Involuntary gender changers

Requests for information (such as weapons, maps, history, grammar, spelling, outlining, ect) for your writing. Or where to post useful reference sites that you have found useful in writing. Anything from information research to writing guides.

Involuntary gender changers

Postby Knight of L-sama » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:36 am

Basically I've got a slightly meta idea for a humour fic rattling around in my head but I need a few more characters to fill it out.

Basically I'm looking for a list of anime characters who have involuntarily changed genders, either on a permanent basis or changing back and for between the two like Ranma.

For far all I can think of are

Saotome Ranma (Ranma 1/2 changeable)
Herb (Ranma 1/2 changeable)
Shimeru Futaba (Futaba-kun Change changeable) (and by extension the rest of Futaba's family)
Osagaru Hazumu (kashimashi ~Girl Meets Girl~ permanent)
Maze (Mega Burst Space Maze and an odd case since their are separate personalities for each form)
Megumi (Tenshi na Konamaiki and ambiguous since she's a girl who was cursed to think she was born as a boy)

Anyone know any others?
If your spirit has wings to travel, even across the breadth of a thousand, million nights, imagination will guide the way and the gates of El-Hazard will always be open to you.
Knight of L-sama
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby mondu_the_fat » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:56 am

Would Ash from misfile.com count?
"So Igor wasn't kidding. Most people just ensure they won't die cold and alone by making friends...I gain superpowers and have mysterious voices tell me I did a good job. My life is a goddamn mess."
-- Minato Arisato, My Life is a Goddamn Mess
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:25 am

I know tons of manga and webcomics if they count.

Anime:

- Ranma and Rella (Cinderella Boy)

- Keiichi, that one time he eats some of Urd's pills and ends up with long hait and boobs(Ah! My goddess)

- There's 'Body Transfer', a 2-episode-long hentai anime where the cast switches bodies.

- There's one episode of Kochikame (funnily enough the only that has been subbed) where Ryotsu and Reiko swithc bodies for a day
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Knight of L-sama » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:50 am

mondu_the_fat wrote:Would Ash from misfile.com count?

Yes, very much so.

I can't believe I forget that one either since I read Misfile myself.

Though if I'm going to include webcomics as well The Wotch (need to reed more of that) and El Goonish Shive would probably also provide a decent sort.

Though Ted would get kicked out because it's a support group for those who have suffered involuntary transgender experiences rather than nuts who like to play with alien shapeshifting technology.
If your spirit has wings to travel, even across the breadth of a thousand, million nights, imagination will guide the way and the gates of El-Hazard will always be open to you.
Knight of L-sama
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Nekomata-sensei » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:51 am

Some manga that have gender changes:

Yuuki Rito (to-LOVE-ru)(changeable, alien gender change gun has been used on him a few times, has a temporary effect)
Hatsushiba Akira (GachaGacha Secret)(changeable, weird video game induced electric shock causes him to change gender when he sneezes)
Amamiya (Akane-chan Overdrive)(sort of changeable/permanent, Akane's body was in a coma, and she has gone on to heaven, but Amamiya, a boy, has an accident that causes an out of body experience and he winds up possessing her body because her body desires to live and snatches his spirit somehow, weird stuff happens near the end with more body swaps, I forget how it ended exactly)
Aizen Kanou (Kanate Aizen) (sort of permanent, boy who is named after the god of love is afraid of girls, gets magically changed into a girl by a mischievous kami and discovers a love for a girl who was a childhood friend, manages to get the kami to change him back by convincing her to love him as a girl, however, in the end once he starts dating her he gains confidence with girls and becomes unfaithful and gets turned back into a girl, and the kami runs off, presumably, she's stuck a girl for good now)

And some webcomics:
Kanazuchi Yuuki (Sparkling Generation Valkyrie Yuuki) (permanent, Asguardian gods change a boy into a Valkyrie on accident because he was a big fan of magical girl anime and managed to buy a magic DVD that was meant for a girl to get in order to become the Valkyrie)
(Abstract Gender) (one permanent and one changeable at will, boys enter a haunted house and are knocked out, and wake up girls, one is able to change at will and the other is stuck a girl)
"Health, Learning & Virtue will ensure your happiness; they will give you a quiet conscience, private esteem & public honor." Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)
Nekomata-sensei
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:50 am

While I haven't had the chance to read it yet, there's a character in Vampire Doll, Guilt-na-Zan, who is a female doll and becomes his normal male self when he sucks a certain girl's blood.
Crescent Pulsar
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Kilich » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:47 am

I'll add two more.

Gokudo from anime Gokudo-kun Manyuki. He was temporarily turned female by a jinn in the start of the series.

Celica from Battle Goddess (H-games)

An Ancient Goddess fell in love with a swordsman and when the Church, that wanted to kill all ancient beings, used a demon's essence to corrupt him and sent him to kill her, she replaced her spirit with his.

Celica can transform her body into male, but maintaining the change is not very easy and outside of H-scene's it remains female.
Kilich
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Re: Involuntary gender changers

Postby TerraEpon » Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:15 pm

Knight of L-sama wrote:Shimeru Futaba (Futaba-kun Change changeable) (and by extension the rest of Futaba's family)

This is manga only, if you didn't know.
(Alas)
TerraEpon
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:33 pm

Yeah. I know tons of tg manga, but since he asked for anime I didn't list them.
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Munchkin » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:46 pm

Gatcha Gatcha Capsule has the main character Akira, changing gender each time he sneezes. It's a pretty good manga too. I don't know if there's an anime sadly.
Munchkin
Senshi Cadet

Re: Involuntary gender changers

Postby Knight of L-sama » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:57 pm

TerraEpon wrote:This is manga only, if you didn't know.
(Alas)

Manga's fine as well. That's my fault since I usually don't tend to specify both since I group them together mentally.
Knight of L-sama
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Kilich » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:02 pm

Manga's fine as well. That's my fault since I usually don't tend to specify both since I group them together mentally.

Then I'll add two more.

Seijou Kouchakan no Jijou. As far as I understood, a guy drank a 'special' tea and now he turns into a girl whenever he drinks black tea.

Alice on Deadlines. A worker from Shinigami is requested something very hard, he needs to bring the one neither dead, nor alive. A Shinigami needs a container to exist in human world, but instead of a skeleton he wakes up as a young girl.
Kilich
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:16 pm

Well, darn, I know tons of manga. But I'll stick with the anime list I put together, for now. Otherwise I could be up all night. XD;;

Akai Hayate: I haven't been able to watch it, since I can't find it anywhere on the Internet, but it seems like this ninja guy transfers his soul into his sister. But, since one body can only handle one soul, the more she calls upon her brother's power... I thought it worth mentioning.

Birdy the Mighty: I'm surprised no one mentioned this one, yet. The main character (forgot his name) ends up sharing both his and Birdy's body while his real body is being healed. (There's both an old and new version of the series.)

Locke the Superman: Locke's an ESPer who can assume many different forms.

Gestalt: Ouri/Ohri had once been a dude. :O

Sorcerer on the rocks: the main guy, the sorcerer, gets his body destroyed, so he takes possession of his slave girl.

Space Pirate Mito: (Although the art quality can make your eyes bleed. X_X) Aoi slowly becomes a girl during the first season. In the second he is a girl, and becomes a queen. Fancy that, eh? ;/

Yawaraka Sangokushi Tsukisase!! Ryofuko-chan: I haven't had the chance to watch this, but it seems that two guys get reincarnated as young girls.

To Love-ru: Rei/Run switch between their respective sex and personalities each time they sneeze.
Crescent Pulsar
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:47 pm

I like Space Pirate Mito. It's rather like a warm and fuzzy Godzilla cartoon.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Crescent Pulsar » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:12 pm

I didn't say that I didn't like it. The plot was decent. The art is just horrible so often, deformed. It seems like they only knew how to draw cute midgets well, like Mito, so most everything else suffered. (It's not forgivable to get the position of the eyes wrong so often. -_-)

And while I'm at it, some manga!

Ichinensei ni Nacchattara: A high school boy gets hit by a truck when he saves a girl. The next thing he knows is some mad scientist with a lolicon fetish had fixed him up into a young girl's body. And thus the story continues with him having to go to school as a girl. It hasn't been fully scanlated, so there's no telling if he becomes a guy again at the end.

Okitsune-sama de Chu: A guy becomes a kitsunemimi girl in order to help Osaki catch evil spirits.
Crescent Pulsar
Crisis Power Senshi

Next

Return to Fic Research