Ranma 1/2 vs. YuYu Hakusho: Spiritual Prowess

Requests for information (such as weapons, maps, history, grammar, spelling, outlining, ect) for your writing. Or where to post useful reference sites that you have found useful in writing. Anything from information research to writing guides.

Re: Ranma 1/2 vs. YuYu Hakusho: Spiritual Prowess

Postby claymade » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:47 pm

SpaceKnight of Chaos wrote:does anyone have any opinions on how a... let's say post-anime Ranma (so that's to the Nodoka's Introduction storyline, plus the Reversal Jewel, Mrs Tendo's Cookbook, Tunnel of Lost Love, Ryugenzawa, Legendary Phoenix Egg, Vengeful Doll, Evil Oni and Hinako's Introduction stories, plus the fillers of Nekonron, Togenkyo and Vs. Natsume & Kurumi) would compare physically to a season 1 Yusuke or Kuwabari?

That you probably have a bit more leeway on. I can't recall too many YYH raw strength feats off the top of my head, since most of the battles don't quite slant that way so much. The main obvious one that sticks in my mind--because they made such a point of it--was Younger Toguro carrying the replacement ring into the stadium in the intermission of the DT finals, which is later than what you're asking.

Speed, in the early stages, seems fairly in the same ballpark, though. The main sub-boss for the Saint Beasts arc was able to pull off, essentially, the same "hundreds of punches in a split-second" feat that only Ranma's most overclocked Amaguriken can match (and even that was so draining Ranma could only do it a couple times before it completely exhausted him).

So, given how neatly Ranma's and Seiryuu's speed seems to match (though Seiryuu's lack of concern in using his 100s punches technique suggests that if anything, he's faster) I'd say that puts Ranma about mid/low-range speedwise for the season 1 gang. Probably Ranma/Seiryuu would be faster than season 1 Kuwabara, given his reactions, but Seiryuu vs. a season 1 Hiei is a practically-instantaneous curbstomp, simply slicing the former into shreds before he could so much as do anything.

So, yeah, in the season 1 team I'd put Ranma somewhere above Kuwabara, but (even by that early point) it seems pretty clear that Hiei would already be able to speed-blitz him. Arguably Yusuke too, given his performance against Seiryuu's (even more capable) boss.
claymade
Asteroid Senshi

Previous

Return to Fic Research