Minato? Azabu? (Azabu-)Juuban?

Requests for information (such as weapons, maps, history, grammar, spelling, outlining, ect) for your writing. Or where to post useful reference sites that you have found useful in writing. Anything from information research to writing guides.

Minato? Azabu? (Azabu-)Juuban?

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:25 am

Yeah, I'm having a bit of a problem with what to call the area where most of Sailor Moon takes place. It seems like a nesting doll of names going on in the area, so I don't know what's more appropriate where. In addition to that, what's the name of the school, other than Crossroads? (Unless that's an accurate translation rather than an English substitution.)
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Re: Minato? Azabu? (Azabu-)Juuban?

Postby AdmiralTigerclaw » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:13 am

Proper name is 'Azabujyuban' as per Google Earth labeling.

Which would more or less be equivilent to a name like 'Tenth and Congress'. So the name more or less means 'Azabu at Juban'
However, that label occurs in the northeast corner, where the 319 meets the 415 and the inner circular route. And is most likely the name for the shopping area there on the corner.

To the southwest, which goes into the area where the Senshi (Or at least Usagi) live, the area name is Motoazabu and Motoazabu hills.

TV Asahi borders the northwest corner according to a basic hand drawn SM map.

If you want to get a general area, assign the inner circular rout intersection (With Azabu Jyuban Station) as your center marker, and the entire area is/is in Roppongi.

So your general name is going to nest like:

Azabu Jyuban, Roppongi, Minato, Tokyo

For technical refference, Minato is about three miles east to west, and four miles north-south.
Ernest 'Admiral Tigerclaw' Hart
OWNER: Samurai Penguin Studios
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/SamuraiPenguinStudio
AdmiralTigerclaw
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Lioconvoy » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:20 pm

As I understood it the School's propername is just Juban No. 10.
Sometimes it just doesn't pay....

Expect me when you see me -Doctor Who (The first Doctor)
Lioconvoy
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Fitzgerald » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:38 pm

The easiest North American comparison is New York City, in the broadest possible strokes:

Greenwich Village = Azabu-Juuban
Manhattan = Minato
NYC = Tokyo

Again it's nested, but that comes with the level of detail you want.

Ciao
Fitzgerald
Initiate

Return to Fic Research