Mecha Campagine SRW style.

Here's where Role Playing, and Multiple Author story threads go. Keep on topic or... in character.... whatever

Postby Musouka » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:48 pm

Are we limited to SWR mechs or is it free for all and do we need stats for the pilots?

Wouldn't a dimension of 21.2M in the Gespenst Mk-II M sample be classified as Colossal?
Last edited by Musouka on Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Musouka
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Light02 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:52 pm

no you creat your own mechs basically your a test pilot for a new protype. though musouka I don't know if I'll be able to swich to saturday. the others are kinda wanting that day free and Dorin is planning to get a game going that day.
Light, The New Avatar of Chaos
Light02
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Musouka » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:06 pm

On which day do you plan to hold your sessions? How do you convert Mech d20 to SRW stats? It looks like there are some differences in calculation.
Musouka
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Light02 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:51 am

Musouka wrote:Are we limited to SWR mechs or is it free for all and do we need stats for the pilots?

Wouldn't a dimension of 21.2M in the Gespenst Mk-II M sample be classified as Colossal?

I'm still using the regular mods of the sizes from the games

SRW Size chart for Mecha

Manuver Initive HP starting base
SS Super Small 0 0 0
S Small -2 -2 0
M Medium -4 -4 20
L Large -6 -6 40
SL Super Large -8 -8 60
Light02
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Light02 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:53 am

Musouka wrote:On which day do you plan to hold your sessions? How do you convert Mech d20 to SRW stats? It looks like there are some differences in calculation.

first session is sechedueled for the 18th of July 9pm my time seems to be the earliest I can start, as for session lenght I plan about 3 to 4 hours a session. As for rule besides the changes on the size chart most of the rules for mecha building is the same.
Light02
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Light02 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:07 am

ok on space flight after much discussion with dorin it's now like this

((1+G) x Armor x 10)/2

Edit: edit to note this formula is from the Dynamic Space flight max G's alowed is 2.

Edit #2: additonal bit, combat skills are 2 for one 1 for class skill and 4 for 1 rank cross class combat skill.
Light02
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Dorin » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:20 pm

Glorfindel Prototype "Tsunami"

Giant Robot
Size: Colossal (Medium in game)
Dimension (20m height)
HP: 45 (20 starting + 25 additional hp)(50 MP)
Occupants: 1 (10 MP)
Armor: 10 (50 MP)
Defense: +10 (100 MP)
Strength: 20[+5] (30 MP)

Speed:

Land: 64 kph (40 MP)
Air: 144 kph (90 MP)
-Ceiling: 2250 meters (17 MP)
Space: 0.5 G (50 MP)

Manuver: -2 (+2, 10 MP)
Initiative: -4

Accessories:

Microwave com [Secure 4(+12 DC)](12 MP)
EES (10 MP)
LWR (2 MP)
Ejection Seat (3MP)
INS (2 MP)
Lifesupport (20 MP)
Meta-scanner 2km range (10 MP)
Targeting Bonus +4 (20 MP)
Radar Jammer (+8 DC)(15 MP)
Defensive Jammer (+8 DC)(15MP)
Searchlights (2MP)
Stabilization gear (10 MP)
Cargohold 100kg capacity (1 MP)

Exotic Abilities:

Forcefield (50 points; limited operation time)(100 MP)
Mind-Interface System (10 MP)

Defects:
N/A

Weapons:

Hyperion Mk. 1-1 Plasma Cannon (plasma)(84 MP)(cost 8 MP)
Ammo: 50
Damage: 4d20 (84 MP)
Critical: 20
Range: 1500 m (150m increment)
[Extra-ammo, semi-auto; arc-fire (Front), unreliable)

"Wrath" 30mm auto-turret (ballistic)(99MP)
Ammo:200
Damage: 3d10 (33 MP)
Range: 300 m (30m increment)
(automatic, extra ammo2)

"Templar" Armor Crusher (ballistic)(6 MP)
Ammo:15 rounds
Damage:3d20 (63 MP)
Range:300m (30m increment)
(armor-piercing 3, hardpoint; less ammo, short range2, unreliable)

"Vorpal" Blade (slashing)(7MP)
Ammo: n/a
Damage:2d12+5(26 MP*3)(78MP)
Critical: 18-20
Range: Melee
(armor-piercing, improved threat2, hand-held, muscle-powered; melee)

800 MP spent
Dorin
Senshi Cadet

Postby Musouka » Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:40 pm

What's the max MP and CP for this?
Musouka
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Rockman_Zero » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:39 am

Okay, it looks like I can attend the sessions for this game (At least for now... I have absolutely NO idea what my class schedule will permit once my studies begin next year. :P)

In any case, I've decided to go for a super-sonic transforming mecha, something alot like Kyrios in Gundam 00.

Of course, I've yet to sort out specifics, but I've the crude beginings of a character concept right now, which will hopefully be refined in about a week or so into something much more appropriate.

In any case, I'll start work on it now, though I may need some assistance, as I've never built a mecha in D20 before.
"One shall stand, one shall fall..."
Rockman_Zero
Senshi Cadet

Postby Not-Going-to-Tell » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:02 pm

Just because I fell the need to flesh out the mechs from after OG 1 a little bit.

Alteisen, literally translated from German as 'Old Iron', was given a major upgrade in the war against the Shadow Mirrors, Inspectors and the Einst after being nearly totally destroyed in a battle. Given increased armour, a five barreled autocannon, a MUCH larger Claymore capacity and having it's Revolver Stake replaced with the larger Revolving Bunker which had been intended for the original, it was renamed Alteisen Reise, or 'Old Iron Giant'. This new incarnation was equiped with a telsa drive system, but is unable to fly, as it is to heavy to even walk otherwise.

Weisritter, meaning 'White Knight', also recieved a major upgrade during this time. After being captured by the Einst a large percentage of the mech was converted to almost purely organic material. Renamed the Rein WeissRitter (lit 'Pure White Knight'), it was only usable by Excellen. After the events of the war, the original story was that it downgraded to the original Weis, while the new OGs game states that it kept the upgrade.

Video of both upgrades found at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAHbSfjaJLA&feature=related

Giganscudo, lit Giant Shield, was also given a small upgrade (at least the one Tasuku pilots). It's shield arms were replaced by 'Stealth Anchors', the mech itself was given even MORE Armour, and it's barrier was upgraded to a G-territory, over twice the power of the G-wall system. In honour of the upgrades it was given the new name Giganscudo Duro (short, Gan-Duro), meaning 'Hard Giant Shield' (seriously, who's idea was that?).

On the Grungust series, the type 0 went missing for a time, then was piloted by old master Rishu, who taught both Zengar (I won't call him his translated name, Okay) and Brooklyn Luckfield. It's current status is unknown.

The type one continued to serve as a trusty ride for Irm (though in OG2 it gets picked to death by Grunts piloting the original, now outdated, Lions).

The Type two was created, and several models were produced. All were equiped with a T-Link system for it's barrier system, though it isn't essential for any other part of the mech. Originally intended to surpass the Type one in every way, time and budget constraints led to the removal of the Gust-Lander (tank) mode, and decreased it's potential power. It still boasts a MUCH longer range with it's chest cannon, an open palmed boost knuckle and a rather awesome looking calamity sword. Two of these mechs made their way into the possesion of ATX team members Brooklyn and Kusuha.

There was also a type three model produced. At least three such models were produced. The first, which had a blade based on the type zero's, was deployed from TLI during the inspector/einst war to an Major Zonbolt. Later it showed up during the battle to liberate TLI, when one of it's arms was completely destroyed and it's blade lost. The second unit boasted no special abilities except for two cocpits and a T-Link system. It was piloted by both Brooklyn Luckfield (primary pilot) and Kusuha Mizuha (secondary pilot), and dissapeared during the battle at Cheu hill, China. The third was outfitted with a Tronium power source and given a Shishino blade of appropriate size for a super type. Once again piloted by Brooklyn and Kusuha, this mech has not been destroyed. All models boast eye lasers, drill equiped boost knuckles, and a short range chest cannon.

As for the Space Noahs, the Shirogane was repaired during the six months following the DC and Aerogator war, and was later destroyed when the captain turned traitor. The Kurogane continued to evade the EFA's sights, but is now commanded by a man named Elzam who calls everything else he pilots Trombe. Other than that, there was mention of MP (mass produced) Noah's being built on the moon. Most likely they would be more on line with the Shirogane than the other two, with no major bow weapon to speak of.

Information, including height,weight and weaponry of a mech in the OG verse can be found here. Just ignore plot details if you don't want to know about something.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Banpresto_Originals
Current MP units include; Gespenst Mk II-M, Huckebein Mk II-M, Lion series mechs, and Shadow Mirror mechs (most likely mao still has the plans) which are Laz Aggrif, R-Eins, Ashsaber M, and Randgrith.
There are times for magic, there are time for martial arts, and there are times for giant Tiger-Dragon Robots that have both.
Beware the Otaku. He commands a mech that can unleash 123632 gigatons. Thats the equivalent of shooting Chicago, and knocking down ever building from Colorado to Maine.
Not-Going-to-Tell
Senshi Cadet

Postby Light02 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:15 pm

lol I know of the events in 2.5 Unified Wisdom but sense I have only played the GBA OG games that's what I'm basing this on. though expanding the story Pale_Wolf was doing it as he played the game. though concerning Alt Eisen to Old Iron translation is ok but from what I've looked up it's closer to Scrap Metal same with Alt Eisen Reise or Scrap Metal Giant.

now on the Wiki bit while fair on the info I'll go with this one it's ran by a Japanese speaker. http://srwog.velv.net/ is a great resorce of mecha and banpre original characters.
Light02
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Not-Going-to-Tell » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:24 pm

Okay, okay. just thought that it would be easier for someone coming into the game if they had a little more info. The Gate is also a great resource for Banpresto, as you've said. however the wiki bit also gives a description for each attack and some fairly detailed information about each major mech.

That said, I've got calculations for the HTB cannon and the DGG unit 1's best attack, I can post those here if requested. The second part of my sig actually comes from the HTB calculation. If you want, tell me.
There are times for magic, there are time for martial arts, and there are times for giant Tiger-Dragon Robots that have both.
Beware the Otaku. He commands a mech that can unleash 123632 gigatons. Thats the equivalent of shooting Chicago, and knocking down ever building from Colorado to Maine.
Not-Going-to-Tell
Senshi Cadet

Postby Light02 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:53 pm

in my game there's three attacks that I'm not gonna roll damage on there's just to many dice to roll

Granzon's Black Hole Cluster
SRX Hyper Troium Buster Cannon
DyGenGuard and Aesusetters Tatsumeki Zankatou
Light02
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Rockman_Zero » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:42 am

I forgot to ask, but assuming this takes place in the OG-verse, how many years have passed since the Divine War?

Depending on the answer, I may have an idea for my character concept.
"One shall stand, one shall fall..."
Rockman_Zero
Senshi Cadet

Previous

Return to RPG's & Multiple Author Works