Ghosts in Ranma

Requests for information (such as weapons, maps, history, grammar, spelling, outlining, ect) for your writing. Or where to post useful reference sites that you have found useful in writing. Anything from information research to writing guides.

Ghosts in Ranma

Postby acerabus » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:33 am

Throughout both the manga and anime of Ranma there are several ghosts who appear, but for some reason I can only remember a few. So I was hoping that the people of fukufics could help me remember.

The ones that I can remember are:

Maomolin (ghost cat)

Kogane Musashi (ghost girl of Furinkan)

Headmistress of Sainokawahara Dorm (ghost who wanted her underwear stolen)

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks to all that respond.
acerabus
Senshi Cadet

Re: Ghosts in Ranma

Postby Cheb » Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:40 am

Maomolin is not a ghost per se. He's a yokai (a vague general term). I remember him being called mostly "bake-neko" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bakeneko

Wasn't there also a story with a cave with lots of ghosts? My memory is vague.
Proud owner of 1.5 kilograms of Germanium transistors
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Postby acerabus » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:06 am

you might be right, but furinkan.com calls him a ghost cat, and in both the anime and the manga his abilities seem to lean more toward ghost-like than demon-like. Also I'm not sure how appropriate the term bakeneko is considering Maomolin is from china and its a term for a japanese mystical creature.
acerabus
Senshi Cadet

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:36 pm

Yeah, that's the one where the old man is using astral projection or whatnot.

If you include things that are tangible but had possessed an object, there's the drawing of the panda that wanted a date and the bathing suit that wanted to be flattered. I also recall an episode from the anime where some kind of snake woman came out of a bra. And let's not forget the episode where Happosai used some kind of incense to separate Ranma's female side from his body.

Those are the only other things that come to mind, so far.
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:02 am

Cheb wrote:Wasn't there also a story with a cave with lots of ghosts? My memory is vague.

AFAICR, there was at least a story where Ranma mentioned going through a cave full of ghosts or demons. A training exercise, I think. There's more, but I'm yet to recall that.
I go walking. My mind goes wandering.
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:23 pm

Well, if spirits count as ghosts, I believe there was a yuki-onna that appeared in one of the anime episodes, in the fifth or sixth season. I think it was one of those Ryoga-centric episodes.

And then there's that oni that went around possessing people like a ghost... ;p
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Return to Fic Research