and sanitation." Uh, this doesn't fit Akane. She's not a healer at heart.
Astraea -- Yes, the connection to justice fits - at the first glance. But! I am writing and thinking in Russian where justice (as in upholding the law) and justice (as in doing what is right, making things right) are two entirely separate concepts described by two largely unrelated words. Astraea seems to lean heavily towards the "lawfulness | правосудие", while I perceive Akane as more inclined towards the "righteousness | справедливость" (although upholding the traditions is important for her).

I ran trough all the remaining god-named asteroidsagain.

5 Astraea - No.
6 Hebe - servant girl? Hell, no.
7 Iris - messenger, rainbow, wind-swift-footed... Good in a sense that this is a blank page. Could potentially have cool rainbow-based spells too.
8 Flora - spring and flowers. Uh, no.
9 Metis - oceanid, wisdom. No.
10 Hygiea - No.
11 Parthenope - a siren. Hell, no.
12 Victoria (aka Nike) - strength, speed, and victory. Hmm, a good fit, not restricting too. But the name, it's just too loud :(
13 Egeria - a maker of law, water and childbirth. No.
14 Irene - peace. No. This is a good choice for Kasumi, though.
15 Eunomia - law and order. Uh, no.
16 Psyche - soul/ki or a realy unhappy mythological figure. No.
17 Thetis - sea. No. Besides, there was a youma with the same name.
18 Melpomene - a muse of tragedy. Hell, no.
19 Fortuna - fortune, luck. No. Don't want Akane to manifest a stylized roulette wheel on her forehead
26 Proserpina aka Persephone - vegetation, underworld... Raped by Pluto? :shock: Yuck. No, I don't plan to write yuri hentai anytime soon.
28 Bellona aka Enyo - war, close ties to discord, fear and dread. Err, No.
29 Amphitrite - sea. No.
35 Leukothea - sea. No.
37 Fides aka Pistis - good faith, trust and reliability. I don't kike her symbol being a cross, though.

So, I went a full circle and returned to the starting point.
Juno
Vesta
Pallas
Iris

Arrrrgh.

Overall, Athena|Pallas fits Akane the best as *righteous* wars are her domain, as well as supporting heroes (Ranma is definitely one of those). There are still matters of wisdom and craftsmanship, but I could handwave the latter away somehow while Akane is one of the wisest Ranma manga characters when Ranma is not around. :roll: Which honestly just tells much about these folks, but still.

Ummm... AH, SCREW IT ALL! :evil: She is Sailor Iris. Her most defining characteristic is speed. She was almost as fast as Shampoo to begin with (even being significantly less powerful and trained than the latter) She lost to Shampoo so lamely because she fought stupidly, beginning with a risky well-telegraphed move. She *did* notice Shampoo landing behind her (see the manga scene), she was just too overextended to do anything about it. The next moment Shampoo (most likely) knocked her out with a pressure point strike, then proceeded washing and drying on an unmoving, paralyzed body. Shampoo isn't "inhumanly fast" or "so fast that Akane didn't even see her move". The whole process of shampooing took fifty six seconds -- not "five or six". I checked both the Japanese and Jenglish versions of manga. It took almost a minute. No way Akane wouldn't notice or react if she wasn't knocked out already.

*huff*.
Proud owner of 1.5 kilograms of Germanium transistors
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Postby Cheb » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:53 am

P.S. I hereby promise to make her attack names as good a Gratituous English as any other example from "Sailor Moon"!
Proud owner of 1.5 kilograms of Germanium transistors
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:00 pm

Ha, ha, ha! A rainbow theme is bound to be girly.

Oh, and you got Hygieia wrong. I picked that one because the Japanese are practically a shoe-in in regard to hygiene. It has nothing to do with healing, but in taking care of oneself so as to prevent the need for it. And Akane is one of those, "I can take care of myself," kind of people.
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby Daniel Jess Gibson » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:32 pm

Sailor Typhon

A Titan strong enough to battle and wound Zeus single-handed.
Chief Book and Wottlecasher of the Principality of Vhrool
Daniel Jess Gibson
Moon Senshi

Return to Fic Research