Wargame experiment

Here's where Role Playing, and Multiple Author story threads go. Keep on topic or... in character.... whatever

Wargame experiment

Postby Dorin » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:41 pm

Yes, you read it right. I'm thinking about designing and running a forum based rp-wargame here on the sim. So I'm looking for interested persons to help create rules, and then play within. Just something as a different kind of idea to mess with.

Interested individuals are free to voice ideas or questions here on or IRC as they like.

First, need to decide on a setting; I've got two rattling around in my head.

1) Set in the Romance of the Three Kingdoms era of China; roughly 200 to 300 AD, people would either be able to play from a select group of historical officers or make their own and try to conquer the land, or what have them.

-As a silly extension of this, I'm tempted to run it completely Koihime style, for those who know that that is. Heheheh.

2) Set in Medieval Europe, most likely Third Crusade Era, as there are most of the well known and historical figures. No setting yet decided, so it's up in the air.

Focus who'd like to playtest and help design rules, please come forth!

Please...
Dorin
Senshi Cadet

Postby Shadell » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:42 pm

...Koihime style? As in the new anime?

That would be... amusing.

I'd be happy to help design rules or playtest, though I'd probably be more successful at the former.

I can't really get in IRC though.

Any idea how realistic you want to make the mechanics?
Prince(ss) of Europa.
Appointed Spammaster Rank D by Himitsu on Friday May 23, 2008 7:33 pm
http://www.monstersgame.us/?ac=vid&vid=175018118
Shadell
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby Dorin » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:27 pm

That's up in the air; it's really dependent on how much depth players would like. I'm not much for complexity unless it's quested. Simple rules can easily be modified to cover a much larger range of things, with more fun, than overly complex, and sluggish things.
Dorin
Senshi Cadet

Return to RPG's & Multiple Author Works