The workings of modeling, singing, pop idols, et cetera...

Requests for information (such as weapons, maps, history, grammar, spelling, outlining, ect) for your writing. Or where to post useful reference sites that you have found useful in writing. Anything from information research to writing guides.

The workings of modeling, singing, pop idols, et cetera...

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:31 am

Several story ideas that I have lying around, waiting to be given life, have Ranma being a model, a singer/musician, a movie star, some combination of those, and all of that jazz. The hitch, which is the main reason for why I haven't considered writing any of these stories yet, is because I know next to nothing about the intimate details concerning how things are done -- mostly in the technical and business sense. At the very least I'd like to know as much as I can about agents, since they seem pivotal for a lot of arrangements and such; like the qualifications for being one, the particulars of their job, and so on.

I'd rather not bother anyone by having them write out the information themselves, so if you know of any sites with information, or manga that actually go into detail about such things, pointing me toward those will be fine.
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Re: The workings of modeling, singing, pop idols, et cetera...

Postby Wyrd » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:22 am

I don't know how accurate the information is, but in Spoiled Brats Ranma is an actor, actress, and singer(female form only), with Aino Minako also being a singer, so there are quite a few references in there that might be useful. Plus, it is a good story, though I think the author has given up on it.
Wyrd
Senshi Cadet

Re: The workings of modeling, singing, pop idols, et cetera...

Postby frice2000 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:26 am

You get some nice insight to the life of an idol singer/seiyuu here: Megumi Toons. That's an entire autobiographical manga featuring Megumi Hayashibara.

Also this book had some nice insights on what breaking into acting and making a movie is like.
frice2000
Asteroid Senshi

Return to Fic Research