Might Ranma have chosen to run?

Requests for information (such as weapons, maps, history, grammar, spelling, outlining, ect) for your writing. Or where to post useful reference sites that you have found useful in writing. Anything from information research to writing guides.

Re: Might Ranma have chosen to run?

Postby SpaceKnight of Chaos » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:24 pm

I appreciate your insight, your theories and your opinions. But I think we have different concepts/plans, so I will thank you again for helping me, as I don't think I could have finished putting together the prelude without your comments, and withdraw. I will point out that I don't have Ranma going back to Nerima with Shampoo, just back to Japan. Basically, Genma meets him at the docks and renews Ranma's attitude of not being very happy with the myriad jerks (in his opinion) in Nerima, so he decides to just find somewhere else to go. Which, of course, leads to him basically wandering straight into the same sort of chaos that would, in canon, find him in Nerima: after all, all the evidence is that the rest of the world is just as weird as that one little ward. A run-down hotel whose owner has devoted himself to mastering Bathhouse Fu, a mountain where love potion mushrooms grow wild, wandering martial artists of all stripes and calibers... to say nothing of the fact Ryoga will doubtlessly wander into Ranma's path, more then likely furious that Ranma has dared to get cured, or the fact Genma is trying his hardest to chase Ranma down and drag him back to the Tendo Dojo.
Water, water, everywhere, and all was cursed and black!
Drowned ones cast bad spell and out come pig, girl, duck, panda!
Swirl, swirl, slithery pond, and join with magic spring!
Swirl, swirl, dirty pond, and rid the cursed sting!
Here my prayer, I beg you please!
Now turn these curses BACK!

http://www.issendai.com/rpgs/japanese-boys-names.shtml
http://www.issendai.com/rpgs/japanese-girls-names.shtml
SpaceKnight of Chaos
Prism Power Senshi

Re: Might Ranma have chosen to run?

Postby Crescent Pulsar » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:25 pm

I wasn't expecting it. After all, I'm only making suggestions based on my own insights, not telling you what you should do. Now that I know a bit more about what you have planned, I still think that it doesn't make sense for that to happen. But I'm sure there would be readers that would find it acceptable, so it's not really a problem. I'm glad that I was able to help a bit in some form. Good luck with it.
Crescent Pulsar
Crisis Power Senshi

Previous

Return to Fic Research