Clan head?

Requests for information (such as weapons, maps, history, grammar, spelling, outlining, ect) for your writing. Or where to post useful reference sites that you have found useful in writing. Anything from information research to writing guides.

Clan head?

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Mon May 30, 2011 4:46 am

I run into a lot of stories where either Genma or Nodoka are the so-called "clan head." My impression (because I forget things) on the matter was that women were unlikely to be the head of a clan, and that the one who would assume such a position -- taking Genma'a and Nodoka's age group into account -- would usually be among their parents. But I've read stories where one or the other held this title, or something similar, and for various reasons.

In the end, I'd really like to understand the power structure and whose authority this or that thing falls under. For instance, while many portray Nodoka as being totally subservient, in order to fit with the image of a stereotypical Japanese housewife, she's been known for being very disagreeable with her husband (bashing him over the head when she first learned that he wanted to take Ranma on the training trip), distrustful of him (calling him a liar before he could say anything), and being aggressive (drawing her sword on him). It's hard to tell who's in charge and whatnot.
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Return to Fic Research