How to make Genma take Ukyo along when he first promised?

Requests for information (such as weapons, maps, history, grammar, spelling, outlining, ect) for your writing. Or where to post useful reference sites that you have found useful in writing. Anything from information research to writing guides.

Re: How to make Genma take Ukyo along when he first promised?

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:01 pm

I don't think a perfect storm would be required. It could be written that Genma, once he decided to go to honor the agreement between Soun and himself, tried to get rid of Ukyo but failed. When it became obvious that Genma didn't want her to go wherever he planned to go, Ranma and Ukyo decided that the next time that Genma tried to give her the slip that Ukyo would follow while Ranma would pretend to fail at finding her. Then, when father and son arrive at their destination, Ukyo would rejoin them, much to Genma's great consternation. (I could go into more specifics but I'm feeling lazy and assume it's not really necessary.)

And I don't think that Soun would kick them out. After all, the important thing is that Genma shows that he wants to honor their agreement, and Soun would likely come to an understanding of sorts with Genma in regard to the situation he's responsible for. He may blow up and/or spring a leak easily enough, but he's fairly tolerative of Genma's behavior and antics, or else he wouldn't have anything to do with him long before this point. If they can't be stopped by Ranma's and Akane's stubborness, why would they not try to get Ranma attracted to one of Soun's daughters despite his apparent interest in another? And for that the plan would require Ranma (as well as Genma) to stay. Soun (with Genma) may try to remove Ukyo from the house, but his daughters will likely convince him to let her stay. Which I think provides the same, if not more, of the status quo. It'd just be different.

But these are my opinions, based on the fact that I don't know what kind of cursed forms there will be and how that would effect the imagined circumstances, or just how serious or humorous the story will be. I figured I might as well elaborate on a few ideas that I had minced before, since I figured I'd leave the specifics of them up to the imagination of the authors. But, eh. So long as yapping more might help to inspire more ideas, even if they're contrary to mine. Because saying nothing generates nothing. Well, unless the author(s) aren't looking for ideas, but then this topic wouldn't be here if they weren't.

And I'm rambling. It sucks to be bored.
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Previous

Return to Fic Research