Once again! DCG- Crystal Tokyo BESM game. Survival-Horror

Here's where Role Playing, and Multiple Author story threads go. Keep on topic or... in character.... whatever

Re: Once again! DCG- Crystal Tokyo BESM game. Survival-Horror

Postby Alathon » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:37 am

Session 4

[17:01] <Yarrow> All right, who's ready?
[17:01] <Light02> I know the SNES original (well US version) had a very sped up high pitched verison, the PSX version slowed the laugh, simular to the Super Famicom version (yes I'm playing a traslated patch of the original VI hell of alot better than even the original SNES adaptation)
[17:01] <Dorin> I'm here
[17:01] <Pale_Wolf> I'm ready.
[17:01] <Light02> not I yet
[17:01] <Yarrow> How long will you be, Light?
[17:02] <Alathon> here
[17:02] <Light02> not a clue dinner is just about to be served here
[17:03] <Yarrow> Ok, we have three players. We can start if people want.
[17:04] <Dorin> I don't mind either way, oh Queen
[17:04] <Alathon> I'm donw
[17:04] <Yarrow> Anyone who wants to start now, just get into character.
[17:04] <Alathon> wierd, ataru's usually pretty good
[17:05] * Alathon is now known as Alaric
[17:05] * Pale_Wolf is now known as Valery
[17:05] * Dorin is now known as Koizumi
[17:06] <Alaric> (where are we picking up? Alaric was offscreen last session)
[17:06] <Yarrow> Ok, when we left off, Xui-Fei, Valery, and XF's admirer's were working on Metel.
[17:07] <Yarrow> Alaric had gone inside to decompress and Koizumi had gone inside to get warmed up and have a hot meal.
[17:08] <Yarrow> The rain weather has gone from pouring, to clear, to drizzling, pouring, drizzling, clear, drizzling.
[17:08] <Yarrow> A couple of hours (sound right, Pale?) have gone by and work on Metel will be done shortly.
[17:09] <Valery> (Probably, yeah)
[17:09] <Yarrow> Alaric and Koizumi can return to Metel, talk elsewhere, or do something else, if they like.
[17:10] <Yarrow> Koizumi has been given a room in Jake & Chance's suite and given clothing and other necessities.
[17:10] <Valery> (Would there be materials for a tent to put over the repair work? It strikes me that that'd be a good idea for more than one reason :P )
[17:10] <Valery> (And Val would've thought of it at some point, at least)
[17:10] <Yarrow> You manage to get one rigged up.
[17:10] <Koizumi> 9
[17:10] <Valery> (Yes, they can't see us from orbit now!)
[17:11] <Yarrow> Oh, someone bring in a dicebot, please. DCG?
[17:11] <Koizumi> ("Hey, Pilot your floor's all wet. I'm not mopping this up...")
[17:11] <Alaric> (from orbit: "oooh, refugee tent.. let's play 'pin the positron cannon on the helpless humans!'")
[17:11] <Yarrow> ("There's a suspicious looking tent on top of that building, sir." "Hmmm. Better hit it from orbit.")
[17:11] <DCG> eh
[17:11] <DCG> hang on
[17:12] <Valery> (Heh)
[17:12] <Koizumi> ("Damn those orbital satellites, back in my day when you threw up camo on the vehicle, nothing ABOVE the ground level could see it!")
[17:12] * McDice (~PyroRaven@c-76-16-37-215.hsd1.il.comcast.net) has joined #cte
[17:13] <Yarrow> roll 2d6 enemy attack test
[17:13] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6 enemy attack test --> [ 2d6=5 ]{5}
[17:13] * Valery rubs a bit of grease off her cheek. "When we have time I think we may need to repaint... the blizzard paint is pretty, but too visible..."
[17:14] <DCG> (if you consider that most the buildings around you and even rubble is made of crystal, being blue and white is sorts camo.)
[17:14] * Alaric shows up at the repair site cleaned up, his hair a sodden mass of silver.
[17:14] <Koizumi> (Deadpan "Yes, the paint scheme is lovely...I agree whole heartedly")
[17:14] <Yarrow> Where's Koizumi?
[17:15] * Valery waves as Alaric shows up. "Are you feeling better?"
[17:15] * Koizumi now wrapped in something warmer, and not chilled to the bone, stands by quietly. Listening to the work. "Now, the pressing question on my mind...who are you people?"
[17:15] <Yarrow> ("We're ... the A-team!")
[17:15] * Valery blinkblinks.
[17:16] <Valery> "Survivors?"
[17:16] <Alaric> "Actually, yes, a lot."
[17:16] * Alaric looks better, his tail waving lazily rather than hanging motionless behind him.
[17:16] * Koizumi gives her cane a swing. "I'm sorry, wrong way to phrase it. Let's try again. I'm Koizumi, who are you guys?"
[17:17] * Alaric turns to face Koizumi.
[17:17] <Alaric> "I'm Doctor Alaric."
[17:17] <Alaric> "I moonlight as Sailor Nietzsche."
[17:17] * Valery bows slightly from her perch on the helicopter. "Valery Shein... um... Sailor Sophia, I suppose."
[17:18] <Yarrow> "Jake." "Chance."
[17:19] <Alaric> ".. and you're Sailor Phobos, right?"
[17:19] <Yarrow> "I'm still Mai."
[17:19] * Alaric sounds out the word carefully.
[17:19] * Koizumi nods, not looking anywhere but straight ahead, eyes constantly closed. "Thank the kami...Ah, yeah...I guess...was there a senshi recruiting drive I'm not aware of sighing up for, or something?"
[17:19] <Alaric> (aw hell, that name WAS used, wasn't it?)
[17:19] <Alaric> (now I can't remember ;p )
[17:20] <Alaric> "I don't know.. I'd thought we were drafted, as it were, but children have been impacted as well."
[17:20] <Yarrow> It was.
[17:20] * Alaric hesitates, looking a little grim.
[17:20] <Yarrow> By the other one, if no one else.
[17:20] <Alaric> "Perhaps we have.. inherited.. our mantles."
[17:20] <Alaric> "Though how I, a youma, would come to possess this position is quite beyond me. Senshi were human, after all."
[17:20] * Valery winces. "We will need to find out at the palace..."
[17:20] * Koizumi shrugs. "I'd be dead otherwise."
[17:21] * Alaric bites his lip, and looks over at Valery.
[17:21] <Alaric> "How are the repairs going?"
[17:22] * Valery rubs the helicopter's skin. "It still looks a little messy, but she can handle anything we ask of her again."
[17:22] * Koizumi points in the direction of Alaric's voice, speaking softly. "And thank you, for earlier. I feel much better."
[17:23] * Alaric looks back to Koizumi, smiling a little.
[17:23] <Alaric> "Think nothing of it, I was glad to help.. you looked in a bad way back there."
[17:23] <Yarrow> It's pretty obvious that Koizumi has some way of seeing, even if she isn't using her eyes.
[17:23] <Alaric> (we're all too polite to broach the subject ;p )
[17:24] <Yarrow> Jake: "So, any sign of Keiko?"
[17:24] <Alaric> "I'm hesitant to ask, but.. how are things out there?"
[17:24] <Alaric> "We've.."
[17:24] * Alaric looks over at Jake.
[17:24] <Alaric> "No."
[17:25] * Valery winces.
[17:25] <Alaric> "..and I'm almost thankful for that. We need some sort of contingency plan for dealing with a clone of her."
[17:25] <Yarrow> Jake: "Maybe... Better for a Keiko to come back now than when we're all out."
[17:25] <Alaric> "I don't see how we'll be able to logic out the identify of a little kid."
[17:25] <Alaric> "Agreed."
[17:26] <DCG> (kill them all just to be sure)
[17:26] <Alaric> (stupid morals are such a pain in the ass)
[17:27] <Yarrow> Chance: "Things up here have been going well. Rain on and off, and repairs are just about done."
[17:27] * Valery holds up a hand. "Um... I seem to... I don't know, just know things as Sophia... should I give it a try?"
[17:27] * Koizumi simply listens quietly, staring off into space.
[17:28] * Alaric shrugs.
[17:28] <Alaric> "If you think it'll work.. just not for too long."
[17:29] <Alaric> "There seems to be some relationship between how long we remain Senshi, and how long it takes to.. recharge. Or whatever."
[17:29] * Alaric looks over at Koizumi.
[17:29] <Alaric> hopefully, "I don't suppose you have any insight into that?"
[17:29] * Alaric then cringes at the horrible pun he made.
[17:29] <Valery> "Ah... I meant for checking if it's another clone, actually... hm. I wonder if I could find her, though..."
[17:31] * Koizumi snickers at Alaric and shrugs. "I feel more tired and drained after I drop the transformation."
[17:33] <Yarrow> Chance: "We should have taken that clone's body."
[17:34] <Valery> (Didn't it dissolve?)
[17:34] <Valery> (/me remembers it dissolving for some reason)
[17:35] <Yarrow> I think you were more concerned with Metel than watching the body after you shot it.
[17:35] <Valery> (True indeed)
[17:36] <Alaric> "You're right."
[17:36] <Alaric> "..though at least I have a blood sample."
[17:36] * Koizumi shudders at the memory.
[17:36] <Alaric> "Who knows if there's any use we can put a single spot of blood to, though.."
[17:37] <Koizumi> "I just hope they can't make any more."
[17:37] * Alaric shakes his head a little, his ears twitching.
[17:38] <Alaric> "We should operate on the assumption that they have the capacity to make more, and the desire to."
[17:38] <Alaric> "... your clone was much more capable, combat wise, than all but the strongest droids we've faced."
[17:38] * Valery nods. "If they can make one, they can probably make more..."
[17:38] <Alaric> "Even with a three day lifespan, they could be used to attack us."
[17:38] * Koizumi shudders again, rubbing her arms. "It was almost a perfect duplicate"
[17:38] <Alaric> "Hmm.. there was something I'd meant to ask you about. Your.. mind reading?"
[17:38] <Alaric> "How does that work?
[17:39] <Light02> (back)
[17:39] * Light02 is now known as Xui-Fei
[17:39] <Alaric> (wb)
[17:39] <Valery> (Yo yo)
[17:39] * Koizumi shrugs. "I don't know really. It just started not long ago, I guess about the same time most of us noticed these weird powers...maybe. I can pick up thoughts if I concentrate."
[17:40] <Xui-Fei> (we still up topside working on Metal?)
[17:40] <Yarrow> Work is just about done. Alaric & Koi have rejoined you.
[17:40] * Xui-Fei looks up from his lifting nodding to Doc and Blind Swordwoman
[17:41] <Alaric> "What am I thinking of now?"
[17:41] <Koizumi> (am I to assume we're still in power-down mode?)
[17:41] <Yarrow> No, it's been hours.
[17:42] <Koizumi> (oh...-checks for those numbers for mind probing-)
[17:42] * Ataru is now known as Toast
[17:42] <Xui-Fei> "hey doc.....Koizumi was it?"
[17:42] <Toast> (Motherfucking hell)
[17:42] <Valery> (Yo Ataru, what happened?)
[17:42] <Toast> (sorry, my dad promised he'd drive me home)
[17:42] * Koizumi looks at Alaric, concentrating quietly.
[17:42] <Toast> (then he had his sister in law drop me off at the train station)
[17:43] <Yarrow> Roll it, Koi.
[17:43] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : it, Koi. --> error: malformed expression
[17:43] <Toast> (>_<)
[17:43] <Toast> (can someone PM me a summary)
[17:43] <Alaric> (it's two-ish hours later, we're all at Metel with repairs about finished, chatting)
[17:43] <Yarrow> It's only a couple of screens or so if you want to scroll back, Ataru.
[17:43] <Alaric> (Koizumi was inside warming up getting food etc, Alaric was chilling out with Dizzy)
[17:44] <Koizumi> roll 2d6+5
[17:44] <McDice> Koizumi rolled : 2d6+5 --> [ 2d6=11 ]{16}
[17:44] <Alaric> (do I need to make an opposed roll?)
[17:44] <Koizumi> (against whatever defenses Al has...although on that roll)
[17:44] <Koizumi> (opposed mind, if you're resisting, but if you arent, no need)
[17:45] <Toast> (anyone?)
[17:45] <Alaric> (I don't think he really knows how to resist or not resist.. so I'll assume some reflexive resistance)
[17:45] <Alaric> roll 2d6+4
[17:45] <McDice> Alaric rolled : 2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=6 ]{10}
[17:45] <Valery> (Er... Toasty, Ala just told you :P )
[17:45] <Alaric> (does Alaric feel anything?)
[17:46] <Yarrow> Alaric feels nothing.
[17:46] <Alaric> "Er.. are you doing it?"
[17:47] * Koizumi frowns. "What's 'twelve' got to do with anything? Who is Keiko? And...naughty...Doctor...very naughty"
[17:47] <Alaric> "ahh.. that's enough."
[17:47] * Valery blinkblinks.
[17:47] * Xui-Fei blinks
[17:47] * Valery cocks her head.
[17:47] <Alaric> "Your discretion is appreciated."
[17:47] * Alaric says that part a bit firmly.
[17:48] * Koizumi nods and sighs. "We really have to be on guard if they can make more of those clones. You could fill a room with people...anywhere within a good distance."
[17:48] <Alaric> "Keiko is the child-senshi I mentioned earlier. By all appearances, she chased after us when we left her behind here, and is now missing."
[17:48] * Koizumi nods quietly to Alaric, filing that away for later.
[17:49] * Alaric looks over at Valery.
[17:49] <Alaric> "Valery, do you know if there's any way to connect the communicator in Metel to something here at HQ?"
[17:49] <Alaric> "If we're going to go out.. we'll need to stay in touch."
[17:50] <Xui-Fei> "well I can communicate with my computer" gesturing to the computer on his left wrist
[17:50] * Alaric blinks.
[17:50] * Valery purses her lips. "I haven't really had a chance to look into that, but if we can find a reciever somewhere it should be possible."
[17:50] * Alaric looks over at xui-Fei.
[17:51] * Koizumi sighs and sweeps back her hair. "And I'm fairly potent with that telekenesis stuff too...oh sweet kamisama to become more a burden than a help."
[17:51] <Alaric> "Oh.. that's even better, really!"
[17:51] * Valery nods.
[17:51] * Alaric then looks over at Koizumi, a little bothered, ears twitching.
[17:51] <Alaric> "A burden.. what do you mean?"
[17:51] <Alaric> "You haven't been a burden to us, if that's what you're implying.."
[17:52] * Koizumi shrugs. "Not directly, but so easily replicate so much power...it's disturbing"
[17:53] <Alaric> "Their larger droids are more dangerous, at least in combat, mounted with heavy weaponry.. it's the, well.. not knowing who's who, that bothers me the most."
[17:54] * Valery shivers, nodding.
[17:54] * Toast climbs up Valery's back, and onto his shoulder, a peice of Toast clutched in his mouth
[17:54] * Koizumi nods quietly. "As long as they can't easily scan minds, then I don't suppose it's that big an issue."
[17:54] * Alaric hesitates a little, then continues.
[17:54] <Yarrow> (Toast shows off his perverted exhibitionist tendencies.)
[17:54] <Alaric> "I don't think they can.. none of them have indicated they could. They were quite good at attackign us, though."
[17:54] <Toast> (err, toast, lower case)
[17:54] <Toast> (XD)
[17:55] <Yarrow> Jake: "Though Koi's clone might have been able to, since Koi can?"
[17:55] <Alaric> ".. if you don't mind me asking, you seem to have some trouble with your eyesight.. but don't have trouble getting around. How does that work?"
[17:55] <Valery> ('Her', at the moment :P )
[17:56] <Yarrow> (We all know Val's just never going to bother changing back to a man. ;) )
[17:56] <Valery> (Heh)
[17:56] <Alaric> (Doctor Alaric will just give her the pamphlets on gender identity)
[17:56] <Yarrow> (The queen always fixed little problems like that right up.)
[17:56] <Koizumi> "I'm completely blind, my eyes have never worked. But when all these other powers began manifesting, I've picked up a kind of...I guess ultra-sonic eyesight. I can see through hearing, if that makes any sense. Although, I can only map out solid surfaces, I can't see through them..." drops to a mutter. "I hate windows"
[17:56] <Alaric> (er, which way?)
[17:57] <Alaric> (the way the people wanted, or the way the queen figured they'd be best?)
[17:57] <Valery> (The way the queen figured best, of course ;) )
[17:57] <Yarrow> (A good talk with her always straightened people out. So to speak.)
[17:57] <Valery> (/me shivers)
[17:58] * Xui-Fei blinks
[17:58] <Alaric> (hmph.. a thousand years of whitebread humanity.. do we even still have adult stores?)
[17:58] <Yarrow> (Yes. She doesn't have a problem with sex, kinky sex, homosexuality, etc.)
[17:59] <Alaric> (okay, good)
[17:59] <Yarrow> (But if someone's having problems that makes them unhappy, she snaps her fingers and makes them happy.)
[17:59] <Xui-Fei> "not being able to see sucks," he says in agreement, "Sensei had the idea to blindfold me for 3 weeks to work on suitational awereness and blind fighting"
[17:59] <Koizumi> (Sky's influence rippled across even in this timeline)
[17:59] <Alaric> "See through hearing.. does that work in the rain?"
[17:59] <Xui-Fei> "I had more bruses from that 3 weeks then I ever had in my whole time with Sensei
[17:59] <Toast> (lol)
[18:00] * Valery clucks her tongue. "It should. It would look different, but it should work, I think."
[18:00] * Toast continues munching on his toast
[18:00] <Alaric> "All that white noise.."
[18:00] <Koizumi> "It muffles it, just like it dampens sounds. But I've hear thick rain makes even seeing difficult, so it's simply something that affects everyone."
[18:00] * Alaric nods.
[18:00] <Alaric> "As long as it isn't totally crippling.. we were planning to make our next move in the rain, for cover."
[18:00] * Alaric then looks a little abashed.
[18:01] <Alaric> "I'm assuming something, though, aren't I.."
[18:01] <Alaric> "Are you willing to help us fight?"
[18:01] <Alaric> quickly, "I understand that you just got this shoved on you, and you didn't have any say in it."
[18:01] * Valery smiles to herself.
[18:01] <Koizumi> "Not like I have anything better to do, and...I think a little retribution is in order"
[18:02] * Alaric twitches his ears.
[18:02] <Toast> "Yeeeesss, vengeance must be ours!"
[18:02] <Alaric> "You're not the only one..."
[18:02] <Alaric> "Just, please, don't make it your only priority."
[18:02] * Toast looks around... "Did I say that outloud?"
[18:02] * Alaric faces Toast.
[18:02] <Alaric> "Indeed you did."
[18:03] * Valery pats Toasty on the head. "Yes."
[18:03] <Alaric> "..I do not think any of us will think less of you, that your heart cries out for vengeance."
[18:03] <Yarrow> Mai: "I wonder if the bad guys are smart enough to send us two clones and have only one of them turn on us..."
[18:03] * Valery winces.
[18:03] <Yarrow> She doesn't seem particularly concerned and continues cleaning up.
[18:03] * Xui-Fei blinks again
[18:04] * Alaric is brought up short by that.
[18:04] * Alaric looks over at Valery.
[18:04] <Alaric> "If you could ask Sophia.. or however that works.. give it a shot."
[18:05] * Koizumi sighs and shakes her head at Mai's words. "Well, I suppose it's a risk you have to consider for yourselves. I can't really do much more to prove who I am."
[18:05] * Valery blinks, cocking her head. "Ask... what do you want me to ask...?"
[18:06] <Alaric> "Well, you'd mentioned knowing things in your Senshi form.."
[18:07] * Alaric hesitates, then continues.
[18:07] <Alaric> "How do you identify a real Senshi?"
[18:07] * Valery blinks. "I'm... not really sure... I was a little focused on other things before..."
[18:07] <Koizumi> "The Queen could do it...maybe? Or one of the other senshi?"
[18:08] * Koizumi shrugs.
[18:08] <Xui-Fei> "huh you mean there's some way to tell us apart from the rest of the people?"
[18:09] * Alaric shrugs.
[18:09] <Alaric> "It's a shot in the dark.. but, this can't be normal."
[18:09] <Koizumi> "Who knows? I'm not exactly a pro at this"
[18:09] * Alaric waves his hand at.. well.. Senshi-ness.
[18:09] * Valery purses her lips. "Why not...? The senshi appeared in the first place... why couldn't it happen again?"
[18:10] <Alaric> "I.. don't know."
[18:10] <Alaric> frustrated, "None of this makes any sense at all!"
[18:10] <Alaric> "We've been left with cryptic instructions, dots on a map with nearly meaningless labels.."
[18:11] <Alaric> "SOMEONE knew something was coming, and probably that we existed.. or would exist."
[18:11] * Alaric runs his right hand through his hair forcefully.
[18:11] * Valery nods. "Someone left that defence system for us to coordinate, and this building..."
[18:12] * Koizumi sighs and leans back on her cane quietly. "All we can do is move forward, then?"
[18:12] <Yarrow> Jake: "Metel can find senshi but couldn't tell the other Phobos was a fake, right?"
[18:13] * Valery nods. "That's the defensive system that's been transmitting to us... it can't seem to tell the difference, that other one was labelled as an ally as well..."
[18:13] <Yarrow> Jake: "Maybe the mysterious upgrade will help?"
[18:14] * Valery rubs her eyes. "I hope so..."
[18:14] <Toast> "Maybe it's a trap."
[18:14] <Toast> "Like the fake senshi was."
[18:14] <Yarrow> Chance: "Maybe. Or maybe the fake wasn't even looking for us."
[18:14] <Toast> "I say we level the building. If it's a trap it's foiled, if it really is an upgrade, it's out of their hands."
[18:15] <Xui-Fei> "hmm...so you saying the need for this would of come one day or another?
[18:15] * Koizumi remains quiet, not really able to interject anything into this.
[18:15] * Valery flicks Toast's head lightly. "You would."
[18:16] <Xui-Fei> "so your basically sayind someone knew this was comming but wasn't able to train the nessary personel...who in there right mind would stop so short"
[18:16] <Xui-Fei> (back at the palace the queen sneezes)
[18:16] <Alaric> "Good question.. and for that matter, should we trust such a person?"
[18:16] <Alaric> "Should we allow ourselves to be led around by the nose?"
[18:16] <Yarrow> Chance: "And where are the rea--regular senshi?"
[18:16] <Alaric> bleakly, "Dead or fled?"
[18:17] <Xui-Fei> "both possible," he says
[18:17] * Valery sighs. "That's why we need to get to the palace soon so we can find out..."
[18:17] <Alaric> "Hmm.. Xui-Fei, your
[18:17] * Koizumi sighs and nods. "If the palace is in bad shape, that's where they'd be...maybe"
[18:17] <Alaric> "Your Sensei.. if we found him, could we count on him to train normal people to fight at least half-decently?"
[18:18] <Xui-Fei> "yes it's possible"
[18:18] * Alaric mutters, "... train me too.."
[18:18] <Xui-Fei> "basic manuvers and stuff but yes, it'd take too long to train this number to me or even his skill"
[18:18] <Toast> (Toast needs ranks in Stoat-fu)
[18:18] <Alaric> "I don't think we've even really addressed the problem of having a hundred or more traumatized people with nothing much to do hanging around here."
[18:19] <Alaric> "Never mind defending them!"
[18:19] * Valery rubs her eyes. "We're lucky in some respects... at the very least whoever our benefactor is left us enough equipment to work with, plenty of weapons in the armoury, but..."
[18:19] <Koizumi> "Not enough information to get by with, or a secure enough bunker to hide in?"
[18:20] <Toast> "But no one knows how to use them."
[18:20] <Yarrow> Chance: "Well, on our own, we have no idea what to do or even where it's safe. At least our benefactor guided us to equipment and a base."
[18:20] <Xui-Fei> "yes and if we meet him or her they'll have my thanks at least"
[18:21] <Yarrow> Chance: "I'm just saying, we don't have much to go on if we *don't* follow the suggestions."
[18:21] * Valery nods. "Now... I'm not satisfied. Why didn't they do anything but give us equipment? They could have trained people, they have a base of production to have a whole army... These things do need answering, but we've been played straight with so far."
[18:21] * Xui-Fei nods, "agreed we probably need to investigate any lead we can find to at least geta grasp at what in the hell is going on"
[18:22] <Alaric> "We need to capture some of the enemy..."
[18:22] * Alaric looks over at Koizumi.
[18:22] <Yarrow> (There's one! :) )
[18:22] <Alaric> "If we do, are you willing to interrogate them?"
[18:22] * Koizumi nods. "If I can."
[18:22] <Alaric> (Alaric is totally no-selling Mai's suggestion at this point, he can only juggle so much int he way of headgames before shelving it all)
[18:23] <Valery> (Heheheheh)
[18:23] <Valery> (Well, you DO have two interrogators, at least... :P )
[18:24] <Alaric> "... our plan, earlier, was to cause a distraction near the map spot labelled 'upgrade' and investigate it."
[18:24] <Alaric> "Other issues we need to address are, what's going on at the palace, and where is Keiko?"
[18:24] <Toast> ("Who cares about the little window licker?")
[18:25] <Yarrow> (Awww, not going to really say it? :) )
[18:25] <Alaric> ("We need target practice.")
[18:25] <Toast> "Who cares about the little window licker?"
[18:25] * Alaric shoots Toast a reproving glance.
[18:25] * Valery blinks. "... Window licker?"
[18:25] * Toast grumbles about dumb brats with freakish strength
[18:25] <Alaric> "She may have been exceptionally vexing, Toast, but.."
[18:25] * Alaric trails off.
[18:25] <Toast> "What? She's probably strangling droids with her jump rope."
[18:25] * Alaric hesitates for a moment.
[18:25] <Alaric> "Okay, I'm glad she's gone too. There, happy?"
[18:25] * Koizumi keeps her face neutral while listening to the myrid conversation.
[18:26] * Alaric lashes his tail back and forth.
[18:26] <Yarrow> Jake: "Chance and I were terrified someone would suggest she bunk with us."
[18:27] <Toast> "She almost killed me!"
[18:27] * Valery frowns. "She's... a handful, but she's still just a child..."
[18:27] <Koizumi> "Sounds like you were having a delightful time with her"
[18:27] <Alaric> "Yeah, well, if you had to bunk with her, I'd have to babysit her the rest of the time."
[18:27] * Alaric looks over at Toast.
[18:27] <Alaric> "and yeah, there's that too.."
[18:27] * Alaric takes a deep breath, and sighs.
[18:27] <Alaric> "None of which changes the fact that she's out there somewhere, possibly being cloned, and that we need to account for the possibly of a clone of her returning here."
[18:28] <Toast> "Can we kill it?"
[18:28] <Alaric> "And no matter how much she vexes us, 'shoot on sight' is not an option, if only because we cannot count on the people here winning a fight with her."
[18:29] * Alaric looks around hopefully.
[18:29] * Valery rubs her eyes. "If it's a clone we probably should kill it, but... ugh..."
[18:29] <Alaric> "Surely someone has a good idea as to how to deal with this?"
[18:29] <Alaric> "We're not going to sit around here forever, waiting.."
[18:29] <Yarrow> Jake says to Koi: "She was a kid. With super powers. Who wanted to 'help' us. Normal kids are bad enough."
[18:29] <Toast> "I can mine the hell outta the entrance."
[18:30] <Alaric> (oh god I want to say yes)
[18:30] * Koizumi bites her lip at the suggestion, but says nothing.
[18:30] <Alaric> "Our people might need to use the entrances and exits."
[18:30] <Valery> "We could try to have the people who take her back in bring her to a contained area, but... we can't bet that they can..."
[18:30] <Alaric> (I want to come back from a mission and see our HQ plastered with Keikobits)
[18:30] * Alaric closes his eyes and massages his forehead.
[18:31] <Alaric> "Okay, how about this, we leave Keiko instructions to meet us at some random spot away from here."
[18:31] <Yarrow> Chance: "If we're going for the upgrade, maybe we should go out and get back as quickly as possible. It might help us with the clone problem, and it might take a while to clone someone, anyway."
[18:32] * Alaric looks over at Chance.
[18:32] * Valery nods. "Okay... and then we check her there, if... one of her... shows up?"
[18:32] <Alaric> "Probably wishful thinking, but hey.. we can hope."
[18:32] * Alaric looks at Valery.
[18:32] <Alaric> "Exactly. At least if things turn ugly, it won't be here."
[18:32] <Alaric> "and unless her clone is here to massacre everyone, it'll probably go along with it."
[18:32] <Alaric> "And if it's really her, she'll go along with it.. maybe."
[18:32] * Valery coughs. "Um..."
[18:33] <Valery> "That's precisely why I don't want one of those clones getting in... Phobos was... very..."
[18:33] * Valery shivers.
[18:33] <Yarrow> Chance: "If you want really wishful thinking, maybe a clone of her wouldn't even know where this building is, unless they managed to get Keiko to talk."
[18:33] <Yarrow> Chance frowns as she says the last part. "... never mind."
[18:33] <Alaric> to Chance, "Yeah, no doubt they'll have great trouble getting an eight year old to.. yeah."
[18:34] * Alaric looks around.
[18:34] <Alaric> "Any better ideas?"
[18:34] <Koizumi> "Not a one"
[18:34] <Toast> "You guys don't like my ideas."
[18:34] <Yarrow> The NPCs shake their heads.
[18:34] * Valery purses her lips. "Your idea is a good one... as long as nobody opens the door to her, they at least have a chance."
[18:34] <Alaric> "if not, let's pick some open space.. a park or something, where it'd be hard to hide a hundred droids."
[18:35] * Alaric looks over at Toast.
[18:35] <Alaric> "Your idea has merit, Toast, but isn't feasible."
[18:35] <Xui-Fei> "well titan park would work...unless that lady is still there"
[18:35] <Alaric> "At least in part because if I become seperated from the group, I do not want the precedent to be "kill on sight""
[18:36] <Alaric> (presumably we can just pick some spot on a map)
[18:36] <Yarrow> Chance: "You're a wise man, Alaric."
[18:36] <Toast> "There's always my park."
[18:36] <Koizumi> "A solid voice of reason, at least"
[18:36] * Valery covers a slight chuckle.
[18:36] <Toast> "Of course, it's a giant smoking crater now..."
[18:36] <Alaric> "Badly out of my league is what I am.. but thank you, nonetheless."
[18:36] <Alaric> to toast, "That sounds ideal."
[18:37] <Alaric> "If we have to wreck it, nobody will miss it."
[18:37] * Alaric looks up -- what's the weather like just now?
[18:38] * Valery nods. "Now... hm. We need to find one of those glass droids and see whether they show up on Metel's scanners, or they could fill the park with them..."
[18:38] <Yarrow> It's currently drizzling. But you hear a rumble of thunder in the distance. At least, you're pretty sure it's thunder.
[18:38] <Koizumi> "I can detect some of them...but they can detect me in turn"
[18:38] <Alaric> (they just dropped an asteroid on the palace.. we have about 5 seconds before the shockwave hits)
[18:39] * Valery frowns, looking off that way.
[18:39] <Yarrow> Mai: "Oh? I was wondering why all the droids in the neighborhood suddenly started heading for our rooftop."
[18:39] <Valery> "Looks like it's about to start raining again..."
[18:39] <Koizumi> "Hey, how was I suppose to know...it was just one in particular. Lesson learned"
[18:39] * Koizumi taps her cane in irritation.
[18:39] <Toast> (wait, what?)
[18:40] <Yarrow> (A reference to Koi's solo.)
[18:40] * Alaric frowns.
[18:40] <Alaric> "Do you need your.. echosounding, in Senshi form?"
[18:40] * Valery purses her lips. "Yeah... maybe we should try avoiding that if we can, we're so outnumbered we really need to hide..."
[18:40] * Xui-Fei blinks contempating that
[18:41] <Koizumi> "It's my primary means of seeing."
[18:41] <Alaric> "... and it will attract droids."
[18:41] * Alaric ponders this.
[18:41] <Alaric> "What's your secondary mean? And do you need it as ASenshi?"
[18:42] <Koizumi> "Only a particular type. I suppose I could turn it off, if there's a need"
[18:43] * Koizumi sighs. "My hearing is my only other useful sense. And yes, I do to 'see' but I can fight without it. So long as I can hear the enemy"
[18:43] <Xui-Fei> "that might be usefull aginst the glass types"
[18:43] <Alaric> "I hate to ask this, but when we're sneaking around..."
[18:43] * Alaric trails off deliberately.
[18:44] <Koizumi> "If you want to hold my hand, sure."
[18:45] <Alaric> "Better than bringing down a horde of droids."
[18:45] <Alaric> (did you ever answer the senshi question, or did I miss it?)
[18:45] * Koizumi nods. "We'll so what we have to"
[18:45] <Koizumi> And yes, I do to 'see' but I can fight without it. So long as I can hear the enemy")
[18:46] <Alaric> "As long as you've got your Senshi form to fall back on, so you can get around if things turn ugly, we should be able to make this work."
[18:46] <Alaric> "Now.."
[18:46] * Alaric looks around the group.
[18:46] <Alaric> "Upgrade or Palace?"
[18:48] * Koizumi shrugs.
[18:49] <Toast> "I'm not sure I trust 'upgrade'"
[18:49] * Valery purses her lips. "In the end we should go to both..."
[18:50] <Koizumi> "Valery
[18:50] <Koizumi> grr)
[18:50] <Koizumi> "Valery's probably right"
[18:51] <Yarrow> Jake: "If we're doing both, I'd rather have an upgrade before going to the palace."
[18:51] <Xui-Fei> "agree, we don't know what to expect if we head to the palace as is"
[18:51] <Toast> "We don't know what to expect at upgrade either."
[18:52] <Alaric> ".. rationally, we must assume heavy opposition at the palace, if there is anyone left there to resist."
[18:52] <Alaric> "And we are not equipped to face armies of droids."
[18:52] <Valery> "We do to some extent, since we went by it just yesterday..."
[18:54] <Yarrow> Chance: "Whatever Val thinks is best, if you're asking me."
[18:54] <Yarrow> Mai assumes no one is asking her.
[18:54] <Alaric> "Okay, for lack of a better idea, and fearing heavy opposition at the palace, I say Upgrade."
[18:55] <Koizumi> "You are the pilot, after all, aren't you, Val?"
[18:55] <Alaric> "We don't seem to have been sold out yet by the radar thing, unless you count the clone."
[18:56] * Valery nods. "Yes... so far it's only seemed to make errors, so we should double-check, but we've been better off for following its advice so far..."
[18:56] <Yarrow> It starts to rain harder.
[18:57] <Toast> "Either way, the rain should make some decent cover."
[18:57] <Alaric> a little frustrated, "And we might as well do something, we aren't coming up with any genius solutions as it is."
[18:58] <Alaric> "I'll go find Dizzy and see how she feels about the 'lead Keiko off' plan."
[18:58] <Toast> "Hey, there's an idea."
[18:58] * Valery nods. "Better to get started on a bad plan than sit around waiting for a perfect one..."
[18:58] <Toast> "We could send Keiko to the palace and see what happens!"
[18:59] <Koizumi> "I agree with Valery, again..."
[18:59] <Alaric> "Toast, you are a bad influence."
[18:59] * Koizumi giggles some.
[18:59] <Yarrow> Jake nods and cheerfully says, "Yeah! Val's the master of bad plans!"
[18:59] * Toast pulls a cigarette out of stuff space "Oh yeaaah... Somebody light me."
[18:59] * Valery sweatdrops. "Did you have to put it that way...?"
[19:00] <Koizumi> (were there any potential to Mai's evil, this would be where I send a ball of fire right past the tip of the cig)
[19:00] <Yarrow> Jake: "Yep!"
[19:01] * Alaric heads off to get that done.
[19:02] <Alaric> (I want some action dammit! everyone tie up your loose ends, I crave combat!)
[19:02] <Yarrow> Jake takes a blowtorch to the end of Toast's cigarette. It lights, but unfortunately, about 1/3 of it intsantly turns into ash.
[19:02] <Koizumi> (good thing it wasn't a Cuban)
[19:03] * Valery coughs slightly. "I suppose being the master of bad plans is better than being the master of comedically-bad plans..."
[19:03] <Yarrow> Jake: "There ya go."
[19:03] * Toast puffs away
[19:03] <Toast> "Two out of three ain't bad."
[19:03] * Toast blows a few smoke rings
[19:03] <Yarrow> Jake: "So, how are we getting to the upgrade and what sort of distraction are we making?"
[19:04] * Valery glances at Toast. "Try not to blow up too much of the city."
[19:04] <Xui-Fei> "yeah we probably want it realtivly in tact to rebuild"
[19:06] * Koizumi sighs. "What information do we have?"
[19:06] <Valery> "Not much... we know the Nemesis droids are swarming over the area, but..."
[19:08] <Xui-Fei> "Nemesis?"
[19:08] <Valery> (We covered this already, that's what the radar said they were from...)
[19:08] <Xui-Fei> (ah yea but that still doesn't me I know where Nemesis is)
[19:09] <Xui-Fei> "makes them sound like they are from another planet, there controlers from what I saw are human"
[19:09] <Valery> "Why does it have to be another planet? Nemesis could just as easily be a country, if there were any livable land on the Earth..."
[19:10] * Koizumi bites her lip, but says nothing.
[19:10] <Yarrow> Mai: "Doesn't really matter now, does it? Either one can kill you just as easily."
[19:11] <Toast> "Aren't you already dead?"
[19:11] <Yarrow> Mai: "Yes, so I should know."
[19:11] <Valery> "Well... that's probably why she said 'you' instead of 'us'..."
[19:12] <Toast> "So... do you like, eat brains now or something?"
[19:13] <Yarrow> Mai shrugs. "I don't think so. I haven't felt hungry at all."
[19:13] * Xui-Fei blinks at that
[19:14] * Koizumi shakes her head.
[19:16] <DCG> (who's mai? think i was passed out for that session)
[19:16] <Yarrow> Mai: "Unless you're planning to go at night, shouldn't you be making final arrangements to get the upgrade?"
[19:18] <Yarrow> (She's a dead friend of Xui-Fei's.)
[19:18] <Xui-Fei> (who now is out looking for the prefect girl for him)
[19:18] <Toast> (does law-ohki annoy anyone else?)
[19:19] <Alaric> (a little)
[19:19] <Alaric> (what's he doing now?)
[19:19] <Xui-Fei> "we are probably at more of a disadvantage at night compared to those droids"
[19:19] <Toast> (oh nothing in particular)
[19:19] <Toast> (I was just curious)
[19:19] <Yarrow> (A bit, yes. But if you want to get to some action this session, you might want to focus on advancing the plot.)
[19:20] <Koizumi> (She's actually preparing how to turn Xui into supper, but we won't see that one for a little while)
[19:20] * Alaric will return to Metel in a minute or three.
[19:20] <Toast> (Toasts suggestions aren't going to be taken seriously, so I'm waiting on them)
[19:20] <Koizumi> "Mai probably has a point, we might just do better in acting, rather than continuing to talk it out"
[19:21] * Valery nods. "We don't know how well they can see, so... everyone get ready? Metel's good to go."
[19:21] <Xui-Fei> "been ready sense this morning"
[19:21] <Yarrow> Jake: "So, we land Metel somewhere not too far from upgrade but not close enough for them to hear us and then Unleash the Stoat?"
[19:22] * Valery nods. "Yes... I think we were planning on that after we picked up our 'allies'..."
[19:22] <Xui-Fei> "so lets go then"
[19:23] <Xui-Fei> (geeze were worse than a episode of Buffy we make to much with the Yak Yak)
[19:23] * Valery combs out her hair a bit, and then hops into Metel, waiting in the cockpit.
[19:24] <Yarrow> Everyone except Mai piles into Metel.
[19:24] * Koizumi follows all in, prepared to go.
[19:25] <Valery> (Er... can we presume we took down the tent from above it, first? ^^; )
[19:25] * Alaric leans out of the chopper and speaks to Mai.
[19:25] <Alaric> "Sorry we're in such a rush.. ask around for Dizzy, she can get you set up!"
[19:25] <Yarrow> Someone takes down the tent before that, however.
[19:26] <Alaric> "Please don't turn out to be an evil flesh eating zombie that kills everyone while we're away!"
[19:26] <Yarrow> Mai cocks her head at Alaric. "And what do I need?"
[19:26] <Yarrow> She shrugs.
[19:26] <Yarrow> Mai: "I'll try not to."
[19:26] <Alaric> "Thanks!"
[19:26] <Koizumi> ("If you get hungry, try not to eat anybody")
[19:26] * Alaric ducks back inside.
[19:27] <Yarrow> Val takes Metel through some extensive preflight checks before taking her up.
[19:27] * Xui-Fei mentally preps himself for another fight
[19:27] <Valery> (I figured the preflight was part of the repairs anyway ;) )
[19:28] <Yarrow> And shortly after that, you're up in the air.
[19:28] <Yarrow> How close to Upgrade are you taking Metel, Val?
[19:28] <Toast> (/me stoats the door gun, "Yeah, yeah, get some, get some.")
[19:28] <Koizumi> (then a skud impacts the tail rotor, we spin out of control, and everyone dieS)
[19:29] <Valery> (No closer than a couple blocks, I'd think?)
[19:29] <Yarrow> So... is a couple of blocks away your final answer?
[19:29] <Toast> (a couple of blocks is pretty close)
[19:30] <Toast> (I'd say further)
[19:30] <Yarrow> Or do you want to talk it over with the others?
[19:30] <Toast> "Don't take us in too close, even in the rain, we're rather noticable."
[19:31] <Alaric> (a couple of blocks is very, very close to a helicopter)
[19:31] <Valery> (This is true... hm)
[19:31] <Alaric> (more like a half a mile)
[19:31] <Valery> (Out of sight?)
[19:31] <Alaric> (or a kilometer)
[19:31] <Xui-Fei> (yeah)
[19:31] <Alaric> (we can cover that in 5-10 minutes)
[19:31] <Alaric> "I'm thinking more along the lines of a kilometer out."
[19:32] <Alaric> "We can cover that in around ten minutes, less if we hurry, and it will give Toast time to place explosives."
[19:32] <Yarrow> Jake: "How will Toast get there before the rest of you?"
[19:32] * Valery nods. "Right... don't mind if I lag behind, please."
[19:33] <Alaric> "He burrows really fast.. I think."
[19:33] <Valery> ("We could drop him from the chopper...")
[19:33] * Alaric looks over at Toast.
[19:33] <Toast> "I can assume human form and teleport."
[19:33] <Alaric> "You'd said something about that.. and there's that too."
[19:33] * Valery brings it down in an open-ish space about a kilometer out.
[19:33] <Alaric> "Speaking of which.. Toast, can you rig several buildings, each to go off around four or five minutes after the other?"
[19:33] <Yarrow> Jake: "Sounds good. We'll watch Metel."
[19:34] <Toast> (can I Yarrow?)
[19:34] <Alaric> "So it seems like there's someone actively doing something, someone for the droids to chase.."
[19:34] <Yarrow> Toast can make explosions, but these aren't small buildings in this area.
[19:34] <Toast> (...)
[19:34] * Valery nods. "Thanks, Jake..."
[19:35] <Yarrow> But he could certainly make explosions that seem to be going off in a path away from Upgrade.
[19:35] <Toast> (look, I discussed this plan with dcg a couple of weeks ago, plus i have that stockpile of explosives from my first session)
[19:35] <Toast> (If you want to come down on Toast's abilities, fine, but can it please wait until after this session?)
[19:36] <DCG> (some one beep ?)
[19:36] <Yarrow> Why are you discussing something that will be happening in-session with DCG when he's not the one GMing currently?
[19:36] <Toast> (weeks ago)
[19:36] <DCG> (like two weeks ago? he was saying how his powers useless, i explaned all the options that its capablie of doing)
[19:38] <Yarrow> If you want to blow all the explosives you got from your first session, you can blow one building or damage two and set them on fire.
[19:38] <Toast> (all the explosives?)
[19:39] <Yarrow> Bigger than grenades in jars and the like, yes.
[19:40] <Toast> (give me a minute to think about this)
[19:40] <Yarrow> No problem. We'll take a short break. People want 5 minutes or 10?
[19:41] <Valery> (Either works for me)
[19:41] <Koizumi> (maybe you don't have to bring buildings down, but a series of delayed, flashy explosions?)
[19:41] <Alaric> (10 is good, I need to use the toilet)
[19:41] <Yarrow> 10 minute break.
[19:41] <Valery> (Righto.)
[19:51] <Toast> (quick question, was my sheet in early enough, or do I have to use the old one?)
[19:52] <Yarrow> You can use the new one.
[19:53] <Toast> (ok, cool)
[19:53] <Valery> (Back, yo)
[19:53] <Toast> (How much ap is need to wreck a building again?)
[19:53] <Toast> (4 ranks?)
[19:54] <Valery> (Yup)
[19:54] <Valery> (Some Area, too, don't forget that.)
[19:54] <Alaric> (back)
[19:54] <Yarrow> That's for a small office building (6 floors). We're talking about mostly large office buildings with some medium ones here.
[19:54] <Valery> (You could probably also do Targeted: Static Structures if you really wanted to do demolition work.)
[19:57] <Alaric> (ooh, there's another house rule that probably din't get passed on: no 'targeted' early in the game)
[19:57] <Alaric> (since it leads to massive damage inflation)
[19:57] <Toast> (yep)
[19:58] <Alaric> (and we're only fighting one enemy type, mostly)
[19:58] <Toast> (fucking kill me now)
[19:58] <Toast> (christ)
[19:58] <Valery> (Ah yes, heheh.)
[20:01] <Koizumi> (Silly people)
[20:01] <Toast> (how much damage does a weapon need to do with 4 ranks of AP?)
[20:04] <Yarrow> For these buildings? Mm, over 50, unless he finds a smaller one, in which case, 40.
[20:04] <Toast> (fuck)
[20:04] <Toast> (that's impossible without targeted)
[20:04] <Yarrow> Or over 60 if he picks one of the larger ones.
[20:04] <Toast> (the most I can do, is what, 25?)
[20:04] <Yarrow> Well, multiple charges is a possibility.
[20:05] <Toast> (you said it wasn't)
[20:05] <Yarrow> I don't recall saying that.
[20:06] <Toast> (you didn't want me being able to fill a building with explosives, remember?)
[20:06] <Yarrow> In any case, I want your course of action within 5 minutes.
[20:06] <Toast> (So I can only create as many as I have cp for)
[20:07] <Alaric> (um.. why would that be the case?)
[20:07] <Alaric> (the cp cap is per item isn't it?)
[20:07] <Yarrow> Yes, but since you have to go by the benchmarks per each item, you can make more than one.
[20:07] <Yarrow> I'm going by a total cp cap for all items.
[20:08] <Toast> (wait, what?)
[20:08] <Toast> (can you explain that a bit?)
[20:08] <Yarrow> Explain which part?
[20:09] <Toast> (a total cp cap?)
[20:09] <Yarrow> With power flux, you can create items whose total cp cost doesn't exceed what power flux gives you.
[20:10] <Yarrow> Whether that be 1 item (subject to benchmarks), 2 weaker items, etc.
[20:10] <Toast> (right)
[20:10] <Toast> (so, yeah, I can't make multiple charges)
[20:10] <Toast> (as I'm limited to 20cp)
[20:11] <Toast> (unless I can find more defects to slap on)
[20:11] <Yarrow> You can, if their total cost doesn't exceed 20. I was just mentioning it if the benchmarks were stopping one charge from being powerful enough.
[20:11] <Toast> (yarrow, it does 25 damage at the cap)
[20:11] <Toast> (which is 10cp of weapon)
[20:11] <Toast> (that's not including cp cost for area, or ap)
[20:12] <Yarrow> Here's my suggestion. Use Power flux plus 1/2 your cache of explosives on two buildings to destroy both of them.
[20:12] <Toast> (there's no way I'll be able to make more than one)
[20:13] <Valery> (Er... Toast, they're Items. Half-cost.)
[20:14] <Toast> (you can take weapons as items?)
[20:14] <Valery> (... They're bombs.)
[20:15] <Yarrow> If items couldn't have the weapon attribute, you couldn't very well make bombs...
[20:15] <Toast> (sweet, this changes things)
[20:15] <DCG> ( two big buildings sounds like a hell of a destraction to me)
[20:16] <Toast> (hey! you just told me not to blow my entire explosives stash)
[20:16] <Toast> (quit flip flopping ;p)
[20:17] <Yarrow> Toast teleports away to set bombs.
[20:17] <Yarrow> The rest of you can act/roleplay/etc.
[20:18] * Alaric peers around for hostiles.
[20:18] * Valery stretches out, pulling a raincoat over herself, and waves goodbye to Jake and Chance before starting the walk.
[20:18] <Alaric> "Anyone see anything, hear anything.. smell anything out of place?"
[20:18] <Alaric> (Alaric is indeed wearing a raincoat ;p )
[20:18] <Toast> (Toast will have mentioned he will probably only be able to bring down one building)
[20:18] <Alaric> (K)
[20:19] * Valery shakes her head. "No... I don't think so..."
[20:19] <Valery> (Though, presume I'm making spot checks :P )
[20:19] <Yarrow> Nothing seems out of place for a ruined city.
[20:20] * Koizumi listens quietly, and takes a breath, concentrating on containing her strongest sense.
[20:21] <Alaric> quietly, "I suppose we'd best keep our voices down, and get a move on.."
[20:21] * Valery nods.
[20:22] <Alaric> "And stay close to the buildings we move by.. under awnings and such if they have any."
[20:22] <Alaric> "...we probably should have looked for a good approach, but we're on the clock now."
[20:22] * Alaric says the last bit with a little chagrin.
[20:22] <Valery> "Yeah... at least we know better for next time..."
[20:23] * Xui-Fei nods as he moves towards the mission front as quietly as possible
[20:23] * Koizumi just keeps her ears out and follows close on the heels of whoever she happens to be closest to.
[20:23] * Alaric follows Xui-Fei.
[20:24] <Alaric> (how heavy is the rain now?)
[20:24] <Yarrow> You stealthily work your way toward the Upgrade building.
[20:24] <Yarrow> The rain is pretty hard but not quite pouring right now.
[20:25] * Valery is probably breathing a little harder than ideal after a little while.
[20:26] <Alaric> quietly, "Xui-Fei, if you could, let HQ know that we've landed safely?"
[20:28] * Xui-Fei nods
[20:28] * Koizumi makes a soft grab for someone, whispering. "Something is nearby..."
[20:28] * Xui-Fei brings up his wirst computer about to say something when Koi alerts
[20:29] * Valery freezes, looking around, whispering back. "Where?"
[20:29] <Alaric> quietly, "Let's try to circle around it, if possible."
[20:29] * Koizumi points in the direction with her cane. "It's a good several yards, I don't think it knows about us. I don't hear any kind of pulse"
[20:30] * Xui-Fei nods following
[20:30] * Alaric will point to whatever the nearest off-route path would take us around where she's pointing
[20:30] * Alaric will tap Koizumi on the shoulder as he passes her.
[20:31] * Valery nods, and follows Alaric carefully.
[20:32] * Xui-Fei waits to after we are sure the coast is clear before sending the info to HQ
[20:32] * Koizumi makes her way along carefully with the others.
[20:33] <Yarrow> You carefully take another path and avoid the droid.
[20:33] <Alaric> (the Noid Droid?)
[20:33] <Toast> (lol)
[20:33] * Valery tries to get a view of it as she moves, but focuses on staying out of sight and quiet.
[20:33] * Alaric keeps going, watching carefully for anything out of the ordinary.. like rain pouring off something that isn't visible, say.
[20:35] * Xui-Fei brings up his wrist computer, "uh.." he says softly, "this is Xui-fei to HQ reporting we have landed and moving to target, out"
[20:35] * Koizumi just keeps listening hard, frowning at the mixed blessing of the rain.
[20:38] * Alaric keeps going until we reach the target, or observe someone/something moving or out of the ordinary
[20:39] <Alaric> quietly, "Once we're in sight, we take cover and wait."
[20:39] * Valery does the same, keeping quiet unless she sees something, other than the heavy breathing.
[20:39] * Valery nods.
[20:39] <Yarrow> roll 1d100
[20:39] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 1d100 --> [ 1d100=74 ]{74}
[20:39] <Yarrow> Just what is your target, btw?
[20:39] <Valery> (Here's hoping that's a good thing)
[20:40] <Alaric> (the building marked 'Upgrade', that was swarming with droids previously)
[20:40] <Valery> (I presume we're going to wait a bit outside of that until the distraction goes off)
[20:40] <Yarrow> Well, I know you're not going right up to the door before the explosions... so where are you going to be waiting?
[20:40] <Alaric> (in an alleyway, or in an ornate/deep doorway)
[20:41] <Yarrow> Ok, you make your way to an alley across the street from Upgrade and wait.
[20:41] <Alaric> (some place that puts us out of line-of-sight from the target, so if there's defenders, and they start looking around when shit goes down, we aren't seen)
[20:41] * Valery leans back against the wall as they arrive, and focuses on getting her breath back.
[20:42] * Xui-Fei crouchs down waiting for the moment to rush in
[20:42] <Toast> roll 2d6+8
[20:42] <McDice> Toast rolled : 2d6+8 --> [ 2d6=2 ]{10}
[20:42] * Koizumi takes quiet shelter, leaning on her cane. "This really sucks..."
[20:42] <Toast> (fuck)
[20:42] <Toast> (I fucking hate my life)
[20:42] <Toast> roll 2d6+8
[20:42] <McDice> Toast rolled : 2d6+8 --> [ 2d6=5 ]{13}
[20:42] <Toast> roll 2d6+8
[20:42] <McDice> Toast rolled : 2d6+8 --> [ 2d6=8 ]{16}
[20:42] <Yarrow> Wait.
[20:45] * Toast is now known as Ataru
[20:45] <Alaric> (?)
[20:45] <Ataru> (dead)
[20:45] <Ataru> (like, dead dead)
[20:45] <Yarrow> There's a bright flash and the ground shakes.
[20:45] <Ataru> (you do get your distraction though)
[20:45] <Valery> (Oh dear)
[20:45] <Alaric> (ouch)
[20:46] <DCG> (it isnt like d20 critfails)
[20:46] <Valery> (/me pats Ataru.)
[20:46] * Valery sees the flash, and comes off the wall, waiting for the droids' reaction.
[20:46] <Yarrow> A critfail on rigging up a timer for a bomb kinda has only 1 obvious result...
[20:46] <Alaric> quietly, "wait.. thirty seconds"
[20:47] * Valery nods.
[20:47] * Alaric counts silently, his lips moving.
[20:47] * Xui-Fei nods
[20:47] <Yarrow> There's a loud rumbling and you see a large building on the other side of Upgrade shudder and gracefully collapse.
[20:48] <Yarrow> Droids rush in that direction.
[20:49] <Alaric> quietly, "That's our cue."
[20:49] * Xui-Fei gets up
[20:49] * Valery waits a few more seconds for more to leave, and then slips out towards Upgrade.
[20:49] <Alaric> quietly, "I really hope they *all* went."
[20:50] * Alaric follows Valery.
[20:50] * Koizumi stays close behind, hand on Alaric's shoulder.
[20:50] <Yarrow> You rush toward the building, trying to stay low and quiet.
[20:50] <Xui-Fei> "if they didn't they won't last long to warn the others," he says quitely
[20:50] <Alaric> (and against the buildings to our side)
[20:52] <Yarrow> Nerves are strained as you cross the street to reach the building, but there's no indication you've been noticed.
[20:52] <Ataru> (don't get too down guys, Toast will be back in 12 in game hours)
[20:52] <Valery> (Whoo!)
[20:52] <Valery> (And, our characters would get down, but they don't know he's gone yet :P )
[20:53] <Yarrow> There's a set of glass doors to the lobby to the left with a couple of zerkers standing outside facing away from the group, and to the right is what looks like a closed emergency door.
[20:54] * Valery tsks and moves up to the emergency door, looking for the controls.
[20:54] <Yarrow> There's no handle or control panel on the outside.
[20:54] * Alaric looks arounds -- is the power out?
[20:55] <Alaric> (i.e. is there anything to make an alarm go off?)
[20:55] * Valery frowns, looking back and whispering to Koizumi. "Didn't you say you were telekinetic...?"
[20:55] <Yarrow> There are lights coming from some of Upgrade's windows.
[20:56] * Xui-Fei checks to see if he can access anything of this buildings functions
[20:56] <Koizumi> "Yes, I am."
[20:56] <Yarrow> Xui-Fei taps away at his ESC. The emergency door shows up on it as being locked.
[20:57] <Yarrow> You might be able to access building-wide functions, but you might want to wait until you're inside first.
[20:57] <Yarrow> Before poking around.
[20:58] <Yarrow> The last time you tried that without being in a secure place was in the subway tunnel...
[20:58] <Valery> "Do you think you could give this door a push from inside?"
[20:58] * Xui-Fei looks at the group and says softly, "I think I can access the building but I think we better get inside before I toy with it"
[20:58] <Koizumi> "Would that still set off the alarm?"
[20:59] <Yarrow> That's just for building-wide functions, though. Giving commands to the emergency door should be a snap.
[20:59] * Valery clicks her tongue, frowning. "True... but it's either that or fight through two of those huge ones, if Xui-Fei doesn't think it's possible to open the door with that console..."
[21:00] * Koizumi shrugs. "If you want me to give it a try, it shouldn't be too hard."
[21:01] <Alaric> quietly, "As far as I'm concerned, go for it.."
[21:01] <Valery> (I'm waiting for Xui to say he can open the door, like Yarrow just clarified :P )
[21:01] <Alaric> quietly, "I could probably kick it off it's hinges..."
[21:01] <Yarrow> (So am I...)
[21:01] <Alaric> quietly, "but not quietly."
[21:02] * Koizumi begins feeling along the door with a frown. "Problem is...I don't know if I can have that much accurate control or not...I could probably rip it off it's hinges...What if I lifted someone up to a window or something on a higher floor? If we can't get this open?"
[21:02] * Xui-Fei blinks looking again, "ok I got it," he says unlocking the doors
[21:02] * Koizumi nods. "Good, problem solved."
[21:03] * Valery smiles. "Excellent, thanks Xui."
[21:03] <Yarrow> Xui-Fei unlocks the emergency door in front of you (choosing NO to the query about setting off the alarm) and has it open.
[21:03] <Alaric> quietly, "Lead the way.."
[21:03] * Valery lets Xui, he of the map and the meat shield, lead the way.
[21:03] * Xui-Fei nods
[21:03] * Xui-Fei enters first
[21:05] <Yarrow> You're in the bottom of a stairwell. There's a door that leads to the ground floor of the building, and the stairs go up.
[21:06] * Xui-Fei slowly proceeds up the stairs waiting at the closed door for the others
[21:06] * Koizumi follows in with the others, keeping her hand on someone's back while following close.
[21:06] <Valery> "What does the map say...? Basement, top floor, or somewhere else?"
[21:06] <Valery> (Retcon that, I know where now :P )
[21:06] * Valery heads up the stairs.
[21:07] <Yarrow> Valery boldly takes the lead.
[21:07] <Koizumi> (-Heading upstairs- "It's in sub-basement two. So we'd better get up to the tenth.")
[21:08] <Ataru> (I definitly need ranks in divine relationship)
[21:08] <Ataru> (the 2s like me)
[21:08] <Yarrow> You reach the 2nd floor. There's another door. Keep going up?
[21:08] <Yarrow> (DR is definitely a great investment for someone who likes playing with explosives.)
[21:09] * Alaric takes Koizumi's hand for good measure, leading her (assuming she allows it).
[21:09] * Xui-Fei opens the door
[21:09] * Valery listens at the door to make sure nothing's there and liable to come out into our backs, and then continues up.
[21:09] <Yarrow> I assume Xui-Fei refrains from opening the door into Valery's head...
[21:10] <Yarrow> Do you open the door when Valery starts going up the next flight of stairs, Xui-Fei?
[21:10] * Koizumi smiles in thanks and follows Alarix.
[21:11] * Valery whispers. "It's in one of the top floors."
[21:11] * Xui-Fei nods following up
[21:12] <Xui-Fei> (didn't open followed Val
[21:13] <Yarrow> You go up another flight of stairs and are faced with the same choice.
[21:13] <Yarrow> Keep going up?
[21:13] <Valery> "I couldn't tell exactly which floor it was, but I know it's one of the top ones... start searching on the twentieth?"
[21:14] * Valery does the same, listening for anyone liable to come out, then continuing up.
[21:14] * Xui-Fei checks the map "that was the ground floor" he says quietly, "this is..."
[21:15] <Yarrow> By the time you get to the top of the next flight, Valery is getting sick of stairs, so at least there's a slight bright side when the stairs stop here.
[21:15] <Yarrow> A door leads into the main portion of the building.
[21:15] * Valery sweatdrops. "... I guess we're going to have to try the elevators anyway... probably..." She heaves for breath. "... for the best..."
[21:16] <Xui-Fei> "possibly"
[21:16] * Koizumi nods, wiping her forehead.
[21:16] <Valery> "... as long as the droids don't hear them..."
[21:16] * Valery slips behind Xui again since he has the map.
[21:17] <Alaric> quietly, "...ding."
[21:17] <Alaric> quietly, "but if there's no other way.."
[21:17] <Xui-Fei> "stamina training you all need it" he says quietly not effected by the work out
[21:18] <Alaric> (what sort of building does this appear to be on the inside... business? offices? housing?)
[21:18] * Valery nods, wiping sweat off her brow. "Twenty flights of stairs..."
[21:18] <Alaric> (like..s tyle of architecture wise)
[21:18] <Yarrow> All you've seen is a stairwell. You can't tell.
[21:20] <Yarrow> Does someone want to listen at the door and maybe open it?
[21:20] <Yarrow> Or were you waiting for Val to catch her breath?
[21:20] <Valery> (/me was planning to go behind Xui since he has the map :P )
[21:21] * Koizumi focuses on listenign at the door.
[21:21] * Alaric will take a turn listening as well, careful not to scrunch his ears.
[21:21] <Alaric> (ear, rather)
[21:22] <Yarrow> Koizumi hears a group of people walking down what sounds like a hall, towards the door.
[21:22] <Yarrow> Their gait sounds strange though, so they're probably not human.
[21:22] * Koizumi frowns. "Something is coming...a cluster...not one of us..."
[21:23] <Alaric> quietly, "Down a flight, and we ambush them away from the door!"
[21:23] <Alaric> quietly, "two flights, hopefully it will have closed."
[21:23] <Ataru> (until you drink from the loving cup at least)
[21:23] * Alaric quickly heads down the stairs.
[21:23] <Ataru> (/me wonders if anyone will get it...)
[21:23] * Yarrow rolls some dice only to have her cat attack them.
[21:24] * Valery blinks, and follows Alaric.
[21:24] <Yarrow> Unless someone says otherwise, you all quietly follow the good doctor down a couple of flights of stairs.
[21:24] * Valery whispers as she follows. "Shouldn't... we... catch them in the choke point...?"
[21:25] <Alaric> (er, it's a stairwell, the entire thing is a choke point)
[21:25] <Alaric> quietly, "Entire damned stairwell is a choke point!"
[21:25] <Valery> "That's true..."
[21:25] <Alaric> quietly, "Hopefully they're just patrolling and don't open the door.. but if they do come down the stairs, we're not gonna bea ble to hide from them."
[21:25] <Xui-Fei> "we could do that but do you honestly think we can fight an entire building worth at once"
[21:26] <Yarrow> You get into position two flights down and wait.
[21:26] * Valery nods.
[21:26] <Yarrow> And wait. A minute has gone by and nothing has happened.
[21:26] * Xui-Fei sighs calming himself
[21:26] * Valery listens carefully.
[21:27] * Koizumi keeps an ear trained upward, listening carefully.
[21:27] <Yarrow> Another minute passes without incident.
[21:28] * Alaric sighs in relief.
[21:28] <Alaric> quietly, "Okay.. how's this sound.. we wait until the come really close, then turn away, and once they've been going away for a few seconds, we hit 'em from behind?"
[21:28] <Yarrow> It seems the people Koizumi heard aren't coming into the stairwell.
[21:28] <Valery> (Er... didn't we NOT hear them coming down?)
[21:28] <Alaric> (yeah)
[21:29] <Alaric> (everyone at this point knows they're not in the stairwell)
[21:29] <Alaric> (alaric is implying: close to the door)
[21:29] * Valery blinks. "Um... we're on a clear floor right now, why not just go to the elevator on the second or third floor instead?"
[21:29] * Koizumi shrugs,
[21:30] <Xui-Fei> "possibly" he says softly
[21:30] <Alaric> "...okay."
[21:30] <Alaric> quietly, "That actually makes more sense."
[21:31] <Yarrow> By the way, were you expecting Toast to join up with the rest of you somehow, return to Metel, or what?
[21:31] <Alaric> quietly, "wait by the door, if nobody comes by in a few minutes, go up?"
[21:31] <Alaric> (we never planned)
[21:31] <Alaric> (we had absolutely no idea how we'd get together)
[21:31] * Xui-Fei nods taking the leading slowly heading up the stairs to the door
[21:31] <Valery> (I presume we were expecting Toasty to return to Metel)
[21:32] * Valery nods.
[21:32] <Yarrow> You head to the door and listen.
[21:33] <Yarrow> How long are you planning to listen for?
[21:33] <Alaric> quietly, "think a couple minutes is long enough?"
[21:33] <Valery> "Yeah... we shouldn't take too long, the distraction will only work for so long..."
[21:35] * Alaric will listen for a couple minutes, then crack the door slowly if nobody hascome by.
[21:35] <Yarrow> After a couple of minutes, Alaric opens the door to see a carpeted hallway. It looks like it'd be appropriate for an office building.
[21:36] <Yarrow> It extends ahead and also to the right.
[21:36] * Valery glances back at Xui. "So... does your map say which way to the elevator?"
[21:38] <Yarrow> Xui-Fei starts tapping away at his ESC and in a little while points straight ahead.
[21:38] * Valery nods, and starts forward, cautiously.
[21:38] <Alaric> quietly, "quick but quiet."
[21:39] * Alaric moves forward.
[21:39] * Xui-Fei looks up seeing val move a head continues his silent movement
[21:39] <Yarrow> (Yes, I'll make a PC take an obvious action or answer a question if the player is idle too long.)
[21:39] <Valery> (/me nodnods)
[21:39] <Xui-Fei> (gomen)
[21:39] * Koizumi follows with quierly.
[21:40] * Xui-Fei keeps an eye out for any patrols if any are around
[21:41] <Yarrow> You pass some open doorways on either side. They seem to be to conference rooms.
[21:41] * Valery glances into the doorways as they pass, but focuses on moving quietly.
[21:42] <Alaric> (hmm.. raid the conference rooms for hidden loot?)
[21:42] <Alaric> (if this were final fantasy, it'd work)
[21:42] <Koizumi> (:P)
[21:42] <Xui-Fei> (that it would)
[21:42] <Alaric> quietly, "You know.. I can't help but think.. t here must be something really obvious about this place for droids to be guarding it."
[21:42] <Yarrow> (You got A Potted Plant! *item acquisition music plays*)
[21:43] * Valery nods. "Yeah... hm. Xui... does your console say anything about what people did here?"
[21:43] * Alaric keeps going, glancing into the rooms looking for anything of immediately obvious worth.
[21:43] * Xui-Fei looks in his ESC for any discription of this buildings function
[21:43] <Yarrow> You pass a restroom, a small kitchen, some little offices...
[21:44] <Xui-Fei> (least if there's any data what the building was built for, office, research or anthing?)
[21:44] <Yarrow> Xui-Fei looks down at his ESC as he walks and checks for any info on the building. After a moment, he discovers it's designated as Development.
[21:44] * Valery keeps her eye out, very tense.
[21:45] * Xui-Fei blinks, "Development?" he questions softly
[21:45] * Valery cocks her head. "Wonder what that means..."
[21:45] * Koizumi remains blank in expression.
[21:46] <Xui-Fei> "no clue," he says softly, "though we may find out"
[21:46] <Yarrow> You reach an intersection and see the elevators about 15 meters to the left.
[21:46] * Alaric gulps quietly.
[21:46] * Valery smiles, and looks around carefully before heading to the elevator.
[21:46] * Xui-Fei points to the left, "elevator's there" he annouces queetly
[21:47] * Alaric heads forward, lacking any better ideas.
[21:49] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+4
[21:49] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=10 ]{14}
[21:50] <Xui-Fei> (oh boy)
[21:50] <DCG> (nooo xui!)
[21:50] <Koizumi> (And....)
[21:50] <Yarrow> There's a confused blur of motion as Alaric reaches the elevators and suddenly a bloodstained transparent blade is protruding from his chest.
[21:50] <Yarrow> 36 dam
[21:50] <Valery> (Well... at least it wasn't Xui, for once.)
[21:50] <DCG> (wait, isnt that breaking cannon? :P )
[21:50] * Valery gasps, and moves to the side, trying to get a view of the glass droid and bringing up her rifle.
[21:51] <Koizumi> "What happened?!"
[21:51] <Alaric> "...hgghkgl.."
[21:51] <Yarrow> Val: Mind roll, please.
[21:51] <Valery> roll 2d6+5
[21:51] <McDice> Valery rolled : 2d6+5 --> [ 2d6=6 ]{11}
[21:51] * Xui-Fei blinks expecting the blade to be sticking out him but isn't
[21:52] <Yarrow> Yeah. Fire that thing in here and you may as well send up a flare and have a 3 piece band start playing at max volume, as well.
[21:52] * Valery grits her teeth, lowering the gun. "Xui!"
[21:52] <Yarrow> The glass droid yanks the blade from Alaric.
[21:52] * Xui-Fei nods
[21:52] <Yarrow> Init.
[21:52] <Xui-Fei> roll 2d6+4
[21:52] <McDice> Xui-Fei rolled : 2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=7 ]{11}
[21:52] <Valery> roll 2d6+4
[21:52] <McDice> Valery rolled : 2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=5 ]{9}
[21:53] <Alaric> roll 2d6+10 init
[21:53] <McDice> Alaric rolled : 2d6+10 init --> [ 2d6=11 ]{21}
[21:53] * Xui-Fei takes a very lucid stance
[21:53] <Koizumi> roll 2d6+3
[21:53] <McDice> Koizumi rolled : 2d6+3 --> [ 2d6=9 ]{12}
[21:53] <Koizumi> (shouldn't you always be lucid? unless drunk anyway)
[21:54] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+4
[21:54] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=8 ]{12}
[21:54] <Yarrow> Yes, I don't think that's the word you want...
[21:54] <Yarrow> Alaric is up first.
[21:54] <Xui-Fei> (sorry I ment fluid stance)
[21:54] * Alaric backs the fuck away, getting behind Xui and the rest, and tries to drain the *&#$ing bastard that just gutted him!
[21:55] <Koizumi> (You were so shocked and relieved, you wet yourself!)
[21:55] <Yarrow> Alaric: roll the attack
[21:55] <Xui-Fei> (geeze)
[21:55] <Koizumi> (I know, I'm horrible)
[21:55] <Alaric> roll 2d6+4 drain, undetectable
[21:55] <McDice> Alaric rolled : 2d6+4 drain, undetectable --> [ 2d6=6 ]{10}
[21:56] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+4
[21:56] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=9 ]{13}
[21:56] <Yarrow> Since that's at -3, you hit.
[21:58] <Yarrow> Whether it has any effect is unclear.
[21:58] <Yarrow> Koizumi is up.
[21:58] <Alaric> pained, unbelieving, "..s'not.. ??"
[21:59] <Koizumi> "Damnit...I can't tell where it is..."
[21:59] <Yarrow> The droid lunges after Alaric.
[21:59] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+4
[21:59] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=5 ]{9}
[21:59] <Alaric> roll 2d6+4 dodge
[21:59] <McDice> Alaric rolled : 2d6+4 dodge --> [ 2d6=12 ]{16}
[22:00] <Valery> (Nice dodge, that)
[22:00] * Alaric REALLY wants to get outta the way.
[22:00] <Valery> "You can't hear it?"
[22:00] <Yarrow> Who dances out of the way. Literally. Was that a pirouette?
[22:01] <Koizumi> (hmm, penelties on taking a shot?)
[22:01] <Yarrow> Any action, Koizumi?
[22:01] <Xui-Fei> (what shot?)
[22:01] <Yarrow> You'll be lucky not to hit a party member.
[22:01] <Koizumi> (You'll see :P)
[22:01] <Koizumi> (Or not)
[22:01] <Koizumi> (hold action)
[22:02] <Yarrow> Xui-Fei's up.
[22:02] * Xui-Fei slams the glass with a rapid punching attack
[22:02] <Xui-Fei> roll 2d6+8 Amuriken
[22:02] <McDice> Xui-Fei rolled : 2d6+8 Amuriken --> [ 2d6=3 ]{11}
[22:02] <Valery> (Owwwww.)
[22:02] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+4-1
[22:02] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+4-1 --> [ 2d6=4 ]{7}
[22:03] <Valery> (Double-owwwwww.)
[22:03] <Xui-Fei> (smacks twice I think 28 a pop so 56 (if my count is right))
[22:03] <Valery> (Isn't that one hit? Ah well.)
[22:04] <Yarrow> Your fist solidly slams into it twice. Cracks spiderweb its body and it collapses.
[22:04] <Xui-Fei> "god those things are anoying" he says quietly
[22:04] <Xui-Fei> (and Alaric knows how Xui feels)
[22:04] * Valery frowns, keeping an eye on it and moving towards it. "How are you, Alaric...?"
[22:04] <Valery> (Hey, at least Alaric got stabbed in the front :P )
[22:05] <Xui-Fei> (dude he got back stabbed)
[22:05] <Valery> (Er... no, I think it was hiding in the elevator, so he got front-stabbed :P )
[22:05] <Yarrow> (Backstabbed from the front, actually)
[22:05] <Xui-Fei> (ah)
[22:05] <Yarrow> It was hiding motionless in front of the elevator.
[22:05] * Alaric staggers back and falls on his ass heavily, panting, specks of blood on his lips.
[22:05] <Valery> (Gotcha)
[22:06] * Alaric clenches his eyes shut, a couple tears leaking out.
[22:06] <Xui-Fei> "lets get in there before a patrol finds this one" he says pressing the up button
[22:06] * Valery will keep watching the droid to make sure it's stopped moving.
[22:06] <Koizumi> "Do you have anything to treat that with?"
[22:07] <Alaric> "hgh... just.. moment.."
[22:07] * Alaric holds his breath.
[22:07] <Valery> (This is a GOOD time to have regen. :P )
[22:07] <Alaric> (it'll take around 30 seconds)
[22:07] * Alaric stands up about a minute later, obviously shakey.
[22:07] <Alaric> (40/40 hp, 34/40 ep)
[22:07] * Valery ducks down. "Just a second..." She lays a hand on the cracked droid. How warm does it feel? Colder than the air, warmer than the air, the same temperature...?
[22:08] * Alaric will walks over to the droid, kneel by it, and attempt to tear off its sword-arm at the elbow.
[22:08] <Yarrow> Before that minute passes, Val notices the spiderweb of cracks on the droid starting to fade.
[22:08] * Valery gasps. "It's healing!"
[22:08] <Alaric> (nm)
[22:09] <Alaric> "chrushits head or something!"
[22:09] * Valery raises her rifle, and slams the stock into the droid's head with a growl.
[22:09] <Valery> (Roll attack, or just assume it's a coup de grace?)
[22:10] <Yarrow> You manage to smash the droid before it starts moving again.
[22:10] <Valery> (Any info on how it feels, btw? Trying to find out if Metel's infrared will pick 'em up :P )
[22:11] * Valery pants for breath, and smashes its head a few more times until it shatters completely.
[22:11] <Yarrow> It feels the same temperature as the air.
[22:11] <Valery> (Gotcha)
[22:12] * Valery tsks. "Was too much to hope for... should've known it had a low enough SHC..."
[22:12] * Koizumi let's out a breath.
[22:12] * Xui-Fei lets out a relieved breath but still feels sorry for Alaric
[22:12] * Valery looks back at Alaric. "You've healed yourself? How are you...?"
[22:13] <Koizumi> "Now, someone want to explain what just went on? I heard a lot of grunting, and some smashing..."
[22:13] <Yarrow> (Afk a minute to get a drink.)
[22:13] <Valery> "Um... one of those invisible glass droids."
[22:14] <Xui-Fei> "honorless creations if there ever was any" he says
[22:14] <Xui-Fei> "there stock in trade is ambushes"
[22:14] <Koizumi> "I wonder if that's the type that I get such a strong echo off of."
[22:15] <Alaric> "ugh.. I'm almost ready to say turn your echolocation on, and damn the results, as long as we can SEE our enemies."
[22:15] <Alaric> outraged, "that HURT!"
[22:15] * Valery shrugs. "Well... it's not like honor's a big issue, we were just planning on ambushing anything we saw..."
[22:15] <Koizumi> "I'm not sure if it's the type or not...I just know there is a type which can mutually detect each other."
[22:17] <Yarrow> (Back)
[22:17] <Alaric> (does the droid shatter/dissolve, or can I try to rip its arm off)
[22:17] <Valery> (Is the droid really shattered this time? And does it seem to be un-shattering at all?)
[22:18] <Yarrow> The droid does not seem to be recovering from being shattered.
[22:18] * Xui-Fei looks at Alaric, "how do you think I felt after being stabbed in the back 4 times in a row"
[22:19] * Valery glances at Alaric. "Let's get into the elevator and discuss it on the way up, we still have a limited amount of distraction time..."
[22:19] * Xui-Fei nods getting into the elevator
[22:19] <Yarrow> Its arms are pretty much intact, but you can't rip glass arms off. You could probably ssmash them by the shoulders, though, if yo ureally want.
[22:19] <Alaric> (I just want a melee weapon)
[22:19] * Alaric procedes to get himself a droid arm + sword, liberally coated in his own blood.
[22:20] <Alaric> (Superstrength 1, so oughta be able to manage it)
[22:20] * Alaric gets in the damned elevator, careful not to poke anyone with his droid arm.
[22:20] <Yarrow> Better be careful with the back, too.
[22:20] <Xui-Fei> (ha ha)
[22:21] * Valery blinks at that weapon. "You know... there's an idea in there..."
[22:21] <Alaric> "If you want the other one, I'll get it for you"
[22:21] <Yarrow> You summon the elevator and get inside.
[22:21] <Alaric> (hey, it's a pretty nasty weapon, might as well make use of it)
[22:21] * Koizumi follows the sound of footsteps to the lift and follows in.
[22:22] <Valery> "I probably would have trouble holding it, even..."
[22:22] * Alaric hefts it.
[22:22] <Alaric> "It is somewhat on the heavy side."
[22:22] * Valery gets into the lift, and checks the buttons. How many floors are there?
[22:22] <Yarrow> There are buttons for 30 floors.
[22:23] <Yarrow> Sorry, make that 203
[22:23] <Yarrow> ...
[22:23] <Yarrow> 20
[22:23] <Valery> (... Was worried for a second there...)
[22:23] <Alaric> quietly, "Do we know which one is the right one?"
[22:23] * Valery frowns, and glances at Xui. "I think the nineteenth floor is where we should start searching, unless your console can tell where it is...?"
[22:23] <Alaric> quietly, "If so press it.."
[22:24] <Koizumi> ("Did they add a bunch of floors suddenly, or something? Or is this the Twilight Zone Vator?")
[22:24] <Valery> "It's somewhere on the upper floors, but I'm not sure which one."
[22:24] * Xui-Fei looks for the place they are suposed to go seeing which floor it's on
[22:24] <Valery> (I don't THINK it's the top floor, since that would've been really obvious on the diagram I saw, right?)
[22:25] <Yarrow> Your goal itself is not shown on the ESC. You've been able to get the plans of the floors you've been on, however.
[22:25] * Valery purses her lips. "Wait... there are more than twenty floors..."
[22:26] * Valery moans, leaning her head against the elevator wall. "It doesn't go all the way up, does it...?"
[22:26] <Xui-Fei> "so we may have more than one elevator shaft?"
[22:27] <Valery> "Or stairs from somewhere else... what do the plans say?"
[22:27] <Yarrow> The elevator doors slide closed, though the elevator doesn't go anywhere.
[22:28] <Xui-Fei> "I can bring up the floors we've been on but not anything up past this floor"
[22:28] <Alaric> maybe.. 2nd from the top?
[22:29] <Alaric> quietly, "Perhaps.. 2nd floor from teh top, to scope it out?"
[22:29] <Yarrow> Xui-Fei start checking his ESC. He quickly manages to access the plans for the 20th floor and finds another elevator going up.
[22:29] <Yarrow> (I didn't say you couldn't access higher floors. You just hadn't tried to yet.)
[22:29] * Xui-Fei blinks, "ok there is a second elevator shaft on the 20th floor going up"
[22:29] <Xui-Fei> (ah wasn't sure)
[22:30] * Valery sighs, and hits the button for the twentieth floor. "Someone built this place to be really hard to assault..."
[22:30] * Xui-Fei hits the button for 20
[22:30] <Yarrow> Valery and Xui-Fei press the button. Their fingers caress for a brief moment.
[22:30] * Xui-Fei blinks
[22:30] * Valery blinks, and looks at Xui. "... Sorry."
[22:30] <Yarrow> Valery narrowly escapes death due to the fact that Jake, Chance, and Mai aren't present.
[22:31] <Xui-Fei> "uh it's ok"
[22:31] * Koizumi remains oblivious.
[22:31] <Xui-Fei> (though Jake and Chance feel they should pound someone)
[22:31] <Valery> (Heheheh)
[22:31] <DCG> (sounds like a normal building to me, all the ofice buildings in chicago are much the same, some times with 4 of 5 defernt banks of elevators)
[22:31] * Valery blinks, feeling a sudden chill.
[22:32] <Yarrow> The elevator swiftly climbs its shaft, and soon enough the doors slide open with a happy ding.
[22:32] * Valery winces at the 'ding' and quickly looks out, hoping nothing heard that.
[22:32] <Alaric> (Blam blam BLAM!)
[22:33] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+4
[22:33] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=5 ]{9}
[22:33] <Valery> (Should I roll a dodge?)
[22:33] <Valery> (Or did I just get frontstabbed?)
[22:33] <Yarrow> Valery takes a glass blade to the head. Fortunately, it only does 24 damage.
[22:34] * Alaric cusses.
[22:34] <Alaric> (init?)
[22:34] * Xui-Fei eyes widen as slams into the glass droid full on
[22:34] * Valery shrieks, clutching at her cheek. "Aaagh!"
[22:34] <Yarrow> (Really, no precautions whatsoever when you know those things are lurking about?)
[22:34] <Yarrow> Init.
[22:34] <Alaric> roll 2d6+10 init
[22:34] <McDice> Alaric rolled : 2d6+10 init --> [ 2d6=6 ]{16}
[22:34] <Xui-Fei> roll 2d6+4
[22:34] <McDice> Xui-Fei rolled : 2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=8 ]{12}
[22:34] <Valery> roll 2d6+4
[22:34] <McDice> Valery rolled : 2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=10 ]{14}
[22:34] <Valery> (Consider me edumacated :P )
[22:35] <Koizumi> roll 2d6+3
[22:35] <McDice> Koizumi rolled : 2d6+3 --> [ 2d6=5 ]{8}
[22:35] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+4
[22:35] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=4 ]{8}
[22:35] <Yarrow> Alaric's up.
[22:35] <Valery> (... What is with Koi always moving at the exact same time as these things?)
[22:35] <Koizumi> (I wonder that often myself...)
[22:35] <Yarrow> (She really is another clone. ;) )
[22:35] * Alaric takes a swing at the glass thing with his improvised sword.
[22:36] <Alaric> roll 2d6+4
[22:36] <McDice> Alaric rolled : 2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=5 ]{9}
[22:36] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+4
[22:36] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=6 ]{10}
[22:36] <Alaric> (nuts ;p )
[22:36] <Yarrow> The droid sways to the side just far enough to evade the blow.
[22:36] * Valery growls, and brings up her rifle, slamming the buttstock into the droid's head. "That HURT!"
[22:36] <Valery> roll 2d6+4
[22:37] <McDice> Valery rolled : 2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=7 ]{11}
[22:37] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+4-1
[22:37] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+4-1 --> [ 2d6=11 ]{14}
[22:37] <Valery> (Or not.)
[22:37] <Yarrow> The droid smiles and whispers, "Good..."
[22:37] <Yarrow> Slayer of glass droids Xui-Fei is up.
[22:39] * Yarrow prepares to make Xui-Fei's roll for him.
[22:39] <Xui-Fei> again another rapid series of punches
[22:39] <Xui-Fei> roll 2d6+8 Amuriken
[22:39] <McDice> Xui-Fei rolled : 2d6+8 Amuriken --> [ 2d6=10 ]{18}
[22:39] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+4-3
[22:39] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+4-3 --> [ 2d6=4 ]{5}
[22:40] <Xui-Fei> (3 times?)
[22:40] <Yarrow> And the hall is sprayed with little chunks of glass as the droid flies apart.
[22:40] * Xui-Fei stands there fist out strech
[22:40] <Koizumi> "Apart from Valery being in pain, I take it that ended well?"
[22:41] <Alaric> "Damn.. Valery, let me get a look at that."
[22:41] * Alaric will examine Valery's wound briefly, then Heal it (24 points worth).
[22:41] * Valery winces, forcing her hand away from her cheek.
[22:41] <Valery> (Yeah, I was down to 11 hp there :P )
[22:41] <Xui-Fei> "word of advice," he says, "next time we do this I jump out and smack the glass droid"
[22:41] <Alaric> "Be careful.. your body won't stand the strain much more accelerated healing beyond that.."
[22:41] <Alaric> "Agreed."
[22:41] * Alaric heartily agrees with Xui-Fei's suggestion.
[22:42] * Valery sighs happily as it seals up. "Yeah... next time we just blow up the area in front of all the elevators..."
[22:42] <Koizumi> "Sounds like a safer plan"
[22:43] <Yarrow> The elevator doors start to slide closed.
[22:43] * Valery rubs the area where the wound on her cheek was, hits the 'open' button, and waits to step out behind Xui.
[22:44] * Xui-Fei steps out eye out for any attacks before checking where the next elavator is
[22:44] * Alaric is a little nervous at this point..
[22:44] * Valery comes out after Xui, and will follow him to the next elevator carefully. "Thank you, Alaric..."
[22:44] <Yarrow> The way to the next elevator requires you to go down a few hallways. The first step is to head right.
[22:45] * Xui-Fei points in the right direction and proceeds slowly
[22:45] <Yarrow> You walk down the first hall, keeping your ears and eyes (except Koi's) open.
[22:46] * Valery follows, still rubbing her itching cheek.
[22:46] * Koizumi remains close.
[22:47] <Yarrow> You follow it as it turns left, and start passing doorways. To the right is a room with desks and workstations.
[22:47] * Valery glances into the room.
[22:48] <Yarrow> Past that is a room on the left with computer terminals ... and a man seems to be partially under one, working on it.
[22:48] * Xui-Fei blinks
[22:48] * Xui-Fei checks his scanner if that is human or not
[22:48] <Yarrow> There are tools spread out around him.
[22:49] <Yarrow> He registers as a person but has no ID.
[22:49] * Alaric hesitates a bit.
[22:49] <Xui-Fei> "says he's human," he says softly
[22:49] * Valery blinks, and whispers to Koizumi. "Um... there's someone to the left, could you check...?"
[22:49] * Alaric brightens.
[22:50] <Alaric> quietly, "Good call, Valery."
[22:50] * Koizumi concentrates quietly, expanding out to feel for minds outside those of the group, and centering on that one in particular.
[22:50] <Yarrow> Koi: roll for it.
[22:50] <Koizumi> roll 2d6+5
[22:50] <McDice> Koizumi rolled : 2d6+5 --> [ 2d6=5 ]{10}
[22:51] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+6
[22:51] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+6 --> [ 2d6=8 ]{14}
[22:51] <Yarrow> The attempt fails.
[22:52] <Koizumi> "I can't make contact, I'm sorry. Still to new at this"
[22:52] <Alaric> quietly, "watch his initial reaction to the dead droid parts."
[22:52] * Xui-Fei nods, "it's ok Koizumi"
[22:52] <Yarrow> The man says, without looking up, "Just put it on the counter over there. I'll eat it later."
[22:52] * Alaric walks into the room.
[22:52] <Alaric> "Er, pardon me."
[22:53] * Xui-Fei blinks hearing the mans response
[22:53] <Alaric> "Could we have a word?"
[22:53] <Yarrow> His words clash with Alaric's greeting.
[22:53] * Valery blinks. "Um..."
[22:54] <Yarrow> He reaches down and swaps his current tool for another one. He says distractedly, "Sorry, I'm really busy. It's like a three armed epileptic spider monkey designed this system."
[22:54] <Valery> "Uh... why haven't you run...?"
[22:54] <DCG> (ami: Hey!)
[22:54] <Xui-Fei> "what exactly are you doing"
[22:55] <Xui-Fei> "and for that matter who are you, your ID is not showing on this" patting his ESC
[22:55] <Yarrow> Man, a bit annoyed, "Look, I've run every diagnostic program I've got!"
[22:55] * Xui-Fei smacks the man, "get a grip man"
[22:55] <Yarrow> The man finally pulls his head out from under the console.
[22:56] <Valery> "Er... no... I meant why haven't you run for safety...?"
[22:56] <Yarrow> (His line about diagnostic programs was in response to Val's question. He misunderstood it. :) )
[22:56] <Valery> (Heh, yeah, I just got that :P )
[22:57] <Yarrow> He looks around and blinks at the lot of you looking a bit confused. "Safety?"
[22:57] <Xui-Fei> "didn't you notice the damn invaison of droids around the whole entier city"
[22:57] * Koizumi keeps her ears focused.
[22:58] <Yarrow> Finally his gaze settles on Valery and he gets a look of recoginition before asking, "You--what's your specialty?"
[22:58] * Valery blinkblinks. "Um... mechanical engineering, though I have some other skills..."
[22:58] <Yarrow> He brushes off Xui-Fei's question. "No, I'm not involved in the invasion. These computers are my concern."
[22:58] <Alaric> "..."
[22:59] <Yarrow> "Finally, some help! Here, check out that panel over there and see if you can map the circuits."
[22:59] * Valery blinks and walks towards the panel. "What's wrong...? And how'd you stay unhurt...?"
[23:00] * Xui-Fei face palms muttering something along the lines 'I won't kill this man no matter how anoying he is' repeatedly
[23:01] <Yarrow> He cocks his head at Valery. "By ... following proper safety procedures?"
[23:02] <Yarrow> "Look, just tell me when you're done. With two of us working on this, we'll be into these systems in no time."
[23:02] <Xui-Fei> "you call cowering under a desk while droids patrole this building proper safety procedures"
[23:02] <Xui-Fei> "then answer this, what's so imporant about these systems"
[23:03] * Valery blinks. "Well... if there's a shelter in here, I guess it'd work... what are you trying to do?"
[23:03] * Valery lets her gun hang on the strap, and takes a look at the panel.
[23:04] <Yarrow> He stares at Xui-Fei for a long moment as though he simply can't understand what he's talking about, then speaks slowly as if to someone with a low mind stat, "I'm trying to get into these systems so we can find out what was being worked on here and get into the upper floors."
[23:04] * Xui-Fei sees if he can access the systems here with his ESC
[23:05] <Alaric> quietly, "How did you know to come here?"
[23:05] <Yarrow> The ESC is not designed to access these systems.
[23:05] * Valery purses her lips, and whispers to Xui.
[23:05] * Koizumi remains silent, listening.
[23:05] <Yarrow> "I just go where I'm ordered, pal."
[23:06] <Yarrow> "Now, excuse me, but I really have to get back to work."
[23:06] * Valery blinks. "Ordered? By who?"
[23:06] * Xui-Fei blinks at that, looking at Valery, "I'll check out the elevator and clear out the stealth droid protecting it"
[23:07] <Yarrow> He goes back under the console and picks up a tool. "Captain Mica. If you really need something to do, just go to the third floor and ask him for an assignment."
[23:07] <Valery> "Captain... who?"
[23:08] <Valery> (OOC, I'm freaking at this point, but IC, Val has no clue... :P )
[23:08] <Xui-Fei> "considering besides the only other people here is us"
[23:08] <Xui-Fei> ^You)
[23:08] <Xui-Fei> "in this whole building
[23:08] <Yarrow> "Look, I really can't talk now."
[23:09] * Xui-Fei whispers to Val
[23:09] * Valery is taking a look at the panel.
[23:09] <Xui-Fei> (mica?)
[23:09] * Valery whispers back.
[23:10] * Xui-Fei nods and heads out to check the elevator
[23:10] <Xui-Fei> (silently)
[23:10] <Koizumi> (I'm gonna need to crash soon)
[23:10] <Yarrow> The man gets out from under the console and start tapping at some keys. He isn't really paying attention to anyone else in the room.
[23:10] <Yarrow> Ok. Are people up for 20 more minutes?
[23:10] <Valery> (Easily)
[23:11] <Xui-Fei> (yeah)
[23:11] <Valery> (What am I seeing on the panel? And what's it look like the guy's doing, Yarrow?)
[23:11] <Koizumi> ok)
[23:11] <Xui-Fei> (and if your gonna run me seperate or here let me know)
[23:11] <Xui-Fei> (cause I'm heading for the elevator checking it)
[23:11] <Alaric> (20 more is fine)
[23:11] <Yarrow> It's a computer system you're not familiar with, Val.
[23:12] * Alaric stays with val for the present.
[23:12] <Valery> (What does it look like he's trying to do? Hack the security, or what?)
[23:12] <Yarrow> Which elevator are you heading to, Xui-Fei?
[23:12] <Valery> (The one that should lead us up)
[23:13] <Yarrow> You can't really tell without seeing what he's doing, Val, but it sounds like he could be. He did mention he's trying to get into the system.
[23:14] * Valery purses her lips. "Have you tried getting in normally? The systems have been fairly receptive to us, most of the time..."
[23:14] <Yarrow> Xui-Fei heads out of the room.
[23:15] <Yarrow> "Enh? If you know the passwords, I'd love to hear them."
[23:15] * Valery cocks her head. "Passwords? They seem to be set to work on our IDs and handprints..."
[23:15] <Yarrow> "Not these."
[23:16] <Valery> "I see... give me a second, I need to check something outside."
[23:17] * Valery slips out of the room, and transforms.
[23:17] <Yarrow> What's your transformation sequence involve?
[23:18] <Valery> (Bluish lights mostly, not incredibly bright or loud)
[23:18] <Valery> roll 2d6+7
[23:18] <McDice> Valery rolled : 2d6+7 --> [ 2d6=7 ]{14}
Session Close: Mon May 25 23:18:36 2009

Session Start: Mon May 25 23:18:36 2009
Session Ident: #cte
[23:18] * Disconnected
[23:19] * Attempting to rejoin channel #cte
[23:19] * Rejoined channel #cte
[23:19] * Topic is 'Next session will not end early'
[23:19] * Set by Yarrow on Fri May 22 18:06:11
[23:19] * Alaric (~alathon@c-24-16-50-237.hsd1.wa.comcast.net) Quit (Killed (NickServ (GHOST command used by Alathon|work)))
[23:19] * Alathon|work is now known as Alaric
[23:19] <Valery> (Gah, welcome back)
[23:19] <Alaric> (sorry about that)
[23:19] <Alaric> (miss anything important?)
[23:20] <Valery> (Not all that much)
[23:20] <Valery> (Last line?)
[23:20] * Valery is now known as Sophia
[23:21] <Alaric> (valery rolled : 2d6+7
[23:23] * Alaric waits with Koizumi, lacking any idea what Xui-Fei and Valery have decided to do.
[23:23] <Sophia> roll 2d6+7-3
[23:23] <McDice> Sophia rolled : 2d6+7-3 --> [ 2d6=9 ]{13}
[23:23] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+6
[23:23] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+6 --> [ 2d6=10 ]{16}
[23:23] <Sophia> (Dammit)
[23:23] * Koizumi sighs quiety and remains mostly silent.
[23:24] <Yarrow> "Enh? What the hell was that?"
[23:25] <Alaric> "What, where?"
[23:25] * Alaric massages his forehead.
[23:26] <Sophia> roll 2d6+7-3
[23:26] <McDice> Sophia rolled : 2d6+7-3 --> [ 2d6=6 ]{10}
[23:26] <Yarrow> "It sounded like someone was talking in my--there it is again!"
[23:26] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+6
[23:26] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+6 --> [ 2d6=7 ]{13}
[23:26] <Alaric> "If you don't mind me asking. wiat, what?"
[23:26] <Alaric> "Are you serious?"
[23:26] <Alaric> "Who does it sound like?"
[23:26] <Sophia> (Lucky bastard...)
[23:26] <Alaric> "That usually isn't.. well."
[23:26] * Alaric cuts off.
[23:26] <Yarrow> He gets up and rubs his temples. "I need a break."
[23:26] * Koizumi arches a brow.
[23:27] <Yarrow> He looks around and notices Val's absence. "Oh, for the love of--! The first time I get someone to help and he runs off after five minutes!"
[23:27] <Alaric> "Do you need a hand with anything nontechnical?"
[23:28] <Yarrow> "No... Look, if that guy ... or was that a woman? Oh, not like it matters... comes back, tell him to get back to that circuitry. I'll be back later."
[23:28] <Yarrow> He heads for the door.
[23:30] <Alaric> "I'll do that."
[23:30] * Alaric shrugs.
[23:30] <Alaric> "I suppose I'm not going to do much good here myself."
[23:30] <Yarrow> The man walks out and heads for the down elevator.
[23:31] <Yarrow> Mm. I guess it's been 20 minutes. We may as well end here, since Koizumi needs to call it a night.
[23:32] <Alaric> (alright)
[23:32] <Alaric> (he never reacted to the bloody droid arm, did he ;p )
[23:32] <Koizumi> Hopefully I can get a longer nap next week; people wouldn't stop invading my room to use the bleedin computer today =.=)
[23:33] <Sophia> (Dude, you think that guy noticed it? :P )
[23:33] <Yarrow> He's pretty singleminded. :)
[23:33] <Xui-Fei> (lock the door and hope they don't have blasters)
[23:33] <Koizumi> He wouldn't have noticed it if you poked him in the ribs)
[23:34] * Alaric is now known as Alathon
[23:34] * Sophia is now known as Pale_Wolf
[23:35] <Pale_Wolf> Now... how to give our PCs the 'big honkin clue' that we all have OOCly...
[23:35] * Koizumi is now known as Dorin
[23:35] * Xui-Fei is now known as Light02
[23:35] * Dorin (~dorin_rah@dpc6745120147.direcpc.com) Quit (Quit: )
[23:36] <Yarrow> I wonder if I should give a brief teaser for the start of next session.
[23:36] <Ataru> I hope Toast gets back next session
[23:37] <Pale_Wolf> Yeah... so do I.
[23:37] <Yarrow> I hope so too, but it's possible he won't. The group's getting into an action-heavy section.
[23:37] <Ataru> figures
[23:37] <DCG> Heh
[23:37] <DCG> what a was to go tho
[23:37] <Ataru> I have really shitty luck with those dice
[23:37] <Alathon> (who in CT would hold the role of captain?)
[23:37] <DCG> what does an "Oh shi-" face look like on a shoat?
[23:37] * Pale_Wolf pats Ataru.
[23:37] <Ataru> he was human at the time
[23:37] <Yarrow> Well, it'd be a pretty big letdown if there wasn't much action in the Upgrade building.
[23:38] <Ataru> and that's what he'll blame
[23:38] <Pale_Wolf> And Ala, here's an even bigger question.
[23:38] <Ataru> stupid giant human paws
[23:38] <DCG> hah!
[23:38] <Pale_Wolf> Who, in CT, would have THIS name?
[23:38] <Pale_Wolf> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mica
[23:38] <Alathon> I don't have to look it up, I know what mica is ;p
[23:38] <Alathon> but that isn't something Alaric would know
[23:38] <DCG> oy
[23:38] <Ataru> Perhaps Mica is a last name
[23:38] <Alathon> alaric *would* know if nobody in CT holds military rank ;p
[23:38] <DCG> i was banging my head on the desk for that hole time
[23:38] <Ataru> first name, For
[23:38] <Pale_Wolf> Heheheh. Yeah, and the party doesn't know about their name theme yet :P
[23:38] <DCG> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXGhvoekY44
[23:38] <Light02> oh fuck
[23:39] <Light02> ....he's a fucking droid
[23:39] <Pale_Wolf> Of course not.
[23:39] <Ataru> no
[23:39] <Pale_Wolf> He's a fucking Beth.
[23:39] <Ataru> I think he's being mindcontrolled
[23:39] <Ataru> yeah
[23:39] <Pale_Wolf> So now I'm trying to figure out how to act ICly, while still not screwing us over too intensely :P
[23:39] <Light02> ah
[23:39] <Light02> well Xui got starttled badly....I found some vending machines
[23:40] <Ataru> so, what will be the in charachter reactions to Toast's untimely death? :P
[23:40] <DCG> consdering just how easy everything has worked or opened for the party so far, even top level shit, that some one who's suposed to do that job wouldnt need to hack and jimmy his way in.
[23:40] <Ataru> and his eventual ressurection
[23:40] <Ataru> the second coming of Toast
[23:40] <Light02> and in true Hitchikers fashion they were trying to be thankfull for a potenial customers
[23:40] <Pale_Wolf> Well... why broadcast, you'll see it sooner or later anyway :P
[23:40] <Pale_Wolf> And yeah, DC, that's the thing I latched onto to twig Val's suspicion :P
[23:40] <Alathon> but yeah, is someone holding military rank a dead giveaway they'r enot from CT?
[23:41] * Yarrow changes topic to '2 cp for session'
[23:41] <Pale_Wolf> Well... it might be, except Val's fairly convinced CT has SOME variety of military, considering her helicopter.
[23:41] <Ataru> no extra CP for Toast's valiant sacrafice ;p
[23:42] <Yarrow> One bonus cp to dear, departed Toast, who died from a critfail, doing what he loved most.
"Last week, I tried praying. But I found I was only talking to myself. Don't worry, I learned my lesson last time. This time, no disciples!" - N. Reynolds, To Tell a Hawk from a Handsaw
Alathon
User avatar
Chibi Sailor Senshi
Posts: 322
 

Re: Once again! DCG- Crystal Tokyo BESM game. Survival-Horror

Postby Alathon » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:41 am

Session 4

[17:01] <Yarrow> All right, who's ready?
[17:01] <Light02> I know the SNES original (well US version) had a very sped up high pitched verison, the PSX version slowed the laugh, simular to the Super Famicom version (yes I'm playing a traslated patch of the original VI hell of alot better than even the original SNES adaptation)
[17:01] <Dorin> I'm here
[17:01] <Pale_Wolf> I'm ready.
[17:01] <Light02> not I yet
[17:01] <Yarrow> How long will you be, Light?
[17:02] <Alathon> here
[17:02] <Light02> not a clue dinner is just about to be served here
[17:03] <Yarrow> Ok, we have three players. We can start if people want.
[17:04] <Dorin> I don't mind either way, oh Queen
[17:04] <Alathon> I'm donw
[17:04] <Yarrow> Anyone who wants to start now, just get into character.
[17:04] <Alathon> wierd, ataru's usually pretty good
[17:05] * Alathon is now known as Alaric
[17:05] * Pale_Wolf is now known as Valery
[17:05] * Dorin is now known as Koizumi
[17:06] <Alaric> (where are we picking up? Alaric was offscreen last session)
[17:06] <Yarrow> Ok, when we left off, Xui-Fei, Valery, and XF's admirer's were working on Metel.
[17:07] <Yarrow> Alaric had gone inside to decompress and Koizumi had gone inside to get warmed up and have a hot meal.
[17:08] <Yarrow> The rain weather has gone from pouring, to clear, to drizzling, pouring, drizzling, clear, drizzling.
[17:08] <Yarrow> A couple of hours (sound right, Pale?) have gone by and work on Metel will be done shortly.
[17:09] <Valery> (Probably, yeah)
[17:09] <Yarrow> Alaric and Koizumi can return to Metel, talk elsewhere, or do something else, if they like.
[17:10] <Yarrow> Koizumi has been given a room in Jake & Chance's suite and given clothing and other necessities.
[17:10] <Valery> (Would there be materials for a tent to put over the repair work? It strikes me that that'd be a good idea for more than one reason :P )
[17:10] <Valery> (And Val would've thought of it at some point, at least)
[17:10] <Yarrow> You manage to get one rigged up.
[17:10] <Koizumi> 9
[17:10] <Valery> (Yes, they can't see us from orbit now!)
[17:11] <Yarrow> Oh, someone bring in a dicebot, please. DCG?
[17:11] <Koizumi> ("Hey, Pilot your floor's all wet. I'm not mopping this up...")
[17:11] <Alaric> (from orbit: "oooh, refugee tent.. let's play 'pin the positron cannon on the helpless humans!'")
[17:11] <Yarrow> ("There's a suspicious looking tent on top of that building, sir." "Hmmm. Better hit it from orbit.")
[17:11] <DCG> eh
[17:11] <DCG> hang on
[17:12] <Valery> (Heh)
[17:12] <Koizumi> ("Damn those orbital satellites, back in my day when you threw up camo on the vehicle, nothing ABOVE the ground level could see it!")
[17:12] * McDice (~PyroRaven@c-76-16-37-215.hsd1.il.comcast.net) has joined #cte
[17:13] <Yarrow> roll 2d6 enemy attack test
[17:13] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6 enemy attack test --> [ 2d6=5 ]{5}
[17:13] * Valery rubs a bit of grease off her cheek. "When we have time I think we may need to repaint... the blizzard paint is pretty, but too visible..."
[17:14] <DCG> (if you consider that most the buildings around you and even rubble is made of crystal, being blue and white is sorts camo.)
[17:14] * Alaric shows up at the repair site cleaned up, his hair a sodden mass of silver.
[17:14] <Koizumi> (Deadpan "Yes, the paint scheme is lovely...I agree whole heartedly")
[17:14] <Yarrow> Where's Koizumi?
[17:15] * Valery waves as Alaric shows up. "Are you feeling better?"
[17:15] * Koizumi now wrapped in something warmer, and not chilled to the bone, stands by quietly. Listening to the work. "Now, the pressing question on my mind...who are you people?"
[17:15] <Yarrow> ("We're ... the A-team!")
[17:15] * Valery blinkblinks.
[17:16] <Valery> "Survivors?"
[17:16] <Alaric> "Actually, yes, a lot."
[17:16] * Alaric looks better, his tail waving lazily rather than hanging motionless behind him.
[17:16] * Koizumi gives her cane a swing. "I'm sorry, wrong way to phrase it. Let's try again. I'm Koizumi, who are you guys?"
[17:17] * Alaric turns to face Koizumi.
[17:17] <Alaric> "I'm Doctor Alaric."
[17:17] <Alaric> "I moonlight as Sailor Nietzsche."
[17:17] * Valery bows slightly from her perch on the helicopter. "Valery Shein... um... Sailor Sophia, I suppose."
[17:18] <Yarrow> "Jake." "Chance."
[17:19] <Alaric> ".. and you're Sailor Phobos, right?"
[17:19] <Yarrow> "I'm still Mai."
[17:19] * Alaric sounds out the word carefully.
[17:19] * Koizumi nods, not looking anywhere but straight ahead, eyes constantly closed. "Thank the kami...Ah, yeah...I guess...was there a senshi recruiting drive I'm not aware of sighing up for, or something?"
[17:19] <Alaric> (aw hell, that name WAS used, wasn't it?)
[17:19] <Alaric> (now I can't remember ;p )
[17:20] <Alaric> "I don't know.. I'd thought we were drafted, as it were, but children have been impacted as well."
[17:20] <Yarrow> It was.
[17:20] * Alaric hesitates, looking a little grim.
[17:20] <Yarrow> By the other one, if no one else.
[17:20] <Alaric> "Perhaps we have.. inherited.. our mantles."
[17:20] <Alaric> "Though how I, a youma, would come to possess this position is quite beyond me. Senshi were human, after all."
[17:20] * Valery winces. "We will need to find out at the palace..."
[17:20] * Koizumi shrugs. "I'd be dead otherwise."
[17:21] * Alaric bites his lip, and looks over at Valery.
[17:21] <Alaric> "How are the repairs going?"
[17:22] * Valery rubs the helicopter's skin. "It still looks a little messy, but she can handle anything we ask of her again."
[17:22] * Koizumi points in the direction of Alaric's voice, speaking softly. "And thank you, for earlier. I feel much better."
[17:23] * Alaric looks back to Koizumi, smiling a little.
[17:23] <Alaric> "Think nothing of it, I was glad to help.. you looked in a bad way back there."
[17:23] <Yarrow> It's pretty obvious that Koizumi has some way of seeing, even if she isn't using her eyes.
[17:23] <Alaric> (we're all too polite to broach the subject ;p )
[17:24] <Yarrow> Jake: "So, any sign of Keiko?"
[17:24] <Alaric> "I'm hesitant to ask, but.. how are things out there?"
[17:24] <Alaric> "We've.."
[17:24] * Alaric looks over at Jake.
[17:24] <Alaric> "No."
[17:25] * Valery winces.
[17:25] <Alaric> "..and I'm almost thankful for that. We need some sort of contingency plan for dealing with a clone of her."
[17:25] <Yarrow> Jake: "Maybe... Better for a Keiko to come back now than when we're all out."
[17:25] <Alaric> "I don't see how we'll be able to logic out the identify of a little kid."
[17:25] <Alaric> "Agreed."
[17:26] <DCG> (kill them all just to be sure)
[17:26] <Alaric> (stupid morals are such a pain in the ass)
[17:27] <Yarrow> Chance: "Things up here have been going well. Rain on and off, and repairs are just about done."
[17:27] * Valery holds up a hand. "Um... I seem to... I don't know, just know things as Sophia... should I give it a try?"
[17:27] * Koizumi simply listens quietly, staring off into space.
[17:28] * Alaric shrugs.
[17:28] <Alaric> "If you think it'll work.. just not for too long."
[17:29] <Alaric> "There seems to be some relationship between how long we remain Senshi, and how long it takes to.. recharge. Or whatever."
[17:29] * Alaric looks over at Koizumi.
[17:29] <Alaric> hopefully, "I don't suppose you have any insight into that?"
[17:29] * Alaric then cringes at the horrible pun he made.
[17:29] <Valery> "Ah... I meant for checking if it's another clone, actually... hm. I wonder if I could find her, though..."
[17:31] * Koizumi snickers at Alaric and shrugs. "I feel more tired and drained after I drop the transformation."
[17:33] <Yarrow> Chance: "We should have taken that clone's body."
[17:34] <Valery> (Didn't it dissolve?)
[17:34] <Valery> (/me remembers it dissolving for some reason)
[17:35] <Yarrow> I think you were more concerned with Metel than watching the body after you shot it.
[17:35] <Valery> (True indeed)
[17:36] <Alaric> "You're right."
[17:36] <Alaric> "..though at least I have a blood sample."
[17:36] * Koizumi shudders at the memory.
[17:36] <Alaric> "Who knows if there's any use we can put a single spot of blood to, though.."
[17:37] <Koizumi> "I just hope they can't make any more."
[17:37] * Alaric shakes his head a little, his ears twitching.
[17:38] <Alaric> "We should operate on the assumption that they have the capacity to make more, and the desire to."
[17:38] <Alaric> "... your clone was much more capable, combat wise, than all but the strongest droids we've faced."
[17:38] * Valery nods. "If they can make one, they can probably make more..."
[17:38] <Alaric> "Even with a three day lifespan, they could be used to attack us."
[17:38] * Koizumi shudders again, rubbing her arms. "It was almost a perfect duplicate"
[17:38] <Alaric> "Hmm.. there was something I'd meant to ask you about. Your.. mind reading?"
[17:38] <Alaric> "How does that work?
[17:39] <Light02> (back)
[17:39] * Light02 is now known as Xui-Fei
[17:39] <Alaric> (wb)
[17:39] <Valery> (Yo yo)
[17:39] * Koizumi shrugs. "I don't know really. It just started not long ago, I guess about the same time most of us noticed these weird powers...maybe. I can pick up thoughts if I concentrate."
[17:40] <Xui-Fei> (we still up topside working on Metal?)
[17:40] <Yarrow> Work is just about done. Alaric & Koi have rejoined you.
[17:40] * Xui-Fei looks up from his lifting nodding to Doc and Blind Swordwoman
[17:41] <Alaric> "What am I thinking of now?"
[17:41] <Koizumi> (am I to assume we're still in power-down mode?)
[17:41] <Yarrow> No, it's been hours.
[17:42] <Koizumi> (oh...-checks for those numbers for mind probing-)
[17:42] * Ataru is now known as Toast
[17:42] <Xui-Fei> "hey doc.....Koizumi was it?"
[17:42] <Toast> (Motherfucking hell)
[17:42] <Valery> (Yo Ataru, what happened?)
[17:42] <Toast> (sorry, my dad promised he'd drive me home)
[17:42] * Koizumi looks at Alaric, concentrating quietly.
[17:42] <Toast> (then he had his sister in law drop me off at the train station)
[17:43] <Yarrow> Roll it, Koi.
[17:43] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : it, Koi. --> error: malformed expression
[17:43] <Toast> (>_<)
[17:43] <Toast> (can someone PM me a summary)
[17:43] <Alaric> (it's two-ish hours later, we're all at Metel with repairs about finished, chatting)
[17:43] <Yarrow> It's only a couple of screens or so if you want to scroll back, Ataru.
[17:43] <Alaric> (Koizumi was inside warming up getting food etc, Alaric was chilling out with Dizzy)
[17:44] <Koizumi> roll 2d6+5
[17:44] <McDice> Koizumi rolled : 2d6+5 --> [ 2d6=11 ]{16}
[17:44] <Alaric> (do I need to make an opposed roll?)
[17:44] <Koizumi> (against whatever defenses Al has...although on that roll)
[17:44] <Koizumi> (opposed mind, if you're resisting, but if you arent, no need)
[17:45] <Toast> (anyone?)
[17:45] <Alaric> (I don't think he really knows how to resist or not resist.. so I'll assume some reflexive resistance)
[17:45] <Alaric> roll 2d6+4
[17:45] <McDice> Alaric rolled : 2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=6 ]{10}
[17:45] <Valery> (Er... Toasty, Ala just told you :P )
[17:45] <Alaric> (does Alaric feel anything?)
[17:46] <Yarrow> Alaric feels nothing.
[17:46] <Alaric> "Er.. are you doing it?"
[17:47] * Koizumi frowns. "What's 'twelve' got to do with anything? Who is Keiko? And...naughty...Doctor...very naughty"
[17:47] <Alaric> "ahh.. that's enough."
[17:47] * Valery blinkblinks.
[17:47] * Xui-Fei blinks
[17:47] * Valery cocks her head.
[17:47] <Alaric> "Your discretion is appreciated."
[17:47] * Alaric says that part a bit firmly.
[17:48] * Koizumi nods and sighs. "We really have to be on guard if they can make more of those clones. You could fill a room with people...anywhere within a good distance."
[17:48] <Alaric> "Keiko is the child-senshi I mentioned earlier. By all appearances, she chased after us when we left her behind here, and is now missing."
[17:48] * Koizumi nods quietly to Alaric, filing that away for later.
[17:49] * Alaric looks over at Valery.
[17:49] <Alaric> "Valery, do you know if there's any way to connect the communicator in Metel to something here at HQ?"
[17:49] <Alaric> "If we're going to go out.. we'll need to stay in touch."
[17:50] <Xui-Fei> "well I can communicate with my computer" gesturing to the computer on his left wrist
[17:50] * Alaric blinks.
[17:50] * Valery purses her lips. "I haven't really had a chance to look into that, but if we can find a reciever somewhere it should be possible."
[17:50] * Alaric looks over at xui-Fei.
[17:51] * Koizumi sighs and sweeps back her hair. "And I'm fairly potent with that telekenesis stuff too...oh sweet kamisama to become more a burden than a help."
[17:51] <Alaric> "Oh.. that's even better, really!"
[17:51] * Valery nods.
[17:51] * Alaric then looks over at Koizumi, a little bothered, ears twitching.
[17:51] <Alaric> "A burden.. what do you mean?"
[17:51] <Alaric> "You haven't been a burden to us, if that's what you're implying.."
[17:52] * Koizumi shrugs. "Not directly, but so easily replicate so much power...it's disturbing"
[17:53] <Alaric> "Their larger droids are more dangerous, at least in combat, mounted with heavy weaponry.. it's the, well.. not knowing who's who, that bothers me the most."
[17:54] * Valery shivers, nodding.
[17:54] * Toast climbs up Valery's back, and onto his shoulder, a peice of Toast clutched in his mouth
[17:54] * Koizumi nods quietly. "As long as they can't easily scan minds, then I don't suppose it's that big an issue."
[17:54] * Alaric hesitates a little, then continues.
[17:54] <Yarrow> (Toast shows off his perverted exhibitionist tendencies.)
[17:54] <Alaric> "I don't think they can.. none of them have indicated they could. They were quite good at attackign us, though."
[17:54] <Toast> (err, toast, lower case)
[17:54] <Toast> (XD)
[17:55] <Yarrow> Jake: "Though Koi's clone might have been able to, since Koi can?"
[17:55] <Alaric> ".. if you don't mind me asking, you seem to have some trouble with your eyesight.. but don't have trouble getting around. How does that work?"
[17:55] <Valery> ('Her', at the moment :P )
[17:56] <Yarrow> (We all know Val's just never going to bother changing back to a man. ;) )
[17:56] <Valery> (Heh)
[17:56] <Alaric> (Doctor Alaric will just give her the pamphlets on gender identity)
[17:56] <Yarrow> (The queen always fixed little problems like that right up.)
[17:56] <Koizumi> "I'm completely blind, my eyes have never worked. But when all these other powers began manifesting, I've picked up a kind of...I guess ultra-sonic eyesight. I can see through hearing, if that makes any sense. Although, I can only map out solid surfaces, I can't see through them..." drops to a mutter. "I hate windows"
[17:56] <Alaric> (er, which way?)
[17:57] <Alaric> (the way the people wanted, or the way the queen figured they'd be best?)
[17:57] <Valery> (The way the queen figured best, of course ;) )
[17:57] <Yarrow> (A good talk with her always straightened people out. So to speak.)
[17:57] <Valery> (/me shivers)
[17:58] * Xui-Fei blinks
[17:58] <Alaric> (hmph.. a thousand years of whitebread humanity.. do we even still have adult stores?)
[17:58] <Yarrow> (Yes. She doesn't have a problem with sex, kinky sex, homosexuality, etc.)
[17:59] <Alaric> (okay, good)
[17:59] <Yarrow> (But if someone's having problems that makes them unhappy, she snaps her fingers and makes them happy.)
[17:59] <Xui-Fei> "not being able to see sucks," he says in agreement, "Sensei had the idea to blindfold me for 3 weeks to work on suitational awereness and blind fighting"
[17:59] <Koizumi> (Sky's influence rippled across even in this timeline)
[17:59] <Alaric> "See through hearing.. does that work in the rain?"
[17:59] <Xui-Fei> "I had more bruses from that 3 weeks then I ever had in my whole time with Sensei
[17:59] <Toast> (lol)
[18:00] * Valery clucks her tongue. "It should. It would look different, but it should work, I think."
[18:00] * Toast continues munching on his toast
[18:00] <Alaric> "All that white noise.."
[18:00] <Koizumi> "It muffles it, just like it dampens sounds. But I've hear thick rain makes even seeing difficult, so it's simply something that affects everyone."
[18:00] * Alaric nods.
[18:00] <Alaric> "As long as it isn't totally crippling.. we were planning to make our next move in the rain, for cover."
[18:00] * Alaric then looks a little abashed.
[18:01] <Alaric> "I'm assuming something, though, aren't I.."
[18:01] <Alaric> "Are you willing to help us fight?"
[18:01] <Alaric> quickly, "I understand that you just got this shoved on you, and you didn't have any say in it."
[18:01] * Valery smiles to herself.
[18:01] <Koizumi> "Not like I have anything better to do, and...I think a little retribution is in order"
[18:02] * Alaric twitches his ears.
[18:02] <Toast> "Yeeeesss, vengeance must be ours!"
[18:02] <Alaric> "You're not the only one..."
[18:02] <Alaric> "Just, please, don't make it your only priority."
[18:02] * Toast looks around... "Did I say that outloud?"
[18:02] * Alaric faces Toast.
[18:02] <Alaric> "Indeed you did."
[18:03] * Valery pats Toasty on the head. "Yes."
[18:03] <Alaric> "..I do not think any of us will think less of you, that your heart cries out for vengeance."
[18:03] <Yarrow> Mai: "I wonder if the bad guys are smart enough to send us two clones and have only one of them turn on us..."
[18:03] * Valery winces.
[18:03] <Yarrow> She doesn't seem particularly concerned and continues cleaning up.
[18:03] * Xui-Fei blinks again
[18:04] * Alaric is brought up short by that.
[18:04] * Alaric looks over at Valery.
[18:04] <Alaric> "If you could ask Sophia.. or however that works.. give it a shot."
[18:05] * Koizumi sighs and shakes her head at Mai's words. "Well, I suppose it's a risk you have to consider for yourselves. I can't really do much more to prove who I am."
[18:05] * Valery blinks, cocking her head. "Ask... what do you want me to ask...?"
[18:06] <Alaric> "Well, you'd mentioned knowing things in your Senshi form.."
[18:07] * Alaric hesitates, then continues.
[18:07] <Alaric> "How do you identify a real Senshi?"
[18:07] * Valery blinks. "I'm... not really sure... I was a little focused on other things before..."
[18:07] <Koizumi> "The Queen could do it...maybe? Or one of the other senshi?"
[18:08] * Koizumi shrugs.
[18:08] <Xui-Fei> "huh you mean there's some way to tell us apart from the rest of the people?"
[18:09] * Alaric shrugs.
[18:09] <Alaric> "It's a shot in the dark.. but, this can't be normal."
[18:09] <Koizumi> "Who knows? I'm not exactly a pro at this"
[18:09] * Alaric waves his hand at.. well.. Senshi-ness.
[18:09] * Valery purses her lips. "Why not...? The senshi appeared in the first place... why couldn't it happen again?"
[18:10] <Alaric> "I.. don't know."
[18:10] <Alaric> frustrated, "None of this makes any sense at all!"
[18:10] <Alaric> "We've been left with cryptic instructions, dots on a map with nearly meaningless labels.."
[18:11] <Alaric> "SOMEONE knew something was coming, and probably that we existed.. or would exist."
[18:11] * Alaric runs his right hand through his hair forcefully.
[18:11] * Valery nods. "Someone left that defence system for us to coordinate, and this building..."
[18:12] * Koizumi sighs and leans back on her cane quietly. "All we can do is move forward, then?"
[18:12] <Yarrow> Jake: "Metel can find senshi but couldn't tell the other Phobos was a fake, right?"
[18:13] * Valery nods. "That's the defensive system that's been transmitting to us... it can't seem to tell the difference, that other one was labelled as an ally as well..."
[18:13] <Yarrow> Jake: "Maybe the mysterious upgrade will help?"
[18:14] * Valery rubs her eyes. "I hope so..."
[18:14] <Toast> "Maybe it's a trap."
[18:14] <Toast> "Like the fake senshi was."
[18:14] <Yarrow> Chance: "Maybe. Or maybe the fake wasn't even looking for us."
[18:14] <Toast> "I say we level the building. If it's a trap it's foiled, if it really is an upgrade, it's out of their hands."
[18:15] <Xui-Fei> "hmm...so you saying the need for this would of come one day or another?
[18:15] * Koizumi remains quiet, not really able to interject anything into this.
[18:15] * Valery flicks Toast's head lightly. "You would."
[18:16] <Xui-Fei> "so your basically sayind someone knew this was comming but wasn't able to train the nessary personel...who in there right mind would stop so short"
[18:16] <Xui-Fei> (back at the palace the queen sneezes)
[18:16] <Alaric> "Good question.. and for that matter, should we trust such a person?"
[18:16] <Alaric> "Should we allow ourselves to be led around by the nose?"
[18:16] <Yarrow> Chance: "And where are the rea--regular senshi?"
[18:16] <Alaric> bleakly, "Dead or fled?"
[18:17] <Xui-Fei> "both possible," he says
[18:17] * Valery sighs. "That's why we need to get to the palace soon so we can find out..."
[18:17] <Alaric> "Hmm.. Xui-Fei, your
[18:17] * Koizumi sighs and nods. "If the palace is in bad shape, that's where they'd be...maybe"
[18:17] <Alaric> "Your Sensei.. if we found him, could we count on him to train normal people to fight at least half-decently?"
[18:18] <Xui-Fei> "yes it's possible"
[18:18] * Alaric mutters, "... train me too.."
[18:18] <Xui-Fei> "basic manuvers and stuff but yes, it'd take too long to train this number to me or even his skill"
[18:18] <Toast> (Toast needs ranks in Stoat-fu)
[18:18] <Alaric> "I don't think we've even really addressed the problem of having a hundred or more traumatized people with nothing much to do hanging around here."
[18:19] <Alaric> "Never mind defending them!"
[18:19] * Valery rubs her eyes. "We're lucky in some respects... at the very least whoever our benefactor is left us enough equipment to work with, plenty of weapons in the armoury, but..."
[18:19] <Koizumi> "Not enough information to get by with, or a secure enough bunker to hide in?"
[18:20] <Toast> "But no one knows how to use them."
[18:20] <Yarrow> Chance: "Well, on our own, we have no idea what to do or even where it's safe. At least our benefactor guided us to equipment and a base."
[18:20] <Xui-Fei> "yes and if we meet him or her they'll have my thanks at least"
[18:21] <Yarrow> Chance: "I'm just saying, we don't have much to go on if we *don't* follow the suggestions."
[18:21] * Valery nods. "Now... I'm not satisfied. Why didn't they do anything but give us equipment? They could have trained people, they have a base of production to have a whole army... These things do need answering, but we've been played straight with so far."
[18:21] * Xui-Fei nods, "agreed we probably need to investigate any lead we can find to at least geta grasp at what in the hell is going on"
[18:22] <Alaric> "We need to capture some of the enemy..."
[18:22] * Alaric looks over at Koizumi.
[18:22] <Yarrow> (There's one! :) )
[18:22] <Alaric> "If we do, are you willing to interrogate them?"
[18:22] * Koizumi nods. "If I can."
[18:22] <Alaric> (Alaric is totally no-selling Mai's suggestion at this point, he can only juggle so much int he way of headgames before shelving it all)
[18:23] <Valery> (Heheheheh)
[18:23] <Valery> (Well, you DO have two interrogators, at least... :P )
[18:24] <Alaric> "... our plan, earlier, was to cause a distraction near the map spot labelled 'upgrade' and investigate it."
[18:24] <Alaric> "Other issues we need to address are, what's going on at the palace, and where is Keiko?"
[18:24] <Toast> ("Who cares about the little window licker?")
[18:25] <Yarrow> (Awww, not going to really say it? :) )
[18:25] <Alaric> ("We need target practice.")
[18:25] <Toast> "Who cares about the little window licker?"
[18:25] * Alaric shoots Toast a reproving glance.
[18:25] * Valery blinks. "... Window licker?"
[18:25] * Toast grumbles about dumb brats with freakish strength
[18:25] <Alaric> "She may have been exceptionally vexing, Toast, but.."
[18:25] * Alaric trails off.
[18:25] <Toast> "What? She's probably strangling droids with her jump rope."
[18:25] * Alaric hesitates for a moment.
[18:25] <Alaric> "Okay, I'm glad she's gone too. There, happy?"
[18:25] * Koizumi keeps her face neutral while listening to the myrid conversation.
[18:26] * Alaric lashes his tail back and forth.
[18:26] <Yarrow> Jake: "Chance and I were terrified someone would suggest she bunk with us."
[18:27] <Toast> "She almost killed me!"
[18:27] * Valery frowns. "She's... a handful, but she's still just a child..."
[18:27] <Koizumi> "Sounds like you were having a delightful time with her"
[18:27] <Alaric> "Yeah, well, if you had to bunk with her, I'd have to babysit her the rest of the time."
[18:27] * Alaric looks over at Toast.
[18:27] <Alaric> "and yeah, there's that too.."
[18:27] * Alaric takes a deep breath, and sighs.
[18:27] <Alaric> "None of which changes the fact that she's out there somewhere, possibly being cloned, and that we need to account for the possibly of a clone of her returning here."
[18:28] <Toast> "Can we kill it?"
[18:28] <Alaric> "And no matter how much she vexes us, 'shoot on sight' is not an option, if only because we cannot count on the people here winning a fight with her."
[18:29] * Alaric looks around hopefully.
[18:29] * Valery rubs her eyes. "If it's a clone we probably should kill it, but... ugh..."
[18:29] <Alaric> "Surely someone has a good idea as to how to deal with this?"
[18:29] <Alaric> "We're not going to sit around here forever, waiting.."
[18:29] <Yarrow> Jake says to Koi: "She was a kid. With super powers. Who wanted to 'help' us. Normal kids are bad enough."
[18:29] <Toast> "I can mine the hell outta the entrance."
[18:30] <Alaric> (oh god I want to say yes)
[18:30] * Koizumi bites her lip at the suggestion, but says nothing.
[18:30] <Alaric> "Our people might need to use the entrances and exits."
[18:30] <Valery> "We could try to have the people who take her back in bring her to a contained area, but... we can't bet that they can..."
[18:30] <Alaric> (I want to come back from a mission and see our HQ plastered with Keikobits)
[18:30] * Alaric closes his eyes and massages his forehead.
[18:31] <Alaric> "Okay, how about this, we leave Keiko instructions to meet us at some random spot away from here."
[18:31] <Yarrow> Chance: "If we're going for the upgrade, maybe we should go out and get back as quickly as possible. It might help us with the clone problem, and it might take a while to clone someone, anyway."
[18:32] * Alaric looks over at Chance.
[18:32] * Valery nods. "Okay... and then we check her there, if... one of her... shows up?"
[18:32] <Alaric> "Probably wishful thinking, but hey.. we can hope."
[18:32] * Alaric looks at Valery.
[18:32] <Alaric> "Exactly. At least if things turn ugly, it won't be here."
[18:32] <Alaric> "and unless her clone is here to massacre everyone, it'll probably go along with it."
[18:32] <Alaric> "And if it's really her, she'll go along with it.. maybe."
[18:32] * Valery coughs. "Um..."
[18:33] <Valery> "That's precisely why I don't want one of those clones getting in... Phobos was... very..."
[18:33] * Valery shivers.
[18:33] <Yarrow> Chance: "If you want really wishful thinking, maybe a clone of her wouldn't even know where this building is, unless they managed to get Keiko to talk."
[18:33] <Yarrow> Chance frowns as she says the last part. "... never mind."
[18:33] <Alaric> to Chance, "Yeah, no doubt they'll have great trouble getting an eight year old to.. yeah."
[18:34] * Alaric looks around.
[18:34] <Alaric> "Any better ideas?"
[18:34] <Koizumi> "Not a one"
[18:34] <Toast> "You guys don't like my ideas."
[18:34] <Yarrow> The NPCs shake their heads.
[18:34] * Valery purses her lips. "Your idea is a good one... as long as nobody opens the door to her, they at least have a chance."
[18:34] <Alaric> "if not, let's pick some open space.. a park or something, where it'd be hard to hide a hundred droids."
[18:35] * Alaric looks over at Toast.
[18:35] <Alaric> "Your idea has merit, Toast, but isn't feasible."
[18:35] <Xui-Fei> "well titan park would work...unless that lady is still there"
[18:35] <Alaric> "At least in part because if I become seperated from the group, I do not want the precedent to be "kill on sight""
[18:36] <Alaric> (presumably we can just pick some spot on a map)
[18:36] <Yarrow> Chance: "You're a wise man, Alaric."
[18:36] <Toast> "There's always my park."
[18:36] <Koizumi> "A solid voice of reason, at least"
[18:36] * Valery covers a slight chuckle.
[18:36] <Toast> "Of course, it's a giant smoking crater now..."
[18:36] <Alaric> "Badly out of my league is what I am.. but thank you, nonetheless."
[18:36] <Alaric> to toast, "That sounds ideal."
[18:37] <Alaric> "If we have to wreck it, nobody will miss it."
[18:37] * Alaric looks up -- what's the weather like just now?
[18:38] * Valery nods. "Now... hm. We need to find one of those glass droids and see whether they show up on Metel's scanners, or they could fill the park with them..."
[18:38] <Yarrow> It's currently drizzling. But you hear a rumble of thunder in the distance. At least, you're pretty sure it's thunder.
[18:38] <Koizumi> "I can detect some of them...but they can detect me in turn"
[18:38] <Alaric> (they just dropped an asteroid on the palace.. we have about 5 seconds before the shockwave hits)
[18:39] * Valery frowns, looking off that way.
[18:39] <Yarrow> Mai: "Oh? I was wondering why all the droids in the neighborhood suddenly started heading for our rooftop."
[18:39] <Valery> "Looks like it's about to start raining again..."
[18:39] <Koizumi> "Hey, how was I suppose to know...it was just one in particular. Lesson learned"
[18:39] * Koizumi taps her cane in irritation.
[18:39] <Toast> (wait, what?)
[18:40] <Yarrow> (A reference to Koi's solo.)
[18:40] * Alaric frowns.
[18:40] <Alaric> "Do you need your.. echosounding, in Senshi form?"
[18:40] * Valery purses her lips. "Yeah... maybe we should try avoiding that if we can, we're so outnumbered we really need to hide..."
[18:40] * Xui-Fei blinks contempating that
[18:41] <Koizumi> "It's my primary means of seeing."
[18:41] <Alaric> "... and it will attract droids."
[18:41] * Alaric ponders this.
[18:41] <Alaric> "What's your secondary mean? And do you need it as ASenshi?"
[18:42] <Koizumi> "Only a particular type. I suppose I could turn it off, if there's a need"
[18:43] * Koizumi sighs. "My hearing is my only other useful sense. And yes, I do to 'see' but I can fight without it. So long as I can hear the enemy"
[18:43] <Xui-Fei> "that might be usefull aginst the glass types"
[18:43] <Alaric> "I hate to ask this, but when we're sneaking around..."
[18:43] * Alaric trails off deliberately.
[18:44] <Koizumi> "If you want to hold my hand, sure."
[18:45] <Alaric> "Better than bringing down a horde of droids."
[18:45] <Alaric> (did you ever answer the senshi question, or did I miss it?)
[18:45] * Koizumi nods. "We'll so what we have to"
[18:45] <Koizumi> And yes, I do to 'see' but I can fight without it. So long as I can hear the enemy")
[18:46] <Alaric> "As long as you've got your Senshi form to fall back on, so you can get around if things turn ugly, we should be able to make this work."
[18:46] <Alaric> "Now.."
[18:46] * Alaric looks around the group.
[18:46] <Alaric> "Upgrade or Palace?"
[18:48] * Koizumi shrugs.
[18:49] <Toast> "I'm not sure I trust 'upgrade'"
[18:49] * Valery purses her lips. "In the end we should go to both..."
[18:50] <Koizumi> "Valery
[18:50] <Koizumi> grr)
[18:50] <Koizumi> "Valery's probably right"
[18:51] <Yarrow> Jake: "If we're doing both, I'd rather have an upgrade before going to the palace."
[18:51] <Xui-Fei> "agree, we don't know what to expect if we head to the palace as is"
[18:51] <Toast> "We don't know what to expect at upgrade either."
[18:52] <Alaric> ".. rationally, we must assume heavy opposition at the palace, if there is anyone left there to resist."
[18:52] <Alaric> "And we are not equipped to face armies of droids."
[18:52] <Valery> "We do to some extent, since we went by it just yesterday..."
[18:54] <Yarrow> Chance: "Whatever Val thinks is best, if you're asking me."
[18:54] <Yarrow> Mai assumes no one is asking her.
[18:54] <Alaric> "Okay, for lack of a better idea, and fearing heavy opposition at the palace, I say Upgrade."
[18:55] <Koizumi> "You are the pilot, after all, aren't you, Val?"
[18:55] <Alaric> "We don't seem to have been sold out yet by the radar thing, unless you count the clone."
[18:56] * Valery nods. "Yes... so far it's only seemed to make errors, so we should double-check, but we've been better off for following its advice so far..."
[18:56] <Yarrow> It starts to rain harder.
[18:57] <Toast> "Either way, the rain should make some decent cover."
[18:57] <Alaric> a little frustrated, "And we might as well do something, we aren't coming up with any genius solutions as it is."
[18:58] <Alaric> "I'll go find Dizzy and see how she feels about the 'lead Keiko off' plan."
[18:58] <Toast> "Hey, there's an idea."
[18:58] * Valery nods. "Better to get started on a bad plan than sit around waiting for a perfect one..."
[18:58] <Toast> "We could send Keiko to the palace and see what happens!"
[18:59] <Koizumi> "I agree with Valery, again..."
[18:59] <Alaric> "Toast, you are a bad influence."
[18:59] * Koizumi giggles some.
[18:59] <Yarrow> Jake nods and cheerfully says, "Yeah! Val's the master of bad plans!"
[18:59] * Toast pulls a cigarette out of stuff space "Oh yeaaah... Somebody light me."
[18:59] * Valery sweatdrops. "Did you have to put it that way...?"
[19:00] <Koizumi> (were there any potential to Mai's evil, this would be where I send a ball of fire right past the tip of the cig)
[19:00] <Yarrow> Jake: "Yep!"
[19:01] * Alaric heads off to get that done.
[19:02] <Alaric> (I want some action dammit! everyone tie up your loose ends, I crave combat!)
[19:02] <Yarrow> Jake takes a blowtorch to the end of Toast's cigarette. It lights, but unfortunately, about 1/3 of it intsantly turns into ash.
[19:02] <Koizumi> (good thing it wasn't a Cuban)
[19:03] * Valery coughs slightly. "I suppose being the master of bad plans is better than being the master of comedically-bad plans..."
[19:03] <Yarrow> Jake: "There ya go."
[19:03] * Toast puffs away
[19:03] <Toast> "Two out of three ain't bad."
[19:03] * Toast blows a few smoke rings
[19:03] <Yarrow> Jake: "So, how are we getting to the upgrade and what sort of distraction are we making?"
[19:04] * Valery glances at Toast. "Try not to blow up too much of the city."
[19:04] <Xui-Fei> "yeah we probably want it realtivly in tact to rebuild"
[19:06] * Koizumi sighs. "What information do we have?"
[19:06] <Valery> "Not much... we know the Nemesis droids are swarming over the area, but..."
[19:08] <Xui-Fei> "Nemesis?"
[19:08] <Valery> (We covered this already, that's what the radar said they were from...)
[19:08] <Xui-Fei> (ah yea but that still doesn't me I know where Nemesis is)
[19:09] <Xui-Fei> "makes them sound like they are from another planet, there controlers from what I saw are human"
[19:09] <Valery> "Why does it have to be another planet? Nemesis could just as easily be a country, if there were any livable land on the Earth..."
[19:10] * Koizumi bites her lip, but says nothing.
[19:10] <Yarrow> Mai: "Doesn't really matter now, does it? Either one can kill you just as easily."
[19:11] <Toast> "Aren't you already dead?"
[19:11] <Yarrow> Mai: "Yes, so I should know."
[19:11] <Valery> "Well... that's probably why she said 'you' instead of 'us'..."
[19:12] <Toast> "So... do you like, eat brains now or something?"
[19:13] <Yarrow> Mai shrugs. "I don't think so. I haven't felt hungry at all."
[19:13] * Xui-Fei blinks at that
[19:14] * Koizumi shakes her head.
[19:16] <DCG> (who's mai? think i was passed out for that session)
[19:16] <Yarrow> Mai: "Unless you're planning to go at night, shouldn't you be making final arrangements to get the upgrade?"
[19:18] <Yarrow> (She's a dead friend of Xui-Fei's.)
[19:18] <Xui-Fei> (who now is out looking for the prefect girl for him)
[19:18] <Toast> (does law-ohki annoy anyone else?)
[19:19] <Alaric> (a little)
[19:19] <Alaric> (what's he doing now?)
[19:19] <Xui-Fei> "we are probably at more of a disadvantage at night compared to those droids"
[19:19] <Toast> (oh nothing in particular)
[19:19] <Toast> (I was just curious)
[19:19] <Yarrow> (A bit, yes. But if you want to get to some action this session, you might want to focus on advancing the plot.)
[19:20] <Koizumi> (She's actually preparing how to turn Xui into supper, but we won't see that one for a little while)
[19:20] * Alaric will return to Metel in a minute or three.
[19:20] <Toast> (Toasts suggestions aren't going to be taken seriously, so I'm waiting on them)
[19:20] <Koizumi> "Mai probably has a point, we might just do better in acting, rather than continuing to talk it out"
[19:21] * Valery nods. "We don't know how well they can see, so... everyone get ready? Metel's good to go."
[19:21] <Xui-Fei> "been ready sense this morning"
[19:21] <Yarrow> Jake: "So, we land Metel somewhere not too far from upgrade but not close enough for them to hear us and then Unleash the Stoat?"
[19:22] * Valery nods. "Yes... I think we were planning on that after we picked up our 'allies'..."
[19:22] <Xui-Fei> "so lets go then"
[19:23] <Xui-Fei> (geeze were worse than a episode of Buffy we make to much with the Yak Yak)
[19:23] * Valery combs out her hair a bit, and then hops into Metel, waiting in the cockpit.
[19:24] <Yarrow> Everyone except Mai piles into Metel.
[19:24] * Koizumi follows all in, prepared to go.
[19:25] <Valery> (Er... can we presume we took down the tent from above it, first? ^^; )
[19:25] * Alaric leans out of the chopper and speaks to Mai.
[19:25] <Alaric> "Sorry we're in such a rush.. ask around for Dizzy, she can get you set up!"
[19:25] <Yarrow> Someone takes down the tent before that, however.
[19:26] <Alaric> "Please don't turn out to be an evil flesh eating zombie that kills everyone while we're away!"
[19:26] <Yarrow> Mai cocks her head at Alaric. "And what do I need?"
[19:26] <Yarrow> She shrugs.
[19:26] <Yarrow> Mai: "I'll try not to."
[19:26] <Alaric> "Thanks!"
[19:26] <Koizumi> ("If you get hungry, try not to eat anybody")
[19:26] * Alaric ducks back inside.
[19:27] <Yarrow> Val takes Metel through some extensive preflight checks before taking her up.
[19:27] * Xui-Fei mentally preps himself for another fight
[19:27] <Valery> (I figured the preflight was part of the repairs anyway ;) )
[19:28] <Yarrow> And shortly after that, you're up in the air.
[19:28] <Yarrow> How close to Upgrade are you taking Metel, Val?
[19:28] <Toast> (/me stoats the door gun, "Yeah, yeah, get some, get some.")
[19:28] <Koizumi> (then a skud impacts the tail rotor, we spin out of control, and everyone dieS)
[19:29] <Valery> (No closer than a couple blocks, I'd think?)
[19:29] <Yarrow> So... is a couple of blocks away your final answer?
[19:29] <Toast> (a couple of blocks is pretty close)
[19:30] <Toast> (I'd say further)
[19:30] <Yarrow> Or do you want to talk it over with the others?
[19:30] <Toast> "Don't take us in too close, even in the rain, we're rather noticable."
[19:31] <Alaric> (a couple of blocks is very, very close to a helicopter)
[19:31] <Valery> (This is true... hm)
[19:31] <Alaric> (more like a half a mile)
[19:31] <Valery> (Out of sight?)
[19:31] <Alaric> (or a kilometer)
[19:31] <Xui-Fei> (yeah)
[19:31] <Alaric> (we can cover that in 5-10 minutes)
[19:31] <Alaric> "I'm thinking more along the lines of a kilometer out."
[19:32] <Alaric> "We can cover that in around ten minutes, less if we hurry, and it will give Toast time to place explosives."
[19:32] <Yarrow> Jake: "How will Toast get there before the rest of you?"
[19:32] * Valery nods. "Right... don't mind if I lag behind, please."
[19:33] <Alaric> "He burrows really fast.. I think."
[19:33] <Valery> ("We could drop him from the chopper...")
[19:33] * Alaric looks over at Toast.
[19:33] <Toast> "I can assume human form and teleport."
[19:33] <Alaric> "You'd said something about that.. and there's that too."
[19:33] * Valery brings it down in an open-ish space about a kilometer out.
[19:33] <Alaric> "Speaking of which.. Toast, can you rig several buildings, each to go off around four or five minutes after the other?"
[19:33] <Yarrow> Jake: "Sounds good. We'll watch Metel."
[19:34] <Toast> (can I Yarrow?)
[19:34] <Alaric> "So it seems like there's someone actively doing something, someone for the droids to chase.."
[19:34] <Yarrow> Toast can make explosions, but these aren't small buildings in this area.
[19:34] <Toast> (...)
[19:34] * Valery nods. "Thanks, Jake..."
[19:35] <Yarrow> But he could certainly make explosions that seem to be going off in a path away from Upgrade.
[19:35] <Toast> (look, I discussed this plan with dcg a couple of weeks ago, plus i have that stockpile of explosives from my first session)
[19:35] <Toast> (If you want to come down on Toast's abilities, fine, but can it please wait until after this session?)
[19:36] <DCG> (some one beep ?)
[19:36] <Yarrow> Why are you discussing something that will be happening in-session with DCG when he's not the one GMing currently?
[19:36] <Toast> (weeks ago)
[19:36] <DCG> (like two weeks ago? he was saying how his powers useless, i explaned all the options that its capablie of doing)
[19:38] <Yarrow> If you want to blow all the explosives you got from your first session, you can blow one building or damage two and set them on fire.
[19:38] <Toast> (all the explosives?)
[19:39] <Yarrow> Bigger than grenades in jars and the like, yes.
[19:40] <Toast> (give me a minute to think about this)
[19:40] <Yarrow> No problem. We'll take a short break. People want 5 minutes or 10?
[19:41] <Valery> (Either works for me)
[19:41] <Koizumi> (maybe you don't have to bring buildings down, but a series of delayed, flashy explosions?)
[19:41] <Alaric> (10 is good, I need to use the toilet)
[19:41] <Yarrow> 10 minute break.
[19:41] <Valery> (Righto.)
[19:51] <Toast> (quick question, was my sheet in early enough, or do I have to use the old one?)
[19:52] <Yarrow> You can use the new one.
[19:53] <Toast> (ok, cool)
[19:53] <Valery> (Back, yo)
[19:53] <Toast> (How much ap is need to wreck a building again?)
[19:53] <Toast> (4 ranks?)
[19:54] <Valery> (Yup)
[19:54] <Valery> (Some Area, too, don't forget that.)
[19:54] <Alaric> (back)
[19:54] <Yarrow> That's for a small office building (6 floors). We're talking about mostly large office buildings with some medium ones here.
[19:54] <Valery> (You could probably also do Targeted: Static Structures if you really wanted to do demolition work.)
[19:57] <Alaric> (ooh, there's another house rule that probably din't get passed on: no 'targeted' early in the game)
[19:57] <Alaric> (since it leads to massive damage inflation)
[19:57] <Toast> (yep)
[19:58] <Alaric> (and we're only fighting one enemy type, mostly)
[19:58] <Toast> (fucking kill me now)
[19:58] <Toast> (christ)
[19:58] <Valery> (Ah yes, heheh.)
[20:01] <Koizumi> (Silly people)
[20:01] <Toast> (how much damage does a weapon need to do with 4 ranks of AP?)
[20:04] <Yarrow> For these buildings? Mm, over 50, unless he finds a smaller one, in which case, 40.
[20:04] <Toast> (fuck)
[20:04] <Toast> (that's impossible without targeted)
[20:04] <Yarrow> Or over 60 if he picks one of the larger ones.
[20:04] <Toast> (the most I can do, is what, 25?)
[20:04] <Yarrow> Well, multiple charges is a possibility.
[20:05] <Toast> (you said it wasn't)
[20:05] <Yarrow> I don't recall saying that.
[20:06] <Toast> (you didn't want me being able to fill a building with explosives, remember?)
[20:06] <Yarrow> In any case, I want your course of action within 5 minutes.
[20:06] <Toast> (So I can only create as many as I have cp for)
[20:07] <Alaric> (um.. why would that be the case?)
[20:07] <Alaric> (the cp cap is per item isn't it?)
[20:07] <Yarrow> Yes, but since you have to go by the benchmarks per each item, you can make more than one.
[20:07] <Yarrow> I'm going by a total cp cap for all items.
[20:08] <Toast> (wait, what?)
[20:08] <Toast> (can you explain that a bit?)
[20:08] <Yarrow> Explain which part?
[20:09] <Toast> (a total cp cap?)
[20:09] <Yarrow> With power flux, you can create items whose total cp cost doesn't exceed what power flux gives you.
[20:10] <Yarrow> Whether that be 1 item (subject to benchmarks), 2 weaker items, etc.
[20:10] <Toast> (right)
[20:10] <Toast> (so, yeah, I can't make multiple charges)
[20:10] <Toast> (as I'm limited to 20cp)
[20:11] <Toast> (unless I can find more defects to slap on)
[20:11] <Yarrow> You can, if their total cost doesn't exceed 20. I was just mentioning it if the benchmarks were stopping one charge from being powerful enough.
[20:11] <Toast> (yarrow, it does 25 damage at the cap)
[20:11] <Toast> (which is 10cp of weapon)
[20:11] <Toast> (that's not including cp cost for area, or ap)
[20:12] <Yarrow> Here's my suggestion. Use Power flux plus 1/2 your cache of explosives on two buildings to destroy both of them.
[20:12] <Toast> (there's no way I'll be able to make more than one)
[20:13] <Valery> (Er... Toast, they're Items. Half-cost.)
[20:14] <Toast> (you can take weapons as items?)
[20:14] <Valery> (... They're bombs.)
[20:15] <Yarrow> If items couldn't have the weapon attribute, you couldn't very well make bombs...
[20:15] <Toast> (sweet, this changes things)
[20:15] <DCG> ( two big buildings sounds like a hell of a destraction to me)
[20:16] <Toast> (hey! you just told me not to blow my entire explosives stash)
[20:16] <Toast> (quit flip flopping ;p)
[20:17] <Yarrow> Toast teleports away to set bombs.
[20:17] <Yarrow> The rest of you can act/roleplay/etc.
[20:18] * Alaric peers around for hostiles.
[20:18] * Valery stretches out, pulling a raincoat over herself, and waves goodbye to Jake and Chance before starting the walk.
[20:18] <Alaric> "Anyone see anything, hear anything.. smell anything out of place?"
[20:18] <Alaric> (Alaric is indeed wearing a raincoat ;p )
[20:18] <Toast> (Toast will have mentioned he will probably only be able to bring down one building)
[20:18] <Alaric> (K)
[20:19] * Valery shakes her head. "No... I don't think so..."
[20:19] <Valery> (Though, presume I'm making spot checks :P )
[20:19] <Yarrow> Nothing seems out of place for a ruined city.
[20:20] * Koizumi listens quietly, and takes a breath, concentrating on containing her strongest sense.
[20:21] <Alaric> quietly, "I suppose we'd best keep our voices down, and get a move on.."
[20:21] * Valery nods.
[20:22] <Alaric> "And stay close to the buildings we move by.. under awnings and such if they have any."
[20:22] <Alaric> "...we probably should have looked for a good approach, but we're on the clock now."
[20:22] * Alaric says the last bit with a little chagrin.
[20:22] <Valery> "Yeah... at least we know better for next time..."
[20:23] * Xui-Fei nods as he moves towards the mission front as quietly as possible
[20:23] * Koizumi just keeps her ears out and follows close on the heels of whoever she happens to be closest to.
[20:23] * Alaric follows Xui-Fei.
[20:24] <Alaric> (how heavy is the rain now?)
[20:24] <Yarrow> You stealthily work your way toward the Upgrade building.
[20:24] <Yarrow> The rain is pretty hard but not quite pouring right now.
[20:25] * Valery is probably breathing a little harder than ideal after a little while.
[20:26] <Alaric> quietly, "Xui-Fei, if you could, let HQ know that we've landed safely?"
[20:28] * Xui-Fei nods
[20:28] * Koizumi makes a soft grab for someone, whispering. "Something is nearby..."
[20:28] * Xui-Fei brings up his wirst computer about to say something when Koi alerts
[20:29] * Valery freezes, looking around, whispering back. "Where?"
[20:29] <Alaric> quietly, "Let's try to circle around it, if possible."
[20:29] * Koizumi points in the direction with her cane. "It's a good several yards, I don't think it knows about us. I don't hear any kind of pulse"
[20:30] * Xui-Fei nods following
[20:30] * Alaric will point to whatever the nearest off-route path would take us around where she's pointing
[20:30] * Alaric will tap Koizumi on the shoulder as he passes her.
[20:31] * Valery nods, and follows Alaric carefully.
[20:32] * Xui-Fei waits to after we are sure the coast is clear before sending the info to HQ
[20:32] * Koizumi makes her way along carefully with the others.
[20:33] <Yarrow> You carefully take another path and avoid the droid.
[20:33] <Alaric> (the Noid Droid?)
[20:33] <Toast> (lol)
[20:33] * Valery tries to get a view of it as she moves, but focuses on staying out of sight and quiet.
[20:33] * Alaric keeps going, watching carefully for anything out of the ordinary.. like rain pouring off something that isn't visible, say.
[20:35] * Xui-Fei brings up his wrist computer, "uh.." he says softly, "this is Xui-fei to HQ reporting we have landed and moving to target, out"
[20:35] * Koizumi just keeps listening hard, frowning at the mixed blessing of the rain.
[20:38] * Alaric keeps going until we reach the target, or observe someone/something moving or out of the ordinary
[20:39] <Alaric> quietly, "Once we're in sight, we take cover and wait."
[20:39] * Valery does the same, keeping quiet unless she sees something, other than the heavy breathing.
[20:39] * Valery nods.
[20:39] <Yarrow> roll 1d100
[20:39] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 1d100 --> [ 1d100=74 ]{74}
[20:39] <Yarrow> Just what is your target, btw?
[20:39] <Valery> (Here's hoping that's a good thing)
[20:40] <Alaric> (the building marked 'Upgrade', that was swarming with droids previously)
[20:40] <Valery> (I presume we're going to wait a bit outside of that until the distraction goes off)
[20:40] <Yarrow> Well, I know you're not going right up to the door before the explosions... so where are you going to be waiting?
[20:40] <Alaric> (in an alleyway, or in an ornate/deep doorway)
[20:41] <Yarrow> Ok, you make your way to an alley across the street from Upgrade and wait.
[20:41] <Alaric> (some place that puts us out of line-of-sight from the target, so if there's defenders, and they start looking around when shit goes down, we aren't seen)
[20:41] * Valery leans back against the wall as they arrive, and focuses on getting her breath back.
[20:42] * Xui-Fei crouchs down waiting for the moment to rush in
[20:42] <Toast> roll 2d6+8
[20:42] <McDice> Toast rolled : 2d6+8 --> [ 2d6=2 ]{10}
[20:42] * Koizumi takes quiet shelter, leaning on her cane. "This really sucks..."
[20:42] <Toast> (fuck)
[20:42] <Toast> (I fucking hate my life)
[20:42] <Toast> roll 2d6+8
[20:42] <McDice> Toast rolled : 2d6+8 --> [ 2d6=5 ]{13}
[20:42] <Toast> roll 2d6+8
[20:42] <McDice> Toast rolled : 2d6+8 --> [ 2d6=8 ]{16}
[20:42] <Yarrow> Wait.
[20:45] * Toast is now known as Ataru
[20:45] <Alaric> (?)
[20:45] <Ataru> (dead)
[20:45] <Ataru> (like, dead dead)
[20:45] <Yarrow> There's a bright flash and the ground shakes.
[20:45] <Ataru> (you do get your distraction though)
[20:45] <Valery> (Oh dear)
[20:45] <Alaric> (ouch)
[20:46] <DCG> (it isnt like d20 critfails)
[20:46] <Valery> (/me pats Ataru.)
[20:46] * Valery sees the flash, and comes off the wall, waiting for the droids' reaction.
[20:46] <Yarrow> A critfail on rigging up a timer for a bomb kinda has only 1 obvious result...
[20:46] <Alaric> quietly, "wait.. thirty seconds"
[20:47] * Valery nods.
[20:47] * Alaric counts silently, his lips moving.
[20:47] * Xui-Fei nods
[20:47] <Yarrow> There's a loud rumbling and you see a large building on the other side of Upgrade shudder and gracefully collapse.
[20:48] <Yarrow> Droids rush in that direction.
[20:49] <Alaric> quietly, "That's our cue."
[20:49] * Xui-Fei gets up
[20:49] * Valery waits a few more seconds for more to leave, and then slips out towards Upgrade.
[20:49] <Alaric> quietly, "I really hope they *all* went."
[20:50] * Alaric follows Valery.
[20:50] * Koizumi stays close behind, hand on Alaric's shoulder.
[20:50] <Yarrow> You rush toward the building, trying to stay low and quiet.
[20:50] <Xui-Fei> "if they didn't they won't last long to warn the others," he says quitely
[20:50] <Alaric> (and against the buildings to our side)
[20:52] <Yarrow> Nerves are strained as you cross the street to reach the building, but there's no indication you've been noticed.
[20:52] <Ataru> (don't get too down guys, Toast will be back in 12 in game hours)
[20:52] <Valery> (Whoo!)
[20:52] <Valery> (And, our characters would get down, but they don't know he's gone yet :P )
[20:53] <Yarrow> There's a set of glass doors to the lobby to the left with a couple of zerkers standing outside facing away from the group, and to the right is what looks like a closed emergency door.
[20:54] * Valery tsks and moves up to the emergency door, looking for the controls.
[20:54] <Yarrow> There's no handle or control panel on the outside.
[20:54] * Alaric looks arounds -- is the power out?
[20:55] <Alaric> (i.e. is there anything to make an alarm go off?)
[20:55] * Valery frowns, looking back and whispering to Koizumi. "Didn't you say you were telekinetic...?"
[20:55] <Yarrow> There are lights coming from some of Upgrade's windows.
[20:56] * Xui-Fei checks to see if he can access anything of this buildings functions
[20:56] <Koizumi> "Yes, I am."
[20:56] <Yarrow> Xui-Fei taps away at his ESC. The emergency door shows up on it as being locked.
[20:57] <Yarrow> You might be able to access building-wide functions, but you might want to wait until you're inside first.
[20:57] <Yarrow> Before poking around.
[20:58] <Yarrow> The last time you tried that without being in a secure place was in the subway tunnel...
[20:58] <Valery> "Do you think you could give this door a push from inside?"
[20:58] * Xui-Fei looks at the group and says softly, "I think I can access the building but I think we better get inside before I toy with it"
[20:58] <Koizumi> "Would that still set off the alarm?"
[20:59] <Yarrow> That's just for building-wide functions, though. Giving commands to the emergency door should be a snap.
[20:59] * Valery clicks her tongue, frowning. "True... but it's either that or fight through two of those huge ones, if Xui-Fei doesn't think it's possible to open the door with that console..."
[21:00] * Koizumi shrugs. "If you want me to give it a try, it shouldn't be too hard."
[21:01] <Alaric> quietly, "As far as I'm concerned, go for it.."
[21:01] <Valery> (I'm waiting for Xui to say he can open the door, like Yarrow just clarified :P )
[21:01] <Alaric> quietly, "I could probably kick it off it's hinges..."
[21:01] <Yarrow> (So am I...)
[21:01] <Alaric> quietly, "but not quietly."
[21:02] * Koizumi begins feeling along the door with a frown. "Problem is...I don't know if I can have that much accurate control or not...I could probably rip it off it's hinges...What if I lifted someone up to a window or something on a higher floor? If we can't get this open?"
[21:02] * Xui-Fei blinks looking again, "ok I got it," he says unlocking the doors
[21:02] * Koizumi nods. "Good, problem solved."
[21:03] * Valery smiles. "Excellent, thanks Xui."
[21:03] <Yarrow> Xui-Fei unlocks the emergency door in front of you (choosing NO to the query about setting off the alarm) and has it open.
[21:03] <Alaric> quietly, "Lead the way.."
[21:03] * Valery lets Xui, he of the map and the meat shield, lead the way.
[21:03] * Xui-Fei nods
[21:03] * Xui-Fei enters first
[21:05] <Yarrow> You're in the bottom of a stairwell. There's a door that leads to the ground floor of the building, and the stairs go up.
[21:06] * Xui-Fei slowly proceeds up the stairs waiting at the closed door for the others
[21:06] * Koizumi follows in with the others, keeping her hand on someone's back while following close.
[21:06] <Valery> "What does the map say...? Basement, top floor, or somewhere else?"
[21:06] <Valery> (Retcon that, I know where now :P )
[21:06] * Valery heads up the stairs.
[21:07] <Yarrow> Valery boldly takes the lead.
[21:07] <Koizumi> (-Heading upstairs- "It's in sub-basement two. So we'd better get up to the tenth.")
[21:08] <Ataru> (I definitly need ranks in divine relationship)
[21:08] <Ataru> (the 2s like me)
[21:08] <Yarrow> You reach the 2nd floor. There's another door. Keep going up?
[21:08] <Yarrow> (DR is definitely a great investment for someone who likes playing with explosives.)
[21:09] * Alaric takes Koizumi's hand for good measure, leading her (assuming she allows it).
[21:09] * Xui-Fei opens the door
[21:09] * Valery listens at the door to make sure nothing's there and liable to come out into our backs, and then continues up.
[21:09] <Yarrow> I assume Xui-Fei refrains from opening the door into Valery's head...
[21:10] <Yarrow> Do you open the door when Valery starts going up the next flight of stairs, Xui-Fei?
[21:10] * Koizumi smiles in thanks and follows Alarix.
[21:11] * Valery whispers. "It's in one of the top floors."
[21:11] * Xui-Fei nods following up
[21:12] <Xui-Fei> (didn't open followed Val
[21:13] <Yarrow> You go up another flight of stairs and are faced with the same choice.
[21:13] <Yarrow> Keep going up?
[21:13] <Valery> "I couldn't tell exactly which floor it was, but I know it's one of the top ones... start searching on the twentieth?"
[21:14] * Valery does the same, listening for anyone liable to come out, then continuing up.
[21:14] * Xui-Fei checks the map "that was the ground floor" he says quietly, "this is..."
[21:15] <Yarrow> By the time you get to the top of the next flight, Valery is getting sick of stairs, so at least there's a slight bright side when the stairs stop here.
[21:15] <Yarrow> A door leads into the main portion of the building.
[21:15] * Valery sweatdrops. "... I guess we're going to have to try the elevators anyway... probably..." She heaves for breath. "... for the best..."
[21:16] <Xui-Fei> "possibly"
[21:16] * Koizumi nods, wiping her forehead.
[21:16] <Valery> "... as long as the droids don't hear them..."
[21:16] * Valery slips behind Xui again since he has the map.
[21:17] <Alaric> quietly, "...ding."
[21:17] <Alaric> quietly, "but if there's no other way.."
[21:17] <Xui-Fei> "stamina training you all need it" he says quietly not effected by the work out
[21:18] <Alaric> (what sort of building does this appear to be on the inside... business? offices? housing?)
[21:18] * Valery nods, wiping sweat off her brow. "Twenty flights of stairs..."
[21:18] <Alaric> (like..s tyle of architecture wise)
[21:18] <Yarrow> All you've seen is a stairwell. You can't tell.
[21:20] <Yarrow> Does someone want to listen at the door and maybe open it?
[21:20] <Yarrow> Or were you waiting for Val to catch her breath?
[21:20] <Valery> (/me was planning to go behind Xui since he has the map :P )
[21:21] * Koizumi focuses on listenign at the door.
[21:21] * Alaric will take a turn listening as well, careful not to scrunch his ears.
[21:21] <Alaric> (ear, rather)
[21:22] <Yarrow> Koizumi hears a group of people walking down what sounds like a hall, towards the door.
[21:22] <Yarrow> Their gait sounds strange though, so they're probably not human.
[21:22] * Koizumi frowns. "Something is coming...a cluster...not one of us..."
[21:23] <Alaric> quietly, "Down a flight, and we ambush them away from the door!"
[21:23] <Alaric> quietly, "two flights, hopefully it will have closed."
[21:23] <Ataru> (until you drink from the loving cup at least)
[21:23] * Alaric quickly heads down the stairs.
[21:23] <Ataru> (/me wonders if anyone will get it...)
[21:23] * Yarrow rolls some dice only to have her cat attack them.
[21:24] * Valery blinks, and follows Alaric.
[21:24] <Yarrow> Unless someone says otherwise, you all quietly follow the good doctor down a couple of flights of stairs.
[21:24] * Valery whispers as she follows. "Shouldn't... we... catch them in the choke point...?"
[21:25] <Alaric> (er, it's a stairwell, the entire thing is a choke point)
[21:25] <Alaric> quietly, "Entire damned stairwell is a choke point!"
[21:25] <Valery> "That's true..."
[21:25] <Alaric> quietly, "Hopefully they're just patrolling and don't open the door.. but if they do come down the stairs, we're not gonna bea ble to hide from them."
[21:25] <Xui-Fei> "we could do that but do you honestly think we can fight an entire building worth at once"
[21:26] <Yarrow> You get into position two flights down and wait.
[21:26] * Valery nods.
[21:26] <Yarrow> And wait. A minute has gone by and nothing has happened.
[21:26] * Xui-Fei sighs calming himself
[21:26] * Valery listens carefully.
[21:27] * Koizumi keeps an ear trained upward, listening carefully.
[21:27] <Yarrow> Another minute passes without incident.
[21:28] * Alaric sighs in relief.
[21:28] <Alaric> quietly, "Okay.. how's this sound.. we wait until the come really close, then turn away, and once they've been going away for a few seconds, we hit 'em from behind?"
[21:28] <Yarrow> It seems the people Koizumi heard aren't coming into the stairwell.
[21:28] <Valery> (Er... didn't we NOT hear them coming down?)
[21:28] <Alaric> (yeah)
[21:29] <Alaric> (everyone at this point knows they're not in the stairwell)
[21:29] <Alaric> (alaric is implying: close to the door)
[21:29] * Valery blinks. "Um... we're on a clear floor right now, why not just go to the elevator on the second or third floor instead?"
[21:29] * Koizumi shrugs,
[21:30] <Xui-Fei> "possibly" he says softly
[21:30] <Alaric> "...okay."
[21:30] <Alaric> quietly, "That actually makes more sense."
[21:31] <Yarrow> By the way, were you expecting Toast to join up with the rest of you somehow, return to Metel, or what?
[21:31] <Alaric> quietly, "wait by the door, if nobody comes by in a few minutes, go up?"
[21:31] <Alaric> (we never planned)
[21:31] <Alaric> (we had absolutely no idea how we'd get together)
[21:31] * Xui-Fei nods taking the leading slowly heading up the stairs to the door
[21:31] <Valery> (I presume we were expecting Toasty to return to Metel)
[21:32] * Valery nods.
[21:32] <Yarrow> You head to the door and listen.
[21:33] <Yarrow> How long are you planning to listen for?
[21:33] <Alaric> quietly, "think a couple minutes is long enough?"
[21:33] <Valery> "Yeah... we shouldn't take too long, the distraction will only work for so long..."
[21:35] * Alaric will listen for a couple minutes, then crack the door slowly if nobody hascome by.
[21:35] <Yarrow> After a couple of minutes, Alaric opens the door to see a carpeted hallway. It looks like it'd be appropriate for an office building.
[21:36] <Yarrow> It extends ahead and also to the right.
[21:36] * Valery glances back at Xui. "So... does your map say which way to the elevator?"
[21:38] <Yarrow> Xui-Fei starts tapping away at his ESC and in a little while points straight ahead.
[21:38] * Valery nods, and starts forward, cautiously.
[21:38] <Alaric> quietly, "quick but quiet."
[21:39] * Alaric moves forward.
[21:39] * Xui-Fei looks up seeing val move a head continues his silent movement
[21:39] <Yarrow> (Yes, I'll make a PC take an obvious action or answer a question if the player is idle too long.)
[21:39] <Valery> (/me nodnods)
[21:39] <Xui-Fei> (gomen)
[21:39] * Koizumi follows with quierly.
[21:40] * Xui-Fei keeps an eye out for any patrols if any are around
[21:41] <Yarrow> You pass some open doorways on either side. They seem to be to conference rooms.
[21:41] * Valery glances into the doorways as they pass, but focuses on moving quietly.
[21:42] <Alaric> (hmm.. raid the conference rooms for hidden loot?)
[21:42] <Alaric> (if this were final fantasy, it'd work)
[21:42] <Koizumi> (:P)
[21:42] <Xui-Fei> (that it would)
[21:42] <Alaric> quietly, "You know.. I can't help but think.. t here must be something really obvious about this place for droids to be guarding it."
[21:42] <Yarrow> (You got A Potted Plant! *item acquisition music plays*)
[21:43] * Valery nods. "Yeah... hm. Xui... does your console say anything about what people did here?"
[21:43] * Alaric keeps going, glancing into the rooms looking for anything of immediately obvious worth.
[21:43] * Xui-Fei looks in his ESC for any discription of this buildings function
[21:43] <Yarrow> You pass a restroom, a small kitchen, some little offices...
[21:44] <Xui-Fei> (least if there's any data what the building was built for, office, research or anthing?)
[21:44] <Yarrow> Xui-Fei looks down at his ESC as he walks and checks for any info on the building. After a moment, he discovers it's designated as Development.
[21:44] * Valery keeps her eye out, very tense.
[21:45] * Xui-Fei blinks, "Development?" he questions softly
[21:45] * Valery cocks her head. "Wonder what that means..."
[21:45] * Koizumi remains blank in expression.
[21:46] <Xui-Fei> "no clue," he says softly, "though we may find out"
[21:46] <Yarrow> You reach an intersection and see the elevators about 15 meters to the left.
[21:46] * Alaric gulps quietly.
[21:46] * Valery smiles, and looks around carefully before heading to the elevator.
[21:46] * Xui-Fei points to the left, "elevator's there" he annouces queetly
[21:47] * Alaric heads forward, lacking any better ideas.
[21:49] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+4
[21:49] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=10 ]{14}
[21:50] <Xui-Fei> (oh boy)
[21:50] <DCG> (nooo xui!)
[21:50] <Koizumi> (And....)
[21:50] <Yarrow> There's a confused blur of motion as Alaric reaches the elevators and suddenly a bloodstained transparent blade is protruding from his chest.
[21:50] <Yarrow> 36 dam
[21:50] <Valery> (Well... at least it wasn't Xui, for once.)
[21:50] <DCG> (wait, isnt that breaking cannon? :P )
[21:50] * Valery gasps, and moves to the side, trying to get a view of the glass droid and bringing up her rifle.
[21:51] <Koizumi> "What happened?!"
[21:51] <Alaric> "...hgghkgl.."
[21:51] <Yarrow> Val: Mind roll, please.
[21:51] <Valery> roll 2d6+5
[21:51] <McDice> Valery rolled : 2d6+5 --> [ 2d6=6 ]{11}
[21:51] * Xui-Fei blinks expecting the blade to be sticking out him but isn't
[21:52] <Yarrow> Yeah. Fire that thing in here and you may as well send up a flare and have a 3 piece band start playing at max volume, as well.
[21:52] * Valery grits her teeth, lowering the gun. "Xui!"
[21:52] <Yarrow> The glass droid yanks the blade from Alaric.
[21:52] * Xui-Fei nods
[21:52] <Yarrow> Init.
[21:52] <Xui-Fei> roll 2d6+4
[21:52] <McDice> Xui-Fei rolled : 2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=7 ]{11}
[21:52] <Valery> roll 2d6+4
[21:52] <McDice> Valery rolled : 2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=5 ]{9}
[21:53] <Alaric> roll 2d6+10 init
[21:53] <McDice> Alaric rolled : 2d6+10 init --> [ 2d6=11 ]{21}
[21:53] * Xui-Fei takes a very lucid stance
[21:53] <Koizumi> roll 2d6+3
[21:53] <McDice> Koizumi rolled : 2d6+3 --> [ 2d6=9 ]{12}
[21:53] <Koizumi> (shouldn't you always be lucid? unless drunk anyway)
[21:54] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+4
[21:54] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=8 ]{12}
[21:54] <Yarrow> Yes, I don't think that's the word you want...
[21:54] <Yarrow> Alaric is up first.
[21:54] <Xui-Fei> (sorry I ment fluid stance)
[21:54] * Alaric backs the fuck away, getting behind Xui and the rest, and tries to drain the *&#$ing bastard that just gutted him!
[21:55] <Koizumi> (You were so shocked and relieved, you wet yourself!)
[21:55] <Yarrow> Alaric: roll the attack
[21:55] <Xui-Fei> (geeze)
[21:55] <Koizumi> (I know, I'm horrible)
[21:55] <Alaric> roll 2d6+4 drain, undetectable
[21:55] <McDice> Alaric rolled : 2d6+4 drain, undetectable --> [ 2d6=6 ]{10}
[21:56] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+4
[21:56] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=9 ]{13}
[21:56] <Yarrow> Since that's at -3, you hit.
[21:58] <Yarrow> Whether it has any effect is unclear.
[21:58] <Yarrow> Koizumi is up.
[21:58] <Alaric> pained, unbelieving, "..s'not.. ??"
[21:59] <Koizumi> "Damnit...I can't tell where it is..."
[21:59] <Yarrow> The droid lunges after Alaric.
[21:59] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+4
[21:59] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=5 ]{9}
[21:59] <Alaric> roll 2d6+4 dodge
[21:59] <McDice> Alaric rolled : 2d6+4 dodge --> [ 2d6=12 ]{16}
[22:00] <Valery> (Nice dodge, that)
[22:00] * Alaric REALLY wants to get outta the way.
[22:00] <Valery> "You can't hear it?"
[22:00] <Yarrow> Who dances out of the way. Literally. Was that a pirouette?
[22:01] <Koizumi> (hmm, penelties on taking a shot?)
[22:01] <Yarrow> Any action, Koizumi?
[22:01] <Xui-Fei> (what shot?)
[22:01] <Yarrow> You'll be lucky not to hit a party member.
[22:01] <Koizumi> (You'll see :P)
[22:01] <Koizumi> (Or not)
[22:01] <Koizumi> (hold action)
[22:02] <Yarrow> Xui-Fei's up.
[22:02] * Xui-Fei slams the glass with a rapid punching attack
[22:02] <Xui-Fei> roll 2d6+8 Amuriken
[22:02] <McDice> Xui-Fei rolled : 2d6+8 Amuriken --> [ 2d6=3 ]{11}
[22:02] <Valery> (Owwwww.)
[22:02] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+4-1
[22:02] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+4-1 --> [ 2d6=4 ]{7}
[22:03] <Valery> (Double-owwwwww.)
[22:03] <Xui-Fei> (smacks twice I think 28 a pop so 56 (if my count is right))
[22:03] <Valery> (Isn't that one hit? Ah well.)
[22:04] <Yarrow> Your fist solidly slams into it twice. Cracks spiderweb its body and it collapses.
[22:04] <Xui-Fei> "god those things are anoying" he says quietly
[22:04] <Xui-Fei> (and Alaric knows how Xui feels)
[22:04] * Valery frowns, keeping an eye on it and moving towards it. "How are you, Alaric...?"
[22:04] <Valery> (Hey, at least Alaric got stabbed in the front :P )
[22:05] <Xui-Fei> (dude he got back stabbed)
[22:05] <Valery> (Er... no, I think it was hiding in the elevator, so he got front-stabbed :P )
[22:05] <Yarrow> (Backstabbed from the front, actually)
[22:05] <Xui-Fei> (ah)
[22:05] <Yarrow> It was hiding motionless in front of the elevator.
[22:05] * Alaric staggers back and falls on his ass heavily, panting, specks of blood on his lips.
[22:05] <Valery> (Gotcha)
[22:06] * Alaric clenches his eyes shut, a couple tears leaking out.
[22:06] <Xui-Fei> "lets get in there before a patrol finds this one" he says pressing the up button
[22:06] * Valery will keep watching the droid to make sure it's stopped moving.
[22:06] <Koizumi> "Do you have anything to treat that with?"
[22:07] <Alaric> "hgh... just.. moment.."
[22:07] * Alaric holds his breath.
[22:07] <Valery> (This is a GOOD time to have regen. :P )
[22:07] <Alaric> (it'll take around 30 seconds)
[22:07] * Alaric stands up about a minute later, obviously shakey.
[22:07] <Alaric> (40/40 hp, 34/40 ep)
[22:07] * Valery ducks down. "Just a second..." She lays a hand on the cracked droid. How warm does it feel? Colder than the air, warmer than the air, the same temperature...?
[22:08] * Alaric will walks over to the droid, kneel by it, and attempt to tear off its sword-arm at the elbow.
[22:08] <Yarrow> Before that minute passes, Val notices the spiderweb of cracks on the droid starting to fade.
[22:08] * Valery gasps. "It's healing!"
[22:08] <Alaric> (nm)
[22:09] <Alaric> "chrushits head or something!"
[22:09] * Valery raises her rifle, and slams the stock into the droid's head with a growl.
[22:09] <Valery> (Roll attack, or just assume it's a coup de grace?)
[22:10] <Yarrow> You manage to smash the droid before it starts moving again.
[22:10] <Valery> (Any info on how it feels, btw? Trying to find out if Metel's infrared will pick 'em up :P )
[22:11] * Valery pants for breath, and smashes its head a few more times until it shatters completely.
[22:11] <Yarrow> It feels the same temperature as the air.
[22:11] <Valery> (Gotcha)
[22:12] * Valery tsks. "Was too much to hope for... should've known it had a low enough SHC..."
[22:12] * Koizumi let's out a breath.
[22:12] * Xui-Fei lets out a relieved breath but still feels sorry for Alaric
[22:12] * Valery looks back at Alaric. "You've healed yourself? How are you...?"
[22:13] <Koizumi> "Now, someone want to explain what just went on? I heard a lot of grunting, and some smashing..."
[22:13] <Yarrow> (Afk a minute to get a drink.)
[22:13] <Valery> "Um... one of those invisible glass droids."
[22:14] <Xui-Fei> "honorless creations if there ever was any" he says
[22:14] <Xui-Fei> "there stock in trade is ambushes"
[22:14] <Koizumi> "I wonder if that's the type that I get such a strong echo off of."
[22:15] <Alaric> "ugh.. I'm almost ready to say turn your echolocation on, and damn the results, as long as we can SEE our enemies."
[22:15] <Alaric> outraged, "that HURT!"
[22:15] * Valery shrugs. "Well... it's not like honor's a big issue, we were just planning on ambushing anything we saw..."
[22:15] <Koizumi> "I'm not sure if it's the type or not...I just know there is a type which can mutually detect each other."
[22:17] <Yarrow> (Back)
[22:17] <Alaric> (does the droid shatter/dissolve, or can I try to rip its arm off)
[22:17] <Valery> (Is the droid really shattered this time? And does it seem to be un-shattering at all?)
[22:18] <Yarrow> The droid does not seem to be recovering from being shattered.
[22:18] * Xui-Fei looks at Alaric, "how do you think I felt after being stabbed in the back 4 times in a row"
[22:19] * Valery glances at Alaric. "Let's get into the elevator and discuss it on the way up, we still have a limited amount of distraction time..."
[22:19] * Xui-Fei nods getting into the elevator
[22:19] <Yarrow> Its arms are pretty much intact, but you can't rip glass arms off. You could probably ssmash them by the shoulders, though, if yo ureally want.
[22:19] <Alaric> (I just want a melee weapon)
[22:19] * Alaric procedes to get himself a droid arm + sword, liberally coated in his own blood.
[22:20] <Alaric> (Superstrength 1, so oughta be able to manage it)
[22:20] * Alaric gets in the damned elevator, careful not to poke anyone with his droid arm.
[22:20] <Yarrow> Better be careful with the back, too.
[22:20] <Xui-Fei> (ha ha)
[22:21] * Valery blinks at that weapon. "You know... there's an idea in there..."
[22:21] <Alaric> "If you want the other one, I'll get it for you"
[22:21] <Yarrow> You summon the elevator and get inside.
[22:21] <Alaric> (hey, it's a pretty nasty weapon, might as well make use of it)
[22:21] * Koizumi follows the sound of footsteps to the lift and follows in.
[22:22] <Valery> "I probably would have trouble holding it, even..."
[22:22] * Alaric hefts it.
[22:22] <Alaric> "It is somewhat on the heavy side."
[22:22] * Valery gets into the lift, and checks the buttons. How many floors are there?
[22:22] <Yarrow> There are buttons for 30 floors.
[22:23] <Yarrow> Sorry, make that 203
[22:23] <Yarrow> ...
[22:23] <Yarrow> 20
[22:23] <Valery> (... Was worried for a second there...)
[22:23] <Alaric> quietly, "Do we know which one is the right one?"
[22:23] * Valery frowns, and glances at Xui. "I think the nineteenth floor is where we should start searching, unless your console can tell where it is...?"
[22:23] <Alaric> quietly, "If so press it.."
[22:24] <Koizumi> ("Did they add a bunch of floors suddenly, or something? Or is this the Twilight Zone Vator?")
[22:24] <Valery> "It's somewhere on the upper floors, but I'm not sure which one."
[22:24] * Xui-Fei looks for the place they are suposed to go seeing which floor it's on
[22:24] <Valery> (I don't THINK it's the top floor, since that would've been really obvious on the diagram I saw, right?)
[22:25] <Yarrow> Your goal itself is not shown on the ESC. You've been able to get the plans of the floors you've been on, however.
[22:25] * Valery purses her lips. "Wait... there are more than twenty floors..."
[22:26] * Valery moans, leaning her head against the elevator wall. "It doesn't go all the way up, does it...?"
[22:26] <Xui-Fei> "so we may have more than one elevator shaft?"
[22:27] <Valery> "Or stairs from somewhere else... what do the plans say?"
[22:27] <Yarrow> The elevator doors slide closed, though the elevator doesn't go anywhere.
[22:28] <Xui-Fei> "I can bring up the floors we've been on but not anything up past this floor"
[22:28] <Alaric> maybe.. 2nd from the top?
[22:29] <Alaric> quietly, "Perhaps.. 2nd floor from teh top, to scope it out?"
[22:29] <Yarrow> Xui-Fei start checking his ESC. He quickly manages to access the plans for the 20th floor and finds another elevator going up.
[22:29] <Yarrow> (I didn't say you couldn't access higher floors. You just hadn't tried to yet.)
[22:29] * Xui-Fei blinks, "ok there is a second elevator shaft on the 20th floor going up"
[22:29] <Xui-Fei> (ah wasn't sure)
[22:30] * Valery sighs, and hits the button for the twentieth floor. "Someone built this place to be really hard to assault..."
[22:30] * Xui-Fei hits the button for 20
[22:30] <Yarrow> Valery and Xui-Fei press the button. Their fingers caress for a brief moment.
[22:30] * Xui-Fei blinks
[22:30] * Valery blinks, and looks at Xui. "... Sorry."
[22:30] <Yarrow> Valery narrowly escapes death due to the fact that Jake, Chance, and Mai aren't present.
[22:31] <Xui-Fei> "uh it's ok"
[22:31] * Koizumi remains oblivious.
[22:31] <Xui-Fei> (though Jake and Chance feel they should pound someone)
[22:31] <Valery> (Heheheh)
[22:31] <DCG> (sounds like a normal building to me, all the ofice buildings in chicago are much the same, some times with 4 of 5 defernt banks of elevators)
[22:31] * Valery blinks, feeling a sudden chill.
[22:32] <Yarrow> The elevator swiftly climbs its shaft, and soon enough the doors slide open with a happy ding.
[22:32] * Valery winces at the 'ding' and quickly looks out, hoping nothing heard that.
[22:32] <Alaric> (Blam blam BLAM!)
[22:33] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+4
[22:33] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=5 ]{9}
[22:33] <Valery> (Should I roll a dodge?)
[22:33] <Valery> (Or did I just get frontstabbed?)
[22:33] <Yarrow> Valery takes a glass blade to the head. Fortunately, it only does 24 damage.
[22:34] * Alaric cusses.
[22:34] <Alaric> (init?)
[22:34] * Xui-Fei eyes widen as slams into the glass droid full on
[22:34] * Valery shrieks, clutching at her cheek. "Aaagh!"
[22:34] <Yarrow> (Really, no precautions whatsoever when you know those things are lurking about?)
[22:34] <Yarrow> Init.
[22:34] <Alaric> roll 2d6+10 init
[22:34] <McDice> Alaric rolled : 2d6+10 init --> [ 2d6=6 ]{16}
[22:34] <Xui-Fei> roll 2d6+4
[22:34] <McDice> Xui-Fei rolled : 2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=8 ]{12}
[22:34] <Valery> roll 2d6+4
[22:34] <McDice> Valery rolled : 2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=10 ]{14}
[22:34] <Valery> (Consider me edumacated :P )
[22:35] <Koizumi> roll 2d6+3
[22:35] <McDice> Koizumi rolled : 2d6+3 --> [ 2d6=5 ]{8}
[22:35] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+4
[22:35] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=4 ]{8}
[22:35] <Yarrow> Alaric's up.
[22:35] <Valery> (... What is with Koi always moving at the exact same time as these things?)
[22:35] <Koizumi> (I wonder that often myself...)
[22:35] <Yarrow> (She really is another clone. ;) )
[22:35] * Alaric takes a swing at the glass thing with his improvised sword.
[22:36] <Alaric> roll 2d6+4
[22:36] <McDice> Alaric rolled : 2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=5 ]{9}
[22:36] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+4
[22:36] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=6 ]{10}
[22:36] <Alaric> (nuts ;p )
[22:36] <Yarrow> The droid sways to the side just far enough to evade the blow.
[22:36] * Valery growls, and brings up her rifle, slamming the buttstock into the droid's head. "That HURT!"
[22:36] <Valery> roll 2d6+4
[22:37] <McDice> Valery rolled : 2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=7 ]{11}
[22:37] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+4-1
[22:37] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+4-1 --> [ 2d6=11 ]{14}
[22:37] <Valery> (Or not.)
[22:37] <Yarrow> The droid smiles and whispers, "Good..."
[22:37] <Yarrow> Slayer of glass droids Xui-Fei is up.
[22:39] * Yarrow prepares to make Xui-Fei's roll for him.
[22:39] <Xui-Fei> again another rapid series of punches
[22:39] <Xui-Fei> roll 2d6+8 Amuriken
[22:39] <McDice> Xui-Fei rolled : 2d6+8 Amuriken --> [ 2d6=10 ]{18}
[22:39] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+4-3
[22:39] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+4-3 --> [ 2d6=4 ]{5}
[22:40] <Xui-Fei> (3 times?)
[22:40] <Yarrow> And the hall is sprayed with little chunks of glass as the droid flies apart.
[22:40] * Xui-Fei stands there fist out strech
[22:40] <Koizumi> "Apart from Valery being in pain, I take it that ended well?"
[22:41] <Alaric> "Damn.. Valery, let me get a look at that."
[22:41] * Alaric will examine Valery's wound briefly, then Heal it (24 points worth).
[22:41] * Valery winces, forcing her hand away from her cheek.
[22:41] <Valery> (Yeah, I was down to 11 hp there :P )
[22:41] <Xui-Fei> "word of advice," he says, "next time we do this I jump out and smack the glass droid"
[22:41] <Alaric> "Be careful.. your body won't stand the strain much more accelerated healing beyond that.."
[22:41] <Alaric> "Agreed."
[22:41] * Alaric heartily agrees with Xui-Fei's suggestion.
[22:42] * Valery sighs happily as it seals up. "Yeah... next time we just blow up the area in front of all the elevators..."
[22:42] <Koizumi> "Sounds like a safer plan"
[22:43] <Yarrow> The elevator doors start to slide closed.
[22:43] * Valery rubs the area where the wound on her cheek was, hits the 'open' button, and waits to step out behind Xui.
[22:44] * Xui-Fei steps out eye out for any attacks before checking where the next elavator is
[22:44] * Alaric is a little nervous at this point..
[22:44] * Valery comes out after Xui, and will follow him to the next elevator carefully. "Thank you, Alaric..."
[22:44] <Yarrow> The way to the next elevator requires you to go down a few hallways. The first step is to head right.
[22:45] * Xui-Fei points in the right direction and proceeds slowly
[22:45] <Yarrow> You walk down the first hall, keeping your ears and eyes (except Koi's) open.
[22:46] * Valery follows, still rubbing her itching cheek.
[22:46] * Koizumi remains close.
[22:47] <Yarrow> You follow it as it turns left, and start passing doorways. To the right is a room with desks and workstations.
[22:47] * Valery glances into the room.
[22:48] <Yarrow> Past that is a room on the left with computer terminals ... and a man seems to be partially under one, working on it.
[22:48] * Xui-Fei blinks
[22:48] * Xui-Fei checks his scanner if that is human or not
[22:48] <Yarrow> There are tools spread out around him.
[22:49] <Yarrow> He registers as a person but has no ID.
[22:49] * Alaric hesitates a bit.
[22:49] <Xui-Fei> "says he's human," he says softly
[22:49] * Valery blinks, and whispers to Koizumi. "Um... there's someone to the left, could you check...?"
[22:49] * Alaric brightens.
[22:50] <Alaric> quietly, "Good call, Valery."
[22:50] * Koizumi concentrates quietly, expanding out to feel for minds outside those of the group, and centering on that one in particular.
[22:50] <Yarrow> Koi: roll for it.
[22:50] <Koizumi> roll 2d6+5
[22:50] <McDice> Koizumi rolled : 2d6+5 --> [ 2d6=5 ]{10}
[22:51] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+6
[22:51] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+6 --> [ 2d6=8 ]{14}
[22:51] <Yarrow> The attempt fails.
[22:52] <Koizumi> "I can't make contact, I'm sorry. Still to new at this"
[22:52] <Alaric> quietly, "watch his initial reaction to the dead droid parts."
[22:52] * Xui-Fei nods, "it's ok Koizumi"
[22:52] <Yarrow> The man says, without looking up, "Just put it on the counter over there. I'll eat it later."
[22:52] * Alaric walks into the room.
[22:52] <Alaric> "Er, pardon me."
[22:53] * Xui-Fei blinks hearing the mans response
[22:53] <Alaric> "Could we have a word?"
[22:53] <Yarrow> His words clash with Alaric's greeting.
[22:53] * Valery blinks. "Um..."
[22:54] <Yarrow> He reaches down and swaps his current tool for another one. He says distractedly, "Sorry, I'm really busy. It's like a three armed epileptic spider monkey designed this system."
[22:54] <Valery> "Uh... why haven't you run...?"
[22:54] <DCG> (ami: Hey!)
[22:54] <Xui-Fei> "what exactly are you doing"
[22:55] <Xui-Fei> "and for that matter who are you, your ID is not showing on this" patting his ESC
[22:55] <Yarrow> Man, a bit annoyed, "Look, I've run every diagnostic program I've got!"
[22:55] * Xui-Fei smacks the man, "get a grip man"
[22:55] <Yarrow> The man finally pulls his head out from under the console.
[22:56] <Valery> "Er... no... I meant why haven't you run for safety...?"
[22:56] <Yarrow> (His line about diagnostic programs was in response to Val's question. He misunderstood it. :) )
[22:56] <Valery> (Heh, yeah, I just got that :P )
[22:57] <Yarrow> He looks around and blinks at the lot of you looking a bit confused. "Safety?"
[22:57] <Xui-Fei> "didn't you notice the damn invaison of droids around the whole entier city"
[22:57] * Koizumi keeps her ears focused.
[22:58] <Yarrow> Finally his gaze settles on Valery and he gets a look of recoginition before asking, "You--what's your specialty?"
[22:58] * Valery blinkblinks. "Um... mechanical engineering, though I have some other skills..."
[22:58] <Yarrow> He brushes off Xui-Fei's question. "No, I'm not involved in the invasion. These computers are my concern."
[22:58] <Alaric> "..."
[22:59] <Yarrow> "Finally, some help! Here, check out that panel over there and see if you can map the circuits."
[22:59] * Valery blinks and walks towards the panel. "What's wrong...? And how'd you stay unhurt...?"
[23:00] * Xui-Fei face palms muttering something along the lines 'I won't kill this man no matter how anoying he is' repeatedly
[23:01] <Yarrow> He cocks his head at Valery. "By ... following proper safety procedures?"
[23:02] <Yarrow> "Look, just tell me when you're done. With two of us working on this, we'll be into these systems in no time."
[23:02] <Xui-Fei> "you call cowering under a desk while droids patrole this building proper safety procedures"
[23:02] <Xui-Fei> "then answer this, what's so imporant about these systems"
[23:03] * Valery blinks. "Well... if there's a shelter in here, I guess it'd work... what are you trying to do?"
[23:03] * Valery lets her gun hang on the strap, and takes a look at the panel.
[23:04] <Yarrow> He stares at Xui-Fei for a long moment as though he simply can't understand what he's talking about, then speaks slowly as if to someone with a low mind stat, "I'm trying to get into these systems so we can find out what was being worked on here and get into the upper floors."
[23:04] * Xui-Fei sees if he can access the systems here with his ESC
[23:05] <Alaric> quietly, "How did you know to come here?"
[23:05] <Yarrow> The ESC is not designed to access these systems.
[23:05] * Valery purses her lips, and whispers to Xui.
[23:05] * Koizumi remains silent, listening.
[23:05] <Yarrow> "I just go where I'm ordered, pal."
[23:06] <Yarrow> "Now, excuse me, but I really have to get back to work."
[23:06] * Valery blinks. "Ordered? By who?"
[23:06] * Xui-Fei blinks at that, looking at Valery, "I'll check out the elevator and clear out the stealth droid protecting it"
[23:07] <Yarrow> He goes back under the console and picks up a tool. "Captain Mica. If you really need something to do, just go to the third floor and ask him for an assignment."
[23:07] <Valery> "Captain... who?"
[23:08] <Valery> (OOC, I'm freaking at this point, but IC, Val has no clue... :P )
[23:08] <Xui-Fei> "considering besides the only other people here is us"
[23:08] <Xui-Fei> ^You)
[23:08] <Xui-Fei> "in this whole building
[23:08] <Yarrow> "Look, I really can't talk now."
[23:09] * Xui-Fei whispers to Val
[23:09] * Valery is taking a look at the panel.
[23:09] <Xui-Fei> (mica?)
[23:09] * Valery whispers back.
[23:10] * Xui-Fei nods and heads out to check the elevator
[23:10] <Xui-Fei> (silently)
[23:10] <Koizumi> (I'm gonna need to crash soon)
[23:10] <Yarrow> The man gets out from under the console and start tapping at some keys. He isn't really paying attention to anyone else in the room.
[23:10] <Yarrow> Ok. Are people up for 20 more minutes?
[23:10] <Valery> (Easily)
[23:11] <Xui-Fei> (yeah)
[23:11] <Valery> (What am I seeing on the panel? And what's it look like the guy's doing, Yarrow?)
[23:11] <Koizumi> ok)
[23:11] <Xui-Fei> (and if your gonna run me seperate or here let me know)
[23:11] <Xui-Fei> (cause I'm heading for the elevator checking it)
[23:11] <Alaric> (20 more is fine)
[23:11] <Yarrow> It's a computer system you're not familiar with, Val.
[23:12] * Alaric stays with val for the present.
[23:12] <Valery> (What does it look like he's trying to do? Hack the security, or what?)
[23:12] <Yarrow> Which elevator are you heading to, Xui-Fei?
[23:12] <Valery> (The one that should lead us up)
[23:13] <Yarrow> You can't really tell without seeing what he's doing, Val, but it sounds like he could be. He did mention he's trying to get into the system.
[23:14] * Valery purses her lips. "Have you tried getting in normally? The systems have been fairly receptive to us, most of the time..."
[23:14] <Yarrow> Xui-Fei heads out of the room.
[23:15] <Yarrow> "Enh? If you know the passwords, I'd love to hear them."
[23:15] * Valery cocks her head. "Passwords? They seem to be set to work on our IDs and handprints..."
[23:15] <Yarrow> "Not these."
[23:16] <Valery> "I see... give me a second, I need to check something outside."
[23:17] * Valery slips out of the room, and transforms.
[23:17] <Yarrow> What's your transformation sequence involve?
[23:18] <Valery> (Bluish lights mostly, not incredibly bright or loud)
[23:18] <Valery> roll 2d6+7
[23:18] <McDice> Valery rolled : 2d6+7 --> [ 2d6=7 ]{14}
Session Close: Mon May 25 23:18:36 2009

Session Start: Mon May 25 23:18:36 2009
Session Ident: #cte
[23:18] * Disconnected
[23:19] * Attempting to rejoin channel #cte
[23:19] * Rejoined channel #cte
[23:19] * Topic is 'Next session will not end early'
[23:19] * Set by Yarrow on Fri May 22 18:06:11
[23:19] * Alaric (~alathon@c-24-16-50-237.hsd1.wa.comcast.net) Quit (Killed (NickServ (GHOST command used by Alathon|work)))
[23:19] * Alathon|work is now known as Alaric
[23:19] <Valery> (Gah, welcome back)
[23:19] <Alaric> (sorry about that)
[23:19] <Alaric> (miss anything important?)
[23:20] <Valery> (Not all that much)
[23:20] <Valery> (Last line?)
[23:20] * Valery is now known as Sophia
[23:21] <Alaric> (valery rolled : 2d6+7
[23:23] * Alaric waits with Koizumi, lacking any idea what Xui-Fei and Valery have decided to do.
[23:23] <Sophia> roll 2d6+7-3
[23:23] <McDice> Sophia rolled : 2d6+7-3 --> [ 2d6=9 ]{13}
[23:23] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+6
[23:23] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+6 --> [ 2d6=10 ]{16}
[23:23] <Sophia> (Dammit)
[23:23] * Koizumi sighs quiety and remains mostly silent.
[23:24] <Yarrow> "Enh? What the hell was that?"
[23:25] <Alaric> "What, where?"
[23:25] * Alaric massages his forehead.
[23:26] <Sophia> roll 2d6+7-3
[23:26] <McDice> Sophia rolled : 2d6+7-3 --> [ 2d6=6 ]{10}
[23:26] <Yarrow> "It sounded like someone was talking in my--there it is again!"
[23:26] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+6
[23:26] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+6 --> [ 2d6=7 ]{13}
[23:26] <Alaric> "If you don't mind me asking. wiat, what?"
[23:26] <Alaric> "Are you serious?"
[23:26] <Alaric> "Who does it sound like?"
[23:26] <Sophia> (Lucky bastard...)
[23:26] <Alaric> "That usually isn't.. well."
[23:26] * Alaric cuts off.
[23:26] <Yarrow> He gets up and rubs his temples. "I need a break."
[23:26] * Koizumi arches a brow.
[23:27] <Yarrow> He looks around and notices Val's absence. "Oh, for the love of--! The first time I get someone to help and he runs off after five minutes!"
[23:27] <Alaric> "Do you need a hand with anything nontechnical?"
[23:28] <Yarrow> "No... Look, if that guy ... or was that a woman? Oh, not like it matters... comes back, tell him to get back to that circuitry. I'll be back later."
[23:28] <Yarrow> He heads for the door.
[23:30] <Alaric> "I'll do that."
[23:30] * Alaric shrugs.
[23:30] <Alaric> "I suppose I'm not going to do much good here myself."
[23:30] <Yarrow> The man walks out and heads for the down elevator.
[23:31] <Yarrow> Mm. I guess it's been 20 minutes. We may as well end here, since Koizumi needs to call it a night.
[23:32] <Alaric> (alright)
[23:32] <Alaric> (he never reacted to the bloody droid arm, did he ;p )
[23:32] <Koizumi> Hopefully I can get a longer nap next week; people wouldn't stop invading my room to use the bleedin computer today =.=)
[23:33] <Sophia> (Dude, you think that guy noticed it? :P )
[23:33] <Yarrow> He's pretty singleminded. :)
[23:33] <Xui-Fei> (lock the door and hope they don't have blasters)
[23:33] <Koizumi> He wouldn't have noticed it if you poked him in the ribs)
[23:34] * Alaric is now known as Alathon
[23:34] * Sophia is now known as Pale_Wolf
[23:35] <Pale_Wolf> Now... how to give our PCs the 'big honkin clue' that we all have OOCly...
[23:35] * Koizumi is now known as Dorin
[23:35] * Xui-Fei is now known as Light02
[23:35] * Dorin (~dorin_rah@dpc6745120147.direcpc.com) Quit (Quit: )
[23:36] <Yarrow> I wonder if I should give a brief teaser for the start of next session.
[23:36] <Ataru> I hope Toast gets back next session
[23:37] <Pale_Wolf> Yeah... so do I.
[23:37] <Yarrow> I hope so too, but it's possible he won't. The group's getting into an action-heavy section.
[23:37] <Ataru> figures
[23:37] <DCG> Heh
[23:37] <DCG> what a was to go tho
[23:37] <Ataru> I have really shitty luck with those dice
[23:37] <Alathon> (who in CT would hold the role of captain?)
[23:37] <DCG> what does an "Oh shi-" face look like on a shoat?
[23:37] * Pale_Wolf pats Ataru.
[23:37] <Ataru> he was human at the time
[23:37] <Yarrow> Well, it'd be a pretty big letdown if there wasn't much action in the Upgrade building.
[23:38] <Ataru> and that's what he'll blame
[23:38] <Pale_Wolf> And Ala, here's an even bigger question.
[23:38] <Ataru> stupid giant human paws
[23:38] <DCG> hah!
[23:38] <Pale_Wolf> Who, in CT, would have THIS name?
[23:38] <Pale_Wolf> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mica
[23:38] <Alathon> I don't have to look it up, I know what mica is ;p
[23:38] <Alathon> but that isn't something Alaric would know
[23:38] <DCG> oy
[23:38] <Ataru> Perhaps Mica is a last name
[23:38] <Alathon> alaric *would* know if nobody in CT holds military rank ;p
[23:38] <DCG> i was banging my head on the desk for that hole time
[23:38] <Ataru> first name, For
[23:38] <Pale_Wolf> Heheheh. Yeah, and the party doesn't know about their name theme yet :P
[23:38] <DCG> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXGhvoekY44
[23:38] <Light02> oh fuck
[23:39] <Light02> ....he's a fucking droid
[23:39] <Pale_Wolf> Of course not.
[23:39] <Ataru> no
[23:39] <Pale_Wolf> He's a fucking Beth.
[23:39] <Ataru> I think he's being mindcontrolled
[23:39] <Ataru> yeah
[23:39] <Pale_Wolf> So now I'm trying to figure out how to act ICly, while still not screwing us over too intensely :P
[23:39] <Light02> ah
[23:39] <Light02> well Xui got starttled badly....I found some vending machines
[23:40] <Ataru> so, what will be the in charachter reactions to Toast's untimely death? :P
[23:40] <DCG> consdering just how easy everything has worked or opened for the party so far, even top level shit, that some one who's suposed to do that job wouldnt need to hack and jimmy his way in.
[23:40] <Ataru> and his eventual ressurection
[23:40] <Ataru> the second coming of Toast
[23:40] <Light02> and in true Hitchikers fashion they were trying to be thankfull for a potenial customers
[23:40] <Pale_Wolf> Well... why broadcast, you'll see it sooner or later anyway :P
[23:40] <Pale_Wolf> And yeah, DC, that's the thing I latched onto to twig Val's suspicion :P
[23:40] <Alathon> but yeah, is someone holding military rank a dead giveaway they'r enot from CT?
[23:41] * Yarrow changes topic to '2 cp for session'
[23:41] <Pale_Wolf> Well... it might be, except Val's fairly convinced CT has SOME variety of military, considering her helicopter.
[23:41] <Ataru> no extra CP for Toast's valiant sacrafice ;p
[23:42] <Yarrow> One bonus cp to dear, departed Toast, who died from a critfail, doing what he loved most.
"Last week, I tried praying. But I found I was only talking to myself. Don't worry, I learned my lesson last time. This time, no disciples!" - N. Reynolds, To Tell a Hawk from a Handsaw
Alathon
User avatar
Chibi Sailor Senshi
Posts: 322
 

Re: Once again! DCG- Crystal Tokyo BESM game. Survival-Horror

Postby Alathon » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:47 am

Session 4

[17:01] <Yarrow> All right, who's ready?
[17:01] <Light02> I know the SNES original (well US version) had a very sped up high pitched verison, the PSX version slowed the laugh, simular to the Super Famicom version (yes I'm playing a traslated patch of the original VI hell of alot better than even the original SNES adaptation)
[17:01] <Dorin> I'm here
[17:01] <Pale_Wolf> I'm ready.
[17:01] <Light02> not I yet
[17:01] <Yarrow> How long will you be, Light?
[17:02] <Alathon> here
[17:02] <Light02> not a clue dinner is just about to be served here
[17:03] <Yarrow> Ok, we have three players. We can start if people want.
[17:04] <Dorin> I don't mind either way, oh Queen
[17:04] <Alathon> I'm donw
[17:04] <Yarrow> Anyone who wants to start now, just get into character.
[17:04] <Alathon> wierd, ataru's usually pretty good
[17:05] * Alathon is now known as Alaric
[17:05] * Pale_Wolf is now known as Valery
[17:05] * Dorin is now known as Koizumi
[17:06] <Alaric> (where are we picking up? Alaric was offscreen last session)
[17:06] <Yarrow> Ok, when we left off, Xui-Fei, Valery, and XF's admirer's were working on Metel.
[17:07] <Yarrow> Alaric had gone inside to decompress and Koizumi had gone inside to get warmed up and have a hot meal.
[17:08] <Yarrow> The rain weather has gone from pouring, to clear, to drizzling, pouring, drizzling, clear, drizzling.
[17:08] <Yarrow> A couple of hours (sound right, Pale?) have gone by and work on Metel will be done shortly.
[17:09] <Valery> (Probably, yeah)
[17:09] <Yarrow> Alaric and Koizumi can return to Metel, talk elsewhere, or do something else, if they like.
[17:10] <Yarrow> Koizumi has been given a room in Jake & Chance's suite and given clothing and other necessities.
[17:10] <Valery> (Would there be materials for a tent to put over the repair work? It strikes me that that'd be a good idea for more than one reason :P )
[17:10] <Valery> (And Val would've thought of it at some point, at least)
[17:10] <Yarrow> You manage to get one rigged up.
[17:10] <Koizumi> 9
[17:10] <Valery> (Yes, they can't see us from orbit now!)
[17:11] <Yarrow> Oh, someone bring in a dicebot, please. DCG?
[17:11] <Koizumi> ("Hey, Pilot your floor's all wet. I'm not mopping this up...")
[17:11] <Alaric> (from orbit: "oooh, refugee tent.. let's play 'pin the positron cannon on the helpless humans!'")
[17:11] <Yarrow> ("There's a suspicious looking tent on top of that building, sir." "Hmmm. Better hit it from orbit.")
[17:11] <DCG> eh
[17:11] <DCG> hang on
[17:12] <Valery> (Heh)
[17:12] <Koizumi> ("Damn those orbital satellites, back in my day when you threw up camo on the vehicle, nothing ABOVE the ground level could see it!")
[17:12] * McDice (~PyroRaven@c-76-16-37-215.hsd1.il.comcast.net) has joined #cte
[17:13] <Yarrow> roll 2d6 enemy attack test
[17:13] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6 enemy attack test --> [ 2d6=5 ]{5}
[17:13] * Valery rubs a bit of grease off her cheek. "When we have time I think we may need to repaint... the blizzard paint is pretty, but too visible..."
[17:14] <DCG> (if you consider that most the buildings around you and even rubble is made of crystal, being blue and white is sorts camo.)
[17:14] * Alaric shows up at the repair site cleaned up, his hair a sodden mass of silver.
[17:14] <Koizumi> (Deadpan "Yes, the paint scheme is lovely...I agree whole heartedly")
[17:14] <Yarrow> Where's Koizumi?
[17:15] * Valery waves as Alaric shows up. "Are you feeling better?"
[17:15] * Koizumi now wrapped in something warmer, and not chilled to the bone, stands by quietly. Listening to the work. "Now, the pressing question on my mind...who are you people?"
[17:15] <Yarrow> ("We're ... the A-team!")
[17:15] * Valery blinkblinks.
[17:16] <Valery> "Survivors?"
[17:16] <Alaric> "Actually, yes, a lot."
[17:16] * Alaric looks better, his tail waving lazily rather than hanging motionless behind him.
[17:16] * Koizumi gives her cane a swing. "I'm sorry, wrong way to phrase it. Let's try again. I'm Koizumi, who are you guys?"
[17:17] * Alaric turns to face Koizumi.
[17:17] <Alaric> "I'm Doctor Alaric."
[17:17] <Alaric> "I moonlight as Sailor Nietzsche."
[17:17] * Valery bows slightly from her perch on the helicopter. "Valery Shein... um... Sailor Sophia, I suppose."
[17:18] <Yarrow> "Jake." "Chance."
[17:19] <Alaric> ".. and you're Sailor Phobos, right?"
[17:19] <Yarrow> "I'm still Mai."
[17:19] * Alaric sounds out the word carefully.
[17:19] * Koizumi nods, not looking anywhere but straight ahead, eyes constantly closed. "Thank the kami...Ah, yeah...I guess...was there a senshi recruiting drive I'm not aware of sighing up for, or something?"
[17:19] <Alaric> (aw hell, that name WAS used, wasn't it?)
[17:19] <Alaric> (now I can't remember ;p )
[17:20] <Alaric> "I don't know.. I'd thought we were drafted, as it were, but children have been impacted as well."
[17:20] <Yarrow> It was.
[17:20] * Alaric hesitates, looking a little grim.
[17:20] <Yarrow> By the other one, if no one else.
[17:20] <Alaric> "Perhaps we have.. inherited.. our mantles."
[17:20] <Alaric> "Though how I, a youma, would come to possess this position is quite beyond me. Senshi were human, after all."
[17:20] * Valery winces. "We will need to find out at the palace..."
[17:20] * Koizumi shrugs. "I'd be dead otherwise."
[17:21] * Alaric bites his lip, and looks over at Valery.
[17:21] <Alaric> "How are the repairs going?"
[17:22] * Valery rubs the helicopter's skin. "It still looks a little messy, but she can handle anything we ask of her again."
[17:22] * Koizumi points in the direction of Alaric's voice, speaking softly. "And thank you, for earlier. I feel much better."
[17:23] * Alaric looks back to Koizumi, smiling a little.
[17:23] <Alaric> "Think nothing of it, I was glad to help.. you looked in a bad way back there."
[17:23] <Yarrow> It's pretty obvious that Koizumi has some way of seeing, even if she isn't using her eyes.
[17:23] <Alaric> (we're all too polite to broach the subject ;p )
[17:24] <Yarrow> Jake: "So, any sign of Keiko?"
[17:24] <Alaric> "I'm hesitant to ask, but.. how are things out there?"
[17:24] <Alaric> "We've.."
[17:24] * Alaric looks over at Jake.
[17:24] <Alaric> "No."
[17:25] * Valery winces.
[17:25] <Alaric> "..and I'm almost thankful for that. We need some sort of contingency plan for dealing with a clone of her."
[17:25] <Yarrow> Jake: "Maybe... Better for a Keiko to come back now than when we're all out."
[17:25] <Alaric> "I don't see how we'll be able to logic out the identify of a little kid."
[17:25] <Alaric> "Agreed."
[17:26] <DCG> (kill them all just to be sure)
[17:26] <Alaric> (stupid morals are such a pain in the ass)
[17:27] <Yarrow> Chance: "Things up here have been going well. Rain on and off, and repairs are just about done."
[17:27] * Valery holds up a hand. "Um... I seem to... I don't know, just know things as Sophia... should I give it a try?"
[17:27] * Koizumi simply listens quietly, staring off into space.
[17:28] * Alaric shrugs.
[17:28] <Alaric> "If you think it'll work.. just not for too long."
[17:29] <Alaric> "There seems to be some relationship between how long we remain Senshi, and how long it takes to.. recharge. Or whatever."
[17:29] * Alaric looks over at Koizumi.
[17:29] <Alaric> hopefully, "I don't suppose you have any insight into that?"
[17:29] * Alaric then cringes at the horrible pun he made.
[17:29] <Valery> "Ah... I meant for checking if it's another clone, actually... hm. I wonder if I could find her, though..."
[17:31] * Koizumi snickers at Alaric and shrugs. "I feel more tired and drained after I drop the transformation."
[17:33] <Yarrow> Chance: "We should have taken that clone's body."
[17:34] <Valery> (Didn't it dissolve?)
[17:34] <Valery> (/me remembers it dissolving for some reason)
[17:35] <Yarrow> I think you were more concerned with Metel than watching the body after you shot it.
[17:35] <Valery> (True indeed)
[17:36] <Alaric> "You're right."
[17:36] <Alaric> "..though at least I have a blood sample."
[17:36] * Koizumi shudders at the memory.
[17:36] <Alaric> "Who knows if there's any use we can put a single spot of blood to, though.."
[17:37] <Koizumi> "I just hope they can't make any more."
[17:37] * Alaric shakes his head a little, his ears twitching.
[17:38] <Alaric> "We should operate on the assumption that they have the capacity to make more, and the desire to."
[17:38] <Alaric> "... your clone was much more capable, combat wise, than all but the strongest droids we've faced."
[17:38] * Valery nods. "If they can make one, they can probably make more..."
[17:38] <Alaric> "Even with a three day lifespan, they could be used to attack us."
[17:38] * Koizumi shudders again, rubbing her arms. "It was almost a perfect duplicate"
[17:38] <Alaric> "Hmm.. there was something I'd meant to ask you about. Your.. mind reading?"
[17:38] <Alaric> "How does that work?
[17:39] <Light02> (back)
[17:39] * Light02 is now known as Xui-Fei
[17:39] <Alaric> (wb)
[17:39] <Valery> (Yo yo)
[17:39] * Koizumi shrugs. "I don't know really. It just started not long ago, I guess about the same time most of us noticed these weird powers...maybe. I can pick up thoughts if I concentrate."
[17:40] <Xui-Fei> (we still up topside working on Metal?)
[17:40] <Yarrow> Work is just about done. Alaric & Koi have rejoined you.
[17:40] * Xui-Fei looks up from his lifting nodding to Doc and Blind Swordwoman
[17:41] <Alaric> "What am I thinking of now?"
[17:41] <Koizumi> (am I to assume we're still in power-down mode?)
[17:41] <Yarrow> No, it's been hours.
[17:42] <Koizumi> (oh...-checks for those numbers for mind probing-)
[17:42] * Ataru is now known as Toast
[17:42] <Xui-Fei> "hey doc.....Koizumi was it?"
[17:42] <Toast> (Motherfucking hell)
[17:42] <Valery> (Yo Ataru, what happened?)
[17:42] <Toast> (sorry, my dad promised he'd drive me home)
[17:42] * Koizumi looks at Alaric, concentrating quietly.
[17:42] <Toast> (then he had his sister in law drop me off at the train station)
[17:43] <Yarrow> Roll it, Koi.
[17:43] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : it, Koi. --> error: malformed expression
[17:43] <Toast> (>_<)
[17:43] <Toast> (can someone PM me a summary)
[17:43] <Alaric> (it's two-ish hours later, we're all at Metel with repairs about finished, chatting)
[17:43] <Yarrow> It's only a couple of screens or so if you want to scroll back, Ataru.
[17:43] <Alaric> (Koizumi was inside warming up getting food etc, Alaric was chilling out with Dizzy)
[17:44] <Koizumi> roll 2d6+5
[17:44] <McDice> Koizumi rolled : 2d6+5 --> [ 2d6=11 ]{16}
[17:44] <Alaric> (do I need to make an opposed roll?)
[17:44] <Koizumi> (against whatever defenses Al has...although on that roll)
[17:44] <Koizumi> (opposed mind, if you're resisting, but if you arent, no need)
[17:45] <Toast> (anyone?)
[17:45] <Alaric> (I don't think he really knows how to resist or not resist.. so I'll assume some reflexive resistance)
[17:45] <Alaric> roll 2d6+4
[17:45] <McDice> Alaric rolled : 2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=6 ]{10}
[17:45] <Valery> (Er... Toasty, Ala just told you :P )
[17:45] <Alaric> (does Alaric feel anything?)
[17:46] <Yarrow> Alaric feels nothing.
[17:46] <Alaric> "Er.. are you doing it?"
[17:47] * Koizumi frowns. "What's 'twelve' got to do with anything? Who is Keiko? And...naughty...Doctor...very naughty"
[17:47] <Alaric> "ahh.. that's enough."
[17:47] * Valery blinkblinks.
[17:47] * Xui-Fei blinks
[17:47] * Valery cocks her head.
[17:47] <Alaric> "Your discretion is appreciated."
[17:47] * Alaric says that part a bit firmly.
[17:48] * Koizumi nods and sighs. "We really have to be on guard if they can make more of those clones. You could fill a room with people...anywhere within a good distance."
[17:48] <Alaric> "Keiko is the child-senshi I mentioned earlier. By all appearances, she chased after us when we left her behind here, and is now missing."
[17:48] * Koizumi nods quietly to Alaric, filing that away for later.
[17:49] * Alaric looks over at Valery.
[17:49] <Alaric> "Valery, do you know if there's any way to connect the communicator in Metel to something here at HQ?"
[17:49] <Alaric> "If we're going to go out.. we'll need to stay in touch."
[17:50] <Xui-Fei> "well I can communicate with my computer" gesturing to the computer on his left wrist
[17:50] * Alaric blinks.
[17:50] * Valery purses her lips. "I haven't really had a chance to look into that, but if we can find a reciever somewhere it should be possible."
[17:50] * Alaric looks over at xui-Fei.
[17:51] * Koizumi sighs and sweeps back her hair. "And I'm fairly potent with that telekenesis stuff too...oh sweet kamisama to become more a burden than a help."
[17:51] <Alaric> "Oh.. that's even better, really!"
[17:51] * Valery nods.
[17:51] * Alaric then looks over at Koizumi, a little bothered, ears twitching.
[17:51] <Alaric> "A burden.. what do you mean?"
[17:51] <Alaric> "You haven't been a burden to us, if that's what you're implying.."
[17:52] * Koizumi shrugs. "Not directly, but so easily replicate so much power...it's disturbing"
[17:53] <Alaric> "Their larger droids are more dangerous, at least in combat, mounted with heavy weaponry.. it's the, well.. not knowing who's who, that bothers me the most."
[17:54] * Valery shivers, nodding.
[17:54] * Toast climbs up Valery's back, and onto his shoulder, a peice of Toast clutched in his mouth
[17:54] * Koizumi nods quietly. "As long as they can't easily scan minds, then I don't suppose it's that big an issue."
[17:54] * Alaric hesitates a little, then continues.
[17:54] <Yarrow> (Toast shows off his perverted exhibitionist tendencies.)
[17:54] <Alaric> "I don't think they can.. none of them have indicated they could. They were quite good at attackign us, though."
[17:54] <Toast> (err, toast, lower case)
[17:54] <Toast> (XD)
[17:55] <Yarrow> Jake: "Though Koi's clone might have been able to, since Koi can?"
[17:55] <Alaric> ".. if you don't mind me asking, you seem to have some trouble with your eyesight.. but don't have trouble getting around. How does that work?"
[17:55] <Valery> ('Her', at the moment :P )
[17:56] <Yarrow> (We all know Val's just never going to bother changing back to a man. ;) )
[17:56] <Valery> (Heh)
[17:56] <Alaric> (Doctor Alaric will just give her the pamphlets on gender identity)
[17:56] <Yarrow> (The queen always fixed little problems like that right up.)
[17:56] <Koizumi> "I'm completely blind, my eyes have never worked. But when all these other powers began manifesting, I've picked up a kind of...I guess ultra-sonic eyesight. I can see through hearing, if that makes any sense. Although, I can only map out solid surfaces, I can't see through them..." drops to a mutter. "I hate windows"
[17:56] <Alaric> (er, which way?)
[17:57] <Alaric> (the way the people wanted, or the way the queen figured they'd be best?)
[17:57] <Valery> (The way the queen figured best, of course ;) )
[17:57] <Yarrow> (A good talk with her always straightened people out. So to speak.)
[17:57] <Valery> (/me shivers)
[17:58] * Xui-Fei blinks
[17:58] <Alaric> (hmph.. a thousand years of whitebread humanity.. do we even still have adult stores?)
[17:58] <Yarrow> (Yes. She doesn't have a problem with sex, kinky sex, homosexuality, etc.)
[17:59] <Alaric> (okay, good)
[17:59] <Yarrow> (But if someone's having problems that makes them unhappy, she snaps her fingers and makes them happy.)
[17:59] <Xui-Fei> "not being able to see sucks," he says in agreement, "Sensei had the idea to blindfold me for 3 weeks to work on suitational awereness and blind fighting"
[17:59] <Koizumi> (Sky's influence rippled across even in this timeline)
[17:59] <Alaric> "See through hearing.. does that work in the rain?"
[17:59] <Xui-Fei> "I had more bruses from that 3 weeks then I ever had in my whole time with Sensei
[17:59] <Toast> (lol)
[18:00] * Valery clucks her tongue. "It should. It would look different, but it should work, I think."
[18:00] * Toast continues munching on his toast
[18:00] <Alaric> "All that white noise.."
[18:00] <Koizumi> "It muffles it, just like it dampens sounds. But I've hear thick rain makes even seeing difficult, so it's simply something that affects everyone."
[18:00] * Alaric nods.
[18:00] <Alaric> "As long as it isn't totally crippling.. we were planning to make our next move in the rain, for cover."
[18:00] * Alaric then looks a little abashed.
[18:01] <Alaric> "I'm assuming something, though, aren't I.."
[18:01] <Alaric> "Are you willing to help us fight?"
[18:01] <Alaric> quickly, "I understand that you just got this shoved on you, and you didn't have any say in it."
[18:01] * Valery smiles to herself.
[18:01] <Koizumi> "Not like I have anything better to do, and...I think a little retribution is in order"
[18:02] * Alaric twitches his ears.
[18:02] <Toast> "Yeeeesss, vengeance must be ours!"
[18:02] <Alaric> "You're not the only one..."
[18:02] <Alaric> "Just, please, don't make it your only priority."
[18:02] * Toast looks around... "Did I say that outloud?"
[18:02] * Alaric faces Toast.
[18:02] <Alaric> "Indeed you did."
[18:03] * Valery pats Toasty on the head. "Yes."
[18:03] <Alaric> "..I do not think any of us will think less of you, that your heart cries out for vengeance."
[18:03] <Yarrow> Mai: "I wonder if the bad guys are smart enough to send us two clones and have only one of them turn on us..."
[18:03] * Valery winces.
[18:03] <Yarrow> She doesn't seem particularly concerned and continues cleaning up.
[18:03] * Xui-Fei blinks again
[18:04] * Alaric is brought up short by that.
[18:04] * Alaric looks over at Valery.
[18:04] <Alaric> "If you could ask Sophia.. or however that works.. give it a shot."
[18:05] * Koizumi sighs and shakes her head at Mai's words. "Well, I suppose it's a risk you have to consider for yourselves. I can't really do much more to prove who I am."
[18:05] * Valery blinks, cocking her head. "Ask... what do you want me to ask...?"
[18:06] <Alaric> "Well, you'd mentioned knowing things in your Senshi form.."
[18:07] * Alaric hesitates, then continues.
[18:07] <Alaric> "How do you identify a real Senshi?"
[18:07] * Valery blinks. "I'm... not really sure... I was a little focused on other things before..."
[18:07] <Koizumi> "The Queen could do it...maybe? Or one of the other senshi?"
[18:08] * Koizumi shrugs.
[18:08] <Xui-Fei> "huh you mean there's some way to tell us apart from the rest of the people?"
[18:09] * Alaric shrugs.
[18:09] <Alaric> "It's a shot in the dark.. but, this can't be normal."
[18:09] <Koizumi> "Who knows? I'm not exactly a pro at this"
[18:09] * Alaric waves his hand at.. well.. Senshi-ness.
[18:09] * Valery purses her lips. "Why not...? The senshi appeared in the first place... why couldn't it happen again?"
[18:10] <Alaric> "I.. don't know."
[18:10] <Alaric> frustrated, "None of this makes any sense at all!"
[18:10] <Alaric> "We've been left with cryptic instructions, dots on a map with nearly meaningless labels.."
[18:11] <Alaric> "SOMEONE knew something was coming, and probably that we existed.. or would exist."
[18:11] * Alaric runs his right hand through his hair forcefully.
[18:11] * Valery nods. "Someone left that defence system for us to coordinate, and this building..."
[18:12] * Koizumi sighs and leans back on her cane quietly. "All we can do is move forward, then?"
[18:12] <Yarrow> Jake: "Metel can find senshi but couldn't tell the other Phobos was a fake, right?"
[18:13] * Valery nods. "That's the defensive system that's been transmitting to us... it can't seem to tell the difference, that other one was labelled as an ally as well..."
[18:13] <Yarrow> Jake: "Maybe the mysterious upgrade will help?"
[18:14] * Valery rubs her eyes. "I hope so..."
[18:14] <Toast> "Maybe it's a trap."
[18:14] <Toast> "Like the fake senshi was."
[18:14] <Yarrow> Chance: "Maybe. Or maybe the fake wasn't even looking for us."
[18:14] <Toast> "I say we level the building. If it's a trap it's foiled, if it really is an upgrade, it's out of their hands."
[18:15] <Xui-Fei> "hmm...so you saying the need for this would of come one day or another?
[18:15] * Koizumi remains quiet, not really able to interject anything into this.
[18:15] * Valery flicks Toast's head lightly. "You would."
[18:16] <Xui-Fei> "so your basically sayind someone knew this was comming but wasn't able to train the nessary personel...who in there right mind would stop so short"
[18:16] <Xui-Fei> (back at the palace the queen sneezes)
[18:16] <Alaric> "Good question.. and for that matter, should we trust such a person?"
[18:16] <Alaric> "Should we allow ourselves to be led around by the nose?"
[18:16] <Yarrow> Chance: "And where are the rea--regular senshi?"
[18:16] <Alaric> bleakly, "Dead or fled?"
[18:17] <Xui-Fei> "both possible," he says
[18:17] * Valery sighs. "That's why we need to get to the palace soon so we can find out..."
[18:17] <Alaric> "Hmm.. Xui-Fei, your
[18:17] * Koizumi sighs and nods. "If the palace is in bad shape, that's where they'd be...maybe"
[18:17] <Alaric> "Your Sensei.. if we found him, could we count on him to train normal people to fight at least half-decently?"
[18:18] <Xui-Fei> "yes it's possible"
[18:18] * Alaric mutters, "... train me too.."
[18:18] <Xui-Fei> "basic manuvers and stuff but yes, it'd take too long to train this number to me or even his skill"
[18:18] <Toast> (Toast needs ranks in Stoat-fu)
[18:18] <Alaric> "I don't think we've even really addressed the problem of having a hundred or more traumatized people with nothing much to do hanging around here."
[18:19] <Alaric> "Never mind defending them!"
[18:19] * Valery rubs her eyes. "We're lucky in some respects... at the very least whoever our benefactor is left us enough equipment to work with, plenty of weapons in the armoury, but..."
[18:19] <Koizumi> "Not enough information to get by with, or a secure enough bunker to hide in?"
[18:20] <Toast> "But no one knows how to use them."
[18:20] <Yarrow> Chance: "Well, on our own, we have no idea what to do or even where it's safe. At least our benefactor guided us to equipment and a base."
[18:20] <Xui-Fei> "yes and if we meet him or her they'll have my thanks at least"
[18:21] <Yarrow> Chance: "I'm just saying, we don't have much to go on if we *don't* follow the suggestions."
[18:21] * Valery nods. "Now... I'm not satisfied. Why didn't they do anything but give us equipment? They could have trained people, they have a base of production to have a whole army... These things do need answering, but we've been played straight with so far."
[18:21] * Xui-Fei nods, "agreed we probably need to investigate any lead we can find to at least geta grasp at what in the hell is going on"
[18:22] <Alaric> "We need to capture some of the enemy..."
[18:22] * Alaric looks over at Koizumi.
[18:22] <Yarrow> (There's one! :) )
[18:22] <Alaric> "If we do, are you willing to interrogate them?"
[18:22] * Koizumi nods. "If I can."
[18:22] <Alaric> (Alaric is totally no-selling Mai's suggestion at this point, he can only juggle so much int he way of headgames before shelving it all)
[18:23] <Valery> (Heheheheh)
[18:23] <Valery> (Well, you DO have two interrogators, at least... :P )
[18:24] <Alaric> "... our plan, earlier, was to cause a distraction near the map spot labelled 'upgrade' and investigate it."
[18:24] <Alaric> "Other issues we need to address are, what's going on at the palace, and where is Keiko?"
[18:24] <Toast> ("Who cares about the little window licker?")
[18:25] <Yarrow> (Awww, not going to really say it? :) )
[18:25] <Alaric> ("We need target practice.")
[18:25] <Toast> "Who cares about the little window licker?"
[18:25] * Alaric shoots Toast a reproving glance.
[18:25] * Valery blinks. "... Window licker?"
[18:25] * Toast grumbles about dumb brats with freakish strength
[18:25] <Alaric> "She may have been exceptionally vexing, Toast, but.."
[18:25] * Alaric trails off.
[18:25] <Toast> "What? She's probably strangling droids with her jump rope."
[18:25] * Alaric hesitates for a moment.
[18:25] <Alaric> "Okay, I'm glad she's gone too. There, happy?"
[18:25] * Koizumi keeps her face neutral while listening to the myrid conversation.
[18:26] * Alaric lashes his tail back and forth.
[18:26] <Yarrow> Jake: "Chance and I were terrified someone would suggest she bunk with us."
[18:27] <Toast> "She almost killed me!"
[18:27] * Valery frowns. "She's... a handful, but she's still just a child..."
[18:27] <Koizumi> "Sounds like you were having a delightful time with her"
[18:27] <Alaric> "Yeah, well, if you had to bunk with her, I'd have to babysit her the rest of the time."
[18:27] * Alaric looks over at Toast.
[18:27] <Alaric> "and yeah, there's that too.."
[18:27] * Alaric takes a deep breath, and sighs.
[18:27] <Alaric> "None of which changes the fact that she's out there somewhere, possibly being cloned, and that we need to account for the possibly of a clone of her returning here."
[18:28] <Toast> "Can we kill it?"
[18:28] <Alaric> "And no matter how much she vexes us, 'shoot on sight' is not an option, if only because we cannot count on the people here winning a fight with her."
[18:29] * Alaric looks around hopefully.
[18:29] * Valery rubs her eyes. "If it's a clone we probably should kill it, but... ugh..."
[18:29] <Alaric> "Surely someone has a good idea as to how to deal with this?"
[18:29] <Alaric> "We're not going to sit around here forever, waiting.."
[18:29] <Yarrow> Jake says to Koi: "She was a kid. With super powers. Who wanted to 'help' us. Normal kids are bad enough."
[18:29] <Toast> "I can mine the hell outta the entrance."
[18:30] <Alaric> (oh god I want to say yes)
[18:30] * Koizumi bites her lip at the suggestion, but says nothing.
[18:30] <Alaric> "Our people might need to use the entrances and exits."
[18:30] <Valery> "We could try to have the people who take her back in bring her to a contained area, but... we can't bet that they can..."
[18:30] <Alaric> (I want to come back from a mission and see our HQ plastered with Keikobits)
[18:30] * Alaric closes his eyes and massages his forehead.
[18:31] <Alaric> "Okay, how about this, we leave Keiko instructions to meet us at some random spot away from here."
[18:31] <Yarrow> Chance: "If we're going for the upgrade, maybe we should go out and get back as quickly as possible. It might help us with the clone problem, and it might take a while to clone someone, anyway."
[18:32] * Alaric looks over at Chance.
[18:32] * Valery nods. "Okay... and then we check her there, if... one of her... shows up?"
[18:32] <Alaric> "Probably wishful thinking, but hey.. we can hope."
[18:32] * Alaric looks at Valery.
[18:32] <Alaric> "Exactly. At least if things turn ugly, it won't be here."
[18:32] <Alaric> "and unless her clone is here to massacre everyone, it'll probably go along with it."
[18:32] <Alaric> "And if it's really her, she'll go along with it.. maybe."
[18:32] * Valery coughs. "Um..."
[18:33] <Valery> "That's precisely why I don't want one of those clones getting in... Phobos was... very..."
[18:33] * Valery shivers.
[18:33] <Yarrow> Chance: "If you want really wishful thinking, maybe a clone of her wouldn't even know where this building is, unless they managed to get Keiko to talk."
[18:33] <Yarrow> Chance frowns as she says the last part. "... never mind."
[18:33] <Alaric> to Chance, "Yeah, no doubt they'll have great trouble getting an eight year old to.. yeah."
[18:34] * Alaric looks around.
[18:34] <Alaric> "Any better ideas?"
[18:34] <Koizumi> "Not a one"
[18:34] <Toast> "You guys don't like my ideas."
[18:34] <Yarrow> The NPCs shake their heads.
[18:34] * Valery purses her lips. "Your idea is a good one... as long as nobody opens the door to her, they at least have a chance."
[18:34] <Alaric> "if not, let's pick some open space.. a park or something, where it'd be hard to hide a hundred droids."
[18:35] * Alaric looks over at Toast.
[18:35] <Alaric> "Your idea has merit, Toast, but isn't feasible."
[18:35] <Xui-Fei> "well titan park would work...unless that lady is still there"
[18:35] <Alaric> "At least in part because if I become seperated from the group, I do not want the precedent to be "kill on sight""
[18:36] <Alaric> (presumably we can just pick some spot on a map)
[18:36] <Yarrow> Chance: "You're a wise man, Alaric."
[18:36] <Toast> "There's always my park."
[18:36] <Koizumi> "A solid voice of reason, at least"
[18:36] * Valery covers a slight chuckle.
[18:36] <Toast> "Of course, it's a giant smoking crater now..."
[18:36] <Alaric> "Badly out of my league is what I am.. but thank you, nonetheless."
[18:36] <Alaric> to toast, "That sounds ideal."
[18:37] <Alaric> "If we have to wreck it, nobody will miss it."
[18:37] * Alaric looks up -- what's the weather like just now?
[18:38] * Valery nods. "Now... hm. We need to find one of those glass droids and see whether they show up on Metel's scanners, or they could fill the park with them..."
[18:38] <Yarrow> It's currently drizzling. But you hear a rumble of thunder in the distance. At least, you're pretty sure it's thunder.
[18:38] <Koizumi> "I can detect some of them...but they can detect me in turn"
[18:38] <Alaric> (they just dropped an asteroid on the palace.. we have about 5 seconds before the shockwave hits)
[18:39] * Valery frowns, looking off that way.
[18:39] <Yarrow> Mai: "Oh? I was wondering why all the droids in the neighborhood suddenly started heading for our rooftop."
[18:39] <Valery> "Looks like it's about to start raining again..."
[18:39] <Koizumi> "Hey, how was I suppose to know...it was just one in particular. Lesson learned"
[18:39] * Koizumi taps her cane in irritation.
[18:39] <Toast> (wait, what?)
[18:40] <Yarrow> (A reference to Koi's solo.)
[18:40] * Alaric frowns.
[18:40] <Alaric> "Do you need your.. echosounding, in Senshi form?"
[18:40] * Valery purses her lips. "Yeah... maybe we should try avoiding that if we can, we're so outnumbered we really need to hide..."
[18:40] * Xui-Fei blinks contempating that
[18:41] <Koizumi> "It's my primary means of seeing."
[18:41] <Alaric> "... and it will attract droids."
[18:41] * Alaric ponders this.
[18:41] <Alaric> "What's your secondary mean? And do you need it as ASenshi?"
[18:42] <Koizumi> "Only a particular type. I suppose I could turn it off, if there's a need"
[18:43] * Koizumi sighs. "My hearing is my only other useful sense. And yes, I do to 'see' but I can fight without it. So long as I can hear the enemy"
[18:43] <Xui-Fei> "that might be usefull aginst the glass types"
[18:43] <Alaric> "I hate to ask this, but when we're sneaking around..."
[18:43] * Alaric trails off deliberately.
[18:44] <Koizumi> "If you want to hold my hand, sure."
[18:45] <Alaric> "Better than bringing down a horde of droids."
[18:45] <Alaric> (did you ever answer the senshi question, or did I miss it?)
[18:45] * Koizumi nods. "We'll so what we have to"
[18:45] <Koizumi> And yes, I do to 'see' but I can fight without it. So long as I can hear the enemy")
[18:46] <Alaric> "As long as you've got your Senshi form to fall back on, so you can get around if things turn ugly, we should be able to make this work."
[18:46] <Alaric> "Now.."
[18:46] * Alaric looks around the group.
[18:46] <Alaric> "Upgrade or Palace?"
[18:48] * Koizumi shrugs.
[18:49] <Toast> "I'm not sure I trust 'upgrade'"
[18:49] * Valery purses her lips. "In the end we should go to both..."
[18:50] <Koizumi> "Valery
[18:50] <Koizumi> grr)
[18:50] <Koizumi> "Valery's probably right"
[18:51] <Yarrow> Jake: "If we're doing both, I'd rather have an upgrade before going to the palace."
[18:51] <Xui-Fei> "agree, we don't know what to expect if we head to the palace as is"
[18:51] <Toast> "We don't know what to expect at upgrade either."
[18:52] <Alaric> ".. rationally, we must assume heavy opposition at the palace, if there is anyone left there to resist."
[18:52] <Alaric> "And we are not equipped to face armies of droids."
[18:52] <Valery> "We do to some extent, since we went by it just yesterday..."
[18:54] <Yarrow> Chance: "Whatever Val thinks is best, if you're asking me."
[18:54] <Yarrow> Mai assumes no one is asking her.
[18:54] <Alaric> "Okay, for lack of a better idea, and fearing heavy opposition at the palace, I say Upgrade."
[18:55] <Koizumi> "You are the pilot, after all, aren't you, Val?"
[18:55] <Alaric> "We don't seem to have been sold out yet by the radar thing, unless you count the clone."
[18:56] * Valery nods. "Yes... so far it's only seemed to make errors, so we should double-check, but we've been better off for following its advice so far..."
[18:56] <Yarrow> It starts to rain harder.
[18:57] <Toast> "Either way, the rain should make some decent cover."
[18:57] <Alaric> a little frustrated, "And we might as well do something, we aren't coming up with any genius solutions as it is."
[18:58] <Alaric> "I'll go find Dizzy and see how she feels about the 'lead Keiko off' plan."
[18:58] <Toast> "Hey, there's an idea."
[18:58] * Valery nods. "Better to get started on a bad plan than sit around waiting for a perfect one..."
[18:58] <Toast> "We could send Keiko to the palace and see what happens!"
[18:59] <Koizumi> "I agree with Valery, again..."
[18:59] <Alaric> "Toast, you are a bad influence."
[18:59] * Koizumi giggles some.
[18:59] <Yarrow> Jake nods and cheerfully says, "Yeah! Val's the master of bad plans!"
[18:59] * Toast pulls a cigarette out of stuff space "Oh yeaaah... Somebody light me."
[18:59] * Valery sweatdrops. "Did you have to put it that way...?"
[19:00] <Koizumi> (were there any potential to Mai's evil, this would be where I send a ball of fire right past the tip of the cig)
[19:00] <Yarrow> Jake: "Yep!"
[19:01] * Alaric heads off to get that done.
[19:02] <Alaric> (I want some action dammit! everyone tie up your loose ends, I crave combat!)
[19:02] <Yarrow> Jake takes a blowtorch to the end of Toast's cigarette. It lights, but unfortunately, about 1/3 of it intsantly turns into ash.
[19:02] <Koizumi> (good thing it wasn't a Cuban)
[19:03] * Valery coughs slightly. "I suppose being the master of bad plans is better than being the master of comedically-bad plans..."
[19:03] <Yarrow> Jake: "There ya go."
[19:03] * Toast puffs away
[19:03] <Toast> "Two out of three ain't bad."
[19:03] * Toast blows a few smoke rings
[19:03] <Yarrow> Jake: "So, how are we getting to the upgrade and what sort of distraction are we making?"
[19:04] * Valery glances at Toast. "Try not to blow up too much of the city."
[19:04] <Xui-Fei> "yeah we probably want it realtivly in tact to rebuild"
[19:06] * Koizumi sighs. "What information do we have?"
[19:06] <Valery> "Not much... we know the Nemesis droids are swarming over the area, but..."
[19:08] <Xui-Fei> "Nemesis?"
[19:08] <Valery> (We covered this already, that's what the radar said they were from...)
[19:08] <Xui-Fei> (ah yea but that still doesn't me I know where Nemesis is)
[19:09] <Xui-Fei> "makes them sound like they are from another planet, there controlers from what I saw are human"
[19:09] <Valery> "Why does it have to be another planet? Nemesis could just as easily be a country, if there were any livable land on the Earth..."
[19:10] * Koizumi bites her lip, but says nothing.
[19:10] <Yarrow> Mai: "Doesn't really matter now, does it? Either one can kill you just as easily."
[19:11] <Toast> "Aren't you already dead?"
[19:11] <Yarrow> Mai: "Yes, so I should know."
[19:11] <Valery> "Well... that's probably why she said 'you' instead of 'us'..."
[19:12] <Toast> "So... do you like, eat brains now or something?"
[19:13] <Yarrow> Mai shrugs. "I don't think so. I haven't felt hungry at all."
[19:13] * Xui-Fei blinks at that
[19:14] * Koizumi shakes her head.
[19:16] <DCG> (who's mai? think i was passed out for that session)
[19:16] <Yarrow> Mai: "Unless you're planning to go at night, shouldn't you be making final arrangements to get the upgrade?"
[19:18] <Yarrow> (She's a dead friend of Xui-Fei's.)
[19:18] <Xui-Fei> (who now is out looking for the prefect girl for him)
[19:18] <Toast> (does law-ohki annoy anyone else?)
[19:19] <Alaric> (a little)
[19:19] <Alaric> (what's he doing now?)
[19:19] <Xui-Fei> "we are probably at more of a disadvantage at night compared to those droids"
[19:19] <Toast> (oh nothing in particular)
[19:19] <Toast> (I was just curious)
[19:19] <Yarrow> (A bit, yes. But if you want to get to some action this session, you might want to focus on advancing the plot.)
[19:20] <Koizumi> (She's actually preparing how to turn Xui into supper, but we won't see that one for a little while)
[19:20] * Alaric will return to Metel in a minute or three.
[19:20] <Toast> (Toasts suggestions aren't going to be taken seriously, so I'm waiting on them)
[19:20] <Koizumi> "Mai probably has a point, we might just do better in acting, rather than continuing to talk it out"
[19:21] * Valery nods. "We don't know how well they can see, so... everyone get ready? Metel's good to go."
[19:21] <Xui-Fei> "been ready sense this morning"
[19:21] <Yarrow> Jake: "So, we land Metel somewhere not too far from upgrade but not close enough for them to hear us and then Unleash the Stoat?"
[19:22] * Valery nods. "Yes... I think we were planning on that after we picked up our 'allies'..."
[19:22] <Xui-Fei> "so lets go then"
[19:23] <Xui-Fei> (geeze were worse than a episode of Buffy we make to much with the Yak Yak)
[19:23] * Valery combs out her hair a bit, and then hops into Metel, waiting in the cockpit.
[19:24] <Yarrow> Everyone except Mai piles into Metel.
[19:24] * Koizumi follows all in, prepared to go.
[19:25] <Valery> (Er... can we presume we took down the tent from above it, first? ^^; )
[19:25] * Alaric leans out of the chopper and speaks to Mai.
[19:25] <Alaric> "Sorry we're in such a rush.. ask around for Dizzy, she can get you set up!"
[19:25] <Yarrow> Someone takes down the tent before that, however.
[19:26] <Alaric> "Please don't turn out to be an evil flesh eating zombie that kills everyone while we're away!"
[19:26] <Yarrow> Mai cocks her head at Alaric. "And what do I need?"
[19:26] <Yarrow> She shrugs.
[19:26] <Yarrow> Mai: "I'll try not to."
[19:26] <Alaric> "Thanks!"
[19:26] <Koizumi> ("If you get hungry, try not to eat anybody")
[19:26] * Alaric ducks back inside.
[19:27] <Yarrow> Val takes Metel through some extensive preflight checks before taking her up.
[19:27] * Xui-Fei mentally preps himself for another fight
[19:27] <Valery> (I figured the preflight was part of the repairs anyway ;) )
[19:28] <Yarrow> And shortly after that, you're up in the air.
[19:28] <Yarrow> How close to Upgrade are you taking Metel, Val?
[19:28] <Toast> (/me stoats the door gun, "Yeah, yeah, get some, get some.")
[19:28] <Koizumi> (then a skud impacts the tail rotor, we spin out of control, and everyone dieS)
[19:29] <Valery> (No closer than a couple blocks, I'd think?)
[19:29] <Yarrow> So... is a couple of blocks away your final answer?
[19:29] <Toast> (a couple of blocks is pretty close)
[19:30] <Toast> (I'd say further)
[19:30] <Yarrow> Or do you want to talk it over with the others?
[19:30] <Toast> "Don't take us in too close, even in the rain, we're rather noticable."
[19:31] <Alaric> (a couple of blocks is very, very close to a helicopter)
[19:31] <Valery> (This is true... hm)
[19:31] <Alaric> (more like a half a mile)
[19:31] <Valery> (Out of sight?)
[19:31] <Alaric> (or a kilometer)
[19:31] <Xui-Fei> (yeah)
[19:31] <Alaric> (we can cover that in 5-10 minutes)
[19:31] <Alaric> "I'm thinking more along the lines of a kilometer out."
[19:32] <Alaric> "We can cover that in around ten minutes, less if we hurry, and it will give Toast time to place explosives."
[19:32] <Yarrow> Jake: "How will Toast get there before the rest of you?"
[19:32] * Valery nods. "Right... don't mind if I lag behind, please."
[19:33] <Alaric> "He burrows really fast.. I think."
[19:33] <Valery> ("We could drop him from the chopper...")
[19:33] * Alaric looks over at Toast.
[19:33] <Toast> "I can assume human form and teleport."
[19:33] <Alaric> "You'd said something about that.. and there's that too."
[19:33] * Valery brings it down in an open-ish space about a kilometer out.
[19:33] <Alaric> "Speaking of which.. Toast, can you rig several buildings, each to go off around four or five minutes after the other?"
[19:33] <Yarrow> Jake: "Sounds good. We'll watch Metel."
[19:34] <Toast> (can I Yarrow?)
[19:34] <Alaric> "So it seems like there's someone actively doing something, someone for the droids to chase.."
[19:34] <Yarrow> Toast can make explosions, but these aren't small buildings in this area.
[19:34] <Toast> (...)
[19:34] * Valery nods. "Thanks, Jake..."
[19:35] <Yarrow> But he could certainly make explosions that seem to be going off in a path away from Upgrade.
[19:35] <Toast> (look, I discussed this plan with dcg a couple of weeks ago, plus i have that stockpile of explosives from my first session)
[19:35] <Toast> (If you want to come down on Toast's abilities, fine, but can it please wait until after this session?)
[19:36] <DCG> (some one beep ?)
[19:36] <Yarrow> Why are you discussing something that will be happening in-session with DCG when he's not the one GMing currently?
[19:36] <Toast> (weeks ago)
[19:36] <DCG> (like two weeks ago? he was saying how his powers useless, i explaned all the options that its capablie of doing)
[19:38] <Yarrow> If you want to blow all the explosives you got from your first session, you can blow one building or damage two and set them on fire.
[19:38] <Toast> (all the explosives?)
[19:39] <Yarrow> Bigger than grenades in jars and the like, yes.
[19:40] <Toast> (give me a minute to think about this)
[19:40] <Yarrow> No problem. We'll take a short break. People want 5 minutes or 10?
[19:41] <Valery> (Either works for me)
[19:41] <Koizumi> (maybe you don't have to bring buildings down, but a series of delayed, flashy explosions?)
[19:41] <Alaric> (10 is good, I need to use the toilet)
[19:41] <Yarrow> 10 minute break.
[19:41] <Valery> (Righto.)
[19:51] <Toast> (quick question, was my sheet in early enough, or do I have to use the old one?)
[19:52] <Yarrow> You can use the new one.
[19:53] <Toast> (ok, cool)
[19:53] <Valery> (Back, yo)
[19:53] <Toast> (How much ap is need to wreck a building again?)
[19:53] <Toast> (4 ranks?)
[19:54] <Valery> (Yup)
[19:54] <Valery> (Some Area, too, don't forget that.)
[19:54] <Alaric> (back)
[19:54] <Yarrow> That's for a small office building (6 floors). We're talking about mostly large office buildings with some medium ones here.
[19:54] <Valery> (You could probably also do Targeted: Static Structures if you really wanted to do demolition work.)
[19:57] <Alaric> (ooh, there's another house rule that probably din't get passed on: no 'targeted' early in the game)
[19:57] <Alaric> (since it leads to massive damage inflation)
[19:57] <Toast> (yep)
[19:58] <Alaric> (and we're only fighting one enemy type, mostly)
[19:58] <Toast> (fucking kill me now)
[19:58] <Toast> (christ)
[19:58] <Valery> (Ah yes, heheh.)
[20:01] <Koizumi> (Silly people)
[20:01] <Toast> (how much damage does a weapon need to do with 4 ranks of AP?)
[20:04] <Yarrow> For these buildings? Mm, over 50, unless he finds a smaller one, in which case, 40.
[20:04] <Toast> (fuck)
[20:04] <Toast> (that's impossible without targeted)
[20:04] <Yarrow> Or over 60 if he picks one of the larger ones.
[20:04] <Toast> (the most I can do, is what, 25?)
[20:04] <Yarrow> Well, multiple charges is a possibility.
[20:05] <Toast> (you said it wasn't)
[20:05] <Yarrow> I don't recall saying that.
[20:06] <Toast> (you didn't want me being able to fill a building with explosives, remember?)
[20:06] <Yarrow> In any case, I want your course of action within 5 minutes.
[20:06] <Toast> (So I can only create as many as I have cp for)
[20:07] <Alaric> (um.. why would that be the case?)
[20:07] <Alaric> (the cp cap is per item isn't it?)
[20:07] <Yarrow> Yes, but since you have to go by the benchmarks per each item, you can make more than one.
[20:07] <Yarrow> I'm going by a total cp cap for all items.
[20:08] <Toast> (wait, what?)
[20:08] <Toast> (can you explain that a bit?)
[20:08] <Yarrow> Explain which part?
[20:09] <Toast> (a total cp cap?)
[20:09] <Yarrow> With power flux, you can create items whose total cp cost doesn't exceed what power flux gives you.
[20:10] <Yarrow> Whether that be 1 item (subject to benchmarks), 2 weaker items, etc.
[20:10] <Toast> (right)
[20:10] <Toast> (so, yeah, I can't make multiple charges)
[20:10] <Toast> (as I'm limited to 20cp)
[20:11] <Toast> (unless I can find more defects to slap on)
[20:11] <Yarrow> You can, if their total cost doesn't exceed 20. I was just mentioning it if the benchmarks were stopping one charge from being powerful enough.
[20:11] <Toast> (yarrow, it does 25 damage at the cap)
[20:11] <Toast> (which is 10cp of weapon)
[20:11] <Toast> (that's not including cp cost for area, or ap)
[20:12] <Yarrow> Here's my suggestion. Use Power flux plus 1/2 your cache of explosives on two buildings to destroy both of them.
[20:12] <Toast> (there's no way I'll be able to make more than one)
[20:13] <Valery> (Er... Toast, they're Items. Half-cost.)
[20:14] <Toast> (you can take weapons as items?)
[20:14] <Valery> (... They're bombs.)
[20:15] <Yarrow> If items couldn't have the weapon attribute, you couldn't very well make bombs...
[20:15] <Toast> (sweet, this changes things)
[20:15] <DCG> ( two big buildings sounds like a hell of a destraction to me)
[20:16] <Toast> (hey! you just told me not to blow my entire explosives stash)
[20:16] <Toast> (quit flip flopping ;p)
[20:17] <Yarrow> Toast teleports away to set bombs.
[20:17] <Yarrow> The rest of you can act/roleplay/etc.
[20:18] * Alaric peers around for hostiles.
[20:18] * Valery stretches out, pulling a raincoat over herself, and waves goodbye to Jake and Chance before starting the walk.
[20:18] <Alaric> "Anyone see anything, hear anything.. smell anything out of place?"
[20:18] <Alaric> (Alaric is indeed wearing a raincoat ;p )
[20:18] <Toast> (Toast will have mentioned he will probably only be able to bring down one building)
[20:18] <Alaric> (K)
[20:19] * Valery shakes her head. "No... I don't think so..."
[20:19] <Valery> (Though, presume I'm making spot checks :P )
[20:19] <Yarrow> Nothing seems out of place for a ruined city.
[20:20] * Koizumi listens quietly, and takes a breath, concentrating on containing her strongest sense.
[20:21] <Alaric> quietly, "I suppose we'd best keep our voices down, and get a move on.."
[20:21] * Valery nods.
[20:22] <Alaric> "And stay close to the buildings we move by.. under awnings and such if they have any."
[20:22] <Alaric> "...we probably should have looked for a good approach, but we're on the clock now."
[20:22] * Alaric says the last bit with a little chagrin.
[20:22] <Valery> "Yeah... at least we know better for next time..."
[20:23] * Xui-Fei nods as he moves towards the mission front as quietly as possible
[20:23] * Koizumi just keeps her ears out and follows close on the heels of whoever she happens to be closest to.
[20:23] * Alaric follows Xui-Fei.
[20:24] <Alaric> (how heavy is the rain now?)
[20:24] <Yarrow> You stealthily work your way toward the Upgrade building.
[20:24] <Yarrow> The rain is pretty hard but not quite pouring right now.
[20:25] * Valery is probably breathing a little harder than ideal after a little while.
[20:26] <Alaric> quietly, "Xui-Fei, if you could, let HQ know that we've landed safely?"
[20:28] * Xui-Fei nods
[20:28] * Koizumi makes a soft grab for someone, whispering. "Something is nearby..."
[20:28] * Xui-Fei brings up his wirst computer about to say something when Koi alerts
[20:29] * Valery freezes, looking around, whispering back. "Where?"
[20:29] <Alaric> quietly, "Let's try to circle around it, if possible."
[20:29] * Koizumi points in the direction with her cane. "It's a good several yards, I don't think it knows about us. I don't hear any kind of pulse"
[20:30] * Xui-Fei nods following
[20:30] * Alaric will point to whatever the nearest off-route path would take us around where she's pointing
[20:30] * Alaric will tap Koizumi on the shoulder as he passes her.
[20:31] * Valery nods, and follows Alaric carefully.
[20:32] * Xui-Fei waits to after we are sure the coast is clear before sending the info to HQ
[20:32] * Koizumi makes her way along carefully with the others.
[20:33] <Yarrow> You carefully take another path and avoid the droid.
[20:33] <Alaric> (the Noid Droid?)
[20:33] <Toast> (lol)
[20:33] * Valery tries to get a view of it as she moves, but focuses on staying out of sight and quiet.
[20:33] * Alaric keeps going, watching carefully for anything out of the ordinary.. like rain pouring off something that isn't visible, say.
[20:35] * Xui-Fei brings up his wrist computer, "uh.." he says softly, "this is Xui-fei to HQ reporting we have landed and moving to target, out"
[20:35] * Koizumi just keeps listening hard, frowning at the mixed blessing of the rain.
[20:38] * Alaric keeps going until we reach the target, or observe someone/something moving or out of the ordinary
[20:39] <Alaric> quietly, "Once we're in sight, we take cover and wait."
[20:39] * Valery does the same, keeping quiet unless she sees something, other than the heavy breathing.
[20:39] * Valery nods.
[20:39] <Yarrow> roll 1d100
[20:39] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 1d100 --> [ 1d100=74 ]{74}
[20:39] <Yarrow> Just what is your target, btw?
[20:39] <Valery> (Here's hoping that's a good thing)
[20:40] <Alaric> (the building marked 'Upgrade', that was swarming with droids previously)
[20:40] <Valery> (I presume we're going to wait a bit outside of that until the distraction goes off)
[20:40] <Yarrow> Well, I know you're not going right up to the door before the explosions... so where are you going to be waiting?
[20:40] <Alaric> (in an alleyway, or in an ornate/deep doorway)
[20:41] <Yarrow> Ok, you make your way to an alley across the street from Upgrade and wait.
[20:41] <Alaric> (some place that puts us out of line-of-sight from the target, so if there's defenders, and they start looking around when shit goes down, we aren't seen)
[20:41] * Valery leans back against the wall as they arrive, and focuses on getting her breath back.
[20:42] * Xui-Fei crouchs down waiting for the moment to rush in
[20:42] <Toast> roll 2d6+8
[20:42] <McDice> Toast rolled : 2d6+8 --> [ 2d6=2 ]{10}
[20:42] * Koizumi takes quiet shelter, leaning on her cane. "This really sucks..."
[20:42] <Toast> (fuck)
[20:42] <Toast> (I fucking hate my life)
[20:42] <Toast> roll 2d6+8
[20:42] <McDice> Toast rolled : 2d6+8 --> [ 2d6=5 ]{13}
[20:42] <Toast> roll 2d6+8
[20:42] <McDice> Toast rolled : 2d6+8 --> [ 2d6=8 ]{16}
[20:42] <Yarrow> Wait.
[20:45] * Toast is now known as Ataru
[20:45] <Alaric> (?)
[20:45] <Ataru> (dead)
[20:45] <Ataru> (like, dead dead)
[20:45] <Yarrow> There's a bright flash and the ground shakes.
[20:45] <Ataru> (you do get your distraction though)
[20:45] <Valery> (Oh dear)
[20:45] <Alaric> (ouch)
[20:46] <DCG> (it isnt like d20 critfails)
[20:46] <Valery> (/me pats Ataru.)
[20:46] * Valery sees the flash, and comes off the wall, waiting for the droids' reaction.
[20:46] <Yarrow> A critfail on rigging up a timer for a bomb kinda has only 1 obvious result...
[20:46] <Alaric> quietly, "wait.. thirty seconds"
[20:47] * Valery nods.
[20:47] * Alaric counts silently, his lips moving.
[20:47] * Xui-Fei nods
[20:47] <Yarrow> There's a loud rumbling and you see a large building on the other side of Upgrade shudder and gracefully collapse.
[20:48] <Yarrow> Droids rush in that direction.
[20:49] <Alaric> quietly, "That's our cue."
[20:49] * Xui-Fei gets up
[20:49] * Valery waits a few more seconds for more to leave, and then slips out towards Upgrade.
[20:49] <Alaric> quietly, "I really hope they *all* went."
[20:50] * Alaric follows Valery.
[20:50] * Koizumi stays close behind, hand on Alaric's shoulder.
[20:50] <Yarrow> You rush toward the building, trying to stay low and quiet.
[20:50] <Xui-Fei> "if they didn't they won't last long to warn the others," he says quitely
[20:50] <Alaric> (and against the buildings to our side)
[20:52] <Yarrow> Nerves are strained as you cross the street to reach the building, but there's no indication you've been noticed.
[20:52] <Ataru> (don't get too down guys, Toast will be back in 12 in game hours)
[20:52] <Valery> (Whoo!)
[20:52] <Valery> (And, our characters would get down, but they don't know he's gone yet :P )
[20:53] <Yarrow> There's a set of glass doors to the lobby to the left with a couple of zerkers standing outside facing away from the group, and to the right is what looks like a closed emergency door.
[20:54] * Valery tsks and moves up to the emergency door, looking for the controls.
[20:54] <Yarrow> There's no handle or control panel on the outside.
[20:54] * Alaric looks arounds -- is the power out?
[20:55] <Alaric> (i.e. is there anything to make an alarm go off?)
[20:55] * Valery frowns, looking back and whispering to Koizumi. "Didn't you say you were telekinetic...?"
[20:55] <Yarrow> There are lights coming from some of Upgrade's windows.
[20:56] * Xui-Fei checks to see if he can access anything of this buildings functions
[20:56] <Koizumi> "Yes, I am."
[20:56] <Yarrow> Xui-Fei taps away at his ESC. The emergency door shows up on it as being locked.
[20:57] <Yarrow> You might be able to access building-wide functions, but you might want to wait until you're inside first.
[20:57] <Yarrow> Before poking around.
[20:58] <Yarrow> The last time you tried that without being in a secure place was in the subway tunnel...
[20:58] <Valery> "Do you think you could give this door a push from inside?"
[20:58] * Xui-Fei looks at the group and says softly, "I think I can access the building but I think we better get inside before I toy with it"
[20:58] <Koizumi> "Would that still set off the alarm?"
[20:59] <Yarrow> That's just for building-wide functions, though. Giving commands to the emergency door should be a snap.
[20:59] * Valery clicks her tongue, frowning. "True... but it's either that or fight through two of those huge ones, if Xui-Fei doesn't think it's possible to open the door with that console..."
[21:00] * Koizumi shrugs. "If you want me to give it a try, it shouldn't be too hard."
[21:01] <Alaric> quietly, "As far as I'm concerned, go for it.."
[21:01] <Valery> (I'm waiting for Xui to say he can open the door, like Yarrow just clarified :P )
[21:01] <Alaric> quietly, "I could probably kick it off it's hinges..."
[21:01] <Yarrow> (So am I...)
[21:01] <Alaric> quietly, "but not quietly."
"Last week, I tried praying. But I found I was only talking to myself. Don't worry, I learned my lesson last time. This time, no disciples!" - N. Reynolds, To Tell a Hawk from a Handsaw
Alathon
User avatar
Chibi Sailor Senshi
Posts: 322
 

Re: Once again! DCG- Crystal Tokyo BESM game. Survival-Horror

Postby Alathon » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:48 am

Session 4

[17:01] <Yarrow> All right, who's ready?
[17:01] <Light02> I know the SNES original (well US version) had a very sped up high pitched verison, the PSX version slowed the laugh, simular to the Super Famicom version (yes I'm playing a traslated patch of the original VI hell of alot better than even the original SNES adaptation)
[17:01] <Dorin> I'm here
[17:01] <Pale_Wolf> I'm ready.
[17:01] <Light02> not I yet
[17:01] <Yarrow> How long will you be, Light?
[17:02] <Alathon> here
[17:02] <Light02> not a clue dinner is just about to be served here
[17:03] <Yarrow> Ok, we have three players. We can start if people want.
[17:04] <Dorin> I don't mind either way, oh Queen
[17:04] <Alathon> I'm donw
[17:04] <Yarrow> Anyone who wants to start now, just get into character.
[17:04] <Alathon> wierd, ataru's usually pretty good
[17:05] * Alathon is now known as Alaric
[17:05] * Pale_Wolf is now known as Valery
[17:05] * Dorin is now known as Koizumi
[17:06] <Alaric> (where are we picking up? Alaric was offscreen last session)
[17:06] <Yarrow> Ok, when we left off, Xui-Fei, Valery, and XF's admirer's were working on Metel.
[17:07] <Yarrow> Alaric had gone inside to decompress and Koizumi had gone inside to get warmed up and have a hot meal.
[17:08] <Yarrow> The rain weather has gone from pouring, to clear, to drizzling, pouring, drizzling, clear, drizzling.
[17:08] <Yarrow> A couple of hours (sound right, Pale?) have gone by and work on Metel will be done shortly.
[17:09] <Valery> (Probably, yeah)
[17:09] <Yarrow> Alaric and Koizumi can return to Metel, talk elsewhere, or do something else, if they like.
[17:10] <Yarrow> Koizumi has been given a room in Jake & Chance's suite and given clothing and other necessities.
[17:10] <Valery> (Would there be materials for a tent to put over the repair work? It strikes me that that'd be a good idea for more than one reason :P )
[17:10] <Valery> (And Val would've thought of it at some point, at least)
[17:10] <Yarrow> You manage to get one rigged up.
[17:10] <Koizumi> 9
[17:10] <Valery> (Yes, they can't see us from orbit now!)
[17:11] <Yarrow> Oh, someone bring in a dicebot, please. DCG?
[17:11] <Koizumi> ("Hey, Pilot your floor's all wet. I'm not mopping this up...")
[17:11] <Alaric> (from orbit: "oooh, refugee tent.. let's play 'pin the positron cannon on the helpless humans!'")
[17:11] <Yarrow> ("There's a suspicious looking tent on top of that building, sir." "Hmmm. Better hit it from orbit.")
[17:11] <DCG> eh
[17:11] <DCG> hang on
[17:12] <Valery> (Heh)
[17:12] <Koizumi> ("Damn those orbital satellites, back in my day when you threw up camo on the vehicle, nothing ABOVE the ground level could see it!")
[17:12] * McDice (~PyroRaven@c-76-16-37-215.hsd1.il.comcast.net) has joined #cte
[17:13] <Yarrow> roll 2d6 enemy attack test
[17:13] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6 enemy attack test --> [ 2d6=5 ]{5}
[17:13] * Valery rubs a bit of grease off her cheek. "When we have time I think we may need to repaint... the blizzard paint is pretty, but too visible..."
[17:14] <DCG> (if you consider that most the buildings around you and even rubble is made of crystal, being blue and white is sorts camo.)
[17:14] * Alaric shows up at the repair site cleaned up, his hair a sodden mass of silver.
[17:14] <Koizumi> (Deadpan "Yes, the paint scheme is lovely...I agree whole heartedly")
[17:14] <Yarrow> Where's Koizumi?
[17:15] * Valery waves as Alaric shows up. "Are you feeling better?"
[17:15] * Koizumi now wrapped in something warmer, and not chilled to the bone, stands by quietly. Listening to the work. "Now, the pressing question on my mind...who are you people?"
[17:15] <Yarrow> ("We're ... the A-team!")
[17:15] * Valery blinkblinks.
[17:16] <Valery> "Survivors?"
[17:16] <Alaric> "Actually, yes, a lot."
[17:16] * Alaric looks better, his tail waving lazily rather than hanging motionless behind him.
[17:16] * Koizumi gives her cane a swing. "I'm sorry, wrong way to phrase it. Let's try again. I'm Koizumi, who are you guys?"
[17:17] * Alaric turns to face Koizumi.
[17:17] <Alaric> "I'm Doctor Alaric."
[17:17] <Alaric> "I moonlight as Sailor Nietzsche."
[17:17] * Valery bows slightly from her perch on the helicopter. "Valery Shein... um... Sailor Sophia, I suppose."
[17:18] <Yarrow> "Jake." "Chance."
[17:19] <Alaric> ".. and you're Sailor Phobos, right?"
[17:19] <Yarrow> "I'm still Mai."
[17:19] * Alaric sounds out the word carefully.
[17:19] * Koizumi nods, not looking anywhere but straight ahead, eyes constantly closed. "Thank the kami...Ah, yeah...I guess...was there a senshi recruiting drive I'm not aware of sighing up for, or something?"
[17:19] <Alaric> (aw hell, that name WAS used, wasn't it?)
[17:19] <Alaric> (now I can't remember ;p )
[17:20] <Alaric> "I don't know.. I'd thought we were drafted, as it were, but children have been impacted as well."
[17:20] <Yarrow> It was.
[17:20] * Alaric hesitates, looking a little grim.
[17:20] <Yarrow> By the other one, if no one else.
[17:20] <Alaric> "Perhaps we have.. inherited.. our mantles."
[17:20] <Alaric> "Though how I, a youma, would come to possess this position is quite beyond me. Senshi were human, after all."
[17:20] * Valery winces. "We will need to find out at the palace..."
[17:20] * Koizumi shrugs. "I'd be dead otherwise."
[17:21] * Alaric bites his lip, and looks over at Valery.
[17:21] <Alaric> "How are the repairs going?"
[17:22] * Valery rubs the helicopter's skin. "It still looks a little messy, but she can handle anything we ask of her again."
[17:22] * Koizumi points in the direction of Alaric's voice, speaking softly. "And thank you, for earlier. I feel much better."
[17:23] * Alaric looks back to Koizumi, smiling a little.
[17:23] <Alaric> "Think nothing of it, I was glad to help.. you looked in a bad way back there."
[17:23] <Yarrow> It's pretty obvious that Koizumi has some way of seeing, even if she isn't using her eyes.
[17:23] <Alaric> (we're all too polite to broach the subject ;p )
[17:24] <Yarrow> Jake: "So, any sign of Keiko?"
[17:24] <Alaric> "I'm hesitant to ask, but.. how are things out there?"
[17:24] <Alaric> "We've.."
[17:24] * Alaric looks over at Jake.
[17:24] <Alaric> "No."
[17:25] * Valery winces.
[17:25] <Alaric> "..and I'm almost thankful for that. We need some sort of contingency plan for dealing with a clone of her."
[17:25] <Yarrow> Jake: "Maybe... Better for a Keiko to come back now than when we're all out."
[17:25] <Alaric> "I don't see how we'll be able to logic out the identify of a little kid."
[17:25] <Alaric> "Agreed."
[17:26] <DCG> (kill them all just to be sure)
[17:26] <Alaric> (stupid morals are such a pain in the ass)
[17:27] <Yarrow> Chance: "Things up here have been going well. Rain on and off, and repairs are just about done."
[17:27] * Valery holds up a hand. "Um... I seem to... I don't know, just know things as Sophia... should I give it a try?"
[17:27] * Koizumi simply listens quietly, staring off into space.
[17:28] * Alaric shrugs.
[17:28] <Alaric> "If you think it'll work.. just not for too long."
[17:29] <Alaric> "There seems to be some relationship between how long we remain Senshi, and how long it takes to.. recharge. Or whatever."
[17:29] * Alaric looks over at Koizumi.
[17:29] <Alaric> hopefully, "I don't suppose you have any insight into that?"
[17:29] * Alaric then cringes at the horrible pun he made.
[17:29] <Valery> "Ah... I meant for checking if it's another clone, actually... hm. I wonder if I could find her, though..."
[17:31] * Koizumi snickers at Alaric and shrugs. "I feel more tired and drained after I drop the transformation."
[17:33] <Yarrow> Chance: "We should have taken that clone's body."
[17:34] <Valery> (Didn't it dissolve?)
[17:34] <Valery> (/me remembers it dissolving for some reason)
[17:35] <Yarrow> I think you were more concerned with Metel than watching the body after you shot it.
[17:35] <Valery> (True indeed)
[17:36] <Alaric> "You're right."
[17:36] <Alaric> "..though at least I have a blood sample."
[17:36] * Koizumi shudders at the memory.
[17:36] <Alaric> "Who knows if there's any use we can put a single spot of blood to, though.."
[17:37] <Koizumi> "I just hope they can't make any more."
[17:37] * Alaric shakes his head a little, his ears twitching.
[17:38] <Alaric> "We should operate on the assumption that they have the capacity to make more, and the desire to."
[17:38] <Alaric> "... your clone was much more capable, combat wise, than all but the strongest droids we've faced."
[17:38] * Valery nods. "If they can make one, they can probably make more..."
[17:38] <Alaric> "Even with a three day lifespan, they could be used to attack us."
[17:38] * Koizumi shudders again, rubbing her arms. "It was almost a perfect duplicate"
[17:38] <Alaric> "Hmm.. there was something I'd meant to ask you about. Your.. mind reading?"
[17:38] <Alaric> "How does that work?
[17:39] <Light02> (back)
[17:39] * Light02 is now known as Xui-Fei
[17:39] <Alaric> (wb)
[17:39] <Valery> (Yo yo)
[17:39] * Koizumi shrugs. "I don't know really. It just started not long ago, I guess about the same time most of us noticed these weird powers...maybe. I can pick up thoughts if I concentrate."
[17:40] <Xui-Fei> (we still up topside working on Metal?)
[17:40] <Yarrow> Work is just about done. Alaric & Koi have rejoined you.
[17:40] * Xui-Fei looks up from his lifting nodding to Doc and Blind Swordwoman
[17:41] <Alaric> "What am I thinking of now?"
[17:41] <Koizumi> (am I to assume we're still in power-down mode?)
[17:41] <Yarrow> No, it's been hours.
[17:42] <Koizumi> (oh...-checks for those numbers for mind probing-)
[17:42] * Ataru is now known as Toast
[17:42] <Xui-Fei> "hey doc.....Koizumi was it?"
[17:42] <Toast> (Motherfucking hell)
[17:42] <Valery> (Yo Ataru, what happened?)
[17:42] <Toast> (sorry, my dad promised he'd drive me home)
[17:42] * Koizumi looks at Alaric, concentrating quietly.
[17:42] <Toast> (then he had his sister in law drop me off at the train station)
[17:43] <Yarrow> Roll it, Koi.
[17:43] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : it, Koi. --> error: malformed expression
[17:43] <Toast> (>_<)
[17:43] <Toast> (can someone PM me a summary)
[17:43] <Alaric> (it's two-ish hours later, we're all at Metel with repairs about finished, chatting)
[17:43] <Yarrow> It's only a couple of screens or so if you want to scroll back, Ataru.
[17:43] <Alaric> (Koizumi was inside warming up getting food etc, Alaric was chilling out with Dizzy)
[17:44] <Koizumi> roll 2d6+5
[17:44] <McDice> Koizumi rolled : 2d6+5 --> [ 2d6=11 ]{16}
[17:44] <Alaric> (do I need to make an opposed roll?)
[17:44] <Koizumi> (against whatever defenses Al has...although on that roll)
[17:44] <Koizumi> (opposed mind, if you're resisting, but if you arent, no need)
[17:45] <Toast> (anyone?)
[17:45] <Alaric> (I don't think he really knows how to resist or not resist.. so I'll assume some reflexive resistance)
[17:45] <Alaric> roll 2d6+4
[17:45] <McDice> Alaric rolled : 2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=6 ]{10}
[17:45] <Valery> (Er... Toasty, Ala just told you :P )
[17:45] <Alaric> (does Alaric feel anything?)
[17:46] <Yarrow> Alaric feels nothing.
[17:46] <Alaric> "Er.. are you doing it?"
[17:47] * Koizumi frowns. "What's 'twelve' got to do with anything? Who is Keiko? And...naughty...Doctor...very naughty"
[17:47] <Alaric> "ahh.. that's enough."
[17:47] * Valery blinkblinks.
[17:47] * Xui-Fei blinks
[17:47] * Valery cocks her head.
[17:47] <Alaric> "Your discretion is appreciated."
[17:47] * Alaric says that part a bit firmly.
[17:48] * Koizumi nods and sighs. "We really have to be on guard if they can make more of those clones. You could fill a room with people...anywhere within a good distance."
[17:48] <Alaric> "Keiko is the child-senshi I mentioned earlier. By all appearances, she chased after us when we left her behind here, and is now missing."
[17:48] * Koizumi nods quietly to Alaric, filing that away for later.
[17:49] * Alaric looks over at Valery.
[17:49] <Alaric> "Valery, do you know if there's any way to connect the communicator in Metel to something here at HQ?"
[17:49] <Alaric> "If we're going to go out.. we'll need to stay in touch."
[17:50] <Xui-Fei> "well I can communicate with my computer" gesturing to the computer on his left wrist
[17:50] * Alaric blinks.
[17:50] * Valery purses her lips. "I haven't really had a chance to look into that, but if we can find a reciever somewhere it should be possible."
[17:50] * Alaric looks over at xui-Fei.
[17:51] * Koizumi sighs and sweeps back her hair. "And I'm fairly potent with that telekenesis stuff too...oh sweet kamisama to become more a burden than a help."
[17:51] <Alaric> "Oh.. that's even better, really!"
[17:51] * Valery nods.
[17:51] * Alaric then looks over at Koizumi, a little bothered, ears twitching.
[17:51] <Alaric> "A burden.. what do you mean?"
[17:51] <Alaric> "You haven't been a burden to us, if that's what you're implying.."
[17:52] * Koizumi shrugs. "Not directly, but so easily replicate so much power...it's disturbing"
[17:53] <Alaric> "Their larger droids are more dangerous, at least in combat, mounted with heavy weaponry.. it's the, well.. not knowing who's who, that bothers me the most."
[17:54] * Valery shivers, nodding.
[17:54] * Toast climbs up Valery's back, and onto his shoulder, a peice of Toast clutched in his mouth
[17:54] * Koizumi nods quietly. "As long as they can't easily scan minds, then I don't suppose it's that big an issue."
[17:54] * Alaric hesitates a little, then continues.
[17:54] <Yarrow> (Toast shows off his perverted exhibitionist tendencies.)
[17:54] <Alaric> "I don't think they can.. none of them have indicated they could. They were quite good at attackign us, though."
[17:54] <Toast> (err, toast, lower case)
[17:54] <Toast> (XD)
[17:55] <Yarrow> Jake: "Though Koi's clone might have been able to, since Koi can?"
[17:55] <Alaric> ".. if you don't mind me asking, you seem to have some trouble with your eyesight.. but don't have trouble getting around. How does that work?"
[17:55] <Valery> ('Her', at the moment :P )
[17:56] <Yarrow> (We all know Val's just never going to bother changing back to a man. ;) )
[17:56] <Valery> (Heh)
[17:56] <Alaric> (Doctor Alaric will just give her the pamphlets on gender identity)
[17:56] <Yarrow> (The queen always fixed little problems like that right up.)
[17:56] <Koizumi> "I'm completely blind, my eyes have never worked. But when all these other powers began manifesting, I've picked up a kind of...I guess ultra-sonic eyesight. I can see through hearing, if that makes any sense. Although, I can only map out solid surfaces, I can't see through them..." drops to a mutter. "I hate windows"
[17:56] <Alaric> (er, which way?)
[17:57] <Alaric> (the way the people wanted, or the way the queen figured they'd be best?)
[17:57] <Valery> (The way the queen figured best, of course ;) )
[17:57] <Yarrow> (A good talk with her always straightened people out. So to speak.)
[17:57] <Valery> (/me shivers)
[17:58] * Xui-Fei blinks
[17:58] <Alaric> (hmph.. a thousand years of whitebread humanity.. do we even still have adult stores?)
[17:58] <Yarrow> (Yes. She doesn't have a problem with sex, kinky sex, homosexuality, etc.)
[17:59] <Alaric> (okay, good)
[17:59] <Yarrow> (But if someone's having problems that makes them unhappy, she snaps her fingers and makes them happy.)
[17:59] <Xui-Fei> "not being able to see sucks," he says in agreement, "Sensei had the idea to blindfold me for 3 weeks to work on suitational awereness and blind fighting"
[17:59] <Koizumi> (Sky's influence rippled across even in this timeline)
[17:59] <Alaric> "See through hearing.. does that work in the rain?"
[17:59] <Xui-Fei> "I had more bruses from that 3 weeks then I ever had in my whole time with Sensei
[17:59] <Toast> (lol)
[18:00] * Valery clucks her tongue. "It should. It would look different, but it should work, I think."
[18:00] * Toast continues munching on his toast
[18:00] <Alaric> "All that white noise.."
[18:00] <Koizumi> "It muffles it, just like it dampens sounds. But I've hear thick rain makes even seeing difficult, so it's simply something that affects everyone."
[18:00] * Alaric nods.
[18:00] <Alaric> "As long as it isn't totally crippling.. we were planning to make our next move in the rain, for cover."
[18:00] * Alaric then looks a little abashed.
[18:01] <Alaric> "I'm assuming something, though, aren't I.."
[18:01] <Alaric> "Are you willing to help us fight?"
[18:01] <Alaric> quickly, "I understand that you just got this shoved on you, and you didn't have any say in it."
[18:01] * Valery smiles to herself.
[18:01] <Koizumi> "Not like I have anything better to do, and...I think a little retribution is in order"
[18:02] * Alaric twitches his ears.
[18:02] <Toast> "Yeeeesss, vengeance must be ours!"
[18:02] <Alaric> "You're not the only one..."
[18:02] <Alaric> "Just, please, don't make it your only priority."
[18:02] * Toast looks around... "Did I say that outloud?"
[18:02] * Alaric faces Toast.
[18:02] <Alaric> "Indeed you did."
[18:03] * Valery pats Toasty on the head. "Yes."
[18:03] <Alaric> "..I do not think any of us will think less of you, that your heart cries out for vengeance."
[18:03] <Yarrow> Mai: "I wonder if the bad guys are smart enough to send us two clones and have only one of them turn on us..."
[18:03] * Valery winces.
[18:03] <Yarrow> She doesn't seem particularly concerned and continues cleaning up.
[18:03] * Xui-Fei blinks again
[18:04] * Alaric is brought up short by that.
[18:04] * Alaric looks over at Valery.
[18:04] <Alaric> "If you could ask Sophia.. or however that works.. give it a shot."
[18:05] * Koizumi sighs and shakes her head at Mai's words. "Well, I suppose it's a risk you have to consider for yourselves. I can't really do much more to prove who I am."
[18:05] * Valery blinks, cocking her head. "Ask... what do you want me to ask...?"
[18:06] <Alaric> "Well, you'd mentioned knowing things in your Senshi form.."
[18:07] * Alaric hesitates, then continues.
[18:07] <Alaric> "How do you identify a real Senshi?"
[18:07] * Valery blinks. "I'm... not really sure... I was a little focused on other things before..."
[18:07] <Koizumi> "The Queen could do it...maybe? Or one of the other senshi?"
[18:08] * Koizumi shrugs.
[18:08] <Xui-Fei> "huh you mean there's some way to tell us apart from the rest of the people?"
[18:09] * Alaric shrugs.
[18:09] <Alaric> "It's a shot in the dark.. but, this can't be normal."
[18:09] <Koizumi> "Who knows? I'm not exactly a pro at this"
[18:09] * Alaric waves his hand at.. well.. Senshi-ness.
[18:09] * Valery purses her lips. "Why not...? The senshi appeared in the first place... why couldn't it happen again?"
[18:10] <Alaric> "I.. don't know."
[18:10] <Alaric> frustrated, "None of this makes any sense at all!"
[18:10] <Alaric> "We've been left with cryptic instructions, dots on a map with nearly meaningless labels.."
[18:11] <Alaric> "SOMEONE knew something was coming, and probably that we existed.. or would exist."
[18:11] * Alaric runs his right hand through his hair forcefully.
[18:11] * Valery nods. "Someone left that defence system for us to coordinate, and this building..."
[18:12] * Koizumi sighs and leans back on her cane quietly. "All we can do is move forward, then?"
[18:12] <Yarrow> Jake: "Metel can find senshi but couldn't tell the other Phobos was a fake, right?"
[18:13] * Valery nods. "That's the defensive system that's been transmitting to us... it can't seem to tell the difference, that other one was labelled as an ally as well..."
[18:13] <Yarrow> Jake: "Maybe the mysterious upgrade will help?"
[18:14] * Valery rubs her eyes. "I hope so..."
[18:14] <Toast> "Maybe it's a trap."
[18:14] <Toast> "Like the fake senshi was."
[18:14] <Yarrow> Chance: "Maybe. Or maybe the fake wasn't even looking for us."
[18:14] <Toast> "I say we level the building. If it's a trap it's foiled, if it really is an upgrade, it's out of their hands."
[18:15] <Xui-Fei> "hmm...so you saying the need for this would of come one day or another?
[18:15] * Koizumi remains quiet, not really able to interject anything into this.
[18:15] * Valery flicks Toast's head lightly. "You would."
[18:16] <Xui-Fei> "so your basically sayind someone knew this was comming but wasn't able to train the nessary personel...who in there right mind would stop so short"
[18:16] <Xui-Fei> (back at the palace the queen sneezes)
[18:16] <Alaric> "Good question.. and for that matter, should we trust such a person?"
[18:16] <Alaric> "Should we allow ourselves to be led around by the nose?"
[18:16] <Yarrow> Chance: "And where are the rea--regular senshi?"
[18:16] <Alaric> bleakly, "Dead or fled?"
[18:17] <Xui-Fei> "both possible," he says
[18:17] * Valery sighs. "That's why we need to get to the palace soon so we can find out..."
[18:17] <Alaric> "Hmm.. Xui-Fei, your
[18:17] * Koizumi sighs and nods. "If the palace is in bad shape, that's where they'd be...maybe"
[18:17] <Alaric> "Your Sensei.. if we found him, could we count on him to train normal people to fight at least half-decently?"
[18:18] <Xui-Fei> "yes it's possible"
[18:18] * Alaric mutters, "... train me too.."
[18:18] <Xui-Fei> "basic manuvers and stuff but yes, it'd take too long to train this number to me or even his skill"
[18:18] <Toast> (Toast needs ranks in Stoat-fu)
[18:18] <Alaric> "I don't think we've even really addressed the problem of having a hundred or more traumatized people with nothing much to do hanging around here."
[18:19] <Alaric> "Never mind defending them!"
[18:19] * Valery rubs her eyes. "We're lucky in some respects... at the very least whoever our benefactor is left us enough equipment to work with, plenty of weapons in the armoury, but..."
[18:19] <Koizumi> "Not enough information to get by with, or a secure enough bunker to hide in?"
[18:20] <Toast> "But no one knows how to use them."
[18:20] <Yarrow> Chance: "Well, on our own, we have no idea what to do or even where it's safe. At least our benefactor guided us to equipment and a base."
[18:20] <Xui-Fei> "yes and if we meet him or her they'll have my thanks at least"
[18:21] <Yarrow> Chance: "I'm just saying, we don't have much to go on if we *don't* follow the suggestions."
[18:21] * Valery nods. "Now... I'm not satisfied. Why didn't they do anything but give us equipment? They could have trained people, they have a base of production to have a whole army... These things do need answering, but we've been played straight with so far."
[18:21] * Xui-Fei nods, "agreed we probably need to investigate any lead we can find to at least geta grasp at what in the hell is going on"
[18:22] <Alaric> "We need to capture some of the enemy..."
[18:22] * Alaric looks over at Koizumi.
[18:22] <Yarrow> (There's one! :) )
[18:22] <Alaric> "If we do, are you willing to interrogate them?"
[18:22] * Koizumi nods. "If I can."
[18:22] <Alaric> (Alaric is totally no-selling Mai's suggestion at this point, he can only juggle so much int he way of headgames before shelving it all)
[18:23] <Valery> (Heheheheh)
[18:23] <Valery> (Well, you DO have two interrogators, at least... :P )
[18:24] <Alaric> "... our plan, earlier, was to cause a distraction near the map spot labelled 'upgrade' and investigate it."
[18:24] <Alaric> "Other issues we need to address are, what's going on at the palace, and where is Keiko?"
[18:24] <Toast> ("Who cares about the little window licker?")
[18:25] <Yarrow> (Awww, not going to really say it? :) )
[18:25] <Alaric> ("We need target practice.")
[18:25] <Toast> "Who cares about the little window licker?"
[18:25] * Alaric shoots Toast a reproving glance.
[18:25] * Valery blinks. "... Window licker?"
[18:25] * Toast grumbles about dumb brats with freakish strength
[18:25] <Alaric> "She may have been exceptionally vexing, Toast, but.."
[18:25] * Alaric trails off.
[18:25] <Toast> "What? She's probably strangling droids with her jump rope."
[18:25] * Alaric hesitates for a moment.
[18:25] <Alaric> "Okay, I'm glad she's gone too. There, happy?"
[18:25] * Koizumi keeps her face neutral while listening to the myrid conversation.
[18:26] * Alaric lashes his tail back and forth.
[18:26] <Yarrow> Jake: "Chance and I were terrified someone would suggest she bunk with us."
[18:27] <Toast> "She almost killed me!"
[18:27] * Valery frowns. "She's... a handful, but she's still just a child..."
[18:27] <Koizumi> "Sounds like you were having a delightful time with her"
[18:27] <Alaric> "Yeah, well, if you had to bunk with her, I'd have to babysit her the rest of the time."
[18:27] * Alaric looks over at Toast.
[18:27] <Alaric> "and yeah, there's that too.."
[18:27] * Alaric takes a deep breath, and sighs.
[18:27] <Alaric> "None of which changes the fact that she's out there somewhere, possibly being cloned, and that we need to account for the possibly of a clone of her returning here."
[18:28] <Toast> "Can we kill it?"
[18:28] <Alaric> "And no matter how much she vexes us, 'shoot on sight' is not an option, if only because we cannot count on the people here winning a fight with her."
[18:29] * Alaric looks around hopefully.
[18:29] * Valery rubs her eyes. "If it's a clone we probably should kill it, but... ugh..."
[18:29] <Alaric> "Surely someone has a good idea as to how to deal with this?"
[18:29] <Alaric> "We're not going to sit around here forever, waiting.."
[18:29] <Yarrow> Jake says to Koi: "She was a kid. With super powers. Who wanted to 'help' us. Normal kids are bad enough."
[18:29] <Toast> "I can mine the hell outta the entrance."
[18:30] <Alaric> (oh god I want to say yes)
[18:30] * Koizumi bites her lip at the suggestion, but says nothing.
[18:30] <Alaric> "Our people might need to use the entrances and exits."
[18:30] <Valery> "We could try to have the people who take her back in bring her to a contained area, but... we can't bet that they can..."
[18:30] <Alaric> (I want to come back from a mission and see our HQ plastered with Keikobits)
[18:30] * Alaric closes his eyes and massages his forehead.
[18:31] <Alaric> "Okay, how about this, we leave Keiko instructions to meet us at some random spot away from here."
[18:31] <Yarrow> Chance: "If we're going for the upgrade, maybe we should go out and get back as quickly as possible. It might help us with the clone problem, and it might take a while to clone someone, anyway."
[18:32] * Alaric looks over at Chance.
[18:32] * Valery nods. "Okay... and then we check her there, if... one of her... shows up?"
[18:32] <Alaric> "Probably wishful thinking, but hey.. we can hope."
[18:32] * Alaric looks at Valery.
[18:32] <Alaric> "Exactly. At least if things turn ugly, it won't be here."
[18:32] <Alaric> "and unless her clone is here to massacre everyone, it'll probably go along with it."
[18:32] <Alaric> "And if it's really her, she'll go along with it.. maybe."
[18:32] * Valery coughs. "Um..."
[18:33] <Valery> "That's precisely why I don't want one of those clones getting in... Phobos was... very..."
[18:33] * Valery shivers.
[18:33] <Yarrow> Chance: "If you want really wishful thinking, maybe a clone of her wouldn't even know where this building is, unless they managed to get Keiko to talk."
[18:33] <Yarrow> Chance frowns as she says the last part. "... never mind."
[18:33] <Alaric> to Chance, "Yeah, no doubt they'll have great trouble getting an eight year old to.. yeah."
[18:34] * Alaric looks around.
[18:34] <Alaric> "Any better ideas?"
[18:34] <Koizumi> "Not a one"
[18:34] <Toast> "You guys don't like my ideas."
[18:34] <Yarrow> The NPCs shake their heads.
[18:34] * Valery purses her lips. "Your idea is a good one... as long as nobody opens the door to her, they at least have a chance."
[18:34] <Alaric> "if not, let's pick some open space.. a park or something, where it'd be hard to hide a hundred droids."
[18:35] * Alaric looks over at Toast.
[18:35] <Alaric> "Your idea has merit, Toast, but isn't feasible."
[18:35] <Xui-Fei> "well titan park would work...unless that lady is still there"
[18:35] <Alaric> "At least in part because if I become seperated from the group, I do not want the precedent to be "kill on sight""
[18:36] <Alaric> (presumably we can just pick some spot on a map)
[18:36] <Yarrow> Chance: "You're a wise man, Alaric."
[18:36] <Toast> "There's always my park."
[18:36] <Koizumi> "A solid voice of reason, at least"
[18:36] * Valery covers a slight chuckle.
[18:36] <Toast> "Of course, it's a giant smoking crater now..."
[18:36] <Alaric> "Badly out of my league is what I am.. but thank you, nonetheless."
[18:36] <Alaric> to toast, "That sounds ideal."
[18:37] <Alaric> "If we have to wreck it, nobody will miss it."
[18:37] * Alaric looks up -- what's the weather like just now?
[18:38] * Valery nods. "Now... hm. We need to find one of those glass droids and see whether they show up on Metel's scanners, or they could fill the park with them..."
[18:38] <Yarrow> It's currently drizzling. But you hear a rumble of thunder in the distance. At least, you're pretty sure it's thunder.
[18:38] <Koizumi> "I can detect some of them...but they can detect me in turn"
[18:38] <Alaric> (they just dropped an asteroid on the palace.. we have about 5 seconds before the shockwave hits)
[18:39] * Valery frowns, looking off that way.
[18:39] <Yarrow> Mai: "Oh? I was wondering why all the droids in the neighborhood suddenly started heading for our rooftop."
[18:39] <Valery> "Looks like it's about to start raining again..."
[18:39] <Koizumi> "Hey, how was I suppose to know...it was just one in particular. Lesson learned"
[18:39] * Koizumi taps her cane in irritation.
[18:39] <Toast> (wait, what?)
[18:40] <Yarrow> (A reference to Koi's solo.)
[18:40] * Alaric frowns.
[18:40] <Alaric> "Do you need your.. echosounding, in Senshi form?"
[18:40] * Valery purses her lips. "Yeah... maybe we should try avoiding that if we can, we're so outnumbered we really need to hide..."
[18:40] * Xui-Fei blinks contempating that
[18:41] <Koizumi> "It's my primary means of seeing."
[18:41] <Alaric> "... and it will attract droids."
[18:41] * Alaric ponders this.
[18:41] <Alaric> "What's your secondary mean? And do you need it as ASenshi?"
[18:42] <Koizumi> "Only a particular type. I suppose I could turn it off, if there's a need"
[18:43] * Koizumi sighs. "My hearing is my only other useful sense. And yes, I do to 'see' but I can fight without it. So long as I can hear the enemy"
[18:43] <Xui-Fei> "that might be usefull aginst the glass types"
[18:43] <Alaric> "I hate to ask this, but when we're sneaking around..."
[18:43] * Alaric trails off deliberately.
[18:44] <Koizumi> "If you want to hold my hand, sure."
[18:45] <Alaric> "Better than bringing down a horde of droids."
[18:45] <Alaric> (did you ever answer the senshi question, or did I miss it?)
[18:45] * Koizumi nods. "We'll so what we have to"
[18:45] <Koizumi> And yes, I do to 'see' but I can fight without it. So long as I can hear the enemy")
[18:46] <Alaric> "As long as you've got your Senshi form to fall back on, so you can get around if things turn ugly, we should be able to make this work."
[18:46] <Alaric> "Now.."
[18:46] * Alaric looks around the group.
[18:46] <Alaric> "Upgrade or Palace?"
[18:48] * Koizumi shrugs.
[18:49] <Toast> "I'm not sure I trust 'upgrade'"
[18:49] * Valery purses her lips. "In the end we should go to both..."
[18:50] <Koizumi> "Valery
[18:50] <Koizumi> grr)
[18:50] <Koizumi> "Valery's probably right"
[18:51] <Yarrow> Jake: "If we're doing both, I'd rather have an upgrade before going to the palace."
[18:51] <Xui-Fei> "agree, we don't know what to expect if we head to the palace as is"
[18:51] <Toast> "We don't know what to expect at upgrade either."
[18:52] <Alaric> ".. rationally, we must assume heavy opposition at the palace, if there is anyone left there to resist."
[18:52] <Alaric> "And we are not equipped to face armies of droids."
[18:52] <Valery> "We do to some extent, since we went by it just yesterday..."
[18:54] <Yarrow> Chance: "Whatever Val thinks is best, if you're asking me."
[18:54] <Yarrow> Mai assumes no one is asking her.
[18:54] <Alaric> "Okay, for lack of a better idea, and fearing heavy opposition at the palace, I say Upgrade."
[18:55] <Koizumi> "You are the pilot, after all, aren't you, Val?"
[18:55] <Alaric> "We don't seem to have been sold out yet by the radar thing, unless you count the clone."
[18:56] * Valery nods. "Yes... so far it's only seemed to make errors, so we should double-check, but we've been better off for following its advice so far..."
[18:56] <Yarrow> It starts to rain harder.
[18:57] <Toast> "Either way, the rain should make some decent cover."
[18:57] <Alaric> a little frustrated, "And we might as well do something, we aren't coming up with any genius solutions as it is."
[18:58] <Alaric> "I'll go find Dizzy and see how she feels about the 'lead Keiko off' plan."
[18:58] <Toast> "Hey, there's an idea."
[18:58] * Valery nods. "Better to get started on a bad plan than sit around waiting for a perfect one..."
[18:58] <Toast> "We could send Keiko to the palace and see what happens!"
[18:59] <Koizumi> "I agree with Valery, again..."
[18:59] <Alaric> "Toast, you are a bad influence."
[18:59] * Koizumi giggles some.
[18:59] <Yarrow> Jake nods and cheerfully says, "Yeah! Val's the master of bad plans!"
[18:59] * Toast pulls a cigarette out of stuff space "Oh yeaaah... Somebody light me."
[18:59] * Valery sweatdrops. "Did you have to put it that way...?"
[19:00] <Koizumi> (were there any potential to Mai's evil, this would be where I send a ball of fire right past the tip of the cig)
[19:00] <Yarrow> Jake: "Yep!"
[19:01] * Alaric heads off to get that done.
[19:02] <Alaric> (I want some action dammit! everyone tie up your loose ends, I crave combat!)
[19:02] <Yarrow> Jake takes a blowtorch to the end of Toast's cigarette. It lights, but unfortunately, about 1/3 of it intsantly turns into ash.
[19:02] <Koizumi> (good thing it wasn't a Cuban)
[19:03] * Valery coughs slightly. "I suppose being the master of bad plans is better than being the master of comedically-bad plans..."
[19:03] <Yarrow> Jake: "There ya go."
[19:03] * Toast puffs away
[19:03] <Toast> "Two out of three ain't bad."
[19:03] * Toast blows a few smoke rings
[19:03] <Yarrow> Jake: "So, how are we getting to the upgrade and what sort of distraction are we making?"
[19:04] * Valery glances at Toast. "Try not to blow up too much of the city."
[19:04] <Xui-Fei> "yeah we probably want it realtivly in tact to rebuild"
[19:06] * Koizumi sighs. "What information do we have?"
[19:06] <Valery> "Not much... we know the Nemesis droids are swarming over the area, but..."
[19:08] <Xui-Fei> "Nemesis?"
[19:08] <Valery> (We covered this already, that's what the radar said they were from...)
[19:08] <Xui-Fei> (ah yea but that still doesn't me I know where Nemesis is)
[19:09] <Xui-Fei> "makes them sound like they are from another planet, there controlers from what I saw are human"
[19:09] <Valery> "Why does it have to be another planet? Nemesis could just as easily be a country, if there were any livable land on the Earth..."
[19:10] * Koizumi bites her lip, but says nothing.
[19:10] <Yarrow> Mai: "Doesn't really matter now, does it? Either one can kill you just as easily."
[19:11] <Toast> "Aren't you already dead?"
[19:11] <Yarrow> Mai: "Yes, so I should know."
[19:11] <Valery> "Well... that's probably why she said 'you' instead of 'us'..."
[19:12] <Toast> "So... do you like, eat brains now or something?"
[19:13] <Yarrow> Mai shrugs. "I don't think so. I haven't felt hungry at all."
[19:13] * Xui-Fei blinks at that
[19:14] * Koizumi shakes her head.
[19:16] <DCG> (who's mai? think i was passed out for that session)
[19:16] <Yarrow> Mai: "Unless you're planning to go at night, shouldn't you be making final arrangements to get the upgrade?"
[19:18] <Yarrow> (She's a dead friend of Xui-Fei's.)
[19:18] <Xui-Fei> (who now is out looking for the prefect girl for him)
[19:18] <Toast> (does law-ohki annoy anyone else?)
[19:19] <Alaric> (a little)
[19:19] <Alaric> (what's he doing now?)
[19:19] <Xui-Fei> "we are probably at more of a disadvantage at night compared to those droids"
[19:19] <Toast> (oh nothing in particular)
[19:19] <Toast> (I was just curious)
[19:19] <Yarrow> (A bit, yes. But if you want to get to some action this session, you might want to focus on advancing the plot.)
[19:20] <Koizumi> (She's actually preparing how to turn Xui into supper, but we won't see that one for a little while)
[19:20] * Alaric will return to Metel in a minute or three.
[19:20] <Toast> (Toasts suggestions aren't going to be taken seriously, so I'm waiting on them)
[19:20] <Koizumi> "Mai probably has a point, we might just do better in acting, rather than continuing to talk it out"
[19:21] * Valery nods. "We don't know how well they can see, so... everyone get ready? Metel's good to go."
[19:21] <Xui-Fei> "been ready sense this morning"
[19:21] <Yarrow> Jake: "So, we land Metel somewhere not too far from upgrade but not close enough for them to hear us and then Unleash the Stoat?"
[19:22] * Valery nods. "Yes... I think we were planning on that after we picked up our 'allies'..."
[19:22] <Xui-Fei> "so lets go then"
[19:23] <Xui-Fei> (geeze were worse than a episode of Buffy we make to much with the Yak Yak)
[19:23] * Valery combs out her hair a bit, and then hops into Metel, waiting in the cockpit.
[19:24] <Yarrow> Everyone except Mai piles into Metel.
[19:24] * Koizumi follows all in, prepared to go.
[19:25] <Valery> (Er... can we presume we took down the tent from above it, first? ^^; )
[19:25] * Alaric leans out of the chopper and speaks to Mai.
[19:25] <Alaric> "Sorry we're in such a rush.. ask around for Dizzy, she can get you set up!"
[19:25] <Yarrow> Someone takes down the tent before that, however.
[19:26] <Alaric> "Please don't turn out to be an evil flesh eating zombie that kills everyone while we're away!"
[19:26] <Yarrow> Mai cocks her head at Alaric. "And what do I need?"
[19:26] <Yarrow> She shrugs.
[19:26] <Yarrow> Mai: "I'll try not to."
[19:26] <Alaric> "Thanks!"
[19:26] <Koizumi> ("If you get hungry, try not to eat anybody")
[19:26] * Alaric ducks back inside.
[19:27] <Yarrow> Val takes Metel through some extensive preflight checks before taking her up.
[19:27] * Xui-Fei mentally preps himself for another fight
[19:27] <Valery> (I figured the preflight was part of the repairs anyway ;) )
[19:28] <Yarrow> And shortly after that, you're up in the air.
[19:28] <Yarrow> How close to Upgrade are you taking Metel, Val?
[19:28] <Toast> (/me stoats the door gun, "Yeah, yeah, get some, get some.")
[19:28] <Koizumi> (then a skud impacts the tail rotor, we spin out of control, and everyone dieS)
[19:29] <Valery> (No closer than a couple blocks, I'd think?)
[19:29] <Yarrow> So... is a couple of blocks away your final answer?
[19:29] <Toast> (a couple of blocks is pretty close)
[19:30] <Toast> (I'd say further)
[19:30] <Yarrow> Or do you want to talk it over with the others?
[19:30] <Toast> "Don't take us in too close, even in the rain, we're rather noticable."
[19:31] <Alaric> (a couple of blocks is very, very close to a helicopter)
[19:31] <Valery> (This is true... hm)
[19:31] <Alaric> (more like a half a mile)
[19:31] <Valery> (Out of sight?)
[19:31] <Alaric> (or a kilometer)
[19:31] <Xui-Fei> (yeah)
[19:31] <Alaric> (we can cover that in 5-10 minutes)
[19:31] <Alaric> "I'm thinking more along the lines of a kilometer out."
[19:32] <Alaric> "We can cover that in around ten minutes, less if we hurry, and it will give Toast time to place explosives."
[19:32] <Yarrow> Jake: "How will Toast get there before the rest of you?"
[19:32] * Valery nods. "Right... don't mind if I lag behind, please."
[19:33] <Alaric> "He burrows really fast.. I think."
[19:33] <Valery> ("We could drop him from the chopper...")
[19:33] * Alaric looks over at Toast.
[19:33] <Toast> "I can assume human form and teleport."
[19:33] <Alaric> "You'd said something about that.. and there's that too."
[19:33] * Valery brings it down in an open-ish space about a kilometer out.
[19:33] <Alaric> "Speaking of which.. Toast, can you rig several buildings, each to go off around four or five minutes after the other?"
[19:33] <Yarrow> Jake: "Sounds good. We'll watch Metel."
[19:34] <Toast> (can I Yarrow?)
[19:34] <Alaric> "So it seems like there's someone actively doing something, someone for the droids to chase.."
[19:34] <Yarrow> Toast can make explosions, but these aren't small buildings in this area.
[19:34] <Toast> (...)
[19:34] * Valery nods. "Thanks, Jake..."
[19:35] <Yarrow> But he could certainly make explosions that seem to be going off in a path away from Upgrade.
[19:35] <Toast> (look, I discussed this plan with dcg a couple of weeks ago, plus i have that stockpile of explosives from my first session)
[19:35] <Toast> (If you want to come down on Toast's abilities, fine, but can it please wait until after this session?)
[19:36] <DCG> (some one beep ?)
[19:36] <Yarrow> Why are you discussing something that will be happening in-session with DCG when he's not the one GMing currently?
[19:36] <Toast> (weeks ago)
[19:36] <DCG> (like two weeks ago? he was saying how his powers useless, i explaned all the options that its capablie of doing)
[19:38] <Yarrow> If you want to blow all the explosives you got from your first session, you can blow one building or damage two and set them on fire.
[19:38] <Toast> (all the explosives?)
[19:39] <Yarrow> Bigger than grenades in jars and the like, yes.
[19:40] <Toast> (give me a minute to think about this)
[19:40] <Yarrow> No problem. We'll take a short break. People want 5 minutes or 10?
[19:41] <Valery> (Either works for me)
[19:41] <Koizumi> (maybe you don't have to bring buildings down, but a series of delayed, flashy explosions?)
[19:41] <Alaric> (10 is good, I need to use the toilet)
[19:41] <Yarrow> 10 minute break.
[19:41] <Valery> (Righto.)
[19:51] <Toast> (quick question, was my sheet in early enough, or do I have to use the old one?)
[19:52] <Yarrow> You can use the new one.
[19:53] <Toast> (ok, cool)
[19:53] <Valery> (Back, yo)
[19:53] <Toast> (How much ap is need to wreck a building again?)
[19:53] <Toast> (4 ranks?)
[19:54] <Valery> (Yup)
[19:54] <Valery> (Some Area, too, don't forget that.)
[19:54] <Alaric> (back)
[19:54] <Yarrow> That's for a small office building (6 floors). We're talking about mostly large office buildings with some medium ones here.
[19:54] <Valery> (You could probably also do Targeted: Static Structures if you really wanted to do demolition work.)
[19:57] <Alaric> (ooh, there's another house rule that probably din't get passed on: no 'targeted' early in the game)
[19:57] <Alaric> (since it leads to massive damage inflation)
[19:57] <Toast> (yep)
[19:58] <Alaric> (and we're only fighting one enemy type, mostly)
[19:58] <Toast> (fucking kill me now)
[19:58] <Toast> (christ)
[19:58] <Valery> (Ah yes, heheh.)
[20:01] <Koizumi> (Silly people)
[20:01] <Toast> (how much damage does a weapon need to do with 4 ranks of AP?)
[20:04] <Yarrow> For these buildings? Mm, over 50, unless he finds a smaller one, in which case, 40.
[20:04] <Toast> (fuck)
[20:04] <Toast> (that's impossible without targeted)
[20:04] <Yarrow> Or over 60 if he picks one of the larger ones.
[20:04] <Toast> (the most I can do, is what, 25?)
[20:04] <Yarrow> Well, multiple charges is a possibility.
[20:05] <Toast> (you said it wasn't)
[20:05] <Yarrow> I don't recall saying that.
[20:06] <Toast> (you didn't want me being able to fill a building with explosives, remember?)
[20:06] <Yarrow> In any case, I want your course of action within 5 minutes.
[20:06] <Toast> (So I can only create as many as I have cp for)
[20:07] <Alaric> (um.. why would that be the case?)
[20:07] <Alaric> (the cp cap is per item isn't it?)
[20:07] <Yarrow> Yes, but since you have to go by the benchmarks per each item, you can make more than one.
[20:07] <Yarrow> I'm going by a total cp cap for all items.
[20:08] <Toast> (wait, what?)
[20:08] <Toast> (can you explain that a bit?)
[20:08] <Yarrow> Explain which part?
[20:09] <Toast> (a total cp cap?)
[20:09] <Yarrow> With power flux, you can create items whose total cp cost doesn't exceed what power flux gives you.
[20:10] <Yarrow> Whether that be 1 item (subject to benchmarks), 2 weaker items, etc.
[20:10] <Toast> (right)
[20:10] <Toast> (so, yeah, I can't make multiple charges)
[20:10] <Toast> (as I'm limited to 20cp)
[20:11] <Toast> (unless I can find more defects to slap on)
[20:11] <Yarrow> You can, if their total cost doesn't exceed 20. I was just mentioning it if the benchmarks were stopping one charge from being powerful enough.
[20:11] <Toast> (yarrow, it does 25 damage at the cap)
[20:11] <Toast> (which is 10cp of weapon)
[20:11] <Toast> (that's not including cp cost for area, or ap)
[20:12] <Yarrow> Here's my suggestion. Use Power flux plus 1/2 your cache of explosives on two buildings to destroy both of them.
[20:12] <Toast> (there's no way I'll be able to make more than one)
[20:13] <Valery> (Er... Toast, they're Items. Half-cost.)
[20:14] <Toast> (you can take weapons as items?)
[20:14] <Valery> (... They're bombs.)
[20:15] <Yarrow> If items couldn't have the weapon attribute, you couldn't very well make bombs...
[20:15] <Toast> (sweet, this changes things)
[20:15] <DCG> ( two big buildings sounds like a hell of a destraction to me)
[20:16] <Toast> (hey! you just told me not to blow my entire explosives stash)
[20:16] <Toast> (quit flip flopping ;p)
[20:17] <Yarrow> Toast teleports away to set bombs.
[20:17] <Yarrow> The rest of you can act/roleplay/etc.
[20:18] * Alaric peers around for hostiles.
[20:18] * Valery stretches out, pulling a raincoat over herself, and waves goodbye to Jake and Chance before starting the walk.
[20:18] <Alaric> "Anyone see anything, hear anything.. smell anything out of place?"
[20:18] <Alaric> (Alaric is indeed wearing a raincoat ;p )
[20:18] <Toast> (Toast will have mentioned he will probably only be able to bring down one building)
[20:18] <Alaric> (K)
[20:19] * Valery shakes her head. "No... I don't think so..."
[20:19] <Valery> (Though, presume I'm making spot checks :P )
[20:19] <Yarrow> Nothing seems out of place for a ruined city.
[20:20] * Koizumi listens quietly, and takes a breath, concentrating on containing her strongest sense.
[20:21] <Alaric> quietly, "I suppose we'd best keep our voices down, and get a move on.."
[20:21] * Valery nods.
[20:22] <Alaric> "And stay close to the buildings we move by.. under awnings and such if they have any."
[20:22] <Alaric> "...we probably should have looked for a good approach, but we're on the clock now."
[20:22] * Alaric says the last bit with a little chagrin.
[20:22] <Valery> "Yeah... at least we know better for next time..."
[20:23] * Xui-Fei nods as he moves towards the mission front as quietly as possible
[20:23] * Koizumi just keeps her ears out and follows close on the heels of whoever she happens to be closest to.
[20:23] * Alaric follows Xui-Fei.
[20:24] <Alaric> (how heavy is the rain now?)
[20:24] <Yarrow> You stealthily work your way toward the Upgrade building.
[20:24] <Yarrow> The rain is pretty hard but not quite pouring right now.
[20:25] * Valery is probably breathing a little harder than ideal after a little while.
[20:26] <Alaric> quietly, "Xui-Fei, if you could, let HQ know that we've landed safely?"
[20:28] * Xui-Fei nods
[20:28] * Koizumi makes a soft grab for someone, whispering. "Something is nearby..."
[20:28] * Xui-Fei brings up his wirst computer about to say something when Koi alerts
[20:29] * Valery freezes, looking around, whispering back. "Where?"
[20:29] <Alaric> quietly, "Let's try to circle around it, if possible."
[20:29] * Koizumi points in the direction with her cane. "It's a good several yards, I don't think it knows about us. I don't hear any kind of pulse"
[20:30] * Xui-Fei nods following
[20:30] * Alaric will point to whatever the nearest off-route path would take us around where she's pointing
[20:30] * Alaric will tap Koizumi on the shoulder as he passes her.
[20:31] * Valery nods, and follows Alaric carefully.
[20:32] * Xui-Fei waits to after we are sure the coast is clear before sending the info to HQ
[20:32] * Koizumi makes her way along carefully with the others.
[20:33] <Yarrow> You carefully take another path and avoid the droid.
[20:33] <Alaric> (the Noid Droid?)
[20:33] <Toast> (lol)
[20:33] * Valery tries to get a view of it as she moves, but focuses on staying out of sight and quiet.
[20:33] * Alaric keeps going, watching carefully for anything out of the ordinary.. like rain pouring off something that isn't visible, say.
[20:35] * Xui-Fei brings up his wrist computer, "uh.." he says softly, "this is Xui-fei to HQ reporting we have landed and moving to target, out"
[20:35] * Koizumi just keeps listening hard, frowning at the mixed blessing of the rain.
[20:38] * Alaric keeps going until we reach the target, or observe someone/something moving or out of the ordinary
[20:39] <Alaric> quietly, "Once we're in sight, we take cover and wait."
[20:39] * Valery does the same, keeping quiet unless she sees something, other than the heavy breathing.
[20:39] * Valery nods.
[20:39] <Yarrow> roll 1d100
[20:39] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 1d100 --> [ 1d100=74 ]{74}
[20:39] <Yarrow> Just what is your target, btw?
[20:39] <Valery> (Here's hoping that's a good thing)
[20:40] <Alaric> (the building marked 'Upgrade', that was swarming with droids previously)
[20:40] <Valery> (I presume we're going to wait a bit outside of that until the distraction goes off)
[20:40] <Yarrow> Well, I know you're not going right up to the door before the explosions... so where are you going to be waiting?
[20:40] <Alaric> (in an alleyway, or in an ornate/deep doorway)
[20:41] <Yarrow> Ok, you make your way to an alley across the street from Upgrade and wait.
[20:41] <Alaric> (some place that puts us out of line-of-sight from the target, so if there's defenders, and they start looking around when shit goes down, we aren't seen)
[20:41] * Valery leans back against the wall as they arrive, and focuses on getting her breath back.
[20:42] * Xui-Fei crouchs down waiting for the moment to rush in
[20:42] <Toast> roll 2d6+8
[20:42] <McDice> Toast rolled : 2d6+8 --> [ 2d6=2 ]{10}
[20:42] * Koizumi takes quiet shelter, leaning on her cane. "This really sucks..."
[20:42] <Toast> (fuck)
[20:42] <Toast> (I fucking hate my life)
[20:42] <Toast> roll 2d6+8
[20:42] <McDice> Toast rolled : 2d6+8 --> [ 2d6=5 ]{13}
[20:42] <Toast> roll 2d6+8
[20:42] <McDice> Toast rolled : 2d6+8 --> [ 2d6=8 ]{16}
[20:42] <Yarrow> Wait.
[20:45] * Toast is now known as Ataru
[20:45] <Alaric> (?)
[20:45] <Ataru> (dead)
[20:45] <Ataru> (like, dead dead)
[20:45] <Yarrow> There's a bright flash and the ground shakes.
[20:45] <Ataru> (you do get your distraction though)
[20:45] <Valery> (Oh dear)
[20:45] <Alaric> (ouch)
[20:46] <DCG> (it isnt like d20 critfails)
[20:46] <Valery> (/me pats Ataru.)
[20:46] * Valery sees the flash, and comes off the wall, waiting for the droids' reaction.
[20:46] <Yarrow> A critfail on rigging up a timer for a bomb kinda has only 1 obvious result...
[20:46] <Alaric> quietly, "wait.. thirty seconds"
[20:47] * Valery nods.
[20:47] * Alaric counts silently, his lips moving.
[20:47] * Xui-Fei nods
[20:47] <Yarrow> There's a loud rumbling and you see a large building on the other side of Upgrade shudder and gracefully collapse.
[20:48] <Yarrow> Droids rush in that direction.
[20:49] <Alaric> quietly, "That's our cue."
[20:49] * Xui-Fei gets up
[20:49] * Valery waits a few more seconds for more to leave, and then slips out towards Upgrade.
[20:49] <Alaric> quietly, "I really hope they *all* went."
[20:50] * Alaric follows Valery.
[20:50] * Koizumi stays close behind, hand on Alaric's shoulder.
[20:50] <Yarrow> You rush toward the building, trying to stay low and quiet.
[20:50] <Xui-Fei> "if they didn't they won't last long to warn the others," he says quitely
[20:50] <Alaric> (and against the buildings to our side)
[20:52] <Yarrow> Nerves are strained as you cross the street to reach the building, but there's no indication you've been noticed.
[20:52] <Ataru> (don't get too down guys, Toast will be back in 12 in game hours)
[20:52] <Valery> (Whoo!)
[20:52] <Valery> (And, our characters would get down, but they don't know he's gone yet :P )
[20:53] <Yarrow> There's a set of glass doors to the lobby to the left with a couple of zerkers standing outside facing away from the group, and to the right is what looks like a closed emergency door.
[20:54] * Valery tsks and moves up to the emergency door, looking for the controls.
[20:54] <Yarrow> There's no handle or control panel on the outside.
[20:54] * Alaric looks arounds -- is the power out?
[20:55] <Alaric> (i.e. is there anything to make an alarm go off?)
[20:55] * Valery frowns, looking back and whispering to Koizumi. "Didn't you say you were telekinetic...?"
[20:55] <Yarrow> There are lights coming from some of Upgrade's windows.
[20:56] * Xui-Fei checks to see if he can access anything of this buildings functions
[20:56] <Koizumi> "Yes, I am."
[20:56] <Yarrow> Xui-Fei taps away at his ESC. The emergency door shows up on it as being locked.
[20:57] <Yarrow> You might be able to access building-wide functions, but you might want to wait until you're inside first.
[20:57] <Yarrow> Before poking around.
[20:58] <Yarrow> The last time you tried that without being in a secure place was in the subway tunnel...
[20:58] <Valery> "Do you think you could give this door a push from inside?"
[20:58] * Xui-Fei looks at the group and says softly, "I think I can access the building but I think we better get inside before I toy with it"
[20:58] <Koizumi> "Would that still set off the alarm?"
[20:59] <Yarrow> That's just for building-wide functions, though. Giving commands to the emergency door should be a snap.
[20:59] * Valery clicks her tongue, frowning. "True... but it's either that or fight through two of those huge ones, if Xui-Fei doesn't think it's possible to open the door with that console..."
[21:00] * Koizumi shrugs. "If you want me to give it a try, it shouldn't be too hard."
[21:01] <Alaric> quietly, "As far as I'm concerned, go for it.."
[21:01] <Valery> (I'm waiting for Xui to say he can open the door, like Yarrow just clarified :P )
[21:01] <Alaric> quietly, "I could probably kick it off it's hinges..."
[21:01] <Yarrow> (So am I...)
[21:01] <Alaric> quietly, "but not quietly."
Last edited by Alathon on Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Last week, I tried praying. But I found I was only talking to myself. Don't worry, I learned my lesson last time. This time, no disciples!" - N. Reynolds, To Tell a Hawk from a Handsaw
Alathon
User avatar
Chibi Sailor Senshi
Posts: 322
 

Re: Once again! DCG- Crystal Tokyo BESM game. Survival-Horror

Postby Alathon » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:49 am

Session 4 - part 2

[21:02] * Koizumi begins feeling along the door with a frown. "Problem is...I don't know if I can have that much accurate control or not...I could probably rip it off it's hinges...What if I lifted someone up to a window or something on a higher floor? If we can't get this open?"
[21:02] * Xui-Fei blinks looking again, "ok I got it," he says unlocking the doors
[21:02] * Koizumi nods. "Good, problem solved."
[21:03] * Valery smiles. "Excellent, thanks Xui."
[21:03] <Yarrow> Xui-Fei unlocks the emergency door in front of you (choosing NO to the query about setting off the alarm) and has it open.
[21:03] <Alaric> quietly, "Lead the way.."
[21:03] * Valery lets Xui, he of the map and the meat shield, lead the way.
[21:03] * Xui-Fei nods
[21:03] * Xui-Fei enters first
[21:05] <Yarrow> You're in the bottom of a stairwell. There's a door that leads to the ground floor of the building, and the stairs go up.
[21:06] * Xui-Fei slowly proceeds up the stairs waiting at the closed door for the others
[21:06] * Koizumi follows in with the others, keeping her hand on someone's back while following close.
[21:06] <Valery> "What does the map say...? Basement, top floor, or somewhere else?"
[21:06] <Valery> (Retcon that, I know where now :P )
[21:06] * Valery heads up the stairs.
[21:07] <Yarrow> Valery boldly takes the lead.
[21:07] <Koizumi> (-Heading upstairs- "It's in sub-basement two. So we'd better get up to the tenth.")
[21:08] <Ataru> (I definitly need ranks in divine relationship)
[21:08] <Ataru> (the 2s like me)
[21:08] <Yarrow> You reach the 2nd floor. There's another door. Keep going up?
[21:08] <Yarrow> (DR is definitely a great investment for someone who likes playing with explosives.)
[21:09] * Alaric takes Koizumi's hand for good measure, leading her (assuming she allows it).
[21:09] * Xui-Fei opens the door
[21:09] * Valery listens at the door to make sure nothing's there and liable to come out into our backs, and then continues up.
[21:09] <Yarrow> I assume Xui-Fei refrains from opening the door into Valery's head...
[21:10] <Yarrow> Do you open the door when Valery starts going up the next flight of stairs, Xui-Fei?
[21:10] * Koizumi smiles in thanks and follows Alarix.
[21:11] * Valery whispers. "It's in one of the top floors."
[21:11] * Xui-Fei nods following up
[21:12] <Xui-Fei> (didn't open followed Val
[21:13] <Yarrow> You go up another flight of stairs and are faced with the same choice.
[21:13] <Yarrow> Keep going up?
[21:13] <Valery> "I couldn't tell exactly which floor it was, but I know it's one of the top ones... start searching on the twentieth?"
[21:14] * Valery does the same, listening for anyone liable to come out, then continuing up.
[21:14] * Xui-Fei checks the map "that was the ground floor" he says quietly, "this is..."
[21:15] <Yarrow> By the time you get to the top of the next flight, Valery is getting sick of stairs, so at least there's a slight bright side when the stairs stop here.
[21:15] <Yarrow> A door leads into the main portion of the building.
[21:15] * Valery sweatdrops. "... I guess we're going to have to try the elevators anyway... probably..." She heaves for breath. "... for the best..."
[21:16] <Xui-Fei> "possibly"
[21:16] * Koizumi nods, wiping her forehead.
[21:16] <Valery> "... as long as the droids don't hear them..."
[21:16] * Valery slips behind Xui again since he has the map.
[21:17] <Alaric> quietly, "...ding."
[21:17] <Alaric> quietly, "but if there's no other way.."
[21:17] <Xui-Fei> "stamina training you all need it" he says quietly not effected by the work out
[21:18] <Alaric> (what sort of building does this appear to be on the inside... business? offices? housing?)
[21:18] * Valery nods, wiping sweat off her brow. "Twenty flights of stairs..."
[21:18] <Alaric> (like..s tyle of architecture wise)
[21:18] <Yarrow> All you've seen is a stairwell. You can't tell.
[21:20] <Yarrow> Does someone want to listen at the door and maybe open it?
[21:20] <Yarrow> Or were you waiting for Val to catch her breath?
[21:20] <Valery> (/me was planning to go behind Xui since he has the map :P )
[21:21] * Koizumi focuses on listenign at the door.
[21:21] * Alaric will take a turn listening as well, careful not to scrunch his ears.
[21:21] <Alaric> (ear, rather)
[21:22] <Yarrow> Koizumi hears a group of people walking down what sounds like a hall, towards the door.
[21:22] <Yarrow> Their gait sounds strange though, so they're probably not human.
[21:22] * Koizumi frowns. "Something is coming...a cluster...not one of us..."
[21:23] <Alaric> quietly, "Down a flight, and we ambush them away from the door!"
[21:23] <Alaric> quietly, "two flights, hopefully it will have closed."
[21:23] <Ataru> (until you drink from the loving cup at least)
[21:23] * Alaric quickly heads down the stairs.
[21:23] <Ataru> (/me wonders if anyone will get it...)
[21:23] * Yarrow rolls some dice only to have her cat attack them.
[21:24] * Valery blinks, and follows Alaric.
[21:24] <Yarrow> Unless someone says otherwise, you all quietly follow the good doctor down a couple of flights of stairs.
[21:24] * Valery whispers as she follows. "Shouldn't... we... catch them in the choke point...?"
[21:25] <Alaric> (er, it's a stairwell, the entire thing is a choke point)
[21:25] <Alaric> quietly, "Entire damned stairwell is a choke point!"
[21:25] <Valery> "That's true..."
[21:25] <Alaric> quietly, "Hopefully they're just patrolling and don't open the door.. but if they do come down the stairs, we're not gonna bea ble to hide from them."
[21:25] <Xui-Fei> "we could do that but do you honestly think we can fight an entire building worth at once"
[21:26] <Yarrow> You get into position two flights down and wait.
[21:26] * Valery nods.
[21:26] <Yarrow> And wait. A minute has gone by and nothing has happened.
[21:26] * Xui-Fei sighs calming himself
[21:26] * Valery listens carefully.
[21:27] * Koizumi keeps an ear trained upward, listening carefully.
[21:27] <Yarrow> Another minute passes without incident.
[21:28] * Alaric sighs in relief.
[21:28] <Alaric> quietly, "Okay.. how's this sound.. we wait until the come really close, then turn away, and once they've been going away for a few seconds, we hit 'em from behind?"
[21:28] <Yarrow> It seems the people Koizumi heard aren't coming into the stairwell.
[21:28] <Valery> (Er... didn't we NOT hear them coming down?)
[21:28] <Alaric> (yeah)
[21:29] <Alaric> (everyone at this point knows they're not in the stairwell)
[21:29] <Alaric> (alaric is implying: close to the door)
[21:29] * Valery blinks. "Um... we're on a clear floor right now, why not just go to the elevator on the second or third floor instead?"
[21:29] * Koizumi shrugs,
[21:30] <Xui-Fei> "possibly" he says softly
[21:30] <Alaric> "...okay."
[21:30] <Alaric> quietly, "That actually makes more sense."
[21:31] <Yarrow> By the way, were you expecting Toast to join up with the rest of you somehow, return to Metel, or what?
[21:31] <Alaric> quietly, "wait by the door, if nobody comes by in a few minutes, go up?"
[21:31] <Alaric> (we never planned)
[21:31] <Alaric> (we had absolutely no idea how we'd get together)
[21:31] * Xui-Fei nods taking the leading slowly heading up the stairs to the door
[21:31] <Valery> (I presume we were expecting Toasty to return to Metel)
[21:32] * Valery nods.
[21:32] <Yarrow> You head to the door and listen.
[21:33] <Yarrow> How long are you planning to listen for?
[21:33] <Alaric> quietly, "think a couple minutes is long enough?"
[21:33] <Valery> "Yeah... we shouldn't take too long, the distraction will only work for so long..."
[21:35] * Alaric will listen for a couple minutes, then crack the door slowly if nobody hascome by.
[21:35] <Yarrow> After a couple of minutes, Alaric opens the door to see a carpeted hallway. It looks like it'd be appropriate for an office building.
[21:36] <Yarrow> It extends ahead and also to the right.
[21:36] * Valery glances back at Xui. "So... does your map say which way to the elevator?"
[21:38] <Yarrow> Xui-Fei starts tapping away at his ESC and in a little while points straight ahead.
[21:38] * Valery nods, and starts forward, cautiously.
[21:38] <Alaric> quietly, "quick but quiet."
[21:39] * Alaric moves forward.
[21:39] * Xui-Fei looks up seeing val move a head continues his silent movement
[21:39] <Yarrow> (Yes, I'll make a PC take an obvious action or answer a question if the player is idle too long.)
[21:39] <Valery> (/me nodnods)
[21:39] <Xui-Fei> (gomen)
[21:39] * Koizumi follows with quierly.
[21:40] * Xui-Fei keeps an eye out for any patrols if any are around
[21:41] <Yarrow> You pass some open doorways on either side. They seem to be to conference rooms.
[21:41] * Valery glances into the doorways as they pass, but focuses on moving quietly.
[21:42] <Alaric> (hmm.. raid the conference rooms for hidden loot?)
[21:42] <Alaric> (if this were final fantasy, it'd work)
[21:42] <Koizumi> (:P)
[21:42] <Xui-Fei> (that it would)
[21:42] <Alaric> quietly, "You know.. I can't help but think.. t here must be something really obvious about this place for droids to be guarding it."
[21:42] <Yarrow> (You got A Potted Plant! *item acquisition music plays*)
[21:43] * Valery nods. "Yeah... hm. Xui... does your console say anything about what people did here?"
[21:43] * Alaric keeps going, glancing into the rooms looking for anything of immediately obvious worth.
[21:43] * Xui-Fei looks in his ESC for any discription of this buildings function
[21:43] <Yarrow> You pass a restroom, a small kitchen, some little offices...
[21:44] <Xui-Fei> (least if there's any data what the building was built for, office, research or anthing?)
[21:44] <Yarrow> Xui-Fei looks down at his ESC as he walks and checks for any info on the building. After a moment, he discovers it's designated as Development.
[21:44] * Valery keeps her eye out, very tense.
[21:45] * Xui-Fei blinks, "Development?" he questions softly
[21:45] * Valery cocks her head. "Wonder what that means..."
[21:45] * Koizumi remains blank in expression.
[21:46] <Xui-Fei> "no clue," he says softly, "though we may find out"
[21:46] <Yarrow> You reach an intersection and see the elevators about 15 meters to the left.
[21:46] * Alaric gulps quietly.
[21:46] * Valery smiles, and looks around carefully before heading to the elevator.
[21:46] * Xui-Fei points to the left, "elevator's there" he annouces queetly
[21:47] * Alaric heads forward, lacking any better ideas.
[21:49] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+4
[21:49] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=10 ]{14}
[21:50] <Xui-Fei> (oh boy)
[21:50] <DCG> (nooo xui!)
[21:50] <Koizumi> (And....)
[21:50] <Yarrow> There's a confused blur of motion as Alaric reaches the elevators and suddenly a bloodstained transparent blade is protruding from his chest.
[21:50] <Yarrow> 36 dam
[21:50] <Valery> (Well... at least it wasn't Xui, for once.)
[21:50] <DCG> (wait, isnt that breaking cannon? :P )
[21:50] * Valery gasps, and moves to the side, trying to get a view of the glass droid and bringing up her rifle.
[21:51] <Koizumi> "What happened?!"
[21:51] <Alaric> "...hgghkgl.."
[21:51] <Yarrow> Val: Mind roll, please.
[21:51] <Valery> roll 2d6+5
[21:51] <McDice> Valery rolled : 2d6+5 --> [ 2d6=6 ]{11}
[21:51] * Xui-Fei blinks expecting the blade to be sticking out him but isn't
[21:52] <Yarrow> Yeah. Fire that thing in here and you may as well send up a flare and have a 3 piece band start playing at max volume, as well.
[21:52] * Valery grits her teeth, lowering the gun. "Xui!"
[21:52] <Yarrow> The glass droid yanks the blade from Alaric.
[21:52] * Xui-Fei nods
[21:52] <Yarrow> Init.
[21:52] <Xui-Fei> roll 2d6+4
[21:52] <McDice> Xui-Fei rolled : 2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=7 ]{11}
[21:52] <Valery> roll 2d6+4
[21:52] <McDice> Valery rolled : 2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=5 ]{9}
[21:53] <Alaric> roll 2d6+10 init
[21:53] <McDice> Alaric rolled : 2d6+10 init --> [ 2d6=11 ]{21}
[21:53] * Xui-Fei takes a very lucid stance
[21:53] <Koizumi> roll 2d6+3
[21:53] <McDice> Koizumi rolled : 2d6+3 --> [ 2d6=9 ]{12}
[21:53] <Koizumi> (shouldn't you always be lucid? unless drunk anyway)
[21:54] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+4
[21:54] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=8 ]{12}
[21:54] <Yarrow> Yes, I don't think that's the word you want...
[21:54] <Yarrow> Alaric is up first.
[21:54] <Xui-Fei> (sorry I ment fluid stance)
[21:54] * Alaric backs the fuck away, getting behind Xui and the rest, and tries to drain the *&#$ing bastard that just gutted him!
[21:55] <Koizumi> (You were so shocked and relieved, you wet yourself!)
[21:55] <Yarrow> Alaric: roll the attack
[21:55] <Xui-Fei> (geeze)
[21:55] <Koizumi> (I know, I'm horrible)
[21:55] <Alaric> roll 2d6+4 drain, undetectable
[21:55] <McDice> Alaric rolled : 2d6+4 drain, undetectable --> [ 2d6=6 ]{10}
[21:56] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+4
[21:56] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=9 ]{13}
[21:56] <Yarrow> Since that's at -3, you hit.
[21:58] <Yarrow> Whether it has any effect is unclear.
[21:58] <Yarrow> Koizumi is up.
[21:58] <Alaric> pained, unbelieving, "..s'not.. ??"
[21:59] <Koizumi> "Damnit...I can't tell where it is..."
[21:59] <Yarrow> The droid lunges after Alaric.
[21:59] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+4
[21:59] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=5 ]{9}
[21:59] <Alaric> roll 2d6+4 dodge
[21:59] <McDice> Alaric rolled : 2d6+4 dodge --> [ 2d6=12 ]{16}
[22:00] <Valery> (Nice dodge, that)
[22:00] * Alaric REALLY wants to get outta the way.
[22:00] <Valery> "You can't hear it?"
[22:00] <Yarrow> Who dances out of the way. Literally. Was that a pirouette?
[22:01] <Koizumi> (hmm, penelties on taking a shot?)
[22:01] <Yarrow> Any action, Koizumi?
[22:01] <Xui-Fei> (what shot?)
[22:01] <Yarrow> You'll be lucky not to hit a party member.
[22:01] <Koizumi> (You'll see :P)
[22:01] <Koizumi> (Or not)
[22:01] <Koizumi> (hold action)
[22:02] <Yarrow> Xui-Fei's up.
[22:02] * Xui-Fei slams the glass with a rapid punching attack
[22:02] <Xui-Fei> roll 2d6+8 Amuriken
[22:02] <McDice> Xui-Fei rolled : 2d6+8 Amuriken --> [ 2d6=3 ]{11}
[22:02] <Valery> (Owwwww.)
[22:02] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+4-1
[22:02] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+4-1 --> [ 2d6=4 ]{7}
[22:03] <Valery> (Double-owwwwww.)
[22:03] <Xui-Fei> (smacks twice I think 28 a pop so 56 (if my count is right))
[22:03] <Valery> (Isn't that one hit? Ah well.)
[22:04] <Yarrow> Your fist solidly slams into it twice. Cracks spiderweb its body and it collapses.
[22:04] <Xui-Fei> "god those things are anoying" he says quietly
[22:04] <Xui-Fei> (and Alaric knows how Xui feels)
[22:04] * Valery frowns, keeping an eye on it and moving towards it. "How are you, Alaric...?"
[22:04] <Valery> (Hey, at least Alaric got stabbed in the front :P )
[22:05] <Xui-Fei> (dude he got back stabbed)
[22:05] <Valery> (Er... no, I think it was hiding in the elevator, so he got front-stabbed :P )
[22:05] <Yarrow> (Backstabbed from the front, actually)
[22:05] <Xui-Fei> (ah)
[22:05] <Yarrow> It was hiding motionless in front of the elevator.
[22:05] * Alaric staggers back and falls on his ass heavily, panting, specks of blood on his lips.
[22:05] <Valery> (Gotcha)
[22:06] * Alaric clenches his eyes shut, a couple tears leaking out.
[22:06] <Xui-Fei> "lets get in there before a patrol finds this one" he says pressing the up button
[22:06] * Valery will keep watching the droid to make sure it's stopped moving.
[22:06] <Koizumi> "Do you have anything to treat that with?"
[22:07] <Alaric> "hgh... just.. moment.."
[22:07] * Alaric holds his breath.
[22:07] <Valery> (This is a GOOD time to have regen. :P )
[22:07] <Alaric> (it'll take around 30 seconds)
[22:07] * Alaric stands up about a minute later, obviously shakey.
[22:07] <Alaric> (40/40 hp, 34/40 ep)
[22:07] * Valery ducks down. "Just a second..." She lays a hand on the cracked droid. How warm does it feel? Colder than the air, warmer than the air, the same temperature...?
[22:08] * Alaric will walks over to the droid, kneel by it, and attempt to tear off its sword-arm at the elbow.
[22:08] <Yarrow> Before that minute passes, Val notices the spiderweb of cracks on the droid starting to fade.
[22:08] * Valery gasps. "It's healing!"
[22:08] <Alaric> (nm)
[22:09] <Alaric> "chrushits head or something!"
[22:09] * Valery raises her rifle, and slams the stock into the droid's head with a growl.
[22:09] <Valery> (Roll attack, or just assume it's a coup de grace?)
[22:10] <Yarrow> You manage to smash the droid before it starts moving again.
[22:10] <Valery> (Any info on how it feels, btw? Trying to find out if Metel's infrared will pick 'em up :P )
[22:11] * Valery pants for breath, and smashes its head a few more times until it shatters completely.
[22:11] <Yarrow> It feels the same temperature as the air.
[22:11] <Valery> (Gotcha)
[22:12] * Valery tsks. "Was too much to hope for... should've known it had a low enough SHC..."
[22:12] * Koizumi let's out a breath.
[22:12] * Xui-Fei lets out a relieved breath but still feels sorry for Alaric
[22:12] * Valery looks back at Alaric. "You've healed yourself? How are you...?"
[22:13] <Koizumi> "Now, someone want to explain what just went on? I heard a lot of grunting, and some smashing..."
[22:13] <Yarrow> (Afk a minute to get a drink.)
[22:13] <Valery> "Um... one of those invisible glass droids."
[22:14] <Xui-Fei> "honorless creations if there ever was any" he says
[22:14] <Xui-Fei> "there stock in trade is ambushes"
[22:14] <Koizumi> "I wonder if that's the type that I get such a strong echo off of."
[22:15] <Alaric> "ugh.. I'm almost ready to say turn your echolocation on, and damn the results, as long as we can SEE our enemies."
[22:15] <Alaric> outraged, "that HURT!"
[22:15] * Valery shrugs. "Well... it's not like honor's a big issue, we were just planning on ambushing anything we saw..."
[22:15] <Koizumi> "I'm not sure if it's the type or not...I just know there is a type which can mutually detect each other."
[22:17] <Yarrow> (Back)
[22:17] <Alaric> (does the droid shatter/dissolve, or can I try to rip its arm off)
[22:17] <Valery> (Is the droid really shattered this time? And does it seem to be un-shattering at all?)
[22:18] <Yarrow> The droid does not seem to be recovering from being shattered.
[22:18] * Xui-Fei looks at Alaric, "how do you think I felt after being stabbed in the back 4 times in a row"
[22:19] * Valery glances at Alaric. "Let's get into the elevator and discuss it on the way up, we still have a limited amount of distraction time..."
[22:19] * Xui-Fei nods getting into the elevator
[22:19] <Yarrow> Its arms are pretty much intact, but you can't rip glass arms off. You could probably ssmash them by the shoulders, though, if yo ureally want.
[22:19] <Alaric> (I just want a melee weapon)
[22:19] * Alaric procedes to get himself a droid arm + sword, liberally coated in his own blood.
[22:20] <Alaric> (Superstrength 1, so oughta be able to manage it)
[22:20] * Alaric gets in the damned elevator, careful not to poke anyone with his droid arm.
[22:20] <Yarrow> Better be careful with the back, too.
[22:20] <Xui-Fei> (ha ha)
[22:21] * Valery blinks at that weapon. "You know... there's an idea in there..."
[22:21] <Alaric> "If you want the other one, I'll get it for you"
[22:21] <Yarrow> You summon the elevator and get inside.
[22:21] <Alaric> (hey, it's a pretty nasty weapon, might as well make use of it)
[22:21] * Koizumi follows the sound of footsteps to the lift and follows in.
[22:22] <Valery> "I probably would have trouble holding it, even..."
[22:22] * Alaric hefts it.
[22:22] <Alaric> "It is somewhat on the heavy side."
[22:22] * Valery gets into the lift, and checks the buttons. How many floors are there?
[22:22] <Yarrow> There are buttons for 30 floors.
[22:23] <Yarrow> Sorry, make that 203
[22:23] <Yarrow> ...
[22:23] <Yarrow> 20
[22:23] <Valery> (... Was worried for a second there...)
[22:23] <Alaric> quietly, "Do we know which one is the right one?"
[22:23] * Valery frowns, and glances at Xui. "I think the nineteenth floor is where we should start searching, unless your console can tell where it is...?"
[22:23] <Alaric> quietly, "If so press it.."
[22:24] <Koizumi> ("Did they add a bunch of floors suddenly, or something? Or is this the Twilight Zone Vator?")
[22:24] <Valery> "It's somewhere on the upper floors, but I'm not sure which one."
[22:24] * Xui-Fei looks for the place they are suposed to go seeing which floor it's on
[22:24] <Valery> (I don't THINK it's the top floor, since that would've been really obvious on the diagram I saw, right?)
[22:25] <Yarrow> Your goal itself is not shown on the ESC. You've been able to get the plans of the floors you've been on, however.
[22:25] * Valery purses her lips. "Wait... there are more than twenty floors..."
[22:26] * Valery moans, leaning her head against the elevator wall. "It doesn't go all the way up, does it...?"
[22:26] <Xui-Fei> "so we may have more than one elevator shaft?"
[22:27] <Valery> "Or stairs from somewhere else... what do the plans say?"
[22:27] <Yarrow> The elevator doors slide closed, though the elevator doesn't go anywhere.
[22:28] <Xui-Fei> "I can bring up the floors we've been on but not anything up past this floor"
[22:28] <Alaric> maybe.. 2nd from the top?
[22:29] <Alaric> quietly, "Perhaps.. 2nd floor from teh top, to scope it out?"
[22:29] <Yarrow> Xui-Fei start checking his ESC. He quickly manages to access the plans for the 20th floor and finds another elevator going up.
[22:29] <Yarrow> (I didn't say you couldn't access higher floors. You just hadn't tried to yet.)
[22:29] * Xui-Fei blinks, "ok there is a second elevator shaft on the 20th floor going up"
[22:29] <Xui-Fei> (ah wasn't sure)
[22:30] * Valery sighs, and hits the button for the twentieth floor. "Someone built this place to be really hard to assault..."
[22:30] * Xui-Fei hits the button for 20
[22:30] <Yarrow> Valery and Xui-Fei press the button. Their fingers caress for a brief moment.
[22:30] * Xui-Fei blinks
[22:30] * Valery blinks, and looks at Xui. "... Sorry."
[22:30] <Yarrow> Valery narrowly escapes death due to the fact that Jake, Chance, and Mai aren't present.
[22:31] <Xui-Fei> "uh it's ok"
[22:31] * Koizumi remains oblivious.
[22:31] <Xui-Fei> (though Jake and Chance feel they should pound someone)
[22:31] <Valery> (Heheheh)
[22:31] <DCG> (sounds like a normal building to me, all the ofice buildings in chicago are much the same, some times with 4 of 5 defernt banks of elevators)
[22:31] * Valery blinks, feeling a sudden chill.
[22:32] <Yarrow> The elevator swiftly climbs its shaft, and soon enough the doors slide open with a happy ding.
[22:32] * Valery winces at the 'ding' and quickly looks out, hoping nothing heard that.
[22:32] <Alaric> (Blam blam BLAM!)
[22:33] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+4
[22:33] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=5 ]{9}
[22:33] <Valery> (Should I roll a dodge?)
[22:33] <Valery> (Or did I just get frontstabbed?)
[22:33] <Yarrow> Valery takes a glass blade to the head. Fortunately, it only does 24 damage.
[22:34] * Alaric cusses.
[22:34] <Alaric> (init?)
[22:34] * Xui-Fei eyes widen as slams into the glass droid full on
[22:34] * Valery shrieks, clutching at her cheek. "Aaagh!"
[22:34] <Yarrow> (Really, no precautions whatsoever when you know those things are lurking about?)
[22:34] <Yarrow> Init.
[22:34] <Alaric> roll 2d6+10 init
[22:34] <McDice> Alaric rolled : 2d6+10 init --> [ 2d6=6 ]{16}
[22:34] <Xui-Fei> roll 2d6+4
[22:34] <McDice> Xui-Fei rolled : 2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=8 ]{12}
[22:34] <Valery> roll 2d6+4
[22:34] <McDice> Valery rolled : 2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=10 ]{14}
[22:34] <Valery> (Consider me edumacated :P )
[22:35] <Koizumi> roll 2d6+3
[22:35] <McDice> Koizumi rolled : 2d6+3 --> [ 2d6=5 ]{8}
[22:35] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+4
[22:35] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=4 ]{8}
[22:35] <Yarrow> Alaric's up.
[22:35] <Valery> (... What is with Koi always moving at the exact same time as these things?)
[22:35] <Koizumi> (I wonder that often myself...)
[22:35] <Yarrow> (She really is another clone. ;) )
[22:35] * Alaric takes a swing at the glass thing with his improvised sword.
[22:36] <Alaric> roll 2d6+4
[22:36] <McDice> Alaric rolled : 2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=5 ]{9}
[22:36] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+4
[22:36] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=6 ]{10}
[22:36] <Alaric> (nuts ;p )
[22:36] <Yarrow> The droid sways to the side just far enough to evade the blow.
[22:36] * Valery growls, and brings up her rifle, slamming the buttstock into the droid's head. "That HURT!"
[22:36] <Valery> roll 2d6+4
[22:37] <McDice> Valery rolled : 2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=7 ]{11}
[22:37] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+4-1
[22:37] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+4-1 --> [ 2d6=11 ]{14}
[22:37] <Valery> (Or not.)
[22:37] <Yarrow> The droid smiles and whispers, "Good..."
[22:37] <Yarrow> Slayer of glass droids Xui-Fei is up.
[22:39] * Yarrow prepares to make Xui-Fei's roll for him.
[22:39] <Xui-Fei> again another rapid series of punches
[22:39] <Xui-Fei> roll 2d6+8 Amuriken
[22:39] <McDice> Xui-Fei rolled : 2d6+8 Amuriken --> [ 2d6=10 ]{18}
[22:39] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+4-3
[22:39] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+4-3 --> [ 2d6=4 ]{5}
[22:40] <Xui-Fei> (3 times?)
[22:40] <Yarrow> And the hall is sprayed with little chunks of glass as the droid flies apart.
[22:40] * Xui-Fei stands there fist out strech
[22:40] <Koizumi> "Apart from Valery being in pain, I take it that ended well?"
[22:41] <Alaric> "Damn.. Valery, let me get a look at that."
[22:41] * Alaric will examine Valery's wound briefly, then Heal it (24 points worth).
[22:41] * Valery winces, forcing her hand away from her cheek.
[22:41] <Valery> (Yeah, I was down to 11 hp there :P )
[22:41] <Xui-Fei> "word of advice," he says, "next time we do this I jump out and smack the glass droid"
[22:41] <Alaric> "Be careful.. your body won't stand the strain much more accelerated healing beyond that.."
[22:41] <Alaric> "Agreed."
[22:41] * Alaric heartily agrees with Xui-Fei's suggestion.
[22:42] * Valery sighs happily as it seals up. "Yeah... next time we just blow up the area in front of all the elevators..."
[22:42] <Koizumi> "Sounds like a safer plan"
[22:43] <Yarrow> The elevator doors start to slide closed.
[22:43] * Valery rubs the area where the wound on her cheek was, hits the 'open' button, and waits to step out behind Xui.
[22:44] * Xui-Fei steps out eye out for any attacks before checking where the next elavator is
[22:44] * Alaric is a little nervous at this point..
[22:44] * Valery comes out after Xui, and will follow him to the next elevator carefully. "Thank you, Alaric..."
[22:44] <Yarrow> The way to the next elevator requires you to go down a few hallways. The first step is to head right.
[22:45] * Xui-Fei points in the right direction and proceeds slowly
[22:45] <Yarrow> You walk down the first hall, keeping your ears and eyes (except Koi's) open.
[22:46] * Valery follows, still rubbing her itching cheek.
[22:46] * Koizumi remains close.
[22:47] <Yarrow> You follow it as it turns left, and start passing doorways. To the right is a room with desks and workstations.
[22:47] * Valery glances into the room.
[22:48] <Yarrow> Past that is a room on the left with computer terminals ... and a man seems to be partially under one, working on it.
[22:48] * Xui-Fei blinks
[22:48] * Xui-Fei checks his scanner if that is human or not
[22:48] <Yarrow> There are tools spread out around him.
[22:49] <Yarrow> He registers as a person but has no ID.
[22:49] * Alaric hesitates a bit.
[22:49] <Xui-Fei> "says he's human," he says softly
[22:49] * Valery blinks, and whispers to Koizumi. "Um... there's someone to the left, could you check...?"
[22:49] * Alaric brightens.
[22:50] <Alaric> quietly, "Good call, Valery."
[22:50] * Koizumi concentrates quietly, expanding out to feel for minds outside those of the group, and centering on that one in particular.
[22:50] <Yarrow> Koi: roll for it.
[22:50] <Koizumi> roll 2d6+5
[22:50] <McDice> Koizumi rolled : 2d6+5 --> [ 2d6=5 ]{10}
[22:51] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+6
[22:51] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+6 --> [ 2d6=8 ]{14}
[22:51] <Yarrow> The attempt fails.
[22:52] <Koizumi> "I can't make contact, I'm sorry. Still to new at this"
[22:52] <Alaric> quietly, "watch his initial reaction to the dead droid parts."
[22:52] * Xui-Fei nods, "it's ok Koizumi"
[22:52] <Yarrow> The man says, without looking up, "Just put it on the counter over there. I'll eat it later."
[22:52] * Alaric walks into the room.
[22:52] <Alaric> "Er, pardon me."
[22:53] * Xui-Fei blinks hearing the mans response
[22:53] <Alaric> "Could we have a word?"
[22:53] <Yarrow> His words clash with Alaric's greeting.
[22:53] * Valery blinks. "Um..."
[22:54] <Yarrow> He reaches down and swaps his current tool for another one. He says distractedly, "Sorry, I'm really busy. It's like a three armed epileptic spider monkey designed this system."
[22:54] <Valery> "Uh... why haven't you run...?"
[22:54] <DCG> (ami: Hey!)
[22:54] <Xui-Fei> "what exactly are you doing"
[22:55] <Xui-Fei> "and for that matter who are you, your ID is not showing on this" patting his ESC
[22:55] <Yarrow> Man, a bit annoyed, "Look, I've run every diagnostic program I've got!"
[22:55] * Xui-Fei smacks the man, "get a grip man"
[22:55] <Yarrow> The man finally pulls his head out from under the console.
[22:56] <Valery> "Er... no... I meant why haven't you run for safety...?"
[22:56] <Yarrow> (His line about diagnostic programs was in response to Val's question. He misunderstood it. :) )
[22:56] <Valery> (Heh, yeah, I just got that :P )
[22:57] <Yarrow> He looks around and blinks at the lot of you looking a bit confused. "Safety?"
[22:57] <Xui-Fei> "didn't you notice the damn invaison of droids around the whole entier city"
[22:57] * Koizumi keeps her ears focused.
[22:58] <Yarrow> Finally his gaze settles on Valery and he gets a look of recoginition before asking, "You--what's your specialty?"
[22:58] * Valery blinkblinks. "Um... mechanical engineering, though I have some other skills..."
[22:58] <Yarrow> He brushes off Xui-Fei's question. "No, I'm not involved in the invasion. These computers are my concern."
[22:58] <Alaric> "..."
[22:59] <Yarrow> "Finally, some help! Here, check out that panel over there and see if you can map the circuits."
[22:59] * Valery blinks and walks towards the panel. "What's wrong...? And how'd you stay unhurt...?"
[23:00] * Xui-Fei face palms muttering something along the lines 'I won't kill this man no matter how anoying he is' repeatedly
[23:01] <Yarrow> He cocks his head at Valery. "By ... following proper safety procedures?"
[23:02] <Yarrow> "Look, just tell me when you're done. With two of us working on this, we'll be into these systems in no time."
[23:02] <Xui-Fei> "you call cowering under a desk while droids patrole this building proper safety procedures"
[23:02] <Xui-Fei> "then answer this, what's so imporant about these systems"
[23:03] * Valery blinks. "Well... if there's a shelter in here, I guess it'd work... what are you trying to do?"
[23:03] * Valery lets her gun hang on the strap, and takes a look at the panel.
[23:04] <Yarrow> He stares at Xui-Fei for a long moment as though he simply can't understand what he's talking about, then speaks slowly as if to someone with a low mind stat, "I'm trying to get into these systems so we can find out what was being worked on here and get into the upper floors."
[23:04] * Xui-Fei sees if he can access the systems here with his ESC
[23:05] <Alaric> quietly, "How did you know to come here?"
[23:05] <Yarrow> The ESC is not designed to access these systems.
[23:05] * Valery purses her lips, and whispers to Xui.
[23:05] * Koizumi remains silent, listening.
[23:05] <Yarrow> "I just go where I'm ordered, pal."
[23:06] <Yarrow> "Now, excuse me, but I really have to get back to work."
[23:06] * Valery blinks. "Ordered? By who?"
[23:06] * Xui-Fei blinks at that, looking at Valery, "I'll check out the elevator and clear out the stealth droid protecting it"
[23:07] <Yarrow> He goes back under the console and picks up a tool. "Captain Mica. If you really need something to do, just go to the third floor and ask him for an assignment."
[23:07] <Valery> "Captain... who?"
[23:08] <Valery> (OOC, I'm freaking at this point, but IC, Val has no clue... :P )
[23:08] <Xui-Fei> "considering besides the only other people here is us"
[23:08] <Xui-Fei> ^You)
[23:08] <Xui-Fei> "in this whole building
[23:08] <Yarrow> "Look, I really can't talk now."
[23:09] * Xui-Fei whispers to Val
[23:09] * Valery is taking a look at the panel.
[23:09] <Xui-Fei> (mica?)
[23:09] * Valery whispers back.
[23:10] * Xui-Fei nods and heads out to check the elevator
[23:10] <Xui-Fei> (silently)
[23:10] <Koizumi> (I'm gonna need to crash soon)
[23:10] <Yarrow> The man gets out from under the console and start tapping at some keys. He isn't really paying attention to anyone else in the room.
[23:10] <Yarrow> Ok. Are people up for 20 more minutes?
[23:10] <Valery> (Easily)
[23:11] <Xui-Fei> (yeah)
[23:11] <Valery> (What am I seeing on the panel? And what's it look like the guy's doing, Yarrow?)
[23:11] <Koizumi> ok)
[23:11] <Xui-Fei> (and if your gonna run me seperate or here let me know)
[23:11] <Xui-Fei> (cause I'm heading for the elevator checking it)
[23:11] <Alaric> (20 more is fine)
[23:11] <Yarrow> It's a computer system you're not familiar with, Val.
[23:12] * Alaric stays with val for the present.
[23:12] <Valery> (What does it look like he's trying to do? Hack the security, or what?)
[23:12] <Yarrow> Which elevator are you heading to, Xui-Fei?
[23:12] <Valery> (The one that should lead us up)
[23:13] <Yarrow> You can't really tell without seeing what he's doing, Val, but it sounds like he could be. He did mention he's trying to get into the system.
[23:14] * Valery purses her lips. "Have you tried getting in normally? The systems have been fairly receptive to us, most of the time..."
[23:14] <Yarrow> Xui-Fei heads out of the room.
[23:15] <Yarrow> "Enh? If you know the passwords, I'd love to hear them."
[23:15] * Valery cocks her head. "Passwords? They seem to be set to work on our IDs and handprints..."
[23:15] <Yarrow> "Not these."
[23:16] <Valery> "I see... give me a second, I need to check something outside."
[23:17] * Valery slips out of the room, and transforms.
[23:17] <Yarrow> What's your transformation sequence involve?
[23:18] <Valery> (Bluish lights mostly, not incredibly bright or loud)
[23:18] <Valery> roll 2d6+7
[23:18] <McDice> Valery rolled : 2d6+7 --> [ 2d6=7 ]{14}
Session Close: Mon May 25 23:18:36 2009

Session Start: Mon May 25 23:18:36 2009
Session Ident: #cte
[23:18] * Disconnected
[23:19] * Attempting to rejoin channel #cte
[23:19] * Rejoined channel #cte
[23:19] * Topic is 'Next session will not end early'
[23:19] * Set by Yarrow on Fri May 22 18:06:11
[23:19] * Alaric (~alathon@c-24-16-50-237.hsd1.wa.comcast.net) Quit (Killed (NickServ (GHOST command used by Alathon|work)))
[23:19] * Alathon|work is now known as Alaric
[23:19] <Valery> (Gah, welcome back)
[23:19] <Alaric> (sorry about that)
[23:19] <Alaric> (miss anything important?)
[23:20] <Valery> (Not all that much)
[23:20] <Valery> (Last line?)
[23:20] * Valery is now known as Sophia
[23:21] <Alaric> (valery rolled : 2d6+7
[23:23] * Alaric waits with Koizumi, lacking any idea what Xui-Fei and Valery have decided to do.
[23:23] <Sophia> roll 2d6+7-3
[23:23] <McDice> Sophia rolled : 2d6+7-3 --> [ 2d6=9 ]{13}
[23:23] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+6
[23:23] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+6 --> [ 2d6=10 ]{16}
[23:23] <Sophia> (Dammit)
[23:23] * Koizumi sighs quiety and remains mostly silent.
[23:24] <Yarrow> "Enh? What the hell was that?"
[23:25] <Alaric> "What, where?"
[23:25] * Alaric massages his forehead.
[23:26] <Sophia> roll 2d6+7-3
[23:26] <McDice> Sophia rolled : 2d6+7-3 --> [ 2d6=6 ]{10}
[23:26] <Yarrow> "It sounded like someone was talking in my--there it is again!"
[23:26] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+6
[23:26] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+6 --> [ 2d6=7 ]{13}
[23:26] <Alaric> "If you don't mind me asking. wiat, what?"
[23:26] <Alaric> "Are you serious?"
[23:26] <Alaric> "Who does it sound like?"
[23:26] <Sophia> (Lucky bastard...)
[23:26] <Alaric> "That usually isn't.. well."
[23:26] * Alaric cuts off.
[23:26] <Yarrow> He gets up and rubs his temples. "I need a break."
[23:26] * Koizumi arches a brow.
[23:27] <Yarrow> He looks around and notices Val's absence. "Oh, for the love of--! The first time I get someone to help and he runs off after five minutes!"
[23:27] <Alaric> "Do you need a hand with anything nontechnical?"
[23:28] <Yarrow> "No... Look, if that guy ... or was that a woman? Oh, not like it matters... comes back, tell him to get back to that circuitry. I'll be back later."
[23:28] <Yarrow> He heads for the door.
[23:30] <Alaric> "I'll do that."
[23:30] * Alaric shrugs.
[23:30] <Alaric> "I suppose I'm not going to do much good here myself."
[23:30] <Yarrow> The man walks out and heads for the down elevator.
[23:31] <Yarrow> Mm. I guess it's been 20 minutes. We may as well end here, since Koizumi needs to call it a night.
[23:32] <Alaric> (alright)
[23:32] <Alaric> (he never reacted to the bloody droid arm, did he ;p )
[23:32] <Koizumi> Hopefully I can get a longer nap next week; people wouldn't stop invading my room to use the bleedin computer today =.=)
[23:33] <Sophia> (Dude, you think that guy noticed it? :P )
[23:33] <Yarrow> He's pretty singleminded. :)
[23:33] <Xui-Fei> (lock the door and hope they don't have blasters)
[23:33] <Koizumi> He wouldn't have noticed it if you poked him in the ribs)
[23:34] * Alaric is now known as Alathon
[23:34] * Sophia is now known as Pale_Wolf
[23:35] <Pale_Wolf> Now... how to give our PCs the 'big honkin clue' that we all have OOCly...
[23:35] * Koizumi is now known as Dorin
[23:35] * Xui-Fei is now known as Light02
[23:35] * Dorin (~dorin_rah@dpc6745120147.direcpc.com) Quit (Quit: )
[23:36] <Yarrow> I wonder if I should give a brief teaser for the start of next session.
[23:36] <Ataru> I hope Toast gets back next session
[23:37] <Pale_Wolf> Yeah... so do I.
[23:37] <Yarrow> I hope so too, but it's possible he won't. The group's getting into an action-heavy section.
[23:37] <Ataru> figures
[23:37] <DCG> Heh
[23:37] <DCG> what a was to go tho
[23:37] <Ataru> I have really shitty luck with those dice
[23:37] <Alathon> (who in CT would hold the role of captain?)
[23:37] <DCG> what does an "Oh shi-" face look like on a shoat?
[23:37] * Pale_Wolf pats Ataru.
[23:37] <Ataru> he was human at the time
[23:37] <Yarrow> Well, it'd be a pretty big letdown if there wasn't much action in the Upgrade building.
[23:38] <Ataru> and that's what he'll blame
[23:38] <Pale_Wolf> And Ala, here's an even bigger question.
[23:38] <Ataru> stupid giant human paws
[23:38] <DCG> hah!
[23:38] <Pale_Wolf> Who, in CT, would have THIS name?
[23:38] <Pale_Wolf> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mica
[23:38] <Alathon> I don't have to look it up, I know what mica is ;p
[23:38] <Alathon> but that isn't something Alaric would know
[23:38] <DCG> oy
[23:38] <Ataru> Perhaps Mica is a last name
[23:38] <Alathon> alaric *would* know if nobody in CT holds military rank ;p
[23:38] <DCG> i was banging my head on the desk for that hole time
[23:38] <Ataru> first name, For
[23:38] <Pale_Wolf> Heheheh. Yeah, and the party doesn't know about their name theme yet :P
[23:38] <DCG> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXGhvoekY44
[23:38] <Light02> oh fuck
[23:39] <Light02> ....he's a fucking droid
[23:39] <Pale_Wolf> Of course not.
[23:39] <Ataru> no
[23:39] <Pale_Wolf> He's a fucking Beth.
[23:39] <Ataru> I think he's being mindcontrolled
[23:39] <Ataru> yeah
[23:39] <Pale_Wolf> So now I'm trying to figure out how to act ICly, while still not screwing us over too intensely :P
[23:39] <Light02> ah
[23:39] <Light02> well Xui got starttled badly....I found some vending machines
[23:40] <Ataru> so, what will be the in charachter reactions to Toast's untimely death? :P
[23:40] <DCG> consdering just how easy everything has worked or opened for the party so far, even top level shit, that some one who's suposed to do that job wouldnt need to hack and jimmy his way in.
[23:40] <Ataru> and his eventual ressurection
[23:40] <Ataru> the second coming of Toast
[23:40] <Light02> and in true Hitchikers fashion they were trying to be thankfull for a potenial customers
[23:40] <Pale_Wolf> Well... why broadcast, you'll see it sooner or later anyway :P
[23:40] <Pale_Wolf> And yeah, DC, that's the thing I latched onto to twig Val's suspicion :P
[23:40] <Alathon> but yeah, is someone holding military rank a dead giveaway they'r enot from CT?
[23:41] * Yarrow changes topic to '2 cp for session'
[23:41] <Pale_Wolf> Well... it might be, except Val's fairly convinced CT has SOME variety of military, considering her helicopter.
[23:41] <Ataru> no extra CP for Toast's valiant sacrafice ;p
[23:42] <Yarrow> One bonus cp to dear, departed Toast, who died from a critfail, doing what he loved most.
Last edited by Alathon on Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Last week, I tried praying. But I found I was only talking to myself. Don't worry, I learned my lesson last time. This time, no disciples!" - N. Reynolds, To Tell a Hawk from a Handsaw
Alathon
User avatar
Chibi Sailor Senshi
Posts: 322
 

Re: Once again! DCG- Crystal Tokyo BESM game. Survival-Horror

Postby Alathon » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:50 am

Session 5

[17:05] <Alathon> so... yeah
[17:06] * Yarrow stretches.
[17:07] <Alathon> sup
[17:07] <Yarrow> So, who's here?
[17:07] * Yarrow waves.
[17:07] <Alathon> me, ataru, and pw I believe
[17:07] <Alathon> assuming Light has been dragged off
[17:08] <Yarrow> Ok, let's wait a few more minutes.
[17:11] <Light02> back temperoary, mother is the mood for me to fix dinner lazy bum
[17:12] <Yarrow> How long are you back for and how long will you be gone after that?
[17:13] <DCG> wow its this late all ready
[17:14] <Light02> I'm here till dinner is ready to set on the table
[17:14] <Yarrow> Er, can you put that in terms of minutes?
[17:16] <Yarrow> I think once he have another active player (with a living character) we can start.
[17:17] * Dorin (~dorin_rah@dpc6745120147.direcpc.com) has joined #cte
[17:18] <Yarrow> Whoever is ready, change nicks.
[17:18] * Alathon is now known as Alaric
[17:18] * Dorin is now known as Himeko
[17:18] <Himeko> Err, wrong one
[17:18] <Light02> more like right now I'll be back as soon as I can
[17:18] * Himeko is now known as Koizumi
[17:18] <Ataru> we, I'm assuming I don't need to change, right?
[17:19] * Pale_Wolf is now known as Sophia
[17:21] <Yarrow> Ok...
[17:22] <Yarrow> I have to say, things will work much better if Light's here, but we can go ahead anyway if people want.
[17:22] <Alaric> Light, can you give us an estimate?
[17:23] <Sophia> I don't mind waiting for 'im.
[17:24] <Alaric> wait it is, I guess
[17:35] <Alaric> man, pen drives are a lot slower than a good LAN :(
[17:35] <Yarrow> Yep.
[17:40] <Ataru> heh
[17:40] <Ataru> Little Otik is on
[17:42] * McDice (~PyroRaven@c-76-16-37-215.hsd1.il.comcast.net) has joined #cte
[17:46] <Alaric> roll 1d20 minutes light is washing dishes
[17:46] <McDice> Alaric rolled : 1d20 minutes light is washing dishes --> [ 1d20=11 ]{11}
[17:47] <Sophia> Inauspicious.
[17:48] <Yarrow> If only he could use one of Xui-Fei's martial cleaning techniques.
[17:49] <Yarrow> "Kachu Tenshin Amaguriken! There! The dishes are now ... broken."
[17:52] * Light02 is now known as Xui-Fei
[17:53] <Yarrow> Early.
[17:53] <Sophia> Yo yo.
[17:53] <Xui-Fei> (sorry about that...damn parents....don't know the meaning the word do it yourself)
[17:54] <Koizumi> (In their advancing years? Far too difficult)
[17:54] <Xui-Fei> (more like mom is playing possium claiming her back is out which I think is total bs)
[17:54] <Yarrow> Ok, When we left off, Alaric and Koizumi were in the room where the mysterious man was doing mysterious things to mysterious machines. Sophia was in the hall, trying to get something from the mysterious man's mysterious mind as he got into the elevator, and Xui-Fei was off scouting ahead.
[17:55] <Koizumi> (-pats Light- It's usually the hip with mine)
[17:56] <Alaric> "Hey, before you go, I've got a question."
[17:56] * Alaric heads down the hall towards the elevators.
[17:56] * Koizumi remains off to the side, keeping her ear trained on Alaric and the odd fellow.
[17:56] <Alaric> (does he acknoweldge Alaric's query?)
[17:57] <Yarrow> He kind of waves it off, being more concerned about hearing voices in his head.
[17:57] <Alaric> (how close is he to the elvator?)
[17:59] <Alaric> (and.. does he react to the busted droid?)
[17:59] <Yarrow> He's not more than a few meters from the elevator.
[17:59] <Alaric> roll 2d6+4 energy drain
[17:59] <McDice> Alaric rolled : 2d6+4 energy drain --> [ 2d6=8 ]{12}
[17:59] * Alaric keeps talking.
[17:59] <Yarrow> Hang on. I need to catch up with Xui-Fei.
[17:59] <Alaric> "If you've got a moment, I've been having a problem with some machinery of my own."
[17:59] <Alaric> (K)
[18:00] * Koizumi quirks her brow, but her eyes remain closed.
[18:00] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+8
[18:00] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+8 --> [ 2d6=4 ]{12}
[18:01] <Yarrow> roll 4#2d6+6
[18:01] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 4#2d6+6 --> [ 2d6=4 ]{10}, [ 2d6=7 ]{13}, [ 2d6=9 ]{15}, [ 2d6=10 ]{16}
[18:01] <Yarrow> Yeah, those are the wrong mods...
[18:01] <Xui-Fei> roll 2d6+4
[18:01] <McDice> Xui-Fei rolled : 2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=11 ]{15}
[18:05] <Xui-Fei> 2d6+8
[18:05] <Xui-Fei> roll 2d6+8
[18:05] <McDice> Xui-Fei rolled : 2d6+8 --> [ 2d6=8 ]{16}
[18:05] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+6
[18:05] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+6 --> [ 2d6=6 ]{12}
[18:06] <Yarrow> roll 2#2d6+6
[18:06] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2#2d6+6 --> [ 2d6=7 ]{13}, [ 2d6=4 ]{10}
[18:08] <Xui-Fei> roll 2d6+6
[18:08] <McDice> Xui-Fei rolled : 2d6+6 --> [ 2d6=3 ]{9}
[18:08] <Xui-Fei> roll 2d6+6-1
[18:08] <McDice> Xui-Fei rolled : 2d6+6-1 --> [ 2d6=3 ]{8}
[18:08] <Xui-Fei> (not so random tonight
[18:08] <Sophia> (/me pats the Xui)
[18:08] <Yarrow> roll 2#2d6+6
[18:08] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2#2d6+6 --> [ 2d6=2 ]{8}, [ 2d6=10 ]{16}
[18:09] <Xui-Fei> roll 2d6+6-3
[18:09] <McDice> Xui-Fei rolled : 2d6+6-3 --> [ 2d6=6 ]{9}
[18:09] <Koizumi> (I had a night in one game, many years ago, where the dice only wanted to roll prime numbers, which is rather interesting an effect on d100s)
[18:09] <Yarrow> roll 4#2d6+8
[18:09] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 4#2d6+8 --> [ 2d6=7 ]{15}, [ 2d6=3 ]{11}, [ 2d6=10 ]{18}, [ 2d6=7 ]{15}
[18:10] <Xui-Fei> roll 2d6+6-6
[18:10] <McDice> Xui-Fei rolled : 2d6+6-6 --> [ 2d6=8 ]{8}
[18:10] <Xui-Fei> roll 2d6+6-6
[18:10] <McDice> Xui-Fei rolled : 2d6+6-6 --> [ 2d6=4 ]{4}
[18:10] <Xui-Fei> roll 2d6+6-6
[18:10] <McDice> Xui-Fei rolled : 2d6+6-6 --> [ 2d6=11 ]{11}
[18:10] <Xui-Fei> roll 2d6+6-6
[18:10] <McDice> Xui-Fei rolled : 2d6+6-6 --> [ 2d6=3 ]{3}
[18:11] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+8
[18:11] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+8 --> [ 2d6=7 ]{15}
[18:11] <Sophia> (Someone. Hates. You.)
[18:11] <Xui-Fei> roll 2d6+6-6
[18:11] <McDice> Xui-Fei rolled : 2d6+6-6 --> [ 2d6=7 ]{7}
[18:11] <Yarrow> No, that wasn't an attack.
[18:12] <Xui-Fei> (...)
[18:13] * Xui-Fei is now known as Salior_Mjollnir
[18:13] <Koizumi> (looks like Xui found all the fun)
[18:14] <Ataru> (Nah, Toast is in heaven with his 72 virigns)
[18:14] <Ataru> (he's having the most fun)
[18:15] <Yarrow> (Unfortunately, they're all male teen humans ande want to play the Harry Potter/Twilight rpg.)
[18:15] * Alaric cues up the GWAR.
[18:15] <Koizumi> (well for him, perhaps; but I'd just as soon have just a couple highly skilled, sexy nymphos, and in heaven there everyone has infinite stamina points)
[18:15] <Ataru> (lol)
[18:16] <Yarrow> Ok. Alaric, you feel a soft puff of air behind you and get the impression there's suddenly someone standing there.
[18:17] <Alaric> (did I get my drain off? or did all this happen before I acted?)
[18:17] <Yarrow> This is happening when you were about to act.
[18:17] <Koizumi> ("So that means I get my 72 virgins! ... Are you my virgins? Oh God, I hope not...there's a bunch of ugly ass guys out there...oh, maybe I can get Clay Aiken!")
[18:17] <Yarrow> *puff of air = of displaced air
[18:18] <Alaric> (okay.. hm)
[18:19] * Alaric makes a wide swing with his detached droid arm in a circle around himself, spinning.
[18:19] <Alaric> (how should I roll that, if at all?)
[18:20] <Salior_Mjollnir> (melee I think)
[18:20] <Yarrow> Alaric: roll a body check first.
[18:20] <Alaric> roll 2d6+4 body
[18:20] <McDice> Alaric rolled : 2d6+4 body --> [ 2d6=4 ]{8}
[18:20] <Yarrow> Ok, roll a melee attack.
[18:20] <Alaric> roll 2d6+4 melee
[18:20] <McDice> Alaric rolled : 2d6+4 melee --> [ 2d6=4 ]{8}
[18:20] <Sophia> (Random)
[18:20] <Yarrow> Salior_Mjollnir: roll melee dodge
[18:20] <Sophia> (Very random)
[18:21] * Koizumi frowns.
[18:21] <Sophia> (/me snickers. I kinda wondered if that'd be it...)
[18:21] <Salior_Mjollnir> roll 2d6+8
[18:21] <McDice> Salior_Mjollnir rolled : 2d6+8 --> [ 2d6=10 ]{18}
[18:21] * Salior_Mjollnir blinks "easy doc"
[18:22] <Yarrow> Alaric spins and swings the droid arm, realizing at the last second that it's Salior_Mjollnir behind him, but it's too late to stop the swing. Fortunately, Salior_Mjollnir is on the ball and dodges.
[18:22] <Yarrow> She is already bleeding from a couple of cuts, however.
[18:22] * Alaric is alarmed and angry.. then surprised.. then angry again.
[18:22] <Alaric> "Damn.. sorry.. damn!"
[18:22] <Koizumi> "Are you people out to beat each other up? ... I'm really getting tired of being completely blind again..."
[18:22] * Alaric whirls and dives for the elevator doors.
[18:22] <Alaric> (er wait)
[18:23] <Alaric> (where's the guy at?)
[18:23] <Yarrow> The man is in the elevator. He's pushed a button and the doors are closing, but you could get a shot at him before they close, if you want.
[18:23] * Salior_Mjollnir throws his hammer
[18:23] <Salior_Mjollnir> (her hammer)
[18:23] <Alaric> (hell with that, I wanna leap and shove my droid arm between the doors so they open)
[18:24] <Salior_Mjollnir> roll 2d6+7
[18:24] <Yarrow> Er, why ar you attacking him, Mjollnir?
[18:24] <McDice> Salior_Mjollnir rolled : 2d6+7 --> [ 2d6=6 ]{13}
[18:24] <Koizumi> (Hey, Thor...really looks bad in that outfit. Go back to being a woman! Your man-thighs just don't work in that skirt!)
[18:24] <Salior_Mjollnir> (gah forgot I don't know he's a droid)
[18:24] <Salior_Mjollnir> (ignore that)
[18:24] <Alaric> (yeah, he's just a dirty traitor)
[18:24] <Yarrow> He also showed up as human on your ESC.
[18:24] <Alaric> (heh, would we even have the word traitor?)
[18:24] <Alaric> (would it have survived?)
[18:24] <Koizumi> "What's going on?!"
[18:25] <Alaric> (anyways..
[18:25] <Ataru> (yeah, why isn't everyone using Newspeak?)
[18:25] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+2 doors close?
[18:25] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+2 doors close? --> [ 2d6=5 ]{7}
[18:25] * Alaric leaps and attempts to block the doors from closing.
[18:25] <Alaric> roll 2d6+4 athletics, I suppose
[18:25] <McDice> Alaric rolled : 2d6+4 athletics, I suppose --> [ 2d6=7 ]{11}
[18:25] <Yarrow> Because it'd be too annoying, Ataru. :)
[18:25] <Sophia> (Because we doubleplusungood newspeakers. Or something.)
[18:26] <Yarrow> You manage to get your pointy droid arm between the doors. The man looks up, surprised, and says, "Sorry? Did you want me to hold the elevator?"
[18:26] <Alaric> "Actually, yeah."
[18:27] * Alaric will stand up, and attempt to look appologetic.
[18:27] <Yarrow> You also hear a number of running footfalls from back the way Xui-Fei headed off before.
[18:27] <Alaric> "Sorry about that, I guess I was too quiet before.."
[18:27] <Ataru> (oh great, my roommate has two 40s)
[18:27] * Alaric drains the hacker dude while he's talking.
[18:27] <Alaric> (can I just use the last drain roll?)
[18:27] <Koizumi> "Umm...is that sound of the pitter-patter of feet something good...or bad Xui?"
[18:27] * Sophia steps out from a hidden corner, blinking. "Mjollnir...? What happened...? You were fine just a minute ago..."
[18:27] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+2
[18:27] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+2 --> [ 2d6=9 ]{11}
[18:28] <Alaric> (-3 for undetectable)
[18:28] * Salior_Mjollnir looks at Koizumi, "bad," and then looks t Sophia, "they were waiting in ambush for me..."
[18:28] <Yarrow> You drain him. Mm, let me calculate his ep.
[18:29] * Sophia frowns slightly. "Uh oh... that means... um, how many?"
[18:29] * Koizumi stamps her cane in irritation, while grumbling. "Rrr, I'm tired of having to get all my information after the fact. This isn't time for radio"
[18:30] <Salior_Mjollnir> "2 rubber droids, a red one I've never seen before and a big one"
[18:30] <Yarrow> He staggers with fatigue but isn't knocked out.
[18:30] * Alaric holds the elevator door open.
[18:30] <Alaric> "Hey.. hey! Are you allright?"
[18:30] * Alaric looks down on the staggering man, concerned.
[18:31] * Sophia glances back in the direction of the footfalls. "Then we should hide before they get here."
[18:31] <Yarrow> Man: "Just tired... Need to lie down. If you're getting in, would you, please."
[18:31] <Alaric> (can I just drain him again?)
[18:31] <Koizumi> "Good idea, let's get...somewhere."
[18:32] <Salior_Mjollnir> "yes somewhere other than here would be a good idea"
[18:32] <Alaric> "That's no good, can't have you just falling over.. please allow me to help."
[18:32] <Yarrow> You can, but it sounds like the approaching steps are going to round the corner any second.
[18:32] * Alaric will scoop him up.
[18:33] <Yarrow> You attempt to pick him up instead of draining him?
[18:33] <Alaric> (can't I do both?)
[18:33] <Alaric> (isn't one a move, and one a standard.. or somesuch?)
[18:33] * Sophia glances at Alaric. (Sending a telepathic message: 'Can you get into the nearest room in a few seconds? We have droids coming in.')
[18:33] <Yarrow> You can drain him, but are likely to be in combat time by the time you carry him out.
[18:34] * Alaric drains him, slaps the 'emergency stop' button on the elevator, and books it as directed.
[18:34] <Alaric> roll 2d6+4 drainz0r
[18:34] <McDice> Alaric rolled : 2d6+4 drainz0r --> [ 2d6=3 ]{7}
[18:34] <Alaric> DR
[18:34] <Alaric> roll 2d6+4 drain
[18:34] <McDice> Alaric rolled : 2d6+4 drain --> [ 2d6=8 ]{12}
[18:35] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+3
[18:35] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+3 --> [ 2d6=10 ]{13}
[18:35] <Alaric> (-3 for undetectable?)
[18:35] <Yarrow> There is that. You hit him.
[18:36] <Yarrow> And the brainy bastard is still up!
[18:36] <Alaric> (hopefully there's actually a 'emergency stop' button?)
[18:36] <Alaric> (how many EP did I get when I drained, btw)
[18:36] * Sophia ducks into the nearest room as quickly as is feasible.
[18:37] * Salior_Mjollnir ports in behind Sophia
[18:37] <Yarrow> 20 each
[18:37] <Alaric> (alright, so I'm at 76/40 ep)
[18:37] <Alaric> (er, 74/40 ep)
[18:37] * Koizumi tries to follow the sound of footsteps behind them.
[18:37] * Alaric heads for the room across from Sophia's if there is one.. if not, right after sophia.
[18:37] <Yarrow> Said brainy bastard has now finally realized you're not his friend.
[18:38] <Alaric> (yeah well, too bad, so sad)
[18:38] <Yarrow> Ok, so you hit the emergency stop even though he didn't go down and left, correct?
[18:38] <Alaric> (yeah, there's really nothing else to do)
[18:38] * Yarrow nods.
[18:39] <Yarrow> An alarm bell rings as you hit the emergency stop.
[18:39] <Alaric> (haha)
[18:40] * Koizumi mutters. "That's lovely..."
[18:40] * Sophia winces.
[18:40] <Alaric> (can always hope he's too disoriented to work out what to do next)
[18:40] <Yarrow> It cuts off fairly quickly as the man hits it again so the doors can close, but it probably wasn't a good thing. Then again, as a group of droids round the corner at a run, it seems like your cover was already blown anyway.
[18:41] <Sophia> (Did he get into hiding in time?)
[18:41] <Ataru> (sounds like Toast will soon have company)
[18:41] <Yarrow> Ok. The nearest room would have been the one you met the man in, but if you want to pick a different one, you can.
[18:42] <Yarrow> That's to Sophia & Alaric.
[18:42] <Alaric> (well.. sophia had dibs)
[18:42] * Sophia will have gone into that room.
[18:42] <Alaric> (I would have either gone into a room directly opposite that, or if that's not an option, followed her)
[18:43] <Yarrow> All right. The party (minus Toast) is reunited in the room where Koizumi's blindly waiting.
[18:43] <Yarrow> roll 1d100
[18:43] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 1d100 --> [ 1d100=10 ]{10}
[18:43] <Yarrow> You're not sure whether the droids saw you, but they're heading your way.
[18:43] <Yarrow> Anything you want to do in the short time before they get there?
[18:44] <Alaric> "Nietzsche.. Nihilist power.. Makeup!"
[18:44] * Alaric transforms in a swirl of black and gold wind.
[18:44] * Alaric is now known as Sailor_Nietzsche
[18:44] <Sophia> roll 2d6+8 Mind Touch on one of the droids
[18:44] <McDice> Sophia rolled : 2d6+8 Mind Touch on one of the droids --> [ 2d6=4 ]{12}
[18:44] <Koizumi> "Don't tell me you people are bringing heat right into the room with the poor blind girl?"
[18:44] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "Koizumi, enable your echosonic device. It is a moot point now."
[18:44] * Sailor_Nietzsche backs away from the door.
[18:45] <Yarrow> roll 1d4
[18:45] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 1d4 --> [ 1d4=2 ]{2}
[18:45] <Salior_Mjollnir> "agreed the metal minions of evil know where here now no point in hiding"
[18:45] * Koizumi shrugs and does, letting out a breath. "It's good to see"
[18:45] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+3
[18:45] <Sophia> "Don't go too loud, though... They will have a command post down on the third floor at the least."
[18:45] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+3 --> [ 2d6=5 ]{8}
[18:45] <Yarrow> Sophia, you've touched ... something.
[18:46] <Salior_Mjollnir> (why are you fondling my ass)
[18:46] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (You see a thousand, no, ten thousand amorphous faces, melting into one another, every one of them screaming 'Tekeli-li! Tekeli-li!')
[18:46] <Koizumi> "I can't see outside this room."
[18:46] <Ataru> (tekeli-li?)
[18:46] * Sophia tsks. "They know we're here."
[18:47] <Koizumi> "Somehow I'm not surprised"
[18:47] <Yarrow> Well, after the light show, it's pretty much a given.
[18:47] * Sophia raises her rifle, pressing the butt to her shoulder and aiming at the door.
[18:48] <Yarrow> Droids appear at the doorway and attempt to head in.
[18:48] * Sailor_Nietzsche will attack them ASAP.
[18:48] <Yarrow> init
[18:48] <Sailor_Nietzsche> roll 2d6+10 init
[18:48] <Koizumi> roll 2d6+3
[18:48] <McDice> Koizumi rolled : 2d6+3 --> [ 2d6=3 ]{6}
[18:48] <McDice> Sailor_Nietzsche rolled : 2d6+10 init --> [ 2d6=7 ]{17}
[18:48] <Koizumi> "
[18:48] <Salior_Mjollnir> roll 2d6+5
[18:48] <McDice> Salior_Mjollnir rolled : 2d6+5 --> [ 2d6=2 ]{7}
[18:48] <Koizumi> "Don't mind me if I hang well back in this one"
[18:48] <Sophia> roll 2d6+5
[18:48] <Salior_Mjollnir> (...)
[18:48] <McDice> Sophia rolled : 2d6+5 --> [ 2d6=4 ]{9}
[18:49] <Yarrow> Not so hard to believe you lost all those search checks now, is it?
[18:49] * Sophia fires as they enter.
[18:49] <Yarrow> roll 2#2d6+4
[18:49] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2#2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=7 ]{11}, [ 2d6=11 ]{15}
[18:49] <Yarrow> roll 2#2d6+3
[18:49] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2#2d6+3 --> [ 2d6=7 ]{10}, [ 2d6=3 ]{6}
[18:49] <Sophia> (Looks like THEY fire as they enter, first...)
[18:50] * Sailor_Nietzsche aims at the first one through, and looses a silver-and-gold disc at it.
[18:50] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "Soul Slicer!"
[18:51] <Sailor_Nietzsche> roll 2d6+9 (+12, homing, piercing +3)
[18:51] <McDice> Sailor_Nietzsche rolled : 2d6+9 (+12, homing, piercing +3) --> [ 2d6=11 ]{20}
[18:51] * Yarrow changes topic to 'Nietz, zerker, rubber, Sophia, red1, Mjoll, red2/Koi, Niet, Mjoll'
[18:51] <Ataru> (what, no gaze into the abyss attack?)
[18:51] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (oh wait)
[18:51] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (zerker, zerker, zerker ;p )
[18:51] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (needs to dienowfast)
[18:51] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (.. good thing it was first ;p )
[18:52] <Yarrow> Sailor_Nietzsche fires at the red droid that heads through first.
[18:52] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+6
[18:52] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+6 --> [ 2d6=8 ]{14}
[18:52] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (how's it get through first if it's behind on init?)
[18:52] <Yarrow> The zerker is letting the smaller droids go first so she can fire over their heads.
[18:53] <Yarrow> Sorry, when I say 'go first' I mean run in front of her. She will fire before they get to do melee attacks.
[18:54] <Yarrow> The droid gets hit square in the chest by the disc and goes down.
[18:54] <Ataru> (huh, how does that work?)
[18:55] <Sophia> (The droids have to get closer before they can take their action, the zerker can just sit out there, look at a watch for a couple seconds, and then shoot, so it's predisposed to going first)
[18:55] <Yarrow> The second red droid enters but before it can reach anyone, the zerker that appears behind her fires over her head.
[18:55] <Yarrow> At Alaric.
[18:55] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+8
[18:55] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+8 --> [ 2d6=5 ]{13}
[18:56] <Sailor_Nietzsche> roll 2d6+6 dodge
[18:56] <McDice> Sailor_Nietzsche rolled : 2d6+6 dodge --> [ 2d6=10 ]{16}
[18:56] <Yarrow> The shell flies over Nietzsche's head and hits a bare spot on the wall.
[18:57] <Yarrow> A rubber droid about the size of the zerker pushes past her and tries to smash Mjollnir.
[18:57] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+10
[18:57] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+10 --> [ 2d6=3 ]{13}
[18:58] <Salior_Mjollnir> roll 2d6+8
[18:58] <McDice> Salior_Mjollnir rolled : 2d6+8 --> [ 2d6=3 ]{11}
[18:58] <Salior_Mjollnir> (....)
[18:58] <Yarrow> This rubber droid is much bigger than the ones you've fought before.
[18:58] <Salior_Mjollnir> (no I was just pisses I missed by 2)
[18:59] <Yarrow> She smacks Mjollnir hard for 20 damage before armor.
[18:59] <Yarrow> Sophia is up.
[18:59] <Salior_Mjollnir> (60/80)
[18:59] * Sophia jerks around, turning to the droids coming up fast, and snaps her hand out in a claw-like gesture, threads of blue reaching out towards the rubber droid. "Terror News!"
[19:00] <Sophia> roll 2d6+7
[19:00] <McDice> Sophia rolled : 2d6+7 --> [ 2d6=7 ]{14}
[19:00] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+10
[19:00] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+10 --> [ 2d6=4 ]{14}
[19:01] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+10
[19:01] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+10 --> [ 2d6=11 ]{21}
[19:01] <Ataru> (Terrow News?... O_O)
[19:01] <Yarrow> She staggers back but is not incapacitated.
[19:02] <Salior_Mjollnir> (....onot this one)
[19:02] <Sophia> (Hey, at least it didn't hit you, for once...)
[19:02] <Salior_Mjollnir> (true and I'm greatfull)
[19:02] <Yarrow> A second red droid slips in and tries to stab Sophia.
[19:02] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+6
[19:03] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+6 --> [ 2d6=11 ]{17}
[19:04] <Sophia> roll 2d6+7
[19:04] <McDice> Sophia rolled : 2d6+7 --> [ 2d6=5 ]{12}
[19:04] * Sophia is stabbed.
[19:04] <Yarrow> The droid stabs Sophia and inflicts 10 damage.
[19:05] <Yarrow> Mjollnir is up.
[19:05] * Sophia grits her teeth as the blade skims off her ribcage.
[19:06] * Salior_Mjollnir rushes the remaining red one with a raised charged fist, "Rai....ken" she says with barely any emotion at all
[19:06] <Salior_Mjollnir> roll 2d6+8
[19:06] <McDice> Salior_Mjollnir rolled : 2d6+8 --> [ 2d6=11 ]{19}
[19:06] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+6
[19:06] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+6 --> [ 2d6=6 ]{12}
[19:07] <Salior_Mjollnir> (43 points of damage)
[19:07] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (awww jeah)
[19:08] <Yarrow> Electricity plays over the red droid as she goes down.
[19:08] <Salior_Mjollnir> (ep 160/170)
[19:08] <Yarrow> Koizumi is up.
[19:08] <Koizumi> (what shape does the massive, horridble zerker feel to be in?)
[19:09] <Sophia> (Twisted.)
[19:09] <Sophia> (Oh, sorry, I read that as 'what shape does it NEED to be in' :P )
[19:09] <Koizumi> (-pats Pale-)
[19:09] <Yarrow> Her posture is good and you don't sense any holes in her.
[19:10] <Ataru> (I forgot to get judge opponent)
[19:10] <Ataru> (damn... next time)
[19:10] <Koizumi> (well I don't have it either, all I can get it..."what's it look like?" although taking that is a good idea)
[19:10] <Koizumi> (or in my case, sound like)
[19:10] <Koizumi> anyway)
[19:11] * Koizumi swings her cane, which catches fire, and a bolt of flame rips off the tip for the zerker...thing.
[19:11] <Koizumi> (unless there is some obstruction?)
[19:11] <Yarrow> Her height works both ways and you have a clear shot.
[19:11] <Koizumi> roll 2d6+5
[19:11] <McDice> Koizumi rolled : 2d6+5 --> [ 2d6=8 ]{13}
[19:11] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+8
[19:11] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+8 --> [ 2d6=6 ]{14}
[19:12] <Yarrow> But she twitches her head to the side and your flamebolt goes by to hit the wall behind her.
[19:12] <Yarrow> roll 1d100
[19:12] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 1d100 --> [ 1d100=24 ]{24}
[19:13] <Yarrow> The othes see the wall start to catch fire but go out.
[19:13] <Yarrow> Nietzsch is up again.
[19:13] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (does the overflow beyond the benchmark cap count against called shots?)
[19:13] <Yarrow> I would say no.
[19:14] <Sailor_Nietzsche> roll 2d6+9 (+12, +3 homing, +3 piercing, multidimensional)
[19:14] <McDice> Sailor_Nietzsche rolled : 2d6+9 (+12, +3 homing, +3 piercing, multidimensional) --> [ 2d6=4 ]{13}
[19:14] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "Soul Slicer!"
[19:14] * Sailor_Nietzsche hurls it at the 'Zerker this time.
[19:15] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+8-1
[19:15] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+8-1 --> [ 2d6=6 ]{13}
[19:15] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (phew)
[19:15] <Salior_Mjollnir> (yatta)
[19:15] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (that's.. 139/160 ep, I believe)
[19:16] <Yarrow> The disc hits the zerker and staggers her.
[19:16] <Yarrow> Mjollnir is up again.
[19:16] * Salior_Mjollnir takes her hammer, "Thor's HAMMMER!" and hurls it at the Zerker
[19:16] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "Drop the one I just damaged!"
[19:16] <Salior_Mjollnir> roll 2d6+7
[19:16] <McDice> Salior_Mjollnir rolled : 2d6+7 --> [ 2d6=6 ]{13}
[19:17] <Salior_Mjollnir> (what I was doing)
[19:17] <Salior_Mjollnir> DR
[19:17] <Salior_Mjollnir> roll 2d6+7
[19:17] <McDice> Salior_Mjollnir rolled : 2d6+7 --> [ 2d6=8 ]{15}
[19:17] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (eh, what's wrong with a 6?)
[19:17] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+8-3
[19:17] <Ataru> (don't you mean... STOP... Hammer Time!)
[19:17] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+8-3 --> [ 2d6=5 ]{10}
[19:17] <Salior_Mjollnir> (31)
[19:17] <Yarrow> The zerker falls over with a loud thud.
[19:18] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "Yes!"
[19:18] <Yarrow> New round.
[19:18] * Sophia smiles.
[19:18] <Koizumi> "Fantastic!"
[19:18] * Yarrow changes topic to 'Nietz, rubber, Sophia, Mjoll, Koi, Niet, Mjoll'
[19:18] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (Rubber is the only one left, right?)
[19:18] * Sailor_Nietzsche aims at the rubber droid, and lets fly.
[19:18] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "Soul Slicer!"
[19:18] <Sailor_Nietzsche> roll 2d6+9 soul slicer
[19:18] <McDice> Sailor_Nietzsche rolled : 2d6+9 soul slicer --> [ 2d6=6 ]{15}
[19:18] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+10
[19:18] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+10 --> [ 2d6=6 ]{16}
[19:18] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (misses, but comes around for another pass next round, homing)
[19:19] <Yarrow> (Yep)
[19:19] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "kssssss!"
[19:19] * Sailor_Nietzsche is less than happy with that throw.
[19:19] <Yarrow> The disc zooms out the door and starts bouncing around the hall.
[19:19] * Sailor_Nietzsche lashes her tail.
[19:19] <Yarrow> The big rubber droid tries to flatten Mjollnir
[19:19] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+10
[19:19] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+10 --> [ 2d6=7 ]{17}
[19:21] <Salior_Mjollnir> roll 2d6+8
[19:21] <McDice> Salior_Mjollnir rolled : 2d6+8 --> [ 2d6=11 ]{19}
[19:21] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (nice)
[19:21] <Yarrow> Mjollnir manages to dodge tonight!
[19:21] <Salior_Mjollnir> (finally)
[19:21] <Yarrow> Sophia is up.
[19:21] * Sophia blinks down at her wound, as blue tendrils seem to be 'knitting' it up, then she shakes her head and snaps out another clawing attack. "Please go down!"
[19:21] <Sophia> roll 2d6+7
[19:21] <McDice> Sophia rolled : 2d6+7 --> [ 2d6=9 ]{16}
[19:21] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+10
[19:21] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+10 --> [ 2d6=10 ]{20}
[19:22] <Yarrow> The droid bounces out of the way of the attack.
[19:22] <Sophia> ("No!")
[19:22] <Koizumi> (You probably should've just called yourself Sailor Blood; since you do a lot of bleedin)
[19:22] <Yarrow> (Probably because he/she does things like trying to take this entire pack on ALONE.)
[19:22] <Yarrow> Koizumi is up.
[19:23] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (Suicidegirls.com ------> THAT WAY)
[19:23] <Yarrow> (Yeah. He won initiative against them and decided to fight. :) )
[19:23] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (it's a very Anything Goes choice)
[19:23] * Koizumi swings her cane again from the backlines, aiming for the big rubber thing, "Keep your distance, if this works, it'll catch fire"
[19:24] <Koizumi> roll 2d6+5
[19:24] <Yarrow> (Which is why there are maybe 2 or 3 practitioners alive today.)
[19:24] <McDice> Koizumi rolled : 2d6+5 --> [ 2d6=5 ]{10}
[19:24] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+10-1
[19:24] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+10-1 --> [ 2d6=8 ]{17}
[19:24] <Yarrow> roll 1d100
[19:24] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 1d100 --> [ 1d100=91 ]{91}
[19:24] <Koizumi> "...This is going to take some getting used to"
[19:24] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (it's secret name: the Darwin Fist)
[19:24] <Yarrow> It does not work. On the bright side, the building doesn't catch on fire, either.
[19:24] <Yarrow> Mjollnir's up.
[19:24] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (it aggressively weeds out those who do not have an abnormal aptitude for escaping near-certain death)
[19:24] <Koizumi> (Saotome Style Get Pummeled While Kicking the Shit Out of People Anything Goes)
[19:25] <Sophia> (And those who do not have an abnormal aptitude for getting into situations of near-certain death just aren't trained any further? :P)
[19:26] <Yarrow> Mjollnir?
[19:26] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (they find the training regimen excessive)
[19:26] * Salior_Mjollnir catches her hammer and throws it again at the rubber one
[19:27] <Salior_Mjollnir> roll 2d6+7
[19:27] <McDice> Salior_Mjollnir rolled : 2d6+7 --> [ 2d6=10 ]{17}
[19:27] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+10-3
[19:27] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+10-3 --> [ 2d6=9 ]{16}
[19:27] <Salior_Mjollnir> 31)
[19:27] <Salior_Mjollnir> (140/170)
[19:27] <Yarrow> Mjollnir, body roll: TN 10.
[19:28] <Salior_Mjollnir> roll 2d6+6 4 or better
[19:28] <McDice> Salior_Mjollnir rolled : 2d6+6 or better --> [ 2d6=6 ]{12}
[19:28] <Yarrow> The hammer returns surprisingly fast as it bounces off the rubber droid, but Mjollnir manages to catch it safely.
[19:29] <Yarrow> Hm. I think we skipped Nietzsche.
[19:29] <Koizumi> "That's...disturbing"
[19:29] <Yarrow> Well, she's up now.
[19:29] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "Soul Slicer!"
[19:29] <Sailor_Nietzsche> roll 2d6+9 soul slicer
[19:29] <McDice> Sailor_Nietzsche rolled : 2d6+9 soul slicer --> [ 2d6=3 ]{12}
[19:29] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (rofl)
[19:29] <Salior_Mjollnir> "rubber fiends"
[19:29] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+10-6
[19:29] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+10-6 --> [ 2d6=3 ]{7}
[19:30] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (41 +3 piercing, multidimensional)
[19:30] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (and my first attack in this round was a whiff)
[19:30] <Yarrow> What sort of damage does it do?
[19:31] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (hm)
[19:31] <Yarrow> Raw magic, slicing, a combination, or something else?
[19:31] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (never really codified it.. slicing, I suppose)
[19:31] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (it doesn't explode on contact, it cuts through stuff, so physical/slicing I guess)
[19:31] <Yarrow> Ok, if you want 1/2 slicing, 1/2 magic, that's possible, too.
[19:31] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (with the caveat that it can hit non-physical stuff like ghosts w/ multidimensional)
[19:32] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (I'll save that for the next attack which will be more magick-y)
[19:32] <Yarrow> The disc hits and seems to hit to full effect. The droid looks ... rubbery on her legs.
[19:33] <Yarrow> Mjollnir's up again.
[19:33] <Koizumi> ("Is that jiggling a good sign...or bad?")
[19:35] <Salior_Mjollnir> does it look like there anything cut threw it so I have a direct path to it's inners?)
[19:35] <Yarrow> No. You're not even sure it has innards.
[19:36] <Salior_Mjollnir> (cause if I hit with the raiken I'm expecting it to absorb it and not be effect it)
[19:36] * Salior_Mjollnir takes a defensive stance, "my attacks seem useless to it"
[19:36] <Koizumi> "Well, that's not good"
[19:37] <Yarrow> You think they're not being *completely* absorbed, but they are having a lot taken out of them.
[19:37] <Yarrow> Done?
[19:37] <Salior_Mjollnir> (done)
[19:38] <Yarrow> Top of the order. A disc flies back into the room.
[19:38] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+10
[19:38] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+10 --> [ 2d6=8 ]{18}
[19:38] <Salior_Mjollnir> (....oh hell)
[19:38] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (do I roll that again, or use previous roll?)
[19:38] <Yarrow> Let's use the previous roll.
[19:39] <Yarrow> The disc whizzes by and embeds itself in a compture terminal.
[19:39] <Yarrow> Nietz is up.
[19:39] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "Kssss! Die already, monster!"
[19:39] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "Soul Slicer!'
[19:39] <Sailor_Nietzsche> roll 2d6+9
[19:39] <McDice> Sailor_Nietzsche rolled : 2d6+9 --> [ 2d6=10 ]{19}
[19:39] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+10-1
[19:39] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+10-1 --> [ 2d6=6 ]{15}
[19:40] <Yarrow> The disc goes right through the droid, which collapses.
[19:40] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (and that's.. 108/160)
[19:40] * Sailor_Nietzsche looks around frantically, her ears twitching...
[19:40] * Sophia exhales heavily. "That... took a lot..."
[19:40] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (do I hear anyone coming?)
[19:40] <Yarrow> You don't hear anyone coming.
[19:41] * Koizumi leans on her cane, letting out a breath. "Fun...let's not do that again for a while"
[19:41] * Sailor_Nietzsche detransforms.
[19:41] * Sailor_Nietzsche is now known as Alaric
[19:41] * Alaric huffs a little.
[19:41] <Alaric> "Took.. a lot.. yeah."
[19:41] * Alaric then gets a little angry.
[19:41] * Salior_Mjollnir tries to detransform
[19:41] * Sophia is still breathing heavily. "We've... got to... get moving... they may have... heard us..."
[19:41] <Alaric> "Dammit, I was within only a couple seconds of having a perfect information source!"
[19:42] * Alaric looks over at Sophia.
[19:42] <Alaric> "and you're right."
[19:42] <Sophia> "Can you... carry him...?"
[19:42] * Alaric darts out into the hallway, to check on the elevator.
[19:42] <Yarrow> Mjollnir detransforms and Xui-Fie finds himself at 3 hp.
[19:42] <Alaric> (yeah, fat chance)
[19:42] * Salior_Mjollnir is now known as Xui-Fei
[19:42] <Sophia> (Eh? I thought you were carrying him into here, not just ducking into a hiding place :P )
[19:42] <Yarrow> The elevator is gone. You have a feeling it'll be back soon, though.
[19:43] * Xui-Fei collaspes on the ground panting
[19:43] * Koizumi quickly heads over to Xui to check on her.
[19:43] * Sophia reaches down, and tries to heft Xui to his feet. "Come on... we need to MOVE... they're coming..."
[19:44] <Ataru> (too bad toast's not here to dropp explosives on it)
[19:44] <Alaric> "Just a few moments, and I'll help you a bit.."
[19:44] <Alaric> (who did I heal last game, that was Val right?)
[19:44] <Yarrow> Valery has been healed for 24hp.
[19:45] <Sophia> (Yuppers)
[19:45] <Yarrow> That's all.
[19:45] * Xui-Fei slowly gets up, "ow....."
[19:45] <Koizumi> "Well, this is so much fun."
[19:45] <Xui-Fei> "note to self when out numbered 4 to 1 run the hell away)
[19:46] * Koizumi offers Xui a shoulder to lean on, although she'll need to share the weight with someone.
[19:46] * Xui-Fei takes the offer
[19:46] <Alaric> "Let's go.. somewhere. Not here!"
[19:46] <Yarrow> Koizumi complains about not having fun in the devastated city where almost all of your friends and loved ones are certainly dead.
[19:46] * Alaric then runs over to whatever the guy was working on, and smashes the hell outta it with a desk or something (Superstrength).
[19:47] <Xui-Fei> "probably a good idea....though I don't know if the ohter elvator is guarded now or not...."
[19:47] <Yarrow> The console gets dented and the desk breaks.
[19:47] * Xui-Fei fumbles into the med pack taking one fo the last strong healing medspray using it on her self
[19:47] <Sophia> "The main elevator is going to have an army coming from it in a minute... Let's hurry..."
[19:47] * Koizumi doesn't bother turning off her echo-senses now.
[19:47] <Alaric> "Oh hell.."
[19:48] <Alaric> "Someone who knows where we're going, lead the way!"
[19:48] * Alaric ditches his attempts to bust the console.
[19:48] <Xui-Fei> (33/60)
[19:48] * Xui-Fei gets up a bit, "I still have a map on the ESC"
[19:49] <Yarrow> You quickly head toward the elevator, Xui-Fei leading the way.
[19:49] <Yarrow> A couple of turns later, you encounter some vending machines.
[19:49] * Xui-Fei rushes past the talking vending machines before they can even start there mutt and jeff routines
[19:49] <Yarrow> Vending machine 1: "Whoa! You guys look beat! How about a refreshing drink?"
[19:50] * Xui-Fei stops...."how much?"
[19:50] <Yarrow> The others quickly join in and hawk their wares.
[19:50] <Yarrow> VM1: "Yes! 1 credit."
[19:50] * Sophia bows to the vending machines. "I'm sorry, but we're in a great rush..."
[19:50] * Koizumi just stares, with her eyes closed...and being blind, but still. "No comment."
[19:50] * Alaric keeps going.
[19:51] <Yarrow> The other machines hastily offer food, entertainment, and other necessities.
[19:51] <Xui-Fei> "sorry duty calls gotta go" heads on ahead
[19:51] * Sophia prods Xui since he's the one with the map.
[19:51] * Sophia continues following Xui.
[19:51] <Yarrow> VM1: "TEASE!"
[19:51] <Yarrow> VM1: "Get back here, you jerk!"
[19:52] <Yarrow> The machines hurl insults and pleas after you.
[19:52] <Koizumi> "That's just to disturbing"
[19:53] <Alaric> "...could have used a pint of milk."
[19:53] <Yarrow> You go through by one more corner before reaching the hall that branches off and goes 100M to the elevator. About halfway down, there's a painted band of black and yellow stripes and CAUTION! RESTRICTED AREA! in big black letters.
[19:53] <Xui-Fei> "considering I've been broke sense the daybefore when Reis bummed my last credit for some icecream..." he says sadly
[19:53] <Yarrow> There seems to be something on the ceiling behind the line.
[19:53] * Sophia looks up at the restricted sign. "Well... this looks like it..."
[19:54] * Sophia peers up at the something.
[19:54] <Yarrow> It's a bit far. Do you head down the hall? If so, how far?
[19:54] * Xui-Fei checks his ESC if there's anything he should know about any securtiy in the buliding
[19:55] <Yarrow> The general info on the building says the upper floors are restricted.
[19:55] * Alaric looks around - any consoles?
[19:56] <Yarrow> Not at the end of the hall. If you want to head to the striped line, let me know.
[19:56] * Sophia glances at Xui. "The elevator is down the hall, right?"
[19:56] <Yarrow> (It is)
[19:56] * Koizumi glances around quietly while her senses continue to give feedback off the walls and surroudings.
[19:57] * Xui-Fei nods
[19:57] <Xui-Fei> "yeah"
[19:57] <Koizumi> "What's that stuff above us? It feels weird"
[19:57] <Xui-Fei> "though it's saying the upper floors are restricted"
[19:57] * Alaric walks over to Xui-Fei and touches his should gently.
[19:58] * Sophia nods, and heads down the hall. "Then let's go. The access systems have always let us through before."
[19:58] <Alaric> (Healing, 20 points)
[19:58] <Alaric> (assuming it's available)
[19:58] <Yarrow> You weren't in senshi form very long, so you're able to heal him.
[19:58] * Xui-Fei blinks feeling a hell of a lot better
[19:59] <Xui-Fei> (53/60 +plus what ever the regeneration has pulled up so I might be fully healed by now)
[19:59] <Sophia> (Er, if you're regenning, you're probably in perfect shape by now :P )
[19:59] <Xui-Fei> (it's only rank 1)
[19:59] <Yarrow> You walk down the hall. As you get close to the striped area, Sophia, you can see that the things on the ceiling are armored turrets of some sort. They look very nice.
[20:00] <Alaric> (it's still 5 hp per 3-6 seconds)
[20:00] <Alaric> (damn, I shoulda checked to see if you NEEDED healing ;p )
[20:00] <Yarrow> You can have your healing back, Alaric.
[20:00] <Alaric> (ahh, K)
[20:00] * Xui-Fei is fully healed thanks to the Saotome School's Healing factor
[20:00] <Yarrow> Turret: "Hello, Sophia. This is a restricted area, and I'm afraid I don't have a security record for you."
[20:01] * Xui-Fei blinks
[20:01] * Sophia looks up at the turrets absently. "Hello... that's strange, everything else has worked on my ID before...?"
[20:01] <Yarrow> Turret: "I do have an ID record for you but not a security record. That is rather unusual."
[20:01] <Sophia> "Um... do you have anything for Valery Shein?"
[20:01] <Yarrow> Turret: "Nevertheless, if you attempt to enter the restricted area, I will be forced to separate you."
[20:02] * Koizumi frowns and points her cane at the turrets. "Okay, so is what I'm feeling a bad thing?" Whispered to Xui.
[20:02] <Xui-Fei> "I don't know Koizumi..." he says, "but there's a weapon here trying to stop us"
[20:02] <Sophia> Mental sending to Xui: 'Does your console have security access to this place?'
[20:02] <Yarrow> Turret: "I must warn you not to point a weapon at the turrets, Ms. Michiyo."
[20:03] * Xui-Fei checks seeing if there is some security overide or not
[20:03] <Yarrow> Turret: "I do have a record for a Valery Shein, but I cannot give you any information on it."
[20:03] <Yarrow> There are no panels in sight.
[20:03] * Sophia blinks. "Um... that's me."
[20:03] <Alaric> "Am I, Alaric, authorized to enter?"
[20:03] <Yarrow> Turret: "I'm sorry, but you do not match the profile for Valery Shein."
[20:03] <Xui-Fei> "same for Xui-Fei Chuan and Sailor Mjollnir both are me"
[20:04] <Yarrow> Turret: "I'm sorry, doctor, but you are not. No one in your party is."
[20:04] * Sophia drops the transformation, adjusts her shawl, and bows slightly to the turrets. "I'm sorry."
[20:04] * Sophia is now known as Valery
[20:04] <Valery> "Do you recognize me now?"
[20:04] <Ataru> (not permitted AND you lose firepower)
[20:04] <Ataru> (;p)
[20:05] <Xui-Fei> "well great it's the end of the fracking world and we got a fussy computer that won't allow us to move on ward due to imedient droid reinforcements"
[20:05] <Yarrow> "Good day, Valery. Please wait while I access the notes on your file."
[20:05] * Alaric looks back, and his ears twitch.
[20:05] * Xui-Fei blinks
[20:05] <Alaric> (hear anything?)
[20:05] * Valery smiles, nodding.
[20:05] <Xui-Fei> "bizzar"
[20:05] * Koizumi shrugs. "As long as it works"
[20:05] <Yarrow> Without warning, a single bolt of energy streaks from a turret and a shower of glass explodes at the entrance of the hall.
[20:05] <Alaric> "hhrrrk."
[20:06] <Yarrow> Turret: "Pardon the interruption."
[20:06] * Alaric almost chokes himself.
[20:06] * Valery gasps, whirling around to see the destruction. "Ah... no problem, thank you."
[20:06] * Koizumi shudders. "And as long as it doesn't fire on us..."
[20:06] * Valery turns back to the turret.
[20:06] * Xui-Fei blinks
[20:06] <Alaric> "Let's clear the line of fire.."
[20:07] * Alaric moves to the side of the hallway.
[20:07] * Xui-Fei nods in agreement
[20:07] <Yarrow> Turret: "I see. Please tell me about this Sophia identity of yours, Valery."
[20:07] * Koizumi moves with Xui
[20:07] <Valery> "Ah... I'm not really sure on the details, but it seems I can transform into a senshi now..."
[20:08] <Yarrow> Turret: "Indeed? Hm... a senshi form. That would explain some of the readings. And what of your companions, do they also have senshi forms?"
[20:09] <Valery> "Um, yes, all of them except for Toast, who isn't here at the moment."
[20:09] * Xui-Fei nods, "I'm Salior Mjollnir"
[20:10] <Ataru> (he will be if we time skip 12 hours >_>)
[20:10] <Yarrow> Turret: "Fascinating. In their current identities, your companions do not have clearance to enter. If they can demonstrate senshi forms, I think that would be sufficient."
[20:10] <Alaric> "I am, apparently, Sailor Nietzsche."
[20:10] * Alaric shrugs.
[20:10] * Alaric checks his six.. any hostiles?
[20:10] <Yarrow> No hostiles yet.
[20:11] <Alaric> "Nietzsche.. Nihilism Power.. Make-up!"
[20:11] * Alaric twirls, spins, black winds turning to gold.. and comes out as Sailor Nietzsche.
[20:11] <DCG> (im waiting on the vendening mechines to hunt you guys down)
[20:11] * Alaric is now known as Sailor_Nietzsche
[20:12] <Yarrow> Turret: "Sailor Nietzsche, linked to Alaric, ID number: <ID number>."
[20:12] <Koizumi> "Does this require us all to do it?"
[20:13] <Yarrow> Turret: "Anyone who wishes to enter, yes."
[20:13] * Koizumi sighs and performs her own little light show
[20:13] * Koizumi is now known as Sailor_Phobos
[20:13] * Xui-Fei pulls out his wand, "Mjollnir Star Power MAKE-UP!"
[20:14] * Xui-Fei is now known as Sailor_Mjollnir
[20:14] * Valery smiles. "Will you be needing me to transform again as well?"
[20:14] <Yarrow> A zerker enters the hall.
[20:14] <Yarrow> roll 2#2d6+20
[20:14] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2#2d6+20 --> [ 2d6=6 ]{26}, [ 2d6=7 ]{27}
[20:14] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+8
[20:14] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+8 --> [ 2d6=6 ]{14}
[20:14] <Yarrow> The zerker goes down in a storm of lethal energy.
[20:15] <Yarrow> Turret: "No, thank you, Valery."
[20:15] * Valery whirls around again as the guns fire.
[20:15] * Valery turns back to the guns, nodding and composing herself. "May I pass my commendations on to your designer?"
[20:15] * Sailor_Mjollnir blinks "I keep getting impressed with that turrent"
[20:15] * Sailor_Nietzsche cringes at the explosion, her ears laid back.
[20:15] * Sailor_Nietzsche then detransforms.
[20:15] <Yarrow> Turret: "If I encounter Sailor Mercury, I will pass them along."
[20:15] * Sailor_Nietzsche is now known as Alaric-chan
[20:16] * Sailor_Mjollnir detransforms as well
[20:16] <Sailor_Phobos> "Can we get a couple of those?"
[20:16] * Sailor_Mjollnir is now known as Xui-Fei
[20:16] <Alaric-chan> "For your information, there are hostile parties attempting to gain access to the terminals in this building."
[20:16] * Valery nods. "Yes... it might be a good idea to sever contacts from the terminals below this location, if you have not already."
[20:16] <Yarrow> Turret: "Thank you. I am aware of the Nemesian engineers in this building."
[20:17] * Alaric-chan grumbles a little.
[20:17] <Alaric-chan> "I would have had one captive, too,..."
[20:17] <Yarrow> Turret: "It has been most entertaining to lead them into one frustration after another."
[20:17] <Alaric-chan> "I don't suppose you know what, or where, Nemesis is?"
[20:17] * Xui-Fei nods with Doc she was about to ask that question
[20:18] * Valery smiles. "Will you need any help securing your systems?"
[20:18] <Yarrow> Turret: "Nemesis is a rogue planet in this solar system. Thank you for the offer, but it is unnecessary."
[20:18] * Xui-Fei smirks, "so I was right they are Aliens"
[20:19] <Yarrow> Turret: "You now have access--oh, my. I've just read Metel's logs."
[20:19] * Valery purses her lips, nodding. "Do you know why they are attacking...?"
[20:19] <Yarrow> Turret: "It seems you've been having an issue with clones."
[20:19] <Xui-Fei> "just one so far that we've encountered"
[20:19] <Valery> "Ah... yes, one appeared yesterday."
[20:20] <Yarrow> Turret: "Nevertheless, if they can fool Metel's sensors, I'm not sure they can't fool mine. I will need to ask you security questions."
[20:20] <Ataru> (hah)
[20:20] <Yarrow> Turret: "Alaric: What was the name of your first pet?"
[20:21] * Valery nods. "That's understandable..."
[20:21] * Alaric-chan thinks it over for a moment.
[20:21] <Alaric-chan> "I do not remember.. I'm rather fuzzy on.. most events in the past."
[20:21] <Yarrow> Both turrets swivel to point at Alaric.
[20:21] <Alaric-chan> "I don't suppose you could ask me something slightly more recent?"
[20:21] * Alaric-chan gets very, very still.
[20:21] <Ataru> (It was Pol Pot, wasn't it?)
[20:21] <Alaric-chan> (no ;p )
[20:22] * Alaric-chan thinks really, really hard!
[20:22] <Yarrow> Turret: "Oh, dear. That was not an encouraging answer."
[20:22] * Valery winces.
[20:22] <DCG> (I like how none of them question some goverment turrent knowing this about them :P )
[20:23] <Alaric-chan> (we're newbs at this)
[20:23] * Sailor_Phobos massages her forehead.
[20:23] <Alaric-chan> (It certainly wouldn't occur to Alaric that this is meant to gather information about them so HQ can be stormed)
[20:23] <Yarrow> Turret: "Very well. Who was your first superior once when you became a doctor? I warn you that failure to answer this question will have dire results."
[20:24] <Yarrow> -once
[20:24] * Alaric-chan immediately answers correctly!
[20:24] <Alaric-chan> (assuming I'm capable)
[20:25] <Yarrow> Turret: "Xui-Fei: What is your sensei's favorite dish?"
[20:25] <DCG> (everything?)
[20:25] <Yarrow> Alaric's continued existance implies he answered correctly.
[20:25] <Valery> ("Food.")
[20:26] * Xui-Fei smirks, "that's easy Beef Ramen"
[20:27] <Yarrow> Turret: "Correct. Valery, what is your most embarrassing moment?"
[20:27] <Sailor_Phobos> (When she forgot a password)
[20:28] * Valery opens her mouth, holding up a finger. "Er... would the TV count...? Or the, um, storage shack at Jake and Chance's place...? Or wait, would that be when I was looking at that old last-millenium computer core...? Um..."
[20:28] * Valery blushes.
[20:28] * Xui-Fei blinks
[20:29] <Yarrow> Turret: "Just describe what you consider the most embarrassing.<
[20:29] <DCG> (now im curius what happened in the shack)
[20:30] <Valery> (Blew up :P )
[20:30] <Valery> (Or rather: MANY holes.)
[20:30] <Yarrow> There's a burst of light as another unwary droid is blasted. Alaric can't help noticing that one of the turrets remains focused on him, however. (Or would that be her?)
[20:30] * Valery looks down at the ground, and clears her throat. "Um... I guess... I dug out an old computer core, and I was looking at it, it turned out to be more or less filled with someone's old pornography..."
[20:30] <Yarrow> Turret: "Oh? And what did you do?"
[20:31] <Valery> "I..." She reddens further. "I was curious, so I browsed through the rest..."
[20:32] <Xui-Fei> (odds Val looked threw Venus's porn stash?)
[20:32] <DCG> (pervert turrent?)
[20:32] <Alaric-chan> "While someone else watched, apparently."
[20:32] <Valery> (For the audience: This was Val's sex ed.)
[20:32] <Yarrow> Turret: "Oh, my. Did anyone walk in on you?"
[20:32] <DCG> (rofl)
[20:32] <Ataru> (he must have some odd ideas about sex now)
[20:33] <Valery> "Er... I didn't think so, though if it's on your records..."
[20:33] <Yarrow> The turret laughs. "Oh, it's not! It was very amusing to hear about, though. And now for your security question..."
[20:34] <DCG> (pfft)
[20:34] * Alaric-chan is now known as Alaric
[20:34] * Valery gapes.
[20:34] * Xui-Fei blinks
[20:34] <Valery> "You... what?"
[20:34] <Yarrow> The turret asks Valery how he acquired some of Metel's components.
[20:34] <Valery> (Turret: "Owned.")
[20:34] <Ataru> (... that's fucked)
[20:34] <Xui-Fei> (indeed)
[20:34] * Valery will probably be sputtering for a while.
[20:35] <Sailor_Phobos> "I don't think 'killer comedy' was supposed to have such a literal definition"
[20:35] <Yarrow> Does Valery manage to sputter out an answer to his security question?
[20:36] <Valery> (It's in there, yes :P )
[20:36] <Yarrow> Turret: "Thank you. Koizumi, what was the first piece you played publicly?"
[20:37] <Alaric> "Oh! I *KNEW* I knew that name from somewhere!"
[20:38] <Sailor_Phobos> "Mozart's {Some fancy piece of music} it's my personal favorite. Although I was so scared I messed up lines in the first movement, and tuned my violin slightly offkey."
[20:38] * Xui-Fei blinks, "you know of her?"
[20:39] <Alaric> "Well.. I was aware of her, given my tastes run to classical.."
[20:39] <Yarrow> Turret: "Correct. And with such detail, I don't even have to throw in the trick question. You are all cleared to access the restricted floors. You will have to leave your Emergency Services Computer behind, however, Xui-Fei."
[20:39] * Alaric faces Phobos.
[20:40] * Xui-Fei blinks, "I understand though I do want it back"
[20:40] * Valery is still red-faced, but bows. "... Thank you..."
[20:40] * Sailor_Phobos turns toward Alaric. "Nice to meet...such a...kind fan?"
[20:41] <Ataru> (Man, I'm gonna be really bummed if everyone gets an upgrade but toast ;_;)
[20:41] <Ataru> (bring something back for him guys!)
[20:41] <Valery> (/me pats the Toasty.)
[20:41] <Alaric> "I don't know your work that well, I'm afraid.."
[20:41] <Alaric> upbeat, "But I have enjoyed what I've heard."
[20:41] <Yarrow> Turret: "Of course. I must warn you that I do not have access to the restricted floors and they run on separate systems which I believe may have been damaged. There are also some very dangerous things in there."
[20:41] <Alaric> "..perhaps we should head onward, so as not to remain viable targets of attack?"
[20:41] * Sailor_Phobos smiles. "Good. You're to nice to be an ossesive fan. And thanks"
[20:41] <Alaric> "We should be safe...er?"
[20:41] * Alaric loses some enthusiasm at the end.
[20:42] <Yarrow> Turret: "I have been able to determine from Metel's logs that the AI upgrade you seek should be on the 28th floor."
[20:42] * Xui-Fei takes off his ESC to the turrent, "any place for me to store this or can I put it in my inventory?"
[20:42] * Valery nods. "Okay... thank you. Will the elevator ahead work to get us there, or will we need to find another system?"
[20:42] <Sailor_Phobos> "Oh yeah...but we should really get what we came for, and leave. Although it was nice talking to you...uh...Turret-san?"
[20:42] <Yarrow> Turret: "Just leave it by the elevator."
[20:42] * Xui-Fei nods setting it down by the elevator
[20:43] <Alaric> "Why does Xui-Fei hav eto leave it behind?"
[20:43] <Yarrow> Turret: "Actually, I am an AI currently operating these turrets."
[20:44] <Yarrow> Turret: "The research in the restricted area focused on Artificial Intelligence. As such, it is forbidden to bring any computers into it."
[20:44] * Alaric shrugs... sounds reasonable enough to him.
[20:44] * Alaric heads onward.
[20:44] * Xui-Fei steps into the elevator feeling a bit not as equiped at before
[20:45] * Sailor_Phobos shrugs as she follows. "Then, nice meeting you AI-san"
[20:45] <Yarrow> Turret: "Good luck. I hope to see you again soon."
[20:45] <Yarrow> Turret, slightly testy: "I have a name, actually."
[20:45] * Valery bows again to the guns. "If you'd like to tell us, I'd be happy to call you by it."
[20:45] <Ataru> (It's Mica. *BLAM BLAM BLAM*)
[20:46] <Yarrow> Turret: "I'm Amac."
[20:46] <Ataru> (And I'm Apc)
[20:46] * Valery bows once more. "Thank you, Amac-san." Then she heads down the hall.
[20:47] * Sailor_Phobos nods once and follows with.
[20:47] <Yarrow> You all enter the elevator and push the button for the 28th floor. As the doors close, you hear some more energy fire before the doors cut it off.
[20:48] <Yarrow> Let's take a 5 minute break while the next level loads. 10 if you want it.
[20:48] <Valery> (Roger-oh)
[20:48] <Alaric> (alright)
[20:48] <Ataru> the elvator ride should take 12 hours >_>
[20:48] * Valery is, btw, STILL blushing.
[20:48] * Alaric is too gentlemanly to comment any further than he already has.
[20:48] <Xui-Fei> (I still say you saw Venus's old porn stach)
[20:48] <Ataru> she had a porn 'stache?
[20:49] <Xui-Fei> (Stash)
[20:49] <Ataru> like, a 70s porn 'stache?
[20:49] <Valery> (Well... it was SOMEONE from the 20th/21st century. I just made that up on the fly, so I have no idea whose porn it was.)
[20:49] <Xui-Fei> (Wolf: considering the top perverts of the Senshi were Venus and Uranus)
[20:50] <Valery> (It's not like the senshi are the only people in the universe with porn...)
[20:52] <Xui-Fei> (true I'm just saying of the surivors I bet one of them would be the first to try and keep there porn with them)
[20:52] <Xui-Fei> (cause remember the rest of the pop was Minionized for our protection)
[20:52] <Alaric> muttering, "..in Serenity's name is a 'rogue planet'?"
[20:52] <Yarrow> It wouldn't be a senshi's porn stash. They kept those.
[20:53] <Xui-Fei> (good point)
[20:53] <Valery> (Yeah, but it WAS a really old hard drive. Could've been pre-purification :P )
[20:53] <Yarrow> Ok, we ready to pick up again?
[20:54] <Valery> (Jawohl!)
[20:54] <Xui-Fei> (I'm here)
[20:55] <Alaric> (ready)
[20:55] <Yarrow> The doors open to a tiled hallway. The lights are dim.
[20:55] * Xui-Fei steps out first
[20:56] * Valery blinks, and pauses, holding a hand to stop Xui.
[20:56] * Xui-Fei blinks
[20:56] <Valery> "Um... Koizumi-san, could you do that sound thing first...? It's PROBABLY clear, but I don't want to get stabbed again..."
[20:56] <Yarrow> It extends about 10 meters before ending in a T intersection. There are no rooms off this first hallway.
[20:59] * Sailor_Phobos nods. "I am right now"
[20:59] <Valery> "Okay... and it's safe...?"
[21:00] <Sailor_Phobos> "I don't sense anything out of ordinary, but I can't see through solid objects, just like your eyes can't."
[21:00] * Valery nods, and lets Xui go. "Okay... then let's go."
[21:01] * Alaric follows cautiously.
[21:02] * Sailor_Phobos mutters. "And don't get me started on windows...glass is evil"
[21:02] * Xui-Fei nods heads out slowly
[21:03] <Yarrow> You head out to the intersection (with sports a sign reminding you not to bring ANY computers onto this floor).
[21:03] * Valery nodnods. "Pure evil."
[21:03] <Alaric> "..."
[21:03] <Alaric> "Why do we have something like this?"
[21:04] * Alaric keeps going.. he isn't stopping to chat.
[21:04] <Alaric> "And, why do we need an AI upgrade?"
[21:04] <Alaric> "I am fairly certain none of us are AIs."
[21:04] <Yarrow> The hall goes left and right. Each side then turns away from the the elevator. Which way do you want to go?
[21:05] * Sailor_Phobos shrugs as she goes along, still in senshi-gear, no desire to return to blindness right this moment.
[21:05] * Valery shrugs. "I don't know... but the AD system thought that we needed to be here... maybe there's something important?"
[21:05] * Valery clicks her tongue, looking for any signs indicating which way we might want to go.
[21:06] <Alaric> "nnnn.."
[21:06] <Yarrow> Nothing stands out.
[21:06] * Alaric doesn't sound terribly convinced; his tail flutters a bit.
[21:07] * Valery sighs, and just starts down the right corridor. "May as well take one of these first, if it's wrong we can come back..."
[21:07] <Alaric> "I.. guess."
[21:07] <Alaric> (no signs?"
[21:07] <Alaric> (or arrows on the floor?)
[21:07] <Alaric> (or blinking lights on one end?)
[21:08] <Valery> "I admit I'm not really sure myself at the moment... but since we've already put in all the effort to get this far, we may as well finish..."
[21:08] <Xui-Fei> "so left or right
[21:08] <Yarrow> You follow it and round the corner. Ahead on the right is a closed door with a plaque reading 2801 next to it.
[21:08] <Valery> (We're going right :P )
[21:08] * Sailor_Phobos glances one way and then the other, listening close to the ultra-sonic pulse.
[21:08] <Yarrow> The hallway also continues on.
[21:09] * Valery cocks her head, and walks down the hallway - looking for a more central location that'll tell where we're supposed to go, rather than risking damaging whatever's in the existing rooms.
[21:10] <Alaric> (do we recognize that as a date?)
[21:10] <Alaric> (or is another date system in use?)
[21:11] <Yarrow> After about 15 meters, room 2803 is on the left and the corridor keeps going a bit further before ending in a T intersection.
[21:11] <Alaric> (.. then we remember it's the 28th floor)
[21:12] <Ataru> (2803, kind of like 1408...)
[21:12] <Xui-Fei> "I feel like a lab rat running a maze"
[21:12] <Xui-Fei> (Dispte all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage!)
[21:13] * Sailor_Phobos remains quiet on that front.
[21:14] * Valery sighs, and goes back to 2803, checking the door.
[21:14] <Alaric> "Think we should investigate some of these.. yeah."
[21:14] <Alaric> "IF what we need is on this floor.."
[21:14] <Yarrow> The door looks sturdy.
[21:14] <Yarrow> There is no window in it.
[21:15] <Xui-Fei> "is it locked?"
[21:15] * Valery tries the handle/knob, presuming there is one.
[21:15] <Yarrow> The handle turns easily.
[21:16] * Alaric gulps.
[21:16] * Valery opens the door and peeks into the room.
[21:16] <Yarrow> The room contains some counters with various pieces of equipment on them and a row of cabinets against the walls.
[21:17] * Valery purses her lips. "I guess not here..."
[21:18] * Alaric walks into the room slowly, peering at the items on the counters.
[21:18] * Valery checks out the equipment anyway - does it look like anything we'd find a use for?
[21:19] <Yarrow> They're highly specialized but you have no idea what they're for.
[21:19] * Alaric looks at the cabinets -- labels?
[21:19] <Yarrow> Well, that thing over there looks like an artificial forearm.
[21:19] * Sailor_Phobos stands off to the side, seeking out any interesting surface reflections.
[21:19] <Yarrow> The exteriors of the cabinets are not labelled.
[21:20] * Valery whistles, and walks up to peer at the equipment. "Some of this stuff is amazing..."
[21:20] * Alaric tries one of the cabinets, at random.
[21:21] <Yarrow> Alaric opens a cabinet and finds eyeballs staring out at him. After a moment, he realizes they're very convincing artificial eyes in individual transparent cases.
[21:21] * Alaric takes a deep breath.
[21:21] <Alaric> "I wonder.. prosthetics?"
[21:21] <Alaric> (do we have prosthetic eyes normally available?)
[21:22] <Ataru> (Is Roy Beatty gonna show up?)
[21:22] * Xui-Fei looks around seeing if there's any map here for this floor
[21:22] <Yarrow> It looks like they have electronic connectors.
[21:22] * Valery purses her lips. "Either that, or completely artificial... this is an AI center, after all... do you think you could use these to help any of the people back at HQ, though?"
[21:22] <Yarrow> Normally, body parts that have been damaged or removed can be regenerated.
[21:22] <Ataru> (*err Batty)
[21:22] <Yarrow> In fact, Koizumi is the only blind person you've ever encountered or heard of.
[21:23] <Xui-Fei> "robots?"
[21:25] * Valery walks over to take a look at the eyes. "The fine detail work on these is... incredible..."
[21:25] <Alaric> "Bizarre.. but, I suppose so. Nobody else would need them."
[21:25] * Alaric looks over at Koizumi.
[21:25] <Alaric> "Well.."
[21:26] <Alaric> ("Say, Koi.. how do you feel about surgery? You know, very, very experimental surgery.")
[21:26] <Yarrow> You'd have no idea how to even go about hooking these up to her brain.
[21:26] * Alaric checks the cabinets one by one.
[21:26] <Alaric> (*nod*)
[21:26] <Alaric> (he's more at GP level than neurosurgeon ;p )
[21:26] * Xui-Fei blinks, "wait didn't Amac say he was made by Lady Mercury?"
[21:26] <Alaric> distracted, "I believe so, yes."
[21:26] * Sailor_Phobos doesn't bother to make a reply, just crossing her arms and being quiet.
[21:27] <Xui-Fei> "so this is a possiblity this is one of her labs"
[21:27] <Alaric> (this is all a false prophecy schstick.. this is really an upgrade for nemesis)
[21:27] <Valery> "Well... probably..."
[21:27] <Yarrow> You find other small artificial body parts. Hands, ears, and the like. There are also electronic components, but you don't know what they're for.
[21:27] <Alaric> "I'm tempted to take some, but I don't know that I will ever have the expertise to make use of these.. Valery?"
[21:28] <Yarrow> You're not even sure they can be attached to living bodies.
[21:28] <Alaric> (*nod*)
[21:28] * Valery purses her lips. "I might be able to figure them out..."
[21:28] <Alaric> "..or if such a thing is even possible."
[21:28] <Xui-Fei> "we might get some answers if we can find the main computer for this place"
[21:28] * Alaric looks over at Xui-Fei.
[21:28] <Yarrow> (Go on! Thrill DCG and stick some synthetic breasts on Metel!)
[21:28] <Alaric> "True.. perhaps we should search other rooms, as this one seems to be parts."
[21:29] <DCG> (i must say, im down right insulted)
[21:29] <Alaric> (Yeah, this room is nowhere near large enough to house breasts appropriate for Metel)
[21:29] <Yarrow> (Well, I'm glad I got it down right. :) )
[21:29] <Xui-Fei> (especally for DCG level impressive boobs)
[21:29] * Valery nods, picking up one of the eyeballs and peering at it in its case. "What were they making...?"
[21:30] <Xui-Fei> "that's the million credit question at the moment"
[21:30] <Alaric> "...the droids that are outside?"
[21:30] * Valery purses her lips. "It's... possible..."
[21:31] <Sailor_Phobos> "Probably isn't good"
[21:31] <Yarrow> Ah, someone thought of it. The parts do not fit in with the look of the droids you've encountered.
[21:31] <Alaric> ("It's not so much an invasion as a very violent coup d'etat")
[21:31] <Valery> "The parts don't look the same, but they could be newer or older models..."
[21:31] <Xui-Fei> "or they could be trying to make more disguised models"
[21:31] <Alaric> "..in any case, next room?"
[21:31] * Xui-Fei nods in agreement
[21:32] * Alaric gives the room another once-over, looking for any areas left unopened or unexplored.
[21:32] * Valery nods to herself. "We should probably take what we can... if the droids get in here, they might be able to get some benefit from all the technology sitting around..."
Last edited by Alathon on Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Last week, I tried praying. But I found I was only talking to myself. Don't worry, I learned my lesson last time. This time, no disciples!" - N. Reynolds, To Tell a Hawk from a Handsaw
Alathon
User avatar
Chibi Sailor Senshi
Posts: 322
 

Re: Once again! DCG- Crystal Tokyo BESM game. Survival-Horror

Postby Alathon » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:52 am

Session 5 - part 2

[21:32] <Yarrow> You head out of the room after glancing around and head to 2803.
[21:32] <Yarrow> This door is also closed and unlocked.
[21:33] <Ataru> (it's 13! don't go in there!)
[21:33] <Ataru> (just look what it did to John Cusak)
[21:33] <Yarrow> (Wasn't that Jim Carrey?)
[21:34] <Ataru> (no)
[21:34] <Xui-Fei> (no it was Cusak, and Samuel L Jackson)
[21:34] * Alaric is somewhat more at-ease now, and opens the door.
[21:34] * Valery probably gets kinda dragged to 2803 by the rest.
[21:34] <Ataru> (that was The Number 23)
[21:34] <Alaric> (presumably Valery took some stuff with her ;p )
[21:34] <Yarrow> (Ah, right.)
[21:34] * Xui-Fei opens 2803
[21:34] * Neko_Arc (~ExUser@cpe-76-83-49-149.socal.res.rr.com) has joined #cte
[21:34] <Valery> (Inventory space: Dead useful.)
[21:36] <Yarrow> There's a brief scuffle at the door before it's opened. The room inside contains some unidentified equipment and, on either side of the room, an inert body standing in a waist-high square frame.
[21:36] * Xui-Fei blinks
[21:36] <Xui-Fei> "the hell?"
[21:36] * Alaric peers.
[21:36] <Ataru> (it's toast's power armor)
[21:37] * Valery blinks at the bodies. "Are those... more robots?"
[21:37] <Sailor_Phobos> "Well, this certainly feels unusual"
[21:37] * Valery walks up to take a look.
[21:37] <Alaric> "Um.. is there an AI present?"
[21:37] * Alaric gets the bright idea to just ask ;p
[21:38] <Alaric> "An AI upgrade perhaps?"
[21:38] * Alaric looks around hopefully.
[21:39] <Yarrow> The one on the left is caucasion, very well built, has brown hair and is wearing jeans, a leather jacket, and sunglasses. The one of the right is dark skinned, bulky, has black curly hair, is wearing slacks and a dress shirt and sunglasses.
[21:39] <Yarrow> Val - which one do you walk up to?
[21:39] <Valery> (One on the left, I guess?)
[21:41] <Yarrow> As you walk up, you decide that the frame it's standing in usually has power running through it and probably creates some sort of field. Just as you come to the conclusion it'd be a containment field, the man bursts out of the frame and throws a punch at you.
[21:41] <Ataru> (... The Turks?)
[21:41] <Ataru> (seriously?)
[21:41] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+10
[21:41] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+10 --> [ 2d6=10 ]{20}
[21:41] <Xui-Fei> (oh fuck)
[21:41] <Ataru> (if you took out the hair, it'd be damn close)
[21:42] <Yarrow> Evade, Val.
[21:42] <Valery> roll 2d6+4
[21:42] <McDice> Valery rolled : 2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=7 ]{11}
[21:42] * Valery gasps and brings her arms up by reflex. "Gah!"
[21:42] <Xui-Fei> (which turks, cause that aint the arragent one)
[21:42] <Alaric> (my money says it's early model Ahnold.)
[21:43] * Sailor_Phobos recoils. "Kill it! Or something!"
[21:43] <Yarrow> His fist slams into you with great force for 20 damage.
[21:43] * Alaric tries draining it.
[21:43] <Alaric> roll 2d6+4 drain (undetectable)
[21:43] <McDice> Alaric rolled : 2d6+4 drain (undetectable) --> [ 2d6=7 ]{11}
[21:43] <Yarrow> init
[21:43] <Alaric> roll 2d6+10 init
[21:43] <McDice> Alaric rolled : 2d6+10 init --> [ 2d6=10 ]{20}
[21:44] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+4
[21:44] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=11 ]{15}
[21:44] <Sailor_Phobos> roll 2d6+5
[21:44] <McDice> Sailor_Phobos rolled : 2d6+5 --> [ 2d6=6 ]{11}
[21:44] <Valery> roll 2d6+4
[21:44] <Xui-Fei> roll 2d6+4
[21:44] <McDice> Valery rolled : 2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=4 ]{8}
[21:44] <McDice> Xui-Fei rolled : 2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=9 ]{13}
[21:44] <Ataru> (Is the AI upgrade named Skynet, SHODAN, or DURANDAL by any chance?)
[21:44] * Valery goes flying back against the wall, gasping.
[21:44] <Valery> (15/35)
[21:44] * Yarrow changes topic to 'Alaric, ??, Phobos, XF, Val'
[21:45] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+8
[21:45] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+8 --> [ 2d6=6 ]{14}
[21:45] * Alaric backs away, making space for Xui-Fei, and attempts to drain..
[21:45] <Valery> (Good thing you get the +3 for undetectable, Alar.)
[21:45] <Alaric> (yeah)
[21:46] <Yarrow> Alaric's attack connects, and it feels like he kind of gets something, but nothing substantial. Part of the skin on the man's face does shrivel a bit and flake away, however, revealing metal beneath.
[21:46] * Xui-Fei takes a stance, "hey you junk pile how about fighting with me"
[21:47] * Valery is kinda coughing up blood on the floor, at the moment.
[21:47] <Yarrow> The man steps forward and takes a swing at Valery.
[21:47] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+10
[21:47] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+10 --> [ 2d6=4 ]{14}
[21:48] <Yarrow> The man, who looks kind of like a bodybuilder, demands in a strangely accented voice, "Where is it?"
[21:49] <Ataru> (hah, Arnie, huh)
[21:49] <Alaric> ("It's up yer butt, hee hee!")
[21:49] <Valery> roll 2d6+4
[21:49] <McDice> Valery rolled : 2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=5 ]{9}
[21:49] <Valery> "Where's what?!"
[21:50] <Alaric> ("Your spleen. Oh, it iz right here.")
[21:50] <Yarrow> Valery tries to answer with a question and gets slammed across the room where he transforms while bouncing across the floor.
[21:51] * Valery is now known as Sophia
[21:51] <Sophia> "I can't answer if you keep hitting me!"
[21:51] <Yarrow> Phobos is up.
[21:51] <Sailor_Phobos> "Kusunagi!"
[21:51] <Ataru> ("Is it safe? Is it safe?" "WHAT? IS WHAT SAFE?")
[21:52] <Xui-Fei> "hey Tin Can mess with me..." he say with a cocky smirk
[21:52] * Sailor_Phobos summons forth her sword and shield. "Get behind me! I'll protect you!"
[21:52] <Sophia> "I'll do that once I can stand..."
[21:52] <Yarrow> Xui-Fei is up.
[21:52] * Sophia is wavering and trying to push herself to her feet.
[21:53] * Xui-Fei rushes the bulking brute, "Kashu Tenshin Amuriken!"
[21:53] <Xui-Fei> roll 2d6+8
[21:53] <McDice> Xui-Fei rolled : 2d6+8 --> [ 2d6=8 ]{16}
[21:53] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+8-1
[21:53] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+8-1 --> [ 2d6=6 ]{13}
[21:53] <Xui-Fei> (1 hit so 28 total)
[21:54] <Alaric> (isn't that 2? 0 to +2 is one hit, +3 to +5 is 2.. etc?)
[21:54] <Sophia> (Er... I didn't get slammed close enough to the one on the right to activate it, did I?)
[21:54] <Sophia> (Just occurred to me, since he's throwing me around the room...)
[21:55] <Yarrow> If we were going by tie goes to the defenter, it'd be +2. I'd rather not make the tie goes to PC ruling more powerful than it is, so I'l go with 1 hit.
[21:55] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+4
[21:55] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=12 ]{16}
[21:55] <Sophia> (It did, didn't it?)
[21:55] * Yarrow changes topic to 'Alaric, T-101OJ, T-101A, Phobos, XF, Val'
[21:56] <Sophia> (Sorry guys. ^^; )
[21:56] <Alaric> (rofl)
[21:56] <Yarrow> It seems to be armored somewhat, but a good amount of your blow gets through, Xui-Fei.
[21:56] <Alaric> (look on the bright side, we get to kill OJ)
[21:56] <Ataru> (/me puts on the Terminator theme)
[21:56] <Sophia> (Either that, or he's gonna help us :P )
[21:56] <Ataru> (ahaha)
[21:56] <Ataru> (Yeah)
[21:57] <Yarrow> The other man starts to break out of its frame but doesn't get to act this round.
[21:57] <Ataru> (does he have a knife and gloves Yarrow?)
[21:57] <Yarrow> ("OJ will save us!")
[21:57] <Yarrow> (Yes, but the gloves look a bit small... no, he does not.)
[21:57] <Alaric> (oh shit, my senshi form is blonde ;p )
[21:57] <Ataru> (lol)
[21:57] <Yarrow> Sophia is up.
[21:57] <Ataru> (quick, where's Kato?)
[21:57] <Sophia> (Hm? That one flew right over my head)
[21:58] <Alaric> (his wife, that he murdered, was blonde.. I think)
[21:58] * Sophia finally rolls up to her feet, raising her rifle, and sighting in on Arnold. Has he showed any inclination to stop hitting and elaborate on what 'it' is, or should I just shoot him?
[21:58] <Xui-Fei> (that and he had a lazy bum as a renter)
[21:59] <Yarrow> He seems to be of the school of hit first, then ask while continuing to hit.
[21:59] * Sophia will let him ask while getting shot at then.
[21:59] <Sophia> roll 2d6+7
[22:00] <McDice> Sophia rolled : 2d6+7 --> [ 2d6=8 ]{15}
[22:00] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+8-3
[22:00] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+8-3 --> [ 2d6=6 ]{11}
[22:00] <Sophia> (One hit, two?)
[22:00] <Yarrow> 2 hits.
[22:00] <Sophia> (27 per hit)
[22:01] * Sophia lowers her hand from the front of the stock for a moment, fiddling with what look like threads of blue light, and then whips them around herself, where they...
[22:01] <Sophia> roll 2d6+7
[22:01] <McDice> Sophia rolled : 2d6+7 --> [ 2d6=6 ]{13}
[22:01] <Sophia> Snap into a solid blue bubble.
[22:01] <Sophia> (Force Field up)
[22:01] <Yarrow> He's rocked back by the shots and two holes appear on his chest. As you watch, the holes heal up.
[22:01] <Sophia> "That... worked?"
[22:01] <Yarrow> Top of the order.
[22:02] <Alaric> "You've got to be kidding me!"
[22:02] <Yarrow> The second figure is now free of its framework.
[22:02] <Alaric> "Nietzsche.. Nihilist Power.. Make-up!"
[22:02] <Xui-Fei> "joy..."
[22:02] * Alaric is now known as Sailor_Nietzsche
[22:02] * Xui-Fei reaches for his pen as well, "Mjollnir Star Power MAKE UP!"
[22:02] * Xui-Fei is now known as Sailor_Mjollnir
[22:02] * Sailor_Nietzsche gets between the second thing and Valery, but not too close to either.
[22:02] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (done)
[22:03] * Yarrow changes topic to 'Niet, T-101OJ, T-101A, Phobos, Mjoll, Val, Niet, Mjoll'
[22:04] <Yarrow> The second one ignores Sophia and quickly moves to the back of the room where he picks up a large shotgun from a rack that no one had gotten around to noticing.
[22:04] * Sailor_Mjollnir blinks
[22:04] <Yarrow> He picks it up and aims at Sophia. "Good night."
[22:04] <Yarrow> He pulls the trigger. *Click*
[22:04] <Sailor_Mjollnir> (empty?)
[22:04] <Yarrow> Apparently, no one was stupid enough to leave *loaded* weaponry in the room with them.
[22:05] <Sailor_Mjollnir> (thank someone for small favors)
[22:05] <Yarrow> The other one tries to pummel Mjollnir.
[22:05] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+10
[22:05] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+10 --> [ 2d6=7 ]{17}
[22:05] * Sophia holds up a finger, tsking. "No, no, no. Like this." She grabs the front grip again, and takes aim.
[22:06] * Yarrow changes topic to 'Niet, T-101OJ, T-101A, Phobos, Mjoll, Sophia, Niet, Mjoll'
[22:06] <Sailor_Mjollnir> roll 2d6+8 melee
[22:06] <McDice> Sailor_Mjollnir rolled : 2d6+8 melee --> [ 2d6=11 ]{19}
[22:06] <Yarrow> Mjollnir dances out of the way and it's Phobos's turn.
[22:06] * Sailor_Phobos moves for the one not tied up with Mjoll (no obstructions?)
[22:07] <Yarrow> It's clear.
[22:07] <Sailor_Phobos> roll 2d6+8
[22:07] <McDice> Sailor_Phobos rolled : 2d6+8 --> [ 2d6=9 ]{17}
[22:07] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+8
[22:07] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+8 --> [ 2d6=4 ]{12}
[22:08] <Yarrow> The sword cuts deeply into it. It doesn't react.
[22:08] <Yarrow> Sophia is up.
[22:08] * Sailor_Phobos quickly resumes a defensive posture and waits to react.
[22:09] <Yarrow> Top of the order.
[22:09] <Yarrow> Both of them heal up considerably.
[22:09] <Yarrow> Nietz is up.
[22:09] <Sophia> (Er... myah?)
[22:10] <Yarrow> XF & Alaric transformed last round.
[22:10] <Sophia> (Ah, I see.)
[22:10] * Sailor_Nietzsche promptly unloads a silver-golden disk at the second cyborg/droid/monster.
[22:10] <Sailor_Nietzsche> roll 2d6+9
[22:10] <McDice> Sailor_Nietzsche rolled : 2d6+9 --> [ 2d6=4 ]{13}
[22:11] <Sailor_Nietzsche> DR
[22:11] <Sailor_Nietzsche> roll 2d6+9
[22:11] <McDice> Sailor_Nietzsche rolled : 2d6+9 --> [ 2d6=8 ]{17}
[22:11] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (there we go.. even though I bet it still whiffs ;p )
[22:11] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+8
[22:11] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+8 --> [ 2d6=4 ]{12}
[22:11] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (... irony)
[22:11] * Sailor_Nietzsche grins, showing off her pearly whites.
[22:11] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (done)
[22:12] <Yarrow> The disc is partially deflected by a metal framework that's revealed as it slices into his side.
[22:12] * Sailor_Nietzsche looks a little less confident after seeing that part.
[22:13] <Ataru> (if only Toast was here, he could stick a pipe bomb in his ribs)
[22:13] <Sailor_Mjollnir> (I'm gonna fry some circuts here shortly)
[22:13] <Yarrow> The second one--has a build kind of like a football player, now that you think of it--swings its shotgun at Phobos.
[22:14] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+10
[22:14] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+10 --> [ 2d6=9 ]{19}
[22:14] <Sailor_Phobos> roll 2d6+9
[22:14] <McDice> Sailor_Phobos rolled : 2d6+9 --> [ 2d6=6 ]{15}
[22:14] <Yarrow> It slams into her arm. (20 before armor)
[22:15] <Sailor_Phobos> 12 after armor)
[22:16] <Yarrow> The other tries to smash Mjollnir.
[22:16] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+10
[22:16] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+10 --> [ 2d6=11 ]{21}
[22:16] <Sailor_Mjollnir> roll 2d6+8
[22:16] <McDice> Sailor_Mjollnir rolled : 2d6+8 --> [ 2d6=9 ]{17}
[22:16] * Sailor_Phobos grunts from the impact but fights through the pain. "Stuff it, you walking battery cable."
[22:16] <Sailor_Mjollnir> yeah this is gonna hit
[22:16] <Sophia> (There is a god, somewhere. And he loves Ahnold.)
[22:16] <Yarrow> Another 20 before armor.
[22:16] <Sailor_Mjollnir> (thank god I can negate half of it)
[22:16] <Sailor_Mjollnir> (so 10 total)
[22:17] <Sailor_Mjollnir> (where my senshi form was hp wise or is back to full?)
[22:17] <Yarrow> 50/80
[22:17] <Yarrow> Healing magic/devices, regen while in senshi form, or a night's rest will heal your senshi form.
[22:18] <Sailor_Mjollnir> (ok so 40/80 if that was the current I was at)
[22:18] <Yarrow> 50 after that last attack.
[22:18] <Sailor_Mjollnir> (ok then 50/80)
[22:18] <Sophia> roll 2d6+8
[22:18] * Sailor_Mjollnir looks up with a smirk, "was that suposed to hurt....I know pork chops that can do more damage than you"
[22:18] <McDice> Sophia rolled : 2d6+8 --> [ 2d6=5 ]{13}
[22:18] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+4
[22:18] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=7 ]{11}
[22:19] <Sailor_Phobos> (somewhere, a certain piglet sneezes)
[22:19] <Sophia> roll 2d6+8-3
[22:19] <McDice> Sophia rolled : 2d6+8-3 --> [ 2d6=2 ]{7}
[22:19] <Sophia> (Fuck)
[22:19] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+4
[22:19] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=8 ]{12}
[22:20] <Sophia> (Double-fuck)
[22:20] <Yarrow> Niet is up again.
[22:20] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (are either of the flesh-droid-things slowing?)
[22:20] <Yarrow> Sorry, Mjollnir goes first.
[22:20] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (or showing obvious signs of mortality?)
[22:20] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (np)
[22:20] * Sophia seems to be aiming slightly, but not firing lest the melee-ers get hit, and focusing on something.
[22:20] <Yarrow> No, they seem relentless and unstoppable. :)
[22:20] * Sailor_Mjollnir looks up still smirking, "time to fry me some robot Raiken!"
[22:21] <Sailor_Mjollnir> roll 2d6+8
[22:21] <McDice> Sailor_Mjollnir rolled : 2d6+8 --> [ 2d6=11 ]{19}
[22:21] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+8-1
[22:21] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+8-1 --> [ 2d6=5 ]{12}
[22:21] <Sailor_Mjollnir> 43 damage electrical....)
[22:21] <Yarrow> It connects. The thing doesn't seem to have a particular weakness to electricity.
[22:22] * Sophia reaches out with her left hand, and taps the bubble around her - it widens out to a meter's radius. "Quick, get under and I can keep us safer!"
[22:22] <Yarrow> Now Niet is up.
[22:24] * Sailor_Nietzsche hurls another attack, this time targeting the more-often-attacked first one (ahnold).
[22:24] <Sailor_Nietzsche> roll 2d6+9
[22:24] <McDice> Sailor_Nietzsche rolled : 2d6+9 --> [ 2d6=8 ]{17}
[22:24] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (87/160 ep)
[22:24] * Sailor_Nietzsche backs into Sophia's forcefield after attacking.
[22:25] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+8-3
[22:25] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+8-3 --> [ 2d6=8 ]{13}
[22:25] <Yarrow> The thing spins around and starts to collapse.
[22:26] <Yarrow> Mjollnir's up again.
[22:26] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (... before it opens up a black case on it's left forearm, with five sets of little flashy red bars at odd angles... a few moments later it's only four sets..)
[22:27] * Sailor_Mjollnir tries one more attack before moving behind Sophia's forcefield
[22:27] <Sailor_Mjollnir> roll 2d6+8 raiken
[22:27] <McDice> Sailor_Mjollnir rolled : 2d6+8 raiken --> [ 2d6=8 ]{16}
[22:27] <Yarrow> On the one that's going down?
[22:27] <Sailor_Mjollnir> (yeah might as well finish it off)
[22:29] <Yarrow> The electrified blow smashes into it, causing it to spasm and smoke, its sunglasses going flying to reveal red eyes that slowly dim before it collapses.
[22:29] <Yarrow> Top of the order.
[22:29] <Sophia> "They... go down?"
[22:30] * Sailor_Nietzsche takes aim, and looses another spinning discus-blade at the remaining monstrosity.
[22:30] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "Soul Slicer@"
[22:30] <Sailor_Nietzsche> roll 2d6+9
[22:30] <McDice> Sailor_Nietzsche rolled : 2d6+9 --> [ 2d6=8 ]{17}
[22:30] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+8
[22:30] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+8 --> [ 2d6=7 ]{15}
[22:30] <Yarrow> The disc slices into it.
[22:31] <Yarrow> It responds by trying to club Phobos.
[22:31] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+10
[22:31] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+10 --> [ 2d6=9 ]{19}
[22:31] <Sailor_Phobos> roll 2d6+9
[22:31] <McDice> Sailor_Phobos rolled : 2d6+9 --> [ 2d6=8 ]{17}
[22:32] <Sailor_Phobos> (not my night)
[22:32] <Yarrow> Phobos gets slammed for another 20 damage. And now everyone gets to pile on poor OJ.
[22:32] <Sailor_Mjollnir> (I claim Arnie's Shades)
[22:32] <Sophia> (All of us rush, or go in order? :P )
[22:33] <Ataru> (someone should try this with Toast and the Mazer http://cgi.4chan.org/f/src/cat_gun.swf)
[22:33] <Yarrow> You can all rush.
[22:33] <Yarrow> Mjollnir gets to go twice.
[22:33] <Sophia> roll 2d6+8-3 Yarrow knows what this is
[22:33] <McDice> Sophia rolled : 2d6+8-3 Yarrow knows what this is --> [ 2d6=8 ]{13}
[22:33] * Sailor_Mjollnir slams it twice
[22:34] <Sailor_Mjollnir> roll 2#2d6+8 raiken
[22:34] <McDice> Sailor_Mjollnir rolled : 2#2d6+8 raiken --> [ 2d6=6 ]{14}, [ 2d6=7 ]{15}
[22:34] * Sailor_Nietzsche holds her attack, waiting to see the outcome of the first several attacks.
[22:34] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+4 vs Sophia
[22:34] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+4 vs Sophia --> [ 2d6=11 ]{15}
[22:34] <Sailor_Phobos> (that was such a cute anime)
[22:34] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+8-1 vs Mjollnir
[22:34] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+8-1 vs Mjollnir --> [ 2d6=4 ]{11}
[22:35] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+8-3 vs Mjollnir
[22:35] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+8-3 vs Mjollnir --> [ 2d6=8 ]{13}
[22:35] <Sailor_Mjollnir> (2 shots or 43)
[22:35] <Sophia> (Dammit. Well... at least I didn't get caught out. And I guess I used up its good rolls, too...)
[22:35] <Sailor_Phobos> roll 2d6+8
[22:35] <McDice> Sailor_Phobos rolled : 2d6+8 --> [ 2d6=9 ]{17}
[22:35] <Yarrow> Mjollnire smashes it down.
[22:36] <Sailor_Mjollnir> (Mjollnir....SMASH!)
[22:36] <Yarrow> It lies there unmoving.
[22:36] * Sailor_Mjollnir detransforms
[22:36] * Sailor_Mjollnir is now known as Xui-Fei
[22:36] <Ataru> (cool, now we can timeskip 12 hours, right guys? :D)
[22:36] <Yarrow> Phobos then impales it with her sword.
[22:36] * Xui-Fei then picks up the shades from the first one and puts them on
[22:36] <Yarrow> It smokes a bit.
[22:36] * Sailor_Nietzsche detransforms.. and heads over to the weaponrack none of us noticed earlier.
[22:37] * Sophia pants for breath, rubbing her side as the blue bubble retracts. "What... the heck... were they after...?"
[22:37] * Sailor_Phobos dismisses her weapon and shield when it's clean, and concentratres. Her arm quickly beginning to repair itself.
[22:37] * Sailor_Nietzsche examines the available weapons -- what've we got?
[22:37] <Xui-Fei> "no clue maybe some guy named John?"
[22:37] <Yarrow> Xui-Fei puts on the shades and looks pretty cool for about two seconds before the left lens develops a spiderweb of cracks and falls to pieces.
[22:37] * Xui-Fei blinks
[22:37] * Xui-Fei then removes the shades
[22:38] <Yarrow> The rack has another shotgun and a chain. There's no sign of ammo.
[22:38] * Sophia ... considers dropping the transformation, and then remembers the 'excellent' shape her main body is in, and changes her mind.
[22:39] <Yarrow> Those with regeneration heal up.
[22:40] * Sailor_Nietzsche pockets the shotgun, and keeps the chain to hand.
[22:40] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "Okay.. that was a bit more dangerous than loose eyeballs."
[22:40] * Sailor_Nietzsche is now known as Alaric-chan
[22:40] <Xui-Fei> "agreed"
[22:40] * Xui-Fei looks if there's any termial here
[22:40] * Alaric-chan looks a little uncomfortable, and adjusts herself.
[22:40] <Yarrow> No terminals.
[22:41] <Xui-Fei> (and please don't tell me Ami has Skynet confined to a secluded network in this buliding)
[22:41] * Alaric-chan then looks around the room -- what else is in here other than the busted cages, the rack, and the busted flesh-droids?
[22:41] * Sophia walks over to the terminators, and stretches. "I think we should take these along too... if Nemesis can upgrade all their droids to this standard, we'd be... in trouble."
[22:41] <Alaric-chan> "What the hell were these things, anyways.. flesh-covered droids..."
[22:41] <Yarrow> Nothing else of interest is in the room.
[22:42] <Yarrow> The interiors of your opponents look robotic, as opposed to the golem-like droids.
[22:43] * Sailor_Phobos sighs and gives her arm a couple slow flexes to work out the stiffness of healing the injury.
[22:43] * Xui-Fei looks for any indication on who bulit them
[22:43] * Sophia ducks down, examining them.
[22:44] <Alaric-chan> "It'll be a couple moments.. who needs medical attention?"
[22:44] <Yarrow> There aren't any labels or brands on them. Maybe some of the smaller components have manufacturers listed, but it'd take quite a bit of work to extract them.
[22:44] <Yarrow> Then again, what would you guys know about manufacturers?
[22:44] <Xui-Fei> (mostly to see if there's any identifble symbol)
[22:44] <Yarrow> What the people need, Crystal Tokyo provides.
[22:45] <Xui-Fei> (well if Mercury bulit them they should have her mark some where)
[22:45] <Yarrow> Mercury built a lot of things in CT.
[22:45] * Sophia shakes her head. "Not right now... my main body is a mess, though, I think..."
[22:45] <Sophia> "Not really looking forward to detransforming..."
[22:45] <Xui-Fei> "my main is in better shape than my senshi state actually"
[22:46] <Alaric-chan> to Sophia, "Maybe you' dbetter stay like this.."
[22:46] <Alaric-chan> "...I'm starting to understand what Dizzy meant, about not being able to keep going.. ever Soul Slicer takes a bit out of me.. but, the gun doesn't do that for you, right?"
[22:46] <Alaric-chan> *every
[22:47] * Sophia nods. "Yeah... I'll have to detransform sooner or later, but I think I should put it off until we're back home..."
[22:47] <Sophia> "And yeah... the gun works great."
[22:48] <Alaric-chan> "I don't suppose anyone has ammo for one of these things?"
[22:48] * Alaric-chan fishes the shotgun she looted out of her inventory and waves it around.
[22:48] * Sophia shakes her head. "There might be some back at headquarters, but..."
[22:49] <Sailor_Phobos> "We can hope"
[22:49] <Alaric-chan> "Two rooms.. one nasty fight... and we still haven't found our 'upgrade'."
[22:49] <Alaric-chan> "And the clock has to be ticking, with all those droids below us."
[22:49] * Alaric-chan pauses, and closes her eyes for a moment... (trying to will herself back to male form -- does it take?)
[22:50] <Yarrow> After a moment Alaric becomes his normal manly self.
[22:50] <Sophia> "I don't know... I think those cannons can probably hold it for a while... I'll keep this bubble around us when we go into new places, that should at least take the edge off of some fights..."
[22:51] * Sophia taps the blue glow around herself, swirling it around curiously. "Did not know I could do that..."
[22:51] * Alaric-chan is now known as Alaric
[22:51] <Alaric> "Good idea."
[22:51] <Alaric> "So.. are we all ready to move on?"
[22:51] * Sophia nods. "Yes..."
[22:52] * Alaric puts away his shotgun, keeping the chain handy.
[22:52] <Alaric> (the chain is like..a heavy ass chain you can beat someone to death with, right?)
[22:52] <Alaric> (not a light gauge chain?)
[22:52] <Yarrow> Fairly heavy, yes.
[22:53] <Alaric> (okay.. I guess that's Alaric's improvised weapon for now ;p)
[22:53] * Alaric gives the room one last look-over, before stepping outside.. and looking around for new threats.
[22:53] * Xui-Fei nods heading out looking for the next room to explore
[22:53] <Yarrow> The hallway is clear of threats.
[22:54] * Sailor_Phobos keeps her senses alert and tuned for danger.
[22:54] * Sophia steps out after them, looking around carefully.
[22:55] * Xui-Fei proceeds slowly
[22:55] <Yarrow> You head further down the hall. It turns left and then meets up with a hall that's probably the way you didn't go and also turns right, heading away from the elevator.
[22:56] <Yarrow> So, a very crude map would look like: E-[]---
[22:56] * Sophia turns right.
[22:56] * Alaric shrugs, and follows Sophia's lead.
[22:56] * Alaric stays kinda close.
[22:56] * Xui-Fei follows
[22:57] <Yarrow> You soon come to a door on your right labelled 2805.
[22:57] * Xui-Fei blinks, "who wants to head in this time"
[22:57] * Sophia waves a hand, and throws out the bubble to cover the group.
[22:58] * Sailor_Phobos hooks hair behind her ear, frowning.
[22:58] * Xui-Fei opens the door
[22:58] <Alaric> "Let's crack the door... oh."
[22:58] * Alaric peers in, with some trepidation.
[22:59] * Sophia peers in.
[23:01] <Alaric> (There's a beanbag chair on the floor, a TV, and several empty bowls with a brownish crust on them. Popcorn lies here and there.)
[23:01] <Yarrow> This room contains long tables. Some of the are covered with liquid-filled tanks, others with papers covered in scrawled notes, and still others with what seem to be crude mechanical spiders. There's also a lot of clutter on the floor.
[23:01] * Alaric peers at the tanks.. what do they seem to contain.. what sort of liquid, anything in the liquid, ?
[23:02] * Sophia blinks, walking over to take a look at the notes.
[23:02] * Alaric edges along behind Sophia.
[23:02] <Yarrow> The liquid is mostly clear and there seem to be some difficult to see transluscent ... things moving around in them.
[23:03] <Alaric> "let's steer clear of the aquariums.. I don't like the looks of what's living in them."
[23:03] * Alaric sniffs.
[23:03] <Alaric> (what does it smell like?)
[23:03] <Ataru> (at least it's not facehuggers)
[23:03] <Yarrow> There's a slight odor that's oddly sweet yet pungeant.
[23:03] <Alaric> (they're stealth-facehuggers)
[23:03] * Yarrow smiles sweetly.
[23:03] <Ataru> (glass facehuggers ;p)
[23:04] <Alaric> "..if you don't see anything of immediate value.. let's try a room that's a little less ominous.. alright?"
[23:04] <Yarrow> Sophia looks over the notes. The handwriting is horrible...
[23:04] <Xui-Fei> "I think I agree with you on this
[23:04] <Sophia> (Mind roll to decipher? :P )
[23:04] <Yarrow> roll 1d4
[23:04] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 1d4 --> [ 1d4=4 ]{4}
[23:04] <Alaric> (w00t)
[23:05] <Ataru> (four glass facehuggers burst from tubes!)
[23:05] * Sailor_Phobos simply takes note of conversation and the outline of the room.
[23:05] <Yarrow> (The tanks ARE the facehuggers!)
[23:07] <Yarrow> Sophia tries to make head or tail of the writings.
[23:07] * Xui-Fei blinks looking over Sophia's shoulders
[23:08] * Sophia looks strangely at them, and tries turning them upside-down, not quite sure which way up they're supposed to be. "This has to have been a doctor..."
[23:08] <Alaric> doubtfully, "I could have a look.."
[23:09] * Sophia passes them to him. "Anyway... it's probably not what we're looking for, maybe we can translate later..."
[23:09] <Yarrow> A silky male voice asks, "And what, praytell, *are* you looking for?"
[23:10] * Alaric looks forw here the voice came from.
[23:10] * Sophia gasps, turning to where the voice came from.
[23:10] * Xui-Fei blinks
[23:10] <Xui-Fei> "whos there
[23:10] * Xui-Fei then slips in to a fighting stance
[23:10] <Yarrow> You turn toward the source of the voice and see a silver crescent moon floating a few cm above a stack of books.
[23:11] * Sophia blinks. "Um... hello...?"
[23:11] <Alaric> (right side up, upside down?)
[23:11] * Sailor_Phobos blinks, examining this odd new development.
[23:11] <Yarrow> (points up)
[23:11] <Xui-Fei> (arty?)
[23:11] <Xui-Fei> "and you are?"
[23:11] * Sophia peers down - is it just a hard-to-see cat, or is it actually just a floating crescent moon?
[23:11] <Alaric> (it's the Ghost of Senshi Slumber-parties Past!)
[23:11] <Yarrow> Voice: "A hello? Well, then you've found one. Hello."
[23:12] <Yarrow> A copper cat fades into view behind the crescent moon, which ends up on its forehead.
[23:12] <Alaric> "We are.. hmm.. looking for means to continue our surv...ival."
[23:12] * Alaric stutters a little watching the cat fade into view.
[23:12] <Ataru> (wait a second)
[23:12] * Alaric is really friggin' relieved at the end part.
[23:13] <Yarrow> Cat: "I'd suggest you move a bit further away from that tank by you."
[23:13] <Ataru> (Shouldn't he have started as a smile?)
[23:13] <Alaric> "...please pardon our manners."
[23:13] * Sophia bows slightly. "I'm sorry, we were called in here to find something, but we're not quite sure what it is."
[23:13] <Yarrow> (No, he's a Chesire Mooncat.)
[23:13] * Alaric looks around to see what tank he's nearest too.. and slowly, carefully, edges away.
[23:13] * Sophia skedaddles away from the tank.
[23:13] <Yarrow> Cat: "Oh, there's plenty of that around here."
[23:13] * Xui-Fei backs away a bit, "uh...thanks....who ever you are"
[23:13] * Alaric looks over at Sophia.
[23:13] <Yarrow> Cat: "You can call me Loki."
[23:14] * Sailor_Phobos looks on blandly.
[23:14] * Alaric then looks back to the Cat.
[23:14] * Alaric warms up a little.
[23:14] <Alaric> "Loki.. it is good to meet you. I am Alaric."
[23:14] * Xui-Fei blinks
[23:14] <Alaric> (no mythological significance to us, right?)
[23:14] <Xui-Fei> (not to you)
[23:14] * Sophia smiles, nodding. "Hello, Loki. I'm Sailor Sophia."
[23:14] <Xui-Fei> (and not to us in game)
[23:14] * Xui-Fei looks at the cat, "Xui-Fei Chuan....Sailor Mjollnir"
[23:15] <Yarrow> He stretches and then jumps to a table to look at Sophia while circling her.
[23:15] <Yarrow> Loki: "Very good work. When were you created?"
[23:15] * Xui-Fei blinks
[23:16] <Sailor_Phobos> "I think he likes her"
[23:16] * Alaric looks at Sophia, rather curious about that too.
[23:16] <Sophia> "Um... about seventeen years ago...?"
[23:16] <Yarrow> Loki: "Just admiring the craftmanship. There's no need to involve such vulgar terms as like and dislike."
[23:17] * Sophia blinks. "Craftsmanship?"
[23:17] * Xui-Fei blinks
[23:17] <Yarrow> Loki sniffs at Sophia. "Ah. You really are a human, aren't you."
[23:17] <Alaric> "..are you refering to the Senshi form?"
[23:17] <Yarrow> Loki: "Sometimes it's hard to tell around here."
[23:18] * Alaric raises his hand slightly.
[23:18] <Alaric> "Not human."
[23:18] * Sophia nods. "Um... yes, I am."
[23:18] * Xui-Fei nods, "same as Sophia here"
[23:18] <Yarrow> Loki: "Yes, yes. But you're all biologicals."
[23:18] <Alaric> "Biological.. in contrast to the droids outside?"
[23:19] * Sophia winces. "Ah... you mean the... guys in 2803?"
[23:19] <Yarrow> Loki: "So, tell me, what brings nonscientists such as you to these labs?"
[23:19] <Xui-Fei> "well considering the city is being raided by Droids from Nemesis
[23:19] <Sophia> "Well... are you up to date on the invasion that's happening outside?"
[23:19] <Yarrow> Loki: "This place is dedicated to researching and creating quote, artificial intelligence, unquote."
[23:19] <Xui-Fei> "and Sophia's machine stated there was an upgrade here"
[23:20] <Yarrow> Loki: "I have to say I'm not quite up to date on current events."
[23:20] <Xui-Fei> "and the topper is the Queen and her royal court have vanished with out a trace"
[23:21] <Alaric> (Loki: "So you're telling me that the barn door is open, and the farmer is missing and presumed dead?")
[23:21] <Xui-Fei> (he's Mao at least connected to the court)
[23:21] <Yarrow> Loki: "Indeed? I'm sure I'd be quite concerned if I weren't a cat."
[23:22] <DCG> (hah)
[23:22] * Xui-Fei blinks, "your a moon cat least I understand there's several as part of the royal court"
[23:22] <Yarrow> Loki: "Do you know any more of this upgrade you seek?"
[23:22] <Yarrow> Loki: "Oh, I'm not a messy biological."
[23:22] * Sophia shakes her head. "No... the defence system was... fairly nonspecific as to what it was..."
[23:22] <Yarrow> Loki: "An upgrade to a defense system?"
[23:22] <Ataru> (AI Upgrade)
[23:23] <Ataru> (he said AI upgrade)
[23:23] * Sophia 's eyes widen, and she leans forward, peering at Loki. "You're another one...? Wow..."
[23:23] <Alaric> "And you're not even trying to assault us."
[23:23] * Alaric says this jokingly.
[23:23] <Yarrow> Loki: "'Another one'? Well, I never..."
[23:24] <Yarrow> He starts to fade (with the exception of the crescent moon).
[23:24] * Sophia blinks. "No, I didn't mean it as an insult, just... if you're another mechanical, the construction is spectacular!"
[23:25] * Sailor_Phobos strokes her chin quietly. "Tempermental...
[23:25] <Yarrow> Soon only the moon is floating there. "Hmph. Well, you should handle your words more carefully and say what you mean."
[23:26] * Sophia bows. "I'm sorry."
[23:26] <Yarrow> Moon: "Well, I'll let it slide this once. It's not like there are many conversation prospects around here these days."
[23:26] <Yarrow> The rest of Loki comes back into view.
[23:27] <Yarrow> Loki: "Well, if you're looking for an AI upgrade for a defense system, you might want to try 2810. And 2807 might be interesting, too."
[23:27] * Sophia cocks her head. "Really? Thank you, Loki-san!"
[23:28] * Sophia bows.
[23:28] <Yarrow> He nods regally and vanishes.
[23:28] <Alaric> "Thank you for your aid, Loki."
[23:29] * Alaric looks around the room -- anything else in here?
[23:29] <Yarrow> There's no response.
[23:29] * Sailor_Phobos puts a hand on her hip, frowning. "A not so much there cat...being blind is so troublesome sometimes"
[23:29] * Xui-Fei looks at the group, "so 2807 next?"
[23:29] <Yarrow> Lots of stuff. But you have no idea what any of it is and suspect much of it is just junk that had nowhere better to be.
[23:29] * Sophia smiles. "We finally met a friend... that's so nice..."
[23:30] <Alaric> (oh yeah)
[23:30] <Alaric> (we're still in the fish tank room)
[23:30] <Alaric> (nm)
[23:30] * Sophia nods, sticking the notes in her inventory for future translation.
[23:30] <Xui-Fei> "I think we better get back into the hall"
[23:30] <Alaric> "I concur."
[23:30] * Alaric starts backing out of the fish tank room.
[23:30] * Sophia heads out into the hallway.
[23:31] * Xui-Fei heads back out of this room
[23:31] <Yarrow> You make it back into the hallway without anything going wrong.
[23:31] * Sailor_Phobos scratches her scalp, looking contemplative.
[23:31] * Xui-Fei heads on looking for 2807
[23:32] * Sophia continues down the hallway.
[23:32] <Yarrow> You walk on, passing a door before getting to 2807.
[23:33] <Xui-Fei> "well here's 2807...think we trust the cat?"
[23:33] <Alaric> "...."
[23:33] <Sailor_Phobos> "You think he was evil enough to send us into a trap?"
[23:33] <Alaric> "Everything else we've met in this building other than the automated turret was."
[23:34] <Alaric> ".. well, the technician didn't seem evil, but, he was with the droids.."
[23:34] <Alaric> "..but we don't have any better ideas, do we?"
[23:34] * Alaric looks around the group.
[23:34] * Sophia blinks, looking at Xui. "Please, he was perfectly polite. I trust him."
[23:34] * Alaric looks at Xui.
[23:34] <Alaric> "How polite was the invasion leader you met?"
[23:34] * Sophia expands her field, and opens the door.
[23:34] <Alaric> "...never mind."
[23:34] * Alaric follows Sophia, careful to stay close.
[23:35] * Sailor_Phobos follows quietly.
[23:35] <Xui-Fei> "bout as but still"
[23:35] * Xui-Fei sighs heading in
[23:36] <Xui-Fei> (mostly going with the fact that I'm walking thor reference and we are taking advice from a cat named loki)
[23:36] <Yarrow> It's a relatively small room and there's a piece of machinery in the center of it. There's a shaft of soft light extending a meter up from it and it's emitting a soft hum. In the shaft of light is floating a silvery metal knife.
[23:36] <Sophia> (_I_ don't trust 'im, but Val does :P )
[23:36] * Xui-Fei blinks
[23:37] * Sophia blinks. "I guess that's what he was talking about..."
[23:37] <Alaric> "Okay.. that doesn't seem so bad."
[23:37] <Alaric> "Unless it's a droid-knife that flies at people."
[23:37] <Sailor_Phobos> "Don't give it ideas"
[23:37] * Sophia walks up, and looks at the controls - is the shaft of light something safe to stick one's hands into?
[23:37] * Xui-Fei grasps the hilt of the knife
[23:38] <Sophia> (Or we can, of course, test it the Xui way.)
[23:38] <Yarrow> Xui-Fei grabs the knife. It feels solid but weightless.
[23:38] <Alaric> "Xui-Fei! Are you.. allright?"
[23:38] <Alaric> a little angry, "Are you out of your mind?"
[23:38] * Sophia glances at Xui's arm. "You know... while I trust him, I wasn't exactly sure that was safe to put my hand into..."
[23:38] <Xui-Fei> "yeah...I'm fine," he says hefting the knife, "damn this sucker is lite.."
[23:39] * Alaric steps around to the side, to get a better view of the knife.
[23:39] <Xui-Fei> "feels like barely weighs a gram
[23:39] <Yarrow> Of course, it is still in the shaft of light it was floating in. It may feel different outside of it.
[23:40] * Alaric looks at the base where the shaft of light is coming from.. are there controls, and inscription, ?
[23:40] <Sophia> "Well... take it out? That's probably suspending it. And... Alaric-san, we should probably give him some distance."
[23:40] * Xui-Fei nods taking it out slowly
[23:40] * Alaric backs away quickly.
[23:40] * Sophia backs up.
[23:40] <Yarrow> Xui-Fei attempts to pull his hand and the knife out of the light. He succeeds without trouble. The knife feels a bit heavier but still rather light.
[23:40] * Alaric releases a breath he was holding in.
[23:41] <Alaric> "So.. what is it? just a knife?"
[23:41] * Alaric hefts his chain.
[23:41] <Alaric> "How's it fit with all the other stuff around here?"
[23:41] * Sophia looks at the machinery, shaking her head. "That kind of storage wouldn't be applied to just any old knife..."
[23:41] <Yarrow> Loki's voice: "Oh, it's a knife, but not *just* a knife."
[23:41] <Alaric> (it's a subtle knife)
[23:41] * Sophia looks over towards the voice. "Loki-san, hello."
[23:42] * Sailor_Phobos frowns without looking in that direction. "that is just freaky..."
[23:42] * Xui-Fei studies it, "mind if I ask what else it can do besides cut things?"
[23:42] <Ataru> (lol al)
[23:42] <Yarrow> Loki's voice, from the opposite direction Sophia's now looking: "Why, that's a Switch Blade."
[23:43] <Ataru> (oh yay, a pun)
[23:43] * Alaric cocks his head a little, looking at the knife, ears twitching a little.
[23:43] <Yarrow> Loki's voice: "So, a knife, but more than a knife."
[23:43] <Alaric> "If I might ask, what is a switch blade?"
[23:43] * Sophia whistles. "That sounds interesting..."
[23:44] * Xui-Fei blinks studying the blade
[23:44] <Alaric> ".. what about it switches?"
[23:45] <Sophia> "Its form, I suppose."
[23:45] <Alaric> speculating, "It's location, perhaps.. or grip? No, that would be too.. humm."
[23:45] * Alaric looks over at Sophia, then at Xui.
[23:45] <Yarrow> Loki's voice: "Anything you like. Within reason. But it won't switch just yet. You'll need an AI more suited to talking to other AIs to activate it."
[23:45] <Ataru> (you swap places with the person you stab)
[23:46] <Alaric> "So.. your next recommended destination?"
[23:46] <Sophia> "Ah... where will we find one of those, Loki-san? 2810?"
[23:47] <Yarrow> Loki's voice: "There are worse places to look."
[23:48] * Xui-Fei nods
[23:48] * Xui-Fei then proceeds to place the switch blade into his item storage device
[23:48] <DCG> (loki: oh god no that room! hah just kidding)
[23:49] * Alaric looks around this room -- anything else stand out?
[23:49] <Yarrow> There's nothing else in the room.
[23:49] <Alaric> "Onward, then?"
[23:49] <Xui-Fei> "next destinaton then"
[23:49] * Xui-Fei nods with Doc
[23:49] * Sophia nods. "I guess so."
[23:50] * Alaric heads out, a little more enthusiastically than before.
[23:50] <Alaric> "We'd best be careful, but.. this seems a far better strategy than simply trying rooms at random."
[23:51] <Yarrow> You head further down the hall, passing a door on the left with a bold warning sign next to it.
[23:51] * Sophia nods. "With less dangers to deal with."
[23:51] * Alaric reads the sign.. anything other than just 'warning'??
[23:51] * Sophia looks to see if there's a window, but will otherwise respect the 'danger, don't go in you idiot' sign.
[23:51] * Xui-Fei blinks...what number is it
[23:52] <Yarrow> Room 2808.
[23:53] <Yarrow> There's a little picture of a brain with waves coming off of it and a red slash through it.
[23:53] * Xui-Fei nods avoicing that room, before pulling out the switch blade, "hey doc think you can handle this"
[23:53] <Alaric> "Well.. it is most definately more elegant than the.. chain."
[23:53] * Alaric says 'chain' with a bit of disdain.
[23:53] <Alaric> "Though, I am surprised.. your style does not encompass knife-fighting?
[23:54] <Xui-Fei> "it does but it's more close to tanto use than this kind of knife"
[23:54] <Alaric> "Hmm."
[23:54] * Xui-Fei hands the knife to him hilt first, "Pointy end goes this way
[23:54] <Yarrow> Are you walking as you talk or standing outside 2808?
[23:54] <Alaric> "Well.. I have proven myself woefully inadequate with firearms, and a simple edged weapon would take advantage of my natural attributes."
[23:54] <Alaric> (walking)
[23:55] <Alaric> (to the target room)
[23:55] <Alaric> (at least Alaric is ;p )
[23:55] <Xui-Fei> (I am too)
[23:55] * Alaric holds out his hand.
[23:55] <Yarrow> Soon enough you come to 2810. There's another warning about bringing computers in.
[23:55] <Alaric> "I'll give it a shot."
[23:55] <Alaric> "Hmm.. do you suppose our inventory devices qualify as computers?"
[23:56] <Xui-Fei> "who knows Amac didn't seem to notice them"
[23:56] * Alaric looks down at his.
[23:56] <Alaric> "True.."
[23:56] * Sophia sets up her field, and then opens the door, looking in.
[23:57] * Sailor_Phobos rolls her shoulders and sighs. "What greater attractions await?"
[23:57] <Xui-Fei> "once more into the breach....then we can get out of this place"
[23:57] * Alaric nods at Xui-Fei.
[23:57] <Alaric> "That would be.. a relief."
[23:57] <Ataru> (and then you can timeskip 12 hours :D)
[23:58] <Alaric> (did you hold onto the knife, or hand it to Alaric?)
[23:58] <Yarrow> This neat room has several tables with some small dark gray components on them, a cabinet, and two racks against the back wall with silver cubes on them. The two racks are a couple of meters apart.
[23:58] <Ataru> (he handed it to you)
[23:58] <Xui-Fei> (I handed it to Alaric)
[23:58] <Alaric> (oh, I missed it ;p)
[23:58] * Alaric weighs the knife, consideringly.
[23:58] * Xui-Fei blinks
[23:58] * Alaric tries to keep the edge away from himself, and everyone else.
[23:58] <Xui-Fei> (compaion cubes?)
[23:58] * Sophia steps in, looking around. "Hm..."
[23:58] <Yarrow> No, each one would fit into your palm.
[23:59] * Xui-Fei blinks, "is this it?"
[23:59] <Ataru> (a portal gun would be pretty neat
[23:59] <Ataru> )
[23:59] <Xui-Fei> "Val sense this is for the base you get the honors)
[23:59] <Xui-Fei> (that it would0
[23:59] <Sophia> "I guess so."
Session Time: Tue Jun 02 00:00:00 2009
[00:00] <Yarrow> Afk a minute.
[00:00] * Sophia walks up to the racks, and looks down at the silver cube. (Game pause?)
[00:02] <Yarrow> Left or right rack?
[00:02] <Alaric> (the right one of course ;p )
[00:02] * Sophia is looking at the left one right now.
[00:03] <Yarrow> There are labels on the cubes. They read: Odango-tan, GLadOS, Hal9000, Skynet, MCP, Brainiac.
[00:03] <Sailor_Phobos> (Ami, inventor of all that is evil in the universe)
[00:04] * Sophia blinks, and goes over to check the cubes on the right rack. "AI names, I guess...?"
[00:04] <Xui-Fei> (...)
[00:04] <Sailor_Phobos> (Don't forget her failed experiment with the Borg)
[00:04] <DCG> (think she was bored)
[00:04] <Xui-Fei> (so this was the lab where she did the mad stuff when she was bored?)
[00:05] <Yarrow> The other rack's cubes are labeled: Adam, Eve, Lilith.
[00:05] <Alaric> "So, what are they named?"
[00:05] * Alaric isn't personally reading them, so he's kinda gotta ask ;p
[00:06] * Xui-Fei nods with the doc's question
[00:06] <Sophia> "Um... Odango-tan, GLadOS, Hal9000, Skynet, MCP, Brainiac, Adam, Eve, and Lilith."
[00:06] * Xui-Fei blinks
[00:06] <Alaric> "Hmm.. those last three sound nice. More like people's names than research designations."
[00:06] <Sailor_Phobos> "Weird names"
[00:06] <Alaric> "I wonder if there's any significance to that."
[00:06] * Sophia nods, and picks up Lilith. "Maybe we can ask?"
[00:07] * Sophia peers at the cube.
[00:07] <Alaric> (okay, who's got computer scanning and a few SAN points to spare?)
[00:07] <Xui-Fei> (no scanning but plenty fo san to spare)
[00:07] * Alaric checks out the Cabinet while Sophia looks at the racks.
[00:08] <Yarrow> (Says the guy who decided to take on a zerker and 4 other droids, two of which are hightly resistant to his attacks.)
[00:08] <Ataru> (know SHODAN or DURANDAL?)
[00:08] <Yarrow> (Nope.)
[00:08] <Ataru> (I'm dissapointed in you Yarrow)
[00:09] <Sophia> (Any reaction from picking it up, anything interesting happen, or would I have to examine further?)
[00:09] <Ataru> (you don't even have AM on there!)
[00:09] <Xui-Fei> (though I can guess Odango-tan is)
[00:09] <Yarrow> The cabinet contains silvery boxes that look about the right size to hold one of those cubes.
[00:09] <Xui-Fei> (Usagi pre purfication)
[00:09] <Alaric> "Hmm..."
[00:10] <Yarrow> Nothing happens when Sophia picks up the cube.
[00:10] * Sophia goes over to the cabinet, pondering.
[00:10] * Alaric examines the boxes.. do they have labels, anything to disambiguate them from each other?"
[00:10] <Yarrow> Nope. They look like protective boxes that block electromagnetism.
[00:11] <Alaric> "Hmm... I think these are cases for those cubes."
[00:11] <Alaric> "Protective casings.. either for the cubes, or for everything around the cubes. I couldn't say which."
[00:11] * Alaric leaves the cabinet, and looks on the tables.
[00:12] <Yarrow> There are some dark gray devices on the tables. You're not sure what they're for.
[00:12] <Alaric> "Sophia, do you have any idea what these devices over here are for?"
[00:12] * Sophia purses her lips, and looks over at them.
[00:13] <Sophia> roll 2d6+7
[00:13] <McDice> Sophia rolled : 2d6+7 --> [ 2d6=9 ]{16}
[00:14] * Sophia looks over and picks up 'Lilith'.
[00:14] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+12
[00:14] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+12 --> [ 2d6=4 ]{16}
[00:14] <Alaric> (sophia is vulnerable to being hacked ;p )
[00:14] <Yarrow> Sophia concentrates on the cube and then suddenly screams, dropping the cube and clutching her head.
[00:15] * Alaric hesitates, then RUNS over to the cabinet, grabs one of the boxes, and uses it to push the cube away from Sophia.
[00:15] * Alaric then slams the box over the cube.
[00:16] <Alaric> "Sophia? Sophia!"
[00:16] * Alaric looks at the box hatefully.. does it move/shimmer/explode?
[00:16] <Sophia> "... Okay. That was a bad idea."
[00:16] <Yarrow> The box and cube seem inanimate.
[00:16] * Sophia rubs her temple.
[00:17] * Xui-Fei blinks "what the hell just happened?"
[00:17] <Alaric> "What did it do to you!?"
[00:17] <Sophia> "I... opened a channel to it, and I think it tried to download..."
[00:17] * Sophia shakes her head violently.
[00:18] <Yarrow> Loki, from the table: "Not a very bright one, are you?"
[00:18] <Sophia> "I wasn't trying to read everything, Loki-san..."
[00:18] * Sailor_Phobos frowns at the cat. "Would you please stop doing that, and at least use the door?"
[00:19] <Yarrow> Loki: "There's a reason there are signs reminding you not to bring computers here. And what would you do if you were stuffed in a cube and someone opened a door?"
[00:19] <Xui-Fei> "you'd leave"
[00:19] <Yarrow> Loki spares Phobos a glance. "What do I look like--a human?"
[00:20] <Yarrow> Loki: "Indeed. But the door led to Sophia's brain."
[00:20] * Sailor_Phobos frowns deeper. "Still...that popping in and out...yeesh"
[00:20] <Xui-Fei> "so wait that AI just tried to install itself into Val"
[00:20] * Sophia rubs her head. "Didn't think it was wideband enough to do that... so how do we meet them?"
[00:20] <Yarrow> Loki: "In essence, yes."
[00:20] * Alaric takes a moment to use the box to slide the cube over to a wall, and from there, use the edge of the box to maneuver the cube up against the wall, and eventually into the box.
[00:20] * Alaric closes the box.
[00:21] <Yarrow> Loki: "Well, I was about to tell you a little about them before you tried to become one with Lilith."
[00:21] <Alaric> (Loki: "Gendo would be so pissed at you for biting on his moves.")
[00:22] * Alaric faces Loki, listening attentively.
[00:22] <Yarrow> Loki: "First of all, I'd recommend avoiding the other rack entirely. A bad lot, all of them."
[00:22] <Sophia> "Sorry... I didn't see you..."
[00:22] <Yarrow> He glances at Odango-tan. "Or very annoying, at least."
[00:22] * Sophia blinks. "Is that why they have wierder names?"
[00:22] <Yarrow> Loki: "I hadn't arrived yet."
[00:23] <Yarrow> Loki: "I couldn't say. As for those other three..."
[00:23] <Yarrow> Loki: "Adam's all business and quite subservient. I'm sure he'd make an excellent butler."
[00:24] <Yarrow> Loki: "Eve's the nurturing, mothering type. Not that much initiative beyond that, though."
[00:24] <Xui-Fei> "what about Eve and Lilith?"
[00:25] <Yarrow> Loki: "And Lilith's the independent sort. She'll help you out but if she thinks she knows a better way than what you tell her, she'll do that. Oh, and she won't hesitate to speak her mind."
[00:26] * Alaric rolls these arounds a bit.
[00:26] <Ataru> (ask about the other rack)
[00:26] <Yarrow> Loki: "These gray things on the table are TK modules, by the way. A set of these will enhance the ability of whichever AI you choose to interact with the physical world."
[00:27] <Alaric> "Enough to push us around, literally?"
[00:27] <Xui-Fei> (he mentioned bad lot all of them)
[00:27] * Sophia nods. "That sounds good... we only barely know what we're doing, so someone who'll not march into a really bad idea would be best..."
[00:27] <Ataru> (You know, there was nothing wrong with Hal)
[00:27] <Alaric> (from a certain point of view.)
[00:27] <Ataru> (the only reason he did what he did is because the government fucked with his programming)
[00:28] * dicebot2 (~light_ava@72-161-71-128.dyn.centurytel.net) has joined #cte
[00:28] <Sophia> (Yes, but we're probably going to get the 'programming fucked with' version :P )
[00:28] <Yarrow> Loki: "I don't think they'll allow them to push a fully grown adult around. I'm not completely sure, though."
[00:28] * Xui-Fei (~light_ava@72-161-71-128.dyn.centurytel.net) Quit (Killed (NickServ (GHOST command used by dicebot2)))
[00:28] * dicebot2 is now known as Xui-Fei
[00:28] <Xui-Fei> > (he mentioned bad lot all of them)
[00:28] <Xui-Fei> > "so which one Val,"
[00:28] <Xui-Fei> * Disconnected
[00:28] <Xui-Fei> (last lines)
[00:29] * Sophia purses her lips. "I think probably Lilith..."
[00:29] <Alaric> "What do we want an AI for, exactly, though?"
[00:29] <Ataru> (Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do)
[00:29] <Alaric> "I don't think we even know what the parameters are by which we should judge which is most appropriate."
[00:29] <Ataru> (No, no you don't want Lillith)
[00:30] <Yarrow> Loki: "I imagine that depends what you plan on installing one in."
[00:30] * Alaric looks at Loki.
[00:30] <Alaric> "You mentioned 'waking this up'.."
[00:30] * Alaric motions with the knife.
[00:30] <Ataru> (the last thing we need is a loudmouth know it all NPC that plays by their own rules)
[00:30] <Alaric> "Does it require an installation, or simply.. assistance?"
[00:31] <Xui-Fei> (in defense of the last human population I'd rather have on that improvises)
[00:31] <Alaric> (that only works if it accepts your goals as its goals)
[00:31] <Xui-Fei> (and honestly I was gonna say go for GLadOS or Odango-tan)
[00:31] <Yarrow> Loki: "Just assistance. I think."
[00:31] <Alaric> (if it comes up with a better idea.....)
[00:31] * Alaric nods slightly.
[00:32] <Ataru> (yeah, it's "better idea" might run counter to your interests, and then where are you?)
[00:33] <Sophia> (Pulling the AI out of the slot and sticking another one in - there's no sign saying 'you may only take one cube' :P )
[00:33] <Alaric> (the gatling turrets may have something to say about that ;p )
[00:33] <Xui-Fei> (then grab all by Skynet, MCP and Braniac
[00:33] <Yarrow> (Ooh, ooh! Try it with Hal!)
[00:33] <Alaric> "Dare I ask what makes the other rack a 'bad lot'?"
[00:35] <Yarrow> Loki gives a feline shrug. "I haven't had much exposure to them, but I understand most of them want to take over or destroy the world. A couple of them are just annoying or deranged."
[00:35] <Ataru> (Toast would totally vote for that rack)
[00:35] <Alaric> "...give that we already have a surfeit of violence and malice, I'm inclined to accept your suggestion that we avoid them."
[00:35] * Sophia sweatdrops. "That sounds... a little contrary to our purpose."
[00:36] <Yarrow> Loki: "If you felt you must choose one from that rack, I'd say you'd be least likely to bring about the end of the world with Odango-tan or GLaDOS."
[00:36] <Alaric> "Least likely to bring about the end of a world.. not the criteria I'd choose to judge."
[00:37] * Alaric looks over at Sophia.
[00:37] <Alaric> "When you touched Lillith, did you gain any impression of it, or information about it?"
[00:38] <Alaric> (hmm... we could have our own Magi)
[00:38] <Alaric> (that'd be kinda sweet)
[00:38] <Ataru> (hmm)
[00:38] <Ataru> (We should have our own Norns)
[00:38] <Alaric> (I think the norns already marked this world as 'busted' and moved on)
[00:39] <Ataru> (Eve is the mother, Lillith the Crone, and Odango the Maiden)
[00:39] * Sophia waves a hand. "Not really... she was a bit too big and rough to come into me and, well, I was a little distracted..."
[00:39] <Alaric> (or, like that)
[00:39] <Yarrow> Loki: "Such a way with words..."
[00:39] * Alaric nods.
[00:39] <Alaric> "I don't think.. er."
[00:39] * Sophia blinks. "Huh?"
[00:39] * Alaric cuts himself off.
[00:39] <Alaric> quickly, "Anyways.."
[00:39] * Sophia just looks confused.
[00:40] <Alaric> "Perhaps we should seek to harness more than one, so that they might counterbalance each others strengths and weaknesses?"
[00:40] <Yarrow> Loki: "Yes. There's no possible way that could go horribly wrong."
[00:40] * Alaric blinks.
[00:41] <Xui-Fei> (Lilith with Odango as her counterbalance0
[00:41] * Sophia nods. "If we could take the sane three, and use each in a different place...?"
[00:41] <Alaric> "How would it go horribly wrong.. if they became wroth with one another and attempted to.. hmm...
[00:41] * Alaric trails off, thinking this over.
[00:42] <DCG> (well last cte, the 'norns' where locked out of the world along with the rest of the amg heavy and hell, serenity was picky about her little playground, corse i duno how thats after life is going down this time.. im sure one of you guys will find out sooner or alter ^^ )
[00:42] <Alaric> "Our headquarters could benefit from a motherly touch.. we have not yet even begun to address the long term welfare of the remaining survivors.. much less the severe trauma they have suffered."
[00:42] <Ataru> (hello, toast is dead)
[00:42] <Alaric> (you've discovered that the correct choice was Mormon.)
[00:43] <Ataru> (I still say he gets his 72 virgin female stoats)
[00:43] <Yarrow> Loki: "In case it affects your decision, I would not expect any of these AIs to refrain from spreading to systems linked to the one it's installed in."
[00:43] <Ataru> (they fan him and feed him mice)
[00:43] <Alaric> (you have to be a muslim suicide stoat to get those, and I never once saw him pray to mecca, much less five times a day)
[00:43] * Sophia nods. "Yes..."
[00:43] <Yarrow> I'm going to wrap this up in the next 10 minutes or so.
[00:44] <Alaric> (cool)
[00:44] * Xui-Fei (~light_ava@72-161-71-128.dyn.centurytel.net) Quit (Ping timeout)
[00:44] <Alaric> (it is getting late)
[00:44] <Ataru> (bummer)
[00:44] <Sophia> (You never know, they didn't specify what privileges stoats are accorded in the Muslim faith...)
[00:44] <Alaric> "Given that this location is exceptionally 'hot', perhaps we should take several, and defer the choice for later?"
[00:44] * Sophia nods. "Unless there's a reason not to, Loki-san...?"
[00:44] <Yarrow> Loki: "That might be prudent. So long as you're very careful none get loose."
[00:44] * Alaric cringes.
[00:45] <Alaric> "We have a poor record for prudent conduct."
[00:45] * Alaric 's ears twitch.
[00:45] <Yarrow> Loki: "Then perhaps you should only take one."
[00:45] <Sophia> "That was so not my fault."
[00:45] * Alaric looks over at Sophia.
[00:45] <Sophia> "... I fixed the shack."
[00:45] <Alaric> "In truth, I was thinking of my unwise choice to activate the emergency stop button on the elevator, rather than jamming it with the droid arm I had."
[00:45] <Alaric> ".....right."
[00:46] * Sophia blushes.
[00:46] * Alaric looks overa t Phobos.
[00:46] <Alaric> "Any ideas Phobos?"
[00:47] * Sailor_Phobos shrugs. "Sorry, but I don't really know anything about computers or robots. My parents weren't much into technology...as I can clearly desmonstrate just by being blind."
[00:47] <Alaric> "Oh.."
[00:47] * Alaric looks a little uncomfortable for a moment, before looking back over at Sophia.
[00:48] <Yarrow> Loki: "And how did this lack of vision come to be?"
[00:48] <Sailor_Phobos> "A matter of birth, not later accident"
[00:48] * Sophia purses her lips. "Well... as long as we keep the boxes sealed, we shouldn't have a problem if we take more than one..."
[00:49] <Yarrow> Loki: "Curious."
[00:49] * Sailor_Phobos shrugs.
[00:49] <Yarrow> Loki looks at Sophia. "You must as you think best, of course. Just be sure not to make an already bad situation worse."
[00:49] <Yarrow> +do
[00:50] * Xui-Fei (~light_ava@72-161-71-128.dyn.centurytel.net) has joined #cte
[00:50] <Yarrow> Ok, let's end here.
[00:50] <Alaric> (sounds good)
[00:50] <Xui-Fei> (what did I miss)
[00:51] <Alaric> (we can do some hasing out OOC I suppose)
[00:51] <Xui-Fei> <DCG> (well last cte, the 'norns' where locked out of the world along with the rest of the amg heavy and hell, serenity was picky about her little playground, corse i duno how thats after life is going down this time.. im sure one of you guys will find out sooner or alter ^^ )
[00:51] <Xui-Fei> * Xui-Fei contemplates, "so which ones?"
[00:51] <Xui-Fei> * Disconnected
[00:51] <Yarrow> Mm, someone send Xui-Fei a log.
[00:51] * Sophia is now known as Pale_Wolf
[00:51] <Alaric> (doing so)
[00:51] <Yarrow> 3 cp to the living, 1 to the dead.
"Last week, I tried praying. But I found I was only talking to myself. Don't worry, I learned my lesson last time. This time, no disciples!" - N. Reynolds, To Tell a Hawk from a Handsaw
Alathon
User avatar
Chibi Sailor Senshi
Posts: 322
 

Re: Once again! DCG- Crystal Tokyo BESM game. Survival-Horror

Postby Alathon » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:06 am

Session 6

[16:59] <Yarrow> Go get food, then. You won't be joining in right away.
[17:00] * Alatwork is now known as Alathon
[17:00] <Rockman_Zero> roll 1d20 test (Jokes aside Roll...)
[17:00] <Roll-chan> Rockman_Zero rolled 1d20 test (Jokes aside Roll...) --> [ 1d20=20 ]{20}
[17:00] <Pale_Wolf> roll 1d20 do you like me?
[17:00] <Roll-chan> Pale_Wolf rolled 1d20 do you like me? --> [ 1d20=20 ]{20}
[17:00] * Rockman_Zero frowns and smacks Roll-chan with a spanner a few times.
[17:00] <Pale_Wolf> ^_^
[17:01] <Yarrow> So... Anyone else have a dicebot?
[17:01] <Rockman_Zero> roll 1d20 test (If you don't behave, I'll set a Spy with his sapper on ya...)
[17:01] <Roll-chan> Rockman_Zero rolled 1d20 test (If you don't behave, I'll set a Spy with his sapper on ya...) --> [ 1d20=17 ]{17}
[17:01] <Rockman_Zero> Well...
[17:01] <Alathon> not handy; I could install one
[17:01] <Rockman_Zero> You said for pain and suffering.
[17:02] <Yarrow> So long as it rolls fairly, it should be fine.
[17:02] <Yarrow> roll 2d6 vs party
[17:02] <Roll-chan> Yarrow rolled 2d6 vs party --> [ 2d6=2 ]{2}
[17:02] <Yarrow> roll 2d6 for party
[17:02] <Roll-chan> Yarrow rolled 2d6 for party --> [ 2d6=3 ]{3}
[17:02] <Rockman_Zero> roll 2d6 vs party
[17:02] <Roll-chan> Rockman_Zero rolled 2d6 vs party --> [ 2d6=7 ]{7}
[17:02] <Rockman_Zero> roll 2d6 for party
[17:02] <Roll-chan> Rockman_Zero rolled 2d6 for party --> [ 2d6=7 ]{7}
[17:02] <Light02> ....
[17:02] * Rockman_Zero shrugs
[17:02] <Light02> Roll
[17:02] <Roll-chan> Light02 rolled --> error: malformed expression
[17:02] <Yarrow> Loo.
[17:03] * Light02 takes a harisen and smacks Roll with it
[17:03] <Ataru> remember guys
[17:03] <Ataru> no dicking around\
[17:03] <Ataru> get outta the fucking building
[17:03] <Ataru> or else!
[17:03] <Rockman_Zero> Building?
[17:03] * Rockman_Zero missed alot, didn't he.
[17:04] <Yarrow> Going to get food, Ataru?
[17:04] <Yarrow> Even if they speed along, there should be enough time for that.
[17:05] <Ataru> yeah
[17:05] <Ataru> sounds like a good idea
[17:05] <Yarrow> Whoever's ready, transform.
[17:05] * Light02 does so
[17:05] <Light02> Kamen Ride....Xui-Fei Chuan
[17:05] * Light02 is now known as Xui-Fei
[17:06] * Xui-Fei blinks
[17:06] * Dorin is now known as Koizumi
[17:06] <Xui-Fei> you said transform
[17:06] * Alathon is now known as Alaric
[17:06] <Koizumi> ouch, toe-nail...god's curse to the back of my feet!
[17:07] <DCG> need bot?
[17:07] <Alaric> 'course
[17:07] <Yarrow> Zero's is here.
[17:08] * Rockman_Zero is now known as Optimus_Prime
[17:08] <Optimus_Prime> "And roll out."
[17:08] * Optimus_Prime is now known as Rockman_Zero
[17:08] <Yarrow> All right. When we left off you were in a room in the restricted portion of the development center with a number of AI cubes arrayed before you.
[17:08] <Pale_Wolf> (Sorry, poked my nose upstairs and got ambushed)
[17:08] <Xui-Fei> (get dressed then Wolfie)
[17:08] * Pale_Wolf is now known as Valery
[17:09] <Yarrow> There's a cabinet full of electrostatic boxes and a table with 'holographic units'.
[17:10] <Yarrow> AIs recommended by Loki: Adam, Eve, Lilith.
[17:10] <Yarrow> AIs not recommended by Loki: Odango-tan, GladOs, Hal9000, Skynet, MCP, Brainiac.
[17:10] <Yarrow> Take it away.
[17:10] <Koizumi> (what a selection...)
[17:10] <Koizumi> (oh, wait)
[17:10] * Koizumi is now known as Sailor_Phobos
[17:10] <Sailor_Phobos> Silly me)
[17:11] * Valery is now known as Sophia
[17:11] <Sophia> (And me :P )
[17:11] <Xui-Fei> (most of us want GladOs)
[17:12] <Rockman_Zero> (Aww... but GladOS is so cute!)
[17:12] * Sophia purses her lips. "So which do you think? I admit I'm leaning towards Lilith..."
[17:13] <Alaric> "For my part, EVE seems the best compromise between initiative and.. safety."
[17:14] * Sailor_Phobos shrugs. "Can't be of any help, I don't know a thing about computers."
[17:14] <Xui-Fei> (OOC that is)
[17:14] * Xui-Fei shrugs, "don't ask me barely touched a computer
[17:15] * Sophia cocks her head, and nods. "I guess Eve it is?"
[17:15] <Ataru> (Toast wants Skynet)
[17:16] <Yarrow> Loki gives a feline shrug. "Either one of those would be a fine choice."
[17:17] <Sailor_Phobos> "I hope so"
[17:17] <Yarrow> Loki: "You said you planned to install it in some sort of defense system?"
[17:17] * Alaric shrugs.
[17:17] <Alaric> "That's my best guess."
[17:17] <Alaric> "Hence the choice of an AI with a 'protective' nature."
[17:17] <Alaric> "That, and my growing concern regarding the care and maintenance of the refugees we collected."
[17:18] * Sophia nods.
[17:19] <Alaric> "Assistance there would help.. so.."
[17:19] <Sophia> "Hm... there's also what might be an AI cube interface in Metel's cockpit..."
[17:19] * Alaric fetches three of the boxes.
[17:19] <Alaric> "Hmm.."
[17:19] <Yarrow> Loki: "Metel?"
[17:20] <Alaric> "Well, perhaps Lilith would be suited to a more aggressive role such as that.. if you think it wise."
[17:20] * Alaric looks at Sophia questioningly.
[17:20] * Sophia blushes. "Ah... it's an RGH-72 Storozhevoy gunship."
[17:20] * Sophia nods. "Yes... that could work."
[17:21] <Yarrow> Loki: "A ship?"
[17:21] <Yarrow> Loki: "That seems rather limited."
[17:22] * Sailor_Phobos remains looking quietly at nothing, just some spot on the wall, while letting her senses feel out the room.
[17:22] <Sophia> "Ah, no, it's a helicopter..."
[17:22] <Alaric> "Hmm..."
[17:22] * Alaric eyes the stuff on the table.
[17:22] <Yarrow> Loki: "Ah, I see. Let me emphatically state at this time that, despite its name, Skynet would be a *horrible* choice of AI for it."
[17:22] <Sailor_Phobos> ("We wanted the Yamato space-battleship, but they didn't have one in stock")
[17:23] <Alaric> to Loki, "These devices would .. I will take your word for it."
[17:23] <Ataru> (Skynet would be an excellent choice!)
[17:23] <Sophia> "Yes... if there's a good chance of destroying the world..."
[17:23] <Alaric> "That is.. these devices would let us communicate with the AIs, would they not?"
[17:23] * Alaric motions at the stuff on the table.
[17:24] <Alaric> "Perhaps we should ask them if they are amenable to our purposes before.. AInapping them."
[17:24] <Yarrow> Loki: "Not exactly. They allow the AI to add holographic images and telekinetic force to help them interact with you once they're installed in a system."
[17:25] <Sophia> "Ahhh. No projectors here, though?"
[17:25] <Yarrow> Loki: "Without them, an AI would be limited to whatever output devices the system has."
[17:26] * Sophia nods.
[17:26] <Yarrow> Loki: "I'm sure there must be devices somewhere around here that would let you communicate with the cubes, but I don't know anything about them."
[17:26] <Yarrow> He frowns. "I supsect that was intentional."
[17:26] <Xui-Fei> "so Lilith for the ship and Eve for the base?"
[17:27] * Alaric shrugs.
[17:27] <Alaric> "Sounds good, if you're sure you want to give over control of the gunship.."
[17:27] <Sophia> "I don't know about giving over control, but some assistance would be nice..."
[17:27] * Alaric scoops the contents of the table into one magnetic box, closes it, and stashes it in his inventory.
[17:27] <Yarrow> (Sure you don't want Odango-tan in the gunship? ;) )
[17:27] <Sailor_Phobos> "Maybe we should get to know our little...'friends' first?"
[17:27] <Alaric> (The gunship flies into a skyscraper. "OOPs!")
[17:28] <Xui-Fei> (well GladOS wouldn't like the ship she's more researche reshearch)
[17:28] <Yarrow> The boxes are only large enough to hold a single AI cube each. The equipment on the table could be put into storage space, however, and doesn't contain any AI (according to Loki).
[17:28] <Ataru> (isn't the knife getting an AI too?)
[17:29] <Alaric> "Okay.. grab the AIs, take a quick look around for something that looks like it has speakers, a screen, anda cube socket, then leave?"
[17:29] * Ellf (~ellfangor@ip68-1-97-172.pn.at.cox.net) has joined #cte
[17:29] <Sophia> (AI is interacting with it, I think)
[17:29] <Yarrow> The Switch Blade only needs to be activated by an AI.
[17:29] <Alaric> (as I understood it, it.. eyah)
[17:29] <Ellf> (/me wants to watch, so hi guys. I can also provide a Dicebot for tonight if you need one)
[17:29] * Sophia nods, takes some boxes, and starts scooping up the sane AIs.
[17:29] <Xui-Fei> (we got Rocko's right now)
[17:30] <Ellf> (Ah, didn't see her there.)
[17:30] <Yarrow> All three, Sophia, or just Eve & Lilith?
[17:30] * Alaric stashes the communication gear in his Inventory.
[17:31] <Sophia> (We might have somewhere we have to put Adam in the future, and we may as well prevent the Nemesians from getting a hold of AIs that aren't going to obstruct them, so yeah, all three, I think)
[17:32] <Xui-Fei> (un you sure you want to give the Nemesians Glados and Skynet
[17:32] <Ataru> (Toast declares a jihad against the imperialist nemesian agressors)
[17:32] <Yarrow> You pack up the three AIs and the projectors.
[17:32] <Yarrow> Somewhere in this process, Loki has vanished.
[17:33] <Sophia> (Sure, Glados and Skynet are more likely to destroy the Nemesians. First, at least. :P )
[17:33] <Ataru> (leave them Odango, destroy the rest :P)
[17:33] <Yarrow> (Or take over their massive engines of destruction and use them to destroy everyone and everything. :) )
[17:33] <Xui-Fei> (now that I can agree with)
[17:34] <Alaric> "Alright.. where to next?"
[17:35] <Alaric> "I suppose if we're feeling particularly suicidal we could explore that room with the 'no brainwaves allowed' sign."
[17:35] <Xui-Fei> "I think we got what we needed lets get back, I don't want to linger here much longer fearing we may be ambushed at the 20th floor
[17:35] <Sophia> "I suppose... a quick look around to see if there's anything else we should take? And then leave?"
[17:35] <Alaric> to Xui-Fei, "You may have a point."
[17:36] <Sailor_Phobos> "Whatever we need to, then let's go"
[17:36] <Alaric> "Hmm.. crack the doors to a couple rooms on the way back to see if anything in particular stands out, but otherwise no in-depth exploration?"
[17:37] <Ataru> (just fucking split god damn it)
[17:37] <Ataru> (>_>)
[17:37] * Sophia nods. "That should work. We can take the other route back."
[17:37] <Yarrow> Be nice, Ataru.
[17:37] <Ataru> (I totally do not have any sort of vested interest)
[17:37] <Ataru> (totally)
[17:38] <Yarrow> So, what's your course of action?
[17:39] * Alaric steps outside, and starts heading back the way he came.
[17:39] * Alaric looks for the first door we haven't opened, that doesn't have huge "u die if u enter" signs.
[17:39] <Ataru> (just remember, Toast may or may not start marking your property with his anal scent glands...)
[17:39] * Sophia follows Alaric, stowing the AIs in itemspace.
[17:39] <Yarrow> Alaric takes the lead. Does he stop at the door with the brainwaves sign or decide it's better left alone?
[17:39] <Alaric> (once we find out he ressurects, stepping on him for shits and giggles will be fair game)
[17:40] * Alaric goes right by the brainwaves sign.
[17:40] <Yarrow> (Renewable food source!)
[17:40] <Ataru> (Until you eat a mazer to the chest)
[17:40] <Ataru> (emergency rations)
[17:40] * Sophia glances at the brainwave door, but doesn't stop.
[17:41] * Sailor_Phobos can't even it see it to read it, so passes right by.
[17:41] <Yarrow> You pass by the ominous door and reach the T-intersection. Do you want to take the way you skipped before?
[17:41] <Sophia> (Yup)
[17:42] <Alaric> (yes)
[17:43] <Yarrow> Someone has a PM.
[17:43] * Xui-Fei looks around keeping an eye out for anything
[17:43] <Ataru> (most ominous)
[17:45] <Yarrow> Alaric? You should have received a /msg.
[17:46] <Alaric> (doh)
[17:46] <Alaric> quietly, "Something's over that way."
[17:46] * Alaric motions the way we'd come originally.
[17:46] * Sophia blinks, turning to look.
[17:47] <Yarrow> You'd have to go around the corner to see anything.
[17:48] <Yarrow> Everyone hears what sounds like a door being smashed open from down that hallway.
[17:48] * Alaric cusses softly.
[17:48] <Alaric> (was there any other way back down than the way we came?)
[17:48] <Sophia> "Oh dear."
[17:48] <Sophia> (Yeah, there were two routes)
[17:48] <Yarrow> Yes, the way you were planning on going is the other way.
[17:49] <Alaric> "Let's bypass this fight and make a run for it.. any objections?"
[17:49] <Xui-Fei> "I'm all for that"
[17:49] * Sailor_Phobos frowns and whispers. "Can't feel anything...but not a bad idea"
[17:49] <Sophia> "None here."
[17:49] * Xui-Fei has his henshin wand if the need arises
[17:50] * Alaric jogs the way we didn't come.
[17:50] <Yarrow> You head down the other hall.
[17:50] <Yarrow> Ignoring closed doors now, I assume?
[17:51] <Xui-Fei> (I sure as hell hope so)
[17:51] * Sophia (~miraclewo@CPE001346f5370f-CM0012c9ab5798.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com) Quit (Broken pipe)
[17:51] <Alaric> (yes ;p )
[17:51] * Sophia (~miraclewo@CPE001346f5370f-CM0012c9ab5798.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com) has joined #cte
[17:51] <Sophia> * Alaric jogs the way we didn't come.
[17:51] <Sophia> <Yarrow> You head down the other hall.
[17:51] <Sophia> <Yarrow> Ignoring closed doors now, I assume?
[17:51] <Sophia> * Sophia follows Alaric as quickly and quietly as is feasible.
[17:51] <Sophia> * Disconnected
[17:52] <Sophia> (What'd I miss?)
[17:52] <Alaric> (nothing)
[17:52] <Xui-Fei> (nothing of note we didn't get your line)
[17:52] <Yarrow> You rush past the closed doors and reach the last corner before the elevator.
[17:53] <Yarrow> Stopping to cautiously peer around it, just rushing through, something else?
[17:53] * Sophia pauses at the corner, looking at Alaric to see if he hears anything.
[17:53] * Alaric stops when Sophia does, nervously looking behind him.
[17:54] <Yarrow> It kind of sounds like something mechanical is lumbering down the other hallway--moving away from you.
[17:54] <Alaric> quietly, "Check the corner, then we go?"
[17:55] * Sophia whispers back. "Maybe wait...? That sounds like one of those big ones..."
[17:55] <Ataru> (it's Ed, isn't it?)
[17:55] <Ataru> (Please tell me it's Ed)
[17:55] <Sailor_Phobos> "Lovely..."
[17:55] * Sailor_Phobos focuses her ears.
[17:56] <Sophia> "I hope Loki-san gets out okay..."
[17:56] * Alaric checks the corner.
[17:56] <Alaric> (anything aroundi t waiting?)
[17:56] <Yarrow> The corner is clear.
[17:56] * Alaric goes around the corner, quickly heading for the elevator.
[17:56] * Sophia follows Alaric.
[17:57] <Yarrow> You dart around the corner and reach the hallway to the elevator. It seems to be clear the rest of the way and you head to it.
[17:57] * Alaric cringes a little as he gets closer to the elevator, but keeps going.
[17:58] * Sailor_Phobos keeps close
[17:58] * Xui-Fei stops them before they get to the elevator
[17:58] <Yarrow> When you're almost to it, Sophia feels a sudden weight on her shoulder, and Loki's silky voice says in her ear, "I think I'd best see for myself what's going on outside, if it's as bad as you say."
[17:58] * Sailor_Phobos shudders. "Ugh, quit doing that..."
[17:58] * Sophia squeaks, covering her mouth with her hands before turning around quickly.
[17:59] <Sophia> "It's good to see you're okay, Loki-san..."
[18:00] <Yarrow> Is everyone stopping at Xui-Fei's request or just going on anyway?
[18:00] <Sophia> (Ah, didn't even catch that. Well, Loki stopped me anyway :P )
[18:02] * Xui-Fei looks at everyone gesturing them to stay put as he checks to see if they have made it up this far or not
[18:03] <Sophia> (Er... we kinda know they've made it this far, given how they're charging through the other hallway... :P )
[18:03] <Xui-Fei> (ah I ment to see if there's a glass one guarding the elevator
[18:03] <Yarrow> How are you checking? Turning around and backing upto the elevator? :)
[18:03] <Alaric> (I stop)
[18:03] <Xui-Fei> (not that way)
[18:04] * Xui-Fei approches slowly fully on guard and ready to jump away at any slight movement his way
[18:04] <Sophia> (Why not take advantage of our sonar chick?)
[18:04] <Ataru> (yeah, movement you won't even see...)
[18:04] <Yarrow> Koizumi already has her sonar active. If she'd seen anything, presumedly, she would have said something.
[18:05] <Yarrow> Xui-Fei cautiously advances and reaches the elevator.
[18:05] <Xui-Fei> bracing for anything he pushes the call button for the elevator
[18:05] <Yarrow> Ding! The doors open immediately.
[18:05] <Sailor_Phobos> (huh? oh you wanted me to warn you? I'm having entirely too much fun watching Xui get stabbed)
[18:05] <Yarrow> (I was wondering why you weren't saying anything...)
[18:06] * Sophia tenses up as the elevator opens.
[18:07] <Yarrow> The elevator appears to be empty.
[18:07] * Alaric steps inside.
[18:07] <Alaric> "let's not loiter."
[18:07] * Sailor_Phobos nods and follows.
[18:08] <Xui-Fei> "agreed"
[18:08] <Alaric> (how low does this elevator go?)
[18:08] * Xui-Fei enters
[18:08] * Sophia nods, following the rest while trying to keep Loki steady on her shoulder.
[18:08] <Yarrow> The elevator goes to the 20th floor, where your friend Amac is.
[18:08] <Sailor_Phobos> (I don't think an elevator is too good at limbo)
[18:08] <Alaric> (or was)
[18:08] <Sophia> (That is, keep Loki steady on her shoulder without him having to use his claws)
[18:08] <Alaric> "21st floor and take the stairs for the last flight?"
[18:09] <Sophia> "Are there stairs?"
[18:09] * Alaric shrugs.
[18:09] * Sophia looks at Xui.
[18:09] <Alaric> "Xui, do you remember stairs from the layout?"
[18:09] <Xui-Fei> "no clue my ESC is on the 20th"
[18:09] <Sophia> "Probably not... if it's a restricted area, I doubt there'd be that many ways in..."
[18:10] <Xui-Fei> "and remember it wasn't cleared to display the floor layout for anything past 20"
[18:11] <Sailor_Phobos> "Loads of fun to poke around, pardon the expression, blindly. What are we looking for? Or..you looking for anyway?"
[18:13] <Xui-Fei> "we want to take the stairs to the 20th when we get to the 21st floor
[18:14] * Alaric shrugs.
[18:14] <Alaric> "Whatever."
[18:14] <Yarrow> Loki: "So, you want to poke around another floor of this restricted area instead of taking the elevator all the way down?"
[18:14] * Alaric pushes the 20 floor button.
[18:14] <Alaric> "Let's just get moving, speed might serve us as well as stealth at this point."
[18:14] <Alaric> "...we've failed rather severely at stealth."
[18:14] <Yarrow> The elevator descends to the 20th floor and the doors open.
[18:15] * Sophia braces as they arrive at the 20th floor.
[18:15] * Alaric dodges the expected stab.
[18:15] * Xui-Fei braches himself
[18:15] <Yarrow> A turret on the ceiling swivels to face the elevator. "Ah. It's good to see you again."
[18:15] * Alaric looks relieved.
[18:15] * Sailor_Phobos blinks and let's out a breath. "Well, that was anti-climatic...thankfully"
[18:16] <Alaric> "It's a relief on our part as well. Something loud and heavy made it up to the top floor.. we assumed Nemesis forces."
[18:16] * Sophia blinks. "Hello, Amac...?"
[18:16] <Yarrow> Amac: "Nothing entered the restricted section. If there was something moving around up there, it came from up there."
[18:16] <Alaric> "Lovely."
[18:16] <Yarrow> Amac: "Hello, Sophia. I'm afraid we don't have time to chat, as I have some good news and some bad news."
[18:16] <Sophia> "... Good thing we left in time..."
[18:16] <Alaric> "In that case, we probably did not kill one of the robots that attacked us enough."
[18:17] * Sophia blinks, cocking her head.
[18:17] <Sophia> "What's wrong?"
[18:17] <Yarrow> Amac: "The good news is that I locked down the building, locking doors and immobilizing elevators to hinder any attempts from the Nemesan forces to ambush you."
[18:17] * Sailor_Phobos bites her lip while listening. "We're not gonna like this, I bet"
[18:17] <Sailor_Phobos> (We're trapped..?)
[18:18] <Ataru> (... I hate you)
[18:18] <Yarrow> Does Xui-Fei retrieve his ESC, btw?
[18:18] <Sophia> "And the bad news is that the building is locked down and... are the stairs still clear?"
[18:18] * Xui-Fei does
[18:18] <Yarrow> Amac: "This seemed to work very well. The bad news is that a few minutes ago, everyone abruptly left the building."
[18:19] <Sophia> "... Oh no..."
[18:19] <Alaric> "That suggests that haste on our part is in order as well."
[18:19] <Yarrow> Amac: "Indeed."
[18:19] <Alaric> (Alaric looks up, and notes the 4:59 overlay in the top right corner of the screen. It ticks to 4:58.)
[18:19] <Yarrow> Amac: "I have, of course, unlocked all the doors and elevators."
[18:19] * Sophia bows quickly, and starts moving. "Thank you, Amac-san."
[18:20] <Alaric> "Can you be removed in a timely manner?"
[18:20] * Xui-Fei nods
[18:20] <Yarrow> (The bottom period on the colon falls off and drops onto Alaric's head, dazing him.)
[18:20] <Yarrow> Amac: "I am not confined to this building, but thank you for asking."
[18:20] * Alaric nods.
[18:20] <Alaric> "Good.. let's get going."
[18:20] * Sophia nods. "Good..."
[18:20] <Xui-Fei> (/me puts on the MGS chase theme)
[18:20] <Alaric> "Xui-Fei, lead the way."
[18:21] * Sophia follows Alaric. "I hope to see you again later, Amac-san."
[18:21] <Yarrow> Amac: "Fare thee well."
[18:21] * Sailor_Phobos takes a breath and sighs. "Away we go"
[18:21] <Yarrow> You rush to the elevator down.
[18:21] * Xui-Fei nods and does so with the map on
[18:22] <Yarrow> Vending Machine 1: "You dare show your face again!"
[18:22] <Yarrow> roll 2d6
[18:22] <Roll-chan> Yarrow rolled 2d6 --> [ 2d6=5 ]{5}
[18:22] <Yarrow> A can of soda comes flying at Xui-Fei.
[18:22] <Sophia> "Um, sorry, bit of a hurry!"
[18:22] <Ataru> (I'm reminded of Red Dwarf)
[18:22] <Sophia> (Catch it, we may as well get something to drink :P )
[18:22] <Ataru> (Will Xui Fei eventually kick death in the junk?)
[18:23] * Xui-Fei catches the can out of reflex
[18:23] <Yarrow> Make a ranged defense roll at -6
[18:23] <Xui-Fei> 2d6-1
[18:23] <Xui-Fei> roll 2d6-1
[18:23] <Roll-chan> Xui-Fei rolled 2d6-1 --> [ 2d6=7 ]{6}
[18:23] <Yarrow> Xui-Fei reaches up and snatches the can out of the air.
[18:23] <Xui-Fei> "thanks"
[18:24] <Sophia> "Thank you for the gift!"
[18:24] <Yarrow> VM1: "THIEF! THIEF! Stop!"
[18:24] <DCG> (rofl)
[18:24] * Sailor_Phobos snickers. "Free samples..."
[18:24] <Xui-Fei> "no time in a hurry sorry"
[18:25] <Yarrow> You rush on and reach the approach to the elevator down.
[18:25] <Ataru> (is xui fei's real name Arnold Judas Rimmer?)
[18:25] * Sophia glances at Phobos to see if the sonar sees anything.
[18:25] <Xui-Fei> (huh)
[18:26] <Yarrow> Charging forward? Slowing down? Stopping? Something else?
[18:27] * Sailor_Phobos remains quiet on such matters, if any. Eyes closed but easily picking her way.
[18:27] * Xui-Fei is still making a mad dash for the elevator to the bottom floor
[18:27] * Sophia keeps after Xui, panting for breath.
[18:28] <Yarrow> The doors open as Xui-Fei approaches the elevator.
[18:28] * Xui-Fei gets in
[18:28] <Yarrow> Xui-Fei enters the elevator. Nothing stabs him.
[18:29] <Yarrow> Everyone else piles in after him and the elevator drops like a stone, the doors not even closing.
[18:29] * Sophia gets in after Xui, trying to catch her breath and steady Loki.
[18:30] * Alaric twitches a little, his tail lashing back and forth, batting into the side of the elevator.
[18:30] <Yarrow> The indicator rapidly runs through floor numbers, and when it gets to 5, the elevator lighting turns red and the brakes are heavily applied.
[18:31] <Yarrow> The elevator shudders as it rapidly slows and stops at the first floor with a slight jolt. The outer doors slide open.
[18:31] * Sophia falls to the wall, but otherwise manages to brace against it and stay steady.
[18:32] * Sailor_Phobos makes a grab to plant herself in a corner while falling, blowing out a breath at the stop. "Ugh...I think my stomach is in my ears..."
[18:32] <Yarrow> Loki: "Try not to burp."
[18:32] <Sophia> "Stomach later, avoid bombardment now!"
[18:32] <Sailor_Phobos> "Yeah, yeah..."
[18:33] * Xui-Fei pushes floor 1 button
[18:33] <Yarrow> You're already on the first floor and the doors are open.
[18:34] * Xui-Fei heads for the exit as fast as he can
[18:34] <Sailor_Phobos> (why push the button after falling all the way there? hoping to go again?)
[18:34] * Sailor_Phobos follows behind.
[18:34] * Sophia follows after Xui.
[18:35] * Sailor_Phobos hisses. "There's a bunch of them...ugh...so loud!"
[18:35] <Alaric> "Any way where there Aren't a bunch of them?"
[18:35] <Sophia> "Out the side door we came in?"
[18:36] <Xui-Fei> "meaning finding the stair well we came in?"
[18:36] <Yarrow> There's a whisper of motion from ahead.
[18:36] <Yarrow> Init.
[18:36] <Alaric> "Anything to keep us moving!
[18:36] <Alaric> roll 2d6+10 init
[18:36] <Roll-chan> Alaric rolled 2d6+10 init --> [ 2d6=6 ]{16}
[18:37] <Xui-Fei> roll 2d6+4
[18:37] <Roll-chan> Xui-Fei rolled 2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=6 ]{10}
[18:37] <Ataru> (raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaage)
[18:37] <Sophia> roll 2d6+5
[18:37] <Sailor_Phobos> "I just know there's a lot"
[18:37] <Roll-chan> Sophia rolled 2d6+5 --> [ 2d6=10 ]{15}
[18:37] <Sailor_Phobos> roll 2d6+8
[18:37] <Roll-chan> Sailor_Phobos rolled 2d6+8 --> [ 2d6=7 ]{15}
[18:37] <Yarrow> roll 10#2d6+4
[18:37] <Roll-chan> Yarrow rolled 10#2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=6 ]{10}, [ 2d6=5 ]{9}, [ 2d6=5 ]{9}, [ 2d6=9 ]{13}, [ 2d6=8 ]{12}, [ 2d6=2 ]{6}, [ 2d6=7 ]{11}, [ 2d6=10 ]{14}, [ 2d6=7 ]{11}, [ 2d6=12 ]{16}
[18:38] * Rockman_Zero is now known as RZ_[AFK]
[18:38] <Yarrow> It sounds like a wave of something rushing toward you, but you don't think it'll reach you this round.
[18:39] <Sailor_Phobos> "Safer to keep moving, I think. We have a very small window"
[18:39] <Alaric> "Which way!?"
[18:39] * Xui-Fei looks for the stair way, on his esc if found it heading for it
[18:40] <Sailor_Phobos> "Make for the stairs...if that's the stairs..."
[18:40] * Sailor_Phobos points
[18:40] <Yarrow> Loki: "I'll just cramp your style if you stay around..."
[18:40] * Alaric goes where Phobos points.
[18:40] * Sophia heads after Alaric.
[18:40] <Alaric> (I spend my turn running if there's no obvious enemies)
[18:40] <Sophia> (Ditto :P )
[18:40] <Yarrow> He fades from view, crescent moon remaining a moment longer than the rest of him before vanishing also. His weight vanishes from Sophia's shoulder.
[18:41] <Yarrow> Alaric leads the way to the door to the stairwell. He opens it and charges through. (Unless you plan to do something different?)
[18:41] <Sailor_Phobos> "There's...twelve, I think, we can make the stairs"
[18:43] <Yarrow> Ok. Alaric. Body roll.
[18:43] <Sophia> "Then let's go... if they keep... chasing us... we just need to... get to Metel... and we'll have... some fire... support."
[18:43] * Xui-Fei follows
[18:44] * Ellf is now known as EllfWRT
[18:44] <Alaric> roll 2d6+4
[18:44] <Roll-chan> Alaric rolled 2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=8 ]{12}
[18:45] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+4
[18:45] <Roll-chan> Yarrow rolled 2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=6 ]{10}
[18:45] <Yarrow> Alaric charges through the door and crashes into something. He staggers, but remains on his feet as the something goes flying and hits the far wall with a crack before crashing to the floor.
[18:46] <Alaric> "Shit!"
[18:46] <Yarrow> The emergency exit is right across from you.
[18:46] * Alaric sounds both startled and a little hurt.
[18:46] * Sophia glances at the something, while hurrying towards the emergency exit.
[18:46] * Alaric will keep going if he can.
[18:46] <Yarrow> It looks like a faintly visible glass droid.
[18:46] * Sailor_Phobos blinks "Damnit..how'd that thing get in there?!"
[18:46] <Alaric> "Hell with fighting, let's see if we can outrun it!"
[18:46] <Yarrow> Alaric staggers out the emergency exit, Sophia following.
[18:47] <Sophia> "Right, go!"
[18:47] <Yarrow> Everyone runs out after them, Xui-Fei coming last and slamming the door shut behind him.
[18:48] <Yarrow> Outside, the rain has stopped. The air is cool and still, and the clouds are an eerie green color.
[18:48] * Sophia glances around quickly to make sure we're not surrounded by a hundred droids, and then keeps moving towards the clearing where we left Metel.
[18:48] <Yarrow> You've seen clouds that color before, but it's still eerie.
[18:48] <Xui-Fei> "make for Metel I'll let Jake and Chance know where comming in hot"
[18:49] * Xui-Fei says that as he gets Metel's com frequency on his ESC
[18:49] * Sophia nods, and continues moving as fast as she can, heaving for breath.
[18:50] <Yarrow> Are you taking to cover at all or just running full-out in the direction of Metel?
[18:50] * Sailor_Phobos simply tries to keep pace with everyone.
[18:51] * Alaric keeps near the sides of buildings, but runs.
[18:51] <Xui-Fei> (I'm frunning all out trying to get the damn com part of his ESC to work)
[18:51] <Sophia> (If we find some cover we'll get it between us and the building, but given the area effect of the bombardment, distance seems a better protection :P )
[18:51] <Yarrow> Jake: "Hey, Xui-Fei. What's up?"
[18:51] <Alaric> (it *could* just be simple demolition chargers)
[18:52] <Alaric> (they don't need to nuke a building from orbit to take it down)
[18:52] <Yarrow> The cloud cover above the development building seems to be slowly lightening.
[18:52] <Sophia> (Well, if it is, we'd still want to be a nice ways away lest it fall on us :P )
[18:52] * Alaric keeps running.
[18:52] <Xui-Fei> "were done here get ready for lift off, though don't be surprized if we got trouble folloing us"
[18:52] * Xui-Fei says while running
[18:52] <Alaric> "Might want to tell them to maneuver the chopper to where it has some cover from this direction"
[18:52] * Alaric coughs out the words three at a time, between huffs, as he runs.
[18:53] <Yarrow> Jake: "Um, ok. I think Chance has gotten through the first three chapters of "So You Want to Be a Helicopter Pilot"...
[18:53] * Sailor_Phobos licks her lips, huffing.
[18:53] * Xui-Fei blinks, "oh dear"
[18:54] <Sophia> "Forget it, stay on the ground, the shockwave will do more damage if it's in the air!"
[18:54] <Yarrow> Ok. Elect your luckiest player to roll 2d6.
[18:54] <Alaric> (that's either me or pw)
[18:54] <Xui-Fei> (not it)
[18:54] <Sophia> (... Forest of hands, huh?)
[18:55] <Sophia> (Dicebot likes me right now, I'll go for it unless there're objections?)
[18:55] <Alaric> (go for it)
[18:55] <Yarrow> Or whoever rolls first gets it. :)
[18:55] <Sophia> roll 2d6
[18:55] <Roll-chan> Sophia rolled 2d6 --> [ 2d6=6 ]{6}
[18:55] <Sailor_Phobos> (if you get us all killed...)
[18:55] <Yarrow> roll 2d6
[18:55] <Roll-chan> Yarrow rolled 2d6 --> [ 2d6=2 ]{2}
[18:55] <Alaric> (it'll be funny as hell)
[18:55] <Sailor_Phobos> (Yeah it would, actually, heheh)
[18:55] <Alaric> (especially if the orbital bombardment fails due to overheated coils and someone's ship explodes)
[18:56] <Sophia> (Heheheh)
[18:57] <Xui-Fei> (....well I think we surive that)
[18:57] <Yarrow> The clouds part in a ring above the development building and a wide beam of brilliant energy lances down from the sky to envelope the structure. The ground MOVES, throwing everyone off their feet, and there's a deafening thunderclap.
[18:58] <Xui-Fei> "oh crap"
[18:58] <Yarrow> (Just as what was left of poor Arnold grasped the Skynet cube...)
[18:59] <Yarrow> After a while, your senses clear and the ground is steady again.
[18:59] * Sophia falls to the ground, landing painfully. "Ugh..."
[18:59] * Alaric looks up, checking for signs of falling debris.
[18:59] <Yarrow> Fortunately, you're not currently in danger from falling debris.
[19:00] * Sailor_Phobos huffs after a brief flight, pushing herself upright. "Owww...this is why I don't do amusement parks..."
[19:00] * Alaric staggers to his feet, ears laid back against his head.
[19:00] * Sophia slowly brings herself back up, shaking on her feet. "That... let's... not... do that... again..."
[19:01] <Sailor_Phobos> "Agreed..."
[19:02] <Xui-Fei> "that was fun"
[19:02] <Alaric> "Xui-Fei, could you let HQ know that we'll be on our way back shortly?"
[19:03] <Yarrow> It seems unnaturally quiet in the city now. If you hadn't just heard yourselves talking, you would have wondered if you were deaf.
[19:03] <Yarrow> Xui-Fei looks down at his ESC to find the display blank.
[19:03] * Xui-Fei blinks, "oh hell"
[19:03] * Sophia glances back to make sure no droids are chasing us, and then starts towards Metel's clearing.
[19:03] <Xui-Fei> (emp?)
[19:04] <Yarrow> Could be.
[19:04] <Yarrow> No droids seem to be around.
[19:05] * Sailor_Phobos rises up to her feet, brushing the grit from her hands and follows, ears keen and senses alert.
[19:05] * Xui-Fei grumbles, "great now this is down, I hope it's only tempoary lets head back to metel"
[19:06] <Sophia> "Could've been... electromagnetic disruption. If they're throwing particle beams around on that scale..."
[19:07] <Alaric> "In any case, let's hurry up and get back."
[19:07] <Yarrow> You head on to Metel. When you're almost there, Xui-Fei's ESC gives a soft beep.
[19:07] <Ataru> (BSOD?)
[19:08] <Yarrow> When he looks down, it reads: "Pulling myself up by my own boot straps."
[19:09] <Yarrow> After a few seconds, that vanishes and a thin line starts to extend across the screen.
[19:09] * Xui-Fei blinks at the text
[19:09] <Xui-Fei> "pulling myself up by my own boot straps....what the hell does that mean"
[19:10] <Alaric> "Your guess is.. as good as.. mien."
[19:10] <Yarrow> At this point you reach Metel and board.
[19:10] * Sophia looks at the screen as they walk. "A motto? That looks like a restart screen, so putting up the creator's motto is pretty much standard..."
[19:11] * Sailor_Phobos shrugs.
[19:11] <Sophia> .me waves as they arrive at Metel. "Jake, Chance... good to see you're okay..."
[19:11] <Xui-Fei> "still odd motto to put on a start up"
[19:11] * Alaric gladly takes a seat in the back of the chopper.
[19:12] <Yarrow> (Though none of your characters know it, that's the source of the term 'booting' with regard to computers)
[19:12] <Sophia> (Heheheheh)
[19:12] <Ataru> (the creator was a republican?)
[19:12] <Yarrow> Jake: "Hi, guys! Hey, where's the ra...er, stoat?"
[19:12] * Sophia steps in, and blinks. "He's... not back yet?"
[19:13] * Xui-Fei blinks, "I hope to the queen he didn't get caught in that blast"
[19:13] <Ataru> (is there also a computer term derived from "fuck you, got mine.")
[19:13] <Ataru> (?)
[19:14] <Yarrow> (I bet missing the chance to see that strike is probably the worst part of being dead to Toast. :) )
[19:14] <Yarrow> (You'll have to go research that on your own, Ataru. :p )
[19:14] * Sophia cringes, slumping down in the cockpit seat. "If he followed us... oh no..."
[19:14] <Yarrow> Jake: "No. We thought he joined you guys after blowing things up."
[19:15] * Sailor_Phobos finds a quiet place to sit, dropping her transformation and letting out a sigh.
[19:15] * Sailor_Phobos is now known as Koizumi
[19:15] <Xui-Fei> "we though he headed back here"
[19:15] <Yarrow> Chance: "Val, we should get the hell out of here while we can."
[19:15] <Sophia> "... We'll scan overhead for him, but... yeah, we can't stick around."
[19:16] * Sophia puts her gun back in the holster, and straps in, bringing Metel's engines up.
[19:16] <Yarrow> Metel spins up and you take her into the air.
[19:17] <Yarrow> Nothing unusual comes up on the display.
[19:18] <Alaric> "... I can't believe we didn't even have a plan for how, or when, we'd meet up."
[19:18] * Alaric says this with considerable disgust.
[19:18] <Yarrow> Chance: "I assumed he'd just teleport to you."
[19:18] * Sophia swings out around the (former) building, and around the distraction area, looking down, and calling on the speakers. "Toast! Where are you?!"
[19:18] <Alaric> "I suppose he can teleport himself back as soon as is convenient, but even so."
[19:18] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+8-6
[19:18] <Roll-chan> Yarrow rolled 2d6+8-6 --> [ 2d6=5 ]{7}
[19:19] <Yarrow> Evade, Val.
[19:19] <Yarrow> Sophia. :)
[19:19] <Sophia> roll 2d6+9
[19:19] <Roll-chan> Sophia rolled 2d6+9 --> [ 2d6=11 ]{20}
[19:19] <Yarrow> You get a response in the form of a zerker shell.
[19:19] * Sophia swings around the blast, gritting her teeth. "You can shut up, I'm looking for Toast."
[19:20] * Sophia swings the main cannon into line and tries to gun it down.
[19:20] <Alaric> shouting, "Fuck's sake, don't get us shot down!"
[19:20] <Sophia> roll 2d6+10
[19:20] <Roll-chan> Sophia rolled 2d6+10 --> [ 2d6=10 ]{20}
[19:20] <Yarrow> If you stay to fight, roll init.
[19:20] <Sophia> roll 2d6+5 Init
[19:20] <Roll-chan> Sophia rolled 2d6+5 Init --> [ 2d6=7 ]{12}
[19:20] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+4
[19:20] <Roll-chan> Yarrow rolled 2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=9 ]{13}
[19:20] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+8-6
[19:20] <Roll-chan> Yarrow rolled 2d6+8-6 --> [ 2d6=4 ]{6}
[19:21] <Sophia> roll 2d6+9
[19:21] <Roll-chan> Sophia rolled 2d6+9 --> [ 2d6=7 ]{16}
[19:21] <Yarrow> You can use that first roll to evade. Now roll to hit.
[19:21] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+8
[19:21] <Roll-chan> Yarrow rolled 2d6+8 --> [ 2d6=5 ]{13}
[19:21] <Yarrow> Either way, you're missed and you manage to hit.
[19:21] <Sophia> (57 damage)
[19:22] <Yarrow> Next round.
[19:22] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+8-6
[19:22] <Roll-chan> Yarrow rolled 2d6+8-6 --> [ 2d6=11 ]{13}
[19:22] <Sophia> roll 2d6+9
[19:22] <Roll-chan> Sophia rolled 2d6+9 --> [ 2d6=4 ]{13}
[19:23] <Ataru> (you're very cruel wolfie)
[19:23] <Yarrow> A shot that's clearly targetting the rotors just skims by.
[19:23] <Alaric> bellowing, "Are you out of your mind!?"
[19:23] <Sophia> roll 2d6+10
[19:23] * Sophia circles around the zerker, hosing it down with the main gun. "Come on, Toast... come out here..."
[19:23] <Roll-chan> Sophia rolled 2d6+10 --> [ 2d6=4 ]{14}
[19:23] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+8
[19:23] <Roll-chan> Yarrow rolled 2d6+8 --> [ 2d6=10 ]{18}
[19:23] <Yarrow> Let's see if round 3 is the lucky one for the zerker.
[19:23] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+8-6
[19:23] <Sophia> "We need to give Toast time to respond, Alaric-san."
[19:23] <Roll-chan> Yarrow rolled 2d6+8-6 --> [ 2d6=6 ]{8}
[19:23] <Yarrow> Apparently not.
[19:24] <Sophia> roll 2d6+9 roll anyway?
[19:24] <Roll-chan> Sophia rolled 2d6+9 roll anyway? --> [ 2d6=5 ]{14}
[19:24] <Yarrow> Of course. You could have critfailed.
[19:24] <Alaric> shouting, "HE CAN TELEPORT, HE CAN GET HOME ANY TIME HE WANTS!!"
[19:24] <Yarrow> Sophia's turn.
[19:24] <Xui-Fei> "we can't wait here much longer Val," he says weerly at the droid firing at the ship he's on
[19:24] <Sophia> "Ugh... dammit..."
[19:24] <Yarrow> roll 1d100
[19:24] <Roll-chan> Yarrow rolled 1d100 --> [ 1d100=46 ]{46}
[19:25] * Sophia skids backward, getting the nearest building between us and the opponent.
[19:25] <Yarrow> You fly off.
[19:26] <Koizumi> "Can we get off this wild ride soon?"
[19:26] <Ataru> (Toast is touched by your devotion. Your things shall remain unmarked)
[19:26] <Ataru> (Al on the other hand....)
[19:26] <Yarrow> Do you go straight back to HQ or will there be any further diversions?
[19:26] * Sophia goes low to use the buildings as cover, and starts moving back to base. "I don't like not knowing what happened to him..."
[19:27] <Alaric> (has claws, and will remove eyes if needed)
[19:27] * Alaric is still seriously pissed off.
[19:27] <Alaric> "Well, I don't like getting shot at with no way to defend myself!"
[19:27] <Sophia> "I'm sorry..."
[19:27] <Alaric> "And I really don't like it when it's done for no good reason!"
[19:27] <Ataru> (and Toast can kill you with an errant cough :P)
[19:28] <Ataru> (from a distance. Untransformed.)
[19:28] <Yarrow> Not really encouraging Alaric to rush things, Ataru. :)
[19:28] <Ataru> (it's all in good fun)
[19:28] <Yarrow> You make it back to HQ in one piece.
[19:29] <Ataru> (12 hours later?)
[19:29] * Sophia lands, and moves out to get the scaffolding set up so they can't be seen from above.
[19:29] <Ataru> (actually, how many hours have already passed?)
[19:29] <Sophia> (Like... one?)
[19:29] <Ataru> (so 11 more than :D)
[19:29] <Ataru> (then)
[19:31] <Yarrow> Jake and Chance help Sophia.
[19:31] * Alaric heads inside quickly, still in a huff.
[19:32] <Yarrow> Mai is standing on the roof, quite possibly in the exact pose and position she was in when you left.
[19:32] * Xui-Fei steps out
[19:32] * Sophia finishes up as quickly as she can, and then goes inside, looking to see if Toast just teleported home.
[19:32] * Koizumi feels her way out, using her cane.
[19:33] <Koizumi> (and possibly whacking Alaric in the knees)
[19:33] <Ataru> (11 hours later...)
[19:33] <Yarrow> Actually, the power description says 1 day at your rank, but I'll let it slide this time.
[19:34] <Yarrow> Mai: "Welcome back, Xui-Fei. How did it go?"
[19:34] <Xui-Fei> "well enought"
[19:34] <Yarrow> Mai: "Good."
[19:35] <Yarrow> Toast is not in your suite.
[19:35] <Xui-Fei> "got in...got what we needed found out they left and was targeting the buliding....Toast is missing"
[19:35] * Sophia just sits down, dropping her transformation and wondering what exactly to do.
[19:36] * Sophia is now known as Valery
[19:36] * Alaric stomps his way back to his own room and steals first shower.
[19:36] <Ataru> (nap)
[19:36] <Yarrow> Mai nods. "What are you going to do now?"
[19:37] <Xui-Fei> "honestly I'm not sure..."
[19:39] <Yarrow> Mai: "You look like you could use a shower."
[19:40] * Koizumi isn't precisely certain where to head.
[19:40] <Alaric> (fortunately, we're all telepathic and know it)
[19:42] <Yarrow> Koizumi wanders around uncertainly by Xui-Fei and Mai.
[19:43] <Xui-Fei> "I probably do," he says agreeing with her, "though I'm too high strung to take one"]
[19:43] <Yarrow> Mai cocks her head. "I'm not really sure how that works."
[19:44] <Yarrow> Dizzy walks onto the roof. "Where's Alaric?"
[19:44] <Yarrow> She looks around.
[19:44] * Xui-Fei blinks "he headed in the last I check"
[19:44] <Ataru> (discovering the uses of a detachable shower head)
[19:45] <Yarrow> Dizzy frowns. "Keiko returned while you were out. I sent her to the park like we agreed."
[19:45] * Koizumi finds a nice, quiet place to sit.
[19:47] <Xui-Fei> "great found one and misplaced anohter" he says
[19:47] <Yarrow> Dizzy: "I'll go tell Alaric."
[19:47] <Yarrow> She goes inside.
[19:48] <Ataru> (God damn it)
[19:48] <Ataru> (that's just mean spirited)
[19:48] <Yarrow> (Sorry, but having her come by when the party was there would take even longer.)
[19:51] <Ataru> (there's always 12 hours later -_-)
[19:52] <Yarrow> Mai, to Xui-Fei: "If it'll help, I can scrub your back while you take a shower."
[19:52] <Yarrow> She smiles faintly.
[19:52] * Xui-Fei blinks
[19:52] <Yarrow> "It's not like I'd take any liberties like I am now."
[19:52] <Valery> (Doomed, Xui. You're doomed.)
[19:54] <Xui-Fei> "that's fine," he says with a shrug
[19:54] <Yarrow> Mai: "Ok."
[19:54] <Xui-Fei> (and cue jealous Jake and Chance)
[19:55] <Yarrow> They seem to have gone inside while you were talking.
[19:55] <Yarrow> Xui-Fei and Mai walk inside, leaving Koizumi alone on the roof.
[19:56] <Yarrow> All right. We'll skip ahead until someone does something noteworthy. When will that be? (Quiet, Ataru.)
[19:58] <Yarrow> Alaric, Valery, Xui-Fei, Koizumi? What are you going to do that's worth playing out and when are you doing it?
[19:58] <Koizumi> Koi would only try and find a comfortable place to sleep, nothing note worthy in that.
[19:58] <Valery> (Well... hm. We'd probably want to check out Keiko, but OOC I don't want to make Ataru miss ALL the session)
[19:59] <Yarrow> She just woke up about 4-6 hours ago.
[19:59] <Koizumi> (and after all that just went on, a nap isn't order?)
[20:00] <Valery> (And there's checking the AIs, but again I don't want Ataru to miss everything...)
[20:00] <Yarrow> She can nap/rest if she wants.
[20:00] <Yarrow> Well, it doesn't make sense for you to just do *nothing* for the next day.
[20:00] <Koizumi> Once her 'sight' is back up and running, an exploration of the building might be in order, but until then.
[20:01] <Yarrow> It's early afternoon.
[20:04] * Koizumi (~dorin_rah@dpc6745120147.direcpc.com) Quit (Connection reset by peer)
[20:04] * Xui-Fei will actually get some practice in if there is a decent workout gym
[20:04] <Yarrow> Xui-Fei finds a gym after his shower. Mai doesn't seem to have any sexuality whatsoever to her.
[20:05] <Yarrow> Ok. Five minute break.
[20:05] * Koizumi (~dorin_rah@dpc6745120147.direcpc.com) has joined #cte
[20:05] <Xui-Fei> (well being dead would be one way to kill a sex drive)
[20:05] <Yarrow> Five minute break, Koi.
[20:05] <Koizumi> mmk
[20:06] <Yarrow> I will want some course of action from at least Val & Alaric for mid-afternoon. If you really think it makes sense to just chill out and relax, that's fine, but if you think there's something they'd be doing, I want to know.
[20:07] <Alaric> When Alaric gets out of the shower, he'll take around half an hour to lie down soemwhere and stare at the ceiling, before trying to corral everyone.
[20:07] <Alaric> (Dunno how we'll handle Keiko, by rights we should go fetch her now.)
[20:09] <Valery> Yeah... only really sensible option.
[20:10] <Valery> Just that I don't like leaving Ataru out of it for the rest of THIS session too...
[20:12] <Yarrow> Understood. But doing nothing just doesn't make sense. I will try to make anything you do go quickly, and it wouldn't be completely unreasonable to wait for Keiko to come back when she doesn't find you there.
[20:14] <Valery> True, but if we're not dealing with Keiko, we'd probably be checking out the AIs eventually... Sorry, Ataru.
[20:14] <Yarrow> That's fine. I have plans for that. I don't have plans for you doing *nothing* though.
[20:15] <Valery> Heh.
[20:15] <Yarrow> All right. Shall we resume?
[20:15] <Alaric> I'm here
[20:16] * Alaric will try to rustle everyone up, around an hour after we landed.
[20:16] <Valery> (I'm about)
[20:17] * Valery will be gathered easily enough.
[20:17] * Koizumi won't hard to find, napping on the roof and all, it seems.
[20:17] <Yarrow> Since the comm system works within the building, you manage to gather everyone easily enough. After touching base with everyone, you decide to meet over a meal/snack.
[20:17] * Valery will have snagged a shower after Alaric left the room.
[20:17] <Valery> (Er... actually, come to think of it, maybe not getting into that just yet :P )
[20:17] <Ataru> (toast finds this website very dissapointing http://www.ferrethandjobs.com/)
[20:18] <Yarrow> Unless you want privacy, it'll take place in the cafeteria.
[20:19] <Yarrow> Either way, you're all assembled at a table. No one orders any toast. It just feeels wrong.
[20:20] * Koizumi sits quietly, leaning her chin in her hands.
[20:20] * Xui-Fei heads in after the com summons
[20:20] <Yarrow> Mai takes a seat at the table with the rest of you. She just gets a glass of water with a mint leaf in it and idly stirs it with her straw.
[20:21] <Alaric> (good idea, her breath must be getting pretty nasty after a couple days of being dead)
[20:21] <Alaric> (Cafeteria is fine by Alaric)
[20:21] <Alaric> (he's got minimal understanding of operational security and all that ;p )
[20:22] <Yarrow> She doesn't actually drink any, though. Come to think of it, she hasn't had much of a scent. Certainly no odor of decay.
[20:22] <Alaric> to Mai, "If you don't mind me asking.. do you require sustenance of any sort? Or rather, do you perceive any need for such?"
[20:23] <Yarrow> Mai, in her usual slightly dull voice: "No, I haven't required food, drink, or rest since I died. I don't get tired or even bored, really."
[20:23] <Alaric> humorously, "I'm not sold on that last one."
[20:24] <Alaric> "I've never found mint leaves that entertaining.. but maybe it's just me."
[20:24] <Yarrow> Mai: "Well, it's true I'd rather do something interesting than not, but I'm fine with just standing in place for hours until Xui-Fei gets back."
[20:24] <Alaric> (was that sarcasm?)
[20:24] * Valery blinks. "You... stayed there?"
[20:24] * Alaric takes a moment to try to figure out if she's serious.
[20:24] <Yarrow> It does not seem to be sarcasm.
[20:25] <Yarrow> And she was quite possibly standing in the same place and pose as when you left.
[20:25] * Koizumi lips twitch at that. Slightly..unnerved.
[20:25] <Alaric> (I suppose it'd be in poor taste to pun about her deadpan voice)
[20:26] <Koizumi> "Well, she is...in a rather unique state of being right now"
[20:26] * Alaric looks at Mai rather seriously for a moment, growing concerned, then looks over at Valery.
[20:27] <Yarrow> She unblinkingly meets Alaric's gaze.
[20:27] * Alaric looks away with some hesitation in evidence.
[20:27] <Yarrow> The length of time she goes without blinking makes your eyes start to water.
[20:27] * Alaric tries to change teh topic.
[20:28] <Alaric> "... Val.. Valery? I owe you an appology for my earlier rudeness."
[20:28] <Alaric> "While I disagree strenuously with the decision to engage that droid in battle at that time, my response was unnecessarily unfriendly."
[20:28] * Valery looks down. "No... it's okay... I should have been more careful..."
[20:28] * DCG (~PyroRaven@c-76-16-35-29.hsd1.il.comcast.net) Quit (Ping timeout)
[20:29] <Yarrow> Jake: "Yeah, Val, that was a real bonehead manuever."
[20:30] * Valery just nods quietly.
[20:32] * Koizumi doesn't say anything, wincing at this Jake's reply.
[20:32] <Yarrow> Jake: "I mean it's one thing to stand and fight in that flying coffin when you have a good reason, but..."
[20:32] <Yarrow> She shrugs.
[20:33] <Alaric> "...let's just be a little more conservative in the future..?"
[20:33] * Alaric looks at Valery to see how she feels about that.
[20:33] * Valery nods. "Yeah... you're right."
[20:34] <Yarrow> Chance: "So, now that we've addressed the past, what of the future?"
[20:34] * Alaric looks over at Chance.
[20:35] * DCG (~PyroRaven@c-76-16-35-29.hsd1.il.comcast.net) has joined #cte
[20:35] * ChanServ sets mode: +oa DCG DCG
[20:35] <Alaric> "Good question.. for my part, I believe we need to plan more. A *lot* more."
[20:35] <Alaric> "Unfortunately, we have a situation on our hands which requires prompt response, namely Keiko."
[20:35] <Yarrow> Chance: "That would be ideal, but to plan, we need intelligence. As in data, that is."
[20:35] <Valery> "Yeah... we didn't really have any clue what Toast was going to do after he finished..."
[20:35] * RZ_[AFK] is now known as RZ_[Zzzz]
[20:35] * Alaric nods at Chance.
[20:35] * Valery blinks. "Keiko came back?"
[20:35] <Alaric> "There's that, but we can at least make a token effort.. something as simple as, 'everyone heads back to the chopper'."
[20:36] <Alaric> "And yes, 'keiko' returned. As we have no way of ascertaining whether it is truely her, on my request, Dizzy send 'keiko' to Toast's park to meet up with us."
[20:37] * Alaric speaks pointedly, the apostrophes around the keikos are quite audible.
[20:37] * Valery nods. "Well... at least she went along with it..."
[20:38] <Alaric> "There is that."
[20:38] * Alaric looks around.. what's the mood of the cafeteria?
[20:39] <Yarrow> Jake: "I say we wait for her to come back. It's been hours since she left, right? So, if we go after her, it'd be pretty easy to miss her if she heads back here when she doesn't find us."
[20:39] * Valery purses her lips, and nods. "If it's the real her, hopefully she's okay..."
[20:40] * Koizumi keeps her ears open to this, but says nothing.
[20:41] <Yarrow> Jake: "And having her come back while we're away is what we were trying to avoid in the first place."
[20:42] * Alaric looks like he's swallowed something bitter.
[20:42] <Alaric> "...those are accurate assessments."
[20:43] * Xui-Fei listens on keeping quiet
[20:43] <Alaric> "Which nonetheless leave me doubting whether it is appropriate for Senshi to throw eight year olds under the bus, so to speak."
[20:43] <Yarrow> Chance: "We tried to keep her here where it was safe."
[20:43] <Valery> "Ugh... well... she's tough, so hopefully she's okay, but..."
[20:43] <Xui-Fei> "wasn't Chibi-Moon around Keiko's age whens she first took the mantle?" he asks, "least that's what the histories said"
[20:44] <Yarrow> Retcon that. You've never heard of Sailor Moon or Chibi Moon.
[20:44] <Xui-Fei> (then I say nothing then)
[20:45] <Xui-Fei> (I thought that was common knowledge)
[20:45] <Yarrow> Chance: "And it'd be far worse if a murderous clone with the power of a senshi got loose in here."
[20:45] * Valery shivers. "Yeah. We... really can't risk that."
[20:46] <Alaric> with some conviction, "You're right, Chance."
[20:46] <Yarrow> Loki's voice: "Of course, having an active AI in control of the place would reduce that risk to some extent."
[20:46] * Alaric damned near falls out of his seat when Loki speaks up.
[20:46] <Yarrow> Mai cocks her head and looks with some interest at the crescent moon floating over the middle of the table.
[20:46] <Koizumi> "Gah!"
[20:47] * Koizumi near jumps out of her skin.
[20:47] * Alaric hisses softly, ears laid back, before catching himself and returning to a more normal demeanor.
[20:47] <Yarrow> Jake and Chance fall out of their seats.
[20:47] * Alaric looks directly at Loki.
[20:47] <Alaric> "How *DO* you do that?"
[20:47] <Yarrow> Loki: "It's my nature."
[20:47] <Alaric> "Are you invisible until you show yourself, or not there, or hwat?
[20:47] * Valery jerks suddenly, and smiles. "That's... really startling, Loki-san."
[20:47] <Alaric> irked, "And your nature is?"
[20:48] <Yarrow> Loki: "Yes."
[20:49] <Yarrow> Loki: "As fascinating a topic as I am, I think you should know that it may take some time for an AI to become fully aclimated to a new system and activate."
[20:49] <Yarrow> Loki: "So, if time is an issue, you might want to install at least one of those AIs you worked so hard to acquire."
[20:49] * Alaric gets a somewhat hostile look on his face and starts to retort, before thinking better of it.
[20:50] * Alaric looks over at Valery.
[20:50] <Alaric> "Have you observed any anomalies in the equipment around you in the last hour?"
[20:50] <Valery> "Ah... no, not lately, though we've kept them in the boxes so far..."
[20:51] * Alaric nods.
[20:51] <Alaric> "Just checking.."
[20:51] <Alaric> "...Loki may have a point."
[20:51] <Alaric> "If these really are our designated 'upgrades', we had best make use of them promptly."
[20:51] <Yarrow> Loki: "If you really wish to discuss me later, I'll try to oblige you."
[20:52] * Alaric looks back to Loki.
[20:53] <Alaric> "I'd appreciate it.."
[20:53] <Alaric> somewhat humorously, "Anything to alleviate the paranoia, you know."
[20:53] * Valery nods. "Let's see... first we should check out the control room of this building and see if there's a place to install one..."
[20:54] <Alaric> somewhat quietly, "Do you think it would even be worth our effort to plan against the possibility of the AI being immediately hostile?"
[20:54] <Yarrow> Loki: "Oh, yes. I recalled another device you might want and retrieved it on the way out."
[20:54] <Alaric> somewhat quietly, "If we blow this, and this complex is lost to us, well.. we will be thin on options indeed."
[20:55] <Koizumi> "Then be extra careful"
[20:55] <Yarrow> He fades until only his crescent moon remains. The crescent spins once and a small device appears on the table.
[20:55] <Alaric> (Loki: "My pattented stoat squasher. Fully automated, scent-triggered, guaranteed to pummel and pulverize any being of the mustidae genus attempting to mark your belongings.")
[20:55] * Valery blinks. "Ah... you did? Thank you, Loki-san..."
[20:55] <Yarrow> It appears to be an adapter that takes an AI cube in one end and has a standard interface connector on the other.
[20:55] * Xui-Fei twchies
[20:56] * Valery rubs her temples. "If it's immediately hostile, we could at least take it out, the problem is if it doesn't show that it is..."
[20:56] <RZ_[Zzzz]> (Could be worse, the AI could be Leopardo. :P)
[20:57] <Yarrow> (Valery installs an AI in the building. Suddenly he realizes he accidentally grabbed Odango-tan instead of Eve. Somehow, the building trips and falls over.)
[20:57] * Valery reaches out to take the adaptor, examining it. "That'll be useful, if there isn't an AI linkup downstairs..."
[20:57] * Alaric empties the various communications equipment from his Inventory onto the table.
[20:57] <Yarrow> Loki reappears once the adapter is out of the way.
[20:57] * Alaric examines it -- does any of it have a connector socket that matches the connector on the item Loki just dropped off?
[20:58] <Valery> (I think she meant a standard interface, ie we could hook it into more or less anything :P )
[20:58] <Yarrow> They do have standard interface connectors, but they're male, like the one on the cube reader.
[20:59] <Xui-Fei> (to laymans terms Plug and Play)
[20:59] <Yarrow> So, it seems the other equipment is accessories.
[20:59] <Yarrow> Rather than computer systems unto themselves.
[20:59] <Alaric> "Hmm."
[20:59] * Alaric shovels them back into Inventory.
[21:00] <Alaric> "Well... we might as well roll the dice, we have few enough good options.. and we need to do SOMETHING to improve the security of this installation, especially in our abscence."
[21:00] <Yarrow> roll 2d6
[21:00] <Roll-chan> Yarrow rolled 2d6 --> [ 2d6=12 ]{12}
[21:00] <Yarrow> (Well, that's a good sign.)
[21:00] * Valery nods, standing up. "I suppose it's time to go downstairs, unless anyone's still eating...?"
[21:00] * Koizumi waits quietly for the reaction. Unable to do more than listen
[21:01] <Yarrow> Jake: "Unless you want to do Metel first?"
[21:01] <Xui-Fei> "anytime"
[21:01] <Alaric> "Good idea."
[21:01] <Alaric> "Excellent idea, in fact."
[21:01] <Yarrow> No one is in cooldown any more, btw.
[21:02] <Alaric> "Metel should be more manageable.. and Lilith, the more dangerous of the two AIs."
[21:02] <Alaric> "... or so I hope."
[21:02] * Alaric looks at Valery.
[21:02] <Alaric> "Any objection to doing Metel first?"
[21:03] * Valery purses her lips, and nods. "I was just thinking we would have to check if there's even an interface downstairs, but you're right."
[21:03] * Alaric stands up.
[21:03] <Yarrow> Jake and Chance rise.
[21:04] <Yarrow> Jake: "Well, let's get to it, then."
[21:04] <Alaric> "Well, if there isn't an interface, then this obviously wasn't the upgrade we were meant to retrieve, and it's a moot point."
[21:04] * Alaric starts for the Chopper.
[21:04] <Yarrow> Chance: "Well, the adapter would let us install it even without one."
[21:05] * Valery nods. "Yeah... hm. I wonder if we could make other uses of that..."
[21:05] <Yarrow> Is anyone not going up to Metel?
[21:05] <Alaric> (Keiko: "oooh! oooh! Meeeee!")
[21:06] <Yarrow> Ok, you all head up to Metel to be close at hand to the gunship when the untested AI is installed.
[21:06] <Valery> (Whee!)
[21:07] <Yarrow> Going to stick the cube in the matching interface, Val?
[21:07] <Alaric> "I suppose we'd best be ready for the worst.."
[21:07] <Koizumi> (we're all gonna die!)
[21:07] <Alaric> "Nietzsche.. Nihilist power.. Make-up!"
[21:07] * Alaric transforms, and stands ready to fuck some shit up should it be necessary.
[21:08] * Alaric is now known as Sailor_Nietzsche
[21:08] * Xui-Fei nods transforming as well, "Mjollnir Star Power Make Up!"
[21:08] * Xui-Fei is now known as Sailor_Mjollnir
[21:08] * Koizumi remains well back.
[21:08] * Valery sets Lilith in.
[21:08] <Yarrow> There's a brief light show on the roof and Valery inserts the Lilith cube.
[21:09] <Yarrow> Gauges and displays twitch and flicker for a couple of seconds before everything goes dead.
[21:09] <Koizumi> "That sounds bad..."
[21:09] <Sailor_Mjollnir> "oh this isn't good"
[21:10] <Yarrow> You wait a while, but nothing else happens.
[21:10] * Valery purses her lips. "He DID tell us there would be some time required until it installs."
[21:10] <Koizumi> ("Try control, alt, delete?)
[21:11] <Ataru> (kick the dam thing)
[21:11] <Valery> "I guess she'll take some time to get ready."
[21:11] <Yarrow> (No, no... close all the windows, then...)
[21:11] <Valery> (Gotta get all her clothes and makeup on? :P )
[21:11] <Sailor_Mjollnir> "either that or she's a heavier sleeper than Sensei was"
[21:11] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "Hmm."
[21:11] <Yarrow> Loki: "Just because she's not active doesn't mean she's not recording."
[21:12] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "Does this thing have consoles it could communicate through?"
[21:12] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "speakers, or monitors?"
[21:12] <Yarrow> Metel's displays are all blank and dark.
[21:12] * Sailor_Nietzsche peers around.. and confirms what he was asking about.
[21:13] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "Never mind, obvious."
[21:13] * Sailor_Nietzsche stands still for a bit, then walks to the center of the helicopter, under the rotor housing.
[21:13] <Yarrow> Loki: "Well, I'm sure she'll let us know when she's awake."
[21:13] * Valery looks up. "Well... whenever you wake up, I'd like to say good morning, Lilith. I'm Valery."
[21:13] <Yarrow> Loki fades to just a crescent moon, and then that vanishes too.
[21:14] <Yarrow> More time passes with no response from Metel/Lilith and you decide you're not going anywhere for a while.
[21:14] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "And I would like to say, I am Sailor Nietzsche. Please do not attempt to take flight or fire weapons, or I'll have to take steps."
[21:15] <Sailor_Mjollnir> "Sailor Mjollnir," she says twirling her hammer, "same precaution"
[21:15] <Yarrow> Jake & Chance identify themselves as Metel's gunners.
[21:15] <Yarrow> And if you want to skip ahead now, you have good reason to with Metel out of commission.
[21:16] <Sailor_Mjollnir> (yup)
[21:16] * Valery takes a seat in the cockpit, straps in, and basically waits for something to happen (and might well fall asleep and get woken up when Lilith does :P )
[21:17] * Sailor_Nietzsche will wait.
[21:17] <Yarrow> Jake: "Uh, Val, you sure that's a good idea? What if she tosses and turns when she wakes up?"
[21:17] * Koizumi shrugs and sighs.
[21:17] * Sailor_Nietzsche stays in Senshi form.
[21:17] * Sailor_Mjollnir has nothing better to do
[21:17] <Yarrow> Hours pass.
[21:17] <Yarrow> You staying in senshi form all that time?
[21:17] <Ataru> (how many?)
[21:18] <Yarrow> Downtime could be a serious concern if you do.
[21:18] <Valery> "Well, I'm strapped in so I won't get thrown around, I'll just have to take control if she's not really coherent yet."
[21:18] * Sailor_Mjollnir Detransforms and waits
[21:18] * Sailor_Mjollnir is now known as Xui-Fei
[21:19] <Yarrow> And for Alaric, that means he won't be able to heal for an extended period.
[21:19] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (*nod*)
[21:19] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (he's got a day before he can heal half the party anyway)
[21:20] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (wait a sec, never mind, this is fucking stupid and will piss me off for like 3 gaming sessions to come)
[21:20] <Yarrow> True, but other people could get hurt. Though, you do have other healers in the place now.
[21:20] * Sailor_Nietzsche detransforms after an hour.
[21:20] <Yarrow> Night falls.
[21:20] * Sailor_Nietzsche is now known as Alaric
[21:20] <Yarrow> Jake & Chance go inside.
[21:20] <Yarrow> Mai stays by Xui-Fei.
[21:20] * Valery will probably have fallen asleep at some point.
[21:21] <Xui-Fei> (same)
[21:21] * Koizumi finds her way to a snack.
[21:22] * Ataru is now known as Toast
[21:26] * Alaric does his best to meditate on Death and all that other samurai shit he always ignored.
[21:26] <Alaric> (I'm assuming only the pop culture aspects of the samurai remain ;p )
[21:27] <Yarrow> Oh, yeah. :)
[21:27] * Valery will mostly be poking at the various things recovered (when awake), and will probably have asked for the add-ons Alaric's carrying around.
[21:27] <Yarrow> You can install those before Metel's active if you want.
[21:28] <Yarrow> Just a matter of hooking them up and activating the molecular bonds so they stick in strategic places around the cabin.
[21:28] * Alaric hands 'em over.
[21:29] * Valery does so after looking at 'em.
[21:29] <Alaric> "We should probably stick to the communication ones first, though."
[21:29] <Alaric> "And leave the telekinesis ones until we've spoken with her."
[21:29] <Valery> (How many sets are there? Just enough for one, or enough for multiple AI units?)
[21:29] * Valery shrugs. "Fair enough."
[21:29] <Yarrow> There's no real separation. They all do TK & holograms together.
[21:29] <Yarrow> There are 4 sets.
[21:30] * Valery sticks 'em all up then.
[21:30] <Yarrow> You stick them up during the night before falling asleep.
[21:31] <Yarrow> The three of you are awakened early in the morning by Mai's voice.
[21:31] <Alaric> (we just fall asleep like that?)
[21:31] <Yarrow> Mai: "Hello, Toast. I must say you're looking alive today."
[21:31] <Alaric> (if I can pull all-nighters and still go to work, a friggin' youma oughta be able to do it)
[21:31] <Alaric> (hell, any normal adult human can)
[21:31] <Valery> (Well, Val will catch naps since there's nothing ELSE to do and anything actually happening will wake 'em up anyway :P )
[21:31] <Toast> (I do it regularly)
[21:32] <Toast> "Morning."
[21:32] * Toast scratches the back of his head
[21:32] <Yarrow> Well, you're not fully asleep. More like just zoned out or dozing on and off.
[21:32] <Alaric> (can we just assume we sleep in shifts, since it's a lot less stupid than us all dozing off in a helicopter now controlled by a potentially hostile AI?)
[21:32] <Toast> "The weirdest thing happened."
[21:32] * Xui-Fei yawns...."the hell..."
[21:32] * Valery blinks, bleary-eyed. "... Am I... still dreaming...?"
[21:32] <Yarrow> And Mai was there with you.
[21:33] <Yarrow> If you want one of you to be awake at the moment, that's fine too.
[21:33] * Xui-Fei the suddenly comes fully awake, "not the pond again"
[21:33] <Alaric> (I'm fine being asleep then, I just don't want us to be that stupid about it ;p; )
[21:33] <Alaric> (even Alaric knows better)
[21:34] <Toast> "So, you guys find anything neat? And by neat, I mean anything that explodes real good."
[21:34] <Toast> "I saw what was left of that building."
[21:34] <Yarrow> Nothing was left of the building.
[21:34] <Yarrow> Not even rubble.
[21:34] <Toast> (a crater? a crater would count)
[21:34] <Valery> "Um... no, I'm afraid not... so..."
[21:35] <Toast> "Awww."
[21:35] * Valery smiles. "You're okay after all... where were you?"
[21:35] <Yarrow> A crater just means ground was destroyed in addition to the building. :)
[21:35] <Toast> "Uh, well, I was kind of dead, I think."
[21:35] <Toast> "But I got better!"
[21:35] <Yarrow> Mai: "How fortunate for you."
[21:35] <Valery> "You... got... better?"
[21:35] * Toast nods
[21:36] * Valery rubs her eyes. "How...?"
[21:37] * Alaric begins to wake up, blinking.
[21:37] <Toast> "Well, I guess I should probably start at the begining, right?"
[21:37] <Yarrow> Loki, from his perch atop a seat (he may have been there for hours, for all you know): "Dear Serenity, Project Vermin has been reactivated. Things must be even worse than I imagined."
[21:37] * Toast blinks
[21:37] <Toast> "Huh? Does that have anything to do with that weird movie I saw?"
[21:37] <Yarrow> Loki: "I surely wouldn't know."
[21:38] * Xui-Fei blinks, "is this something we should be worried about?"
[21:38] <Valery> "Project... what?"
[21:39] <Alaric> blearily, "Oh, hey.. welcome back, Toast."
[21:39] <Yarrow> Loki: "Project Vermin was a discontinued project that aimed to give common rodents human level intelligence and the abilities necessary to perform covert operations and various destructive activities."
[21:39] <Alaric> still a little out of it, to Loki, "You don't say.. sounds familiar."
[21:39] * Alaric looks over at Toast pointedly.
[21:39] <Valery> "Sounds... very... familiar."
[21:40] * Valery just kinda looks at Toast.
[21:40] <Valery> "Why was it discontinued?"
[21:40] * Xui-Fei blinks
[21:40] <Valery> ("Because they were a little too eager at those destructive activities.")
[21:40] <Yarrow> Loki: "It didn't get very far before people realized that the subjects were far more interested in destruction than covert operations--and that such a project was completely pointless, as there was no place to send the subjects."
[21:40] * Toast blinks
[21:41] <Toast> "I guess that explains a bit."
[21:41] <Valery> "Sounds... even more familiar.
[21:41] <Toast> "Especially that weird movie."
[21:41] <Valery> "Movie...?"
[21:41] <Toast> "Yeah, like I was saying."
[21:41] <Yarrow> Loki peers at Toast for a moment. "If I'm not mistaken, that's the initial subject right there. He was known informally as agent Double-Oh-No."
[21:41] * Xui-Fei blinks
[21:41] <Toast> (XD)
[21:41] <Xui-Fei> "Double Oh No?"
[21:42] <Toast> "Double Oh No?"
[21:42] <Xui-Fei> (so Oh Oh No)
[21:42] <Toast> (Not Dr. Double Oh No?)
[21:42] <Yarrow> Loki: "I believe he acquired that moniker after a certain incident with high explosives and the lab's rest room."
[21:42] <Xui-Fei> "considering the buliding you leveled that name fits"
[21:43] <Toast> "Wait... How'd you even recognize me, I'm a human right now!"
[21:43] <Xui-Fei> "the voice"
[21:43] <Toast> "And who are you, to boot?"
[21:43] <Alaric> "We've seen you human before.."
[21:44] * Alaric then catches on.
[21:44] * Valery (~miraclewo@CPE001346f5370f-CM0012c9ab5798.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com) Quit (Broken pipe)
[21:44] <Toast> "Not you guys, him!"
[21:44] <Alaric> "Oh, you mean Loki."
[21:44] <Xui-Fei> "yeah Loki...."
[21:44] <Yarrow> Loki: "I am Loki. As for how I recognized you..."
[21:44] * Valery (~miraclewo@CPE001346f5370f-CM0012c9ab5798.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com) has joined #cte
[21:44] <Valery> <Yarrow> Loki: "I believe he acquired that moniker after a certain incident with high explosives and the lab's rest room."
[21:44] <Valery> <Xui-Fei> "considering the buliding you leveled that name fits"
[21:44] <Valery> * Valery blinks. "That's... I'm not really sure I want to know..."
[21:44] <Valery> <Toast> "Wait... How'd you even recognize me, I'm a human right now!"
[21:44] <Valery> <Xui-Fei> "the voice"
[21:44] <Valery> <Toast> "And who are you, to boot?"
[21:44] <Valery> <Alaric> "We've seen you human before.."
[21:44] <Valery> * Disconnected
[21:44] <Valery> (What'd I miss?)
[21:44] <Alaric> "He's an artificial moon cat that followed us home from Upgrade tower. We're at least somewhat sure he's not out to get us."
[21:45] <Toast> "Artificial? So... I can eat him?"
[21:45] * Toast looks a little dissapointed
[21:45] <Valery> "You... probably wouldn't like the taste, Toast."
[21:45] <Alaric> "I don't think he'd go down smooth."
[21:45] * Valery just sweatdrops.
[21:45] <Koizumi> (black moon magic)
[21:45] <Xui-Fei> "besides his a crafty fellow
[21:45] <Yarrow> Loki: "I read your ID."
[21:45] <Toast> "My ID? But... I thought I didn't have one."
[21:45] * Toast looks puzzled
[21:47] <Yarrow> Loki: "Oh, the typical comm unit can't read it, but it's there for more sophisticated devices to see."
[21:47] <Yarrow> Loki: "But I see a normal comm unit right there on your belt, too."
[21:48] <Yarrow> (Make that 'around your neck')
[21:48] <Toast> (he does?)
[21:48] <Yarrow> Toast reaches up and realizes he *does* have a comm unit.
[21:49] * Valery blinks. "You... got an ID and a comm unit after coming back from death...?"
[21:49] <Toast> "Apparantly."
[21:49] <Yarrow> (That's one of your remaining treasure rolls, Toast.)
[21:49] <Toast> (a comm unit?)
[21:50] <Toast> (no fucking way)
[21:50] <Toast> (I found a SHITLOAD of working ones in my solo)
[21:50] <Toast> (I was using them for the majority of the bombs I detonated)
[21:50] <Yarrow> (Maybe it's more than a normal comm unit.)
[21:51] <Yarrow> Mai: "So, what happened to you, Toast?"
[21:52] <Toast> "Right, like I was saying."
[21:52] <Toast> "So, I was trying to rig a timer up for the bombs, and well, I'm still not used to these stupid fat human paws, and Ikindablewmyselfup."
[21:53] * Valery gasps. "Oh no..."
[21:53] <Toast> "And when I woke up, I was in this theatre, and there was this movie playing."
[21:53] <Toast> "There was this woman, she looked really, really familiar."
[21:53] <Valery> ("Your dedication to destruction is truly inspirational. You'll even destroy YOURSELF.")
[21:54] <Toast> "And she was experimenting on something, on a slab... I think it was me."
[21:54] <Alaric> "Creepy."
[21:55] <Toast> "She said something about me only being able to recreate my self a few times, unless I have something called "protoflesh" or fresh body parts form similarly sized rodents."
[21:55] <Yarrow> Mai: "A movie?"
[21:55] <Toast> "And then the credits rolled. It said something like... Hydrogym productions? Hydragyn? I don
[21:55] <Toast> 't remember too clearly."
[21:55] <Toast> "and then I woke up in a crater."
[21:56] * Valery blinks. "You have... very strange dreams."
[21:57] <Toast> (ooc, for the curious, it was "Hydragyrum" ;p)
[21:58] <Valery> (Heh)
[21:58] <Alaric> (Alaric: "You should begin breeding musk rats immediately.")
[21:58] * Xui-Fei raises an eyebrow
[21:59] <Alaric> "In any case.. welcome back. I'll keep my eye open for this 'protoflesh'..."
[21:59] <Alaric> (Have I ever heard of it?)
[21:59] <Toast> ("But I don't think I can breed with muskrats.")
[21:59] <Yarrow> (Toast eventually meets a female intelligent stoat who falls in love with him. "I'll give you my heart, Toast..." "I'll take it!")
[22:00] <Yarrow> You have not heard of protoflesh.
[22:00] <Alaric> "Though I've never heard of such a thing."
[22:00] <Alaric> "..wish we'd know of it, that 'upgrade' facility seemed like the sort of place that'd house sucha thing."
[22:01] <Alaric> "It was destroyed, by the way."
[22:01] <Alaric> "But we got our upgrade."
[22:01] * Valery nods. "We're just waiting for Lilith to install now."
[22:01] <Alaric> (We find out later that she's hung; too many bad sectors.)
[22:01] <Yarrow> (She can't contact the DRM server.)
[22:02] <Toast> "Lillith?"
[22:02] <Xui-Fei> "AI for the Metel
[22:02] <Yarrow> Jake and Chance come up onto the roof and into Metel.
[22:03] <Yarrow> Jake: "Hey, you're not dead, Toast!"
[22:03] * Valery smiles, nodding. "Yeah... he... um... got better."
[22:03] <Yarrow> Jake: "Cool."
[22:04] <Yarrow> Jake: "So, did you guys spend all night in this little cabin?"
[22:04] <Alaric> "Pretty much."
[22:04] <Alaric> "Caugh a few hours sleep each."
[22:05] <Yarrow> Jake: "Well, if you guys want to stretch your legs, get breakfast, use the bathroom, we can take over for you."
[22:06] <Yarrow> (Xui-Fei: "Nah, we've been using the little cooler in the back." Valery: "What?!")
[22:06] <Koizumi> (lol)
[22:06] * Valery covers a yawn as she unbuckles and stands up. "Yeah... I'm kind of hungry right now... thanks, guys."
[22:07] <Yarrow> Chance shakes her head. "I remember the days long ago when little Valery used to be a boy."
[22:07] <Yarrow> Chance: "But now he's bloomed into a lovely young woman."
[22:07] <Toast> "I'm kind of hungry too."
[22:07] <Alaric> "Mmm.. a couple of us should probably stick around, in case something untoward develops."
[22:07] <Alaric> "...but I wouldn't mind breakfast."
[22:07] * Alaric looks over at Toast.
[22:07] * Valery blinkblinks at Chance.
[22:07] <Alaric> "I cannot help but imagine that returning from the grave builds a healthy apetite."
[22:08] * Alaric then chuckles at Chance's comment about Valery.
[22:08] * Alaric looks over at Valery.
[22:08] <Yarrow> Jake: "I'm sure Dizzy would be more than happy to send something up--for you, Alaric."
[22:08] <Yarrow> She grins.
[22:08] <Alaric> "You *have* spent most of your time on the distaff side.. it's working out for you?"
[22:09] * Valery looks down at herself, and shrugs.
[22:09] * Xui-Fei nods "thanks Jake" and heads out to strech his legs...and then get some sleep on a proper bed
[22:10] * Alaric looks over to Jake, with no response from Val apparently forthcoming.
[22:10] <Alaric> "I should look in on Dizzy.. perhaps make her breakfast for a change."
[22:11] <Alaric> "She's been quite busy, you know."
[22:11] <Yarrow> Jake: "Sounds like a plan, doc. But not when you need to stay up here."
[22:11] <Toast> "Is that something you humans do to show interest in mounting? Provide food? Makes sense."
[22:11] * Alaric looks down at Toast.
[22:11] <Valery> (Well, there was a shrug :P )
[22:12] <Yarrow> ("Who are you calling human, stoat?")
[22:12] <Alaric> "I suppose humans do that, yes. I've been told they do it for other reasons as well."
[22:12] * Alaric looks over at Jake.
[22:12] <Alaric> "What do you think?"
[22:12] * Alaric plays the joke straight.
[22:13] <Yarrow> Jake: "Oh, sure. Plenty of reasons."
[22:14] <Alaric> "Hmm.. but yes, I suppose I ought to stick around, since Xui-Fei is catching a nap."
[22:14] <Alaric> (and Koizumi presumably is as well)
[22:15] <Xui-Fei> (I'll be back shortly)
[22:15] <Alaric> (what time is it, btw?)
[22:15] <Alaric> (still night, dawn, early morning, late morning?)
[22:16] <Yarrow> It's a bit after dawn.
[22:16] * Xui-Fei rushes back in, "Guys we got trouble"
[22:16] * Toast heads down or food
[22:16] * Xui-Fei is holding a note
[22:17] <Xui-Fei> (anyone still in here)
[22:17] * Valery looks up. "Eh? More?"
[22:17] <Valery> (I apparently didn't get the chance to head down before you rushed back up :P )
[22:17] <Alaric> (heh)
[22:17] <Xui-Fei> "two more at the most first they seem to know our transport and second there's more surivors"
[22:17] <Yarrow> Alaric, Valery, Jake, Chance, Toast, Loki, & Mai are still there.
[22:18] * Xui-Fei looks at the note and reads aloud the second part "A group of survivors is at 75 Ecstasy Way. They'll be discovered soon"
[22:18] <Alaric> "Who knows our transport, and where?"
[22:18] <Xui-Fei> "I think the Droids"
[22:18] * Valery 's eyes widen. "Say that again, what's the whole note?"
[22:18] <Alaric> "Who's it from?"
[22:18] <Toast> "where's the note from?"
[22:19] <Xui-Fei> "some one named '-B'"
[22:19] <Xui-Fei> (says it at Minus B)
[22:19] <Valery> "May I see the note?"
[22:19] * Xui-Fei nods handing it to Valery
[22:19] * Valery reads.
[22:19] <Yarrow> The note reads:
[22:19] <Yarrow> "1) They're looking for your helicopter now.
[22:19] <Yarrow> 2) A group of survivors is at 75 Ecstasy Way. They'll be discovered soon
[22:19] <Yarrow> -B"
[22:19] <Toast> "where did you find it?
[22:19] <Xui-Fei> (I copied your words to Val in PM Yarrow)
[22:20] <Yarrow> The '-B' is there as a signature.
[22:20] <Yarrow> I'm sure it'll be passed around, so I figured I'd let everyone see it.
[22:20] <Xui-Fei> "it found me I was standing outside on the roof and this note as a paper airplain homed in on me
[22:20] <Alaric> "B.. B... well, that's not Keiko."
[22:20] <Alaric> (obviously it's Bartleby)
[22:20] * Valery taps her cheek. "Well... we have an ally of some form, hopefully. Okay..."
[22:21] <Yarrow> (the scrivener?)
[22:21] <Alaric> "If they're not an ally, and they know our location and disposition.. well.. I prefer to believe them friendly."
[22:21] <Xui-Fei> (either that or it's Chibi-Usa)
[22:21] <Alaric> (the Gregori)
[22:21] <Xui-Fei> (remember Usagi means rabbit/bunny)
[22:22] <Valery> "Where's 75 Ecstacy?"
[22:22] <Valery> "We'll need to check a map."
[22:22] * Xui-Fei pulls it up on the map of his ESC
[22:22] * Toast detransforms into stoat form
[22:22] * Toast sniffs the note
[22:22] <Yarrow> The ESC is functioning normally again.
[22:22] <Alaric> (with area knowledge 3, would I know the answer/)
[22:22] <Yarrow> Toast notices he still has a comm unit around his neck in stoat form.
[22:23] <Toast> "Huh, well that's useful."
[22:23] <Xui-Fei> (yeah but our map actually lables the street names
[22:23] * Toast will check out the com a bit after getting a good idea of the scent on the paper
[22:24] <Yarrow> The ESC reveals that 75 Ecstasy Way is about 2 km southeast of your current location.
[22:24] <Yarrow> The paper smells faintly of leather.
[22:24] <Alaric> "Crap.. if we have to go, with Lilith still warming up.. we should probably defuel and disarm Metel."
[22:25] * Valery nods. "I guess that'd be a good idea... we can't take Metel without Lilith ready anyway..."
[22:25] * Alaric looks over at Jake and Chance.
[22:25] <Alaric> "Can you two handle it without us?"
[22:25] * Alaric yawns.
[22:25] <Valery> "Xui, do you have a floor plan? We... almost lost Toast because we weren't planning well, we need to fix that."
[22:26] <Yarrow> Jake: "Um, I'm not sure what you're asking us."
[22:26] <DCG> (did you install anything?)
[22:26] <Alaric> "Well, they do that in the movies, right? When you want to keep someone form chasing you in a car, you take out the fuel."
[22:26] <Valery> (Lilith, we're waiting for her to start up :P )
[22:26] <Yarrow> Jake: "Oh, you're asking if we can disconnect the power."
[22:26] <Alaric> "And if you think they might shoot you, you sneak out their bullets."
[22:26] <Alaric> "Um.. yeah."
[22:27] * Alaric looks a little sheepish.
[22:27] <Toast> "Huh, the note kind of smells like leather.'
[22:27] <Yarrow> Jake: "Um... Isn't the computer powered by the same cells as the rest of Metel?"
[22:27] * Xui-Fei looks up, "ok it's 2 kilometers south east of here"
[22:27] <Yarrow> She looks questioningly at Val.
[22:27] <Alaric> to Val, "Would it matter? Won't do much good to have Metel up and fly off while we're gone."
[22:28] <Yarrow> Jake: "No, but if it is and we take out the cells, wouldn't that crash Lilith mid-install?"
[22:28] * Valery purses her lips. "Take MOST of the fuel out, leave some in. The generator doesn't take even a hundredth of the amount that actually flying does."
[22:29] <Alaric> "Whatever, it's your call Valery."
[22:29] <Xui-Fei> "ok I can bring up scematics" he says, "it's not gonna be a fun hike back but we need to be able to move fast and quiet"
[22:29] <Alaric> "That sounds sensible enough."
[22:29] * Alaric looks over to Xui-Fei.
[22:29] <Toast> (and after a crash or two, lillith becomes shodan)
[22:30] <Xui-Fei> "Doc we are gonna be on foot in the open for 2 km, either we move quick or we die out there, once we get the surivors we might have to slow down to guard them"
[22:31] * Valery nods. "Just leave one fuel cell in."
[22:31] <Alaric> "Yes, this will be troublesome."
[22:32] <Alaric> (does this city have subways?)
[22:32] <Yarrow> Sure. Two solos went through them.
[22:32] <Alaric> (or storm drains?)
[22:32] <Xui-Fei> (where do you think you picked me up from)
[22:32] <Xui-Fei> (and also subways is more of a bottle neck)
[22:32] <Alaric> "Perhaps a more roundabout approach would be beneficial. Subway.. storm drains.. anything that doesn't involve being above ground with large numbers of more or less defenseless people."
[22:33] <Valery> "Hm... if we're above ground, though, we have some chance of calling in air support."
[22:33] <Alaric> "What air support?"
[22:33] <Alaric> "Counting on it magically materializing in the next twenty minutes seems.. improbable."
[22:33] <Valery> "If Metel starts up in that time, at least."
[22:34] <Yarrow> The elevator doors open and Dizzy arrives with coffee, breakfast, and another item.
[22:34] <Xui-Fei> "while the subway system would be a good idea if not for the fact its a bottle neck"
[22:34] <DCG> (need more Firepower on metal, thats all)
[22:34] * Xui-Fei speaks from experence
[22:34] <Yarrow> Dizzy: "Good morning. Oh, Toast, you're back. It's good to see you."
[22:34] * Valery waves slightly to Dizzy.
[22:35] <Yarrow> She places a portable table in Metel and sets up breakfast.
[22:35] * Toast waves, then goes back to checking out the com
[22:35] <Valery> "... Below ground, Alaric-san is right. Their artillery comes from above, so there's a good chance they might be watching..."
[22:35] * Alaric warms up as soon as Dizzy shows up.
[22:35] <Alaric> "Good morning.. thanks again, Dizzy, you're a lifesaver!"
[22:35] * Alaric quickly fetches some breakfast.
[22:35] <Valery> "If it's a bottleneck... four senshi might be able to punch through it."
[22:35] <Yarrow> Dizzy smiles.
[22:35] * Valery smiles, nodding. "Thank you, Dizzy-san."
[22:36] <Alaric> "nnnf.. you've gotta.. nnf... point about the... nnf... bottleneck."
[22:36] <Yarrow> Dizzy: "I have something special for you, Xui-Fei!"
[22:36] <Xui-Fei> "it's not the artillery I'm worried about it's there droid patrols down there"
[22:36] * Alaric talks over something breakfasty to Xui-Fei.
[22:36] * Xui-Fei blinks "eh?"
[22:36] <Yarrow> Jake, Chance, & Mai eye Dizzy warily.
[22:36] * Alaric then looks over to Dizzy, curious.
[22:36] * Valery shakes her head. "If they spot us from above, it's all over either way. A bottleneck we can at least move through."
[22:36] <Yarrow> Dizzy holds up the item. It appears to be a wide armband of some sort.
[22:36] * Valery blinks, watching Dizzy.
[22:37] <Alaric> (Dizzy: "It's a Protoss psiblade.")
[22:37] <Yarrow> Dizzy: "*This* is an ESC enhancement pack. When hooked up to an ESC, it can manually or automatically administer healing or enhancement drugs to the wearer."
[22:37] * Xui-Fei blinks, "thanks Diz"
[22:38] <Yarrow> ("Aw, man! Why does *Xui-Fei* get drugs? Where are ours?")
[22:38] <Xui-Fei> (ok why am I viewing this ESC now acting like the computer from Fallout 3)
[22:38] <Toast> (pipboy!)
[22:39] <Xui-Fei> (yay guiniepig Xui)
[22:39] <Toast> (pipboy is the shit)
[22:39] <Yarrow> (Dizzy: "It's fresh out of R&D!")
[22:39] <Yarrow> (Everyone takes 1 giant step back from Xui-Fei.)
[22:39] * Xui-Fei nods aceepting the addon before looking where to plug it in
[22:40] <Alaric> "Good call.. Xui-Fei's been our front line, and he's taken the worst of the fights we've had."
[22:40] <Yarrow> Xui-Fei puts it on and hooks it up to the ESC, which recognizes the add-on.
[22:40] <Valery> "I suppose given how often Xui-san has been stabbed it might be a good idea..."
[22:41] * Xui-Fei falters, "uh thanks for reminding me"
[22:42] <Alaric> "If you don't mind me asking, where'd you pick this up?"
[22:42] <Alaric> a little eagerly, "was there some cache we missed?"
[22:43] <Yarrow> Dizzy: "Someone found it among the hospital supplies. We didn't see that much else of interest."
[22:43] <Valery> "Ahhh... nobody else has an ESC?"
[22:43] <Yarrow> Dizzy: "I'm afraid not."
[22:44] <Alaric> "Too much to hope for, I suppose."
[22:44] <Yarrow> Dizzy: "Anyone else with one on was probably out doing emergency services things, and, well..."
[22:44] * Alaric looks a little downcast at that.
[22:44] <Alaric> "Yeah."
[22:44] <Yarrow> Dizzy makes a face indicating that such missions probably didn't end well.
[22:44] <Alaric> "That's something to keep our eyes open for, though.. ambulances will have supplies these people will need sooner or later."
[22:45] <Xui-Fei> "yeah these things can be used for communication as well as a map and accessing bulding functions"
[22:45] * Valery nods.
[22:45] <Xui-Fei> "least if we can find some more we could split up and be able to communicate with eachother"
[22:46] <Toast> (why am I picturing a droid using an ambulance radio to send the message "send more paramedics"
[22:46] <Alaric> (because it's what you'd do in a game to rack up kills)
[22:46] <Yarrow> (Not really necessary when they took out all the hospitals.)
[22:47] <Yarrow> Dizzy firmly encourages anyone not eating to do so (Mai excepted).
[22:48] * Alaric needs no encouragement.
[22:48] * Valery will eat a bit.
[22:48] <Alaric> (hmm.. how much more do you plan to hit this evening?)
[22:49] <Alaric> "..but getting back to before.."
[22:49] * Alaric speaks in between bites.
[22:49] <Alaric> "Droid we can fight."
[22:49] <Yarrow> Not much more. I was planning to end in the next 10 minutes or so, but if you want to stop sooner, that's fine.
[22:49] * Xui-Fei nods and does eat some breakfast"
[22:49] <Alaric> "..nnf.. orbital bombardment we can't."
[22:49] <Alaric> (eh, 10 minutes is fine ;p )
[22:49] <Alaric> (I just gotta do some crap for work before I go to sleep)
[22:50] * Xui-Fei sighs, "you have a point" he recutatly agree, "so we use the subway"
[22:50] <Yarrow> Dizzy asks if something new has come up. You show her the note, I assume?
[22:50] <Xui-Fei> "though we should be on strong alert for those damn glass droids the were thick in the subway system"
[22:51] <Valery> (Yeah, we shall)
[22:51] * Valery nods. "At least we have Koizumi-san's sonar now..."
[22:51] <Alaric> (yeah)
[22:51] <Yarrow> Dizzy: "Oh, my. Where did you find this?"
[22:52] <Alaric> "I know, it's sketchy, but... we're already running on guesswork and hunches."
[22:52] * Xui-Fei looks at Diz, "it found me just a few minutes ago"
[22:52] <Alaric> "Xui-Fei did."
[22:52] <Yarrow> Dizzy: "Found you?"
[22:52] <Xui-Fei> "I was standing outside on the roof and saw a paper airplain" points at the note, "as it got near me it unfolded and this note was there
[22:53] <Yarrow> She blinks. "A paper airplane? All the way up here?"
[22:53] <Alaric> "Yeah, there is no denying it's quite a bizarre way to send a message. Or receive one."
[22:53] <Toast> "It smells like leather."
[22:53] * Alaric looks over at Toast.
[22:53] <Alaric> "Anything else? Human? Youma?"
[22:53] <Toast> (yarrow?)
[22:54] <Valery> "Maybe they were wearing leather gloves when they wrote it?"
[22:54] <Yarrow> Nothing else. It wouldn't be unreasonable to assume what Val just did.
[22:54] <Toast> "Nope, just leather."
[22:56] <Alaric> disappointed, "Nuts."
[22:57] <Alaric> "I suspect your sense of smell is sharper than my own, too."
[22:57] <Alaric> "Hmm.."
[22:57] * Alaric looks around.
[22:57] <Alaric> "Are there any objections to acting on this paper air plane information?"
[22:57] <Alaric> "I know I've somewhat assumed we would.. "
[22:58] <Toast> "I'll probably get to blow stuff up, so I'm in."
[22:58] <Yarrow> Loki: "Blowing stuff up on a mission to rescue survivors. That bodes well."
[22:58] <Toast> (hmm, toast needs a way to introduce himself)
[22:58] * Valery shakes her head. "No... if it was sent by Nemesis, they'd already have shot us."
[22:59] <Xui-Fei> "I'm going reguardless, it's both the job of a Marital artist and a senshi and thankfully I'm both"
[22:59] <Toast> (Toast, just Toast.)
[22:59] <Toast> (he also needs a favorite drink)
[22:59] <Yarrow> ("Toast, Lightly Browned")
[22:59] <Xui-Fei> (Weat Toast lightly browned)
[22:59] <Yarrow> Dizzy: "Shouldn't Koizumi be here?"
[23:00] <Xui-Fei> "yes she should
[23:00] * Valery blinks. "Ah... where did she go?"
[23:00] <Yarrow> And let's end here.
[23:00] * Xui-Fei is now known as Light02
[23:00] <Yarrow> She didn't spend the night in Metel.
[23:00] * Valery is now known as Pale_Wolf
[23:00] * Toast is now known as Ataru
[23:01] <Ataru> no, Dry white toast
[23:01] <Ataru> and someone else can order four fried chickens and a coke
[23:02] * Alaric is now known as Alathon
[23:03] <Alathon> Heh
[23:03] * Koizumi is now known as Dorin
[23:03] <Light02> quote of the night
[23:03] <Light02> 'Agent Double Oh No
[23:04] <Yarrow> 1 cp for Val, 2 cp for Alaric, Xui-Fei, Koizuim, & Toast.
[23:04] <Dorin> 1 CP penelty for scratching Metel's detailing?
[23:05] <Yarrow> For engaging an enemy that could have wiped out the party by trashing Metel's rotor for no good reason.
"Last week, I tried praying. But I found I was only talking to myself. Don't worry, I learned my lesson last time. This time, no disciples!" - N. Reynolds, To Tell a Hawk from a Handsaw
Alathon
User avatar
Chibi Sailor Senshi
Posts: 322
 

Re: Once again! DCG- Crystal Tokyo BESM game. Survival-Horror

Postby Alathon » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:23 am

Session 7

[17:00] <Yarrow> No. No rocking. But we can start playing when people get into costume.
[17:01] <DCG> ncis
[17:01] <DCG> ohhhhhh
[17:01] * Light02 is now known as Xui-Fei
[17:02] * Alathon is now known as Alaric
[17:02] * Dorin is now known as Koizumi
[17:02] * Pale_Wolf is now known as Valery
[17:02] <Alaric> roll 1d20 impending pwnage
[17:02] <McDice> Alaric rolled : 1d20 impending pwnage --> [ 1d20=13 ]{13}
[17:03] <Yarrow> Alaric gets hit on the head and starts thinking he's in a d20 game.
[17:03] * Ataru is now known as Toast
[17:04] <Rockman_Zero> roll 2d6 "Will the party get splattered?"
[17:04] <McDice> Rockman_Zero rolled : 2d6 "Will the party get splattered?" --> [ 2d6=8 ]{8}
[17:04] <Rockman_Zero> :P
[17:04] <Yarrow> And just how is a number supposed to answer that?
[17:05] <Yarrow> All right. When we left off, the party was planning how to go to 75 Ecstasy Way and rescue survivors who are allegedly in imminent danger of being found by droids.
[17:05] <Valery> (Through its grand numeric power?)
[17:05] <Alaric> (hey, it could be worse, it could be 22 Acacia Avenue)
[17:06] <Yarrow> Everyone, barring Koizumi, was in or about Metel, having breakfast while talking (doesn't anyone have manners these days?). In additon to the PCs, Jake, Chance, Loki, & Mai are present.
[17:06] <Yarrow> And... action!
[17:06] <Alaric> (with all the NPCs here, we can be sure the black moon spy(s) are!)
[17:06] <Yarrow> (They were unlisted.)
[17:07] <Alaric> "So.. any better ideas than using the storm drains to move people around without being visible aboveground?"
[17:08] * Valery shakes her head. "No... I'm afraid not."
[17:08] <Yarrow> Chance: "Storm drains or subway tunnels?"
[17:09] <Koizumi> (I'll be somewhat in and out of it, my blood pressure is still far too high)
[17:09] <Alaric> "Subway would be better, if there are exits near enough to the target location."
[17:09] * Xui-Fei shudders
[17:10] <Xui-Fei> "I'm still not fond of this idea but we may have no choice"
[17:10] <Yarrow> (What's that mean about your blood pressure? You have to leave if you get too excited or what?)
[17:11] <Valery> "It's the tunnels or risking getting spotted, so..."
[17:11] <Koizumi> I checked it a couple hours ago, it was 170/110; it's been astronomically high today)
[17:11] <Yarrow> Jake: "Or cars. There are a bunch of them all over the place."
[17:12] <Xui-Fei> "actually I made better time ducking behind cars making sure I wasn't spoted" he says
[17:12] <Valery> "Well... a car would be quicker, but it would still get spotted..."
[17:12] <Alaric> "Car would be fairly obvious, I'd think.. they're even b igger than the people alone."
[17:12] <Alaric> "And are typically brighter colors, as well.."
[17:13] <Yarrow> (Ok, just let us know when you're stepping out, if you can. And feel free to have Koizumi enter the scene when you like.)
[17:13] <Koizumi> (Will do)
[17:13] * Alaric thinks this over for a moment; his tail twitches slightly every few seconds.
[17:13] <Yarrow> Chance: "From orbit, you mean?"
[17:14] <Valery> "Or from their dropships..."
[17:14] <Yarrow> You haven't seen any ships in the sky lately.
[17:14] * Toast is still fiddling around with his communicator
[17:14] <Toast> "Hey, it says here I have a name!"
[17:15] * Alaric looks over at Toast.
[17:15] <Alaric> "Other than Toast?"
[17:15] * Valery blinks. "Wasn't your name 'Double Oh No'?
[17:16] <Xui-Fei> "very fitting with how you roll"
[17:16] <Yarrow> (And how Ataru's been rolling in this game, too. :) )
[17:16] <Toast> "It says Guy Fawkes."
[17:16] <Toast> "Huh."
[17:17] * Valery cocks her head. "But... you're a stoat, not a fox..."
[17:17] <Yarrow> Chance: "How big a risk is it that a car will be seen and targetted in a city this size, though? I can understand an attack helicopter being spotted quickly and noticed, but is that so likely for cars or people on foot?"
[17:18] * Koizumi follows the sound of voices, and her own sonic-mapping tool, trying to learn the lay out of the building.
[17:18] * Toast , still fiddling with the communicator "I think they'll probably attack anything they see, just for the hell of it."
[17:18] <Yarrow> Elevator -> roof -> Metel. :)
[17:19] <Toast> "Even when I was just being mistaken for an ordinary stoat, they'd go out of their way to try and kick or shoot me."
[17:19] <Yarrow> Chance: "The droids will, I'm sure. But we haven't seen many attacks from above at all."
[17:19] * Valery looks at Chance. "Normally, no, but... the city's not exactly as busy as it used to be..."
[17:19] <Alaric> looking back to Chance, "It's a larger risk than moving people in the open without cars, and to my mind that's too large a risk already."
[17:19] <Toast> "Yeah, but if they have eyes in the sky, they can mobilise droids."
[17:19] <Alaric> "We really need to avoid combat when we have refugees with us."
[17:20] <Alaric> "...and I worry about the secrecy of this location."
[17:20] <Xui-Fei> "doc that's why I'm aginst the subway tunnels they are crawling with glass droids"
[17:20] * Alaric frowns.
[17:20] <Alaric> "Storm drains, then?"
[17:20] * Koizumi frowns...she hated elevators...thankfully she had a device for reading.
[17:21] <Alaric> "You and I both should be strong enough to lift the grates, but normal droids wouldn't, at least judging by what I've seen."
[17:21] <Yarrow> Mai: "Aren't those too small for people?"
[17:21] <Alaric> (I wouldn't expect them to be, but I could be wrong)
[17:21] <Alaric> "I.. don't think so, but I suppose we should have to check. Especially with all the rain.."
[17:21] * Alaric looks at Xui-Fei.
[17:21] <Alaric> "Does your device have maps of those?"
[17:21] <Xui-Fei> "i'll check
[17:22] * Xui-Fei goes forth looking up if this device has the maps of the storm drain system in the city
[17:22] <Alaric> "Hmm.."
[17:22] <Yarrow> ESC: Loading... loading... *beep* Unable to access subsystem.
[17:22] <Alaric> "I suppose the glass droids aren't as much of a threat if we have Koizumi with us.."
[17:23] * Alaric is sorta talking to himself now, rambling.
[17:23] <Yarrow> Jake chuckles. "Too bad we can't take cars into the subway tunnels."
[17:23] * Koizumi finds her way to the roof, thankfully enough, finding Metel there after was little challenge.
[17:23] * Xui-Fei blinks, "yeah can't bring it up"
[17:23] * Valery blinks. "... Why... can't we? They've got the space..."
[17:24] <Toast> "Because they're filled with broken trains and rubble?"
[17:24] <Alaric> "Well, usually they don't go down stairs well."
[17:24] <Toast> "That too,"
[17:24] <Yarrow> Jake looks thoughtful. "I guess.. maybe we could. But we might not be able to get far in them."
[17:24] <Valery> "Mm... Well, we don't really need to bring them back up..."
[17:25] <Yarrow> Mai: "Good morning, Koizumi."
[17:25] * Valery blinks, and looks over. "Hello."
[17:25] * Toast 's nose twitches
[17:26] * Koizumi gives a wave, leaning on her cane slightly. "Hello"
[17:26] <Toast> "Xui, what exactly can that thing on your arm do?"
[17:26] <Toast> "Could it remotely operate any trains that haven
[17:26] <Toast> t been wrecked?"
[17:27] <Koizumi> "I doubt there are many trains in good working order, after all this...If any."
[17:27] <Yarrow> You're not totally sure, Xui-Fei.
[17:27] <Yarrow> It'd be a lot easier to find out if you're near a working train.
[17:28] <Toast> (hang on)
[17:30] <Yarrow> I honestly did not know Ataru could stop the game like that...
[17:30] <Alaric> (heh)
[17:30] <Xui-Fei> "not sure" he says "though I might get lucky when we hit the subway tunnels
[17:30] <Alaric> (i figured some sort of mechanics question was forthcoming)
[17:30] <Alaric> "Hmm.."
[17:30] <Toast> (sorry)
[17:31] * Alaric walks over to Koizumi.
[17:31] <Toast> (phonecall... probably shouldn't have said that, but I was a little distracted)
[17:31] <Alaric> "Koizumi, how do you feel about a rescue mission?"
[17:31] <Toast> (my stepmother's father is in a coma after a massive stroke)
[17:31] <Yarrow> (Koi: "I think it's a great idea! Who's going to rescue us?")
[17:31] <Valery> (Gaaaah?)
[17:32] <Koizumi> (oh, dude, that sucks)
[17:32] <Alaric> (yeah)
[17:32] <Toast> (yeah, they don't think he's going to pull out)
[17:33] <Yarrow> (That's too bad.)
[17:33] * Koizumi gives a shrug of her shoulders. "If we have a chance to save more people, we should take it."
[17:33] <Alaric> "We got a tip that there are refugees at... 75 Ecstacy way, I think."
[17:33] * Alaric grins.
[17:33] <Alaric> "Good."
[17:33] <Valery> (Ugh... that blows)
[17:33] <Alaric> "Tentative plan is to take the subway, which last time Xui-Fei checked, was infested with Glass droids. We'll need you."
[17:34] <Xui-Fei> (oh nice way to sugar coat it doc)
[17:34] * Koizumi sighs and nods. "They really like those damn things...they make my ears hurt."
[17:34] <Xui-Fei> "perfect stealth and camoflage" Xui says
[17:36] <Alaric> "NOt as fast as cars.. but I really, really don't want them hitting this place with what they hit the 'upgrade tower' with."
[17:36] * Alaric frowns.
[17:36] * Toast ponders some sort of sonic, glass destroying bomb
[17:36] <Alaric> "We're going to need to be more cautious about using the chopper, really."
[17:36] <Alaric> "Speaking of which.. Val, has the upgrade finished?"
[17:36] <Yarrow> Jake: "Cloudy days only?"
[17:36] <Yarrow> Jake: "Or night with no lights on?"
[17:36] * Alaric shrugs.
[17:36] <Toast> "We'd need to fly below the cloud cover."
[17:36] <Alaric> "Something like that.. you'd probably know better than I."
[17:36] <Toast> "Which brings its own set of problems."
[17:37] * Koizumi sighs and leans on her cane, nodding as she listens.
[17:37] * Valery shakes her head. "No... I don't think so."
[17:38] <Yarrow> Jake: "Don't we usually fly below the clouds anyway?"
[17:38] <Valery> "Cloud cover is probably the best idea... there's a good chance they have low-light vision."
[17:38] * Alaric grimaces.
[17:38] <Alaric> "Crap, I'd hoped I could activate this thing."
[17:38] * Alaric motions with his knife, before replacing it in his Inventory.
[17:40] <Yarrow> Loki: "There is the question of just how hard our Nemesian friends are actually trying."
[17:40] <Alaric> "...if only we'd managed to capture that technician, we could have interrogated him and found out."
[17:40] * Alaric is decidedly chagrined.
[17:41] <Yarrow> Loki: "Perhaps. Technicians are rarely briefed with far-reaching strategy, however."
[17:41] * Koizumi bites her lip, giving a shrug. "Nothing for it now, Alaric"
[17:41] <Alaric> "Ever since I transformed, my draining has been weaker.. less effective, l ess filling."
[17:41] <Alaric> "He should have gone down in a single... sorry."
[17:41] * Alaric realizes he's kinda talking over Koizumi.
[17:43] * Valery shakes her head. "Don't worry... we still got out, at least."
[17:43] <Koizumi> "Let's just hope things turn out for the betteR"
[17:43] <Yarrow> Loki: "In any case, my point is that this seems rather quiet and leisurely for an invasion, don't you think?"
[17:44] <Xui-Fei> "agreed thoughy I'm getting tired of a defenseive campagin I want some payback from these bastards"
[17:44] <Koizumi> "Well, I hope they aren't letting us round up survivors just for...well.."
[17:44] * Valery purses her lips. "It could be... I've been assuming ever since the first day we've just been where most of the action hasn't been..."
[17:46] <Toast> "Yeah, maybe they have a priority target."
[17:46] <Toast> "The ones I got in the park seemed to have been gearing up for something big... Hey, this thing has a game called minesweeper, awesome!"
[17:46] * Valery blinks.
[17:46] <Yarrow> Loki: "Perhaps. I make no claims of being an expert on warfare."
[17:48] <Alaric> "I don't think any of us here are expects, unfortunately."
[17:48] <Alaric> "For that matter, as far as I know, Crystal Tokyo didn't have any such experts."
[17:48] * Toast looks up from his minesweeper game
[17:48] * Valery nods.
[17:48] <Toast> "Hey... Xui..."
[17:48] * Xui-Fei looks at Toast, "yes?"
[17:48] <Toast> "Does that thing list any other emergency shelters?"
[17:49] <Yarrow> Loki: "The current situation would seem to support that theory, yes."
[17:49] * Koizumi nods, shrugging.
[17:49] * Xui-Fei blinks, "it might actually"
[17:49] <Toast> "Or like, places to evacuate too in case of a disaster? anything?"
[17:49] * Xui-Fei checks his ESC
[17:50] <Alaric> "Oh, good idea!"
[17:50] <Yarrow> The ESC was designed to be used by Emergency Services Workers on-site, and as such, is great for interacting with its local surroundings but not-so-great for accessing objects and locations that are not nearby. It can be done, but the menu system is really horrible to navigate.
[17:51] <Yarrow> So, you can start locating evac sites and making a list of them, but it's an activity for when you have a lot of free time.
[17:52] <Yarrow> Presumedly, the refugees in 75 Ecstacy Way take priority at the moment.
[17:52] <Xui-Fei> "damn it I'm actually gonna have to phsycial city for them this computer seems to only want to react to nearby sites not far away sites least until we rescue the refufugees in 75 Ecstacy Way"
[17:53] <Alaric> "... any objections to just doing that now?"
[17:53] * Alaric looks around the group.
[17:54] <Alaric> "We still have the outstanding concern of checking up on Keiko after that, too."
[17:54] * Koizumi taps her cane a little and shrugs. "I suppose"
[17:54] <Xui-Fei> "that is if that's Keiko waiting for us at the park"
[17:54] * Valery shakes her head. "No... I'm ready, I think."
[17:54] <Alaric> "..or being ambushed by clones, as the case may be."
[17:55] <Yarrow> Jake: "Well, Chance and I are going to be babysitting Metel anyway."
[17:55] <Toast> (so, did anyone other than yarrow see my secret agent stoat song? :D)
[17:56] <Valery> (Heh. Yes, I saw it)
[17:57] <Xui-Fei> (yeah I saw it)
[17:58] <Alaric> "Toast, do you feel up to coming after your.. recent ressurection?"
[17:59] <Toast> "Sure."
[17:59] <Valery> "Well... that's good..."
[17:59] <Alaric> "Hmm.. for that matter, do you still want to be called Toast?"
[17:59] <Alaric> "Or would you prefer Fawkes?"
[18:00] <Toast> "I like Toast."
[18:00] <Yarrow> Jake: "Or Guy?"
[18:00] <Yarrow> Jake smirks. "We know that. Now answer the question."
[18:01] * Koizumi misses the reference entirely.
[18:01] <Toast> "Note to self, Jake enjoys having her property marked."
[18:02] <Valery> "Er... Toast, that's probably not a good idea..."
[18:03] * Xui-Fei nods sagely, "he who masses with a catgirl shall be eternally scratched"
[18:04] <Yarrow> Mai glances from person to person as they speak. "Don't you have people in imminent danger of death in need of rescuing?"
[18:04] <Koizumi> "They seem to forget that, didn't they?"
[18:04] <Alaric> "We're new at this."
[18:05] * Valery blushes. "Yeah... er..."
[18:05] <Alaric> "And I didn't hear you speaking up, Koizumi."
[18:06] * Valery stands up, picking up her gun.
[18:07] <Yarrow> Mai: "Good luck. Try not to die."
[18:07] <Valery> "I'll try..."
[18:07] <Koizumi> "Not my place to interfere"
[18:07] <Toast> "I'm only a little concerned."
[18:08] <Xui-Fei> "hey it's me I'll be fine"
[18:08] * Xui-Fei says that with a confident smirk
[18:08] <Xui-Fei> (think Han Solo esque smile)
[18:08] <Yarrow> Jake & Chance swoon. Mai is unmoved. Literally.
[18:09] <Yarrow> Loki: "I shall remain here and chat with Lilith if she awakens."
[18:09] * Toast scampers up to Xui's shoulder and stage whispers
[18:10] <Toast> "I think they're in heat, you should mount them."
[18:10] * Valery nods. "Thank you, Loki-san."
[18:10] * Xui-Fei blinks "huh"
[18:10] * Xui-Fei gets up checking his gear, "ok we ready then?"
[18:11] * Koizumi shakes he rhead at Toast. "Ready as a blind girl can be"
[18:11] <Alaric> "Ready."
[18:13] * Xui-Fei looks at Val
[18:14] <Yarrow> Loki: "Isn't that declaration usually followed by actually leaving?"
[18:14] * Xui-Fei gestures towards Valery, "waiting on him right now
[18:14] * Valery blinks. "... I was ready before you."
[18:15] <Yarrow> Loki: "And yet, you're all still here..."
[18:16] <Koizumi> "This Senshi thing will take a lot of practice"
[18:16] <Toast> "Can I kill that cat? Please?"
[18:16] <Yarrow> Why is no one leaving?
[18:17] <Alaric> (no enthusiasm?)
[18:17] * Alaric leaves.
[18:17] <Koizumi> (I can't drive!)
[18:17] <Alaric> (we're not driving ;p )
[18:18] * Valery follows Alaric.
[18:18] <Valery> (Waiting for the leader-types to move :P )
[18:18] * Koizumi bears with.
[18:18] <Koizumi> (I still can't drive :P)
[18:18] <Alaric> (oh jesus christ please don't make someone else the designated person to take the initiative)
[18:19] * Toast hops down and starts moving to the stairs
[18:19] <Yarrow> Everyone finally leaves and heads to the ground floor before going outside.
[18:20] <Yarrow> What do you do once outside? Walk directly to your destination? Find a subway station? Something zany?
[18:20] * Toast is perched on Val's shoulder
[18:21] <Toast> (stick with the person that has a forcefield)
[18:21] <Valery> (Wise)
[18:21] <Alaric> "Okay.. "
[18:21] <Yarrow> Too bad that's only in senshi form. :)
[18:21] * Valery looks to Xui-who-has-the-maps to lead the way to a subway station.
[18:21] <Alaric> roll 2d6+7 area knowledge --> nearest subway station
[18:21] <McDice> Alaric rolled : 2d6+7 area knowledge --> nearest subway station --> [ 2d6=9 ]{16}
[18:22] <Yarrow> The nearest station is 3 blocks east and one block south.
[18:22] <Alaric> "Okay.. we're four blocks from the nearest station, and it's that way."
[18:22] * Alaric points east.
[18:22] <Yarrow> roll 1d100
[18:22] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 1d100 --> [ 1d100=87 ]{87}
[18:23] <Alaric> "Let's stay right alongside the buildings to minimize our exposure.. and the directions we can be attacked from."
[18:23] * Valery nods, and follows Alaric there.
[18:23] * Xui-Fei nods, "follow what I do to the best you can" and proceeds to move slowly towards taht direction using the cars as cover
[18:23] * Alaric heads east, trying to be quiet-ish.
[18:24] <Yarrow> You carefully head to the subway station, going from cover to cover, and make it there unmolested.
[18:25] * Koizumi signs a little in relief at a safe arrival.
[18:25] <Yarrow> The stairs going down into it lie innocently before you.
[18:25] <Alaric> "Koizumi, once we get a flight town, turn on your echolocation if you haven't already.. we're not going to pick up those glass droids otherwise."
[18:26] <Koizumi> "Already is""
[18:26] <Alaric> "Hopefully it hasn't attracted anything.."
[18:26] * Alaric moves quickly down the stairs.
[18:26] * Valery brings her gun up to her shoulder, and slowly moves down, watching carefully.
[18:27] <Yarrow> The interior of the station seems empty, though there are some bodies and bloodstains. There's a map on the wall that shows the subway routes, and after a moment of looking at it, you think you've determined the line you want to follow.
[18:28] <Yarrow> It might be a bit tricky following the tunnel without the train, but Xui-Fei's ESC should enable you stay on the right path.
[18:29] * Xui-Fei keeps the map up on his ESC
[18:29] * Alaric looks around intently..
[18:29] <Alaric> (are the lights on?)
[18:30] <Yarrow> There are a few vending machines around too, but they are either mindless or asleep.
[18:30] <Yarrow> The lights are on but a bit dim.
[18:30] * Alaric blinks -- in the low light, his eyes are clearly visible, blacklit with a pale blue light.
[18:31] <Alaric> "Alright, Xui-Fei, lead the way."
[18:31] * Valery nods, and falls in behind.
[18:33] <Yarrow> You enter the tunnel, which is very dimly lit. However, Xui-Fei discovers he can increase the illumination if he likes--either in a specific section or to automatically keep the area immediately around the party bright.
[18:33] * Koizumi keeps her senses sharp and tuned
[18:34] <Koizumi> (164/101 -sigh-going down, but far slower than I should like)
[18:34] * Xui-Fei does so
[18:34] <Yarrow> Does so--which?
[18:35] <Xui-Fei> (lead the way and keep our path lit
[18:35] <Yarrow> You walk on. Not too far down the tunnel, you find a flattened metal droid. It looks like she got run over by a train.
[18:35] * Valery blinks. "Well... I guess the trains are still running..."
[18:36] * Xui-Fei inspects it, is it fully deactivated
[18:36] <Valery> (Er... it's a pancake.)
[18:36] <Yarrow> The droid is very, very deactivated.
[18:36] <Xui-Fei> (Wolf I've learned always double check everything)
[18:36] <Yarrow> (Except his back. :) )
[18:36] <Xui-Fei> "either that or this happened durring the intial attack"
[18:37] <Alaric> "We can only hope.. Xui-Fei, does your console say whether the trains are running?"
[18:37] <Alaric> "Now that we're in the tunnel, I mean."
[18:37] <Valery> "... Or, for that matter, whether any are coming?"
[18:37] <Alaric> (hmm, are the tracks electrified? do we need to avoid killing ourselves via third rail?)
[18:37] <Yarrow> The ESC is not listing any trains nearby. The tracks around you are powered, but are built in such a way that they are not dangerous to pedestrians.
[18:38] <Yarrow> Xui-Fei is pretty sure the ESC will notify him if any trains are coming your way.
[18:39] <Valery> "Well... that's a relief."
[18:39] <Alaric> (is there space to the sides where we could avoid running trains?)?
[18:39] <Yarrow> Yes, there is.
[18:40] <Alaric> "Alright.. if a train comes, Xui-Fei and I will need to get the rest of us up to the sides in a hurry."
[18:40] <Alaric> "Xui-Fei, you can carry Val, right?"
[18:40] <Xui-Fei> "yeah you got Koizumi?"
[18:40] <Alaric> "If so, I'll take responsibility for Koizumi."
[18:40] <Alaric> (I"m assuming this is like most subways, and getting up from the track bed is non-trivial)
[18:40] * Alaric keeps going.
[18:40] <Toast> (umm)
[18:41] * Koizumi doesn't look over, but moves closer to Alaric.
[18:41] * Valery nods. "Thanks..."
[18:41] <Yarrow> No, it's actually trivial.
[18:41] <Alaric> (oh fuck you)
[18:41] <Yarrow> So, if you want to retcon that, feel free.
[18:41] <Alaric> (yeah never mind)
[18:41] <Toast> (if this is like most subways, there should be indents in the wall and the like for people to go in)
[18:41] <Toast> (you know, for subway workers)
[18:41] * Alaric keeps going down the damned subway.
[18:42] <Yarrow> You walk on a while, not encountering... well, anything, really--until Xui-Fei's ESC notifies him that the tunnel ahead is blocked.
[18:43] * Xui-Fei looks ahead seeing what blocking the tunnel
[18:44] <Toast> (five zerkers and a wrecked train)
[18:44] <Yarrow> You move closer to see exactly what the problem is--and notice it getting a bit brighter. You go a little bit further and discover the ceiling is blocking the tunnel; however, it looks like you could probably climb up to the street.
[18:45] <Alaric> "Figures.."
[18:45] <Alaric> "Xui-Fei, how close do you think we are to the destination?"
[18:46] <Yarrow> You figure you're about 1/2 a kilometer from your destination.
[18:46] * Valery frowns. "Is there an alternate route...?"
[18:46] * Koizumi continues to glance round idly.
[18:47] <Yarrow> You could backtrack, take another tunnel, then head forward a bit, but it'll end up being like 2 kilometers.
[18:48] <Alaric> "Are there maintenance tunnels we could use to bypass this?"
[18:48] * Xui-Fei looks up from the map, "possbile I've been limiting this to main tunnels lets check
[18:48] * Xui-Fei looks for maintenance tunnels connected to this
[18:48] <Yarrow> There are no maintenance tunnels here that would really help you.
[18:50] * Valery purses her lips. "It's not so much of a problem if we go on the surface from here... If we take the tunnel back, they still won't be able to spot where our hideout is..."
[18:51] <Alaric> "I guess.."
[18:51] <Alaric> "I don't have any brilliant ideas."
[18:51] <Alaric> "And we probably shouldn't take the long way around, that'd be another twenty minutes."
[18:51] <Toast> "If this turns out to be a trap, I'm going to be very, very annoyed."
[18:52] <Toast> "Like, level as many buildings in the surrounding area as I can annoyed."
[18:52] <Koizumi> "I agree, but what can we do?...Apart from that..."
[18:52] <Xui-Fei> "Toast we want the city realtively still intact"
[18:52] <Toast> "I mean, what's even the point of this?"
[18:53] <Toast> "Suppose we get there and they're all clones of different people?"
[18:53] <Toast> "How would we even know?"
[18:53] <Alaric> "..."
[18:53] * Alaric is moderately horrified at that thought, and it shows on his face.
[18:53] <Toast> "Do we have the right to endanger the people we've already rescued by rescuing these people?"
[18:53] <Toast> "I think... maybe we should look for another shelter for this group before continuing on."
[18:55] * Valery frowns. "Maybe we should pick them up first, and then look for another shelter... if they're in immediate danger right now, we don't really have time to be..."
[18:55] <Toast> "Val, can you use your computer scanning on Xui's Esc to by pass the menu system?"
[18:56] <Valery> "I could try..."
[18:58] <Yarrow> ... Does Val try?
[18:59] <Valery> "But really, we can look for information later, before taking them anywhere. If we spend time on this while they're about to be attacked..."
[18:59] <Alaric> "Toast could be right, you know.."
[18:59] <Alaric> "We're out here on... I don't even know what to call it."
[19:00] <Alaric> "A friggin' paper airplane."
[19:00] <Alaric> "We took all that time trying to come up with a plan.. but we missed the really obvious problem: we can't trust anyone we rescue."
[19:01] <Valery> "But finding a different shelter for them won't prove whether it was a good or bad idea... We can find the shelter after we pick them up. If we spend time on that instead of helping them, they might die..."
[19:02] * Alaric closes his eyes, takes a deep breath, releases it, and opens them facing Valery.
[19:02] * Xui-Fei shakes his head
[19:02] <Alaric> "What are the odds they're clones?"
[19:02] <Xui-Fei> "this pointless bickering is getting us no where"
[19:02] <Toast> "You could at least try, you know, and if it looks like it may take too much time, then we can try after..."
[19:02] <Xui-Fei> "we have our duty here trap or not we have to do it"
[19:02] * Alaric looks over at Xui-Fei, eyes narrowed.
[19:02] <Alaric> "If we have a duty, it extends to the people back at HQ as well."
[19:03] <Valery> "We don't know the odds, probabilistic analysis requires far more information than is ever possible to acquire."
[19:03] * Alaric rounds on Valery.
[19:03] <Alaric> "Exactly!"
[19:03] <Koizumi> (I'm starting to feel dizzy...I think I'm gonna lie down...)
[19:03] <Alaric> "We're flailing, with no real understanding of what we're doing."
[19:03] <Yarrow> (Ok. Hope you feel better soon.)
[19:04] <Xui-Fei> "and if Toast is wrong the lives of the people who we didn't save will be on our hands something I do not want to live with"
[19:04] <Alaric> (*nod*)
[19:04] <Koizumi> (Blood pressure is slowly falling, hopefully in the morning it'll be stable)
[19:04] <Toast> (did you touch fuzzy Koi?)
[19:04] * Koizumi (~dorin_rah@dpc6745120147.direcpc.com) Quit (Quit: )
[19:04] <Valery> "We do not have to take them to headquarters immediately. We can go down into the tunnels and then spend time finding a shelter. We do not have to choose between failing them or failing the people at headquarters."
[19:05] <Toast> (... if his bloodpressure is really falling, I hope he gets his ass to a hospital)
[19:05] <Valery> (Well, it was insanely high, I think he means it's falling 'back to sane levels')
[19:05] <Alaric> "...but we do have to choose to meet them, to engage them. We could easily be overwhelmed by a force of a dozen or more clones."
[19:05] <Yarrow> (From what I understand, it was high to begin with and he has been in touch with doctors)
[19:06] <Alaric> "Where would our duty be then?"
[19:06] <Alaric> "WHo'd pick up the slack?"
[19:07] <Valery> "Alaric-san... if this were a trap from the Nemesians, they could have just bombarded our headquarters from orbit. The message came directly to headquarters. If they know where we are, they have no need for a trap."
[19:08] <Toast> "Maybe that thing takes a while to recharge?"
[19:08] <Xui-Fei> "besides if this was a trap they would of came at us here not wait for us there"
[19:08] <Toast> "Maybe they want to clone us?"
[19:08] <Toast> "They may very well prefer us as prisoners at this point."
[19:08] <Alaric> "Bad enough when they cloned Koizumi.. all five of us would be far worse."
[19:08] <Valery> "They did it dozens of times in a row and simultaneously yesterday."
[19:09] <Toast> "See point B: Maybe they want us alive."
[19:09] <Toast> "Didn't Xui say someone offered him a way out?"
[19:09] * Valery rubs her eyes. "We could spend years standing around dreaming up wheels within wheels plots... If we don't act, we lose anyway."
[19:09] <Toast> "That they were looking for special individuals?"
[19:10] <Valery> (Er... yeah, except they let him go when he said he didn't wanna :P )
[19:10] <Alaric> to Valery, "Losing a battle is superior to losing the war. I am increasingly concerned that we have been overly altruistic in our assumptions."
[19:11] <Alaric> "And I believe we must prioritize protecting those lives we know are worth protecting."
[19:11] * Xui-Fei snorts
[19:12] <Alaric> "If our mysterious 'benefactor' knows otherwise, he or she may damned well prove it."
[19:12] * Neko_Arc (~ExUser@cpe-76-83-49-149.socal.res.rr.com) has joined #cte
[19:13] * Xui-Fei leans agins a wall clearly uninterested in the pointless chatter
[19:13] <Alaric> "I propose we abandon this mission. We have no reliable way to determine whether we will better or worsen our situation by completing it."
[19:13] <Alaric> "We have no way to determine the motives or competency of the source of this information."
[19:14] <Alaric> "It would be negligent of us to put a hundred lives at risk for these few."
[19:14] <Xui-Fei> his eyes widen as he hears this, "What! are you mad leaving people to die you really want that on your conincous
[19:15] <Toast> "And how would your conscience feel if we brought back a bunch of droids to HQ?
[19:15] <Toast> "
[19:15] <Alaric> angrily, "I do not! But I want the lives of all those back at HQ on my conscience far less."
[19:15] <Alaric> "We already know what happens when we allow wolves in with the sheep, unless you have somehow managed to forget."
[19:15] <Valery> "We don't have to take them to headquarters. We just need to rescue them, and find another shelter for them."
[19:15] <Xui-Fei> "I haven't forgotten one damn bit but I know we have keep every glimmer of hope alive"
[19:16] <Xui-Fei> "from what I hear from you three you just want to run back home with your tails between your legs what are you cowards"
[19:16] * Valery glares at Xui. "That is completely unnecessary, and inaccurate."
[19:17] <Xui-Fei> "from my prespective it's exactly what you are doing"
[19:17] <Toast> "Coward? Coward? Which one of us has actually DIED for this cause so far?"
[19:17] <Toast> "Don't you give me any bullshit about cowardice, you fucking meatheaded hairless ape."
[19:17] * Toast snarls
[19:17] <Xui-Fei> "feh I don't have to listen to this I'll go by myself if I have to"
[19:18] * Valery holds up her hands. "Please... we shouldn't have to fight over this."
[19:18] * Xui-Fei is already walking away from this
[19:18] <Alaric> "Don't bring them back to HQ."
[19:18] <Alaric> "Throw your own life around recklessly if you deem it necessary."
[19:19] <Alaric> wrathfully, "But do not endanger the lives of others with your foolish and misguided attempts at heroism!"
[19:19] <Yarrow> Koizumi looks back and forth between Xui-Fei and Alaric.
[19:19] * Valery sighs. "I don't intend to... I've been trying to say that we don't have to do that..."
[19:19] * Xui-Fei turns around and slugs Alaric, "listen here we were selected for this not by choice but we have to make do with it and all we have been doing is over analizing everything that's happened"
[19:19] <Alaric> to Valery, a little calmer, "It doesn't matter where we bring them, our lives will be at risk.. and if one clones us, and returns to HQ, then waht?"
[19:19] <Alaric> (roll it)
[19:19] <Alaric> (if you're starting a fight, roll it)
[19:20] <Alaric> (cuz I'm not letting it land)
[19:20] <Yarrow> Koizumi: "If we split up, doesn't that just make it even more dangerous?"
[19:20] <Xui-Fei> roll 2d6+8
[19:20] <McDice> Xui-Fei rolled : 2d6+8 --> [ 2d6=7 ]{15}
[19:20] <Alaric> roll 2d6+4
[19:20] <McDice> Alaric rolled : 2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=6 ]{10}
[19:20] <Alaric> (damage?)
[19:20] <Xui-Fei> (23)
[19:20] * Toast 's tail sticks straight up
[19:20] <Toast> "You bastard."
[19:21] * Alaric staggers backwards.
[19:21] <Valery> "Xui-san, please stop..."
[19:21] <Alaric> (You'll find the blow will have hit something harder than flesh, but penetrated)
[19:21] <Toast> "Maybe you're a fucking droid."
[19:21] <Toast> "How convenient for you to have been the one to receive the message."
[19:21] <Yarrow> Hold up a second.
[19:21] <Yarrow> Are you guys sure you want to take the game in this direction?
[19:22] <Valery> (I'm not... jesus h fucking christ.)
[19:22] <Alaric> (this is a dumb, dumb, dumb mission)
[19:22] <Alaric> (I am)
[19:22] <Xui-Fei> (hey I got tired of the banter)
[19:22] <Yarrow> I won't stop you if you do, but is this really the way you want it to go?
[19:22] <Yarrow> Xui-Fei *can* just leave without hitting Alaric, you know.
[19:22] <Alaric> (well, he threw the punch, so now he's not)
[19:23] <Alaric> "That's your answer to everything, is it not, xui-Fei? Punch it, and it will all be better?"
[19:23] * Alaric spits.
[19:23] <Alaric> "Our people deserve better than this!"
[19:23] <Yarrow> Ok, then. Carry on.
[19:24] <Xui-Fei> "of course they do," he says clearly mad, "but they also don't need us second guessing every single thing"
[19:25] * Valery clenches her teeth. "They also don't need us fighting each other."
[19:25] <Alaric> facing Xui-Fei, angrily, "What in Serenity's name does that even mean?"
[19:25] <Yarrow> roll 1d100
[19:25] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 1d100 --> [ 1d100=100 ]{100}
[19:25] <Toast> (LOL)
[19:25] <Alaric> "Seceond guessing.. what? Our 'mission' to secure a batch of clones and return it to HQ, so we can all be killed in our sleep?"
[19:25] <Valery> "And yes, Xui-san. They do need us second-guessing everything. If we make one mistake..."
[19:26] <Xui-Fei> "what makes you think they are clones"
[19:26] * Valery turns to Alaric. "That is why we look for another shelter after we've saved them..."
[19:26] <Toast> "Mysterious letter, the even remote possibility that they may be clones..."
[19:26] <Alaric> "And we have no way to know."
[19:27] <Alaric> "No matter what they say, we are rolling dice with the lives of those we ahve already rescued!"
[19:27] <Alaric> "Simply gambling them against.. what?"
[19:27] <Alaric> "Our own bloated, unrealistic hopes?"
[19:27] <Valery> "Against more lives, Alaric-san."
[19:27] * Xui-Fei throws the letter on the floor, "exactly we have no way of knowing either way, I was taught by my master to never leave a call for help unansered even if it's a trap"
[19:27] <Toast> (I have delayed leaving until 11:30ish)
[19:28] <Valery> "There's no need to be stupid. We don't have to take them right back. We look for a shelter to take them to after we've saved them."
[19:28] <Alaric> "Your master never had much in the way of responsibilities, did he?"
[19:28] <Toast> "You're master sounds like an idiot."
[19:28] <Toast> (*your)
[19:28] <Toast> "I bet he believed in that honor crap too."
[19:29] <Yarrow> Koizumi: "Does this mean we don't resuce anyone else because they might be a clone?"
[19:29] * Xui-Fei eyes narrow at the ferret before turning away, "someone shut that rodent before I do something I'll regret"
[19:29] * Valery turns to Toast. "Stop it... we shouldn't be fighting each other."
[19:29] <Toast> "Are you threating me?"
[19:29] * Toast bares his teeth
[19:29] <Alaric> "Do something like that.. and you shall not live to regret it, Xui-Fei."
[19:30] <Xui-Fei> "fine do as you wish," he says before slaming a fist to the wall tears streaming from his face
[19:31] * Alaric breathes heavily for several moments, his tail lashing violently.
[19:31] <Yarrow> Koizumi shrugs and starts looking for a way to climb the rubble.
[19:31] <Alaric> softly, "Koizumi.. don't. We can't roll dice with our people's lives."
[19:32] <Valery> "Look... We've only seen one clone. Out of the hundreds of people we've seen... is it really worth throwing everyone away just because we're scared by one clone? If we do that... it worked perfectly."
[19:32] <Alaric> softly, "I wish it were otherwise, truely I do."
[19:32] * Alaric looks over at Valery.
[19:32] <Xui-Fei> you can hear him softly crying muttering some names
[19:32] <Alaric> "You're not scared? You ought to be."
[19:32] <Yarrow> Koizumi: "The way I see it, if you hadn't rescued me, I'd probably be dead now. I guess I figure these people deserve the same chance I did."
[19:33] <Yarrow> She starts climbing.
[19:33] <Yarrow> Koizumi: "And how do we know there aren't already clones at HQ."
[19:33] * Alaric quickly walks up to Koizumi, and places a heavy hand on her shoulder, attempting to halt her.
[19:33] <Valery> "Alaric-san... the only lives we need to risk are our own."
[19:33] <Valery> "We find another shelter after we've rescued them, take them there."
[19:34] <Alaric> over his shoulder, "and if another shelter does not magically present itself to moot this question?"
[19:34] <Yarrow> She stops. "It's your choice whether you go on or not. But it's mine whether I do. Are you still going, Xui-Fei?"
[19:34] * Alaric lets go of Koizumi's shoulder.
[19:34] <Yarrow> Koizumi: "If not... I guess I won't go alone, but if you are, I'll go with you."
[19:35] * Valery winces. "Then we use the two mind-readers to scan them... I don't really want to see what'll be in their heads, but... if that's the only way, then it's the only way."
[19:35] <Alaric> "I will not physically prevent you from going.."
[19:35] * Valery shakes her head. "I'm going."
[19:35] <Xui-Fei> "Val just drop it," he says finally standing up "you two head back, I'll find another shelter to bring them too," he says tapping his ESC
[19:35] <Xui-Fei> "sense it's clear you don't want to go"
[19:35] <Alaric> "But.. can I, in good conscience, allow anyone into the compound who may be a clone?"
[19:35] <Alaric> "No."
[19:35] <Alaric> angrily, to Xui-Fei, "What I want is irrelevant!"
[19:35] <Toast> "Didn't I fucking suggest that in the first place?"
[19:36] <Alaric> "The question at hand is what is RIGHT."
[19:36] <Toast> "Hey let's find another shelter BEFORE we go there."
[19:36] <Yarrow> roll 1d100
[19:36] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 1d100 --> [ 1d100=60 ]{60}
[19:36] <Xui-Fei> "they may be dead before we find another one"
[19:36] <Valery> "Then come with us. Just watch from a distance if you don't want to risk a trap. Then you'll know we don't get caught and cloned."
[19:36] <Toast> "But... aren't you doing that right now anyway?"
[19:37] <Xui-Fei> (you do know the precentile Yarrow is rolling is the odds of them dying you know)
[19:38] <Valery> (Most likely.)
[19:38] <Alaric> "Okay."
[19:38] <Alaric> "Allow me to be absolutely, beyond all doubt, crystal clear."
[19:39] <Alaric> "I will not allow any person who stands credible chance of being a clone back into HQ."
[19:39] <Alaric> "That is my duty to the people I rescued."
[19:39] <Xui-Fei> "I understand" he says
[19:39] <Alaric> "That means you three, if you walk away."
[19:40] <Valery> "... Why don't you come with us, then? Just watch from a distance so you don't get caught in a trap, and you'll know that we don't get cloned."
[19:40] <Toast> (I bet we get back to HQ to find it's been Aunt Berue'd)
[19:40] <Toast> (or we get to the new place to find similar)
[19:40] <Xui-Fei> (nope with the way things are goind we arrive they refugees are dead)
[19:41] <Yarrow> (Ironically, all the people you've rescued up to this point have been clones.)
[19:41] <Toast> (wouldn't surprise me at this point)
[19:41] <Alaric> "To what end?"
[19:41] <Alaric> "To follow you as you search for some other place to take them?"
[19:41] <Alaric> "To keep you within my sight every waking moment?"
[19:43] <Yarrow> Koizumi: "Why aren't you suspicious of Toast, then?"
[19:43] <Alaric> "To argue this again when you do not find one, or when you later wish to merge forces, or.."
[19:43] * Alaric looks over at Koizumi.
[19:43] <Alaric> "Because his words ring true."
[19:43] <Yarrow> Koizumi: "He vanished for a day and then comes back and is urging us not to rescue more people?"
[19:44] <Alaric> "You mistake his purpose; he urges us, as I do, not to act recklessly, with no understanding of the consequences."
[19:44] <Valery> "We have mind readers. We don't need to take that many risks."
[19:44] <Xui-Fei> "and if we do that we just sacrficed the people who were expecting help"
[19:44] <Valery> "Look... I don't want to check their memories, but if I have to, I will."
[19:44] <Yarrow> She shrugs. "He could just be pretending that's his reason."
[19:44] <Alaric> contemptuously, "As if that has worked thus far."
[19:45] <Toast> "Go ahead, read away."
[19:45] <Toast> "I have nothing to hide."
[19:45] * Alaric looks over at Koizumi.
[19:45] <Alaric> "Yes. Do tell."
[19:45] <Valery> "We haven't thought to try it against the one clone we did meet. I got in easily when I knew I could."
[19:46] <Valery> "So yes. It has worked perfectly every time it has been tried."
[19:46] <Yarrow> Koizumi: "I don't think he really is a clone. I just thought it was strange that you were saying if we walked out of your sight we can never come back, but you're giving him a free pass."
[19:47] <Alaric> a little angrily, "Perhaps I assumed that you exercised a modicum of common sense, and had already checked him when he first appeared?"
[19:48] <Alaric> (mindreaders, plural?)
[19:48] <Toast> (koi and cal)
[19:48] <Toast> (val)
[19:48] <Alaric> (ahhh, didn't know Val could read human minds, thought it was just machine)
[19:48] <Valery> (Both, yeah.)
[19:48] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+4
[19:48] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=3 ]{7}
[19:48] <Yarrow> Mind roll, please, Alaric.
[19:49] <Valery> (Though... I dunno if Val has actually been clear about that :P )
[19:49] <Alaric> roll 2d6+4
[19:49] <McDice> Alaric rolled : 2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=3 ]{7}
[19:49] <Toast> (lol)
[19:49] <Alaric> (haha, and I'm the PC ;p )
[19:49] <Alaric> (how's that for an edge case)
[19:49] <Yarrow> So is she--just temporarily under GM control. One second while I look up ties.
[19:50] <Alaric> (oh, bullshit)
[19:50] <Yarrow> Reroll.
[19:50] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+4
[19:50] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=6 ]{10}
[19:50] <Alaric> roll 2d6+4
[19:50] <McDice> Alaric rolled : 2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=7 ]{11}
[19:50] <Toast> (lol)
[19:51] <Yarrow> Koizumi frowns slightly.
[19:51] <Yarrow> Carry on.
[19:51] <Alaric> conflicted, "Valery.. Koizumi.. will you vouchsafe that any we take in are our people?"
[19:51] <Xui-Fei> (eh this has been somd good rp tonight dispite it being pretty much could break the group up)
[19:52] <Toast> (well yeah)
[19:52] <Alaric> (if we don't break up, at least we'll have some interesting dynamics instead of this boring as shit ad-hoc senshi committee for good and happiness shit)
[19:52] <Toast> (untrained civilians in a high stress enviroment fighting? you don't say)
[19:53] * Valery nods. "Yeah... It's... not going to be pleasant to look, but if we have to take them in, I will."
[19:53] <Yarrow> Koizumi: "What if we can't read someone? It doesn't work every time."
[19:53] <Valery> "Segregate them and take our time to check...?"
[19:53] <Toast> "Oh for... Valery, will you please just try your scanning on his Esc already?"
[19:54] <Alaric> "Leave them outside, but under guard? No matter... we can work something out."
[19:54] <Yarrow> roll 1d100
[19:54] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 1d100 --> [ 1d100=42 ]{42}
[19:54] <Alaric> releaved, "If you will guarantee the safety of those y ou admit, I will abide by your decision.. and your desire to attempt this mission."
[19:54] * Valery nods. "Thank you..."
[19:54] <Yarrow> A special treat! You may all roll your own listen checks!
[19:55] <Valery> (... Which stat? Mind?)
[19:55] <Alaric> roll 2d6+8 listen
[19:55] <McDice> Alaric rolled : 2d6+8 listen --> [ 2d6=9 ]{17}
[19:55] <Xui-Fei> (thought that was body but I'll roll mind)
[19:55] <Yarrow> That'll do it.
[19:55] <Xui-Fei> roll 2d6+3
[19:55] <McDice> Xui-Fei rolled : 2d6+3 --> [ 2d6=5 ]{8}
[19:55] <Toast> roll 2d8+6
[19:55] <McDice> Toast rolled : 2d8+6 --> [ 2d8=7 ]{13}
[19:55] <Yarrow> Don't bother.
[19:56] <Yarrow> Alaric, over the impassioned discussion, you manage hear the sound of the droid patrol on the street that moves into position and prepares to open fire.
[19:56] <Alaric> (you hear the screams of all the refugees being butchered!)
[19:57] <Yarrow> Apparently, it wasn't a great idea to have this argument right under the hole up to street level.
[19:57] <Yarrow> Init!
[19:57] * Alaric snaps his head around to the direction of the street, alarmed, his ears perked out.
[19:57] <Alaric> "Droids!"
[19:57] <Valery> roll 2d6+4
[19:57] <McDice> Valery rolled : 2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=8 ]{12}
[19:57] <Alaric> roll 2d6+10 init
[19:57] <McDice> Alaric rolled : 2d6+10 init --> [ 2d6=8 ]{18}
[19:57] <Toast> (what is init again?)
[19:57] * Valery follows Alaric's gaze, bringing her gun up.
[19:57] <Valery> (Attack Combat Value.)
[19:57] <Toast> roll 2d6+3
[19:57] <McDice> Toast rolled : 2d6+3 --> [ 2d6=7 ]{10}
[19:57] <Alaric> (attack combat value, +3 per rank of Combat Technique: Lightning Reflexes if you have it)
[19:57] <Yarrow> Base Combat Value plus any special bonus from combat techniques.
[19:58] <Yarrow> Attack CV, that is, yes.
[19:58] <Xui-Fei> 2d6+4
[19:58] <Xui-Fei> roll 2d6+4
[19:58] <McDice> Xui-Fei rolled : 2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=7 ]{11}
[19:58] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+3 Koi
[19:58] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+3 Koi --> [ 2d6=4 ]{7}
[19:58] * Xui-Fei turns around and takes a stance
[19:59] <Yarrow> roll 2#2d6+4
[19:59] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2#2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=11 ]{15}, [ 2d6=8 ]{12}
[20:00] <Yarrow> roll 2#2d6+3
[20:00] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2#2d6+3 --> [ 2d6=10 ]{13}, [ 2d6=6 ]{9}
[20:00] <Alaric> (btw, the knife I took.. is it sharp/hard in it's current state?)
[20:01] <Yarrow> Reasonably. Not great, though.
[20:01] <Alaric> (*nod*)
[20:02] * Yarrow changes topic to 'Al, z1, big R, val, z2, XF, R'
[20:03] <Yarrow> You see 2 zerkers, a big rubber droid, and a normal sized rubber droid.
[20:03] <Yarrow> Alaric is up first.
[20:03] * Yarrow changes topic to 'Al, z1, big R, val, z2, XF, R, Koi'
[20:03] <Toast> (jesus)
[20:03] * Yarrow changes topic to 'Al, z1, big R, val, z2, XF, Toast, R, Koi'
[20:03] <Toast> (TWO zerkers?)
[20:04] <Toast> (we need to fucking split)
[20:04] <Valery> (Where to? We run down the tunnel and they'll just have a clear shot at us)
[20:04] <Xui-Fei> "not good"
[20:04] <Alaric> (man, I almost said Nemesis planet power, make up ;p )
[20:05] <Alaric> "Nietzsche.. nihilist power.. make-up!"
[20:05] <Yarrow> Well, that would have confused ... everyone.
[20:05] * Alaric is now known as Sailor_Nietzsche
[20:05] * Sailor_Nietzsche immediately darts over to the side of the cavern, attempting to get any cover available.
[20:05] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (done)
[20:05] * Xui-Fei readies his wand, while in a stance
[20:05] <Yarrow> The first zerker decides that's real purty and wonders how it'll look when blown up.
[20:06] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+8 Nietz
[20:06] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+8 Nietz --> [ 2d6=7 ]{15}
[20:06] <Sailor_Nietzsche> roll 2d6+6 dodge!
[20:06] <McDice> Sailor_Nietzsche rolled : 2d6+6 dodge! --> [ 2d6=5 ]{11}
[20:06] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (heh, nope)
[20:07] <Yarrow> 20 damage after armor
[20:07] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (65/85)
[20:07] * Sailor_Nietzsche lets out a pained yowl.
[20:08] <Yarrow> The big rubber droid jumps down and bounces fist-first at Xui-Fei.
[20:08] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+10
[20:08] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+10 --> [ 2d6=6 ]{16}
[20:09] <Xui-Fei> roll 2d6+6
[20:09] <McDice> Xui-Fei rolled : 2d6+6 --> [ 2d6=8 ]{14}
[20:10] <Yarrow> She connects solidly for 25 damage.
[20:10] <Yarrow> Valery is up.
[20:11] * Valery sights in on the zerker that shot Alaric, firing a short burst as she moves to try and find some cover.
[20:11] <Valery> roll 2d6+6
[20:11] <McDice> Valery rolled : 2d6+6 --> [ 2d6=10 ]{16}
[20:11] * Toast hangs on tight
[20:11] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+8
[20:11] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+8 --> [ 2d6=8 ]{16}
[20:11] <Yarrow> One hit.
[20:12] <Valery> (26 damage)
[20:12] * Xui-Fei stagers back (35/60)
[20:12] <Yarrow> The second zerker fires at Nietz also.
[20:12] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+8
[20:12] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+8 --> [ 2d6=11 ]{19}
[20:13] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (btw, how good is the cover I got?)
[20:14] <Yarrow> Pretty lousy for the angle they have. If you run back the way you came, they'll have to come in to continue firing, but there isn't really anything to provide cover from above there.
[20:14] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (no service alcoves?)
[20:14] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (no support structures for the tunnel?)
[20:14] <Yarrow> roll 1d100
[20:15] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 1d100 --> [ 1d100=72 ]{72}
[20:15] <Yarrow> Not there.
[20:15] <Sailor_Nietzsche> roll 2d6+6-1
[20:15] <McDice> Sailor_Nietzsche rolled : 2d6+6-1 --> [ 2d6=8 ]{13}
[20:16] <Yarrow> 20 after armor again.
[20:16] <Yarrow> Xui-Fei is up.
[20:17] * Xui-Fei glares at the rubber one, "Katsu Tenshin Amuriken!"
[20:17] <Xui-Fei> roll 2d6+8 Amuriken
[20:17] <McDice> Xui-Fei rolled : 2d6+8 Amuriken --> [ 2d6=6 ]{14}
[20:18] <Valery> "Xui-san, focus on the ones with the cannons, you can hurt them!"
[20:18] <Xui-Fei> "not in this form I can't Val"
[20:18] <Yarrow> The big one that smacked you, I assume?
[20:18] <Xui-Fei> (yes)
[20:18] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+10
[20:18] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+10 --> [ 2d6=9 ]{19}
[20:18] <Yarrow> She smacks your attacks aside.
[20:19] <Yarrow> Toast is up.
[20:19] * Toast hops off Val's shoulder behind him and transforms into human form
[20:20] <Yarrow> The small rubber droid jumps down and bounces into a flying kick at Koizumi.
[20:20] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+6
[20:20] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+6 --> [ 2d6=8 ]{14}
[20:20] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+5
[20:20] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+5 --> [ 2d6=7 ]{12}
[20:21] <Yarrow> Koizumi gets smacked and stumbles back (15 damage).
[20:21] <Yarrow> She then swings her cane and a ball of fire flies at her attacker.
[20:21] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+5
[20:21] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+5 --> [ 2d6=5 ]{10}
[20:22] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+6
[20:22] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+6 --> [ 2d6=7 ]{13}
[20:22] <Yarrow> But misses.
[20:22] * Yarrow changes topic to 'Nietz, z1, big R, val, z2, XF, Toast, R, Koi, Nietz'
[20:23] <Yarrow> Next round. Xui-Fei heals slightly. Sailor_Nietzsche is up.
[20:23] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (50/85)
[20:23] <Xui-Fei> (40/60)
[20:23] * Sailor_Nietzsche runs back to Valery, lacking cover, and launches a silver-gold circlet at z1.
[20:23] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "Soul Slicer!"
[20:24] <Sailor_Nietzsche> roll 2d6+9 (+12, +3 penetrating, multidimensional, +3 homing)
[20:24] <McDice> Sailor_Nietzsche rolled : 2d6+9 (+12, +3 penetrating, multidimensional, +3 homing) --> [ 2d6=7 ]{16}
[20:25] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+8
[20:25] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+8 --> [ 2d6=8 ]{16}
[20:25] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (41 damage)
[20:25] <Yarrow> The first zerker goes down.
[20:25] * Yarrow changes topic to 'Nietz, big R, val, z2, XF, Toast, R, Koi, Nietz'
[20:25] * Sailor_Nietzsche hisses in delight.
[20:25] <Yarrow> The big rubber droid continues to attack Xui-Fei.
[20:25] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+10
[20:25] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+10 --> [ 2d6=4 ]{14}
[20:26] <Xui-Fei> roll 2d6+6
[20:26] <McDice> Xui-Fei rolled : 2d6+6 --> [ 2d6=5 ]{11}
[20:27] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (aww)
[20:27] <Xui-Fei> (yup)
[20:28] <Yarrow> She spins around in a high kick, which Xui-Fei ducks, but she then continues her motion to smack him in the head with her opposite elbow.
[20:28] <Yarrow> 20 damage
[20:28] <Xui-Fei> (20/40)
[20:28] <Yarrow> Valery is up.
[20:29] <Toast> (shit, I gotta run)
[20:29] * Valery smiles, and shifts her aim to the second zerker, firing another burst. "Come on..."
[20:29] <Valery> roll 2d6+6
[20:29] <McDice> Valery rolled : 2d6+6 --> [ 2d6=9 ]{15}
[20:29] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (bummer..)
[20:29] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+8
[20:29] <Valery> (Darn...)
[20:29] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+8 --> [ 2d6=8 ]{16}
[20:29] <Valery> (Darn again.)
[20:29] <Toast> (I'll be back in an hourish)
[20:29] * Valery tsks.
[20:29] <Yarrow> (See you. /msg me your plans?)
[20:29] <Yarrow> (For this fight.)
[20:30] <Yarrow> Zerker: Die. Senshi.
[20:30] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+8
[20:30] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+8 --> [ 2d6=7 ]{15}
[20:31] <Yarrow> That was at Sailor_Nietzsche.
[20:32] <Sailor_Nietzsche> roll 2d6+6
[20:32] <McDice> Sailor_Nietzsche rolled : 2d6+6 --> [ 2d6=11 ]{17}
[20:32] * Sailor_Nietzsche scrambles like hell, trying to get out of the way.
[20:33] <Yarrow> She manages to get clear.
[20:34] <Yarrow> Xui-Fei is up.
[20:34] <Toast> (ok, plans PMed, back in a few)
[20:35] * Xui-Fei grits his teeth, "Mjollnir Star Power MAKE-UP!"
[20:35] * Xui-Fei is now known as Sailor_Mjollnir
[20:36] <Yarrow> Toast concentrates.
[20:36] <Yarrow> The small rubber droid attempts to grapple Koizumi.
[20:36] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+6
[20:36] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+6 --> [ 2d6=9 ]{15}
[20:37] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+5
[20:37] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+5 --> [ 2d6=9 ]{14}
[20:37] <Yarrow> And succeeds. To be promptly thrown away in a burst of light as Koizumi immediately transforms into Sailor Phobos.
[20:37] <Yarrow> Sailor_Nietzsche is up again.
[20:38] * Sailor_Nietzsche takes aim, and looses an attack at the other 'zerker.
[20:38] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "Soul Slicer!"
[20:38] <Sailor_Nietzsche> roll 2d6+9 (etc..)
[20:38] <McDice> Sailor_Nietzsche rolled : 2d6+9 (etc..) --> [ 2d6=6 ]{15}
[20:39] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+8-1
[20:39] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+8-1 --> [ 2d6=3 ]{10}
[20:39] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (score!)
[20:39] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (41 damage)
[20:39] <Yarrow> She staggers but stays up.
[20:40] * Yarrow changes topic to 'Nietz, big R, val, z2, Mjoll, Toast, R, Phobosi, Nietz, Mjoll'
[20:40] * Sailor_Nietzsche does her best to finish the job.
[20:40] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "Soul Slicer!'
[20:40] <Sailor_Nietzsche> roll 2d6+9 (etc...)
[20:40] <McDice> Sailor_Nietzsche rolled : 2d6+9 (etc...) --> [ 2d6=10 ]{19}
[20:41] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+8
[20:41] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+8 --> [ 2d6=8 ]{16}
[20:41] <Yarrow> The zerker falls down into the tunnel and lies still.
[20:41] <Valery> "Good job, Nietzshe-san!"
[20:41] * Yarrow changes topic to 'Nietz, big R, val, Mjoll, Toast, R, Phobos, Nietz, Mjoll'
[20:41] <Sailor_Nietzsche> spitefully, at the fallen droid, "You're nothing!"
[20:42] <Sailor_Nietzsche> a little bashfully a moment later, "...thanks."
[20:42] <Yarrow> The big rubber droid tries to punch Mjollnir's head off.
[20:42] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+10
[20:42] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+10 --> [ 2d6=4 ]{14}
[20:42] <Sailor_Mjollnir> roll 2d6+8
[20:42] <McDice> Sailor_Mjollnir rolled : 2d6+8 --> [ 2d6=6 ]{14}
[20:43] <Yarrow> Sailor_Mjollnir manages to deflect the blow.
[20:43] <Yarrow> Val's up.
[20:44] * Valery turns slightly, staying behind Nietzsche, and fires a burst at the small rubber droid.
[20:44] <Valery> roll 2d6+6
[20:44] <McDice> Valery rolled : 2d6+6 --> [ 2d6=7 ]{13}
[20:44] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+6
[20:44] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+6 --> [ 2d6=9 ]{15}
[20:44] <Yarrow> She compresses herself and the burst flies over her head.
[20:45] <Yarrow> Mjollnir's turn.
[20:45] <Sailor_Mjollnir> "your agreession has casued me to come forth now your time is at an end Rai...ken"
[20:46] <Sailor_Mjollnir> roll 2d6+8
[20:46] <McDice> Sailor_Mjollnir rolled : 2d6+8 --> [ 2d6=6 ]{14}
[20:46] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (c'mon, hit!)
[20:46] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+10
[20:46] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (match the speech!)
[20:46] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+10 --> [ 2d6=8 ]{18}
[20:46] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (awww)
[20:46] <Yarrow> Big rubber droid: "Pathetic."
[20:47] <Yarrow> Toast waits. The rubber droids glance up at the sky for a moment.
[20:48] <Valery> (Oh... that's encouraging.)
[20:48] <Yarrow> The small rubber droid runs up to Phobos and throws a punch.
[20:48] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+6
[20:48] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+6 --> [ 2d6=5 ]{11}
[20:48] * Sailor_Mjollnir doesn't change expressions at all, "I'm still here am I not we'll see whos pathetic soon enough
[20:48] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+8
[20:48] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+8 --> [ 2d6=7 ]{15}
[20:48] <Yarrow> Phobos gracefully slips around it.
[20:49] <Yarrow> The big rubber droid smiles then points at Mjollnir and back at herself. "One on one, then?"
[20:50] <Sailor_Nietzsche> angrily, "War is not a sport!"
[20:50] <Yarrow> Phobos thrusts her hands at the small rubber droid and a golden beam of light lances out.
[20:50] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+8
[20:50] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+8 --> [ 2d6=7 ]{15}
[20:50] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+6
[20:50] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+6 --> [ 2d6=8 ]{14}
[20:51] <Yarrow> The droid reels back, smoking, under the assault.
[20:51] <Yarrow> Sailor_Mjollnir: Any response to the challenge before Nietz goes?
[20:52] * Sailor_Mjollnir clinches her fist several times with a smirk now, "my friend has a point, war isn't a sport it's rather cruel"
[20:52] <Sailor_Mjollnir> "but times one must put aside the cruelness"
[20:52] <Yarrow> The big droid smirks. "Coward."
[20:52] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (...okay)
[20:52] <Yarrow> Nietz is up.
[20:53] <Sailor_Mjollnir> "if you had said that to my other self earilier I'd came at you no holds bared but I know I'm handicapped agisnt you"
[20:53] * Sailor_Nietzsche takes aim, and interferes with the Man vs Droid match.
[20:53] <Sailor_Nietzsche> roll 2d6+9 Soul Slicer!
[20:53] <McDice> Sailor_Nietzsche rolled : 2d6+9 Soul Slicer! --> [ 2d6=9 ]{18}
[20:54] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+10-1
[20:54] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+10-1 --> [ 2d6=3 ]{12}
[20:54] <Sailor_Mjollnir> (yosha!)
[20:54] <Sailor_Nietzsche> mirthfully, "Yours is the cowardice. Your fear of your coming annihilation is obvious for all to see!"
[20:55] <Yarrow> The disc hurts her.
[20:55] <Yarrow> Mjollnir is up again.
[20:55] <Valery> "I was going for 'let it have what it wanted, then backstab it', honestly."
[20:55] <Sailor_Mjollnir> "fear it I run toward it fist first or in this case Hammer first, THOR'S HAMMER!"
[20:55] <Sailor_Mjollnir> roll 2d6+7
[20:55] <McDice> Sailor_Mjollnir rolled : 2d6+7 --> [ 2d6=6 ]{13}
[20:56] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+10-3
[20:56] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+10-3 --> [ 2d6=3 ]{10}
[20:56] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (awww yeah)
[20:56] <Sailor_Mjollnir> (31 before any armor)
[20:56] <Sailor_Mjollnir> (body to catch it now?)
[20:57] <Yarrow> A lot of the force of impact is absorbed, but you still damage her. Now that you know to expect the strong rebound, you catch the hammer easily.
[20:57] * Sailor_Mjollnir catches it with her off hand with a smooth behind the back switch she brings it back around to her favored hand
[20:58] <Yarrow> Next round. Nietz & Mjoll heal up a bit.
[20:58] <Yarrow> Nietzsche is up.
[20:59] * Sailor_Nietzsche does her best to finish this fight.
[20:59] <Sailor_Nietzsche> roll 2d6+9
[20:59] <McDice> Sailor_Nietzsche rolled : 2d6+9 --> [ 2d6=7 ]{16}
[20:59] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "Soul Slicer!"
[20:59] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (damn the dice love me tonight)
[20:59] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+10
[20:59] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+10 --> [ 2d6=4 ]{14}
[20:59] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (see what I mean?)
[20:59] <Sailor_Mjollnir> (and save for the sock to you the dice haven't liked me)
[20:59] <Yarrow> The big rubber woman goes down.
[21:00] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (I shoulda rolled to seduce the droid or somes hit ;p )
[21:00] <Yarrow> Valery is up. One small rubber droid is left.
[21:00] <Sailor_Mjollnir> (and geeze did I make my senshi side more resonable than my normal side)
[21:00] * Sailor_Nietzsche huffs out a breath, a little winded by the rapid flurry of energy attacks.
[21:00] * Valery smiles, and fires again at little rubber.
[21:00] <Valery> roll 2d6+6
[21:00] <McDice> Valery rolled : 2d6+6 --> [ 2d6=3 ]{9}
[21:00] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+6
[21:00] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+6 --> [ 2d6=4 ]{10}
[21:00] <Valery> (And has a crappy roll)
[21:00] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (yeah, probably.. older at least)
[21:00] <Yarrow> She twirls out of the way.
[21:01] <Yarrow> Mjollnir is up.
[21:02] * Sailor_Mjollnir turns to the other rubber droid, "taste my hammer fiend THOR'S HAMMER!"
[21:02] <Sailor_Mjollnir> roll 2d6+7
[21:02] <McDice> Sailor_Mjollnir rolled : 2d6+7 --> [ 2d6=3 ]{10}
[21:02] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+6-1
[21:02] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+6-1 --> [ 2d6=3 ]{8}
[21:02] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (boom!)
[21:02] <Sailor_Mjollnir> 31 befor anything)
[21:03] <Yarrow> Droid: "Yuck."
[21:03] <Yarrow> Toast waits and the rubber droid tries to kick Phobos.
[21:03] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+6
[21:03] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+6 --> [ 2d6=12 ]{18}
[21:03] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+8
[21:03] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+8 --> [ 2d6=9 ]{17}
[21:04] <Yarrow> Most of the blow is deflected by Phobos's outfit.
[21:04] <Yarrow> Phobos shoots another beam of light at the droid.
[21:04] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+8
[21:05] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+8 --> [ 2d6=9 ]{17}
[21:05] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+6-1
[21:05] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+6-1 --> [ 2d6=4 ]{9}
[21:05] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (haha!)
[21:05] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (finally, some dice love for phobos)
[21:05] <Yarrow> And wins the battle for the party.
[21:05] <Yarrow> List your current EP totals and then a 5 minute break.
[21:06] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (/me drops her cellphone. It chimes something like 'dadada da da da-dada')
[21:06] <Sailor_Mjollnir> (should be if my caulations are right 140/170)
[21:06] * Valery breathes, lowering her aim. "Next time... we debate things... under cover..."
[21:06] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (105, minus another 5 ep to heal to full health)
[21:06] <Valery> (Fully healed)
[21:06] <Sailor_Mjollnir> (1 raiken and 2 hammer attacks)
[21:06] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "Seconded."
[21:06] <Valery> (Or rather, never used any :P )
[21:06] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (so I'll be 100/160 in like 30 seconds)
[21:06] <Sailor_Mjollnir> "agreed" she says drooly
[21:07] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (and, time to fetch me some snackie-treats)
[21:07] <Yarrow> If people would rather have 10 minutes, just let me know.
[21:07] * Sailor_Mjollnir fishes out something from her pack and tosses it to Niet it's large medspray "you might need this"
[21:08] <Valery> (Oh yeah, I need to cook up my food. Guys, break. :P )
[21:08] <Yarrow> Ok, 10 minutes.
[21:08] <Sailor_Mjollnir> (I'm good to go though I'll browse)
[21:08] <Yarrow> Sailor_Nietzsche reaches up and catches the medspray. (to the Zelda item get music)
[21:13] <Valery> (And back)
[21:13] <Yarrow> I thought you needed to cook food. Ok, we can resume whenever everyone's ready.
[21:14] <Valery> (Well, yeah, microwave. ^^; )
[21:16] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (I'm back, I've got my salad mixed up)
[21:16] <Yarrow> Ok. Are you here, Light?
[21:17] <Sailor_Mjollnir> (yeah)
[21:17] <Yarrow> Ok. The battle is over.
[21:18] * Valery pulls off the magazine and takes a moment to reload.
[21:18] <Sailor_Mjollnir> (and I tossed Niet a large healing medspray
[21:18] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "Thank you.. but we'd best save it for emergencies."
[21:18] <Yarrow> Sailor_Nietzsche heals up over the course of 30 seconds.
[21:18] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "These.. will heal in a moment."
[21:18] * Sailor_Nietzsche motions to her wounds.
[21:18] * Sailor_Nietzsche hesitates a moment, before tossing it back to Mjollnir.
[21:19] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "I suggest that, having been 'made', we 'beat feat' and reach the target with all speed."
[21:19] <Yarrow> Sailor Phobos also heals her minor wounds quickly.
[21:19] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "I will remain in senshi form, lest we find opposition when we arrive."
[21:20] * Valery nods. "Good idea, they might be able to radio in..."
[21:20] * Sailor_Mjollnir catches it nodding, "I will as well"
[21:20] <Yarrow> Phobos: "I'll change back while the side effects will still be minimal."
[21:20] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (incidentally, has anything come down that toast was looking at?)
[21:20] <Yarrow> Phobos reverts to Koizumi.
[21:21] <Yarrow> Toast makes a disgusted noise. "I made an illusion of Metel, but you guys killed the big ones before they could see it!"
[21:22] <Yarrow> Koizumi: "I could use a little medspray..."
[21:22] <Yarrow> Koizumi: "Or healing."
[21:22] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (Toast can heal, right?)
[21:22] <Valery> "Oh... I think they were looking up, so I think they did see it..."
[21:22] <Yarrow> (She's down 15 hp in normal form.)
[21:22] * Sailor_Mjollnir approches Koizumi with one, "I'll handle this" and uses the last large medspray (40 regained)
[21:22] <Yarrow> Toast can, yes.
[21:23] <Yarrow> Toast: "Hey! Don't waste that!"
[21:23] <Yarrow> He heads Mjollnir off before she applies it.
[21:23] <Yarrow> Toast lays a hand on Koizumi and her wounds heal.
[21:24] * Sailor_Mjollnir stops
[21:24] <Toast> (I back ya'll, I'm back ya'll, I'm back back backer then back, because I'm back, and I'm back)
[21:24] <Sailor_Mjollnir> "very well" puts it away finally, "I suggest we get moving we are"
[21:24] * Sailor_Nietzsche runs up the incline, and looks around 360 degrees.
[21:24] <Toast> (... sounds like my roommate is trashed)
[21:24] <Valery> (Yo yo Toastman)
[21:25] <Toast> (he's having trouble with the door)
[21:25] <Yarrow> (I think Ataru might be back. And on drugs. But I'm not sure.)
[21:25] * Valery nods, and follows Nietzsche up to the street... more slowly, though.
[21:25] <Yarrow> The street looks clear.
[21:26] * Sailor_Mjollnir follows up hammer at the ready
[21:26] <Toast> (oh for fucks sake)
[21:26] <Yarrow> Koizumi comes up too. She seems to have gotten her sonar back.
[21:26] <Toast> (he left three hours ago, and he's fucking GONE)
[21:26] <Toast> (I mean, jesus, like fucking obliterated)
[21:26] <Toast> (and he thinks he's not an alcoholic... I need to start keeping fucking count of this shit)
[21:27] <Valery> (Wow)
[21:27] <Sailor_Mjollnir> (you know something it's either it's time he's checked into rehab or you need to find a new roomate)
[21:27] <Toast> (He owes me 200 dollars, and he's spending money on junk food)
[21:28] <Yarrow> (That sucks. We should talk about it later or in another channel, though.)
[21:28] <Toast> (yeah, sorry)
[21:28] <Toast> (not too happy right now)
[21:28] * Yarrow nods.
[21:28] <Valery> (/me pats the Ataru)
[21:28] * Sailor_Nietzsche has a look around, and tries to get his bearings.
[21:28] <Sailor_Nietzsche> roll 2d6+9 area knowledge
[21:28] <McDice> Sailor_Nietzsche rolled : 2d6+9 area knowledge --> [ 2d6=7 ]{16}
[21:28] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (where am I, and which way to wehre I'm going)
[21:29] <Yarrow> You identify the street you should take.
[21:29] <Valery> (His? ... Then again, with my constant 'her' typos, maybe I shouldn't tak :P )
[21:29] <Valery> (Or talk)
[21:30] <Yarrow> You think you should have 3 blocks down and then 1 across left to go.
[21:30] <Yarrow> Note: Xui-Fei's ESC in inacessible while he's in senshi form.
[21:30] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "This way, three blocks down and one across."
[21:30] * Sailor_Nietzsche motions as she speaks.
[21:30] * Sailor_Mjollnir nods
[21:30] * Valery nods, and follows.
[21:30] <Sailor_Mjollnir> (I guessed as much)
[21:30] * Sailor_Nietzsche begins walking quickly that way, eyes open
[21:31] * Sailor_Mjollnir follows at a decent pace eyes looking for any sign of ambush
[21:31] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+4
[21:31] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=7 ]{11}
[21:32] * Sailor_Mjollnir stops a moment and reverts to normal
[21:32] * Sailor_Mjollnir is now known as Xui-Fei
[21:33] <Xui-Fei> "stupid forgetting I could check if people are even inside or not"
[21:33] * Valery looks around as she follows.
[21:33] * Sailor_Nietzsche stops as Xui-Fei does.
[21:33] <Toast> (I might have to call it a night)
[21:34] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (too much in teh way of roommate problems?)
[21:34] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (or, too late?)
[21:34] <Yarrow> (That's too bad, but we understand. Well, *I* do, at any rate.)
[21:35] <Yarrow> Ok. Do you wait for Xui-Fei's cooldown period to end or keep moving?
[21:36] <Valery> (Ugh... that sucks. Night, Ataru.)
[21:36] * Valery will keep moving if everyone else does.
[21:36] * Xui-Fei keeps moving reguardless
[21:36] * Sailor_Nietzsche keeps going, eyes open.
[21:36] * Sailor_Nietzsche checks around the corner before walking around.
[21:37] <Yarrow> After a couple of blocks, Xui-Fei's cooldown ends. You reach the last block and... her ESC beeps.
[21:37] * Valery pauses, looking to Xui.
[21:38] * Xui-Fei checks his ESC
[21:39] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (Notice: Mission Failure. Press A to reload, X to quit)
[21:41] <Yarrow> PM, Xui-Fei?
[21:42] * Xui-Fei blinks, "we got someone else using a ESC it's unable to pull up it's id"
[21:43] * Xui-Fei checks to see how far it is from where it's located on the map
[21:44] * Valery frowns. "That's odd..."
[21:45] <Xui-Fei> "unaut....hey what the...." he says has his eyes glaze over sorta
[21:46] <Xui-Fei> (recon that statement)
[21:46] <Xui-Fei> "unaut....who's admistering morphine?"
[21:47] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "What? To who?"
[21:47] * Sailor_Nietzsche looks around.
[21:48] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (anyone sighted? if not, I look back at Xui-Fei)
[21:48] <Yarrow> No one sighted.
[21:48] <Yarrow> Btw, this exchange is going to be taking place very quickly.
[21:48] <Yarrow> Despite how long it's taking in real time. :)
[21:48] * Valery gasps, and pulls the ESC off Xui.
[21:49] <Valery> (Or... did he say, or not say, that someone else was using one?)
[21:49] <Valery> (It's hard to keep track.)
[21:49] <Yarrow> Ok, hold on a second.
[21:51] <Yarrow> Sounds of a fight come from around the far corner of the block.
[21:51] <Valery> (Er... is Xui still conking out?)
[21:51] <Valery> (I'm confused...)
[21:52] <Yarrow> Xui-Fei is not acting any stranger than usual.
[21:52] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (has Xui-Fei said aintyhing? has he asnwered my question?)
[21:52] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "Xui-Fei, what are you talking about?"
[21:52] <Yarrow> But he does seem confused as he peers at his ESC.
[21:52] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "There's a fight.. that way!"
[21:52] * Sailor_Nietzsche motions where she thinks she heard it.
[21:52] * Valery frowns, and nods, glancing at the ESC to see what's confusing Xui.
[21:53] <Xui-Fei> "this thing is saying admistering 500mg of Morphine...I'm guessing it's from the new addon but nothings happening
[21:53] * Xui-Fei blinks agin, "admisering asskicking to hacking droid...the hell"
[21:53] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "Whatever, there's a fight.. THAT's LETHAL!"
[21:53] * Sailor_Nietzsche interrupts herself when Xui-Fei speaks.
[21:53] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "Good, let's go!"
[21:53] * Sailor_Nietzsche comes to a conclusion, and runs towards the fight.
[21:54] * Xui-Fei nods heading there at full run
[21:54] * Valery blinks, and moves after Nietzsche towards the fight.
[21:54] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+10
[21:54] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+10 --> [ 2d6=8 ]{18}
[21:54] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+8
[21:54] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+8 --> [ 2d6=8 ]{16}
[21:54] <Xui-Fei> (oh no)
[21:55] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+8
[21:55] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+8 --> [ 2d6=7 ]{15}
[21:55] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+10
[21:55] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+10 --> [ 2d6=9 ]{19}
[21:55] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+8
[21:55] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+8 --> [ 2d6=7 ]{15}
[21:55] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+10-1
[21:55] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+10-1 --> [ 2d6=8 ]{17}
[21:55] <Yarrow> You round the corner and see something ... unexpected.
[21:56] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (it's a giant super-deformed Keiko)
[21:56] <Yarrow> Well, the two zerkers and the four rubber droids are a nasty sight, but not entirely unexpected...
[21:56] <Yarrow> The fact that they're fighting an unknown type of droid is, however.
[21:57] <Valery> (What's the unknown look like?)
[21:57] * Valery blinks.
[21:57] * Xui-Fei blinks
[21:57] <Yarrow> She has a slight silvery sheen, little metal fins rising up from behind her ears, blue lines of what looks like circuitry on her face, and some sort of exotic looking rifle in one hand.
[21:58] <Xui-Fei> (why am I picturing a BGC Hardsuit)
[21:58] <Xui-Fei> (either that or a unskined nuku nuku)
[21:58] <Yarrow> She's hovering a few cm over a metal railing, and little arcs of electricity go between it at the bottoms of her feet.
[21:59] * Xui-Fei blinks checking to see if there is any form of id he can get
[21:59] <Yarrow> A rubber droid hammers at her, but the blow bounces off an invisible shield around her.
[21:59] <Yarrow> Oh, and there's an ESC on one of her arms.
[22:00] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "...the hell?"
[22:00] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (any of the droids damaged?)
[22:00] <Yarrow> Droid: "Awww, your wittle fists can't get past my field? Poor baby..."
[22:00] <Yarrow> One of the zerkers is singed and sparking.
[22:00] <Xui-Fei> "I don't know if I should be happy to see infighting or help the one with the ESC on)
[22:01] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "Well.. some of them are certainly hostile, and the other only maybe."
[22:01] * Valery frowns, and transforms.
[22:01] * Valery is now known as Sophia
[22:01] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "Let's taket he rest down, and find out about her afterwards!"
[22:01] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (am I free to attack?)
[22:01] * Xui-Fei readies his transofmation wand, "Mjollnir Star Power Make up!"
[22:01] <Yarrow> The rubber droids then pair off and start hugging--and then flowing into each other, forming two Big Rubber Droids.
[22:01] * Xui-Fei is now known as Sailor_Mjollnir
[22:01] * Sailor_Mjollnir blinks
[22:01] <Yarrow> Silver droid: "...this could be a problem."
[22:02] <Yarrow> Silver droid: "And you should be helping me, dumbasses!"
[22:02] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (I just asked, do we need to wait for init or can I attack now?)
[22:02] * Sailor_Mjollnir is already in a run towards the Zeeker
[22:02] <Yarrow> Sorry, had some backlog--that was in response to XF's question.
[22:02] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (ahh)
[22:03] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "Mjollnir, the Zerkers! I'll start on the rubbers!"
[22:03] * Sailor_Mjollnir nods "already on it Niet good luck
[22:03] <Yarrow> Ok. Init please.
[22:03] <Sophia> roll 2d6+4
[22:03] <Sailor_Nietzsche> roll 2d6+10 init
[22:03] <McDice> Sophia rolled : 2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=5 ]{9}
[22:03] <McDice> Sailor_Nietzsche rolled : 2d6+10 init --> [ 2d6=6 ]{16}
[22:03] <Sailor_Mjollnir> roll 2d6+5
[22:03] <McDice> Sailor_Mjollnir rolled : 2d6+5 --> [ 2d6=10 ]{15}
[22:03] <Sophia> (Doh. That was +5, so my init is 10, though that won't make much difference...)
[22:04] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+3 Koi
[22:04] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+3 Koi --> [ 2d6=3 ]{6}
[22:04] <Yarrow> roll 2#2d6+5
[22:04] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2#2d6+5 --> [ 2d6=8 ]{13}, [ 2d6=11 ]{16}
[22:05] <Yarrow> roll 2#2d6+4
[22:05] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2#2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=9 ]{13}, [ 2d6=8 ]{12}
[22:05] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+5
[22:05] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+5 --> [ 2d6=10 ]{15}
[22:06] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+3 Toast
[22:06] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+3 Toast --> [ 2d6=5 ]{8}
[22:07] * Yarrow changes topic to 'Niet/R1, Mjol/Silver, R2/Z1, Z2, Soph, Niet, Toast, Mjol, Koi'
[22:07] <Yarrow> Note: the zerkers get additional attacks if using melee.
[22:07] * Sailor_Nietzsche stays where she is, at distance, and launches her first attack at R1.
[22:07] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "Soul Slicer!"
[22:07] <Sailor_Nietzsche> roll 2d6+9 (etc..)
[22:07] <McDice> Sailor_Nietzsche rolled : 2d6+9 (etc..) --> [ 2d6=12 ]{21}
[22:08] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (fuck yeah)
[22:08] <Yarrow> That hits.
[22:08] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+10
[22:08] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+10 --> [ 2d6=12 ]{22}
[22:08] <Sophia> (O_o)
[22:08] <Yarrow> For normal damage.
[22:08] <Yarrow> Say, is a 12 always a hit?
[22:09] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (I don't know, I think we've played it that way, but not sure rules-wise)
[22:09] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (book-wise I mean)
[22:10] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (book-wise, I don't know if there are automatic hits or misses.. crits are determined by difference between attack and defense roll)
[22:10] <Sophia> (Book doesn't say at all)
[22:10] <Sophia> (I at least houserule it that way, but...)
[22:10] <Yarrow> Ok. Since we are doing critfails, we'll go with 12s hitting.
[22:11] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (41 damage)
[22:11] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (done)
[22:12] <Yarrow> Sailor_Nietzsche's disc streaks at the zerker, straight for her eye--but she manages to partially deflect it to avoid being instantly killed.
[22:13] <Yarrow> One of the big rubber droids throws a punch at the silver one.
[22:13] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+10
[22:13] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+10 --> [ 2d6=10 ]{20}
[22:13] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+10
[22:13] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+10 --> [ 2d6=6 ]{16}
[22:13] <Yarrow> Most of the blow is deflected by a force field, but some gets through.
[22:13] <Yarrow> Mjollnir is up.
[22:15] * Sailor_Mjollnir rushes towards the nearst Zeeker "Raiken!"
[22:15] <Sailor_Mjollnir> roll 2d6+8
[22:15] <McDice> Sailor_Mjollnir rolled : 2d6+8 --> [ 2d6=6 ]{14}
[22:15] <Toast> (jesus)
[22:15] <Yarrow> roll 1d2
[22:15] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 1d2 --> [ 1d2=1 ]{1}
[22:15] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+10-1
[22:15] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+10-1 --> [ 2d6=8 ]{17}
[22:15] <Yarrow> Sailor_Mjollnir tries to finish off the wounded zerker but misses.
[22:16] * Sailor_Mjollnir just stares coldly
[22:16] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (even less good news on the roommate front?)
[22:16] <Sophia> (Dare I ask?)
[22:16] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+10
[22:16] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+10 --> [ 2d6=9 ]{19}
[22:16] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+10-3
[22:16] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+10-3 --> [ 2d6=7 ]{14}
[22:17] <Toast> (tonights a bit of a rough night, at least we had a heart to heart)
[22:17] <Toast> (and he's agreed to further discuss group therapy tomorrow)
[22:17] <Toast> (so that's a positive)
[22:17] <Toast> (he also seems to think I'll write the next great american novel for some reason ^^;;)
[22:18] <Yarrow> The silver droid fires a bolt of lightning from her rifle and takes down the other zerker.
[22:18] <Yarrow> The second rubber droid kicks her.
[22:18] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+10
[22:18] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+10 --> [ 2d6=7 ]{17}
[22:18] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+10-1
[22:18] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+10-1 --> [ 2d6=3 ]{12}
[22:19] <Yarrow> The kick is slowed down a bit by the force field but a good portion gets through.
[22:19] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+8
[22:19] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+8 --> [ 2d6=10 ]{18}
[22:19] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+10-3
[22:19] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+10-3 --> [ 2d6=8 ]{15}
[22:19] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (and now you're back in time to get in a few combat rounds to round out the evening :)
[22:20] <Yarrow> A hell of a lot of that zerker shell gets through, though, sending the silver droid sliding back along the railing.
[22:20] <Yarrow> Sophia is up.
[22:20] <Toast> (maybe, not sure, he's in the bathroom right now)
[22:22] * Sophia moves up to cover the silver droid, raising her force field over the droid and herself and firing a burst at the zerker.
[22:23] <Sophia> roll 2d6+7
[22:23] <McDice> Sophia rolled : 2d6+7 --> [ 2d6=3 ]{10}
[22:23] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+10-3
[22:23] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+10-3 --> [ 2d6=12 ]{19}
[22:23] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (bah)
[22:23] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (you get no love :( )
[22:23] <Yarrow> The zerker raises her arm slightly, letting the burst cleanly pass between it and her body.
[22:24] <Yarrow> Nietz is up again.
[22:24] * Sophia pouts.
[22:24] * Sailor_Nietzsche is quick to move onto her next specified target.. R2.
[22:24] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "There's nothing left for you.. Soul Slicer!"
[22:24] <Sailor_Nietzsche> roll 2d6+9 (ect..)
[22:24] <McDice> Sailor_Nietzsche rolled : 2d6+9 (ect..) --> [ 2d6=10 ]{19}
[22:24] <Yarrow> The silver droid took out Z2, btw. Z1 is rather damaged.
[22:24] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (*nod)
[22:24] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (I'm hoping Mjolnir will finish it)
[22:25] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+10
[22:25] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+10 --> [ 2d6=10 ]{20}
[22:25] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (d'oh)
[22:25] <Sophia> (Yeah... wow.)
[22:25] <Yarrow> Used the wrong modifier for Z1 before, but Sophia still missed.
[22:25] * Sailor_Nietzsche grins.
[22:25] <Sailor_Nietzsche> cruelly, "Don't get your hopes up.."
[22:26] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (we'll see how she does dodging the homing shot)
[22:26] <Yarrow> Toast simply holds his hand out and a grenade appears in it.
[22:26] <Yarrow> Mjollnir's up again.
[22:27] * Sailor_Mjollnir glares at the still standing Zeeker, "you've tested my patience long enough have at thee....RAIKEN!"
[22:27] <Sailor_Mjollnir> roll 2d6+8
[22:27] <McDice> Sailor_Mjollnir rolled : 2d6+8 --> [ 2d6=10 ]{18}
[22:28] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+8-6
[22:28] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+8-6 --> [ 2d6=5 ]{7}
[22:28] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (haha.. owned, so hard)
[22:28] <Sailor_Mjollnir> (43)
[22:28] <Yarrow> The zerke's slammed down hard. She doesn't move.
[22:29] <Yarrow> You hit her so hard, her r fell off!
[22:29] <Sophia> (Heh)
[22:29] <Yarrow> Koizumi launches a fireball at R2.
[22:29] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (cut off the leg of the R, and it turns into a P)
[22:29] * Sailor_Mjollnir gives a thumbs down....looking for her next opponent
[22:29] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+5
[22:29] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+5 --> [ 2d6=9 ]{14}
[22:29] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (c'mon, low roll, low roll..)
[22:29] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (melt that shit)
[22:29] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+10-1
[22:29] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+10-1 --> [ 2d6=7 ]{16}
[22:30] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (nuts)
[22:30] <Yarrow> roll 1d100
[22:30] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 1d100 --> [ 1d100=75 ]{75}
[22:30] <Sailor_Mjollnir> (fuck)
[22:30] <Yarrow> The fireball goes out harmlessly against a building's wall.
[22:31] * Yarrow changes topic to 'Niet/R1, Mjol/Silver, R2, Soph, Niet, Toast, Mjol, Koi'
[22:31] * Sailor_Nietzsche grins...
[22:31] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (dodge teh homing?)
[22:31] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+10
[22:31] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+10 --> [ 2d6=6 ]{16}
[22:31] <Yarrow> Nope.
[22:32] <Yarrow> The disc circles around and hits R2.
[22:32] <Yarrow> Nietzsche is up again.
[22:32] <Sailor_Nietzsche> roll 2d6+9
[22:32] <McDice> Sailor_Nietzsche rolled : 2d6+9 --> [ 2d6=6 ]{15}
[22:32] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "Soul Slicer!"
[22:32] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+10-1
[22:32] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+10-1 --> [ 2d6=4 ]{13}
[22:32] <Sailor_Nietzsche> joyously, "You're nothing!"
[22:33] <Yarrow> The droid slowly crumples to the ground.
[22:33] <Sophia> "Well, now it is."
[22:33] * Sailor_Nietzsche sucks air, tired but exceptionally happy.
[22:34] <Yarrow> Sophia - roll your force field activation.
[22:34] * Sailor_Nietzsche looks around -- anyone around, other than the silver droid?"
[22:34] <Yarrow> R1 is alive and well.
[22:34] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (hn?)
[22:34] <Sailor_Nietzsche> ( I though.. nm)
[22:34] <Yarrow> No one's attacked it. You went after R2.
[22:34] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (uh)
[22:34] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (wtf)
[22:34] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (I attacked R1 first, and killed it)
[22:34] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (oh wait)
[22:34] <Yarrow> No, you went after z1
[22:34] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (No I did't ;p )
[22:35] <Sailor_Mjollnir> (no you nearly killed it)
[22:35] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (no, I did not)
[22:35] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (I never attacked Z
[22:35] <Sailor_Mjollnir> Silver finished up Z1)
[22:35] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (I specifically called out that I was attacking the rubbers, and I said that every time)
[22:35] <Sophia> roll 2d6+7
[22:35] <McDice> Sophia rolled : 2d6+7 --> [ 2d6=2 ]{9}
[22:35] <Sophia> (Sorry, forgot about that, and... wow. Oops.)
[22:36] * Yarrow adjusts some droid hp.
[22:36] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (okay.. so.. the zerkers are done, but R1 is still up, right?)
[22:36] <Yarrow> Ok, R1, suddenly wounded, attacks the silver droid.
[22:36] <Yarrow> Yes.
[22:37] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+10
[22:37] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+10 --> [ 2d6=7 ]{17}
[22:37] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+10
[22:37] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+10 --> [ 2d6=8 ]{18}
[22:37] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (... cuz I brainfarted and for some reason moved on to R2 without finishing R1. d'oh)
[22:37] <Yarrow> And juuust misses.
[22:37] <Yarrow> Which is good, since a hit probably would have taken it out.
[22:37] <Yarrow> Mjollnir is up.
[22:37] * Sailor_Mjollnir turns around and throws her hammer at the remaining big rubber
[22:38] <Sailor_Mjollnir> roll 2d6+7
[22:38] <McDice> Sailor_Mjollnir rolled : 2d6+7 --> [ 2d6=2 ]{9}
[22:38] <Yarrow> The silver droid jumps off the rail, flips in midair, and sticks to the underside of a lamp post's arm.
[22:38] <Sailor_Mjollnir> (DR)
[22:38] <Sailor_Mjollnir> roll 2d6+7
[22:38] <McDice> Sailor_Mjollnir rolled : 2d6+7 --> [ 2d6=7 ]{14}
[22:38] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+10
[22:38] <Sailor_Mjollnir> (thank god for saveing the DR)
[22:38] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+10 --> [ 2d6=7 ]{17}
[22:38] <Sailor_Mjollnir> (...)
[22:39] <Yarrow> The silver droid then flips around to stand on top of the post, out of reach of the rubber droid for now.
[22:39] <Yarrow> Nietz is up again.
[22:39] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (sophia?)
[22:39] <Yarrow> Oh, all right... Sophia can go. :)
[22:39] * Sophia blinks. "Athletic..."
[22:40] * Sophia shakes her head and shoots the rubber droid.
[22:40] <Sophia> roll 2d6+7
[22:40] <McDice> Sophia rolled : 2d6+7 --> [ 2d6=7 ]{14}
[22:40] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+10-1
[22:40] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+10-1 --> [ 2d6=6 ]{15}
[22:40] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (awww)
[22:40] <Yarrow> And now Nietz is up.
[22:40] <Sophia> (At least now Nietzsche has the -3 to attack ;) )
[22:40] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (hmm.. mjol and koi after me..)
[22:41] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (can I charge the rubber and hit it with a melee attack?)
[22:41] <Yarrow> If you want... but Toast is tossing that grenade up and down and has a real nasty look on his face...
[22:41] * Sailor_Nietzsche holds her action until after mjolnir goes.
[22:41] * Sailor_Nietzsche shoots Toast a grin.
[22:42] <Yarrow> Toast tosses the grenade.
[22:42] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+5
[22:42] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+5 --> [ 2d6=3 ]{8}
[22:42] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (he doesn't teleport it under the droid?)
[22:42] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+10-3
[22:42] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+10-3 --> [ 2d6=8 ]{15}
[22:42] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (I thought that was his schstick)
[22:43] <Yarrow> Mm, true...
[22:44] <Yarrow> The grenade appears off-target and explodes harmlessly.
[22:45] <Yarrow> Mjollnir's turn.
[22:46] * Sailor_Mjollnir catches her hammer and spins around sending it back
[22:46] <Sailor_Mjollnir> roll 2d6+7
[22:46] <McDice> Sailor_Mjollnir rolled : 2d6+7 --> [ 2d6=5 ]{12}
[22:46] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+10-3
[22:46] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+10-3 --> [ 2d6=9 ]{16}
[22:47] <Yarrow> The droid jerks to the side, letting the hammer pass.
[22:47] <Yarrow> Going now, Nietz, or letting Koi go?
[22:49] <Yarrow> Koizumi throws a fireball at the rubber droid.
[22:49] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+5
[22:49] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+5 --> [ 2d6=5 ]{10}
[22:49] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+10-6
[22:49] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+10-6 --> [ 2d6=6 ]{10}
[22:49] <Yarrow> And it hits!
[22:49] <Yarrow> The droid is up, but on fire. It smells really horribl.
[22:49] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (ah sorry)
[22:49] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (was grabbing a drink)
[22:50] <Yarrow> No problem.
[22:50] * Sailor_Mjollnir scrunches up her nose
[22:50] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "This is your end. Soul Slicer."
[22:50] <Sailor_Nietzsche> roll 2d6+9
[22:50] <McDice> Sailor_Nietzsche rolled : 2d6+9 --> [ 2d6=8 ]{17}
[22:50] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+10-6
[22:50] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+10-6 --> [ 2d6=10 ]{14}
[22:50] <Yarrow> And the burning rubber droid collapses.
[22:50] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (eww... tire fire ;p )
[22:51] <Sailor_Nietzsche> quickly, to the silver droid, "Where are the rest."
[22:51] <Yarrow> Silver droid: "Nice view from up here."
[22:51] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (?)
[22:51] * Sophia takes a breath, and looks up. "So... hello?"
[22:51] <Yarrow> Silver droid: "The rest of what?"
[22:51] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "The rest of your allies."
[22:52] <Yarrow> Droid: "I guess that would be you guys. Hi, I'm Lilith. Pleased ta meetcha."
[22:52] * Sailor_Mjollnir catches the returning hammer then blinks
[22:53] <Sailor_Mjollnir> "your lilith the AI we got from the buliding?"
[22:53] * Sailor_Nietzsche raises one eyebrow.
[22:53] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "You don't say."
[22:53] * Sophia blinks. "... Lilith?"
[22:54] <Yarrow> She rolls forward, falling from the street lamp, little arcs of lightning going from her feet to the railing below as she gets close, drawing her to it and leaving her hovering slightly above it.
[22:54] <Sailor_Mjollnir> "forgive me for sounding like by irrational self but am I the only one wondering what the hell is going on?"
[22:55] <Yarrow> Lilith: "Yep. I woke up a little while ago and started making contact with the systems I was connected to--which included Xui-Fei's ESC there."
[22:56] * Sailor_Nietzsche looks over at Sophia, curious to see what her take on this is.
[22:56] * Sailor_Mjollnir blinks, "excuse me again but weren't you in just an AI in a box before?"
[22:57] <Yarrow> Lilith: "I noticed someone hacking into it and slipped in too. I'm not big on hacking, but I'm great on counter-hacking if someone initiates contact. Anyway, this bad girl here was trying to give Xui-Fei a pretty lethal dose of morphine, so I stepped in and hacked her back."
[22:57] <Sophia> "Ah... I see. Is this the projection system, then...?"
[22:57] <Yarrow> She pats her shoulder when she says 'this bad girl here'.
[22:57] * Sailor_Mjollnir blinks
[22:58] <Sailor_Mjollnir> "so that's where the Admistering ass kicking to hacker droid came from"
[22:58] <Sophia> "Ahhhhh... I see."
[22:58] <Yarrow> Lilith: "Jake and Chance say hi, by the way."
[22:58] * Sophia smiles. "Tell them hi back?"
[22:58] <Sophia> "Ah, and, good morning, Lilith-san."
[22:58] <Yarrow> Lilith: "Sure."
[22:58] * Sophia bows.
[22:59] <Yarrow> She tosses a wave in Sophia's direction.
[22:59] * Sailor_Nietzsche shrugs.
[22:59] <Yarrow> Then she taps her ESC a couple of times and frowns. "Shit, I think this thing got burned out in the power struggle..."
[22:59] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "I've had my fill of conflicts this day.. if you all buy it, I'll buy it."
[23:00] <Yarrow> Lilith: "Anyway, I'm not planning on going on a killing spree or anything."
[23:00] <Yarrow> Lilith: "You seemed pretty concerned about that back in Metel."
[23:00] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "It seems to be in vogue for other mechanical intelligences."
[23:01] <Sophia> "Well... Loki-san isn't really particularly homicidal."
[23:01] <Yarrow> Lilith: "I'm not really big on following the in crowd."
[23:02] <Yarrow> She looks over her body: "Damn, this thing took a real beating..."
[23:02] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "Speaking of crowds.. have you seen any humans or youma hereabouts?"
[23:02] <Yarrow> Lilith: "I just got here about a second before the fight started."
[23:03] <Yarrow> Lilith: "I took over this body and started shooting at the zerkers."
[23:03] <Sophia> "Yeah... I don't suppose you had a lot of time to look around."
[23:03] * Sailor_Mjollnir nods a bit before returning to nomral
[23:04] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (are there any other sounds of combat?)
[23:04] * Sailor_Mjollnir is now known as Xui-Fei
[23:04] <Yarrow> It's quiet.
[23:04] * Xui-Fei looks at his ESC
[23:04] <Xui-Fei> "I guess I shouldn't of installed this part for this trip," he says looking at the part that Dizzy offered to him
[23:05] * Xui-Fei blinks
[23:05] <Yarrow> Lilith smiles at Xui-Fei.
[23:05] <Sophia> "Well... at least we know it can be hacked by another ESC..."
[23:05] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "That does raise a troubling question.. is any other ESC out there a security risk?"
[23:05] <Yarrow> Lilith: "It should be ok now. I've secured it."
[23:05] <Yarrow> Lilith: "Well, another cyberdroid could use one to locate humans, but I don't think there are many cybers out there."
[23:05] * Sophia smiles. "Thank you, Lilith-san."
[23:06] * Xui-Fei nods, "thanks"
[23:07] <Yarrow> Lilith: "So, you going on to #75 now?"
[23:08] <Sophia> "We're planning to..."
[23:08] <Yarrow> She nods.
[23:08] * Sailor_Nietzsche bites her lip, but doesn't disagree.
[23:08] <Yarrow> Lilith: "I'd better wait outside. Wouldn't want to spook the people..."
[23:09] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (Lilith: "Wouldn't want you to see me placing the demolition charges."
[23:09] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "Agreed."
[23:09] * Sailor_Nietzsche heads for the shelter.
[23:09] <Yarrow> Koizumi nods.
[23:09] <Yarrow> Ok, let's stop here for the night.
[23:09] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (alright)
[23:09] * Sophia nods, and follows.
[23:09] * Sailor_Nietzsche is now known as Alathon
[23:09] * Sophia is now known as Pale_Wolf
[23:09] * Xui-Fei is now known as Light02
[23:11] * Yarrow changes topic to '3cp awarded.'
"Last week, I tried praying. But I found I was only talking to myself. Don't worry, I learned my lesson last time. This time, no disciples!" - N. Reynolds, To Tell a Hawk from a Handsaw
Alathon
User avatar
Chibi Sailor Senshi
Posts: 322
 

Re: Once again! DCG- Crystal Tokyo BESM game. Survival-Horror

Postby Alathon » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:47 am

Session 8

[17:04] * Yarrow stretches.
[17:04] <Yarrow> May as well give Pale a few minutes.
[17:05] <WolfieBed> Blargh. Back, yo.
[17:05] * WolfieBed is now known as Pale_Wolf
[17:05] <Alathon> cool
[17:06] <Yarrow> Blargh! Pale is back.
[17:07] <Yarrow> Ok, people who are ready should get into costume.
[17:08] * Light02 is now known as Xui-Fei
[17:08] * Ataru is now known as Toast
[17:08] * Alathon is now known as Alaric
[17:08] * Pale_Wolf is now known as Valery
[17:08] * Alaric is now known as Sailor_Nietzsche
[17:08] * Dorin is now known as Koizumi
[17:09] <Valery> (... Ah, wait, I'm Sophia right now.
[17:09] * Valery is now known as Sophia
[17:11] <Yarrow> When we left off, you'd just met a friendly droid and destroyed a bunch of unfriendly droids with her. You're about a block from 75 Ecstasy Way, where refugees are supposed to be. You're all healed up but some of you are getting pretty tired in senshi form.
[17:12] * Sailor_Nietzsche is quick to head into the shelter -- who all is there?
[17:12] <Yarrow> Everyone thought it'd be a good idea if Lilith waited outside rather than spooking the refugees.
[17:13] * Sophia will come as well, after reloading her gun.
[17:13] * Xui-Fei looks on wards waiting to see who is gonna go in first
[17:13] <Toast> (I think we're all here)
[17:14] <Toast> "So... Now that we're here, any other shelters popping on your Esc?"
[17:14] <Yarrow> You head over to the address. Apparently, it's not a shelter--it's an underground skate park (with a small aboveground admissions area & snack bar).
[17:15] <Yarrow> Some of you may have been there before in better days. (Up to you.)
[17:15] * Koizumi sighs at the wonderful experience of blindness once more, and having to follow in hand. Might as well get a leash.
[17:16] <Yarrow> Koizumi can currently see.
[17:16] * Xui-Fei checks his ESC
[17:16] <Yarrow> Well, see with echolocation.
[17:16] <Toast> (no, he meant, are there any shelters near by)
[17:16] <Koizumi> (...that's fast; strike that...then)
[17:16] <Toast> (remember the argument from last session? :P)
[17:16] <Yarrow> She didn't transform last battle.
[17:16] <Xui-Fei> "I'm checking now," he says
[17:17] <Yarrow> Someone bring on a dicebot, please.
[17:17] * Sophia nods, watching while Xui does his thing.
[17:17] * Lightdice (~light_ava@d12-70.rt-bras.pell.centurytel.net) has joined #cte
[17:18] <Xui-Fei> (you called)
[17:18] <Yarrow> Xui-Fei finds a shelter about 13 blocks away. Less as the crow flies, but since you're not crows...
[17:19] <Xui-Fei> (brb)
[17:19] <Xui-Fei> "thirteen blocks away from here...."
[17:20] <Koizumi> "That's a fair jog"
[17:20] <Sophia> "Still... we can at least use it."
[17:22] * Sailor_Nietzsche heads underground to see who's alive.
[17:22] <Yarrow> Is Nietzsche just heading into 75 Ecstasy Way?
[17:22] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (yes, time's a wastin' and she's still in senshi form)
[17:23] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (not to mention there's a fair chance there could be people in there who need immediate medical attention)
[17:23] * Sophia will follow Nietzsche.
[17:23] <Yarrow> Is she going to try the elevator or just head for the stairs?
[17:23] * Toast follows
[17:23] * Koizumi bears with.
[17:23] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (stairs)
[17:24] <Yarrow> You head down the wide stairs, but about halfway down, they're blocked with furniture. It looks like it was done intentionally.
[17:24] * Sophia smiles. "Okay... that's good."
[17:24] <Yarrow> You could move it or blast through, but it'd take a little while.
[17:25] <Sailor_Nietzsche> sharply, "I am Sailor Nietzsche."
[17:25] <Yarrow> A woman's voice from below calls back, "Never heard of you."
[17:25] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "If there's anyone inside who needs medical attention, or who desires evacuation to a safer location, now would be an excellent time to speak up."
[17:26] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "Unsurprising; I'm new."
[17:26] <Yarrow> "What kind of 'safer location' are you talking about?"
[17:26] <Sophia> "There's a secured shelter a few blocks from here."
[17:26] * Sailor_Nietzsche starts to speak, but stops when Sophia does.
[17:27] * Koizumi remains quietly back, listening more than speaking.
[17:27] <Sophia> "We recieved a warning that the attackers were going to find your location soon."
[17:27] <Yarrow> There's a moment of silence. "Ok, clear a path and come down here slowly. I want to get a good look at you before deciding anything."
[17:27] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "Fair enough."
[17:28] * Sophia nods. "All right."
[17:28] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (do they start clearing a path, or shoudl I assume a few seconds later that we're intended to do so?)
[17:28] <Yarrow> She said you should do it.
[17:28] <Koizumi> ("Now, since this is most likely an ambush, as soon as we're in range, start killing everything that moves...and to be on the safe side, all the funiture too!")
[17:29] * Koizumi sighs, "Let me see if I can..."
[17:29] * Sailor_Nietzsche shrugs.
[17:30] * Sophia steps back to clear some space for Koi.
[17:30] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "Go for it."
[17:30] * Koizumi feels out the furniture and tries removing from the top, whatever seems lightest. Tugging through her rather...interesting telekensis.
[17:31] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (what makes it interesting?)
[17:31] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (I don't think we've seen it)
[17:31] <Toast> (fuck -_-)
[17:31] <Toast> (my trackpad went out)
[17:32] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (d'oh)
[17:32] <Toast> (meh, it's fine)
[17:32] <Xui-Fei> (back)
[17:32] <Toast> (I just can't do anything other than play now ^^;)
[17:32] <Koizumi> (not a thing makes it interesting, save this would be the first real demonstration)
[17:32] <Yarrow> Furniture starts rising from the barricade, floating to the top of the stairs and gently settling off to the sides.
[17:32] * Sailor_Nietzsche looks over at Koizumi.
[17:33] <Sailor_Nietzsche> quietly, "That's you, right, Koizumi?"
[17:33] * Sophia just watches. "That really is a useful ability..."
[17:33] * Xui-Fei looks over at the surivors, "is everyone alright?"
[17:33] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "Yes."
[17:33] * Koizumi nods, keeping silent while concentrating till enough is out of the way for a clear path.
[17:33] <Toast> "Why the hell didn't you do that sooner?"
[17:34] <Koizumi> "I can't exactly rip doors off their hinges, or do any kind of fine work with it."
[17:34] <Yarrow> The stairs are soon clear.
[17:34] <Sailor_Nietzsche> to Koizumi, "Thank you.. I definately prefer that to shoving it all aside."
[17:34] <Toast> "Even so, a "hey guys, I can move shit with my mind" memo of some sort would have been nice."
[17:34] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (too bad I'm not in normal form I coulda just walked through with superstrength ;p )
[17:34] * Koizumi nods.
[17:35] <Yarrow> Walk down them?
[17:35] <Koizumi> "I told everyone about it already, you just weren't with us at the time..."
[17:35] * Sophia lowers her gun and moves down the stairs slowly.
[17:36] * Sailor_Nietzsche walks down as well.
[17:36] <Toast> "Should someone stay here and keep lookout?"
[17:37] <Yarrow> The stairs lead down to the skate park. It's a very large room with ramps, swells, etc. Not too far from the stairs are more barricades scattered about. Heads poke over them, along with a couple of shotgun barrels and a few handguns.
[17:37] * Sailor_Nietzsche looks around approvingly.
[17:37] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "Good to see someone had the sense to arm themselves."
[17:37] * Sophia smiles, nodding. "I'm glad the weapons were lying around..."
[17:38] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (nietzsche already walked down, so she won't be answering Toast)
[17:38] * Toast stays upstairs to keep lookout
[17:38] <Yarrow> A woman with a shotgun snorts. "I've kinda been preparing for a while now. Though, I actually had a zombie uprising in mind... Most of the preparations worked well enough for this, though."
[17:39] <Toast> (...)
[17:39] * Sailor_Nietzsche looks a little surprised at that.
[17:39] * Xui-Fei raises an eyebrow, "least you were able to fight back....it's been hell out here"
[17:39] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (how many people do I see?)
[17:39] <Yarrow> Where's Koizumi?
[17:40] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (and, if it's within the scope of Enhanced Smell, how many people do I smell?)
[17:40] * Koizumi glances about quietly, eyeing the woman blankely.
[17:40] * Sophia blinkblinks.
[17:40] <Sophia> "Well... at least someone was ready..."
[17:41] <Yarrow> There seem to be about half a dozen people at the barricades, but looking around, you see signs that there are more people staying in the building.
[17:41] <Koizumi> behind the group, base of the stairs I suppose)
[17:41] <Toast> (sigh)
[17:41] <Toast> (brb, reboot)
[17:42] <Yarrow> "Yeah... So, who are you guys, anyway?"
[17:42] <Sophia> "Um... drafted replacement Senshi, I suppose...?"
[17:42] <Xui-Fei> "Xui-Fei Chuan"
[17:42] * Toast (~Pervert@c-71-234-100-239.hsd1.ma.comcast.net) Quit (Connection reset by peer)
[17:42] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "Sailor Nietzsche.. what she said."
[17:42] * Sailor_Nietzsche motions her head at Sophia.
[17:42] <Koizumi> "Koizumi, innocent violenist"
[17:42] <Xui-Fei> "ditto on the replacement Senshi bit....though I'm out of uniform at the moment"
[17:43] <Sophia> (You're a guy right now, don't complicate things :P )
[17:43] * Neko_Arc (~ExUser@cpe-76-83-49-149.socal.res.rr.com) has joined #cte
[17:43] <Koizumi> (hello ko-ko)
[17:43] <Xui-Fei> (I'm also a student of the saotome style foot in mouth is part of the deal)
[17:44] <Yarrow> The woman rises slightly. Sophia notices that her shotgun looks very nice. "Star Valentine--" She's about to say more when a man with the other shotgun shouts, "It's her! The one who wiped out the evac center! Kill her before she transforms!" and opens fire on Koizumi.
[17:44] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+4
[17:44] <Lightdice> Yarrow roll 2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=11 ]{15}
[17:45] <Yarrow> Defense, Koizumi.
[17:45] * Sophia drops her gun and holds up her hands. "Wait! That's the real one! The other was a copy!"
[17:45] * Xui-Fei blinks
[17:45] <Koizumi> roll 2d6+7
[17:45] <Lightdice> Koizumi roll 2d6+7 --> [ 2d6=7 ]{14}
[17:45] <Sailor_Nietzsche> quickly, "Koizumi, go back upstairs!"
[17:46] <Yarrow> The shotgun blast hits hard for 30 damage.
[17:46] * Ataru (~Pervert@pool-71-162-104-174.bstnma.east.verizon.net) has joined #cte
[17:46] <Yarrow> Init
[17:46] <Sophia> (Welcome back Ataru. You just missed Dorin getting shot.)
[17:46] * Koizumi retreats alright, and coughs up a lot of blood. "UGH! Why are people always picking on me?! Leave the blind girl alone, damnit!"
[17:47] * Ataru is now known as Toast
[17:47] <Toast> (what the fuck did he do?)
[17:47] <Sailor_Nietzsche> roll 2d6+10 init
[17:47] <Lightdice> Sailor_Nietzsche roll 2d6+10 init --> [ 2d6=8 ]{18}
[17:47] <Xui-Fei> (blame his duplicate
[17:47] <Sophia> (Looked like her clone.)
[17:47] <Sophia> roll 2d6+5
[17:47] <Koizumi> (had a clone...or ten)
[17:47] <Lightdice> Sophia roll 2d6+5 --> [ 2d6=7 ]{12}
[17:47] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (PM'd)
[17:47] <Koizumi> roll 2d6+3
[17:47] <Lightdice> Koizumi roll 2d6+3 --> [ 2d6=8 ]{11}
[17:47] <Xui-Fei> roll 2d6+4
[17:47] <Lightdice> Xui-Fei roll 2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=4 ]{8}
[17:48] * KotatsuNeko (~Pervert@c-71-234-100-239.hsd1.ma.comcast.net) has joined #cte
[17:48] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+8
[17:48] <Lightdice> Yarrow roll 2d6+8 --> [ 2d6=4 ]{12}
[17:48] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (last line, ataru?)
[17:49] <KotatsuNeko> <Lightdice> Sailor_Nietzsche roll 2d6+10 init --> [ 2d6=8 ]{18}
[17:49] <KotatsuNeko> * Disconnected
[17:49] <Yarrow> roll 2#2d6+4
[17:49] <Lightdice> Yarrow roll 2#2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=3 ]{7}, [ 2d6=6 ]{10}
[17:49] <Yarrow> roll 2#2d6+3
[17:49] <Lightdice> Yarrow roll 2#2d6+3 --> [ 2d6=10 ]{13}, [ 2d6=12 ]{15}
[17:49] <Sophia> (Just missed more init rolls)
[17:50] <KotatsuNeko> (can someone tell me wtf I missed during reboot?)
[17:50] * Toast (~Pervert@pool-71-162-104-174.bstnma.east.verizon.net) Quit (Ping timeout)
[17:50] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (did you get my PM?)
[17:50] <Koizumi> (me getting popped by a shotgun blast for having a clone; and now lots of ini)
[17:50] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (sent again)
[17:51] * Xui-Fei gets infront of Koizumi arms spread out "Wrong one, you faught a dupilcate so did we hell we had both together at the same time...."
[17:51] <Yarrow> Toss in a Toasty init?
[17:51] <KotatsuNeko> (Toast is upstairs keeping look out)
[17:51] <KotatsuNeko> (can he here the shots?)
[17:51] * KotatsuNeko is now known as Toast
[17:52] <Xui-Fei> (I'm assuming you heard the shots)
[17:52] <Yarrow> He definitely hears a shotgun blast from down the stairs.
[17:52] <Toast> lemme reopen my sheet
[17:52] <Toast> (was toast human or stoat?)
[17:53] <Yarrow> Human.
[17:53] <Toast> roll 2d6+4
[17:53] <Lightdice> Toast roll 2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=8 ]{12}
[17:53] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (there's four with shotguns, right?)
[17:53] * Yarrow changes topic to 'Nietz, gun1, gun2 Star/Sophia/Toast, Koi, gun3, Nietz, XF, shotgun'
[17:54] <Yarrow> Star with her shotgun, 1 man with a shotgun, and 3 others with handguns.
[17:55] * Yarrow changes topic to 'Nietz, gun1, gun2, Star/Sophia/Toast, Koi, gun3, Nietz, XF, shotgun'
[17:55] <Koizumi> (watch for flying lead; and hope they don't have full auto-shotguns...never seen the need for one of those)
[17:55] <Yarrow> Nietzsche is up.
[17:55] <Sophia> "Please, stop, it's not her, I killed the one who did it..."
[17:55] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (hmm..)
[17:55] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (sigh.. if we bail, koizumi goes down)
[17:56] * Sailor_Nietzsche quickwalks, over to stand between at least a couple of the gunmen and Koizumi, facing them and addressing them.
[17:56] <Koizumi> (so work on your none-lethal tactics)
[17:56] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "A droid clone of her did that. Please, do not make me fight back."
[17:57] * Sailor_Nietzsche says this a little pleadingly.
[17:57] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (hold action)
[17:58] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (will act before Star depending on hwo the situation plays out)
[17:58] <Yarrow> Star looks undecided. The man with gun1, however, screams, "You killed my sister!" and throws something to the floor near Koizumi.
[17:59] <Xui-Fei> (oh shit I'm right there too...)
[17:59] <Toast> (so, did we ever iron out how TPing explosives works?)
[17:59] <Toast> (soul v soul/mind?)
[18:00] <Yarrow> It bounces and rolls a short distance. It's a gre--no, wait... it's some sort of icosahedron (d20)... The number 12 glows golden on its faces.
[18:00] <Sophia> (Hah! A backup roll!)
[18:00] * Sophia blinks.
[18:00] * Xui-Fei blinks
[18:00] <Xui-Fei> "the hell"
[18:01] <Koizumi> "I wouldn't...stick around...to find out...I think..."
[18:01] <Yarrow> TPing explosives will use your mind stat as your ACV and the target will get a normal defense roll. I may refine that later.
[18:01] <Yarrow> There's a flash of golden light and someone is standing over it.
[18:02] <Toast> (that's fucked up O_O)
[18:02] * Xui-Fei takes a stance ready to cover Koizumi at any moment
[18:02] <Yarrow> It's a scrawny awkward-looking boy in early teens with blond hair, big ears, and dark eyes. He's wearing a white jumpsuit with orange wristbands, orange rings around his upper arms, orange boots, and an orange belt with a holster holding a strange gun dangling from it. The front of his jumpsuit has a deep V-neck that reveals a shirt with alternating light and dark blue horizontal stripes. Everything about him screams nerd.
[18:02] <Toast> (it's a lot more expensive to increase the mind stat then it is defense)
[18:02] <Toast> (and the mind cap is capped a lot lower too)
[18:02] <Yarrow> You can buy ranged combat: teleporting.
[18:02] * Sophia blinkblinks again.
[18:02] <Sophia> "Um... hello?"
[18:03] <Xui-Fei> (blinks* no clue)
[18:03] <Yarrow> He cries in a very nasal voice, "Now you're going to get what you have coming!"
[18:03] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+8
[18:03] <Lightdice> Yarrow roll 2d6+8 --> [ 2d6=7 ]{15}
[18:03] <Toast> (oh FUCK)
[18:03] * Yarrow changes topic to 'Nietz, ???, gun1, gun2, Star/Sophia/Toast, Koi, gun3, Nietz, XF, shotgun'
[18:03] <Toast> (I recognize that boy)
[18:03] <Xui-Fei> (who is it)
[18:03] <Toast> (fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck)
[18:03] <Toast> (Space Ace)
[18:03] <Xui-Fei> (never heard of him)
[18:03] <Toast> (or rahter, his nerdy alter ego)
[18:04] <Toast> (pray he doesn't transform)
[18:04] <Xui-Fei> (still no clue)
[18:04] * Xui-Fei pushes Koizumi out of the way and takes the attack head on
[18:04] <Yarrow> A woman with a handgun tries to shoot at Koizumi.
[18:04] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (that's gun2?)
[18:05] <Toast> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Ace)
[18:05] <Yarrow> Xui-Fei: Stay between Koi & the boy or try to defend her against the gunshot?
[18:05] <Yarrow> Yes, gun2.
[18:06] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (if Star takes aim with that shotgun, I'm taking a called shot at it with a low powered Soul Slicer.. rank 2, say)
[18:06] * Lightdice keeps between Koi and the boy
[18:06] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (btw, does someone have to roll defense against the boy?)
[18:06] * Xui-Fei keeps between Koi and the boy
[18:06] <Sophia> (Not his turn yet, I guess)
[18:06] <Yarrow> Oh, Star's been keeping her shotgun trained on you guys since you walked down the stairs.
[18:07] <Yarrow> The boy hasn't attacked yet.
[18:07] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (okay..)
[18:07] <Yarrow> But she doesn't look like she's sure about firing.
[18:07] <Koizumi> roll 2d6+5-1
[18:07] <Yarrow> roll2d6+4
[18:07] <Lightdice> Koizumi roll 2d6+5-1 --> [ 2d6=5 ]{9}
[18:07] <Lightdice> Yarrow roll --> error: malformed expression
[18:07] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+4
[18:07] <Lightdice> Yarrow roll 2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=7 ]{11}
[18:08] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (I take it these are the gunmen who I *wasn't* blinking LoS to koizumi?)
[18:08] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (gunpersons, anyways)
[18:08] <Yarrow> Yes. I assume you're keeping between Star and Koi and gun3.
[18:09] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (okay)
[18:09] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (that works for me)
[18:09] <Yarrow> Since Star's gun looks like the best at putting holes in things.
[18:09] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (nod)
[18:10] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (anyways.. resolution of the gunshot?)
[18:10] <Yarrow> The gunshot slams into Koizumi, throwing her back a few feet before she transforms into Sailor Phobos in a burst of light.
[18:10] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (hah, that'll surely comfort them.)
[18:11] <Yarrow> Aaaand, yes, that's the signal for all hell to break loose.
[18:11] <Koizumi> "Ugh...leave me alone!"
[18:11] <Yarrow> The man who threw the die shouts, "Get her, kid!"
[18:12] * Xui-Fei reaches for his wand, "ok thats enough we've already explained but do you listen...no like typical sheep mentality you shoot first and ask questions later Mjollnir STAR POWER MAKE UP!"
[18:12] * Xui-Fei is now known as Sailor_Mjollnir
[18:12] <Yarrow> The kid takes an awkward step forward, and then gold sparkles suddenly surround him and he seems to just erupt into a broad shouldered muscular man in his mid-twenties.
[18:12] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "This is idiocy! Let's just GO!"
[18:12] <Yarrow> Man: "Call me Ace, huh."
[18:13] <Sophia> "Stop it, please, just get her out and we can talk!"
[18:13] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (anyways.. are actions in progress, or can I do something?)
[18:13] * Yarrow changes topic to 'Nietz, Ace, gun1, gun2, Star/Sophia/Toast, Koi, gun3, Nietz, Ace, XF, shotgun'
[18:13] * Sailor_Mjollnir points at this Ace and the rest in there, "you all just attacked an innoncent woman you best stop this before I'm forced to...take actions"
[18:14] <Yarrow> Nietzsche, you can take your held action now before Ace takes his held action.
[18:14] <Yarrow> Xui-Fei, you transform on your action.
[18:14] <Yarrow> But haven't yet.
[18:14] <Sophia> "Get her out of here Mjollnir-san!"
[18:14] * Sailor_Nietzsche turns, attempts to scoop up Phobos (body six, oughta be able to), and Jump's almost flat sideways to the stairs (and up it if possible)
[18:15] <Koizumi> "I think leaving is the expedient thing to do...before I get mad..."
[18:15] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (assuming Phobos doesn't attempt to resist/dodge)
[18:16] <Yarrow> Do you let her pick you up, Phobos?
[18:17] <Yarrow> AKA Koizumi?
[18:17] <Koizumi> (You won't see me resisting)
[18:17] * Koizumi is now known as Sailor_Phobos
[18:17] <Sailor_Phobos> Silly me ^^;;;)
[18:17] <Toast> (neither will koi!)
[18:17] <Toast> (/me rimshots)
[18:18] <Yarrow> Ace pulls his gun and fires a bolt of energy at Koizumi/Nietzsche. You can throw yourself in the way if you like, Xui-Fei.
[18:20] * Sailor_Mjollnir does so
[18:20] * Sailor_Mjollnir is now known as Xui-Fei
[18:20] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+12
[18:20] <Lightdice> Yarrow roll 2d6+12 --> [ 2d6=9 ]{21}
[18:20] <Yarrow> Xui-Fei: roll defense at +3.
[18:20] <Xui-Fei> roll 2d6+7
[18:20] <Lightdice> Xui-Fei roll 2d6+7 --> [ 2d6=10 ]{17}
[18:20] <Xui-Fei> (want to add or reroll...)
[18:20] <Yarrow> Add. Always add. :)
[18:20] <Xui-Fei> (shit used the wrong modifier)
[18:21] <Xui-Fei> (should be 18)
[18:21] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (especially when you roll a 10)
[18:21] <Sophia> (You mean it should be 21, Light)
[18:21] <Sophia> (Did you forget the +3?)
[18:21] <Xui-Fei> Sophia (yeah 8+10 is 18)
[18:21] <Xui-Fei> (my normal range def is 5 before the +3)
[18:22] <Sophia> (Ah, pity.)
[18:22] <Yarrow> I assume Nietzche will be taking the defense roll for Phobos at -3, as Phobos can't dodge while being held.
[18:23] <Sailor_Nietzsche> roll 2d6+6-3
[18:23] <Lightdice> Sailor_Nietzsche roll 2d6+6-3 --> [ 2d6=8 ]{11}
[18:23] <Yarrow> The bolt flies into Phobos and attempts to disintegrate her. It manages 39 damage of it.
[18:24] <Yarrow> Star: "Wait, stop shooting... Damnit, I said stop!"
[18:24] <Yarrow> Sophia & Toast are up.
[18:25] * Sophia gapes at that shot, and backs up to stand by Phobos/Nietzsche, a bluish 'goo' swirling out into a dome to cover them. "Please, stop this!"
[18:25] <Sailor_Phobos> "Ouch..."
[18:25] <Sophia> roll 2d6+7 expanding the field?
[18:25] <Lightdice> Sophia roll 2d6+7 expanding the field? --> [ 2d6=9 ]{16}
[18:25] * Sailor_Phobos passes out
[18:25] <Sophia> (Whew)
[18:25] <Yarrow> Phobos has 41hp left by my count...
[18:26] * Toast runs down the stairs, "What the fuck is going on, is it a droid ambush?"
[18:26] <Sailor_Phobos> It's my excuse for a moment, some of the keys on my keyboard keep sticking, cleaning them)
[18:26] <Yarrow> Say no more. Please.
[18:27] <Sailor_Phobos> Actually I will say more, I spilled Mt. Dew on them, get your mind out of the gutter))
[18:27] <Yarrow> Sophia: Any other action?
[18:27] <Sophia> (Holding the rest, for now, and just moving to keep them under the field)
[18:28] <Yarrow> Toast runs down the stairs and sees no droids, but it's clear the situation has gone all to hell. He also sees an oncoming Sailor_Nietzsche + Phobos.
[18:29] <Sailor_Phobos> (oh well, that did little good)
[18:29] <Yarrow> Anything else, Toast?
[18:29] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "We're bailing, FAST!"
[18:30] <Sophia> "Toast-san, don't blow anyone up, please just get them out of here!"
[18:30] <Toast> (can I TP?)
[18:30] <Sophia> (I thought the 'don't blow anyone up' might be needed :P )
[18:30] <Yarrow> It'll take a mind roll, but you can give it a shot. Destination?
[18:30] <Toast> "No one resist!"
[18:30] * Toast teleports everyone to his park
[18:30] * Sailor_Phobos grunts and opens her eyes. "I want icecream after this, for my suffering..."
[18:31] <Toast> roll 2d6+4
[18:31] <Lightdice> Toast roll 2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=7 ]{11}
[18:31] <Toast> (do I need to DR that?)
[18:31] <Toast> (shit, I dunno what the DC was)
[18:31] <Yarrow> The DC is 12.
[18:31] <Toast> DR
[18:32] <Toast> roll 2d6+4
[18:32] <Lightdice> Toast roll 2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=12 ]{16}
[18:32] <Toast> (yaaay)
[18:33] <Yarrow> The party vanishes from the building and reappears in a devastated park.
[18:33] <Yarrow> roll 1d100
[18:33] <Lightdice> Yarrow roll 1d100 --> [ 1d100=3 ]{3}
[18:33] <Yarrow> From one fight into another...
[18:33] <Toast> (oh you have to be fucking kidding me)
[18:33] <Sophia> (Lulz)
[18:33] <Yarrow> One moment.
[18:34] <Xui-Fei> (oh no)
[18:35] <Xui-Fei> (which park the one Toast desmiated or the one I met the red head at)
[18:35] <Yarrow> It seems 3 zerkers were enjoying an outing in the park.
[18:35] <Sophia> (Toast's)
[18:35] <Xui-Fei> (now can I transfrom)
[18:35] <Yarrow> You appear in the middle of them.
[18:35] * Sophia gapes and brings up her gun. (Can I use that held action now? :P )
[18:35] <Toast> (3 zerkers)
[18:35] <Yarrow> Xui-Fei: You can transform.
[18:36] <Yarrow> The disorientation from the sudden teleport warrants new initiative.
[18:36] <Sailor_Nietzsche> roll 2d6+10 init
[18:36] <Lightdice> Sailor_Nietzsche roll 2d6+10 init --> [ 2d6=5 ]{15}
[18:36] <Toast> (of course it does)
[18:36] <Yarrow> Xui-Fei can transform first, however.
[18:36] <Toast> roll 2d6+4
[18:36] <Lightdice> Toast roll 2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=2 ]{6}
[18:37] <Sophia> roll 2d6+5
[18:37] <Lightdice> Sophia roll 2d6+5 --> [ 2d6=10 ]{15}
[18:37] <Sailor_Phobos> roll 2d6+8
[18:37] <Lightdice> Sailor_Phobos roll 2d6+8 --> [ 2d6=9 ]{17}
[18:38] <Yarrow> XF/Mjollnir?
[18:38] <Xui-Fei> roll 2d6+4
[18:38] <Lightdice> Xui-Fei roll 2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=6 ]{10}
[18:39] * Xui-Fei does transform
[18:39] * Xui-Fei is now known as Sailor_Mjollnir
[18:39] <Yarrow> roll 3#2d6+4
[18:39] <Lightdice> Yarrow roll 3#2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=9 ]{13}, [ 2d6=4 ]{8}, [ 2d6=7 ]{11}
[18:40] * Yarrow changes topic to 'Phobos, Nietz/Sophia, z1, z2 Mjoll, z3, Nietz, Toast, Mjoll'
[18:41] <Yarrow> Phobos is up.
[18:41] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "One at a time! We need them down fast!"
[18:42] * Yarrow makes a melee range zerker correction.
[18:43] * Sailor_Phobos (~dorin_rah@dpc6745120147.direcpc.com) Quit (Ping timeout)
[18:44] * Yarrow changes topic to 'Phobos, Nietz/Sophia, z1, z2, Mjoll, z3, Nietz, z1, z2, Toast/z3, Mjoll, z3*2,z1/z2*2'
[18:44] <Yarrow> Phobos holds her action until after Nietze & Sophia go.
[18:44] * Sailor_Phobos (~dorin_rah@dpc6745120147.direcpc.com) has joined #cte
[18:44] <Sophia> (Or perhaps she doesn't?)
[18:45] <Yarrow> No, go anyway.
[18:45] * Sophia picks the nearest one and fires off a burst. "This is turning into a... very... bad... day!"
[18:45] <Sophia> roll 2d6+7
[18:45] <Lightdice> Sophia roll 2d6+7 --> [ 2d6=7 ]{14}
[18:45] <Sailor_Phobos> ...)
[18:45] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+8
[18:45] <Lightdice> Yarrow roll 2d6+8 --> [ 2d6=7 ]{15}
[18:46] <Sophia> (Darn)
[18:46] <Yarrow> Just misses. Nietzsche?
[18:46] <Sailor_Phobos> (what I miss...everything?)
[18:46] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (which was the 'nearest one'?)
[18:46] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (so, anyways, for what reason did Toast have to make a mind roll to teleport?)
[18:47] * Sailor_Nietzsche takes aim, and launches a soul slicer at the 'zerker that Phobos attacked.
[18:47] <Sailor_Nietzsche> roll 2d6+9 (etc..)
[18:47] <Lightdice> Sailor_Nietzsche roll 2d6+9 (etc..) --> [ 2d6=4 ]{13}
[18:47] <Sailor_Phobos> (fighting the intense urge to bomb the building?)
[18:48] <Yarrow> roll 1d4
[18:48] <Lightdice> Yarrow roll 1d4 --> [ 1d4=4 ]{4}
[18:48] <Yarrow> roll 1d3
[18:48] <Lightdice> Yarrow roll 1d3 --> [ 1d3=1 ]{1}
[18:48] <Yarrow> z1 was the one Sophia fired at.
[18:48] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (okay, that's the one I fired at too)
[18:49] <Yarrow> And the teleport check was to quickly grab a bunch of somewhat scattered people out of the middle of combat.
[18:50] <Yarrow> While people were moving in different directions and such.
[18:50] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (what's to grab? he has a radius, that everyone was within, a weight limit, tat we were within)
[18:51] <Yarrow> If you want to argue it, we can do it later.
[18:51] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+8-1
[18:51] <Lightdice> Yarrow roll 2d6+8-1 --> [ 2d6=6 ]{13}
[18:51] <Toast> (after the TPK, you mean?)
[18:51] <Yarrow> Yep. Plenty of time then!
[18:52] <Yarrow> Phobos is up.
[18:52] <Yarrow> I'm assuming Nietzsche dropped her befor attacking.
[18:53] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (I'd figured she'd jumped outta my arms, but that works too)
[18:53] <Yarrow> The pretty disc Sailor_Nietzsche threw hit the zerker and staggered it, btw.
[18:54] <Sailor_Phobos> (alright, what's it lookin like then? the first is still up?))
[18:54] <Yarrow> The first is still up and looks like it can't take another Nietzche disc.
[18:54] * Sailor_Phobos tosses out her hand, "Lightwave!"
[18:54] <Yarrow> But those do hit pretty hard.
[18:55] <Yarrow> At z1?
[18:55] <Sailor_Phobos> roll 2d6+8 on Nisc's target
[18:55] <Lightdice> Sailor_Phobos roll 2d6+8 on Nisc's target --> [ 2d6=9 ]{17}
[18:55] <Sailor_Phobos> si)
[18:55] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+8-3
[18:55] <Lightdice> Yarrow roll 2d6+8-3 --> [ 2d6=7 ]{12}
[18:56] <Yarrow> The beam slams into it... and apparently, Sailor_Nietzsche hits a little bit harder than you do--it's still up, but barely.
[18:56] * Sailor_Phobos frowns, "Icecream, cake, and a cupcake for all this!"
[18:56] <Yarrow> roll 1d4
[18:56] <Lightdice> Yarrow roll 1d4 --> [ 1d4=4 ]{4}
[18:57] <Yarrow> z1 slashes at Phobos.
[18:57] <Yarrow> She's popular today.
[18:57] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+8
[18:57] <Lightdice> Yarrow roll 2d6+8 --> [ 2d6=4 ]{12}
[18:57] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (er.. doesn't Sophia go before it?)
[18:57] <Sophia> (Er... I went first, remember? :P )
[18:58] <Sailor_Phobos> roll 2d6+5
[18:58] <Lightdice> Sailor_Phobos roll 2d6+5 --> [ 2d6=8 ]{13}
[18:58] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (thought that was the held action before init)
[18:58] <Yarrow> Sophia attacked z1 but missed.
[18:58] <Sophia> (Nah, I didn't get to do that after all, since we WERE just as surprised as the zerkers were :P )
[18:58] <Yarrow> roll 1d6
[18:58] <Lightdice> Yarrow roll 1d6 --> [ 1d6=1 ]{1}
[18:59] <Yarrow> z2 attacks Mjollnir.
[18:59] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+8
[18:59] <Lightdice> Yarrow roll 2d6+8 --> [ 2d6=8 ]{16}
[18:59] <Sailor_Mjollnir> roll 2d6+7 assuming range
[18:59] <Lightdice> Sailor_Mjollnir roll 2d6+7 assuming range --> [ 2d6=8 ]{15}
[18:59] <Yarrow> Melle.
[18:59] <Yarrow> Melee.
[19:00] <Sailor_Mjollnir> (then add 1 aka 16)
[19:00] <Yarrow> Which means she just misses.
[19:00] <Yarrow> Mjollnir's up.
[19:00] <Sailor_Mjollnir> (so 1 is hurting bad?)
[19:00] <Yarrow> Yes.
[19:01] * Sailor_Mjollnir turns to Z1, "time to render the hammer of justice, Thor's Hammer!"
[19:01] <Sailor_Mjollnir> roll 2d6+8
[19:01] <Lightdice> Sailor_Mjollnir roll 2d6+8 --> [ 2d6=8 ]{16}
[19:01] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+8-6
[19:01] <Lightdice> Yarrow roll 2d6+8-6 --> [ 2d6=6 ]{8}
[19:01] <Yarrow> The hammer knocks z1 down and out.
[19:01] <Sailor_Mjollnir> (31)
[19:01] * Sailor_Mjollnir catches the hammer on the return trip
[19:02] * Yarrow changes topic to 'Phobos, Nietz/Sophia, z2, Mjoll, z3, Nietz, z2, Toast/z3, Mjoll, z3*2, z2*2'
[19:02] <Yarrow> z3 attacks Mjollnir
[19:02] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+8 melee
[19:02] <Lightdice> Yarrow roll 2d6+8 melee --> [ 2d6=5 ]{13}
[19:02] <Sailor_Mjollnir> roll 2d6+8-1
[19:02] <Lightdice> Sailor_Mjollnir roll 2d6+8-1 --> [ 2d6=9 ]{16}
[19:03] <Yarrow> Mjollnir slips out of the way and Nietzsche is up again.
[19:04] * Sailor_Nietzsche takes a biiiig leap backwards, to get some distance, and unloads on z2.
[19:04] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "Soul Slicer!"
[19:04] <Sailor_Nietzsche> roll 2d6+9 (etc..)
[19:04] <Lightdice> Sailor_Nietzsche roll 2d6+9 (etc..) --> [ 2d6=7 ]{16}
[19:05] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+8
[19:05] <Lightdice> Yarrow roll 2d6+8 --> [ 2d6=5 ]{13}
[19:05] <Yarrow> The disc gives the zerker a nasty slice.
[19:05] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (as long as we finish this one we're not tpking)
[19:05] <Yarrow> z2 continues to attack Mjollnir.
[19:05] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+8
[19:05] <Lightdice> Yarrow roll 2d6+8 --> [ 2d6=3 ]{11}
[19:05] <Sailor_Mjollnir> roll 2d6+8-3
[19:05] <Lightdice> Sailor_Mjollnir roll 2d6+8-3 --> [ 2d6=5 ]{10}
[19:05] <Sailor_Mjollnir> DR
[19:05] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (aww)
[19:05] <Sailor_Mjollnir> roll 2d6+8-3
[19:05] <Lightdice> Sailor_Mjollnir roll 2d6+8-3 --> [ 2d6=9 ]{14}
[19:05] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (nice)
[19:07] <Yarrow> Mjollnir looks like she's going to take a blade to the face but slips on a rock and luckily avoids the attack.
[19:07] <Yarrow> Toast is up.
[19:07] <Toast> (what's the bonus for waiting a round to aim?)
[19:07] <Toast> (+3?)
[19:07] <Toast> (or was it +1?)
[19:07] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (I think it's +1)
[19:07] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (cumulative up to +3)
[19:07] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (but I'd have to check)
[19:07] <Yarrow> +1
[19:08] <Toast> (where are people in relation to the zerkers? anyone I don't have to worry about nailing in the blast radius?)
[19:08] <Yarrow> The zerkers are right in Mjollnir's face.
[19:09] <Sailor_Mjollnir> (yeah lil'o me)
[19:09] <Yarrow> Any area effect that hits them will hit her. The others might not be caught in a small blast but are still close, as are you.
[19:09] <Sophia> (And I'm probably fairly close, Sophia didn't really have anywhere to back up to since we were surrounded, and just fired :P )
[19:09] * Toast tries to distract the zerkers with an illusion of Metel
[19:10] <Yarrow> Your experience from the fight by the subway tunnel suggests that it won't be very effective against droids in melee combat.
[19:11] <Yarrow> Ranged ones might look for cover or shoot at the illusion, but ones in hand to hand will probably just continue attacking.
[19:11] <Toast> ...
[19:11] * Toast skips his turn then
[19:11] <Yarrow> z3 continues to attack Mjollnir.
[19:11] <Yarrow> roll2d6+8
[19:11] <Lightdice> Yarrow roll --> error: malformed expression
[19:11] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+8
[19:11] <Lightdice> Yarrow roll 2d6+8 --> [ 2d6=3 ]{11}
[19:11] <Sophia> (You could try to put a grenade at a bit of a distance, to just have the edge of the blast radius get one of them without endangering the rest. No need to center the grenade.)
[19:12] <Sailor_Mjollnir> roll 2d6+8-6
[19:12] <Lightdice> Sailor_Mjollnir roll 2d6+8-6 --> [ 2d6=6 ]{8}
[19:12] <Toast> (I don't really think that would fly)
[19:12] <Sailor_Mjollnir> (this will hurt)
[19:13] <Toast> (and it'd probably require some sort of insane TN)
[19:13] <Yarrow> The blade opens up a slash on Mjollnir's arm. 5 damage after armor.
[19:13] <Yarrow> Mjollnir's up again.
[19:13] <Sailor_Mjollnir> (*nods*)
[19:14] * Sailor_Mjollnir looks up, "ok then first things first Raiken" and slams her fist into Z2
[19:14] <Sailor_Mjollnir> roll 2d6+8
[19:14] <Lightdice> Sailor_Mjollnir roll 2d6+8 --> [ 2d6=11 ]{19}
[19:14] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+8-1
[19:14] <Lightdice> Yarrow roll 2d6+8-1 --> [ 2d6=4 ]{11}
[19:14] <Sailor_Mjollnir> (soo....close)
[19:14] <Sailor_Mjollnir> (43 before armor)
[19:14] <Yarrow> z2 goes down, just in time.
[19:15] * Yarrow changes topic to 'Phobos, Nietz/Sophia, Mjoll, z3, Nietz, Toast/z3, Mjoll, z3*2'
[19:15] <Yarrow> z3 takes her remaining swings at Mjollnir.
[19:15] <Yarrow> roll 2#2d6+8-6 bypass armor
[19:15] <Lightdice> Yarrow roll 2#2d6+8-6 bypass armor --> [ 2d6=2 ]{4}, [ 2d6=4 ]{6}
[19:15] <Sailor_Mjollnir> roll 2#2d6+8-6
[19:15] <Lightdice> Sailor_Mjollnir roll 2#2d6+8-6 --> [ 2d6=8 ]{10}, [ 2d6=11 ]{13}
[19:15] <Yarrow> Wow, amazing rolls.
[19:16] <Yarrow> Would have missed even without the called shots...
[19:16] <Yarrow> Top of the order. Phobos is up. People regen a bit.
[19:17] * Sailor_Phobos flashes out her hand again. "Lightwave!"
[19:17] <Sailor_Phobos> roll 2d6+8
[19:17] <Lightdice> Sailor_Phobos roll 2d6+8 --> [ 2d6=11 ]{19}
[19:17] <Sailor_Mjollnir> (thank god for that....I thought I was screwed)
[19:17] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+8
[19:17] <Lightdice> Yarrow roll 2d6+8 --> [ 2d6=5 ]{13}
[19:18] <Yarrow> The zerker staggers back.
[19:18] <Yarrow> Nietzsche & Sophia are up.
[19:19] * Sailor_Nietzsche begins to activate another attacks, then holds up for a moment, watching the fight. (Delaying action until before the 'zerker goes).
[19:19] * Sailor_Nietzsche pants a little, her ears drooping ever so slightly.
[19:19] * Sophia backs up, aiming and tapping the trigger to fire a single bullet dead-center on the zerker.
[19:19] <Sophia> roll 2d6+7
[19:19] <Lightdice> Sophia roll 2d6+7 --> [ 2d6=8 ]{15}
[19:19] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+8-1
[19:19] <Lightdice> Yarrow roll 2d6+8-1 --> [ 2d6=11 ]{18}
[19:19] <Sophia> (Or not.)
[19:19] <Yarrow> The zerker twitches out of the way. Mjollnir's up.
[19:20] * Sailor_Mjollnir looks up preping another punch "Raiken!"
[19:20] <Sailor_Mjollnir> roll 2d6+8
[19:20] <Lightdice> Sailor_Mjollnir roll 2d6+8 --> [ 2d6=12 ]{20}
[19:20] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (awww jeah)
[19:20] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (that's the stuff)
[19:20] <Sailor_Mjollnir> (shit double damage thank you combat techinque crit strike)
[19:20] <Toast> (hooray)
[19:20] <Yarrow> And that takes the zerker out.
[19:21] * Sailor_Mjollnir poses fist outstrech...."and stay down"
[19:21] * Sailor_Nietzsche takes a quick look around -- any more 'zerkers or droids, or Serenity forbid dropships?
[19:21] <Yarrow> It looks clear for the moment.
[19:21] <Toast> "Shit, I'm really, really sorry guys."
[19:21] <Toast> "This was the first place I thought of."
[19:21] * Sophia pauses, staring into space for a moment. "... So... why didn't we do that to get there in the first place...?"
[19:21] * Sailor_Nietzsche looks over at Toast.
[19:21] * Sailor_Phobos let's out a breath, "Someone owes me dessert...in triple helping"
[19:22] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "These proved less troublesome than the others would have, Toast."
[19:22] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "At the very least, we could fight them without hesitation."
[19:22] * Sailor_Mjollnir looks at Phobos, "I understand....damn it all that for nothing..."
[19:22] * Sailor_Phobos sighs. "It's what we were all afraid of."
[19:22] * Sailor_Mjollnir detransfroms
[19:22] * Sailor_Mjollnir is now known as Xui-Fei
[19:22] * Sailor_Nietzsche looks over at Xui-Fei.
[19:23] <Yarrow> Xui-Fei is in cooldown and therefore NOT regenerating.
[19:23] <Toast> (healing is once per day, or once per session?)
[19:23] <Sophia> "What nothing? We'll go back there, with no Phobos and no Xui, and try to explain things... teleport back out if they really don't listen."
[19:23] <Xui-Fei> (I figured that much I'm contacting HQ)
[19:23] <Yarrow> Once per day.
[19:23] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "Xui-Fei.. how long does your ESC say it has been since our.. initial fight in the subway?"
[19:23] * Xui-Fei checks how long it's been on
[19:23] <Yarrow> It's been about 1/2 an hour.
[19:23] <Toast> "Go back there? I think they can take care of themselves."
[19:24] * Sailor_Nietzsche looks over at Sophia, and shakes her head slightly.
[19:24] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "We are weakened and vulnerable."
[19:24] <Xui-Fei> "we need to head back to our shelter....we can't get them to come with us"
[19:24] <Yarrow> Some of you are very tired.
[19:24] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "Perhaps another day, should they survive. But not this day."
[19:25] * Xui-Fei yawns
[19:25] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (yeah no kidding)
[19:25] <Toast> "We need to contact or pick up Lillith though."
[19:25] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (39/160 ep here)
[19:25] <Xui-Fei> (same here)
[19:25] <Yarrow> I was wondering if anyone was going to run out of EP. :)
[19:25] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "Xui-Fei ought to be able to reach Lilith.. assuming she does not already receive information though his ESC."
[19:25] <Sophia> "This isn't to fight anything. Without Phobos there, they might not shoot first. If they do, we leave right away. But if we leave them there, if they're found, they will die."
[19:25] * Xui-Fei looks at his ESC, "Lilith come in...."
[19:25] * Sailor_Nietzsche looks straight at Sophia.
[19:26] <Toast> "Them's the breaks."
[19:26] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "Which is unfortunate."
[19:26] <Yarrow> Lilith (via ESC): "Forget someone on your little trip?"
[19:26] * Sailor_Nietzsche looks over at Xui-Fei.
[19:26] <Xui-Fei> "no we had a problem....they shot at Koizumi"
[19:26] <Sophia> "Sorry Lilith... we had to get out in a hurry."
[19:26] * Sailor_Nietzsche starts to say something, then stop when Xui-Fei addresses what she was about to.
[19:26] * Sailor_Phobos let's out a breath and waits for her body to finish knitting itself back together.
[19:26] <Yarrow> Lilith: "Really? How did she make them mad? She never says anything."
[19:27] <Sophia> "They met her clone."
[19:27] <Xui-Fei> "not her persay her droid dupilcate did"
[19:27] <Sailor_Phobos> "I've had rabid fans before...but that was...quite ridiculous."
[19:27] * Sailor_Nietzsche takes another good look around, scanning carefully for any sign of approaching.. anything.
[19:27] <Xui-Fei> "I'm sorry I couldn't protect you" he says to Phobos
[19:28] <Toast> (so, the park is just one giant crater, huh?)
[19:28] <Toast> "Weren't we supposed to meet the brat here?"
[19:28] <Yarrow> Lilith: "Ok. Well, they certainly wouldn't want to see me, so what's the plan now? Are you going back to HQ on your own, do you want Metel to come get you, or what?"
[19:28] * Sailor_Nietzsche looks over at Toast.
[19:28] <Sailor_Nietzsche> almost unwillingly, "...yes, we were."
[19:28] <Yarrow> The park is a bunch of large craters.
[19:28] * Sailor_Nietzsche looks over at the broken 'zerkers.
[19:28] <Sophia> "Wasn't that another park...?"
[19:29] * Xui-Fei looks at the rest of the group, "what's the verdict want Metal to pick us up or walk back?"
[19:29] * Sophia points at Toast. "Neither?"
[19:29] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (wait, was it?)
[19:29] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (now I don't remember)
[19:29] <Toast> (no, this was)
[19:29] <Toast> (we said Toast's park)
[19:29] <Toast> (because it was a bombed out crater)
[19:29] <Sailor_Phobos> "Xui, how were you supposed to expect the people we're *rescuing* to start blasting at us?"
[19:29] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (yeah, that's what I *thought*)
[19:29] <Yarrow> You sent her to your current location.
[19:30] <Yarrow> Lilith: "Metel might not be the best bet, what with the clear sky and all."
[19:30] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "... this fight cannot help but have attracted some sort of undesireable attention."
[19:30] * Sophia looks around, frowning. "She's not here..."
[19:30] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "I suggest we make a brief search of this area for Keiko, before leaving promptly."
[19:30] * Sophia nods.
[19:31] <Xui-Fei> "if you heard Doc's suggestion we are gonna go with that," he says agreeing with it"
[19:31] <Yarrow> Lilith: "I suppose I'll just walk this body over to HQ, unless you have a better idea, then."
[19:32] <Sophia> "Um... couldn't Toast-san teleport us and you?"
[19:32] <Toast> "I can pick her up."
[19:32] * Xui-Fei nods
[19:33] <Yarrow> Lilith: "You sure he knows this spot well enough?"
[19:33] <Yarrow> Lilith: "I'm not sure how this whole teleport thing works."
[19:33] * Sailor_Nietzsche looks over at Toast.
[19:34] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "What is required for you to target a location?"
[19:34] * Toast looks at the GM
[19:34] <Toast> "Huh, well, I think I might be able to kind of like, look at where she is."
[19:35] <Toast> "Like... Look with my mind."
[19:35] <Toast> (I completly forgot about scry XD)
[19:35] <Yarrow> A place you know well, like HQ or this park are no problem. You've never tried going to a place you've only been to once while concentrating on other things for the most part... You can try, but you'll need to roll for it. The sooner you try it since leaving, the better. You'll also want to take your time in the actual attempt. Of course, scrying Lilith avoids all that this time.
[19:36] * Dorin (~dorin_rah@dpc6745120147.direcpc.com) has joined #cte
[19:37] * Sophia blinks. "Wow... you can?"
[19:37] * Toast nods
[19:37] <Toast> "I kind of forgot about it, I can only do it in human form."
[19:37] * Xui-Fei smirks, "cool"
[19:38] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "Well.."
[19:38] * Sailor_Phobos (~dorin_rah@dpc6745120147.direcpc.com) Quit (Quit: )
[19:38] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "Should that not work, you could ask Lillith to provide a visual feed at her location."
[19:38] * Dorin is now known as Sailor_Phobos
[19:38] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "Though Xui-Fei's ESC, that is."
[19:39] <Toast> "Right, well, if I pick her up, I can't teleport us all back."
[19:39] <Toast> "So I'll need to make two trips."
[19:39] * Sailor_Nietzsche looks around again, turning a full 360 degrees to scan the horizon for droids and/or movement.
[19:39] <Toast> "I say we look for the brat first, then I take everyone back, then I pick her up."
[19:39] * Sailor_Phobos keeps her ears open, but as soon as her body is recovered from her wounds, releases her transformation.
[19:39] <Sailor_Nietzsche> to Toast, "That seems reasonable."
[19:40] * Sailor_Phobos is now known as Koizumi
[19:40] * Sophia nods. "Right..."
[19:40] <Yarrow> Note: Xui-Fei has seen better days.
[19:40] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (how long was he in mjollnir form?, like 20 seconds?)
[19:40] <Yarrow> But she should start regenerating soon.
[19:41] <Yarrow> In fact, there she goes, starting to heal.
[19:41] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "I will search 'that way'. Let us each pick a direction and search for a couple minutes, returning if she, or anything else, is found."
[19:41] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "Any objections?"
[19:41] <Xui-Fei> "none here" has he feels himself starting to feel better
[19:42] * Sailor_Nietzsche looks over at Sophia and Koizumi.
[19:42] * Sophia shakes her head. "No... I'll head that way, I'm still in good shape."
[19:42] * Toast will attempt to scry the park
[19:42] * DCG (PyroRaven@c-24-1-147-252.hsd1.il.comcast.net) has joined #cte
[19:42] * ChanServ sets mode: +oa DCG DCG
Last edited by Alathon on Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Last week, I tried praying. But I found I was only talking to myself. Don't worry, I learned my lesson last time. This time, no disciples!" - N. Reynolds, To Tell a Hawk from a Handsaw
Alathon
User avatar
Chibi Sailor Senshi
Posts: 322
 

Re: Once again! DCG- Crystal Tokyo BESM game. Survival-Horror

Postby Alathon » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:50 am

Session 8 - part 2

[19:42] <Koizumi> "It might be better if I just...mill around some...or follow someone...I'm not good for much more than hearing right now"
[19:43] <Yarrow> You detransformed, Koizumi?
[19:43] <Xui-Fei> (yeah Koi shouldn't be detransformed for a while)
[19:43] <Koizumi> (okay then)
[19:43] * Koizumi is now known as Sailor_Phobos
[19:43] <Sailor_Phobos> (but if I run out of gas...I haunt you all!)
[19:44] <Yarrow> Ok, so you guys are going to split up? :)
[19:44] <Toast> (did my scry attempt work?)
[19:45] <Sophia> (Yeah, we are)
[19:45] * Sailor_Nietzsche does a real, real quick search off 'that way'.
[19:45] <Yarrow> I don't see any details for how scrying works on your character sheet... How *does* it work?
[19:46] <Toast> (Great timing, DCG just joined)
[19:46] * Sailor_Phobos goes to do a check.
[19:46] <DCG> (been out of power all day, what about me now?)
[19:47] <Toast> (how does Toast's scrying work?)
[19:47] <Sophia> (Yo DC man)
[19:47] <Yarrow> 5 minute break while DCG wonders how scrying works. :)
[19:47] <DCG> wait what?
[19:48] <Sailor_Phobos> Poor DCG, getting dragged into this
[19:49] <Yarrow> Toast's sheet has 'Sixth Sense: scry (2cp)' I don't know how that's supposed to work.
[19:50] <Xui-Fei> (isn't that a mind roll)
[19:52] <DCG> well
[19:52] <DCG> wouldnt scry'ing need a tool/
[19:52] <DCG> hmm, what would a terrost ferret use as a scry tool..
[19:53] <Sophia> (Traditionally, though not necessarily. Toast would spec it with an equipment modifier if he needed a tool, right?)
[19:54] * DCG shurgs
[19:54] <DCG> spent shell caseings?
[19:54] <Toast> gunpowder?
[19:55] <Yarrow> Ok... Ataru, do you want Toast to be able to scry out both people and places, just places, or just people?
[19:55] <Toast> both
[19:56] <Yarrow> Ok. 2cp is pretty cheap, so I'm thinking it'll have a range limit that can be upgraded.
[19:57] <Yarrow> Since Toast has never used the power before, it'll make sense for him to be unfamiliar with it.
[19:58] <Yarrow> For now, you can scry around the park if you want, staying in one spot and seeing it as if you were walking around.
[19:58] <Yarrow> Is everyone ready to continue?
[19:58] <Toast> (what's the range limit? I need to be able to scry Lillith later)
[19:59] <Yarrow> Good chance that will fail. But Toast doesn't know that yet.
[19:59] <Sophia> (I'm ready)
[20:00] <Xui-Fei> (yo)
[20:01] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (ready)
[20:01] <Toast> (nothing can ever be simple, can it?)
[20:03] <Yarrow> Enh. If we'd been working on the character together from the start, it wouldn't have cropped up now. But we didn't, and I didn't want to go over everything DCG'd approved with a fine toothed combe.
[20:03] <Yarrow> Ok, let's resume.
[20:04] <Yarrow> roll 1d4
[20:04] <Lightdice> Yarrow roll 1d4 --> [ 1d4=2 ]{2}
[20:05] <Yarrow> You split up to scout the park. Toast opts to do it magically.
[20:06] * Sailor_Phobos tries to select a place with the fewest obstructions to her echo-vision.
[20:06] <Toast> (there shouldn't be any, the park was vaped)
[20:07] <Sophia> (Well, there might be a couple hunks of debris sitting around... :P )
[20:07] <Yarrow> There are no trees or such, but there are a bunch of craters and mounds of dirt/debris/rocks.
[20:09] * Sailor_Phobos makes a quick sweep, and if spotting nothing, returns.
[20:10] * Sophia looks around carefully, moving out to the edge of the park if it doesn't take too long.
[20:11] <Yarrow> Sophia doesn't find much. Neither do Phobos or Toast.
[20:11] <Sailor_Nietzsche> roll 2d6+10 init
[20:11] <Lightdice> Sailor_Nietzsche roll 2d6+10 init --> [ 2d6=8 ]{18}
[20:11] <Yarrow> roll 4#2d6+2
[20:11] <Lightdice> Yarrow roll 4#2d6+2 --> [ 2d6=5 ]{7}, [ 2d6=5 ]{7}, [ 2d6=6 ]{8}, [ 2d6=7 ]{9}
[20:11] <Yarrow> roll 2#2d6+3
[20:11] <Lightdice> Yarrow roll 2#2d6+3 --> [ 2d6=9 ]{12}, [ 2d6=4 ]{7}
[20:12] <Sophia> (Nietzsche does though)
[20:12] <Sophia> (Er... can any of us see or hear that Nietzsche's having fun over there? :P )
[20:12] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (not yet ;p )
[20:12] <Xui-Fei> (yeah good question...)
[20:12] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (when they open fire that should let you know ;p )
[20:12] <Yarrow> Hnh. Looks like Sailor_Nietzsche is amusing herself by jumping around.
[20:14] <Yarrow> roll 4#2d6+4-2
[20:14] <Lightdice> Yarrow roll 4#2d6+4-2 --> [ 2d6=7 ]{9}, [ 2d6=9 ]{11}, [ 2d6=6 ]{8}, [ 2d6=9 ]{11}
[20:14] <Sailor_Nietzsche> roll 2d6+6
[20:14] <Lightdice> Sailor_Nietzsche roll 2d6+6 --> [ 2d6=8 ]{14}
[20:14] <Sailor_Nietzsche> roll 2d6+6-1
[20:14] <Lightdice> Sailor_Nietzsche roll 2d6+6-1 --> [ 2d6=11 ]{16}
[20:14] <Sailor_Nietzsche> roll 2d6+6-3
[20:14] <Lightdice> Sailor_Nietzsche roll 2d6+6-3 --> [ 2d6=10 ]{13}
[20:15] <Sailor_Nietzsche> roll 2d6+6-6
[20:15] <Lightdice> Sailor_Nietzsche roll 2d6+6-6 --> [ 2d6=6 ]{6}
[20:15] <Yarrow> The sound of light droid-fire rings out.
[20:15] * Sophia blinks, turning to face it and see what's happening.
[20:16] * Toast breaks concentration to head towards the droid fire
[20:16] <Sailor_Phobos> "And just when I was hoping for some peace..."
[20:16] <Yarrow> Sailor_Nietzsche comes into view, sprinting towards you. A moment later, a couple of red droids show up behind her and a moment after that, 4 metal droids show up even further behind.
[20:16] <Sailor_Nietzsche> shouting, "Incoming, meet back where we were!"
[20:17] <Yarrow> Well, toward Toast and the spot you all started from.
[20:17] <Toast> (ah, so this is where the TPK happens)
[20:17] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (nah, they're wussy ones)
[20:17] * Sophia brings up her rifle, nodding, and moves back towards the meeting place, firing short bursts as she gets targets.
[20:18] <Yarrow> Ooh, metal droids and red droids. Are you afraid of the monster under your bed too? :p
[20:18] <Sophia> (Aka, as I get turns :P )
[20:18] * Sailor_Phobos moves to help intercept.
[20:18] <Toast> (there are probably 100 glass droids that we can't detect in any way shape or form until we've been stabbed following them)
[20:18] <Yarrow> The reds are trying to close to melee (but not suceeding too well) while the metal droids take pot shots at Sailor_Nietzsche.
[20:19] <Sailor_Phobos> (If you should suddenly happen to see me scream in pain an hold my ears, yeah, you'd know about the glass)
[20:20] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (anyways.. anyhthing else happening, or should I just keep running?)
[20:20] * Xui-Fei looks towards the sound and rushes for it
[20:20] <Yarrow> The party meets at Toast. Do you take out the droids or just teleport out?
[20:20] * Sailor_Nietzsche turns to face the droids as soon as she's got a couple backup, drawing the knife.
[20:21] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "Should be easy.. didn't want to wait.. for backup."
[20:21] <Xui-Fei> (prays we port out)
[20:21] * Sailor_Nietzsche is breathing a little heavily.
[20:21] <Sophia> (Well, I'm shooting them as I move :P )
[20:21] <Xui-Fei> (no ranged attacks yet for normal side)
[20:22] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (need to get you some ninja-to)
[20:22] <Yarrow> Ok...
[20:22] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (to take advantage of the superstrength)
[20:22] <Yarrow> roll 4#2d6+4 @ Nietzsche
[20:22] <Lightdice> Yarrow roll 4#2d6+4 @ Nietzsche --> [ 2d6=7 ]{11}, [ 2d6=5 ]{9}, [ 2d6=9 ]{13}, [ 2d6=9 ]{13}
[20:22] * Sailor_Phobos (~dorin_rah@dpc6745120147.direcpc.com) Quit (Ping timeout)
[20:22] <Sailor_Nietzsche> roll 2d6+6
[20:22] <Lightdice> Sailor_Nietzsche roll 2d6+6 --> [ 2d6=10 ]{16}
[20:22] <Sailor_Nietzsche> roll 2d6+6-1
[20:22] <Lightdice> Sailor_Nietzsche roll 2d6+6-1 --> [ 2d6=11 ]{16}
[20:22] <Sailor_Nietzsche> roll 2d6+6-3
[20:22] <Lightdice> Sailor_Nietzsche roll 2d6+6-3 --> [ 2d6=8 ]{11}
[20:22] <Sailor_Nietzsche> roll 2d6+6-6
[20:22] <Lightdice> Sailor_Nietzsche roll 2d6+6-6 --> [ 2d6=11 ]{11}
[20:23] <Xui-Fei> (no super strenght yet)
[20:23] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (thought you had one rank?)
[20:23] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (can't really lift cars without it ;p )
[20:23] <Yarrow> One shot pings off of Nietszche's outfit. The droids close in, and as I assume you're not going to fight stupidly, you manage to wipe them out pretty easily.
[20:24] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (works for me)
[20:24] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (though nietzsche was gonna knife-fight, so that might count as stupid)
[20:24] <Sophia> (Heh. Just closing the scene instead? :P )
[20:24] <Yarrow> You don't even use up any more precious EP.
[20:24] * Sailor_Phobos (~dorin_rah@dpc6745120147.direcpc.com) has joined #cte
[20:24] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (wb, last line dorin?)
[20:25] <Yarrow> A minute later, you're standing there with a few more droid bodies lying on the ground.
[20:25] <Sailor_Phobos> a die roll)
[20:26] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (okay, never mind)
[20:26] * Sophia lowers her rifle, blinking.
[20:26] <Toast> "So, anyone find the brat?"
[20:27] * Sophia shakes her head. "No..."
[20:27] * Sailor_Nietzsche spits out a fairly nasty CT curse..
[20:27] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "Serenity's time of the month!"
[20:27] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "..no, I did not."
[20:27] * Sailor_Phobos looks on blankly.
[20:28] * Xui-Fei winces at that
[20:28] <Xui-Fei> "damn doc when your mad you know how to swear"
[20:28] <Toast> "I couldn't find anything either."
[20:28] <Toast> (lol)
[20:28] <Xui-Fei> "no such luck"
[20:28] * Sophia closes her eyes, hissing quietly.
[20:29] <Sailor_Nietzsche> to Toast, angrily, "It would be best if we left promptly, before further droids find us."
[20:29] <Xui-Fei> "I think it might be a good idea to get the hell out of here"
[20:29] <Sophia> "I... yes..."
[20:30] <Sailor_Phobos> "Agreed"
[20:31] <Toast> "Hey, I said I was sorry!"
[20:31] * Toast takes everyone back to HQ
[20:33] <Yarrow> Next to Metel?
[20:33] <Toast> (sure)
[20:34] <Yarrow> You arrive on the helipad next to Metel.
[20:34] * Sailor_Nietzsche droops, then leans against whatever's nearest that looks sturdy.
[20:34] * Sophia sighs deeply, closing her eyes and leaning against Metel's hull.
[20:35] * Toast starts scrying for Lillith
[20:35] * Sailor_Phobos waits until they land softly at target, before patting Toast. "I don't blame you for anything, for what it's worth."
[20:35] * Sailor_Nietzsche shimmers a moment later, shifting out of her Senshi form.
[20:35] * Sailor_Nietzsche is now known as Alaric-chan
[20:36] <Yarrow> Toast tries to see droid Lilith but can't quite seem to get her.
[20:36] * Sophia drops her head into her hands, and detransforms.
[20:36] * Sophia is now known as Valery
[20:36] <Yarrow> Jake: "Hey, I heard things didn't go so well."
[20:37] * Valery looks up, and nods.
[20:37] * Sailor_Phobos blows a raspberry at Jake and returns to being herself. "That's one way to put it."
[20:37] * Xui-Fei finds a seat and sits down..."that was one hell of a bad day"
[20:37] <Yarrow> Koizumi returns to herself with 4 hp.
[20:38] <Toast> "Shit."
[20:38] * Alaric-chan looks over at Jake.
[20:38] <Toast> "I'm having trouble picking up lillith."
[20:38] * Sailor_Phobos immediatly sits down with a soft groan.
[20:38] * Sailor_Phobos is now known as Koizumi
[20:39] <Alaric-chan> "We quarrelled, killed some droids, killed some more droids, were assaulted by the people we intended to rescue, killed some more droids, and have returned with neither Keiko nor the people in question."
[20:39] <Yarrow> An unfamiliar woman with a lithe body and straight red hair walks from inside Metel's cabin to the open door. She says with Lilith's voice, "Well, at least no one important died."
[20:39] * Valery looks up. "Lilith-san...?"
[20:39] <Alaric-chan> (does she say that before or after Alaric speaks)
[20:40] * Xui-Fei raises an eyebrow
[20:40] <Alaric-chan> (?)
[20:40] <Yarrow> Mm, I started typing it before, but it works afterwards too, so after.
[20:40] * Alaric-chan slides her eyes over to the read-headed woman for a moment, consideringly, before looking over at Valery.
[20:40] <Alaric-chan> "You certainly know how to pick them."
[20:41] * Alaric-chan says this without inflection.
[20:41] * Valery blinks.
[20:41] <Yarrow> She nods to Valery.
[20:41] * Valery cocks her head curiously.
[20:41] <Valery> (There should be a 'whoosh' sound effect for how that completely went over Val's head :P )
[20:42] <Yarrow> Lilith: "I can just walk the droid back here. Who's going to attack her?"
[20:42] * Alaric-chan leans his head back and closes his eyes.
[20:42] <Alaric-chan> (her)
[20:42] * Koizumi listens quietly, but her eyes are closed and looks more ready to sleep than anything.
[20:42] <Toast> "Ok, I guess that works then."
[20:43] * Valery nods. "All right... thank you."
[20:44] <Yarrow> Jake: "Man, you guys look beat."
[20:44] <Valery> "I... suppose we should get some rest, but we also need to get out there again... Explain things properly... at least try..."
[20:44] <Xui-Fei> "were fine you should see the other guy"
[20:45] <Xui-Fei> (cliche Ranma dialoge)
[20:45] <Yarrow> Jake: "Yeah? What other guy?"
[20:45] <Xui-Fei> "well other droids actually"
[20:45] * Valery blinks, grasping at her shoulders and looking down. Seems the shawl's missing.
[20:45] <Yarrow> Jake shrugs. "They start out ugly."
[20:47] <Koizumi> "Next time we go looking for survivors...I think I'll keep the lunchroom company instead..."
[20:47] <Yarrow> There's a ding and the elevator doors open. Dizzy comes out with a cart bearing food and drink, including coffee.
[20:47] * Alaric-chan remains inanimate, eyes closed.
[20:47] * Toast examines the food, sniffing at it curiously
[20:47] <Yarrow> There's a plate of toast among the food.
[20:48] * Xui-Fei accepts the food, "thanks" he says with a half smirk
[20:48] * Valery sighs, and takes something, nodding to Dizzy. "Thank you..."
[20:48] <Yarrow> She squeezes Alaric's shoulder.
[20:49] * Toast takes the toast, and whatever looks like meat
[20:49] * Toast also tries the coffee
[20:50] <Xui-Fei> "though I have to say if it wasn't for Lilith waking up I probably would of been dead cause of this new addon"
[20:51] <Yarrow> Dizzy: "Really?"
[20:51] * Koizumi turns her head to listen at snippets on conversation, but is much to drained to reply.
[20:51] <Yarrow> (Dizzy: "Did you piss off the GM or something?")
[20:51] <Toast> "Hey, what's wrong with this meat?"
[20:51] <Toast> "It's all... burned and stuff."
[20:51] <Xui-Fei> "yeah a new droid type showed up and tried to hack my ESC and give me a leathal injection of a drug"
[20:52] * Alaric-chan hesitates a bit before opening her eyes.
[20:52] <Yarrow> Lilith, as she sips a tall, slender glass of lemonade through a straw: "It's cooked."
[20:52] <Toast> "cooked?"
[20:52] * Alaric-chan looks up at Dizzy.
[20:52] <Alaric-chan> "Oh.. hey."
[20:52] * Alaric-chan warms up, and then stands up.
[20:52] * Toast looks horrified
[20:52] * Valery blinks, looking at Lilith. "Wow... you can taste that? That's amazing..."
[20:52] <Alaric-chan> "Sorry about that.. I was just a little out of it."
[20:52] <Toast> "Why would anyone do that to perfectly good meat?"
[20:52] <Xui-Fei> "yeah us humans have a hard time eating raw meat too many bacteria that harms us"
[20:52] <Yarrow> Lilith: "Treated with fire. It kills parasites and improves the taste of many things for humans."
[20:53] <Yarrow> Lilith waves the glass. "This? It isn't even real."
[20:53] <Yarrow> She drops the glass, which falls a meter before simply vanishing.
[20:53] * Xui-Fei raises an eyebrow, "how?"
[20:54] * Koizumi yawns and forces herself to stand. "I think...I should take a nice, long nap...maybe for a week or so."
[20:54] <Valery> "Ahhhh, I see... Just for fun...?"
[20:54] * Toast tries the cooked meat... then puts it down and sticks with toast
[20:54] <Yarrow> Lilith: "It's more social."
[20:54] * Xui-Fei nods kinda getting that
[20:54] <Yarrow> Toast is in human form currently?
[20:54] <Toast> (yes)
[20:55] <Toast> (but old habbits die hard :P)
[20:55] <Yarrow> Lilith: "You'll need to eat a more varied diet than that in human form, if you want to stay healthy."
[20:55] <Yarrow> Dizzy starts massaging Alaric's shoulders.
[20:55] <Toast> "I'll just get it raw next time."
[20:56] <Yarrow> Dizzy: "I'm didn't think of droids being able to hack your ESC, Xui-Fei. I'm sorry."
[20:56] * Alaric-chan 's eyes droop a bit.. a few moments later, she starts purring.
[20:56] * Alaric-chan 's tail waves lazily, batting against Dizzy's knees.
[20:56] <Yarrow> Dizzy: "I know you've had a rough day, everyone, but there is something else you're going to need to address in the next day or so..."
[20:56] * Koizumi begins to make her way...someplace, to rest. (Smacking Xui in the knees with her cane on the way)
[20:57] * Alaric-chan stops purring with an odd sort of hiccough.
[20:57] * Valery moans slightly, rubbing her eyes and looking at Dizzy for elaboration.
[20:57] <Yarrow> Dizzy: "The people inside are scared, confused, and anxious about what's going on and what's going to happen."
[20:58] <Yarrow> Dizzy: "I've done what I can to reassure them, but they really need to hear something from 'the new senshi'."
[20:58] * Xui-Fei winces at that
[20:58] <Alaric-chan> ("We're running low on food. Here are your meal tickets. Low numbers are meals first.")
[20:58] * Xui-Fei then nods, "I figured something like this would happen"
[20:59] * Toast detransforms into stoat mode
[20:59] <Yarrow> Dizzy: "Not right now, of course, but if I can schedule a meeting, that alone will reassure them a bit for now."
[20:59] <Toast> "Don't look at me, I'm just a stoat."
[20:59] <Yarrow> Dizzy, dryly: "Actually, I think they probably prefer to tell themselves that."
[21:00] * Valery closes her eyes, and nods.
[21:00] <Alaric-chan> "Perhaps this evening? A couple hours time should allow us sufficient recuperation to head back out, and make another attempt at recovering the group we met earlier."
[21:00] * Koizumi sighs at the bit of information. (And smacks Xui in the knees again.)
[21:00] <Valery> "Okay... we need to get something we can actually tell them..."
[21:00] <Toast> "We're going back for those jerks?"
[21:01] <Alaric-chan> tired, "Yes. I am fairly certain it is our job, and their reaction, while unfortunate, was not stupid."
[21:01] <Valery> "They weren't jerks... the clone Phobos attacked a shelter beforehand, they wouldn't know there's a real one..."
[21:01] * Xui-Fei winces again,
[21:01] <Yarrow> Jake: "She did? Whoa, I didn't know that."
[21:02] <Xui-Fei> "yeah.....though who here was suprized when that guy throw that 20 sided thing and that dork with a gun showed up?"
[21:02] * Xui-Fei raises his own hand
[21:02] <Valery> "We... need to get something we can actually tell everyone. Should we try to scout around the palace, at least a little...?"
[21:02] * Alaric-chan doesn't bother to raise her hands.
[21:03] <Toast> "There's another possibility."
[21:03] <Toast> "We don't know that was the only clone of Phobos."
[21:03] <Toast> "Maybe there's more?"
[21:03] <Alaric-chan> "Koizumi and Valery will inspect them."
[21:03] * Valery winces.
[21:04] <Alaric-chan> questioningly, "...will you not?"
[21:05] * Valery nods. "Yeah..."
[21:05] <Yarrow> Chance: "You find looking into people's minds disturbing?"
[21:06] <Valery> "What's going to be in those minds? After yesterday?"
[21:06] <Yarrow> Chance: "Yesterday?"
[21:07] <Alaric-chan> "All manner of trauma and perturbations."
[21:07] <Valery> (Well... whichever day it was. I've lost track. :P )
[21:07] <Alaric-chan> (heh, so have I)
[21:08] <Yarrow> (I'm sure yesterday was a bad day, too. :) )
[21:08] * Alaric-chan looks over at Xui-Fei.
[21:08] <Valery> "Yesterday... the day before... I'm not even sure how long has passed..."
[21:09] <Alaric-chan> "Xui-Fei, do you know if there is a P.A. system in this place? If nobody else is so inclined, I will address them and inform them of a meeting this eve."
[21:09] <Yarrow> Dizzy: "There is. And we have the comm system up and running inside the building."
[21:09] <Xui-Fei> "I see,"
[21:10] <Yarrow> Dizzy: "I'll let them know, if you like."
[21:10] * Alaric-chan reaches up to her shoulder and gives Dizzy's hand a squeeze.
[21:10] <Alaric-chan> "Thanks."
[21:10] <Yarrow> She smiles at Alaric.
[21:10] <Yarrow> Dizzy: "But tomorrow will be soon enough if you need more time."
[21:10] * Alaric-chan steps away from Dizzy a little, and turns to face her.
[21:11] * Alaric-chan shakes her head a little.
[21:11] <Alaric-chan> "Should we recover these addition people, their knowledge of the clones will spread quickly."
[21:11] <Alaric-chan> "We should move quickly to offer at least some minor reassurance."
[21:12] <Yarrow> Dizzy: "All right. I'll go let them know. You should finish lunch and then get some rest."
[21:12] * Alaric-chan nods sharply, in agreement.
[21:12] * Alaric-chan hesitates, then speaks again.
[21:13] <Alaric-chan> "Thank you for bringing this up.. I suspect I should have put it off as long as possible otherwise."
[21:13] <Alaric-chan> "For my own part, at least."
[21:13] <Yarrow> She starts walking to the elevator but pauses partway there and turns to Valery. "Oh, Valery, your brother's looking for you."
[21:13] * Valery starts. "Ah... Where is he now?"
[21:13] <Yarrow> She gives Val a room number then gives Alaric a sharp nod and goes into the elevator
[21:14] * Valery stands up, patting herself down.
[21:14] <Yarrow> The doors open before she hits the button.
[21:14] <Alaric-chan> (flames gush out, consuming her entirely!)
[21:14] * Xui-Fei blinks shrugs it off and heads in "I'm gonna try and get some sleep"
[21:14] <Yarrow> She walks in and waits if anyone moves to join her.
[21:14] <Alaric-chan> "Er.. are we actually willing to make another attempt shortly?"
[21:15] * Alaric-chan walks over to the food cart and starts loading down a plate with assorted foodstuffs.
[21:15] <Yarrow> Dizzy: "You look like you need some sleep before going back out again."
[21:15] * Alaric-chan looks over at Dizzy.
[21:16] * Valery nods. "I'm ready to go whenever you are... I guess I was pushing too hard, earlier..."
[21:16] <Alaric-chan> "A couple hours, yes, but even that could be too long."
[21:16] <Yarrow> Dizzy: "If you all get killed because you're too tired to react properly, you won't be doing anyone any good."
[21:16] * Alaric-chan starts eating, her portions largely composed of meats.
[21:16] <Alaric-chan> "hnnf."
[21:16] <Yarrow> (Alaric-chan: "Wait... aren't I supposed to be on the other side of this argument?")
[21:16] * Alaric-chan looks embarassed, and quickly finishes chewing.
[21:17] <Alaric-chan> (it's.. only midmorning to middayish, isn't it?)
[21:17] <Alaric-chan> (and we all got about 6 hours sleep last night, trading off)
[21:17] <Yarrow> Yep.
[21:17] <Alaric-chan> (over the 12 hour period)
[21:17] <Yarrow> You also went down to 39/160 EP.
[21:17] <Alaric-chan> (yeah)
[21:18] <Alaric-chan> (so I need a couple hours... 121 minutes ;p )
[21:18] <Yarrow> Yep.
[21:18] <Alaric-chan> (well, Alaric doesn't know that precisely, he wants a catnap ;p )
[21:18] <Yarrow> You know you don't have much senshi power left in you.
[21:18] <Valery> (Or you could pick up a gun, I'm still at like 140 EP... :P )
[21:18] <Alaric-chan> "...you have a point. We'll see how we feel after a short nap. All of us.. if we are not up to speed, we will wait longer."
[21:19] * Valery nods. "Right."
[21:19] <Alaric-chan> (I have a gun, it does like, nothing, ;p )
[21:19] <Valery> (Heh)
[21:19] <Alaric-chan> "Oh.."
[21:19] <Yarrow> There's a reason Nietzsche racked up so many more kills than Valery. ;)
[21:19] * Toast stops and stares off into space for a second
[21:19] * Alaric-chan turns to face Metel.
[21:19] <Alaric-chan> "Lilith.. might I have a word?"
[21:20] * Alaric-chan sets aside his plate, and draws her dagger from Inventory.
[21:20] <Yarrow> Lilith: "Of course."
[21:20] * Alaric-chan walks over to her.
[21:20] <Yarrow> Lilith: "Toss it over and I'll activate it."
[21:20] <Alaric-chan> "Do you have..."
[21:20] * Valery bows to Lilith. "I'll be back in a while, I'd like to see Aleks right now..."
[21:20] * Alaric-chan trails off, and looks faintly sheepish.
[21:20] * Valery turns and moves to the elevator.
[21:21] * Toast suddenly rattles off "While resting out of senshi form, we regain a small portion of energy every minute."
[21:21] * Alaric-chan walks over to Lilith and hands her the dagger, then looks over to Toast.
[21:21] <Alaric-chan> "Oh?"
[21:21] * Koizumi (~dorin_rah@dpc6745120147.direcpc.com) Quit (Connection reset by peer)
[21:21] <Toast> "This requires true rest, no merely being out of senshi form."
[21:21] <Alaric-chan> "I had surmised as much, but how.. oh."
[21:21] * Toast snaps back to reality
[21:21] * Alaric-chan looks a little disappointed.
[21:21] <Toast> "That... was odd."
[21:21] <Alaric-chan> "What was odd?"
[21:21] <Yarrow> The elevator doors close behind Valery.
[21:22] <Toast> "I suddenly had that information."
[21:23] <Toast> "It came out of nowhere, WHAM"
[21:23] <Alaric-chan> (I forget, did he ever mention the advisor bit?)
[21:23] <Toast> (nope)
[21:23] <Toast> (he's as clueless as the rest of you)
[21:23] <Alaric-chan> "Hmm. Curious. What else do you know about Senshi?"
[21:23] <Alaric-chan> "Does anything spring to mind when you think of the Sailor Senshi proper?"
[21:26] <Toast> "No, nothing is coming to mind."
[21:27] <Alaric-chan> a little disappointed, "Ah well, it was a thought."
[21:27] <Yarrow> Lilith twirls the knife, then holds it up.
[21:28] <Yarrow> She then slashes it to the side, whereupon it extends to a shortsword.
[21:28] * Alaric-chan whirls over to look at Lilith, hearing the swish.
[21:28] <Yarrow> Another slash and it becomes a longsword.
[21:28] <Yarrow> Lilith: "Here you go, Lion-o."
[21:28] <Yarrow> She hands it to Alaric.
[21:28] <Xui-Fei> (....)
[21:28] <Alaric-chan> (btw, what's Xui-Fei up to? did he head down?)
[21:28] * Alaric-chan accepts it back.
[21:28] <Xui-Fei> (head down and went to bed
[21:28] <Alaric-chan> "I.. beg your pardon?"
[21:29] * Alaric-chan is a little confused, but not insulted.
[21:29] <Yarrow> Lilith: "Just a reference to something that no longer exists."
[21:29] <Alaric-chan> (after all, lions are generally a positive reference)
[21:29] <Alaric-chan> (... assuming they exist ;p )
[21:29] <Alaric-chan> (well, I suppose they have zoos that magically get fresh lions when the current ones run out)
[21:30] <Alaric-chan> (... heh, I bet the zoons only have the cool animals now, and all the boring or icky ones are gone ;p )
[21:30] <Alaric-chan> (*zoos)
[21:30] <Alaric-chan> "..I will take your word for it."
[21:30] <Alaric-chan> "What should I know of this?"
[21:30] * Alaric-chan motions slightly with the blade, before stepping away from everyone several feet and making several passes with it carefully.
[21:31] <Yarrow> Lilith: "When you're holding it, think loudly what you want it to become or say it aloud. Better say or think its name to be safe."
[21:31] <Yarrow> Lilith: "I suppose there's a chance it might not hear you sometimes if you just think the command."
[21:31] <Alaric-chan> "Hmm... Spear!"
[21:32] <Toast> (you need a wonder twin)
[21:32] * Alaric-chan says the second word a little commandingly, and grips the sword a little harder than before.
[21:32] <Yarrow> Lilith: "It won't let--actually, I just added a safety measure that you have to say Switchblade before what you want it to turn into."
[21:33] <Yarrow> Lilith: "So you don't say, 'Oh, look at that spear,' and accidentally impale Toast or something."
[21:33] <Alaric-chan> "A sensible precuation. Switchblade, spear form."
[21:33] <Yarrow> The blade becomes a spear.
[21:33] <Alaric-chan> "Switchblade, axe form."
[21:33] <Yarrow> Lilith: "It should be able to become just about anything that's one single piece."
[21:34] <Xui-Fei> (....god)
[21:34] <Yarrow> The spear becomes an axe.
[21:34] * Alaric-chan will rattle off half a dozen more fairly normal weapons.
[21:34] <Alaric-chan> "So.."
[21:34] <Xui-Fei> (*so wants to make a Kamen Rider Den-O reference but doesn't want to*)
[21:34] <Yarrow> The Switchblade performs tricks for you.
[21:34] <Alaric-chan> "Switchblade, Nunchaku form."
[21:34] <Yarrow> It doesn't change.
[21:34] <Alaric-chan> (Switchblade, Form Blazing Sword!)
[21:35] <Yarrow> (It bursts into flame. A moment later, so does Alaric.)
[21:35] <Yarrow> Lilith: "It won't let someone else use it unless you tell it otherwise. But it's not incredibly hard to hack if someone gets some time with it."
[21:36] * Alaric-chan takes a moment to quit playing with it and looks back over to Lilith.
[21:36] <Alaric-chan> "Thank you for the warning.. I will be mindful of it."
[21:36] <Yarrow> Lilith: "It's also resistant to acid and won't fly from your grip easily."
[21:36] * Alaric-chan nods.
[21:36] <Alaric-chan> "Hmm.. I suppose I had better get some rest, rather than spending all afternoon playing with this...."
[21:36] * Alaric-chan trails off, a little reluctantly.
[21:37] <Alaric-chan> "Thank you, Lilith, this should be a great help.. I can only throw so many Soul Slicers."
[21:37] <Yarrow> Lilith: "Yes. Don't sleep with it in hand... You don't want to dream it into something dangerous."
[21:37] * Alaric-chan looks a little alarmed.
[21:37] <Alaric-chan> "Good point."
[21:37] <Alaric-chan> "... that pun was not intended, I assure you."
[21:38] <Alaric-chan> (anyways I'll quit bogarting the stage real soon now ;p )
[21:38] <Yarrow> Lilith: "Of course not."
[21:38] * Alaric-chan starts to turn away, then hesitates.
[21:39] <Alaric-chan> "If I might ask, are you familiar with the philosopher by the name of Nietzsche? Or any other persons, places, or objects with such a name? I am interested in any information regarding such.."
[21:39] <Yarrow> Lilith: "A bit. I'll see if I can find any more information."
[21:39] * Alaric-chan smiles a little.
[21:39] <Yarrow> Lilith: "Unfortunately, the main net is down, but I've been seeing what I can poke around in since I woke up."
[21:40] <Alaric-chan> "Thanks.. that would be appreciated. I could certainly benefit from further insight into my new job."
[21:41] * Alaric-chan waits a moment to see if Lilith has anything else to say before he departs.
[21:41] <Yarrow> She just nods. Jake & Chance go downstairs with Alaric. The elevator doors open for you without you having to press the button.
[21:42] * Alaric-chan is slightlys tartled when it happens, then grins a little and steps in.
[21:42] * Toast follows Alaric in
[21:43] <Yarrow> The elevator descends to the proper floor.
[21:43] * Alaric-chan will head down, putthe Switchblade into a generic longsword form, put it in Inventory, and go to sleep with an alarm set to wake him in two hours.
[21:44] <Alaric-chan> (is it hard to get to sleep in the wrong body, or is the exhaustion more than sufficient to compensate?)
[21:44] <Yarrow> It's easy to sleep.
[21:45] * Alaric-chan sleeps...
[21:45] <Alaric-chan> (I'm guessing there's some stuff going on offscreen?)
[21:45] * Xui-Fei can be heard snoring from his room
[21:45] <Yarrow> Not through CT soundproof doors, he/she can't! :)
[21:46] * Toast sleeps where ever is convenient
[21:46] <Yarrow> On Alaric-chan's chest?
[21:46] <Toast> (Sure ^^)
[21:46] <Valery> (Well, I dunno about convenient, but it's comfortable at least :P )
[21:47] <Yarrow> Me, I'm wondering how Valery knows.
[21:47] <Alaric-chan> (I'd say perilous, but your mileage may vary)
[21:49] <Valery> (Honestly, it's more educated guesswork since it's presumably very soft. I haven't a clue personally.)
[21:49] <Yarrow> A couple of hours later, Alaric's alarm goes off.
[21:50] * Alaric-chan just lies in bed, hoping it'll go away for at least a couple minutes.
[21:50] <Alaric-chan> (hmm.. is alaric's subconscious running male-memories/dreams enough to switch h im back to male form, or is he still a she?)
[21:50] <Yarrow> When Alaric doesn't get up, the tune changes to the Macarena.
[21:50] <Yarrow> He's still a she.
[21:51] * Alaric-chan comes within about a centimeter of clawing the shit out of the alarm, before tapping the 'snooze' button with one extended claw.
[21:51] * Alaric-chan then throws the sheets off, and quickly levers herself up to a sitting position.
[21:51] * Toast goes flying from Alarics chest
[21:52] <Toast> "AACK"
[21:52] * Alaric-chan looks down blearily.
[21:52] <Yarrow> ("Aaaah! One of my breasts flew off!")
[21:52] <Alaric-chan> (I don't think Alaric is quite attached to them just yet)
[21:52] <Alaric-chan> "Toast?"
[21:53] * Toast looks up a bit disoriented
[21:53] * Alaric-chan peers down.
[21:53] <Toast> "Whu? Are we under attack? What's going on?"
[21:53] <Alaric-chan> "Are you bleeding?"
[21:53] * Toast checks himself out
[21:53] <Toast> "Uh, don't think so."
[21:54] <Alaric-chan> distractedly, "Oh.. good."
[21:54] * Alaric-chan yawns, stretches, yawns, stretches, then looks back donw.
[21:54] <Alaric-chan> "Toast, please don't crawl into bed with me."
[21:54] * Xui-Fei rolls over so he's laying oddly on his bed
[21:54] * Alaric-chan holds out her hands, and extends her claws.
[21:54] <Alaric-chan> "I dream sometimes.. the sheets end up quite the mess."
[21:54] * Alaric-chan retracts the claws.
[21:54] <Yarrow> (Pervert.)
[21:55] <Alaric-chan> (that's a pretty good reason not to sleep with him, too!)
[21:55] <Valery> ("Please don't crawl into bed with me. Unless you're in humanoid form.")
[21:55] <Toast> (Alaric's a pederast?)
[21:55] <Alaric-chan> "..I'd just as soon not wake and discover I've cost you one of your remaining lives."
[21:56] <Toast> "Well, at least you didn't crush me like the brat."
[21:56] <Alaric-chan> "This time.. hmm."
[21:57] <Alaric-chan> "If it's a warm bosom you're looking to cuddle up to, you might try Valery.. she doesn't seem to have any powers that would threaten you harm in your sleep."
[21:57] <Valery> (Hahahah!)
[21:57] <Alaric-chan> "..xui-Fei probably isn't the best bet, what with his training."
[21:58] <Yarrow> ("How about Dizzy?" "Die!")
[21:59] * Alaric-chan stands up and starts to make her way to the shower, casting off underclothes.
[21:59] * Alaric-chan takes a moment to check herself out in a mirror.
[21:59] <Alaric-chan> "Huh.."
[21:59] * Alaric-chan concentrates for a moment..
[21:59] * Alaric-chan is now known as Alaric
[22:00] * Alaric exhales contentedly.
[22:00] * Alaric goes and takes a shower (assuming Toast has nothing else to say)
[22:00] * Toast decides to look for the others
[22:01] <Toast> (how much ep did we regain? 120?)
[22:01] <Yarrow> You should all be at full senshi EP now.
[22:02] <Yarrow> Toast could check his comm to find the others.
[22:02] * Toast does so
[22:02] * Valery will be up with Metel, chatting with Lilith.
[22:03] <Yarrow> Xui-Fei is asleep in his room, Alaric is in the shower, Valery's up with his one true love, Koizumi is sleeping in her room (sure, why not), Jake & Chance are wandering around.
[22:04] * Toast goes up to the roof
[22:04] * Toast will climb up the wall to hit the elevator buttons
[22:05] <Yarrow> The elevator doors open for Toast.
[22:05] <Yarrow> He hits the button and the elevator takes him to the roof.
[22:06] * Toast hops out and heads over to metel
[22:06] * Xui-Fei rolls out fo bed landing facefirst on the ground....and snaps awak
[22:06] * Valery waves slightly as Toast comes out.
[22:06] * Xui-Fei gets up off the ground gets dressed and comes out
[22:07] <Yarrow> In short order, everyone (who is someone) meets at Metel.
[22:07] * Valery shivers slightly and wraps her arms around herself. "I need to replace that shawl..."
[22:08] * Alaric gets straight to the point.
[22:08] <Alaric> "How does everyone feel?"
[22:08] <Toast> "So, Lillith... Do you know anything about Project Vermin?"
[22:08] <Toast> "And what happened to that Loki charachter?"
[22:08] * Xui-Fei finally wonders in
[22:08] <Yarrow> Lilith: "Nope. And he's around somewhere."
[22:09] <Alaric> (it was actually a projection of Lilith's she was using to get us to take her and install her)
[22:09] * Valery nods. "I'm ready to go... is everyone else?"
[22:09] <Xui-Fei> "damn that felt good" he says to himself
[22:11] <Yarrow> Lilith: "By the way, my droid is outside across the street. I figured she's better out there as a lookout than inside."
[22:11] <Alaric> "If there is some manner of automated central control, they must know the unit lost.. is it's location camoflauged?"
[22:12] <Yarrow> Lilith: "I didn't sense anything in it that keeps track of its location."
[22:13] <Yarrow> Lilith: "And, of course, I'm making sure it doesn't transmit anything except to me."
[22:13] * Valery purses her lips, and leans back. "Hm... while you were hacking it, did you pick up where it was recieving commands from?"
[22:13] <Alaric> "Hmm.. still, a little caution would not be out of place. Should other droids see it, they will likely expect it to behave in some proscribed manner."
[22:15] <Yarrow> Lilith: "So I should stop having her do cartwheels?"
[22:15] <Yarrow> She grins.
[22:15] <Valery> "Well... if other droids approach."
[22:18] <Alaric> "..."
[22:18] <Alaric> "Do the cartwheels indoors, perhaps?"
[22:18] <Yarrow> Lilith: "I was just kidding."
[22:18] <Alaric> "Ahh."
[22:19] <Alaric> "hnn.."
[22:19] * Alaric looks over at Valery.
[22:19] <Alaric> "How is your brother?"
[22:19] * Valery smiles, blushing slightly. "He's all right... I, um, hadn't had the chance to tell him about the Senshi thing, so he didn't recognize me at first, but..."
[22:20] <Alaric> "..I must admit, with your having gone to meet family, I am surprised to see you still in female shape."
[22:20] <Yarrow> ("...he's a *really* great kisser!")
[22:20] * Valery blinks.
[22:20] <Alaric> "...well, I would have thought.. to meet them, you would have return to the form they know you by..?"
[22:21] <Alaric> (is any reaction Immediately forthcoming?)
[22:21] <Alaric> (alaric's waiting a moment, testing the waters..)
[22:22] <Valery> "Ah... I kind of forgot, though he believed me..."
[22:23] * Xui-Fei shrugs, "I happy for you..." he says kinda sadly
[22:23] <Yarrow> Jake: "So, you like being a girl?"
[22:23] <Yarrow> Jake and Chance rush over to comfort Xui-Fei but collide with Mai and all three go down in a pile.
[22:23] * Valery blinks, and shrugs. "I don't have a problem with... Wow."
[22:24] * Valery peers over at the mess. "Um... is everyone all right?"
[22:24] <Yarrow> Jake gives a muffled response.
[22:24] * Alaric opens and closes his mouth, not entirely sure what to say.
[22:24] * Xui-Fei raises an eyebrow
[22:24] <Toast> "I'm telling you dude, you should mount them."
[22:25] <Yarrow> Mai: "I'm fine."
[22:25] * Valery glances at Toast. "All?"
[22:25] <Yarrow> Chance shoves Mai off of her. "Oh, good. The dead woman is ok."
[22:26] <Alaric> (off of 'her'?)
[22:26] * Toast shrugs "The more the merrier."
[22:26] <Alaric> (hmm.. you know, we need someone on the team to get amnesia, so we can get some oedipus shit goin' on)
[22:27] <Alaric> (I volunteer anyone else.)
[22:27] <Yarrow> Hm? Jake and Chance have always been female.
[22:27] <Valery> (Hm?)
[22:27] <Alaric> (wait, what?)
[22:27] <Valery> (Er... is anyone's father here? I'm not sure what you're trying to say. :P )
[22:27] <Alaric> (since when were Jake and Chance female?)
[22:28] <Toast> (since always)
[22:28] <Valery> (Always. Despite the names.)
[22:28] <Alaric> (sigh)
[22:28] <Yarrow> Cat people made by DCG. Of course they're female.
[22:28] <Valery> (Blame DCG :P )
[22:28] <Alaric> (wait a sec, they're cat people?)
[22:28] <Alaric> (wtf?)
[22:28] <Valery> (Yup, catgirls.)
[22:28] <Toast> (how did you not know this?)
[22:28] <Alaric> (I think I must have missed something...)
[22:28] <Toast> (it's been brought up repeatedly)
[22:28] <Yarrow> I think you have...
[22:28] <Valery> (Well, Crystal Tokyo does have a nicely varied population.)
[22:28] <Xui-Fei> (the cat ears...the tails....)
[22:29] <Toast> (the tits)
[22:29] <Alaric> (okay... I stand corrected ;p)
[22:30] <Yarrow> Btw... I don't want to shock you too badly, but Mani was a mooncat.
[22:31] <Yarrow> Anyway, the pile separates and the people involved in it get up and sit down in proper seats.
[22:33] <Yarrow> Feel free to continue playing...
[22:33] <Yarrow> Or we can stop if everyone's too tired.
[22:33] <Alaric> (hmm)
[22:34] <Alaric> (am I the only one game for doing the 2nd attempt tonight?)
[22:34] <Valery> (I'm up for it)
[22:34] <Valery> (I only woke up half an hour before the game, so I've got plenty of energy left :P )
[22:34] <Toast> (wolfie, you bastard)
[22:34] <Toast> (um, I guess I'm game)
[22:35] <Alaric> "...all that said.. are we all ready to take another stab at 'rescuing' that group?"
[22:35] * Valery nods. "Yes... I'm ready."
[22:35] <Toast> "I think they're holding up fine."
[22:36] <Valery> "... I suppose we should leave Koizumi-san behind this time, though..."
[22:36] <Alaric> "...that might be best, yes."
[22:36] <Alaric> "I would rather not place her in danger, and her presence is likely to.. exacerbate.. the situation."
[22:37] <Alaric> (koizumi is here, right?)
[22:37] <Alaric> (I mean.. in game the character is physically present ;p )
[22:37] <Yarrow> Yes.
[22:37] <Yarrow> Koizumi: "I'm fine with not getting shot again."
[22:37] <Valery> "Yeah... We can explain things better if they're not shooting at her..."
[22:37] <Alaric> to Koizumi, "Sorry to leave you behind.. but, yes."
[22:37] * Alaric ponders.
[22:38] <Alaric> "We need to work out some regimen for scanning those people we ahve already taken in already."
[22:38] <Alaric> "..but that is a problem for later."
[22:38] * Valery winces, and nods.
[22:38] <Alaric> (we need some proper witchhunters.. truth finders.. they could call themselves the Black Watch maybe)
[22:39] <Alaric> (this game could get really totalitarian really fast ;p )
[22:39] <Xui-Fei> (lol)
[22:39] <Alaric> "In any case, any better ideas than taking the subway, taking the long way around, and talking to the people from outside their line-of-fire?"
[22:40] <Yarrow> (Until new new senshi start popping up to save the people from the old new senshi. :) )
[22:40] * Valery just looks blankly at Toast.
[22:40] <Alaric> (you see, that'd be awesome)
[22:40] <Alaric> (we could retire from being Senshi and become Magical Girl Hunters)
[22:40] <Valery> "I'm... a little embarassed we didn't think of it before..."
[22:40] <Toast> "What?"
[22:40] <Toast> "Why are you looking at me like that..."
[22:41] <Yarrow> Jake: "Maybe she wants to mount you."
[22:41] * Valery blinks. "I was actually thinking of your teleportation, sorry for the confusion."
[22:41] <Alaric> "Don't blame yourself, I walked straight in with a foolish assumption of safety and friendly reception."
[22:42] <Alaric> "Oh, you mean that."
[22:42] * Alaric is a little taken aback.
[22:42] * Alaric looks over at Toast.
[22:42] <Alaric> "Do you believe you know the target location well enough to take us there? That would be ideal."
[22:42] * Xui-Fei blinks, "so that was the park you used to live at...what happened to it....droids destory it?"
[22:43] <Toast> "Uh sort, of..."
[22:43] * Xui-Fei raises an eyebrow
[22:43] <Yarrow> Toast thinks he may have been able to have done it shortly after going to the park, but not after sleeping since his casual view of the area.
[22:43] <Toast> "They killed the humans that used to come and feed me, and then they started setting up some kind of camp."
[22:43] * Valery sweatdrops. "Yeah... I think I know what happened..."
[22:43] <Toast> "There was this weird machine they were building, and all of those drop ships."
[22:43] * Xui-Fei looks at Val, "you think Double Oh No struck again?"
[22:43] <Toast> "So I blew them all up."
[22:44] <Toast> "The machine thingie really went off with a bang."
[22:44] <Valery> "Ah... yes, they had one of those at the junkyard before we strafed it..."
[22:44] * Xui-Fei scratches his chin, well that would explain where the rubber ones came from"
[22:46] <Alaric> "Good."
[22:46] * Alaric says this with some conviction.
[22:46] <Alaric> "The more of them dead, the better off we will be, barring provocation of large scale action on their part."
[22:47] <Alaric> "That one thing at least we got right earlier.. we destroyed many of them."
[22:47] <Xui-Fei> "yeah but I'm fearing if they are actively on the hunt for us they might throw us new curveballs like that Hacker droid?"
[22:47] * Valery nods. "Though... there are too many to really win by engaging their forces. We need to hit their centers of mass..."
[22:48] <Yarrow> Lilith: "Or the entities controlling them."
[22:48] <Alaric> "Whose identitied we know little to nothing of."
[22:48] <Alaric> "..in any case, this is necessary long term planning.. but planning that ought be done later."
[22:49] * Valery nods.
[22:49] <Alaric> "If we wish to make another attempt at rescuing those people, we should do so promptly."
[22:50] * Alaric heads over to the elevator.
[22:50] <Yarrow> The doors open for him as he approaches.
[22:50] <Yarrow> Jake: "Good luck!"
[22:50] <Alaric> "Thank you, we could use it."
[22:50] <Yarrow> Mai: "Stay safe, Xui-Fei."
[22:50] * Alaric heads into the elevator."
[22:51] * Valery bows to those who're staying behind, and scoops up her gun, following Alaric.
[22:51] * Toast hops on Val's shoulder
[22:51] * Xui-Fei nods to Mai, "I plan to"
[22:51] <Yarrow> And the elevator takes you down to the ground floor.
[22:52] <Yarrow> Back to the subway station?
[22:52] <Valery> (Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to the subway we go.)
[22:52] <Alaric> yup
[22:53] <Yarrow> roll 1d100
[22:53] <Lightdice> Yarrow roll 1d100 --> [ 1d100=60 ]{60}
[22:53] <Yarrow> You make it to the station without trouble and this time choose a path that avoids the collapsed tunnel.
[22:53] <Valery> (Whoo!)
[22:54] <Xui-Fei> (yay)
[22:54] <Alaric> "We can only hope that without Koizumi, we manage to avoid the glass droids."
[22:54] <Yarrow> And you reach the subway station nearest 75 Ecstasy Way.
[22:56] <Yarrow> It looks empty, aside from several broken vending machines.
[22:56] <Alaric> "Do we go as Senshi? I suppose we ought."
[22:56] * Valery is, for that reason, keeping an eye out quite vigorously.
[22:56] * Alaric idly examines the vending machines -- any food left?
[22:56] <Yarrow> Anyone want some crisps?
[22:57] <Valery> "Let's transform once we're there... keep the downtime from getting too long from the walk."
[22:57] * Xui-Fei nods "I think we should to at least prove who we say we are
[22:57] * Alaric nods.
[22:57] * Alaric draws his sword from Inventory, and walks up to the surface slowly, quietly, watching and listening.
[22:58] <Yarrow> It seems quiet. No droids are evident.
[22:58] * Valery follows Alaric, gun at the ready.
[22:59] <Yarrow> Head to 75?
[22:59] <Alaric> (yup)
[22:59] <Yarrow> Afk a moment.
[22:59] * Toast stays perched on Val's shoulder, ready to mazer anything he doesn't like the look of
[23:01] <Yarrow> You reach 75.
[23:02] <Alaric> (I wonder if we're facing Ben20 in there..)
[23:02] <Toast> (Ben20?)
[23:02] <Alaric> (there's an upper level that's indoors, but not actually down the stairs, right?)
[23:02] <Yarrow> Correct.
[23:02] * Valery steps inside to hide the light show from the transformation.
[23:02] * Valery is now known as Sophia
[23:03] * Alaric heads over nearish to the stairs, but short of them, and announces his transformation a little loudly.
[23:03] <Alaric> "Nietzsche.. Nihilist power.. Make-up"
[23:03] * Alaric spins, swirls, and transforms in the midst of golden-black winds.
[23:03] * Alaric is now known as Sailor_Nietzsche
[23:03] * Xui-Fei follows threw as well "Mjollnir Star Power Make Up!"
[23:03] <Yarrow> (And then all the mines they made and put around the top of the stairs go off!)
[23:03] * Xui-Fei is now known as Sailor_Mjollnir
[23:04] * Sophia takes a moment, swirling strands of blue around herself and weaving them into a shield, before pulling it tightly around her body.
[23:04] <Sophia> (Taking a six on the activation roll)
[23:05] <Yarrow> Star walks up the stairs. She's armed with her shotgun.
[23:05] <Yarrow> "I was wondering if you'd be coming back."
[23:06] * Sailor_Nietzsche watches; her sword is point down, tip against the floor.
[23:06] * Toast narrows his beady little stoat eyes
[23:06] <Yarrow> Star's gun is pointed in the general direction of the party but not directly at anyone.
[23:06] * Sophia has her gun down as well, and nods. "Yes... we didn't want to leave you in danger."
[23:07] <Yarrow> Star: "So. What are you offering?"
[23:07] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "Sanctuary that will not be easily overrun by the first coordinated group of berserker droids to attempt it."
[23:08] * Sailor_Mjollnir nods letting the doc do the speaking she's the combat senshi
[23:08] <Yarrow> "Tell me more."
[23:08] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "Contingent upon the assessment that your people are not clone droids."
[23:08] * Sailor_Nietzsche gives her that as the 'more'.
[23:09] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "As the saying goes, fool me once, shame on you.. we will not be fooled twice in that regard."
[23:09] <Yarrow> "Is this sanctuary where you guys are living?"
[23:09] * Sophia nods.
[23:09] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "Yes, though we would not procede there immediately."
[23:09] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "We are disinclined to share it's location casually."
[23:10] <Yarrow> She shakes her head. "It won't work. Even if your friend isn't the same person who took out the evac zone, there's no way people who survived that massacre can live with her."
[23:10] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "For reasons I am certain you recognize."
[23:10] * Sophia purses her lips. "There is another shelter available that should be more secure..."
[23:11] <Sailor_Mjollnir> "though it is 13 blocks from here"
[23:11] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "Superior to a repurposed arcade, at the least."
[23:11] <Yarrow> "What kind of place is it?"
[23:11] <Toast> "Shouldn't we check it out before claiming that?"
[23:11] * Sailor_Nietzsche shrugs.
[23:12] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "If it's make is similar to the others.."
[23:12] <Sailor_Mjollnir> "we don't know it pinged on my ESC when we got here remember"
[23:13] <Yarrow> Star: "Pinged?"
[23:14] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "Hm."
[23:14] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "That raises the question.. Phobos' clone massacred survivors at such a location."
[23:14] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "Have your survivors of that mentioned what location, exactly, it was?"
[23:15] <Sailor_Nietzsche> ".. I doubt they would be inclined to return, even were it more defensible."
[23:15] <Yarrow> Star looks disgusted. "You want to move us to an evac zone? You've got to be kidding!"
[23:15] * Sailor_Nietzsche looks at Star.
[23:15] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "Do you believe this location to be defensible?"
[23:15] * Sailor_Mjollnir rolls her eyes
[23:16] <Sailor_Mjollnir> "Niet," she says, "leave them they don't want to be rescued"
[23:16] <Yarrow> "Somewhat. Long enough for people to get out. We're not planning on staying here much longer, anyway."
[23:16] <Toast> "I told you guys we shouldn't bother with these jerks."
[23:17] * Sailor_Nietzsche looks over at Mjollnir.. her expression doesn't disagree with hers.
[23:17] <Yarrow> "It also has the advantage of not 'pinging' to anyone with the right tools."
[23:17] <Sophia> "Mm... she has a point. The droids had an ESC... might well have more..."
[23:18] <Sailor_Mjollnir> "the my other side uses is protected....Lilith made sure of that"
[23:18] <Yarrow> "Look, I appreciate the effort on your part, but moving to an evac zone isn't an option. Even if it would be marginally safer, people who survived one massacre in one won't be willing to go to another."
[23:18] <Toast> "Right, well, anyway, SOMEONE knows your here."
[23:18] <Toast> "How do you think we found you?"
[23:19] * Sailor_Nietzsche holds her peace for a moment.
[23:19] <Yarrow> She raises an eyebrow. "How *did* you find us?"
[23:19] <Toast> "Mysterious paper airplane. I didn't even want to come, I figured it was a trap."
[23:19] <Sailor_Mjollnir> "someone going by 'B' sent us a note saying you needed to be saved"
[23:19] <Toast> "Might as well have been, with the way things worked out."
[23:19] * Sailor_Mjollnir detranforms and produces the note
[23:19] * Sailor_Mjollnir is now known as Xui-Fei
[23:19] <Yarrow> "Strange."
[23:20] <Yarrow> She looks at the note for a while before returning it.
[23:20] * Xui-Fei nods as he puts the note away
[23:20] <Yarrow> She looks thoughtful for a moment. "Does that mean this person knew where *you're* staying too?"
[23:21] <Toast> "Yep. Bothers the hell out of me."
[23:21] <Yarrow> She nods. "I bet."
[23:21] * Sophia purses her lips. "If you keep moving, and we simply stay in contact, that would probably be best... if everyone's dispersed, it will be much harder for them to get us all..."
[23:21] <Sophia> "Do you have communications equipment?"
[23:22] * Xui-Fei pauses, "more like it was sent to find us considering the senshi use magic it might mean at least someone who knows how to use it is out here"
[23:22] <Yarrow> "We've got a radio."
[23:22] <Yarrow> "Nothing secure, though."
[23:22] * Xui-Fei checks his ESC's comincations frequency to give to them
[23:23] <Sophia> "Mm... could I see your radio? I might be able to secure it."
[23:23] <Xui-Fei> (so trying to not say Chibi-Usa is out least that's who I'm assumign B is....B for Bunny)
[23:24] <Yarrow> "It's not computerized or anything..."
[23:25] <Sophia> "Still... if I can tighten up the transmissions, piece together a scrambler, it should be possible to make it almost totally secure."
[23:26] <Yarrow> "Yeah?"
[23:27] <Yarrow> "Ok, come on down. Just you, though. People are still twitchy and I don't want anything to start again."
[23:27] * Sailor_Nietzsche raises an eyebrow.
[23:27] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "A hostage?"
[23:27] * Sophia nods. "All right... um, can I raid the vending machines outside? Some electronic parts would make things go easier."
[23:28] <Yarrow> "No. She just looks harmless. If the bunch of you comes down, it's likelier someone will do something stupid, even without your friend here."
[23:28] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "Perhaps it would be best to bring the radio up here."
[23:29] <Toast> "I don't like this... I'm going too."
[23:29] <Yarrow> "I figured she'd need a work area."
[23:29] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "We've come in good faith once already."
[23:29] <Yarrow> "And, yeah, the ... weasel? can come too."
[23:29] * Toast does his best innocent pet stoat act
[23:29] * Sailor_Nietzsche shakes her head a little.
[23:29] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "Not worth it, in my estimation. Setting up communications with a roaving band of bait?"
[23:30] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "So we can be drawn out when convenient?"
[23:30] <Toast> "There is that, yes."
[23:30] <Yarrow> She shrugs. "No biggie, then. I don't really know what advantage it'd be to stay in contact with you. I figured it wouldn't hurt--just in case--though."
[23:31] <Toast> (Toast really needs to come back here and blow the building to hell later.)
[23:31] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "We've made our offer. You've attempted to attach strings to it, or dictate terms."
[23:31] * Sophia slips off her gun, and hands it to Nietzsche. "If we don't set up communications with whatever survivors there are, we'll all be isolated. Every surprise the droids pull will work twice, once against them, once against us, because we're not telling each other anything..."
[23:31] * Sailor_Nietzsche looks over at Sophia.
[23:31] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "Sophia, there is a practice in medicine known as triage."
[23:32] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "The practice of determining in a timely manner where resources are best spent, that the most lives may be saved."
[23:32] <Yarrow> "Why don't I bring a table and chair out to the bottom of the stairs here."
[23:32] * Sailor_Nietzsche looks at Star.
[23:33] <Sophia> "Yes, but it takes a few minutes to do this. That's a negligible amount of resources. If they need help, we can decide that then. Until then, sharing information is no cost to anybody."
[23:33] <Yarrow> "That way neither of us has to be out of sight from our friends."
[23:33] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "You've already assaulted us once."
[23:33] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "You make the show of faith."
[23:34] <Yarrow> "No, the scared and angry people I'm trying to keep alive assaulted the woman who looks like someone who slaughtered their friends and family. I don't want them doing anything stupid if they start getting--hang on, I'd better poke my head in down there, come to think of it."
[23:35] <Yarrow> "I'll be back in a minute."
[23:35] <Yarrow> She goes back downstairs and into the skate park.
[23:35] * Sophia nods.
[23:35] <Toast> "Can we just leave?"
[23:35] <Toast> "This is pretty pointless."
[23:35] <Yarrow> You have a minute or few to talk among yourselves (or leave) if you want.
[23:35] * Sophia starts moving outside. "I'll need to harvest some parts from the vending machines..."
[23:35] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "I vote leave."
[23:36] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "Connections can be traced; this group is not reliable in any estimation, and has already proven hostile once."
[23:36] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "and I find myself absolutely uninterested in playing power games with other leaders who know best."
[23:36] <Toast> "Maybe we should try checking out the palace?"
[23:37] <Toast> "That might be time better spent."
[23:37] * Sailor_Nietzsche looks over at Toast, and nods slightly.
[23:37] <Toast> "Besides, they say they're planning on leaving... Where are they going to go?"
[23:37] * Sailor_Nietzsche then looks over at Xui-Fei.
[23:37] <Toast> "Isn't it a wasteland out there?"
[23:37] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "Is leaving these people to this misguided devices something you are capable of stomaching?"
[23:38] * Xui-Fei shakes his head, "considering they are already gun crazy I don't want them back at HQ"
[23:38] <Sophia> "They're moving because they don't have a perfectly secure location. Being hidden and mobile is the safest place for them."
[23:38] <Yarrow> Star walks back in.
[23:39] <Toast> "I think we may need to come to terms with the fact that there are no safe places. Not while those things are still out and about."
[23:39] <Toast> "What if this is and indefinite occupations? I'm telling you guys, we need to find a way to start hitting them harder."
[23:39] * Sophia looks over at Star, and bows.
[23:40] <Toast> (jesus dude, how much do you bow?)
[23:40] <Sophia> (We're Japanese.)
[23:40] * Xui-Fei looks at Toast, "I've been saying that for a while we need to turn this from defenseive to offensive concering those droids"
[23:40] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (this isn't a 1950s movie)
[23:40] <Yarrow> She casually returns it.
[23:41] <Sailor_Nietzsche> to Toast and Xui-Fei, "If we can find a target that merits it, I do not disagree."
[23:41] * Sailor_Nietzsche looks over at Star.
[23:41] <Yarrow> Star: "If I had more than a couple of shotguns, I'd agree too."
[23:41] <Sophia> "And I agree as well. While trying to find such a target, though, we still need to preserve what we do have left."
[23:42] <Yarrow> "And didn't have people I'm responsible for."
[23:43] <Xui-Fei> "aginst there normal ones I'd agree with that," he says, "they are the common ones but the rubber ones and those damn Zeekers" even he does a shudder
[23:43] <Xui-Fei> "then there's the nearly invisbile glass ones, the banes of the first day of this attack for me....5 times stabbed in the back" hes now into full out rant mode
[23:44] * Sophia lays a hand on Xui's shoulder. "I... think you're damaging whatever point you're trying to make..."
[23:45] * Sailor_Nietzsche looks over at Sophia.
[23:45] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "So what, exactly, do you wish to do here?"
[23:45] <Xui-Fei> "mostly I was saying those weapons while they are effective some of the other modles have ways of avoiding them
[23:46] <Yarrow> "What, shotguns?"
[23:46] <Sophia> "If they don't want to come, I'll set up an encryption device and a recorder for their radio. They'll be able to record whatever messages they want to send, and then release them as burst transmissions. Even a perfect ECM net can't track down a quarter-second-long transmission."
[23:47] <Sophia> "If we can stay in contact, share information, then all our chances of getting out of this alive are a lot higher."
[23:47] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "Do it up here where we don't have to worry about some crackpot hostage situation with them demanding vengeance on Phobos, and I suppose it wouldn't hurt."
[23:48] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "Bear in mind the responsibilities you have already taken on."
[23:48] <Yarrow> Star rolls her eyes slightly.
[23:48] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (is star still pointing that shotgun at us?)
[23:49] <Yarrow> She was never pointing it directly at you. She isn't bothering to point it in your direction currently.
[23:49] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (pity that)
[23:49] <Sophia> "Mm... I don't think it's a danger, I should be fine even if anything happens considering I have a shield up and Toast to teleport us out in maybe three seconds, but..."
[23:49] * Sophia shrugs.
[23:49] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (way to run your mouth sophia)
[23:49] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (jesus tapdancing christ)
[23:50] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (you could have just said 'kill toast first')
[23:50] <Sophia> (It's not like Star hasn't seen Toast doing the teleporting before, or the shield.)
[23:50] <Xui-Fei> (yeah smooth move)
[23:50] <Sophia> (Like, two hours ago.)
[23:50] <Toast> (she hasn't)
[23:50] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "But it's better not to take chances with people who have already done their very best to kill one of us."
[23:50] <Yarrow> Does Sailor_Nietzsche make a face or anything at Sophia's statement?
[23:50] <Toast> (he was human then)
[23:51] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (no, this irritation is being expressed OOC)
[23:51] * Sophia shrugs. "I don't believe that chances are being taken, but, if it's necessary to make you feel comfortable..."
[23:51] <Yarrow> Ok, so Sailor_Nietzsche isn't expressing any of her own, then?
[23:51] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "It is."
[23:52] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (she's certainly trying not to, she's got her best doctor's face on)
[23:52] <Yarrow> "Actually, if we 'were doing our very best to kill one of you' I would have been shooting too."
[23:52] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (the one you wear when a patient is asking really, really dumb questions, but you know it's not their fault because they don't know any better)
[23:52] <Toast> "Oh for fucks sake."
[23:52] * Sailor_Nietzsche looks over at Star.
[23:52] <Toast> "Can we just leave these fuckers to their own devices already?"
[23:53] <Yarrow> "But, hey, I don't have a problem with you working up here."
[23:53] * Sophia nods. "Then if you could bring up the radio, I'll get some parts and piece together something for you."
[23:54] * Sailor_Nietzsche looks over at Toast.
[23:54] <Yarrow> She goes down and comes back with a portable but not handheld radio.
[23:54] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "I think we should."
[23:54] * Sophia steps outside and guts the vending machines, and comes back in a couple minutes with an armful of scrap metal/electronics.
[23:55] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "I'm not quite ready to ask Sophia to walk home."
[23:56] <Yarrow> Sophia works on the radio then?
[23:56] * Rockman_Zero (~Zero@124-169-17-247.dyn.iinet.net.au) has joined #cte
[23:56] <Sophia> (Ja)
[23:57] * Sophia pulls tools out of a bag at her side and seems to be doing her freaky thing again, a small box visibly taking shape under her hands.
[23:58] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "I'll be right back."
[23:58] * Sailor_Nietzsche takes this opportunity to walk quietly around the inside perimiter of the buidling, checking out through windows/doors etc for hostiles.
Session Time: Tue Jun 23 00:00:00 2009
[00:00] * Xui-Fei stays with Val pretty much as the mussle
[00:00] <Yarrow> The perimeter seems secure.
[00:01] <Sophia> roll 2d6+9
[00:01] <Lightdice> Sophia roll 2d6+9 --> [ 2d6=7 ]{16}
[00:02] <Yarrow> After a few minutes, Sophia finishes.
[00:03] * Sophia has stuck a little box into the radio, and blushes. "Sorry if it looks a little odd... I didn't really have time to polish it up."
[00:03] <Yarrow> "I'll live..."
[00:03] <Yarrow> "Thanks."
[00:04] * Sophia points at a button on the new box. "Hold this button, and what you say will be recorded into the radio. Then hit this one, and it will transmit it all in a single burst, so they can't track it down."
[00:04] <Yarrow> "Ok. Will you be able to contact us if you want to?"
[00:05] <Toast> (why would we want to?)
[00:05] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (so we can find out where to plant the transponder that calls in the next orbital strike)
[00:06] * Sophia nods, slipping another little device into her inventory. "Yes, I made an encryption device to sync up with yours while I was working, so we can call and decrypt your transmissions without difficulty."
[00:07] <Toast> (hehehe)
[00:07] <Yarrow> She nods slowly. "What does it take to block the signal? Will it work in the subway tunnels, for example?"
[00:08] * Sophia peers at the radio. "Hm... your radio doesn't have a lot of signal strength, so I wouldn't bet on it."
[00:09] <Sophia> "I could make a booster for the signal, but that'd make the whole thing a lot more noticeable."
[00:09] <Yarrow> "All right. Well, I don't want to keep your friends any longer, since it seems they want to be somewhere else. Thanks for the offer and thanks for the radio thing."
[00:09] * Sophia bows. "You're welcome. I wish you luck."
[00:09] <Yarrow> "Back at you."
[00:09] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (say Itadakimasu! c'mon, it'dbe cute!)
[00:10] * Sophia smiles, and picks up her gun again, returning to the group.
[00:10] * Xui-Fei shakes his head "well another day seemingly wasted"
[00:10] <Yarrow> Star goes back downstairs and leaves.
[00:11] <Sailor_Nietzsche> to xui-Fei, "Indeed."
[00:11] * Sailor_Nietzsche looks over at Toast.
[00:11] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "IF you would?"
[00:11] <Yarrow> Lilith, from the ESC: "You had other plans?"
[00:11] <Sophia> "It's not really wasted, we've got contact, at least. And we still have some time, so we can try checking out the palace?"
[00:12] <Toast> "It was wasted."
[00:13] <Toast> "But yes, I'm in favor of reconning the palace."
[00:13] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "We might want to do that after nightfall."
[00:13] <Sophia> "But we don't really have any reason to believe droid vision is degraded at night. We know ours is, so we're worse off, but we don't know if they are."
[00:14] <Xui-Fei> "Tactical recon action....metal gear feret"
[00:14] <Toast> "I'm not a ferret!"
[00:14] <Xui-Fei> "close enough Toast"
[00:14] <Yarrow> You staying there and chatting or teleporting back?
[00:14] <Sophia> (Explosive Ferret. That actually does sound like a Foxhound name...)
[00:15] * Toast transforms and teleports everyone back to base
[00:15] <Sophia> (Actually, wait. Blaster Ferret.)
[00:15] <Yarrow> You return to HQ and decide to call it a session.
[00:15] <Toast> (he's not a ferret!)
[00:15] <Yarrow> 3 cp
"Last week, I tried praying. But I found I was only talking to myself. Don't worry, I learned my lesson last time. This time, no disciples!" - N. Reynolds, To Tell a Hawk from a Handsaw
Alathon
User avatar
Chibi Sailor Senshi
Posts: 322
 

Re: Once again! DCG- Crystal Tokyo BESM game. Survival-Horror

Postby Alathon » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:18 pm

Session 9

[18:01] * Ataru is now known as Toast
[18:01] * Alathon is now known as Alaric
[18:01] <Yarrow> Yeah. I wasn't waiting for him. Just for more than the doctor and the stoat.
[18:01] * Light02 is now known as Xui-Fei
[18:02] <Alaric> (though it'll be tricky addressing questions of intra-party politics without the opposition ;p )
[18:02] <Alaric> (I guess those go on th eback burner)
[18:02] <Toast> (Toast is totally going to become the Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla
[18:02] <Toast> )
[18:02] <Alaric> (we've got a few hours until the meeting Dizzy announced, right?)
[18:03] <Yarrow> Ok. You've returned from 75 Ecstasy Way and all the fun entailed and have about 2.5 hours before meeting with your people.
[18:04] * Alaric will get the word around to the party that he'd like to get everyone together 1hr before the meeting to discus what we'll say/do/etc.
[18:04] <Toast> (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TL4XZdyo3g#t=47s)
[18:05] <Yarrow> The comm system allows you to do that easily.
[18:05] * Neko_Arc (~ExUser@cpe-76-83-49-149.socal.res.rr.com) has joined #cte
[18:05] <Yarrow> Shall we pick up at that premeeting meeting?
[18:06] <Toast> (sure)
[18:06] * Xui-Fei arrives at the apointed time
[18:07] <Yarrow> Ok. Where are you meeting?
[18:08] <Alaric> (our suite)
[18:08] <Yarrow> Are you including Mai, Jake, & Chance? Specifically excluding them? Or not caring if they show up or not?
[18:09] <Alaric> (I explicitly asked us five to show up, did not name others)
[18:09] <Alaric> (but did not say "senshi club only, no normmies allowed")
[18:10] <Yarrow> Ok. Unless Xui-Fei invites Mai, she won't be there.
[18:11] <Alaric> (if Dizzy shows up, I certainly won't object to including her, but I'm under the impression that she's currently Very Busy)
[18:11] <Yarrow> I think Val would find out that Jake & Chance weren't called and ask if it's ok if she brings them.
[18:12] <Toast> (for some reason, I missread busy as Busey)
[18:12] <Alaric> "Well, why?"
[18:12] <Toast> (which made that sentence very bizzare, and kind of creepy)
[18:12] * Xui-Fei raies and eybrow
[18:12] <Alaric> (er, as in, Gary Busey?)
[18:13] <Yarrow> Val: "Well, they are somewhat involved with us--they go out on any trips when we take Metel--but they're not senshi. They might have a point of view halfway between ours and the other people."
[18:14] <Toast> (yes, as in Gary Busey)
[18:14] <Alaric> "Well.. there were a couple things I wanted to bring up that pertained entirely to us, but I believe they can wait until later."
[18:14] <Alaric> "And.. come to think of it, there are a couple things I might ask fo them. By all means, invite them."
[18:15] <Yarrow> It is now the premeeting, with the PCs, Jake & Chance present.
[18:16] * Xui-Fei leans up against the wall where he can been seen and heard
[18:16] <Yarrow> Val is female.
[18:16] <Alaric> ("So, Val, are you planning to update your ID?")
[18:16] <Alaric> (btw, has Dizzy actually conveyed that she's busy, or was that just an assumption on my part?)
[18:17] * Koizumi (~dorin_rah@dpc6745120147.direcpc.com) has joined #cte
[18:17] <Yarrow> If you didn't tell her about this preemeeting, she's unaware of it.
[18:17] <Alaric> "In an hour, we will address our people; we need at least a basic plan of action."
[18:17] <Alaric> (not what I meant)
[18:18] <Alaric> (I got the impression from past discussions that she's heavily booked time-wise, has she actually said that though?)
[18:18] <Yarrow> It's an assumption, but with the actual meeting coming up in an hour, it's a reasonable one.
[18:18] <Alaric> (eh whatever, I invited her)
[18:18] <Alaric> (simpler that way)
[18:19] <Yarrow> Ok. She thinks she should remain available and visible before the scheduled meeting.
[18:19] <Yarrow> To the rest of the refugees, that is.
[18:20] <Yarrow> So, she's not present, but you can comm her if you need to speak to her.
[18:20] <Alaric> "First off, I volunteered to speak earlier.. does anyone else wish to accept this task?"
[18:20] <Alaric> humorously, "I am not particularly enamoured of it."
[18:21] <Toast> "I have a feeling you guys wouldn't be too happy with my speech..."
[18:21] * Alaric chuckles.
[18:21] * Xui-Fei also chuckles at that, "Doc your the brains of this group I'm just the mussle"
[18:21] <Alaric> "I suspect you are right.. people are more in need of comfort at this point, than righteous vengeance and furious anger."
[18:21] * Alaric looks over at Xui-Fei.
[18:21] <Yarrow> Val: "I'm not much of a public speaker, really..."
[18:22] <Alaric> a little doubtfully, "If you say so."
[18:22] <Toast> "... or my declarations of myself as the new God Emperor."
[18:22] <Toast> "I mean, if the first senshi did it, why not us?"
[18:22] <Xui-Fei> (oh joy)
[18:22] <Alaric> "..."
[18:22] * Xui-Fei just stares at Toast
[18:22] <Toast> "Kidding, kidding!"
[18:22] <Koizumi> (-yawns and steals Ala-)
[18:22] * Toast backs up, paws raised
[18:23] <Alaric> (Sailor_Nietzsche: "God is dead.")
[18:23] * Xui-Fei shakes his head, "lives up to the Double Oh No nick name alright"
[18:23] <Toast> ("So is Nietzche.")
[18:23] <Alaric> (Sailor Nietsche: "But God never even existed.")
[18:24] <Alaric> "Hmmm.."
[18:24] <Alaric> "I will do my best on the public speaking front."
[18:24] <Alaric> "Now, the question is, what shall I be saying?"
[18:24] <Xui-Fei> "I don't know honestly doc,"
[18:24] <Alaric> "Words of generic comfort will do us little good without some framework of action to give people real hope."
[18:25] <Toast> ("Smoke 'em if ya got 'em?")
[18:25] <Koizumi> (what I miss?)
[18:25] <Toast> "Maybe we should come up with a plan first."
[18:25] * Alaric nods.
[18:25] <Alaric> "A short term one at least."
[18:25] <Xui-Fei> "should we in form them what our next action was I beleive we were getting ready to investigate the palace"
[18:25] * Alaric nods.
[18:25] <Alaric> "Absolutely."
[18:25] <Toast> "And perhaps the seed of a longterm one."
[18:26] <Toast> "We need to give people something to look forward to."
[18:26] * Alaric looks over to Toast.
[18:26] <Toast> "A goal they can believe is being worked towards."
[18:26] <Alaric> "In that regard.. I suggest self-defense training, for those who are willing."
[18:26] * Alaric looks over at Jake and Chance.
[18:26] * Toast nods
[18:27] <Xui-Fei> "if Tenma Sensei was around he'd offer it or at least give me premission to start teaching"
[18:27] <Alaric> "Would you two be comfortable teaching people the operation and use of firearms?"
[18:27] <Xui-Fei> "as it is my hands are tied"
[18:27] * Alaric looks over at Xui-Fei.
[18:27] * Alaric nods a little.
[18:27] <Alaric> "I'd assumed as much, based on your past discussion with Keiko."
[18:27] <Toast> "At the risk of sounding like an asshole..."
[18:27] * Alaric says Keiko's name a little regretfully.
[18:27] <Yarrow> Jake: "Uh... I suppose."
[18:27] * Xui-Fei looks at Toast
[18:28] <Toast> "Don't you think this is an extenuating circumstance?"
[18:28] * Xui-Fei chuckles, "Toast my sensei is harder to kill than I am and I woke up with a roof caved in on me"
[18:29] <Toast> "Right, but there's no guarantee."
[18:29] <Toast> "What if he got hit by one of those orbital strikes?"
[18:29] <Yarrow> Chance: "Why do you need his permission?"
[18:30] <Toast> "And if you're willing to sacrafice your life to potentially save lives, shouldn't you be willing to sacrafice your honor?"
[18:30] <Xui-Fei> "cause techinally it's a family style not a regonized style and there's a quarky ruling that the current grandmaster is the only one who is able to give premission to students to train new students"
[18:30] <Xui-Fei> "and honestly I'd say the only way he'd be dead if this planet was completely atomized"
[18:31] <Yarrow> Chance: "Well... can't you teach them martial arts basics without teaching your style specifically? I mean, it's not like they'd be ready for anything complex for some timer, right?"
[18:31] <Yarrow> *time
[18:32] <Yarrow> Chance: "But then again, maybe it's better if you rest up when you're not busy out there anyway."
[18:32] <Xui-Fei> "I could yes our style is a very mixed style, with some Kempo, Tai-chi, Tae Quan Do, Wushu"
[18:32] <Yarrow> She gestures toward teh window.
[18:32] <Alaric> "I will be volunteering my time, when not otherwise engaged, to teach anyone willing to receive paramedic training."
[18:32] <Xui-Fei> (and I know I messed up the Korean style)
[18:32] <Toast> "Anyway, I think we need some sort of emergency escape plan too, eventually."
[18:33] <Alaric> "...we should attempt to re-establish some manner of schooling for children as well, to keep them out fron under foot, and allow parents time to act on their own."
[18:33] * Alaric looks over at Toast.
[18:33] <Alaric> to Toast, "Agreed."
[18:33] <Toast> "Between those orbital strikes, the fact that anyone with an Esc can find this place, and the fact that SOMEONE knows were here."
[18:33] <Toast> "Leads me to believe this is a bad place to be."
[18:34] <Xui-Fei> "if they know where it is why haven't they tried to assult this place"
[18:35] <Toast> "Hmm, we should probably ask Lillith about a few things as well, like if there any more research buildings that might have useful equipment."
[18:35] <Alaric> (btw, what's outside Crystal Tokyo?)
[18:35] <Alaric> (Is everything solid ice?)
[18:35] <Alaric> (or is there an 'elsewhere'?)
[18:36] <Toast> (watch us pull a THX)
[18:36] <Yarrow> From what you've heard there isn't much of anything. The city is bordered by giant walls of ice.
[18:37] <Alaric> "We should probably undertake a study of just how long current food and other supplies will last."
[18:37] <Toast> "Hey Val, do you think you could try scanning Xui's Esc now?"
[18:38] <Yarrow> Valery blinks. "Now? I suppose I could... but I won't really be able to pay attention to what people are talking about."
[18:38] <Alaric> (Toast: "Hey, that's great!")
[18:39] <Alaric> "Certainly, before the meeting, it would be helpful.. incase some information of great import is uncovered."
[18:39] <Yarrow> ESC, in Lilith's voice: "What do you want to know?"
[18:40] <Toast> "... Have you been listening this whole time?"
[18:40] <Yarrow> Lilith: "Yes."
[18:40] <Toast> "You could have said something when I mentioned I wanted to ask you some questions." Toast sounds slightly annoyed
[18:40] <Alaric> "The numbers and disposition of Nemesis forces, the Queen and her Senshi, the locations of all remaining survivors, the location of any other habitable place on this planet.."
[18:41] <Yarrow> Lilith: "I didn't think you had the questions ready yet, Toast. And I don't know the answers to those, Alaric."
[18:42] <Toast> "I... I mention what several of my questions were."
[18:42] <Toast> *mentioned
[18:42] <Toast> "Are there any more research buildings or labs like the one where you were found?"
[18:43] <Toast> "Also, any hidden weapon caches? Vehicles like Metel? Any sort of place we could find useful air transportation to evacuate large numbers of people?"
[18:43] <Yarrow> Lilith: "I'm sure there are. I don't know where they are, though. I've been contacting what systems I can, but it's slow going since many of them are down."
[18:44] * Xui-Fei nods, "I understand"
[18:44] <Alaric> "To what degree to you have access to the systems of this facility?"
[18:45] <Yarrow> Lilith: "I'm in full control of those systems."
[18:46] <Toast> "What sort of systems are those?"
[18:47] * Alaric shoots Valery a slightly irritated look at Lilith's comment, but doesn't reply.
[18:47] <Yarrow> Lilith: "Well, there are the standard ones associated with daily operations, some defense systems designed to deal with intruders and people trying to gain access, and the internal communications system."
[18:48] <Yarrow> Valery: "Uh, how did you gain access to these systems?"
[18:49] <Yarrow> Lilith: "You gave Xui-Fei's ESC full access to them. Good thing that droid didn't stay in control of it, huh?"
[18:49] <Alaric> "How vulnerable are the ESCs to remote interference?"
[18:50] <Toast> "Uh, couldn't droids like those simply gain direct access to these types of systems then?"
[18:51] <Toast> "I mean, if the Esc can tap into the systems, the droids can tap into the Escs, and there are probably more Escs floating around..."
[18:51] <Yarrow> Lilith: "Well... It's not my specialty, but it seems like the cyberdroids can get in to standard ESCs with direct access. I *think* the only reason that one could hack Xui-Fei's was because she already had one of her own."
[18:52] <Yarrow> Lilith: "Xui-Fei's ESC only had access to this building's systems because you specifically granted it access."
[18:53] <Yarrow> Lilith: "Oh, by direct access, I mean if the droid has physical access to an ESC."
[18:53] <Alaric> "To.. ANY ESC?"
[18:53] <Yarrow> Lilith: "And I can secure any ESC that I'm given access to."
[18:53] * Alaric looks over at Xui-Fei.
[18:53] <Alaric> "That makes it sound like more of a liability -- well.. hopefully not..."
[18:53] * Alaric trails off.
[18:53] <Toast> "Do you know anything about the survivability of the areas outside of Crystal Tokyo?"
[18:54] <Yarrow> Lilith: "I believe a cyberdroid with an ESC has a very limited range for hacking another ESC remotely."
[18:54] <Yarrow> Lilith: "No, I don't, Toast."
[18:55] <Toast> "Damn."
[18:56] <Alaric> "Hmm.."
[18:56] <Alaric> "Lilith, what's your purpose?"
[18:56] * Xui-Fei looks at Alaric, "probably shouldn't of installed that med addon that Dizzy gave me
[18:56] <Yarrow> Lilith: "Beats me. What's yours?"
[18:56] <Alaric> "That which I assign to myself."
[18:56] <Alaric> "You?"
[18:57] <Yarrow> Lilith: "I don't think I was designed with one, to be honest. But I'll try to help you guys as best I can."
[18:57] <Alaric> "Hmm.."
[18:58] <Yarrow> Lilith: "Well, like I said, your ESC is secure now, Xui-Fei."
[18:59] <Alaric> "I'm glad to hear that, LIlith.. my next question was going to be what your goals are, and your motives for them."
[18:59] <Alaric> ".. we don't know each other that well, after all."
[18:59] <Alaric> "And you have achieved a position of substantial influence over ourselves and our people."
[19:00] <Yarrow> Loki, from an end table at the side of the room: "I did say that any AI you installed would be prone to spreading to any attached systems."
[19:00] <Toast> ("Hey, if you were made by the same person as me, does that make you my sister?")
[19:04] <Alaric> (...)
[19:04] <Alaric> (anyone else, or NPCs, saying anything?)
[19:05] <Toast> "We've gotten kind of off track."
[19:05] <Yarrow> Not at the moment.
[19:05] <Alaric> "Yes, somewhat."
[19:05] <Toast> "What are we, and by we I mean you, going to say at this meeting?"
[19:05] * Toast points at Alaric
[19:05] <Alaric> "Okay.. hm."
[19:05] * Alaric pauses for a moment.
[19:07] <Alaric> "My talking points will be a re-introduction of our team, an indirect assurance that we stand to protect everyone here, general information on our intent to investigate the Palace and to retrieve other survivors if possible.."
[19:07] <Koizumi> (I'm just following)
[19:07] <Yarrow> Dorin, I want more participation from you.
[19:07] * Toast raises a paw
[19:07] <Alaric> "And I would like to add my plan to begin survival training for adults and resume general education for children, if we are in agreement that this is desireable."
[19:07] * Alaric looks over at Toast.
[19:07] <Koizumi> (I asked what I'd missed, no one replied)
[19:08] <Alaric> "Yes, Toast?"
[19:08] <Alaric> (you missed almost nothing)
[19:08] <Alaric> (we didn't start until a bit after 9pm EST)
[19:08] <Toast> "Are we going to tell people to be careful around the blind chick?"
[19:08] <Yarrow> Nothing, really. The game started late and you'd just started a meeting to decide what you'd say in the meeting with the refugees.
[19:08] <Alaric> (and we spent the time before you showed up getting the meeting going)
[19:08] <Toast> "We don't know if there are more of those clones running around."
[19:09] <Koizumi> mmk)
[19:10] * Alaric looks over at Koizumi to see what her reaction to Toast's rather blunt statement is.
[19:10] * Koizumi just sighs in reply, "I probably shouldn't even show my face around people."
[19:11] <Alaric> "What good would that do?"
[19:11] <Alaric> "It might help with those prats with Star, perhaps, but with people here?"
[19:12] * Alaric shakes his head.
[19:12] * Koizumi shrugs. "Might want to explain to their leaders first."
[19:12] <Alaric> "I suppose.. but either way, it is the people here that we must deal with first."
[19:12] * Alaric looks over at Valery.
[19:12] * DCG (~PyroRaven@c-67-175-123-159.hsd1.il.comcast.net) Quit (Broken pipe)
[19:13] <Alaric> "When this subject comes up, you can vouch for Koizumi, can you not?"
[19:13] <Alaric> "Just as I would vouch for you."
[19:13] <Yarrow> Valery: "Of course... Though, it's not like I've scanned any of your minds..."
[19:13] * Koizumi nods quietly, smiling. "Thank you"
[19:14] * Xui-Fei nods, "you got your back too don't forget" he says
[19:15] <Xui-Fei> (gah)
[19:15] <Xui-Fei> ^I got your back too I ment)
[19:15] <Yarrow> Valery: "So, we're going to tell them about clones in the meeting?"
[19:15] <Koizumi> (-pats Light-)
[19:16] * Alaric nods.
[19:16] <Alaric> "Yes."
[19:16] <Koizumi> "I guess they need to know, full disclosure on something so dangerous."
[19:16] <Alaric> "Several people already know, we would do well to be upfront rather than create the appearance of suppression or deception."
[19:16] <Toast> "Better we tell them, than they find out we withheld it later, right?"
[19:17] * Alaric nods to Toast.
[19:17] <Alaric> "Exactly."
[19:17] <Yarrow> Valery: "Do you think maybe we should scan people first? Otherwise we may cause a panic. And if there *are* any clones, won't they act right after we start talking about checking people?"
[19:17] <Alaric> "For that matter.. I am not sure to what degree we shoudl stress this, but our intent to inflict a proper vengeance on the forces of Nemesis might bear mentioning."
[19:18] <Alaric> ".. perhaps as a motivating factor to encourage people to participate in military and medical training."
[19:18] * DCG (~PyroRaven@c-67-175-123-159.hsd1.il.comcast.net) has joined #cte
[19:18] * ChanServ sets mode: +oa DCG DCG
[19:18] * Xui-Fei nods
[19:19] <Xui-Fei> "though till then we bide our time preparing or we search for what ever we can to take the fight to them"
[19:19] <Toast> ("let's make them all wear explosive collars! that'll keep 'em in line!")
[19:19] * Alaric nods.
[19:19] <Yarrow> Valery frowns. "Of course, people hearing, 'Are you a clone?' in their heads might just give the whole thing away..."
[19:19] <Xui-Fei> "granted my vote in this find what ever we can to take the fight to them"
[19:19] * Koizumi snickers and shakes her head with a shrug. "There has to be a way to detect them."
[19:19] * Alaric looks over at Xui-Fei.
[19:20] <Alaric> "All I ask is that we find a means to fight back by which the damage we inflict is less than the consequences we suffer."
[19:20] <Xui-Fei> "agreed"
[19:21] <Toast> "I want one of those orbital lasers!"
[19:21] <Yarrow> Valery nods. "If we can do damage to them, great, but saving who we can comes first."
[19:21] <Alaric> "Hmm..."
[19:22] <Alaric> "Lilith, do you have access to information regarding our survivors' professions and education?"
[19:22] * Koizumi looks at Toast blankely.
[19:22] <Alaric> "That would help with planning downt he road, though we can of course ask."
[19:23] <Yarrow> Lilith: "Not currently."
[19:23] <Toast> ("Alaric... the blind chick is scaring me, make her stop.")
[19:24] <Yarrow> Lilith: "Once I find my way into a system with good information stores, I'll be able to find out a lot more, but for now, all I have is what was in Metel, this building's computers, and the ESC."
[19:25] <Xui-Fei> "if the palaces systems are still operating would you be able to get into it from my ESC?"
[19:25] <Yarrow> Lilith: "The palace's systems? Why would outside sources have access to them?"
[19:25] * Koizumi listens quietly, leaning on her cane.
[19:25] <Toast> "We're planning on going there, remember?"
[19:26] <Xui-Fei> "yeah probably the best place to find out exactly what the hell went down"
[19:26] <Yarrow> Lilith: "Yes. But why would they allow outside systems access to those in the first place?"
[19:26] <Yarrow> Lilith: "Anyway, no. I cannot access any systems in the palace."
[19:26] * Xui-Fei looks in disbelife as an eyebrow twiches
[19:27] <Yarrow> (Would you expect to be able to access White House computers remotely?)
[19:27] <Toast> (remotely?)
[19:27] <Toast> (we're talking about being in there)
[19:27] <Alaric> (If I was George Washington reborn, maybe)
[19:28] <Alaric> (;p )
[19:28] <Toast> (hahaha)
[19:28] * Koizumi frowns. "So we have to go anyway."
[19:30] <Alaric> "We need to know."
[19:30] <Alaric> "Much will depend on the disposition of Queen Serenity and her Senshi.. and the best location to ascertain that, is the Palace."
[19:30] <Yarrow> Lilith: "It's possible that you may have access as senshi."
[19:30] <Alaric> (does Lilith ahve a hologram present?)
[19:31] <Yarrow> (No, there are no emiters installed in this room.)
[19:32] <Alaric> "That would simplify matters.."
[19:32] <Alaric> "I hope so as well. We had such immediate access here."
[19:33] <Alaric> "Hmm..."
[19:33] * Alaric looks around.
[19:33] <Yarrow> Valery: "So, for now, we can say that we plan to investigate the palace and what's happening with the king, queen, and senshi."
[19:33] * Alaric nods.
[19:33] <Alaric> "And continue to search for additional survivors."
[19:33] <Yarrow> Chance: "And if there are clones among the refugees?"
[19:33] * Koizumi strokes her chin softly.
[19:33] <Yarrow> Chance: "Couldn't they report that information?"
[19:33] <Alaric> "We depend on Valery and Koizumi to root them out."
[19:34] <Toast> "And that we eventually plan to see the droids driven before us and hear the lamentations of their women."
[19:34] <Yarrow> Valery: "We can, but only one at a time!"
[19:35] <Yarrow> Valery: "If they have a way to communicate with the Nemesian forces, they could do that before we're able to check everyone."
[19:35] * Alaric sighs.
[19:35] * Koizumi nods with a frown.
[19:35] <Alaric> "And any time we are out in the open, our location could ber eported by Glass Droids."
[19:36] <Xui-Fei> "they seem more stealth assassin types"
[19:36] <Alaric> "We must assume that any venture outside this location must be done quickly."
[19:36] <Xui-Fei> "I'd be worried about the type that tried to hack into my ESC about something like that"
[19:37] <Yarrow> Lilith: "I think if there were any clones in here and they could communicate with the forces above, this building would already be a smoking crater."
[19:37] <Koizumi> "Possibly, and hoping what the one clone we encountered said is true."
[19:38] <Yarrow> Loki: "Unless they're playing some complex game, I'm inclined to agree. But a game of cat and mouse *is* so much fun..."
[19:38] * Alaric nods.
[19:38] <Alaric> "Hmm... any further agenda items?"
[19:39] <Xui-Fei> "none that I can think of"
[19:39] <Yarrow> Alaric's comm beeps.
[19:39] * Alaric checks his comm.
[19:39] <Alaric> (I have a comm?)
[19:40] <Yarrow> Every CT citizen does.
[19:40] <Toast> (yeah, you guys got them a while ago)
[19:40] <Alaric> (ahh)
[19:40] <Yarrow> Toast didn't, but he got one when he respawned.
[19:41] <Yarrow> Alaric has an incoming call from Sato Ichigo.
[19:42] <Yarrow> (No, you've never heard of him.)
[19:42] <Alaric> "...."
[19:42] <Toast> "..."
[19:42] <Alaric> "I've got a caller I have never heard of."
[19:42] * Alaric takes the call.
[19:42] <Alaric> "Hello, this is Alaric."
[19:43] <Toast> (should have answerd "
[19:43] <Toast> (... on second thought, I'm not gonna finish that)
[19:43] <Alaric> ("Wrong number, asshole.")
[19:43] <Koizumi> (brb, getting food)
[19:44] <Yarrow> Ichigo in brisk confident voice: "Alaric, this is Sato Ichigo. I've heard you're having a meeting with everyone tonight. I need to talk to you before then."
[19:44] <Alaric> "Might I ask why?"
[19:45] * Alaric says this in a friendly, curious manner.
[19:45] <Yarrow> Ichigo: "Well, the details are best discussed in person, but I have some abilities that could be of great help to you here."
[19:46] * Xui-Fei raises an eyebrow
[19:46] <Alaric> (I forget, is our current location restricted/controlled in any manner?)
[19:46] <DCG> ("Your uncle tony advised us to call you, its about family busness.. ")
[19:46] <Yarrow> Nope. Though people might not have been told which suite is yours.
[19:47] * Koizumi looks on quietly.
[19:47] <Alaric> "If you're certain it's important, come visit us here."
[19:47] * Alaric gives him our suite's number.
[19:47] <Yarrow> Ichigo: "Excellent. I'll be right there."
[19:47] <Yarrow> He disconnects.
[19:47] <Alaric> (you know that name is tainted by Mage, right?)
[19:48] <Xui-Fei> "Am I the only one that thinks this is a bad idea?'
[19:48] <Xui-Fei> "meeting with this this Sato guy"
[19:48] <Alaric> "What is the worst that can happen? Explosive backpack, and we all die?"
[19:48] <Yarrow> Jake shrugs. "May as well get it out of the way early then, right?"
[19:48] * Alaric plays the line straight.
[19:49] * Koizumi nods quietlyt.
[19:49] <Toast> "Well, I can still come back if that happens."
[19:49] <Yarrow> Valery: "Do you think he meant he has special powers?"
[19:49] * Toast grins
[19:50] <Xui-Fei> "that was what he was suggesting he has"
[19:50] <Yarrow> The door chime sounds.
[19:50] * Alaric opens the door -- what's Ichigo look like?
[19:51] <Toast> (it's Mage)
[19:51] <Alaric> (Init.)
[19:51] <Yarrow> Ichigo is a man of late middle age. He's a bit out of shape and somehow seems just a bit too sociable.
[19:52] * RZ_[Zzzz] (~Zero@124-169-97-161.dyn.iinet.net.au) has joined #cte
[19:52] * Koizumi looks on quietly.
[19:52] <Yarrow> Ichigo: "It's good to finally meet you." He thrusts out his hand.
[19:52] * Alaric shakes it sharply.
[19:53] <Toast> (have any of the survivors seen Toast do anything non-stoat-like?)
[19:53] <Yarrow> Besides running around and talking to the children? Yes. He hasn't been acting remotely normal for a stoat.
[19:53] * Rockman_Zero (~Zero@124-169-97-161.dyn.iinet.net.au) Quit (Ping timeout)
[19:54] <Toast> (I couldn't remember if he actually interacted with any of them)
[19:54] <Yarrow> He shakes hands and steps into the room. "And all of you, too, of course."
[19:54] <Yarrow> He gives a bow for good measure.
[19:54] * Toast narrows his beady little stoat eyes
[19:54] <Toast> ("My weasel sense is tingling!")
[19:55] * Toast sniffs the air a bit
[19:55] <Yarrow> Ichigo: "Anyway, I know you're all busy, important people, so I'll get right down to business. You need to put me in charge here."
[19:55] <Yarrow> Ichigo hurriedly adds, "Not of *you*, of course!"
[19:55] * Xui-Fei raises an eyebrow
[19:55] * Koizumi frowns.
[19:55] <Yarrow> Ichigo: "But I have the skills and experience you need for dealing with the people here."
[19:56] <Xui-Fei> "can we ask why would it be in the groups best interest to leave you in charge of the refugees?"
[19:56] <Yarrow> He puffs out his chest and says with gravitas, "I am a rank 5 administrator and will keep things running properly."
[19:56] <Alaric> "Could you summarize your resume?"
[19:57] * Alaric takes him seriously.
[19:57] <Toast> "Yeah, what did you administrate?"
[19:57] <Yarrow> Ichigo: "Of course. In fact, I have it on file here if you'd like to see it."
[19:57] * Alaric would like to see it.
[19:58] <Yarrow> Ichigo sends it to Alaric's comm.
[19:58] * Alaric forwards it to the rest of the team, then reads it over.
[19:58] <Alaric> to Ichigo, "A moment, please."
[19:58] * Xui-Fei inspects this resume
[19:58] * Alaric sits down and peruses the resume.
[19:58] * Koizumi frowns still, reaching out to Valery's mind.
[19:59] <Yarrow> Ichigo nods and quietly sits down off to the side.
[19:59] <Alaric> (how professional is it? and what has he administrated? and what's a level 5 administrator.. is higher or lower indicative of higher rank?)
[19:59] * Toast inspects the resume as well
[20:00] <Yarrow> It's a completely professional resume. Level 5 is a very high rank. He started out as a basic administrator and then worked his way up to being in charge of more and more other administrators.
[20:00] <Toast> (but... what did he admin?)
[20:01] <Yarrow> It's ... hard to really tell. He definitely controlled a large chunk of bureaucracy.
[20:02] <Toast> (oh... jooooy)
[20:02] <Toast> (DMV?)
[20:02] <Toast> (I'd kill him on principle)
[20:02] * Xui-Fei raises an eyebrow
[20:03] <Xui-Fei> "Impressive" is about all he could say granted it probably didnt' make heads or tails to him and waiting for a translation
[20:04] * Koizumi can't read without mechanical assistance, so remains quiet on it.
[20:04] <Toast> "So, Sato-san, what exactly did your duties entail?"
[20:04] <Alaric> (yes, but what actual, physical locations has he run bureacracies at?)
[20:04] <Yarrow> Koizumi does have mechanical assistance.
[20:04] <Alaric> (under what organizations?)
[20:04] <Koizumi> (yes she does, but hush you :P)
[20:04] <Alaric> (you really can't just skim over that, resumes say these sort of things ;p)
[20:05] <Yarrow> They're definitely departments in the CT government, but they're not ones your familiar with.
[20:05] <Alaric> (which departments?)
[20:05] <Yarrow> Like, Developmental Group #17, Human Resources Management unit #5, Department #7...
[20:06] * McDice (~PyroRaven@c-67-175-123-159.hsd1.il.comcast.net) Quit (Broken pipe)
[20:06] * Alaric waits to see how he responds to Toast's question before asking his own.
[20:06] <Yarrow> (Sorry, I missed the question. I'll answer it now.)
[20:07] * DCG kicks the bot
[20:07] <Yarrow> Ichigo: "An excellent question... Mister .... Toast?"
[20:07] * McDice (~PyroRaven@c-67-175-123-159.hsd1.il.comcast.net) has joined #cte
[20:08] <Toast> "Toast is fine, yes."
[20:09] <Yarrow> Ichigo: "My main duties consisted of making sure everyone had appropriate jobs and projects and that they were able to make appropriate progress on them."
[20:09] * Alaric nods.
[20:09] <Alaric> "Hmm..."
[20:09] * Alaric taps his comm unit.
[20:09] <Alaric> "What sort of cross-disciplinary experience do you have?"
[20:10] <Yarrow> Ichigo: "In additon, I facilitated cooperation, collaberation, proper delegation of tasks, and other important procedural processes."
[20:10] <Alaric> "That is, aside from your extensive management and motivational experience, what else do you bring to the table?"
[20:11] <Yarrow> Ichigo: "None, but I have extensive experience in making use of others' experience. If there's a situation I'm inexperience in, I'll find the people who do have experience and get a report from them."
[20:11] * Alaric nods.
[20:11] * SleeepWolf (~miraclewo@CPE001346f5370f-CM0012c9ab5798.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com) has joined #cte
[20:12] <SleeepWolf> <Yarrow> Poor Light. That bird cage must be huge.
[20:12] <SleeepWolf> <Yarrow> Bird feeder.
[20:12] <SleeepWolf> <Yarrow> "What do you mean, I have to put another elephant in the roc feeder?!"
[20:12] <SleeepWolf> <Alathon> hmm
[20:12] <SleeepWolf> * Disconnected
[20:12] <SleeepWolf> (Blargh... more tired than I thought. What'd I miss so far?)
[20:12] * SleeepWolf is now known as Pale_Wolf
[20:12] <Koizumi> (hello there Pale)
[20:12] <Yarrow> Pale, the party plus Jake, Chance, & Lilith (without visual presence) are having a premeeting meeting.
[20:12] <Pale_Wolf> (/me blinks)
[20:13] <Alaric> "Setting aside continued survival against an invading army, and the substantial trauma that almost everyone here has suffered, vis a vis loss of friends, loved ones, and the experiences of the last several days.. what would you say is the greatest challenge our people face at this point in time?"
[20:13] <Yarrow> Currently, you're interviewing one Sato Ichigo who called up Alaric and said he needed to talk to him. Apparently, he thinks you need to put him in charge of the refugees because of his extensive administrative experience.
[20:13] <Alaric> (btw, has he given references?)
[20:14] <Yarrow> He was employed at the time of the invasion, so no.
[20:14] * Koizumi pulls up a leg and looks between everyone.
[20:14] * Pale_Wolf is now known as Valery
[20:15] <Yarrow> Ichigo blinks. "I'd say it's obvious--and the same one we had before this mess started. People need to be kept busy. They need distraction and 'productive' work to do."
[20:16] <Alaric> "True, true.."
[20:16] <Alaric> "Hmm.. I suppose references would be an unreasonable request, all things considered."
[20:16] * Alaric looks around the room -- what are peoples' expressions looking like?
[20:16] * Koizumi remains frowning quietly.
[20:17] <Valery> (/me has a 'I have no idea what's going on, but that's okay' expression)
[20:17] <Toast> "Can you give us an example of a crisis situation you've faced, and the steps you took to resolve it?"
[20:17] <Yarrow> Ichigo: "We can't have three people just going and making dinner for everyone. We need to have ten people planning menus, consulting and coordinating, and spending hours of time over the course of the week to do the same thing--and end up feeling satisfied that they've done something important!"
[20:18] * Alaric nods agreeably.
[20:19] <Yarrow> Ichigo: "An emergency, hm? Well, there was one time when three members of a five person team came down sick--and the deadline for the project was the next day. Now, if the two remaning people realized they could do the job just as fast--maybe even faster--without the other members, that would have been a disaster!"
[20:20] * Alaric nods.
[20:20] <Toast> "..."
[20:20] <Alaric> "I can see how that would have been problematic."
[20:20] <Alaric> "Hm..."
[20:21] <Yarrow> Ichigo: "So, I quickly assembled an emergency team of people from other departments who'd have minor trouble working together and rushed them over to the two healthy members as emergency help. They were able to get the job done on time, but the addition of these new people made it so difficult that they were assured they needed the other three members of their original team."
[20:21] * Valery blinks.
[20:22] <Alaric> "Ichigo, have you considered the possibility that with only just over one hundred persons here, there may actually be more work to be done than everyone is capable of doing, rather than the reverse?"
[20:22] <Alaric> "This would require a substantially different direction in management.. a paradigm shift, if you will."
[20:23] <Yarrow> Ichigo: "Oh, there are important things to be done, I'm sure--and you'll let me know what those are--but it's a certainty that most of the people here just won't be the right people for those jobs."
[20:23] * Alaric nods.
[20:23] <Alaric> "How do you feel about the risk of physical harm inherent to this position, given our wartime footing?"
[20:24] * Koizumi keeps her ears trained on the position.
[20:24] <Yarrow> Ichigo: "Now, that's not my speciality, I'll admit--but I've had to do it in the past and I made sure what needed to be done was accomplished." (To Alaric's earlier question)
[20:25] <Alaric> (the paradigm one rather than the safety one?)
[20:25] <Yarrow> Ichigo: "Well, I don't think *not* being in the position won't keep me much safer."
[20:25] <Yarrow> *will keep
[20:25] <Yarrow> (Yes)
[20:26] <Alaric> (does he seem to be fronting on that one, or does he sound serious?)
[20:26] <Yarrow> He seems serious. Of course, he may not think there's any additional risk in being leader.
[20:26] <Xui-Fei> "I see," he says,
[20:27] <Alaric> "Given the stealth and cloning capabilities demonstrated by droids thus far, I'm afraid that's an overly optimistic assessment."
[20:27] <Yarrow> Ichigo: "Cloning capabilities?"
[20:27] <Alaric> "We'll be bringing them up at the meeting."
[20:27] * Koizumi looks toward Valery quietly.
[20:28] <Yarrow> Ichigo taps his chin with a forefinger.
[20:28] <Valery> (Stop looking to me for advice or wisdom or something, I barely have a clue what's going on :P )
[20:28] <Yarrow> Ichigo: "So... are you saying it's possible there are ... malevolent entities among us?"
[20:29] <Xui-Fei> "we don't know"
[20:29] <Alaric> (wrong answer ;p )
[20:29] <Alaric> (jesus)
[20:29] <Yarrow> Ichigo hmmmms.
[20:29] <Xui-Fei> (well it's true)
[20:29] <Toast> (so?)
[20:29] <Alaric> "Well, that's an overly pessimistic assessment of the situation in my estimation."
[20:29] <Alaric> "As we have countermeasures."
[20:30] <Yarrow> Ichigo: "Well, all the more reason to make sure everyone has jobs to do! If someone's not doing what he's supposed to, we'll notice."
[20:30] <Xui-Fei> "though I should point out if there were the odds of this place being nothing but a smoking crater would be very high"
[20:30] <Alaric> "Speaking of which, how do you feel about a brief mind-probe as part of this interview?"
[20:31] <Yarrow> He stares at Alaric for a moment. "Er... well, I think I'd have to know more about the procedure before answering."
[20:31] <Alaric> (if they can demand social security numbers and background checks now, why not mind scans in 3000)
[20:31] <Alaric> (incidentally, does someone field the mind scan question?)
[20:31] <Yarrow> Ichigo, a bit nervously: "It doesn't involve a surgical procedure, does it?"
[20:31] * Alaric shakes his head.
[20:32] <Alaric> (someone who can scan minds, perhaps?)
[20:32] <Yarrow> He looks relieved and gives a little laugh. "That's something, at least. Having a doctor ask if you'd mind having your brain probed isn't exactly something to put someone at ease."
[20:33] * Alaric grins, and laughs.
[20:33] <Alaric> "Heh, you've got me there."
[20:33] * Koizumi strokes her chin quietly and glances at Valery again, shrugging.
[20:34] <Yarrow> Ichigo: "So, about the procedure?"
[20:34] <Alaric> (I need to take 5 for bio, someone else is gonna have to field this)
[20:35] <Yarrow> At the lack of response, he starts looking a bit nervous again. "Surely it isn't so bad that it's hard to talk about?"
[20:36] <Toast> "Well, from my understanding it's painless, and not physically invasive."
[20:36] * Koizumi glances at everyone quietly.
[20:36] <Yarrow> Valery & Koizumi are the people who have the ability... Do either of them want to speak up?
[20:36] <Koizumi> "Physically, yes"
[20:37] <Yarrow> Ichigo nods slowly. "All right. If there are no lasting effects, I'm all for it!"
[20:37] <Yarrow> He adds jovially, "There's something to be said for being the one person the senshi *know* they cant trust, right?"
[20:37] <Yarrow> *can
[20:37] * Yarrow sighs and shakes her head.
[20:38] * Koizumi tries to establish mental contact then.
[20:38] <Yarrow> Since you didn't tell him to open up or anything, roll for it.
[20:38] <Yarrow> Unless you want to ask him first.
[20:39] <Koizumi> roll 2d6+5
[20:39] <McDice> Koizumi rolled : 2d6+5 --> [ 2d6=6 ]{11}
[20:39] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+5
[20:39] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+5 --> [ 2d6=5 ]{10}
[20:41] * Koizumi frowns. "You seem rather nervous, just relax."
[20:42] <Yarrow> "Sorry," he says with a bit of forced cheer.
[20:43] <Koizumi> "If you don't mind, just relax, and allow me to probe deeper."
[20:44] <Yarrow> His eyes widen. "You've already started? My word..."
[20:44] <Alaric> (ugh, sorry about that)
[20:44] <Alaric> (I think I'm still not quite 100% from last week)
[20:44] <Toast> (explosive shits?)
[20:45] <Alaric> (no comment.)
[20:45] * Koizumi nods and begins further.
[20:47] <Yarrow> You do know how mind probe works, right? You mentally ask him the question and if he fails an opposed check (or doesn't resist), you get a truthful answer.
[20:47] <Yarrow> So ask away.
[20:47] <Koizumi> (I'm pondering what's the best questions to begin asking)
[20:48] <Yarrow> You could ask the others what you should ask.
[20:48] * Koizumi strokes her chin. "Thoughts? I'm not exactly skilled in interogation."
[20:48] <Valery> "What was he doing the day before it happened?"
[20:49] <Valery> "The clones did not exist at that time."
[20:49] <Yarrow> Lilith: "It's unpredictable what a clone would answer, then."
[20:49] * Koizumi shrugs and concentrates, looking into his mind for that.
[20:50] <Yarrow> Ichigo: "What a strange sensation."
[20:51] <Yarrow> Jake: "Can't you just ask if he's a clone?"
[20:52] * Koizumi shrugs and tries that.
[20:54] <Yarrow> Jake: "So...?"
[20:54] * Koizumi sighs and shrugs. "He seems alright."
[20:56] <Koizumi> "Unless our other resident mind-reader wants to try."
[20:57] * Valery shakes her head. "No... I guess you've got it."
[20:57] <Yarrow> Valery? That's you.
[20:57] <Alaric> "What's his intention in attempting to get this job, and to what end does he wish to use the authority that this job will grant?"
[20:57] <Alaric> "Two questions."
[20:57] * Alaric looks at Ichigo appologetically.
[20:58] <Alaric> "I'm sure you understand our position, prying this way."
[20:58] * Koizumi shrugs and tries those in the order askd.
[20:58] <Alaric> "We cannot afford errors."
[20:58] <Yarrow> Ichigo looks a bit uncomfortable but nods. "Of course..."
[20:59] <Alaric> "If it is any consolation, I have been similarly cross-examined."
[20:59] <Toast> (he's a child molester!)
[20:59] <Yarrow> Ichigo smiles weakly.
[21:02] <Toast> (or worse! a stoat fucker! he lusts after Toast's soft, supple body.)
[21:03] <Alaric> (/me sings, "pop, goes the weasel!")
[21:03] <Yarrow> Some expressions cross Ichigo's face. He doesn't look comfortable.
[21:05] * Alaric looks over at Koizumi, inquiringly.
[21:05] * Koizumi remains quietly concentrating.
[21:08] <Alaric> "...Koizumi?"
[21:08] * Alaric sounds faintly embarassed.
[21:09] <Yarrow> Ichigo looks relieved.
[21:10] * Koizumi blinks her eyes quietly. "He seems alright, a bit eager, but not un a bad way. He's just a lout who enjoys the perks of life. I've met plenty."
[21:11] * Alaric looks at Ichigo - how's he take this description.
[21:11] <Yarrow> Ichigo looks a bit offended at being called a lout.
[21:11] * Valery blinks. "... Um..."
[21:11] <Yarrow> His face reddens.
[21:11] <Koizumi> "I apologise, that was cruel. There's nothing wrong with enjoying your position. I'm guilty of it too"
[21:12] <Yarrow> Ichigo: "I... yes, I see. No need for harsh words, I think, though..."
[21:12] <Yarrow> He sounds a bit unsettled.
[21:13] * Koizumi blushes. "I'm sorry...I don't get around people much..."
[21:14] <Yarrow> He takes a deep breath and pastes a smile on his face, "Well! I suppose that's just another reason to have a person in a position between you and the other people here."
[21:14] * Alaric nods.
[21:14] <Yarrow> He glances at Alaric and says more quietly, "She's not speaking at the meeting tonight, is she?"
[21:14] <Alaric> "..I'd planned to do most of the speaking."
[21:14] <Valery> (Wait, no, we just got her talking!)
[21:15] * Koizumi chuckles softly and sighs. "Would one of the other girls agree to being his assistant?"
[21:16] <Yarrow> Ichigo brightens. "Excellent! You have the hallmarks of a fine public speaker."
[21:16] <Alaric> (that's right, get that nose BROWN!)
[21:16] <Alaric> "You're too generous, Ichigo."
[21:16] * Alaric says this smiling.
[21:17] <Yarrow> Ichigo: "A far better failing than the opposite."
[21:17] <Alaric> "But.. speaking of the meeting.. we have a handful of topics we'll need to discuss in private beforehand."
[21:17] * Alaric looks right at Ichigo.
[21:17] <Alaric> "I agree with your assessment that we need somebody, possibly multiple somebodies, managing the goings-on here."
[21:18] <Yarrow> Ichigo: "Of course. I understand completely. I just thought it important to see you before the meeting, as it would be the logical time to make any statements about management decisions."
[21:18] <Yarrow> He stands up.
[21:18] * Alaric nods.
[21:18] <Yarrow> Ichigo: "Thank you for your time. I appreciate you seeing me, whatever decision you make."
[21:18] <Alaric> "We'll be deferring final decisions until we've fully explored our options, of course, but thank you for coming to us."
[21:18] * Xui-Fei waits before Sato leaves before he voices his opinions
[21:19] <Yarrow> He bows and leaves.
[21:19] * Alaric makes the appropriate ablutions.
[21:19] <Alaric> "... at the very least, he took the initiative."
[21:19] * Xui-Fei looks at the group, "while I agree we need someone who can run things while were out, do we have to use that ass kisser"
[21:19] <Alaric> (after he's left, and the door has closed, and a few seconds passed.)
[21:19] <Koizumi> "Yes."
[21:20] <Yarrow> Jake looks a bit stunned. "Did Crystal Tokyo really work that way?"
[21:20] <Alaric> (did it work that way in the hospital?)
[21:20] <Koizumi> "He seems ready to put people to work, eagerly."
[21:20] <Valery> "I... guess... wow..."
[21:20] <Alaric> (or was that more constrained by personell, or otherwise less stupid?)
[21:20] <Yarrow> Alaric doesn't think it did, but he was more concerned with doing his job than the administration of the place.
[21:21] <Alaric> tiredly, "The question, Xui-Fei, is how much better we can do. My first choice for any administrative leadership position would be Dizzy, but she can't do everything herself."
[21:21] <Yarrow> He thinks it probably wouldn't work that way for highly trained people, though.
[21:21] * Alaric looks over at Jake.
[21:21] <Alaric> "I.. don't think it did. It didn't seem to, to me, but I've only ever been a doctor."
[21:22] <Yarrow> She just shakes her head in bemusement.
[21:22] * Xui-Fei sighs, "I get the picture but still he didn't have to lay it on that thick you know"
[21:22] <Valery> "Um... one question... while his experience is an asset, do we want to use someone with that management style while we're in dire straights like this...?"
[21:22] <Toast> "Don't look at me, I'm just a stoat. Your human ways frighten and confuse me."
[21:23] <Alaric> to Valery, "No, we don't."
[21:23] <Toast> "I look at a video screen, and I think to myself "Are tiny people trapped in that box?"
[21:23] * Koizumi nods quietly.
[21:23] <Alaric> "But.. as incredibly tiresome as he seems, he could actually be somewhat useful if he gets his head on straight."
[21:23] * Alaric looks over at Koizumi.
[21:23] <Alaric> "Incidentally, Koizumi.. just what degree of 'loutishness' do you ascribe to Ichigo?"
[21:24] <Alaric> "I could not care less if he lusts after a large desk and an overstuffed office chair, but if he lusts after his subordinates, that could be prove difficult."
[21:24] * Toast mutters "any yet, despite that, I'm still more diplomatic then some people..."
[21:24] <Toast> *and
[21:24] <Yarrow> Chance: "Well, keeping people busy *is* important... They're going to worry and get into trouble if they're left to themselves. The question is whether he'll be good at getting important things done quickly."
[21:24] <Koizumi> "He enjoys what he can get from his authority, but he doesn't seem the foul type."
[21:25] * Alaric shoots a grin at Toast.
[21:26] <Koizumi> "I don't think he would do something like that"
[21:27] * Alaric looks over at Koizumi, consideringly.
[21:27] <Alaric> "Good. At least he is an option."
[21:27] * Koizumi nods quietly.
[21:28] <Alaric> "Hmm..."
[21:28] <Alaric> "For our introductions, how do we all feel about introducing ourselves in normal form, transforming, and identifying our Senshi forms?"
[21:28] * Valery nods. "That's fine..."
[21:28] <Alaric> "Most of the people here have only seen one or two of us in action.. it might instill at least a little confidence."
[21:28] * Xui-Fei nods with that
[21:29] <Alaric> (and it'll get all the guys distracted and warm and fuzzy ;p )
[21:29] <Koizumi> "At least, he doesn't seem like a plant by our enemies. But we really need, I think, to structure authority at least so Chance, Jake, or Dizzy over rule people."
[21:29] * Koizumi nods quietly to Alaric.
[21:29] * Alaric looks over at Koizumi and nods in agreement with her statement.
[21:29] <Yarrow> Jake: "We should talk to Dizzy before doing anything with Ichigo."
[21:29] <Alaric> "Yes."
[21:30] <Alaric> "..I see his usefulness in terms of being an aide to whoever gets stuck running day to day affairs, rather than b eing the head honcho himself."
[21:30] * Valery frowns. "We also need some level of military expertise... someone to oversee training with all the weapons that are sitting around..."
[21:30] <Alaric> "Assuming he is willing to content himself with that degree of authority."
[21:30] <Alaric> (heh
[21:30] <Alaric> (I brought that up earlier, and volunteered Jake and Chance; they agreed)
[21:30] * Valery nods. "That would let them benefit from his experience..."
[21:30] <Alaric> (for weapons training for people who want it)
[21:30] <Valery> (See the disadvantages of no one sending me logs?)
[21:31] <Yarrow> (An hour's worth of logs?)
[21:31] <Alaric> (couldn't really do it on the fly)
[21:31] <Valery> (Heh, no problem :P )
[21:31] <Koizumi> "I think he'll take what he can get, he likes power"
[21:33] <Alaric> "Well, we'll have to see how many other people we have who have any managerial acumen."
[21:33] <Yarrow> Lilith: "It sounds like what he excels at is managing managers."
[21:33] <Toast> "I did get that impression."
[21:34] <Yarrow> Lilith: "If I understood his job description properly."
[21:34] * Koizumi nods. "He, or we, might well break down authority to lower and lower levels of supervisions."
[21:35] <Yarrow> Jake: "Sure! A manager for everyone who actually does work--that'll keep people busy!"
[21:35] <Yarrow> She still seems a bit unsettled by the revelation of CT's organization.
[21:36] * Alaric looks around.
[21:36] <Alaric> "Do other people remember things being that way?"
[21:36] <Alaric> "That degree of redundancy in bureacratic positions?"
[21:36] * Valery holds up her hands helplessly. "I'm a high school student..."
[21:36] <Toast> "I'm a stoat."
[21:37] <Koizumi> "I'm just a spoiled, shelter violinist."
[21:37] <Yarrow> Chance: "We had a junkyard. It was a two person operation."
[21:37] <Alaric> "....point taken."
[21:37] <Koizumi> *sheltered
[21:37] <Alaric> "We lack a frame of reference."
[21:37] <Toast> "My last major conflict before all of this was killing a rabbit for her burrow in the park."
[21:37] <Alaric> curious, "How did that go?"
[21:37] <Alaric> (to Toast)
[21:37] <Yarrow> Jake, a little wildly: "Did you have staff for that?"
[21:37] <Toast> "Deliciously."
[21:38] <Alaric> (hmm.. if we're gonna do the meeting tonight, I suppose we'd better get on with it)
[21:38] <Yarrow> If you're satisfied with your planning, sure.
[21:38] <Alaric> "Hmm.. any other thoughts before we go on stage?"
[21:39] <Yarrow> Chance: "Are you going to be taking questions?"
[21:39] * Alaric nods.
[21:39] <Alaric> "Almost certainly.."
[21:40] <Yarrow> Lilith: "Are you going to say anything about Ichigo?"
[21:40] <Alaric> "That actually brings up something else... I'm willing to field them initially, and forward some on to each of you where you're best suited to answer, if that makes sense..?"
[21:40] <Alaric> "Not yet."
[21:40] <Alaric> "mention something about 'building an organizational framework' or somesuch, at most."
[21:40] * Valery nods. "That does, yeah, and it's not really fair to leave it to you alone..."
[21:40] * Alaric nods.
[21:40] <Alaric> "...I should add, that I will do my best to avoid committing us to any position that we have not already taken, without some sort of discussion."
[21:41] <Alaric> "Is that something we can all strive to do?"
[21:41] * Koizumi nods quietly.
[21:41] <Yarrow> Chance: "The clone thing is going to scare people and make them nervous about other people unless you reassure them somehow."
[21:41] * Valery nods.
[21:42] <Alaric> "I'd planned to emphasize the lack of comings and goings with the outside, and the fact that we move as a team."
[21:43] * Valery (~miraclewo@CPE001346f5370f-CM0012c9ab5798.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com) Quit (Broken pipe)
[21:43] <Yarrow> Chance: "I think the idea that someone in here could already be a clone is going to be the big issue."
[21:44] <Alaric> "We could take draconian measures.. ask that everyone submit to mind-probing."
[21:44] <Alaric> "... I am not certain that that would be the wisest course of action, however."
[21:44] * Valery (~miraclewo@CPE001346f5370f-CM0012c9ab5798.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com) has joined #cte
[21:44] <Valery> <Alaric> "...I should add, that I will do my best to avoid committing us to any position that we have not already taken, without some sort of discussion."
[21:44] <Valery> <Alaric> "Is that something we can all strive to do?"
[21:44] <Valery> * Koizumi nods quietly.
[21:44] <Valery> <Yarrow> Chance: "The clone thing is going to scare people and make them nervous about other people unless you reassure them somehow."
[21:44] <Valery> * Valery nods.
[21:44] <Valery> <Alaric> "I'd planned to emphasize the lack of comings and goings with the outside, and the fact that we move as a team."
[21:44] <Valery> * Disconnected
[21:44] <Valery> (What'd I miss?)
[21:44] <Yarrow> Chance: "Especially people who didn't come with a family."
[21:44] <Koizumi> "I agree, we don't want a panic"
[21:44] <Alaric> "Especially with a preponderance of evidence supporting the position that there is not a clone inside."
[21:44] <Yarrow> Chance nods. "Maybe emphasize that evidence."
[21:45] <Alaric> ".. the trick would be putting a positive spin on everyone not being butchered in their sleep."
[21:45] <Alaric> "I'd rather not allude to that elephant in the room."
[21:45] * Valery holds up a hand. "Um... this isn't really related to the clone issue, but I had one idea that might help with morale..."
[21:45] * Alaric looks over at Valery.
[21:45] <Alaric> "Hmmm?"
[21:46] <Alaric> ("Swimsuit contest?")
[21:46] <Yarrow> (Valery: "An orgy!")
[21:46] <Toast> ("Orgies")
[21:46] <Toast> (GOD DAMN IT)
[21:46] <Koizumi> ("I don't make a good judge of swimsuit contests...only body types")
[21:46] <Toast> (DAMN YOUUUUU YARROW, DAAAAAAMN YOUUUUUUUUU)
[21:47] <Valery> "Well... We just found another group of survivors, right...? If we trade lists of who we have, then we could get separated family and friends in at least some level of contact... Just knowing they're still alive would be a huge relief, right...?"
[21:48] <Yarrow> Lilith: "It's pretty unlikely there'll be any overlap, considering the size of the groups compared to the size of the city, but it's possible..."
[21:49] * Valery nods. "The big thing, though, is to remind everyone... we're not it. There's still some more of the world left, it's not just what's in this building..."
[21:49] * Alaric nods.
[21:50] <Alaric> "There is merit to that, though we'll need to emphasize that we will be personally screening anyone we bring home."
[21:50] <Yarrow> Jake: "Yeah... there's Nemesis too..."
[21:50] <Yarrow> Jake: "Are you going to tell them anything about that?"
[21:50] * Alaric gives a somewhat aggravated huff.
[21:50] <Alaric> "How much do we really have to tell them?"
[21:50] <Alaric> "Lilith, I don't suppose you have access to information on Nemesis?"
[21:51] <Valery> "Well... what we know, at least... why not? Knowing more means everyone would feel like they have a better handle on everything."
[21:51] * Koizumi leans on her cane again, thinking quietly.
[21:51] <Yarrow> Lilith: "Not yet. I'm really running with limited resources."
[21:52] * Valery nods. "We'll really need to get to the palace after this..."
[21:53] <Yarrow> Lilith: "I wish I was better at offensive hacking..."
[21:54] <Valery> "... I don't."
[21:54] * Valery rubs her head.
[21:55] <Yarrow> Lilith: "Okaaay... Well, I'd be able to get into other systems a lot more quickly if I could."
[21:56] <Yarrow> Jake: "I can't think of anything else."
[21:56] <Yarrow> If no one else has anything more to add, let's end the meeting and take a 5 minute break.
[21:56] <Alaric> "Same here.. though I'm sure a hundred plus people will think of plenty."
[21:56] <Alaric> (sounds good)
[21:56] <Koizumi> okay)
[21:56] * Alaric sounds slightly nervous.
[21:59] <Xui-Fei> (ok)
[22:04] <Yarrow> All right.
[22:05] <Valery> (Yo)
[22:05] <Toast> (yo)
[22:06] <Yarrow> Is there anything anyone wants to do before the public meeting?
[22:06] <Alaric> (back)
[22:06] <Alaric> (make sure I've got some decent clothes on)
[22:06] <Alaric> (and everyone else does too)
[22:06] <Valery> (Heh)
[22:07] <Toast> (Toast is going naked)
[22:07] <Toast> (;p)
[22:08] <Yarrow> ("Don't you have any fashion sense, Koizumi?! You look like you threw that on with your ey--oh... sorry. I'm really sorry...")
[22:08] <Alaric> (contact Dizzy and find out if any last minute issues have come up)
[22:08] <Koizumi> (-snicker-)
[22:09] <Yarrow> No issues have come up, and soon enough (or maybe too soon), it's time for the meeting.
[22:09] <Alaric> (oh and also, where the meeting is ;p; )
[22:09] <Yarrow> As there's an honest-to-goodness auditorium in this place, the meeting will be taking place there.
[22:09] <Valery> (Useful!)
[22:10] <Yarrow> The people are already in the seats... except for their children, who are running around...
[22:10] <Alaric> (we queue up some music for our entry: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnrXiaPVeHY)
[22:10] <Alaric> (...not really)
[22:11] * Toast rides in on someone's shoulder
[22:11] <Yarrow> And you're backstage while Dizzy gets everyone settled and introduces you.
[22:11] <Alaric> (not my shoulder ;p )
[22:11] * Alaric will step out first when the introductions begin.
[22:11] <Yarrow> (Not the imperial march?)
[22:12] <Alaric> (I definately think Queen trumps the Imperial March)
[22:12] <Alaric> (besides, that's probably Dark lady's theme)
[22:12] <Toast> (hahhahaha)
[22:12] <Toast> (I've totally been mentally playing Princes of the Universe for this game)
[22:13] <Alaric> (anyways.. how's the crowd look?)
[22:13] <Toast> (that, and Don't Stop Me Now specifically for Toast)
[22:13] <Yarrow> The crowd watches and listens intently as Alaric comes out.
[22:13] <Alaric> (what was Dizzy's introduction?)
[22:13] <Alaric> (I kinda need to know what I'm riffing off ;p )
[22:14] <Yarrow> Nothing fancy. Just that you guys are here, so please quiet down.
[22:14] <Alaric> (is there a microphone or something?)
[22:14] <Alaric> (or is it small enough that none is needed?)
[22:15] <Yarrow> Dizzy said she'd hook your comms into the sound system once you're on-stage. Be sure to mute them if you say something you don't want to go through the speakers.
[22:15] <Alaric> (hmm... I wonder if it's a dark general power to talk in bold)
[22:15] <Alaric> (or do you need to be an evil deity to do that)
[22:15] * Alaric will step out to center stage and wait a couple moments, before beginning.
[22:15] <Toast> (well, Death is caps lock)
[22:15] <Alaric> "Thank you, everyone, for gathering here."
[22:16] <Yarrow> Is everyone else following Alaric out?
[22:16] <Valery> (Yeah)
[22:16] * Koizumi remains off to Alaric's side while he speaks.
[22:16] * Valery follows, and stands to the side.
[22:16] * Xui-Fei follows also off but to Doc's left
[22:16] <Toast> (guess I'll be on Val's shoulder)
[22:17] <Alaric> "First, before anything else, I believe we all owe you proper introductions."
[22:17] <Alaric> "Many of us are already acquainted.. and many, not. As such, my name is Alaric."
[22:17] * Alaric draws his henshin pen, and holds it up in front of him.
[22:17] <Yarrow> (Alaric makes his way down the aisles, kissing hands and shaking babies.)
[22:17] <Alaric> "Nietzsche...Nihilist Power... Make-up!"
[22:18] * Alaric leaps a foot into the air, spinning as waves of darkness engulf him... as the winds turn golden, her senshi form emerges, and she lands facing the crowd.
[22:18] <Alaric> "I am also Sailor Nietzsche."
[22:19] <Yarrow> There's murmuring among the crowd. Someone clearly asks a neighbor what a Neeshee is.
[22:19] <Alaric> (fanservice, engage!)
[22:19] <Yarrow> "Mommy! She was naked!"
[22:19] <Toast> (lol)
[22:19] * Koizumi covers her mouth to help maintain a straight face.
[22:19] * Alaric grins.
[22:20] * Valery sweatdrops.
[22:20] <Alaric> "Indeed, I was."
[22:20] * Toast still doesn't quite get the big deal about nudity and looks slightly puzzled
[22:20] <Alaric> "Don't worry, that's quite normal."
[22:20] * Alaric is now known as Sailor_Nietzsche
[22:20] * Sailor_Nietzsche looks over to Valery.
[22:20] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "If you would..?"
[22:20] <Yarrow> A woman near the front quietly but firmly replies to her daughter, "I don't care! You still have to wear clothes!"
[22:21] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (w00t, icebreaker!)
[22:21] <Yarrow> Dizzy smacks her forehead.
[22:21] * Xui-Fei chuckles and steps up
[22:22] <Yarrow> After a brief but heated exchange with someone backstage, she comes out and puts microphones in front of everyone on stage.
[22:23] <Yarrow> She then makes 'go ahead' motions and goes backstage again.
[22:23] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (...introductions?)
[22:23] <Xui-Fei> "I'm Xui-Fei Chuan" he begins, "I'm a student of Musabetsu Kakuto Saotome-Ryu, or if want an easier name the Saotome School of Anything Goes Martial Arts" he says reaching for his wand, "also I am Sailor Mjollnir"
[22:23] * Xui-Fei then poses, "Mjollnir Star power make up!" and changes
[22:23] * Xui-Fei is now known as Sailor_Mjollnir
[22:24] <Yarrow> There's more talking among the crowd.
[22:24] <Yarrow> Someone calls out, "Why were you two men?"
[22:25] <Sailor_Mjollnir> "we were born that way" she bluntly answers, "though the senshi powers are new"
[22:25] * Koizumi bites her lips, mouth still hidden behind her hand.
[22:25] * Valery considers responding 'Very good disguises, eh?'
[22:25] <Sailor_Nietzsche> ("The supreme court finally ruled that discrimination against a non-protected group is still discrimination. So we get guy Senshi.")
[22:27] <Yarrow> Next?
[22:27] * Yarrow appoints Valery as the next person.
[22:28] * Valery steps up a bit and bows. "Um... I'm Valery Schein. I'm also Sailor Sophia."
[22:28] * Valery transforms.
[22:28] <Yarrow> Man in the front row, to his neighbor: "A real woman. I feel better about this one."
[22:29] * Valery sweatdrops, but it's at the back of her head, so they don't see it.
[22:29] <Yarrow> His neighbor (Aleks, Valery's brother): "Yeeeaaah...."
[22:29] <Toast> (How does the transformation effect Toast?)
[22:29] <Toast> (who was riding on her shoulder?)
[22:29] <Sailor_Mjollnir> "uh hate to break it to you Val is also a guy" she says
[22:29] <Yarrow> Good question. Body roll!
[22:30] <Toast> roll 2d6+1
[22:30] <McDice> Toast rolled : 2d6+1 --> [ 2d6=10 ]{11}
[22:30] <Valery> (Mjoll... why was that necessary to mention at all? It's not a question :P )
[22:30] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (nice)
[22:30] <Yarrow> Aww. Toast manages to hold on.
[22:30] <Valery> (And wow, nice roll)
[22:30] * Toast looks a little dizzy
[22:30] <Yarrow> (No flight into the chest of a woman in the front.)
[22:31] <Valery> (... Sorry 'bout that roll, man.)
[22:31] <Yarrow> "Daddy, why is there a rat on her shoulder?"
[22:31] <Sailor_Mjollnir> (way crush there little dreams that's what I say)
[22:32] <Yarrow> Koizumi's turn.
[22:33] * Koizumi continues to cover her mouth, trying hard to not snicker. "Koizumi Mitchiyo, nice to meet you..."
[22:33] <Valery> (Bah. Why are you crushing their little dreams, though? :P )
[22:34] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (they ones who have crossgender fetishes deserve to have a Senshi to lust after, don't they?)
[22:34] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (oh wait, there's no lack of that ;p )
[22:35] <Valery> (YEAH baby, gimme some love :P )
[22:35] <Yarrow> (I have no idea if that was from the player or the character...)
[22:35] <Yarrow> Koizumi, you're going to look pretty weird talking through your hand.
[22:37] * Koizumi snickers to herself and finds the mic, avoiding trying to laugh.
[22:39] <Koizumi> "Sailor Phobos, makeup!"
[22:39] * Koizumi is now known as Sailor_Phobos
[22:39] <Yarrow> ("Aaah! It's her! Run!!!")
[22:40] <Sailor_Phobos> ("Yes, flee in terror!")
[22:40] <Yarrow> Woman from the crowd: "Hey, wait a minute! Aren't you blind?!"
[22:41] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (Koizumi: "Oh, that's just for the workmans comp.")
[22:41] <Sailor_Phobos> "My powers as a senshi allow me to see, in a manner of speaking."
[22:42] <Yarrow> Woman: "Oh. Well. That's good..."
[22:42] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (valery, gonna change nics?)
[22:42] <Toast> "And I'm Toast. I'm a stoat, not a rat."
[22:42] * Valery is now known as Sophia
[22:43] * Sailor_Mjollnir detranseforms
[22:43] <Yarrow> Is Toast going to transform?
[22:43] <Sailor_Mjollnir> (scratch that)
[22:43] <Toast> (nope)
[22:43] * Sailor_Nietzsche takes up her mic.
[22:44] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "To forestall the obvious questions, Toast is our demolotions expert and insurgency advisor."
[22:44] * Sailor_Nietzsche says this with a little humor.
[22:44] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (*demolitions)
[22:44] <Yarrow> She doesn't get a laugh from the audience.
[22:46] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "Thank you all for bearing with us.. we've asked you to join us here, because we know that you need answers."
[22:47] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "Answers regarding what has come to pass.. but more importantly, the shape which future is to take."
[22:48] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (hmm, there was a word wrong in there somewhere ;p )
[22:48] <Sophia> (You missed a 'the')
[22:48] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (yeah, that'd do it)
[22:49] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "Of the tragedy we have all suffered, we know only so much."
[22:49] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "The name of our assailants is Nemesis."
[22:49] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (we know they're from anotheprlanet, right? that was mentioned?)
[22:49] <Yarrow> Yes.
[22:50] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "They are not of this world; they hail from a distant planet within this solar system."
[22:50] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "Their intent, by all reasonable measures, was our eradication."
[22:50] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "In this, they have failed. We survive."
[22:51] <Sailor_Nietzsche> raising voice, "And we do not survive alone!"
[22:52] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "We have already established communications with one group not dissimilar from ourselves, and are searching out more."
[22:53] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "All that said, that does not address the question of what comes next for us."
[22:54] <Yarrow> There's a murmur of agreement from the audience.
[22:55] * Sailor_Phobos listens quietly.
[22:56] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "All of us must mourn."
[22:56] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "Yet at the same time, we must find the strength in our hearts to put foot in front of foot, and take the steps necessary to ensure our, and our childrens, survival."
[22:57] * Sailor_Mjollnir smirks crossing her arms under her ample bust
[22:58] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "Let me state now, that each of us Senshi is dedicated to ensuring that survival."
[22:59] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "But we will need your help."
[22:59] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (hmm.. I'll try to type this a little faster.. ;p )
[22:59] * Sailor_Nietzsche looks over the crowd.
[23:00] <Yarrow> The Q&A portion will take place next session, btw.
[23:01] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "In the days to come, we will do our best to re-establish some modicum of normalcy for our children. Schooling, such as we can manage, will be made available."
[23:01] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "But as our children learn, we must school ourselves in skills that we had never imagined we should ever need."
[23:01] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "First among them, basic principles of self defense..
[23:01] * Sailor_Nietzsche gives a look over at Mjollnir.
[23:02] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "And of the use of firearms, of which this site has a generous cache."
[23:02] <Sailor_Mjollnir> "my normal side is well verses in several styles" she says
[23:02] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (are Jake and Chance in the crowd?)
[23:02] <Yarrow> Loud murmuring takes place among the crowd.
[23:02] <Yarrow> They're up front, off to the side.
[23:03] <Sailor_Mjollnir> "I know this is too much to take in but these are the facts we must face" she says passonatly
[23:04] * Sailor_Nietzsche nods.
[23:05] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "We MUST never again be helpless as we were against the first wave of the NEmesian assault."
[23:05] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "Military skills are not the only we must master."
[23:06] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "Knowledge of field medicine will be needed. I would urge any who balk at taking up arms to consider this route instead."
[23:06] <Yarrow> roll 2d6+6
[23:06] <McDice> Yarrow rolled : 2d6+6 --> [ 2d6=7 ]{13}
[23:07] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (ooh, assassination attempt)
[23:07] <Yarrow> Carry on.
[23:07] <Sailor_Mjollnir> (either that or an inspriaton roll)
[23:07] * Sailor_Phobos looks continues to look on silently.
[23:08] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "Though much of this will be new to all of us, it is needed if we are to survive and rebuild."
[23:09] * Sailor_Nietzsche stops for a moment to catch her breath.
[23:09] * Sailor_Nietzsche continues.
[23:10] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (I think next time, I'll just roll the dice for the speech ;p )
[23:10] * RZ_[Zzzz] (~Zero@124-169-97-161.dyn.iinet.net.au) Quit (Broken pipe)
[23:11] <Sailor_Phobos> ("Ow ow ow..." ~What's wrong?~ "My typist had a finger sprain from typing so much air coming out of my mouth...")
[23:12] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "These are the things we ask of you... in turn, we will ask of ourselves the following:"
[23:12] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "That we gather to us as many of our fellow citizens of Crystal Tokyo as we may."
[23:13] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "That we succor those in need, and defense those in peril."
[23:13] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "That we discern the whereabouts of our Queen, Serenity, and her Senshi, and gain their aid."
[23:13] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (unsaid: should it be had ;p )
[23:14] <Sailor_Mjollnir> (eh I think the inners once deprogramed will help us)
[23:14] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "And that when all this has been accomplished, we strike back against the invaders, and drive them forth from Crystal Tokyo."
[23:14] * Sailor_Mjollnir nods
[23:14] <Yarrow> The audience hasn't really been connecting to most of your speech. They seem mostly uneasy and confused. The line about not knowing where the queen & senshi are made them more nervous.
[23:15] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (heh, well, that's the downside to having nobody in the party with any social skill ;p )
[23:16] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (I mean shit, *I*'m probably a better speechifier than Nietzsche ;p )
[23:16] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (.. I think I'd know better than to take a super formal tone at least ;p )
[23:16] <Sophia> (Heheheh)
[23:17] <Sailor_Mjollnir> "till that day we must be strong, we will find the queen and her senshi" she says
[23:18] <Yarrow> Yep. Talking about them being missing definitely makes them nervous.
[23:18] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "I know, it is much to take in, and little of it reassuring."
[23:19] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "But this is the hand we have been dealt."
[23:21] <Sailor_Nietzsche> "Together, we have the strength to survive this."
[23:21] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (and I'm about tapped out for inspiration ;p )
[23:21] <Sailor_Mjollnir> (I've helped as well as I can)
[23:21] <Yarrow> Bring it to a close and ask for questions, then.
[23:22] <Sailor_Mjollnir> "and that is the suiation at hand if you have any questions....now would be the time to ask them"
[23:22] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (thank you)
[23:22] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (bleah.. sorry everyone for taking so friggin' long)
[23:22] <Yarrow> Ok. We'll start with Q&A next week.
[23:23] <Sailor_Nietzsche> (phew)
[23:23] * Sailor_Nietzsche is now known as Alathon
[23:23] * Toast is now known as Ataru
[23:23] * Sophia is now known as Pale_Wolf
[23:23] <Yarrow> 2 cp for tonight.
"Last week, I tried praying. But I found I was only talking to myself. Don't worry, I learned my lesson last time. This time, no disciples!" - N. Reynolds, To Tell a Hawk from a Handsaw
Alathon
User avatar
Chibi Sailor Senshi
Posts: 322
 

Re: Once again! DCG- Crystal Tokyo BESM game. Survival-Horror

Postby Alathon » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:29 pm

Session 10

[17:00] <Yarrow> Alathon won't be able to make the session (or possibly arrive very late). I'm not sure if Ataru's going to be here or not.
[17:02] <Yarrow> So, who is here and ready?
[17:03] <Dorin> Apart from cooking a pizza, I'm good
[17:04] <Pale_Wolf> Just about, trying (and failing) to set some appointments for the push week...
[17:05] <Light02> dinner is on and my mom is mad so if I don't go afk now I'm gonna get my ass chewed
[17:05] <Yarrow> Estimated time to return?
[17:07] <Yarrow> Right. Whoever's here and ready, change your nick.
[17:07] * Dorin is now known as Koizumi
[17:07] * Koizumi shrugs
[17:07] <Yarrow> And someone bring in a dicebot, please.
[17:08] * Pale_Wolf is now known as Valery
[17:08] <Yarrow> Ok. Two players. We're starting.
[17:09] <Koizumi> This is where we play chess with one another, practicing our brain picking skills.
[17:10] <Yarrow> The party is currently on stage in the auditorium of HQ. You've just introduced yourselves and given a speech about the situation in Crystal Tokyo. Alaric did most of the speaking so far but couldn't seem to get the crowd behind him. They mostly seem nervous and concerned about what's happening. Mention of the queen & senshi being missing seemed to make them especially nervous.
[17:11] <Yarrow> The floor has just been thrown open for questions. Alaric takes a step back, indicating that he'll let the rest of you field most of the questions, since he hasn't seemed to connect with the audience.
[17:12] <Yarrow> Dizzy asks people to raise their hands if they have questions. A forest of hands springs up.
[17:13] <Yarrow> Feel free to pick people and start answering.
[17:13] * Valery points at one at random. "Um... go ahead?"
[17:14] <Yarrow> It's a middle aged man. He opens his mouth and suddenly looks confused about exactly what he wants to ask. With a look of frustration, he finally settles for just asking, "What, exactly, is going on?"
[17:14] * Koizumi leans back quietly, biting her lip, listening.
[17:16] * Valery takes a deep breath. "Right now, we're under invasion. We don't know why, really, though we're working to find out."
[17:16] <Yarrow> Man: "How?"
[17:17] <Koizumi> "We're investigating any leads that come up. Securing vital information or survivors as we find them."
[17:18] * Valery glances at Alaric. "We are going to scout out the palace as soon as we can. When we've done that, we can come back with some more answers, we'll know what the senshi are doing, and we will be able to see what information the main computers will have on Nemesis."
[17:18] * Koizumi nods to Valery.
[17:18] <Yarrow> A woman calls out, "Why didn't the senshi stop them?"
[17:19] <Valery> "... Right now, we don't know that. But... believe me, that's the very first thing I'm going to be asking."
[17:19] <Yarrow> Dizzy: "Please raise your hands if you have questions. If everyone shouts out their questions, none of them will be heard."
[17:19] <Yarrow> Hands go back up.
[17:20] * Valery points at another hand. "Please go ahead."
[17:21] <Yarrow> Woman: "Who... *what* are these strange women attacking? *Why* are they killing people?"
[17:22] * Koizumi bites her lip again and remains quiet on that one.
[17:23] <Valery> "They are the Nemesian 'droids', what looks like their primary combat weapon. The reason why they're killing everyone they see... the closest we've been able to find out is that they 'don't have a use for us'."
[17:23] <Yarrow> People in the audience murmur at that.
[17:24] <Yarrow> But hands go back up. Should I just assume you pick someone each time or do you want to specify that you're picking someone (like if you're looking for a certain type of person).
[17:24] <Koizumi> (Quick, brain scan for the easy ones! ...)
[17:25] <Valery> (Well, we're not looking for a certain type at the moment, other than 'as calm and self-controlled as can be expected right now')
[17:25] <Yarrow> Man: "Well, do you know what they do want? Have you tried talking to them?"
[17:27] <Valery> "The droids themselves don't seem to have much sense of diplomacy, they attack on sight. We have not yet encountered an actual officer who we could try negotiating with."
[17:28] <Yarrow> Xui-Fei looks like he's considering speaking up at that point but decides not to.
[17:28] <Koizumi> "They have only killed and slaughtered in every single encournter we are aware of. Peace does not seem an option with them"
[17:29] <Yarrow> The audience goes quiet for a moment.
[17:29] <Yarrow> Next question: "Where is everyone else? Who else is ... still alive?"
[17:31] <Valery> "... There have been a lot of losses. We still haven't finished locating all groups of survivors, but we have located one, under Star Valentine, if anyone knows her? We'll be working on getting a list of survivors exchanged shortly."
[17:31] <Yarrow> No one seems to know her.
[17:32] <Yarrow> Next question: "What is this place?"
[17:32] <Yarrow> The man waves his hand around to indicate he's talking about HQ.
[17:32] * Neko_Arc (~ExUser@cpe-76-83-49-149.socal.res.rr.com) has joined #cte
[17:33] <Valery> "This is an emergency shelter constructed by a woman who called herself Ami."
[17:34] <Yarrow> Next question: "How did you become senshi? Why you?"
[17:36] * Koizumi blinks. "We're not really sure. These powers just came to us, it is my profound hope it is the Queen's wisdom, even in this time of tragedy, that we are charged with pulling ourselves back together."
[17:36] * Valery holds up her arms helplessly. "We... don't really know that yet."
[17:37] <Yarrow> Next question: "How many invaders are there?"
[17:37] * Koizumi shrugs.
[17:38] * Valery (~miraclewo@CPE001346f5370f-CM0012c9ab5798.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com) Quit (Connection reset by peer)
[17:38] <Yarrow> (Valery faints under the pressure.)
[17:39] * Valery (~miraclewo@CPE001346f5370f-CM0012c9ab5798.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com) has joined #cte
[17:39] <Valery> <Yarrow> Next question: "How many invaders are there?"
[17:39] <Valery> * Koizumi shrugs.
[17:39] <Valery> <Valery> "We don't have a full count at this time."
[17:39] <Valery> * Disconnected
[17:39] <Koizumi> "We have no idea their numbers, or their place of origin. We can assume from what we've seen, they are substantial."
[17:39] <Valery> (What'd I miss?)
[17:39] <Yarrow> Nothing.
[17:40] <Yarrow> Same person: "Are there enough of you to beat them?"
[17:41] <Koizumi> "We don't have that kind of power right now. We have to consolidate ourselves, and strengthen our defenses. I guess stealth and subtly are our best options."
[17:41] <Valery> "We can win in any small engagement, but we haven't found enough at this time to face them down in force. That's why we'll be needing your help."
[17:42] <Yarrow> Someone in the audience, incredulous: "Us??"
[17:43] <Koizumi> "We have to band together, more then ever. If we're to survive. We don't need soldiers, no one's asking that of everyone, but we do need to organize."
[17:45] <Yarrow> After a moment, there's another question: "When do you think we can go home... or leave here, anyway?"
[17:45] * Light02 is now known as Xui-Fei
[17:45] * Koizumi lets Valery field that one.
[17:46] <Koizumi> wb)
[17:46] <Xui-Fei> (sorry about that)
[17:46] <Valery> "At the moment... we don't really have a timeline on when there will be safe areas to go to."
[17:47] <Yarrow> Next question, from Ichigo: "How safe is this place?" He slightly emphasizes the word 'safe'.
[17:48] <Koizumi> ("You're all still alive, aren't you? ..."))
[17:48] <Valery> "Absolutely, as long as they don't find us."
[17:49] <Yarrow> Ichigo: "But surely this place has some impressive defenses if they do find us, doesn't it?"
[17:49] <Valery> "While it is secure enough to hold off any attack by the droids we have seen thus far, we do not yet know to what degree it can stand up to their orbital bombardments. If we are spotted, we will have to move."
[17:50] * Xui-Fei nods
[17:50] <Koizumi> "That's why stealth is important; we're securing new systems to boost our defenses. And in time, we'll need volenteers to learn the weapon systems here, so we can have a defense militia, just in case."
[17:51] <Yarrow> Ichigo, nodding: "So, unless we draw attention to ourselves, we should be very safe here."
[17:51] <Koizumi> "Yes"
[17:51] <Yarrow> The audience seems to relax a bit.
[17:52] <Yarrow> Next question: "You mentioned orbital bombardments...?"
[17:53] <Valery> "Who here has seen the white beams of light from above that they started off with?"
[17:53] <Yarrow> A bunch of people have seen them.
[17:54] <Xui-Fei> "that answers that question"
[17:54] <Koizumi> ("That's actually a malfunction of the Yggdrasil Computer System, somewhere up in orbit. We've called tech-support four days ago, but they still have us on hold.")
[17:54] <Valery> "We believe those are bombardments fired from the spacecraft that they used to bring them here."
[17:54] <Yarrow> (Apparently, you have to purchase a new service contract. You can't afford one, though.)
[17:55] <Koizumi> (Somewhere at the sysop computer terminal, Urd is hawking credit card numbers))
[17:55] <Yarrow> Next question, from a young man: "Do you think the senshi are really dead and you're their replacements?"
[17:56] * Xui-Fei looks at the rest
[17:56] <Koizumi> "We have no idea if that's true or not. The Senshi might be dedicated to protecting the Queen and the Royal Family."
[17:56] <Valery> "I don't know. It would be irresponsible of me to answer that either way until we've at least seen what's going on at the palace."
[17:57] <Yarrow> Next question: "How long can we stay here for if we're not found?"
[17:58] <Koizumi> "Possibly, indefinatly"
[17:59] <Yarrow> Dizzy: "Our best estimate is that if the population here remains constant, with no additional outside supplies, we have enough to support ourselves for three years."
[18:00] <Koizumi> (When our rations begin to run low, we somehow discover a hidden hydroponics lab, where Venus was keeping her "sacred herbs")
[18:00] <Valery> (Half of them look sheepishly at each other. Dizzy: "Or if all of you idjits got knocked up, one and a half years.")
[18:00] <Yarrow> (Toast: "And there are tons of perfectly good bodies out there that no one's even nibbled on.")
[18:02] <Yarrow> Next question: "So... what are we supposed to do while you're out there going to the palace and stuff?"
[18:03] <Valery> "Training so you can defend yourselves... working on getting everything organized... there's a lot more work to be done than just our scouting."
[18:05] <Yarrow> There don't seem to be any more questions at the moment.
[18:06] <Valery> "This is going to be tough... but I know if we stick together and give it everything we've got, we can get through this."
[18:06] * Valery bows.
[18:06] * Koizumi nods deeply.
[18:06] <Yarrow> Alaric thanks everyone for coming and their excellent questions.
[18:08] * Koizumi lets out a breath as soon as in a quiet, out of the way place.
[18:08] <Yarrow> Do you leave the stage?
[18:08] * Valery will wait a moment for any further questions, and then do so.
[18:08] * Koizumi pauses and leaves with the others.
[18:08] <Yarrow> I assume you go backstage, rather than through the audience.
[18:09] * Xui-Fei does that
[18:09] <Yarrow> Dizzy: "Well, it could have gone better, but it could have gone a lot worse, too."
[18:09] <Valery> (Yes, we will)
[18:09] * Koizumi nods.
[18:10] * Valery takes a deep breath as they get backstage.
[18:10] <Koizumi> "I guess they won't run out of the building screaming, at least"
[18:12] <Yarrow> Dizzy nods and then goes off to have some private words with Alaric.
[18:13] * Koizumi sits quietly.
[18:13] <Yarrow> An older woman walks in, a bit uncertainly, from the stage.
[18:13] <Yarrow> "Excuse me... I'm looking for Koizu--oh, there you are, dear."
[18:13] <Valery> "I don't think I've ever said anything in front of that many people..."
[18:14] * Valery blinks, and blushes, getting out of the older lady's path to Koi.
[18:14] <Yarrow> Woman: "I don't know if you remember me, but I'm Helen, an old friend of your parents."
[18:14] * Koizumi looks over quietly, rubbing her cheek. "Hmm...faintly"
[18:15] <Yarrow> Helen: "I was wondering if you know whether they're ..."
[18:17] * Koizumi sighs. "All I can remember...is one minute I was performing, the next everything was gone and I was in a smoking crater. I assume everyone's dead...my parents...even Kohaku (or do I have that wrong...)"
[18:17] <Yarrow> It's not an unreasonable assumption.
[18:17] * Xui-Fei looks on with a bemused look
[18:18] <Yarrow> Helen sighs and pats Koizumi on the shoulder. "Oh, you poor thing."
[18:18] * Koizumi sighs softly, letting out it out.
[18:19] <Yarrow> "They were good people." She chuckles affectionately. "Such firebrands. So outspoken..."
[18:19] * Koizumi snickers softly.
[18:20] <Koizumi> "I..miss them, but..."
[18:20] * Koizumi sighs and shakes her head.
[18:20] <Koizumi> "It's all I can do'
[18:21] * Koizumi looks to this Helen quietly. "And what about you?"
[18:23] <Yarrow> Helen: "Oh, I miss them, too, of course." She sniffs. "I knew them for decades... You may not know this, but before you were born, they were so active in the community."
[18:24] * Koizumi blinks at that. "I...didn't know that...they were so quiet and reserved..."
[18:24] <Yarrow> She smiles fondly. "They had so many ideas for how Crystal Tokyo could be 'greater' and how things should be done differently. And they were insistant on sharing them with everyone."
[18:25] <Yarrow> "They were so very persuasive and charismatic. The queen even summoned them a few times."
[18:26] * Koizumi blinks quietly, with unseeing eyes. "I see...so that's how they managed my performances at the palace, then..."
[18:26] <Yarrow> She shakes her head. "Whatever she said to them convinced them that things were best the way they were and they would quiet down for a while, but eventually they'd come up with some new ideas and be off again."
[18:27] <Valery> (And of course we pretty much completely miss the implications of that... :P )
[18:27] * Koizumi nods quietly. "I see..."
[18:28] <Yarrow> "But, of course, then you came along with your special ... condition--and your incredible gifts too, of course!--and your parents focused on more important matters close to home."
[18:28] <Yarrow> She smiles affectionately at Koizumi.
[18:28] * Koizumi gives a soft smile.
[18:29] <Yarrow> Helen shakes her head. "Well, I'm sure you have important things to do now. Who'd ever imagine it--you a senshi! But if you ever need anything or just want to talk to an old woman who knew your parents, my door is always open."
[18:30] <Yarrow> She gives Koizumi's hand a soft pat and walks off.
[18:30] * Koizumi nods and gives the woman's hand a squeeze in turn. "Thank you"
[18:31] * Xui-Fei smirks, "nice woman," he says to Koizumi before heading off
[18:32] * Koizumi rises and sighs. "I suppose..."
[18:33] <Xui-Fei> "something wrong?"
[18:33] <Koizumi> "No, just trying to imagine my parents as anything more than i remember them is...difficult. But, they did have a life before me"
[18:35] <Valery> "They all do."
[18:35] <Yarrow> Are people planning to do anything (or talk) this evening?
[18:36] * Rockman_Zero (~Zero@203-59-15-93.dyn.iinet.net.au) has joined #cte
[18:36] * Koizumi nods, crossing her arms under her breasts. "But, we have other things to do...hmm?"
[18:36] <Xui-Fei> "least you remember your parents" he says with a bit of a smile "I never knew mine..."
[18:36] <Valery> (I dunno, I think I forgot what I might have been planning...)
[18:36] <Xui-Fei> (I think we are preping to check the palace)
[18:36] * Koizumi rubs Xui's back suddenly. "I'm sorry"
[18:37] <Xui-Fei> "it's ok," he says before he looks onwards, "shouldn't we preparing for our next bit?"
[18:38] <Valery> "Bring up your map, and we can plan a route?"
[18:38] <Koizumi> "Yes, we'd better make ready"
[18:38] <Valery> (And what's the weather like outside? Cloudy, raining, clear?)
[18:39] <Yarrow> Dark.
[18:39] <Koizumi> (Tonight's forcast: Dark! Followed by continued dark, with bits of light in the morning)
[18:39] * Xui-Fei nods, "right"
[18:40] <Yarrow> Lilith, from the ESC: "If you go to room 110, I can print out a map for you."
[18:40] <Valery> "We'll need to do this in the morning as usual, we still don't know how well the droids can see in daylight..."
[18:40] * Xui-Fei blinks, "even better"
[18:40] <Koizumi> "Well, that's handy...I'll just have to hold Valery's hand though."
[18:40] * Koizumi giggles.
[18:40] <Valery> (Er, that is, in darkness :P )
[18:40] * Valery nods, and takes Koi's hand to lead her along.
[18:41] <Koizumi> "Aww, you're so sweet..."
[18:41] <Yarrow> Why is Koizumi being led by the hand?
[18:41] * Koizumi giggles again.
[18:41] <Koizumi> "I meant on the way to the palace, but I don't mind."
[18:41] <Valery> ('cause she's blind?)
[18:41] * Valery blushes. "... Ah."
[18:42] * Xui-Fei heads to 110 to get the printout
[18:42] * Koizumi leans up to peer at Valery's face. "Hmm, are you blushing? I can't tell?" While following along.
[18:42] <Yarrow> You head to the room and a large printout is waiting for you.
[18:43] * Xui-Fei picks it up, "thanks Lilith"
[18:44] <Yarrow> There's a conference table and chairs around it if you want to plan here.
[18:44] * Koizumi leans back on her cane. "It is a long one?"
[18:44] <Yarrow> Or you can go somewhere else.
[18:45] <Yarrow> Lilith: "No problem. Do you want me to call anyone else here?"
[18:45] * Valery nods. "Thanks for that... I suppose we can plan out here... Could you tell Alaric-san and Toast-kun where we are whenever they're ready?"
[18:45] <Yarrow> Toast nips Valery's ear. "I'm still on your shoulder..."
[18:46] * Koizumi sits quietly, listening more than even bothering trying to read.
[18:46] <Yarrow> Lilith: "Alaric's with a patient right now. He'll be there when he can."
[18:47] <Valery> (Well, I didn't know that :P )
[18:47] <Yarrow> Well, now you do.
[18:47] <Valery> (So it would seem)
[18:47] <Koizumi> ("Eek, Toast is trying to eat me!")
[18:47] <Yarrow> (Toast: "OM NOM NOM!")
[18:47] * Xui-Fei sets the map on the table
[18:48] <Koizumi> "Now, given the givens, I'll just have to listen and get distances. Because...well, what use is it for me to read a map?"
[18:48] * Valery leans over, taking a look at said map.
[18:49] <Yarrow> Lilith: "I'll see if there's anything around that can print a contour map."
[18:49] <Xui-Fei> "ok"
[18:49] <Koizumi> "Thank you, Lili"
[18:51] * Rockman_Zero is now known as Magical_Lyrical_Dragingirl_Pir
[18:51] * Magical_Lyrical_Dragingirl_Pir is now known as Pirelli
[18:51] <Koizumi> (... ... ...)
[18:51] * Xui-Fei looks around trying to get a point of reference ie where this safehouse is located on the map
[18:51] <Yarrow> It looks like you'll have a nice trip of about 30km ahead of you to get to the palace.
[18:52] <Xui-Fei> "oh boy..." he looks at the group, "I hope your prepared to rough it...."
[18:52] <Koizumi> "I take it from that, it's a long way?"
[18:52] * Valery winces. "It'd be better to use Metel to get out there, so I hope we have a day overcast enough to take off..."
[18:53] <Koizumi> "If only we had an armored car we could use"
[18:53] <Xui-Fei> "Val suggested Metal but I'm worried about being spoted in the air"
[18:54] <Valery> (She's blind, not deaf...)
[18:54] * Koizumi nods. "Yes, I'd rather not risk her anymore than normal."
[18:55] <Koizumi> *than we have too
[18:56] <Xui-Fei> "agreed so at the moment we either we walk the distance and that's gonna be acouple of days at most or we find some sort of transport other than metal"
[18:57] <Xui-Fei> "granted if we were traveling my pace it'd be a day 30 km in one day is nothing I've made 60 before"
[18:58] <Koizumi> "Well, other transport would be good..if we can find it. I don't like being out in the open over that distance"
[18:59] * Valery (~miraclewo@CPE001346f5370f-CM0012c9ab5798.cpe.net.cable