Fukucon: Starting up the RP

Here's where Role Playing, and Multiple Author story threads go. Keep on topic or... in character.... whatever

Fukucon: Starting up the RP

Postby Sailor Sedai (Ellf) » Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:09 pm

Peter sat at home, on his computer as usual... He was having fun on the fukufics.com boards where he was known as Ellf, the traveler of Dimensions, the weilder of the One Power. (The writer of Half an Age.) It was then that he heard his doorbell ring. Going down to answer it, he saw only a package and an envelope addressed to Peter "Ellf" Gallagher.
"Hmm.... I wonder what this is."
Pulling it inside, he opened the note.
[Dear Peter Gallagher, or should we say Ellf?,
You are hereby invited to the first ever Fukucon, which will be taking place in wonderful Tokyo, Japan, the Azabu-Juuban district of the Minato Ward to be precise. If you do attend, you will be required to cosplay wearing the costume in the package. Also included in the package are plane tickets and your badge that marks you as an attendee of Fukucon. We look forward to seeing you here in Japan.]
Peter wondered how they knew his address and who sent the package. The return address merely said LYREB Co. and gave a generic address. He could not figure out what it was, but an anime convention was just what he had been hoping for. He swiftly began to pack up his things.
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
Sailor Sedai (Ellf)
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Pale Wolf » Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:01 pm

Andre chuckled as yet another joke about Kiichan's lolicon tendencies executed itself without him.
As far as actions went, what he was doing was simple enough - he was catching up on the IRC logs from when he slept. The fact that he was performing his morning routine at 2:00 in the afternoon had no bearing on the matter.
The doorbell rang. He twitched. It better not be that showerhead guy again...
Slinging his cat out of his lap, he sighed and rushed to the door. Nobody visible through the glass, but whatever.
Andre made one last check that he was presentable, then tugged the door open.
In his mind, a tumbleweed blew past - there was nobody at the step, just a simple package.
He stepped out onto the porch, moving past the mailbox to see if his 'visitor' had hidden himself in the shadow of the garage. Nothing.
"Right, someone at Canada Post needs to get fired, lazy assholes."
Muttering to himself, Andre went back to the door, dragging the package in and shutting the door.
He would've abandoned it as something for his father's veterinary practice, except... It was addressed to Andre 'Pale Wolf' Lopez.
Andre narrowed his eyes. "Who the heck sent this? I'm hardly secretive, but I wouldn't think I'm worth the effort of that kind of research..." He shrugged and pried open the envelope attached to the package.
[Dear Andre Lopez, or should we say Pale Wolf?,
You are hereby invited to the first ever Fukucon, which will be taking place in wonderful Tokyo, Japan, the Azabu-Juuban district of the Minato Ward to be precise. If you do attend, you will be required to cosplay wearing the costume in the package. Also included in the package are plane tickets and your badge that marks you as an attendee of Fukucon. We look forward to seeing you here in Japan.]
Andre idly stroked his loudly-meowing cat. It was an interesting thought - meet the other attendees of Fuku in the flesh. And actually seeing Japan for, essentially, free, would be a damn nice experience.
On the other hand, it really aroused his curiousity - who the heck had gone to all the effort to track him down and invite him to a convention? 'LYREB Co' was a useful way of saying nothing.
But then, Andre was as curious as the cats he liked so much, and there was no way to get a better idea of an answer to that question than by checking it out. Complete heedlessness towards his own safety clinched the deal, and he started his mind working on ways to excuse his absence.
Idly, he opened the package. And blinked. Black 'gothic lolita' style dress, check, although it didn't bother him too much. But...
"Oh, there better be instructions for the makeup."
There is no problem that cannot be solved through the proper application of immense levels of firepower.

- Finally promoted to Spammaster Indeterminate Rank as of June 18, by Stratagemini

<Stratagemini> My Titanium Anus Armour will repel all challengers!

Would you believe this is one of the more tame bits of dirt I've got for him?
Pale Wolf
Fukufics Staffer

Postby camk4evr » Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:26 am

Kevin was busy getting dressed for work when he heard the doorbell ring.
"Damnit! It never fails," he said as he stomped off to answer the door sans shirt. "Nobody calls (or comes to call) unless I'm in the bath, toilet, or dressing."
After looking looking through the peephole and seeing nothing he opened the door to find...a package. "Guess I should tell Mom about this," he muttered as he bent over...and stopped when he saw who it was addressed to. "The hell...Kevin "camk4evr" Carpenter. Is this Chris' idea of a joke," he mumbeld as he picked up the box.
Kevin opened the envelope and, after kicking the door closed, read the note:
[Dear Kevin Carpenter, or should we say camk4evr?,
"If this is a sailor fuku, some one's going to die," he muttered as he opened the box. "Well it's not Chris. There's no way he could afford this," he said looking at the tickets, "and he's the only person I know who knows, my screen name, real name, and address. So who could have sent this."
After a few moments of thought, he shrugged. "Guess I'll find out when I go. Well, whatever this "Lyreb Co." is, at least they timed this right ro fit my vacation schedule. Now what I want to know is.." he reached into the box and pulled out an ear, "How do you put these on?"
camk4evr
Moon Senshi

Postby Light02 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:51 pm

Andy was sitting around playing his video games at home when he recived a knock on his door. He looked up "this better be important I've just about beaten this game." he grumbled as he opened the door.
He blinked when he saw a mail man standing outside his door, he knew something was up cause he lived in the country where the mail doesn't come to his door, he took the letter addressed to Andy "Light02" Hughes and closed the door.
After waiting for the guy to leave he opened and read the letter
[Dear Andy Hughes, or should we say Light02?,
"Free Trip to Japan, sweet I'm in," he said as he checked out his coustume, "well they even got the right close I discribe my vitual self, though I do hope no curses are gonna come my way, no way I want Miho-chan to appear."
Light, The New Avatar of Chaos
Light02
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Lord Aries Greymon » Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:53 pm

Walking outside to check on the downed tree again, Robert finds a pacage on his porch.
What the? Wow, they finally put a package on my porch instead of into the mailbox.
A letter falls from the bottom of the package
Eh? Who the hell is LYREB Co, and why would they send me anything?
Well, might as well see what it is.

After taking the package inside, Robert opens the letter
[Dear Robert Anthony Delaney, or should we say Lord Aries Greymon?,]
Okayyyy, that's not a good sign.
[You are hereby invited to the first ever Fukucon, which will be taking place in wonderful Tokyo, Japan, the Azabu-Juuban district of the Minato Ward to be precise. If you do attend, you will be required to cosplay wearing the costume in the package. Also included in the package are plane tickets and your badge that marks you as an attendee of Fukucon. We look forward to seeing you here in Japan.]
Robert sits there stunned for a few seconds.
So Lord Temple set this up? I didn't know he had a Company that owed him a favor.
What the? ... A Xellos Costume?
*tonk* A Caster Gun? Damn, somebody likes me! Well, time to pack.
Naval Warrior Lord/Lady of Io.
Schizotechnician.
Thermonuclear Firebug.
Character Dossier
Lord Aries Greymon
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Screwball » Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:41 am

Matthew looked at the package suspiciously. He hadn't ordered anyhting recently, and no one had any reason to send him any presents. Much less what felt like... clothes... How odd.
Carefully, he removed the paper from the outside of the parcel. Not that that would help if someone had decided they really didn't like him, but it made him feel better. He was relieved when it turned out that the package was not, in fact, a bomb. Grabbing the peice of paper festing on top of the clothes- he was sure he saw an aquilla on those buttons- he began to read.
[Dear Matthew Thornton, or should we say Screwball?,
"Ooookaaay... This is much odder than I thought it was. No one's talked about a con. On the other hand, it's a free trip to Japan. And a nifty costume. No contest really."
He examined the clothes.
"Is that real gold?!"
After careful study of Number One's biographic work My Ceaseless Quest to Conquer Earth and Destroy its Puny Inhabitants, we have come to the conclusion that the Ghast Empire may well be up to something rum.
Screwball
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Cyber_Skaarj » Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:36 pm

Peter stared at the... rather large... package that he'd dragged up to his... rather small... room. It was bulky, quite heavy, and, in his opinion, not worth the effort to drag upstairs to his room when he really should have opened it downstairs...
"O...K... Now, I know I can't afford anything this big. And I definately haven't entered any competitions in the last several years. So what the hell could this be?"
That said, he set about finding the documentation that would tell him just who would send him something like this.
"Ah-ha! Here we go. Now, let's see..."
[Dear Peter Cobbett, or should we say Cyber_Skaarj?,
After recovering from the shock of a free trip to Japan, he sat down in the chair at his computer desk.
"...Damn! Might as well look at what's in the box I guess."
So saying, he bent over said box and started opening it.
"Bugger! Here's hoping this thing isn't as real as it looks! Sure is cool though..."
"Never send a Henchkitty to do an assassin's job..."
The Devils Creed

Appointed Spammer Rank C By Himitsu, 11th March 2007
Cyber_Skaarj
Moon Senshi

Postby Rei-chan » Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:07 pm

After yet another mind numbing and insanity starting day of work, Jason arrived home. "Now to take a seat, kick back, and see what happens in Spamville. Or maybe log into chat and try to avoid Kii's roaming hands... Hm.. decisions decisions."
As Jason starts to enter his house he sees a package at the door. "Is this the anime I ordered? Hm.. a note is attached." He removes the local neighbor boy's idea of a joke, a post it with a note symbol on top before looking around to see a letter attached. "Hm.. wonder what it says?"
[Dear Jason McKin, or should we say Raleigh/Rei-chan?,
"Sweet. Trip to Japan of all places. I hope I have enough luggage to carry back all the stuff I am no doubt going to buy." He opens the package to find the costume designed for him, a fairly ordinary if somewhat outdated traveling outfit. "Hm.. guess I will be going as Raleigh then. Lyreb... why does that raise alarms in my head?" Jason goes on to begin packing for the trip.
Princess of Charon
Appointed Spammer Rank C By Himitsu September 25, 2006.
I ain't got to explain it. I'm living magic, remember?
Rei-chan
Super Power Senshi

Postby Light02 » Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:32 pm

Andy sat at the terminal in the airport in St. Louis Missouri waiting for his flight to Tokyo via Los Angelas. "I wonder if anyone is taking a flight from there."
"Now boarding flight 978 inbound for LAX" came the loud speakers.
Andy got up and checked his blongings, "welp here we go Fukucon here I come" with that he boards the plane.
Light, The New Avatar of Chaos
Light02
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Sailor Sedai (Ellf) » Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:33 pm

Peter sat in his first class seat on the airplane bound for LAX. LYREB co really put themselves out to have him here. He idly wondered why he was given an Ellf costume complete with Witchblade, but didn't question it as hey, he was going to his third anime convention ever. Too bad his friends couldn't come with, and Fukucon's website just now showed up on the Internet, but hey... it was a con.
Peter shrugged and continued to play his DS, his steak would be there soon. Damn he liked all expense paid trips to Japan... Too bad Airport Security questioned him about what he had in his bags... Luckily none of it was real.
Sailor Sedai (Ellf)
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Cyber_Skaarj » Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:35 am

"Sure makes a change from the cheap seats I usually get..."
It was a change really. Where as before whenever he had flown, Peter had usually travelled in the economy class, this time his tickets had been for first class. His costume had raised more than a few eyebrows in customs, but had passed through OK since, as he was relieved to find out, none of it was real.
He'd searched through the fukufics website and found a few others had posted about going, but that none of them knew much more than he did. He'd not bothered to search for the website for the con, as he had figured that it'd probably be in Japanese (the con being in Japan an' all), which he would be able to read.
"Oh well, might as well relax till I get there. This should be a bit of a shorter flight than the times I went to Australia anyway."
And with that, he returned to reading the Warhammer 40,000 rule book that he'd brought along as "reading material".
"Hmm, Kill Team missions, eh? Gotta make me up an Eldar team to try them out..."
"Never send a Henchkitty to do an assassin's job..."
The Devils Creed

Appointed Spammer Rank C By Himitsu, 11th March 2007
Cyber_Skaarj
Moon Senshi

Postby camk4evr » Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:45 am

"Are you sure this isn't a mistake?" Kevin asked the stewardess as he was shown his seat only to be told, yet again, that it wasn't. "I wonder how I rate being invited to a con let alone a first class ticket?" he mused as he sat down and cracked open one the novels he brought with him to read.
Unfortunately he didn't get far in his reading before he found his mind wandering to the mystery that was Lyreb Co. Afterall, what did he know about it besides the fact that, whoever or whatever Lyreb was, they had an odd sense of humour and that they were generous? After a few minutes of fruitless wondering, he was dragged out of his thoughts by the stewardees' emergency speach.
Ah well, he thought, pulling out a piece of gum and popping it into his mouth, it's too late to get paranoid now. I'll have to wait until I get to Japan to find out. Then, after fastening his safety belt, he began a second attempt at his book.
camk4evr
Moon Senshi

Postby Screwball » Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:28 am

Mattew looked out of the window of the plane as it taxied towarsd the runway. Exactly why the universe, or the mysterious con organiser, was cruel enough to give him a window seat was unknown.
"Why I don't you like planes? Oh YEAH... They involve FLYING..." he muttered to himself, before colsing the shutter on the window, and looking anywhere else he could. After maybe thirty seconds of trying to ignore his situation, and fall asleep, he gave up, and extracted the second Horus Heresy book, False Gods, from his bag. He also used the oppotunity to check that the pills he was to take if his fear of flying got too great were safely inside the bag, and not somehwere inconvienent, like in his suitcase, or left on a table in the terminal.
At least he had a (hopefully) decent con to look forward to after this. Deliberately, he didn't consider the nessecity of flying back from Japan...
After careful study of Number One's biographic work My Ceaseless Quest to Conquer Earth and Destroy its Puny Inhabitants, we have come to the conclusion that the Ghast Empire may well be up to something rum.
Screwball
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Lord Aries Greymon » Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:41 am

Oh joy, first class. Great, now I'm gonna be stuck with a bunch of snobs all day.
Well, at least my stuff won't be going anywhere.
Naval Warrior Lord/Lady of Io.
Schizotechnician.
Thermonuclear Firebug.
Character Dossier
Lord Aries Greymon
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Sailor Sedai (Ellf) » Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:25 am

After finally arriving in LAX, Peter looked at his watch to see what time the plane would take off.
#Now boarding Flight number 94 to Tokyo, Japan at Gate F#
"Well, I guess I should get going."
Peter quickly walked towards the Gate, which happened to be at the OTHER side of where he was. It felt odd, but he could sense something about to happen. His gut was screaming jump, and at that moment he did, jumping over a person who at that very moment tripped and fell forward.
Finally reaching the gate, Peter found he hadn't even broken a sweat. He handed the ticket to the Flight Attendant, and boarded the plane, being directed once again to First Class. A class that was mostly empty save for a sign that stated on it, "Reserved for guests of LYREB co."
Sailor Sedai (Ellf)
Prism Power Senshi

Next

Return to RPG's & Multiple Author Works