Sword of Dawn, Hammer of Twilight (Setting, RP, etc)

Here's where Role Playing, and Multiple Author story threads go. Keep on topic or... in character.... whatever

Postby Sailor Sedai (Ellf) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:37 pm

Raisho nodded, turning to face away from the woman. "I suppose I could lend an ear for such information. It's not like I have anything better to do these days." Cocking his head towards Tavi, "Your apprentice Erik? Young sounding though you are, an apprentice speaks of your experience. A small cantrip, as long as it's nothing but a locater spell. I've dealt with enough magic upon me to last a lifetime." Raisho's glasses fell slightly, revealing his unseeing eyes as he spoke. After pushing them back up, he turned towards the throne again. "As I said before, anything in service to the crown. Information on the true heir must be kept secret from any who would dare harm him. He is the Crown."
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
Sailor Sedai (Ellf)
Prism Power Senshi

Postby camk4evr » Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:45 am

Shadell wrote:
"Would you mind if I were to lay a small cantrip on you? Nothing major, just a marker that would allow him to find you easily."

Rikolet discretely takes a step away from Raisho, not wishing to be covered by the cantrip.

Del'hia wrote:"The man's regieme must past, and the restoration of the house of Sillis Kathar, progenitor of the current line of kings come to pass. Only a direct of decendent of Trema deserves to sit on that throne, and only the heir can do that. Will you, do this?"

"You ask us as though you are giving us a choice in the matter," Rikolet muttered in annoyance. Louder she asked, "Do you have any information that will aid us in this search? A way to identify him or a clue as to where we should start would prove helpful."
camk4evr
Moon Senshi

Postby Dorin » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:31 pm

The woman looked on quietly, her face unmoved by the insinuation she was forcing them into anything. Although it was a good assertion that she was. A coin was flipped at Rikolet, no picture on the silver surface, but Elvish letters were ingraved across the surface in precise arrangment around the circle. The scribed tongue The beauty of skies and earth, long defend it, long cherish it.

"The rulers of Del'thaeis know far more than they reveal. I believe starting with the elves is the best place to begin this quest. It is a known fact that Carley is an associate of the elvish council of regents; their members, and he were close friends of the late king for many years through his various military campaigns. There would be a good place to start."

She looked back on quietly and gave a nod of her head. "Try there, if nothing comes about, seek out the Dwarves."
Dorin
Senshi Cadet

Postby Shadell » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:38 pm

"The man's regieme must past, and the restoration of the house of Sillis Kathar, progenitor of the current line of kings come to pass. Only a direct of decendent of Trema deserves to sit on that throne, and only the heir can do that. Will you, do this?"

Tavi's eyes widened in shock as the new face made itself known and voiced its request.

"If it's an order from you, then I suppose I have no choice but to go myself." The mage didn't seem resentful in the least.

"There is of course a certain matter you should be well aware of that could make it rather troublesome for me to leave Mesair. Should I assume I have your permission as High Wizard to venture out of this cursed city?"
Prince(ss) of Europa.
Appointed Spammaster Rank D by Himitsu on Friday May 23, 2008 7:33 pm
http://www.monstersgame.us/?ac=vid&vid=175018118
Shadell
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby Dorin » Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:55 pm

"You can rest assured, I will handle all matters in that should come up in your absense." She gave a quiet nod, stroking her chin softly. "This is matter is far more pressing, I fear, than any other at the moment"
Dorin
Senshi Cadet

Postby Shadell » Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:20 pm

Tavi nodded, trembling slightly. "I-I-I see." he stuttered out, trying hard to maintain his usual facade of indifference, and failing blatantly. Ever so slightly the boy's lips curled upward into something resembling a smile.
Prince(ss) of Europa.
Shadell
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby camk4evr » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:10 am

Rikolet easily caught the coin. Looking at the coin she tried to decide if there was some significance to the coin other than the usual value.

Dorin wrote:"The rulers of Del'thaeis know far more than they reveal. I believe starting with the elves is the best place to begin this quest. It is a known fact that Carley is an associate of the elvish council of regents; their members, and he were close friends of the late king for many years through his various military campaigns. There would be a good place to start."

She looked back on quietly and gave a nod of her head. "Try there, if nothing comes about, seek out the Dwarves."

For a moment, before she could school her expression, Rikolet looked bothered by Del'hia's suggestions (probably due the usual prejudices that elves and dwarves have for each other). "Why us?" she asked. "Or, more accurately, why haven't you sent for the heir years ago to have him on hand when he was needed?"
camk4evr
Moon Senshi

Postby Musouka » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:39 am

"She has a point. Why hasn't the heir been brought forward? Why us and why now?" Saitou wondered, a puzzled expression on his face.

"What's so special about the date? Surely you have someone in the Conclave with the power, skill, and knowledge who could have gone to find the heir." he frowned before snagging a turkey leg on one of the tables and taking a bite while keeping his eye on Del'hia.
Musouka
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Dorin » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:06 am

The woman sighed and moved as if to sit. A chair animated itself from one side of the room and swept under her body just as her bottom would make contact. Crossing one leg over the other, she lay her hands across her lap and looked the group on with a sweep of her eyes. "What I am about to tell you is mostly rumor and conjecture, based largely on half-evidences and varied hypothesis.

"The late-king, it is a known fact, was a close friend of Gloriaen Lothian, the king of Del'thaeis. It is said the good elf even offered up a cousin of his to marry Issakos-king; even further, it is a fact that Gloriaen has a daughter, some sixteen summers, much to young for the king to marry, as he would now be well into his fifties, and only just now producing an heir from the loins of a young elf, who's conception rate as a race is remarkably low, would be out of the question.

"However, if the king were to have a son, perhaps the same age, or just slightly younger than the elf-princess, and the two were wed..." She looked on with an arched brow, the meaning of that revelation quite clear.

"The two houses would be wed of course, and the late-king's son would inherit a position of power even Trema would envy. Command of the elven hosts? Backed with Mesair's own armies and naval power, he would be nigh invincible.

"It would be a political arrangment to die for, a perfect settlement. Yet, this rumored joining of royal houses never took place. In fact, Issakos turned down dozens of offers from powerful nobles and foreign kings. The man's status as a bachelor was a greater chance for wealth then all the lands he commanded under his crown. And he was quite aware of his need for ensuring his lineage, the man would not be so fool as to rush off to war without at least naming a cousin or member of a lesser house to command the throne.

"Still, no son or daughter has ever surfaced, as no one would believe the claims. The test glaring pretenders in the face is right there." She pointed to the sword, resting peacefully in the hall's throne. "I can atest to its power, having witnessed several brave fools absorbed body and soul for the simple sin of touching the handle without permission of the gods.

"The magic to bind that blade to a blood line is also very specific, were there to be no one of proper claim, rather than risk it fallin into evil hands the blade would snap like cheap iron on a stone wall. That should be evidence enough in and off itself.

"But, I degress. I have no idea who the king's son is, who the mother of the child would be, and any more useful a situation than that. What I can tell you is, we must conclude there is a son, or daughter at least, and attempts to scry for evidence of this person have all failed. This is not because no such person exists, but because powerful forces reflect all spells. There is nothing but feedback, it's like looking into a mirror and expecting to use it as a window. It simply doesn't work.

"Now, I ask you, why would an heir who doesn't exist need such protection?" She smiled, letting out a sigh. "As to why you? The heir is most likely not in the hands of this city. The king appointed six regents, of whom only Darion survives, and left his son in none of their care. He trusted all six of these men, but not leave his child with them, or even reveal the child's location? That means only one thing. He trusted someone else.

"There are only two men in this world to whom Darion was closer than his six regents. Gloriaen Lothian, and Tabbard Bristlebeard. King of the Del'thaeis elves; and General of the Goldenhammer of the dwarves of Edomyr respectively. Both were close companions of Issakos on his military excursions, and lifelong friends closer than brothers in their youth. Now, while he is courageous and valiant, if Tabbard cared for the son of the late king, the dwarf's brash nature would have resulted in him storming into this palace with the full might of his army behind him, holding an infant son, and declaring before all the heavens and gods that he was taking charge of this kingdom until the child was old enough to claim the throne.

"When Issakos died, it was all the Conclave and Gloriaen could do to keep him from tearing this city apart stone by stone to find the king's betrayers. Subtly is not the strong part of a dwarf. An elf on the other hand. who's race is shrouded in mystery and myth, with powers not fully revealed even to most of themselves, is the perfect candidate to hide something in the shadows. Don't you think?

"Darion has tried Gloriaen many times, with neither hide nor hair, not even a scent. The Conclave too, has been rebuffed by the old elf. However, there must be evidence, even the elves can't hide everything. The problem, is someone must get inside. Darion is not trusted, and the Conclave does not act in the light, even if we did we would fail.

"If, however, someone respectfully approached Gloriaen with this news about Darion's failure to sieze power...well, we never know what might happen."
Dorin
Senshi Cadet

Postby Sailor Sedai (Ellf) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:26 am

Raisho nodded before standing. "Well then, shall we get prepared to leave?"
Sailor Sedai (Ellf)
Prism Power Senshi

Postby camk4evr » Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:09 am

Rikolet nodded. "Shall we meet at the city gates (ooc: Whichever ones open on the road to Del'thaeis) a couple hours before noon?" she suggested.
camk4evr
Moon Senshi

Postby Musouka » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:29 am

"A journey to Elven Territory? I'm up for a trip!" Saitou exclaimed before gulping down some ale. "Haven't met an elf before. I wonder if the beauty of their women matches the tales. In any case, I'll meet you at the gates as soon as I get my stuff together and buy some supplies."
Musouka
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Sailor Sedai (Ellf) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:09 pm

"Unless I'm mistaken, a couple of our would-be companions are Elven. From their scents and voices at least." Raisho made a show of walking towards Saitou without bumping into anything.
Sailor Sedai (Ellf)
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Musouka » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:42 pm

"Really? Are you an elf, Raisho? I come from from a village in the mountains up north and we didn't have any elves there. At least any that introduced themselves as elves so I wouldn't know which ones they are." Saitou looks around trying to spot which of his current companions were Elven.
Musouka
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Shadell » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:13 pm

Tavi nodded. "So at the city gates by ten?'
Prince(ss) of Europa.
Shadell
Crystal Power Senshi

PreviousNext

Return to RPG's & Multiple Author Works