Getting slaped in the Ranma verse

Requests for information (such as weapons, maps, history, grammar, spelling, outlining, ect) for your writing. Or where to post useful reference sites that you have found useful in writing. Anything from information research to writing guides.

Getting slaped in the Ranma verse

Postby LadyRelena » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:20 pm

Okay, before I write down my idea, I thought I should warn everyone that this idea is going to sound very hateful toward Akane. Just thought I should put that out there less someone gets highly offended.

Jumping in.

What if one of the other fiancees one day got fed up with Akane's one sided physical abuse toward Ranma, and in the heat of the moment, slap her in the face. And say that this happened in-front of Akane's father, sisters, Ryouga, Genma, the other fiancees, and of course, Ranma himself. And also say this girl is someone that Ranma actually likes or respects; like Ukyo maybe (Or perhaps someone made up). What do you think his reaction would be? Would go into a rage or would he be beside himself? Would he go after the other girl or simply grab her arms and squeeze really hard while yelling in her face?

General suggestions are always good but if someone has a scene by scene idea in their head, please feel free to spell it out in detail.

You can also add what you think Akane's reaction would be too, but I'm pretty certain she would go ballistic considering that no one has ever dared to actually hit her in front of Ranma or a crowed.
Ranma/Shampoo, Ranma/Kurumi, Ryoga/Anna, and Ukyo/Ryuu
LadyRelena
Senshi Cadet

Re: Getting slaped in the Ranma verse

Postby Spokavriel » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:00 am

Wouldn't this fit better in Fic Research than ideas? I mean you have no plot points and you're asking for advice on a single divergent situation.

There was a Fic where I saw this happen. The slapper was Ukyo, Akane slapee. Soun screamed for Ranma to defend his Fiancee and he snapped right back with which one. In that fic the Tendo's weren't told about the Kuonji engagement yet. And it really ended up nothing more than a plot device to bring it to light in that story.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby LadyRelena » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:56 am

Spokavriel wrote: Wouldn't this fit better in Fic Research than ideas?

Thought about it but I wasn't sure. So I just picked a board and went with it.

Spokavriel wrote:I mean you have no plot points and you're asking for advice on a single divergent situation.

Do I need to say my plot point? I just want to see how Ranma would react when a girl he respects slaps the girl he likes. It's not that hard. I don't think he would react too differently no mater what the situation short of Akane trying to murder someone or something.

Spokavriel wrote:There was a Fic where I saw this happen. The slapper was Ukyo, Akane slapee. Soun screamed for Ranma to defend his Fiancee and he snapped right back with which one. In that fic the Tendo's weren't told about the Kuonji engagement yet. And it really ended up nothing more than a plot device to bring it to light in that story.

If it helps at all, this is probbibly sevral months after the failed wedding and this girl has been living with the Tendos for at least half of that time. So she's well known to everyone by then.
LadyRelena
Senshi Cadet

Postby Spokavriel » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:24 am

Spokavriel wrote:I mean you have no plot points and you're asking for advice on a single divergent situation.

LadyRelena wrote:Do I need to say my plot point? I just want to see how Ranma would react when a girl he respects slaps the girl he likes. It's not that hard. I don't think he would react too differently no mater what the situation short of Akane trying to murder someone or something.

If it helps at all, this is probbibly sevral months after the failed wedding and this girl has been living with the Tendos for at least half of that time. So she's well known to everyone by then.
You might have seen this on the forum index page.
Ideas
For submitting and talking about story ideas. Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and how it differs from canon. This folder is for anime fanfiction only. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS"
Well that does help but it still falls a bit short of a Fic Idea. Could you describe this girl a bit more to make it easier and maybe come closer to a plot concept?
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby LadyRelena » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:21 am

Ideas
For submitting and talking about story ideas. Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and how it differs from canon. This folder is for anime fanfiction only. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS"

Well shit, I forgot all about that. :? I guess if someone wants to move this topic they can.

Well that does help but it still falls a bit short of a Fic Idea. Could you describe this girl a bit more to make it easier and maybe come closer to a plot concept?

Okay, I'll try to say as much as possible about her without giving everything away. Basically she and Ranma have become friends over training and trading each others martial arts techniques. During this time she's living with the Tendo's, and being an outsider to the whole cast she observes all of them, but mostly Ranma and Akane being that Ranma is her friend.

She mostly doesn't like Akane's one sided phyical abuse toward Ranma but stays out of their issues not wanting to upset the apple cart, and because her adoptive sister has taken a liking to Akane.

Then, through certain events, something happens to Ranma via Akane's fault and it causes her, Ukyo, and Shampoo to start getting all graby over Ranma. Of course Akane being Akane decides the fix the situation by using brute force. Being that my main character is already struggling with feelings of her own at the time and that the whole situation has turned into one big clusterfuck due to one of Akane’s everyday lower atmosphere punches going awry. She fucking loses it and slaps her right in-front of everyone gathered in the Dojo.

I'm trying to picture how Ranma would get angry about this. I can't see him slapping her back or getting into a fight with her.
LadyRelena
Senshi Cadet

Postby Spokavriel » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:47 am

So you need Ranma to get angry over it? How about having her slap interrupt the hit but also have her make it clear that Ranma is a helpless victim in the situation. His Ego should be able to be wounded enough to get the scene motivation going as you wanted. The hard part is phrasing her defense attempt and statement in a way that makes sense and the other characters would have an epiphany over. Be it something Ki related due to Akane's attack using Anger Ki or something Genma trained into Ranma. Just something the others can easily accept.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby LadyRelena » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:58 am

Spokavriel wrote: So you need Ranma to get angry over it? How about having her slap interrupt the hit but also have her make it clear that Ranma is a helpless victim in the situation. His Ego should be able to be wounded enough to get the scene motivation going as you wanted. The hard part is phrasing her defense attempt and statement in a way that makes sense and the other characters would have an epiphany over. Be it something Ki related due to Akane's attack using Anger Ki or something Genma trained into Ranma. Just something the others can easily accept.

Oh shoot, I apologise but it seems that I left out something very important. At the current moment that Akane is jerking Ranma around he has amnesia and so she decides to give him another hit in the head thinking it will cure him, just like it did in the Ranma and his womanhood episode. The difference this time being that he's still a male and has real amnesia instead of an alter ego switch. Ranma doesn't remember the event of Akane getting slapped until later on when it's just the two of them together (he and my character that is)

Edit: I should also remark that his amnesia gets cured by Dr Tofu doing a revers Xfangao *I think thats how it's spelled. So they are alone at Tofus office.

Sorry about that.
LadyRelena
Senshi Cadet

Postby Spokavriel » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:34 am

Xi Fang Xiang Gao or something like that. Amnesia ends all knowns for a character. True Amnesia means Ranma should have been in a hospital. Got a tall order there and with the ground rules for Ranma more or less gone I'm not sure if anyone but your muse can really fill in the blanks.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby LadyRelena » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:53 am

I think maybe I missed something again. He gets angry after his memories return.

I feel as if I should start this thread over again or something.
LadyRelena
Senshi Cadet

Postby Pale Wolf » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:04 pm

Spotted this, moved to Fic Research. Carry on, y'all.
There is no problem that cannot be solved through the proper application of immense levels of firepower.

- Finally promoted to Spammaster Indeterminate Rank as of June 18, by Stratagemini

<Stratagemini> My Titanium Anus Armour will repel all challengers!

Would you believe this is one of the more tame bits of dirt I've got for him?
Pale Wolf
Fukufics Staffer

Postby LadyRelena » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:11 pm

zippinus wrote:*I'll make an assumption and say Akane doesn't like this, but Kasumi's 'can't say no' aura convinces them to let her stay

Actually Akane doesn't really have an opinion about it either way until a cooking debate happens between the two girls. Needless to say that Akane doesn't like her after that and things just keep building up and escalating.

LadyRelena wrote:She mostly doesn't like Akane's one sided physical abuse toward Ranma but stays out of their issues not wanting to upset the apple cart, and because her adoptive sister has taken a liking to Akane.

zippinus wrote: *I'll make another assumption and say that Ranma is the 'adoptive sister' here.

Well I didn't say much about the adoptive sister since I didn't think she mattered for this discussion. However, Ranma is not the adoptive sister. The adoptive sister is a actually a red panda cub who (at some point in my oc's past) accidentally fell into the spring of drowned girl. My OC's family decided to take the "now half human" child in since the mother red panda abandon her afterword.

The reason she likes Akane is because Akane finds her red panda side (The real side) absolutely adorable and so treats her somewhat similar to Pchan in that she gets spoiled and pampered.

zippinus wrote:Since our OC already feels unwelcome she tries to stay out of the 'arguments.'

That's some of it, but it's more like she doesn't want to get involved in problems that aren't her own. Even if that person is her friend. Though she gets constantly more and more annoyed at Akane's double standard attitude toward Ranma, she also knows that Ranma is and should be capable of standing up for himself.

zippinus wrote:At some point here, Ranma falls into an induced amnesia. The NWC hear about this and attempt to capitalize on it and head to the Tendo Dojo. Their arrival causes Akane to become enraged and yell at Ranma. Then, in a bout of 'genius' she remembers the whole womanhood ordeal and attempts to clobber him to get his memories back. Our OC, however, is fed up with Akane and slaps her, before chewing her out for being so violent. The entire NWC is stunned by the reaction and allows time for her to walk away with Ranma.

This, except for the “walking away” part. Akane and my OC pretty much grab each other by the coller and almost come to blows until Nodoka intervenes.

zippinus wrote: They arrive at the Tofu Clinic, where our OC tells Dr Tofu what's going on. He grabs out a bottle of Formula #119 and attempts to undo the amnesia using the Xi Fa Xiang Gao (I looked it up) technique. It works, but Ranma has to think about what happened while he had the amnesia. he would have been working his way back through the past few hours and end up at the point that she slapped and then chewed out Akane and see it out of context. he would almost immediately begin to chew her out for being so mean until she attempts to put the scene into context and make her case.

So, does that about sum it up?

With the exception that this scene will happen the day after that's pretty much it.

So, any ideas on how Ranma would react after an event like that. My problem is that he actually has to be angry and mean enough to drive her away but not hurt or strike at her. Thats why the only thing I came up with was grabing her arms really tightly and yelling in her face.
LadyRelena
Senshi Cadet

Postby LadyRelena » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:21 pm

This topic sure became unpopular after it moved. Kinda sad.
LadyRelena
Senshi Cadet

Postby LadyRelena » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:21 pm

zippinus wrote:Sorry, it's been a long weekend. I'll be back in after work today though.

Edit: Ugh, I hate long days. Anyway, I'll try again to figure out the plot and give advice.

So our OC meets Ranma shortly after the failed wedding, and they become friends through their love of martial arts. Akane meets the OC's "sister", and befriends her. At some point later on she ends up moving into the Tendo Dojo.

Since our OC tries to stay out of the 'arguments', but becomes increasingly agitated by them.

At some point here, Ranma falls into an induced amnesia. The NWC hear about this and attempt to capitalize on it and head to the Tendo Dojo. Their arrival causes Akane to become enraged and yell at Ranma. Then, in a bout of 'genius' she remembers the whole womanhood ordeal and attempts to clobber him to get his memories back. Our OC, however, is fed up with Akane and slaps her, before chewing her out for being so violent.

**Here is where my problem lies. I don't think that Akane would react for the simple fact that she's never been stopped from hitting Ranma before. Honestly, she'll likely freeze up at least momentarily while she processes the fact that someone prevented her from hitting the 'pervert.' Moving along...

They arrive at the Tofu Clinic, where our OC tells Dr Tofu what's going on. He grabs out a bottle of Formula #119 and attempts to undo the amnesia using the Xi Fa Xiang Gao (I looked it up) technique. It works, but Ranma wakes up the next day and thinks about what happened while he had the amnesia. He would have been working his way back through the past few hours and end up at the point that she slapped and then chewed out Akane and see it out of context.

**One thing to note here is that if your OC was sparring with and trading techniques with Ranma, that means that your OC is of a similar skill level as him, and that he's willing to actually spar with her. Over a few months this will decrease his "Do not hit girls" feeling or at least towards her in particular. Therefore it is quite likely that he would be willing to hit her by that point.

So, is that any better?

Yes this is perfect.

As for Ranma's "Do not hit girls" policy, he's been perfectly willing to hit Shampoo a few times during the manga and she's not nearly as good as he is. I think the problem with him is that he's not willing to hit a girl he likes or respects (such as Akane and Ukyo).
LadyRelena
Senshi Cadet

Next

Return to Fic Research