Layout of the Hikawa Shrine in Sailor Moon

Requests for information (such as weapons, maps, history, grammar, spelling, outlining, ect) for your writing. Or where to post useful reference sites that you have found useful in writing. Anything from information research to writing guides.

Layout of the Hikawa Shrine in Sailor Moon

Postby P.H. Wise » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:24 pm

Anyone know the floor plan for the Hikawa Shrine in Sailor Moon? I know it has both the shrine and a living area (Rei's living room seems to be a popular location for Senshi meetings), but exactly how big is the living space? What sort of amenities are they likely to have there?
Hige sceal þe heardra || heorte þe cenre,
mod sceal þe mare || þe ure mægen lytlað.
P.H. Wise
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Darkbane848 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:56 pm

Taken from "Warriors of Legend - Reflections of Japan in Sailor Moon"

-
In the manga version, the exterior of the shrine is shown as the same one as that of Azabu's Hikawa Shrine. The anime however uses the Hikawa shrine in Akasaka as its model.
-

The book doesn't mention anything about the interior of the shire, but if the exterior were based on those two shrines, then the interior probably were as well.

Here's a link to the Akasaka Shrine official site: http://www.akasakahikawa.or.jp/

And if you go to the end of this site: http://www.akasakahikawa.or.jp/contents/index.html
I think you will find a floor plan of sorts. unfortunately it's in japanese, so I can't be certain.
Darkbane848
Senshi Cadet

Re: Layout of the Hikawa Shrine in Sailor Moon

Postby Cheb » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:35 am

Even if it based on the shrine described on this page, the layout was greatly simplified.
Here's my research:
(Right-click and View Image to see if fully)

Note: the elaborate thing at the temple front is NOT an entrance. It's a shrine complete with donations box and the red-white rope with bells. Behind which there is a solid wall. The temple entrance is probably somewhere on the sides.

Proud owner of 1.5 kilograms of Germanium transistors
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:12 am

What about the episode where the Shrine was giving Self Defense classes and Grandpa was dressed up in 80's fitness clothes?
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Cheb » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:57 pm

Drats! I forgot that one!
Which one it was, again? I remember only that it was Season 2, and chibi-Usa was present.

.. That's it! I may be able to find more details and make this plan better if I hunt for more scenes taking place at the shrine grounds! :D
But later.

P.S. Episode 60 gives a quite detailed layout of the house and the exact position of Rei's room, but nothing on the relative position of the house itself on the grounds.
Proud owner of 1.5 kilograms of Germanium transistors
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:16 pm

And don't forget the scene where Rei's trying to relax in the bath and Usagi's doing some sneaking around outside. Unless that is the one you just mentioned ...
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Return to Fic Research