New rank structure

Administrators will post news concerning the site here.

New rank structure

Postby lwf58 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:46 pm

Having spoken with Sunshine, we agreed that the rank structure was stagnating, with too many site members at the top. It's time to give people something to shoot for again.

With that in mind, we are adding some new senshi ranks into the middle of the scale, maybe replacing the current "sailor senshi / sailor starlight" rank with a new one, and then going from there.

That means a lot of Moon Princesses will be getting kicked off their thrones for awhile. :wink:

The new top ranks will be Moon Princess, Moon Queen, and Empress of the Moon. We tried two additional royal ranks as a quickie to see how many people would be in each, just tacking them on after Moon Princess, and most of regulars had enough posts to still be at the limit of the structure.
Last edited by lwf58 on Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
lwf58
Site Master

Postby lwf58 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:51 pm

Oh, as for the special rank given to Acey... that was a failed experiment. Acey, having been voted as the most helpful and fun person when I tried to set up rotational special titles, will still deserve one. I haven't taken away the titles, and see no reason to do so now. I'll just rename the special title of moon queen to something slightly different, and moon queen will become a regular rank. But it won't be easy to get it.
lwf58
Site Master

Postby lwf58 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:15 pm

And finally...

We agreed on some names, and I've tried spacing them about 2000 posts apart. That means the top rank now comes with 100,000 posts.

Hopefully that'll hold you all for awhile. :D
lwf58
Site Master

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:30 pm

Hey, I was busy reworking my avatar for when I made it to Starlight! Uncool!
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby lwf58 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:40 pm

Ellen Kuhfeld wrote:Hey, I was busy reworking my avatar for when I made it to Starlight! Uncool!

*Chuckles*

Sorry about that. But if you really, really want to be a Starlight, which has been eliminated from the normal structure, then we might just let you be one for awhile. Let me know when you hit Asteroid Senshi, the new replacement, and I'll give you Starlight as a temporary special rank.
lwf58
Site Master

Postby Spokavriel » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:43 pm

100,000 Are you sure that isn't too high? From what I am seeing it would take 6-10 years to get there for the more active posters. Will the site be able to avoid critical problems long enough to ever have that happen? And all the current Princes and Princesses should we change those to Senshi titles?
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby lwf58 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:55 pm

The site will be around as long as I can afford it, and six years is not going to be a problem that I can foresee. If the site breaks down, then we'll rebuild it.

Remember, though, that 100,000 is the level for Empress of the Moon.

Yes, the current Moon Princess titles have become either Crisis or Super Senshi. There's one level above Super; Eternal Power Senshi. Moon Princess comes after that, so it's not unattainable in a matter of a year or two.

The new additions to the ranks were intended to keep people from hitting a point where there was no further progression after a short interval like Crescent Pulsar did, as well as giving the oldtimers something to look forward to again.

Acey's special rank was renamed to "Moon Queen Emeritus".

The new additions replace "Sailor Senshi / Sailor Starlight" and "Moon Princess". They consist of:

Asteroid Senshi
Prism Power Senshi
Crystal Power Senshi
Cosmic Power Senshi
Crisis Power Senshi
Super Power Senshi
Eternal Power Senshi
Moon Princess
Moon Queen
Empress of the Moon
lwf58
Site Master

Postby KonokoHasano » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:29 pm

It does sound like a nice addition to the system. For some reason, obtaining ranks and all is enjoyable... even though it can take a while.

:lol: I need to get more active in posting.
Usagi-Hasano on Fanfiction.net
Senshi of Metis (Jupiter XVI)
Spamville character bio
KonokoHasano
Super Power Senshi

Postby Comartemis » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:33 pm

Jeez, almost 4000 posts and I'm only at the second of the new ranks? Guess I got some work to do! :P
Currently Watching: Gaiking: Legend of Daiku Maryu
Currently Playing: Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep
Currently Reading: Sora no Otoshimono

KILL the darkfic. BURN the angst. PURGE the Bad End.
Comartemis
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:38 pm

Are any of the below 100 post ranks being kept I haven't really been looking around to see what is still here and not. And could the list of all the current ranks with their numbers be posted so I don't get befuddled again?
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby lwf58 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:49 pm

I just posted the numbers over in the Oh Noes! thread.

All of the previous ranks before Sailor Senshi / Sailor Starlight are as they were. These are not meant to be an entirely new structure; they are additions.
lwf58
Site Master

Postby Lord Aries Greymon » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:01 am

I like them. goals are a good thing. I now can adjust a plan I'd had to something more attainable.
Naval Warrior Lord/Lady of Io.
Schizotechnician.
Thermonuclear Firebug.
Character Dossier
Lord Aries Greymon
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:06 am

Yeah I noticed that after posting and didn't get back to edit until now and I see that editing would be pointless. I did end up adding a request for 1 more rank to be added. 1,000 was a really important post count before and I think there should still be something there because of that. I had suggested Moon Senshi. Astroids get numbered unless they might prove a danger or something special is going on with it. Moons get named. And that could help maintain the reason for selecting moons at 1,000 like we have been for the Moon Princess for the past couple years.

Edit: There is one other reason for the Moon Senshi at 1,000 All the Sailor Moon Senshi have their planet connections before they get higher power levels. While I don't remember different levels for Senshi Iron Mouse or other single Arc Senshi I don't think it happens with Asteroid Senshi.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Bliss » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:37 am

Larry wrote:No. The first senshi rank, Asteroid Senshi, comes at 500 posts, and the next, Prism Power, comes at 2000. It's not evenly spaced.

Lurkette|Lurker (1)
Browsette|Browser (10)
Regular Girl|Regular Guy (45)
Lady of Fukufics|Lord of Fukufics (200)
Asteroid Senshi (500)
Prism Power Senshi (2,000)
Crystal Power Senshi (4,000)
Cosmic Power Senshi (6,000)
Crisis Power Senshi (10,000)
Super Power Senshi (20,000)
Eternal Power Senshi (40,000)
Moon Princess (60,000)
Moon Queen (80,000)
Empress of the Moon (100,000)

As you can see, there are larger goals between Asteroid and Prism, and then again between Super and Eternal. You won't be back to Moon Princess for awhile, and it'll take real devotion to the site to ever hit Empress.

In case people didn't get the "Oh Noes!" memo.

Although I noticed that while there is an "80,000" there isn't an "8,000".... was that on purpose?
Princess of Nyx (Nix)
Saving the world, One Bishie at a Time

Rank Up! Spammaster Rank C by Himi-chan Sept. 5, 2007
Appointed 'Universal Translator' by Cybses July 22, 2006
Bliss
Super Power Senshi

Postby lwf58 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:32 am

Moon Senshi at 1,000? Hmmm. That's doable. I'll have to get to it later, though. Doubt I'll have the time this morning.

Yes, the gaps were deliberate. Comes partly from having only a handful of Sailor Moon power levels to draw on for rank titles, and only wanting three ranks above them. As mentioned in Oh Noes, I took Bliss as a random sample when looking at folks who have very high post counts. Since he had just over 20,000, that became the middle of the new ranks. The posting goals for the lowest levels were left intact up to the new lowest Senshi rank.

That's when the real challenge begins. You need to be very active to gain ranks after that, and becoming an Eternal will definitely be a major reason for celebration. From Cosmic to Eternal, you have to double your previous post counts, instead of just adding another increment of 2,000. The Royal ranks are then 20,000 posts apart from the previous rank.

So there is a pattern to the new posting goals; 2,000, double, then 20,000.
lwf58
Site Master

Next

Return to Site Announcements