Question TMNT Naruto?

Requests for information (such as weapons, maps, history, grammar, spelling, outlining, ect) for your writing. Or where to post useful reference sites that you have found useful in writing. Anything from information research to writing guides.

Question TMNT Naruto?

Postby Spokavriel » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:36 pm

Which countries in Naruto are not described well enough that there might be a chance of slipping in the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles as a part of it. Because without having a place that they can live and train its hard to really do more than a dimension drop. I'd really rather have them in the world longer than that or it risks being like the third live action movie.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Re: Question TMNT Naruto?

Postby mondu_the_fat » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:37 pm

It really depends on how you make their origins. If they're the standard "turtles that were mutated then taught by a ninja rat" then you can plop then anywhere with sewers and runoff from experimentation.

If you plan them to be, say, a completely different sub species of turtle/human with their own society, that's a bit more difficult.

Off hand, though, their names may have to be changed.
"So Igor wasn't kidding. Most people just ensure they won't die cold and alone by making friends...I gain superpowers and have mysterious voices tell me I did a good job. My life is a goddamn mess."
-- Minato Arisato, My Life is a Goddamn Mess
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:43 pm

I'd like to try to keep as much of their Comic Origin story as possible. As to the names being changed I don't really see how that could work because names are part of their personae. If Michelangelo wasn't called Mikey it would feel wrong.

Its not like its impossible for there to be some other reasoning to the book names get chosen from. After all a renaissance coloring book is what they said in the movies. Why not a children's book where those were the names of fictional characters? Small bend but it allows for less change to the Turtle creation story.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Reika » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:21 pm

you can have them living in another dimension and be available with the turtle summoning contract
like the toads have their mount myoboku
Reika
Senshi Candidate

Postby Spokavriel » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:24 pm

Wouldn't that work better if they were an established race that could keep honoring the contract?
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:11 pm

The setup in Terry Pratchett's Maurice and his Amazing Educated Rodents would work for a TMNT origin too. The rats were living off the garbage from Unseen University. Maurice (a cat) was living off the rats. Then one day a rat pleaded for his life, and Maurice understood him ...

Magic pollution is at LEAST as good as radiation for endowing intelligence, and a lot easier to come by in most manga/anime.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Spokavriel » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:21 pm

Just get some Runoff from some of Orochimaru's experiments that haven't been augmented by a particular animal summons yet. There are many things that could cause effective industrial waste to use to mutate the animals. But then again which areas in Naruto are more likely to have fresh water tortoise?
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby WG_Writer » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:42 pm

Surprising Naruto Manga is very flexable in many regards. But if you want some place where you can find lots of sewers where conciviably a small family unit (Rat and turtles) would be able to survive I would say Rain would not be too far fetched. It has enough mystery, could be plot explained away for the most part as if anyone saw one of them they might think it was one of Hanzo's summons (Yeah the turtles do not inately look like salamanders but remember just how much these ninjas cover up.) To further it they could have sided with Pein during his take over of Rain so he lets them alone... and done... yeah not hard there.

Sewers of Konoha is another possibility but they really would need Henge to last any amount of time, and of course blame Orochimaru is the default.

There is honestly no reason to put them out of the way. Good writing can hid them anywhere. After all they lived in New York in their own Canon.
Storm trooper effect works against good guys as well.
No matter how strong you are, there is always a teenager able to beat you without breaking a sweat.
A blind Paladin can only hear half truths
A deaf Paladin can only see half truths
Either way the Paladin is a berserker
WG_Writer
Moon Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:23 pm

Cannon where Shreader somehow came back from being cut into shown ittle bity pieces scattered across the scene of his death.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Return to Fic Research