Who needs the light when the shadows are so much more...Playful

Senshi of Dione (Saturn IV)

=^*^=
Come see some of the crew here
talonhunter
Prism Power Senshi

Re: Usotsuki Lily

Postby Lioconvoy » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:53 am

En? No Konatsu's a guy. Out of the Ranma cast I think he'd choose Akane. Simply because she might be as "energetic" as Hinata when it comes to his crossdressing.

He could be friends with Konatsu and Tsubasa.
Sometimes it just doesn't pay....

Expect me when you see me -Doctor Who (The first Doctor)
Lioconvoy
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:00 am

Lioconvoy wrote:Normal may not be the right word here how about unatractive by the comman man's standard. Those are the kind of girls he's shown the most interest in. Ranma doesn't fit that, like En cross-dressed guys go gaga over the female Ranma.

It's not about attractiveness by the common man's standard, either (whatever that is, if it even exists). The only guy (that I can remember, and isn't related to Hinata) that has said anything about her not being attractive, simply had different tastes. Naota's tastes run more along the sexy scale of things. But, when you get right down to it, both or neither cute and sexy can be considered normal, depending on how you look at it. In Naota's case, he thinks Hinata is normal because she's not sexy (remember, he's interested in big boobs). In En's, he doesn't think she's normal because he finds her cute, which is why he disagreed with Naota's assessment of her appearance being normal (both times).

There is a difference between him being friends with other males, and having a relationship with one. While I can see him being friends with Ranma, I can't see him going farther.

You just don't use your imagination enough. ;p I mean, so long as it isn't him, another man becoming a girl would be a great thing. One less man at least part of the time, after all. Heck, if he's attracted to that girl, he might see a relationship with her being a means of also replacing one of the world's guys with a girl. Which would be a win-win situation.

Considering how there are exceptions and limits to his hatred of men, and no exception yet shown for his love of girls (with his only limit being his devotion to the girl he's in a relationship with), one can conclude that, should En be attracted to Ranma's girl form, that form will take precedence over his male form, which would then affect how he'd treat Ranma as a whole.
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby Lioconvoy » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:18 am

I once again repeat that this topic is in Series discussion. Therefore my imagination should not come into play. I'm trying to see things from the Author's point of veiw. And while En has encuraged all sorts of girls the one he chose was one that didn't stand out(Hinata's own words).

Lioconvoy
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:10 am

Imagination is perfectly fine. After all, it's perfectly normal to discuss what-ifs (which usually has little or nothing to do with the author). You're just making a cop out because of a failing argument. ;/

I don't recall Hinata (and especially En) saying that she was chosen because she didn't stand out. (And even if she did, it would only be her own opinion, not En's perspective. Which is the crux of the matter.) And that's a funny thing to bring up now, when one of your most recent arguments was about En possibly finding more interest in girls that no one is interested in (which isn't true, but still), because they stand out by not standing out. Especially someone like Gotou. Quite literally, too.

You have to remember that girls who have imperfections appeal to him because girls are so great that such imperfections remind him that they're human just like him, which means it's possible to have a relationship with them. Also, when he was trying to create his ideal girl in the mirror, he could never be cute enough, and the stylish aspect didn't suit his body. He found that with Hinata, who I also think (as En has said a million times for a million different reasons) is cute. Why else would she be attractive to girls when she crossdresses? She doesn't look like a musclebound hero, after all. No, she looks like a bishounen (note the emphasis on "bi," for "beauty").

You also have to consider the possibility that Hinata may not have had anyone interested in her because she had been picky; she could have had her heart set out for a hot guy and made herself unavailable to anyone else. And while she may not be normal or unattractive, she could be far enough down the ladder of interest for no one to get around to her, or "settle" for her. Or maybe a good portion of the male students prefer sexy over cute. It's hard to tell, considering how they perceive En when he crossdresses. In that regard, maybe too many guys are blinded by exceptional beauty, as opposed to Hinata's simple beauty (if one could call it that).

In the end, there's no real evidence that Hinata is normal, average or unattractive. She looks cute enough to me, and En certainly thinks she is, too. Her behavior, when compared to other girls portrayed in the series, is the least common shown, thus she can't be normal or average in that way, either. And En has nothing to do with it, since the only thing that's really changed about her is a developing tolerance for his crossdressing.
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby Lioconvoy » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:50 pm

What if should only be in the context of the single series this topic is about. Ranma isn't a character in Usotuki Lily.

Hinata's behaviour has been greatly influence by En. She was never interested in Crossdressing before meeting him, even now she doesn't enjoy it but she can get into the roll thanks to the culture festival.

If your going to keep repeating En's pefrect girl remember he wants a girl who's fashionable, that aint Ranma.

Lioconvoy
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:55 pm

Lioconvoy wrote:What if should only be in the context of the single series this topic is about. Ranma isn't a character in Usotuki Lily.

It's still about the series. The question is: would En be attracted to Ranma, not whether Ranma would be attracted to En. We're evaluating/discussing/arguing a character's traits from the series. Pay attention. The what-if takes the form of whether he would find someone else attractive, assuming he hasn't yet settled down with Hinata. And there's no written or unwritten rule that says a what-if can't extend beyond the scope of the series itself, since what-ifs are meant to explore things that didn't happen or would never normally happen. Like: what if En was kidnapped by aliens? The only real difference between the aliens and Ranma is that the latter is from another series; to exclude him for that reason makes it a double standard.

Hinata's behaviour has been greatly influence by En. She was never interested in Crossdressing before meeting him, even now she doesn't enjoy it but she can get into the roll thanks to the culture festival.

Um... I kind of just said that? Must I tell you to pay attention twice? In the first place, how does that greatly affect her behavior if the only thing that's changed is how she views and tolerates crossdressing? It's because of En that was see exactly what kind of person she is, not how she has changed beyond the aforementioned crossdressing.

If your going to keep repeating En's pefrect girl remember he wants a girl who's fashionable, that aint Ranma.

You're assuming that failing in that category would automatically mean that he would be unable to like that person even if everything else was to his liking. I highly doubt that En is so extreme in his discrimination, partly because he has such high esteem for all girls to begin with. For one, a stylish/fashionable person keeps up with current fashion trends and such, and having to wear a school uniform like everyone else (because he would only see her at school) would make determining her fashion sense impossible unless he followed her home and waited for her to come out dressed in something other than her uniform (and there's no evidence that he did nothing more than see her at school). The only thing that could be stylish about her would be her hair, but would that alone be enough? (Or if they're allowed to make small changes or additions to their uniform, but that doesn't seem to be the case.) And if so, who's to say that wearing your hair in a pigtail isn't fashionable at the time? What's stylish/fashionable changes all of the time, and can differ from one area and another. Then there are established styles, too. Ranma could thus possibly be both cute and have a stylish hairstyle. And in all likelihood En might find the Mandarin style clothing attractive, since I seriously doubt that he'd only accept a single style out of the multitudes that exist out there.
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Previous

Return to Anime / Manga