Insight on Shampoo's behavior for two oneshots

Requests for information (such as weapons, maps, history, grammar, spelling, outlining, ect) for your writing. Or where to post useful reference sites that you have found useful in writing. Anything from information research to writing guides.

Postby Jomasten » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:47 pm

Well, as one who has been watching this topic, I believe everyone just exhausted themselves.

But, the way you presented it does sound plausible. Though. I did notice something. If it wasn't Ranma, wouldn't most Amazons just generally not care about Genma, even if he was the father of such a powerful individual. Well, color me prejudiced, but I do believe if Genma would just abuse his 'authority' as the 'father-in-law' until the Amazons get so ticked off, they wouldn't even care if Ranma was to be Shampoo's husband, and chase both out. That, or as you say, Genma runs out with Ranma forcefully (or not) in tow.
[SILENCE! You are distracting my concentration to distract myself.]

[Otherwise, I will distract you enough that you can concentrate on distracting yourself!]
Jomasten
Senshi Cadet

Postby SpaceKnight of Chaos » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:12 am

Good point, thanks for pointing that out. And on that trail of thought, allow me to point out something else: lazy old asshole that he is, Genma is a fairly skilled martial artist in his own right, and he's not that hard on the eyes. In lieu of this, and the fact that he evidently has no wife (remember, Ranma thought Nodoka was either dead or had ran away shortly after he was born), is it possible that Genma might find himself with some 'paramours' of his own? Some widowed/spinster Amazons who think he wouldn't be too bad at warming their bed of nights?
Water, water, everywhere, and all was cursed and black!
Drowned ones cast bad spell and out come pig, girl, duck, panda!
Swirl, swirl, slithery pond, and join with magic spring!
Swirl, swirl, dirty pond, and rid the cursed sting!
Here my prayer, I beg you please!
Now turn these curses BACK!

http://www.issendai.com/rpgs/japanese-boys-names.shtml
http://www.issendai.com/rpgs/japanese-girls-names.shtml
SpaceKnight of Chaos
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Jomasten » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:40 am

Ohhh, some kinda remnant of Genma's own 'Saotome charm', eh? Good idea, though, disturbing in its own right. But t'would be fun nontheless.
Ya naughty author, ye. Of course, you just have to get around this in a very comedic fashion.
[SILENCE! You are distracting my concentration to distract myself.]

[Otherwise, I will distract you enough that you can concentrate on distracting yourself!]
Jomasten
Senshi Cadet

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:57 am

That would make an interesting fanfic variant: Shampoo raises a fuss over Genma eating her prize, at which point he knocks her silly and continues eating.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby pspinler » Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:41 pm

[quote="Ellen Kuhfeld"][b]That[/b] would make an interesting fanfic variant: Shampoo raises a fuss over Genma eating her prize, at which point he knocks her silly and continues eating.[/quote]

I seem to have a memory of a fic where just that happened. Perhaps someone here with better memory, or records, than I can pinpoint it?

-- Pat
pspinler
Senshi Cadet

Previous

Return to Fic Research