Ranma RP, yearly revival.

Here's where Role Playing, and Multiple Author story threads go. Keep on topic or... in character.... whatever

Ranma RP, yearly revival.

Postby Sailor Sedai (Ellf) » Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:10 pm

Well, considering the last RP died naturally rather than having the unnatural deaths that the last ones did, I'd say it's about time we brought it back.

What happens is simple, your Ranmas from your own fanfiction have been pulled from their world and brought to Nerima in a world where Ranma hasn't arrived there yet. He's been to Jusenkyo though.

The world you will be in will be a crossover world with Sailor Moon, as this is a fukufics forum. However, that doesn't necessarily mean that Ranma of this world will end up in a fuku. Nor does it mean you will be interacting too much with the Senshi. Sailor Moon will be pre-Galaxia but post-SuperS.

Things needed for the RP:

Ranma's Name (If different from Ranma):
Story Ranma's from:
Appearance changes (From canon Ranma):
Basic Ability List:
Minor Summary of Ranma's changes from canon (Or how he is in your fic.):
The rest will unfold as we tell it. Once we have enough people, I'll make the first RP post. Maybe this will get your creative juices flowing, and maybe, just maybe we'll all be putting out fics on this.
PS: You only control your Ranma unless specifically stated otherwise.
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
Sailor Sedai (Ellf)
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Tovath » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:29 am

Can you have the Ranma from further along then your story currently is?
“Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.”
-Hanlon's Razor

"Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much."
-Oscar Wilde

Senshi of Puck
Tovath
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Sailor Sedai (Ellf) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:36 am

Yeah, but nothing too powerful. We don't want anyone godmodding.
Sailor Sedai (Ellf)
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Sailor Sedai (Ellf) » Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:01 am

I guess no one wants to join?
Sailor Sedai (Ellf)
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Tovath » Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:00 pm

I think I will go for it. The place that I am in my story is a bit awkward, so Ranma will get pulled out after Jusenkyo.

Edit: Since it has been a little while and I have actually written more of my story, so I am chageing a few things.

Story Ranma's from: Timeline 4536
Appearance changes (From canon Ranma): looks about the same
Basic Ability List: about the same chi levels as mid story cannon Ranma has a chi attack simalor to Moko Takabisha but it uses pure chi.He does not know any amazon Techniques. Knows some low level western elemental magic. He is has a suit of magic armer and bares the sword Excalibur. He is also largely immune to illusions and mind control spells, but he doesn't know this.
Minor Summary of Ranma's changes from canon (Or how he is in your fic.): Since he has grown up with Makoto as his sister he knows that girl can fight as well as guys, so he has no problems hitting them. He has been traveling with an archaeologist studying the Silver Millennium. Oh yeah and Ranma is not scared of cats.
Last edited by Tovath on Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:16 am, edited 4 times in total.
“Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.”
-Hanlon's Razor

"Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much."
-Oscar Wilde

Senshi of Puck
Tovath
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Sailor Sedai (Ellf) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:48 am

Re-kickstarting it. Anyone who wants to join, post here.
Sailor Sedai (Ellf)
Prism Power Senshi

Postby LiliandraNadiar » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:38 am

Eh, why not.

Ranma's Name (If different from Ranma): Ami Mizuno
Story Ranma's from: Cursed Waters
Appearance changes (From canon Ranma): Guy-Ranma appears the same, Girl-Ranma is Ami from 'cannon'
Basic Ability List: Sailor Moon SuperS abilities. Martial Arts at a level a bit above Cannon Ranma when Uyko arrives. No special moves.
Minor Summary of Ranma's changes from canon (Or how he is in your fic.): Curse trigger at any amount of water room temperature or below. Near scalding water needed to change back. Abandoned after Jusenkyo then adopted by Dr. Mizuno.
When in danger, or in doubt;
Run in circles, scream and shout
LiliandraNadiar
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Atlan » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:47 am

Well, I think I'll give it a stab.

Ranma's Name (If different from Ranma): Temptress
Story Ranma's from: Hellfire Days and Wild Knights
Appearance changes (From canon Ranma): Ranma-chan has much larger breasts than cannon.
Basic Ability List: Temptress is post-manga, and has all the corrseponding abilites. Does not know the Yamasen-ken or any of the other moves she's seen but never used in the manga. Does know the Umisen-ken, and is willing to use it. Speaks english.
Main new power is the ability to seduce people by exhaling a cloud of pink phermones, granting her temperary control over the victim. This wears off after a few hours (or if the victim is knocked out).
Minor Summary of Ranma's changes from canon (Or how he is in your fic.): Curse is locked. Temptress is obsesed with getting Sailor Mercury's autograph, as she believes this will get her back to her own universe.
The Banana, the Atheist's Nightmare:

God made it with a non-slip surface, a color coded system so we know when to eat it, and an easy open tab at the top of the banana. It's just the right shape for a mouth and is easy to digest!!
Atlan
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Sailor Sedai (Ellf) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:40 am

Heh... my entry:

Ranma's Name (If different from Ranma): Unchanged (Will also answer to Rand al'Thor)
Story Ranma's from: Power of the Senshi
Appearance changes (From canon Ranma): Unchanged, save when in the Seifuku of Sailor Sedai.
Basic Ability List: Ability to channel the One Power, transformation into Sailor Sedai along with canon abilities.
Minor Summary of Ranma's changes from canon (Or how he is in your fic.): Ranma is the Dragon Reborn, Reborn and usually clad in a modified version of his clothing to fit with his memories. Carries around and wields Callandor if necessary.
Sailor Sedai (Ellf)
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Metroidvania » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:48 pm

Hmm...this could prove interesting, if it's alright with you, Ellf.

Ranma's Name: Normally Ranma, but will answer to Mistress Nine, Nine, Nine-sama, etc... ^_^

Story Ranma's from: Resurrection of the Silence

Appearance changes (From canon Ranma): Cursed form is a dead ringer for Mistress Nine, uncursed form is normal male Ranma.

Basic Ability List: In addition to Ranma's normal skill set after Saffron, some, not all, of Mistress Nine's special talents, including energy blasts and shielding, as well as tactile hair manipulation.

Minor Summary of Ranma's changes from canon (Or how he is in your fic.): Without giving too much away, once/if my Ranma finds out he's not in his own dimenions, he's going to be actively seeking out a way to get back, and might be a wee bit ruthless about it.
Princess of Hyperion
Spammaster Rank A
Appointed "Universal Translator" by Cyber_Skaarj on July 22, 2006
Metroidvania
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Sailor Sedai (Ellf) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:23 pm

If we can get about two more authors, I might just start this thing.
Sailor Sedai (Ellf)
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Dorin » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:17 pm

Can't hurt to throw a hat in the arena.

Ranma's Name (If different from Ranma): Koumei

Story Ranma's from: untitled (it was an Ikkitousen-custom cross I never wrote)

Appearance changes (From canon Ranma): Ranma's girlform is decidedly a 'girl;' specifically a ten year old; but with the same blue eyes, and pale-green hair. Ranma's male form remains the same.

Basic Ability List: As a male, Ranma retains his martial abilities, but lacks the advanced ki-techniques and super-flashy special affects. His basic and advanced fighting skills are more emphasised, but a ki-blast or something could knock him for a loop. As Koumei, Ranma's personality is a little more refined and stoic, his girlform isn't nearly as hyperactive and cutsey as Ranma-chan tends to be in canon. Koumei's intelligence and perception is far more accute and pronounced than Ranma himself, she can process information so quickly, she almost seems to have the power to see the future (in short glimpses) seeing through tricks and ploys with some ease. However, Koumei lacks the muscle cordination and abilities of a high-class martial artist, she is little more than a kid trying kungfu. She makes up for this weakness by having an indepth hand at sorcery, with a particular flare for fire-generated effects. If her concentration if sufficiently broken, however, these things can putter out. The curse is the same, but Koumei far more prefers to remain in control.
Dorin
Senshi Cadet

Postby Sailor Sedai (Ellf) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:09 am

One more would be nice, but we can always find a way to bring them in later. I'll start it up in another thread; my Ranma's not going to be the first one awake.
Sailor Sedai (Ellf)
Prism Power Senshi

Postby lcpoketoon » Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:18 am

I'll throw my own Ranma into the Ring.

Story: Ranma 1/2: Spring of Stone

Ranma Saotome AKA. Ranko, Lady Genko and Princess Rinse
Race: Human(day) Gargoyle(night)
Sex:F

Ranma human form looks the same as her girl side save she wears her hair in a ponytail and dresses in skirts and backless tops. Her Gargoyle form is taller an looks like a younger Demona save her hair is more red and her skin a darker blue.

Ranma fell into spring of drowned female gargoyle who turns human in the day. The curse is locked so Ranma had to adjust to being female. Soon after she meet Colonge an learned there had once been a tribe of gargoyle who protected the village at night before they were killed by the Phionex Tribe. When they discover some springs of drowned Gargoyle a few of the tribe are willing to become cursed to make up for their faluire to protect the clan. Ranma spends half a year int he village an becomes shampoo's adopted blood sister making her a amazon princess. While there she gains further training in useing her ki an studying the scrolls of the Gargoyle style of martial arts left behind.

Ranma after a while is dragged along by Genma to the Tendos an she discovers about the Gargoyles in New York. She also makes friends with Kuno when she convinces him the Hentai Horde is a bad idea.

Abilities: fighting skills are high witht he added amazon wu-shu plus the gargoyle-ryu she learned. she knows a lot of amazon speical techniuques plus she learned to focus her ki around her fingers to copy the effect her gargoyle claws have. She has a Ki blast attack based on the Gargoyle need to protect called guardian's Striker, that sends out a blast of silver ki.
::LCpoketoon ducking under a car as things are being blown to hell around him::
LC> An you see Kids this is why you don't give rocket lauchers to catgirls.
[img=http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/489/1177093364737anonibjw5.th.jpg]
lcpoketoon
Senshi Cadet

Re: Ranma RP, yearly revival.

Postby Shadell » Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:15 pm

Assuming it's not too late to join:

Ranma's Name: Ranma (Will probably adopt the name Oldy or Oldtimer if given the choice.)

Story Ranma's from: (I think I posted a snippet under the title Bloodlust; but, it doesn't suit the story all that well. Rather, most of the first chapter is still stewing around in my head; primarily because I'm not quite sure how much to say yet.)

Appearance changes: Aside from a different fashion sense: Grey overcoat, slacks, collared shirt, and an ever-present large backpack full of material that should never be taken through airport security (No, not bottled water), this Ranma looks exactly like Ranma did upon his first appearance in the manga

Basic Ability List: This version of Ranma has no techniques. That is to say, that this Ranma has grown to a stage where formalized techniques, (even ones so simple as: punch, kick, block) only serve to limit the possible number of options he/she could use in combat. Rather, Ranma's martial abilities are fluid with the situation. Years of experience and practice have raised Ranma to the point of being able to read fights almost perfectly. In effect, this Ranma has taken combat past martial arts. His/her technique can only be described as pure violence. In essence, he's taken the adaptability that was always his strongest trait and raised it to the highest possible limit.

On the other hand, this Ranma's physical abilities are only as strong as Canon Ranma's a few months before the beginning of Volume 1. He/she will probably be at a large disadvantage against almost any serious enemy. To accommodate for this, and because it suits Ranma's lack of style, Ranma caries a large variety of

Minor Summary of Ranma's changes from canon: This Ranma has a lot more experience then the original (several hundred years in all likelihood, even though this Ranma isn't entirely sure how long it.) and as such has a tendency to be a bit more philosophic. My Ranma tends to be quite observant, more attuned to the environment then the canon version.

The largest difference between this Ranma and the canon one is simple: brutality. This Ranma has fought thousands of life or death fights, and has come to thrive off of the experience of cutting loose, of annihilating the enemy. He/she is quite reluctant to accept this part of his/her personality and as such attempts to submerge it by finishing all fights quickly without hurting the enemy too badly. When fights drag on for too long, or seem to be getting too extreme, Ranma, much like any other addict, almost inevitably reaches a state where he doesn't care that what he's doing seems wrong and begins to really cut loose.

So... Does this work?
Prince(ss) of Europa.
Appointed Spammaster Rank D by Himitsu on Friday May 23, 2008 7:33 pm
http://www.monstersgame.us/?ac=vid&vid=175018118
Shadell
Crystal Power Senshi

Next

Return to RPG's & Multiple Author Works