Reaction towards death of giant monsters

Requests for information (such as weapons, maps, history, grammar, spelling, outlining, ect) for your writing. Or where to post useful reference sites that you have found useful in writing. Anything from information research to writing guides.

Reaction towards death of giant monsters

Postby MovieBrat » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:33 pm

I have a question that I really need to be sure about. How would Ranma react to the death of the monster Ebirah? This occurs in my fanfic Kaiju Invasion when Ebirah is the only monster taken down by the Sailor Senshi, X-Men, Quest Team and the Nerima Wrecking Crew.

Since Ranma has a no killing stance, would he disagree with a monster being killed or not? Especially once Godzilla comes into the picture.
MovieBrat
Senshi Cadet

Re: Reaction towards death of giant monsters

Postby Spokavriel » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:14 pm

Guess it depends on if it seemed intelligent or not. He ate more than plants during his training trip with Genma after all. Not to mention has experience with the prey side of the equation between the pit of cats and time where Genma hung meat off him and had him carry him around on a seat while running from wolves.

So depending on how smart it acts he might have some regrets. Then again look at how Ranma reacted after fighting the Ryuganzawa Orochi, AKA Tail headed Orochi. Sure the thing wasn't dead but the focus wasn't really on the creature, after it was beaten it was back to the other problems. No spare thought given.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby MovieBrat » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:10 pm

Well, Ebirah is basically a giant shrimp/lobster monster. Not very bright.

But would Ranma react badly to Godzilla's destructive rampage?
MovieBrat
Senshi Cadet

Postby Sailor Sedai (Ellf) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:13 pm

First thing, Ranma doesn't have a "no killing" stance. That's fanon. So honestly, you can have him react however you want him to react to it provided it fits the story.

Just because Ranma doesn't go out of his way to kill something doesn't mean he has a no killing stance.
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
Sailor Sedai (Ellf)
Prism Power Senshi

Postby MovieBrat » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:15 pm

Sailor Sedai (Ellf) wrote:First thing, Ranma doesn't have a "no killing" stance. That's fanon. So honestly, you can have him react however you want him to react to it provided it fits the story.

Just because Ranma doesn't go out of his way to kill something doesn't mean he has a no killing stance.

I knew it. Thanks dude. By the way guys, to give you an idea who Ebirah is, here's a clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2mbsfAQeS4
MovieBrat
Senshi Cadet

Postby kurushi » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:54 am

MovieBrat wrote:Well, Ebirah is basically a giant shrimp/lobster monster.

Me? I'd say to some extent, ethics and remorse are a little moot. I imagine Ranma's first impression would be something along the lines of "Thank crap! Fighting a giant shrimp/lobster monster was an awful experience!"

If Ranma had enough of a reason to be fighting the thing to the death in the first place (rather than Ranma going on a giant shrimp-monster hunt for the sake of brutal murder) then I doubt he'd feel very guilty about it. I doubt Ranma would feel guilt or remorse over self defence or a necessary act of violence.

That, and you can put shrimp in okonomiyaki... so I doubt he'd be too cut up in the long run.
kurushi
Senshi Candidate

Postby MovieBrat » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:55 pm

Well, Ebirah was attacking Nerima. Plus, imagine the casulties involved with the normal citizens.

Is that good enough of a reason for Ranma to kill him?
MovieBrat
Senshi Cadet

Postby Spokavriel » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:10 pm

Its larger than the Orochi in Ryuganzawa. I don't think Ranma would need motivation of collateral damages caused by the monster he'd be fighting it.

But I think I should point out there there is a fic out there where Gojira gets killed and Ukyo is selling Okonimiyaki with its flesh as a topping "While supplies last"
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby MovieBrat » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:03 pm

Spokavriel wrote: Its larger than the Orochi in Ryuganzawa. I don't think Ranma would need motivation of collateral damages caused by the monster he'd be fighting it.

Don't forget people being crushed to death by the monster.
MovieBrat
Senshi Cadet

Postby Spokavriel » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:14 pm

That probably wouldn't happen in Nerima or a few other districts. Allot of people know to get out of the way fast. Although if Kuno got stepped on then it might make Ranma reluctant to hurt something that did him a favor like that ;)
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby MovieBrat » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:23 pm

Spokavriel wrote: That probably wouldn't happen in Nerima or a few other districts. Allot of people know to get out of the way fast. Although if Kuno got stepped on then it might make Ranma reluctant to hurt something that did him a favor like that ;)

About that. Aside from Ebirah, there are thousands of Black Moon Clan soldiers killing people or capturing them as slaves.
MovieBrat
Senshi Cadet

Postby Spokavriel » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:33 pm

With that situation I might actually see Ranma ignoring the monsters because they aren't hurting as many innocents until after the Dark Moon is first stopped.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby MovieBrat » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:53 pm

Spokavriel wrote: With that situation I might actually see Ranma ignoring the monsters because they aren't hurting as many innocents until after the Dark Moon is first stopped.

But however, unknown to Ranma they're under the control of the Black Moon Clan especially Nemesis' resident monster on their planet, Gigan. Not only that, seeing as that the Nerima Wrecking Crew is kicking some ass, Ebirah is sent to kill them.
MovieBrat
Senshi Cadet

Postby Spokavriel » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:51 pm

Why Gigan? King Ghidora gets into that kind of role allot more frequently.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby MovieBrat » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:33 pm

Spokavriel wrote: Why Gigan? King Ghidora gets into that kind of role allot more frequently.

He's in it actually. This is the list of monsters sent to destroy the world by the Black Moon Clan.

King Ghidorah
Gigan
Megalon
Ebirah
Mechagodzilla
Baragon
Anguruis
Titanosaurus
Varan
Destroyah
King Cesaer
Zilla
Kamacuras
Rodan
Manda
Gorosaurus
Hedorah
Battra
Orga
Kumonga
Biollante
Megaguirus

That's all. What do you think of the lineup? And the only two opposing monsters are Godzilla and Mothra. Though, they're not allies this time.
MovieBrat
Senshi Cadet

Next

Return to Fic Research