Series I can use as source material

Talk about other General Anime and Manga Series here

Re: Series I can use as source material

Postby frice2000 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:49 pm

Touhou is easy to find. I'll send you a PM.
frice2000
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:17 am

(Thanks for that PM.)

Well, I was lucky and got the R.O.D. TV box set for thirty bucks, when it was selling for over a hundred dollars in most of the other places where I looked... Which weren't many, because it doesn't seem to be a retail product anymore. Even more fortunate, it is still brand new, not used.

There's a new anime that has begun to air, called Dog Days, and so far it looks like crossover material. ;p
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:35 pm

Crescent Pulsar R wrote:(Thanks for that PM.)

Well, I was lucky and got the R.O.D. TV box set for thirty bucks, when it was selling for over a hundred dollars in most of the other places where I looked... Which weren't many, because it doesn't seem to be a retail product anymore. Even more fortunate, it is still brand new, not used.

There's a new anime that has begun to air, called Dog Days, and so far it looks like crossover material. ;p

Caught that the other day... dreadful unless you like slapstick.

One thing I pointed out on TFF... there is no guarantee whatsoever that whatever protections are in place to prevent someone being killed in war in that world would work when either the one about to die is not from that world, or the death is to be caused by one not from that world.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:46 pm

Well, I guess we'll find out, though I think it's safe to assume, by watching the opening, that at least being attacked by someone from another world will be alright. But, if he's protected too, and he does end up losing, I wonder what he'd look like... a chubby monkey/ape? XD
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:16 am

Say, would Hayate X Blade be a good series to crossover Ranma 1/2 with? I'm tempted to download a few chapters to get a better grasp of the premise, but I'd rather get an opinion before I decide to bother doing that or not.
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby Kilich » Tue May 03, 2011 3:52 pm

Hm. I strayed far away from ranmafics in these years, but, for now, I'll recommend Fate\Stay Night and Fate\Zero. The latter's protagonist is a pragmatic mage hunter that uses weapons instead of magic most of the time.
Kilich
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Fri May 06, 2011 8:52 pm

I've known about those, but it never caught my interest. In part because I'm not sure if reading the manga or watching the anime would be enough, or if I'd have to play the games.

I decided to read Hayate X Blade and I really enjoyed it. I'll likely do something with it at some point, assuming it's ever fully translated in English. Already I'm thinking of ideas to cross it over with Hayate no Gotoku and Tenchi Muyo in addition to Ranma 1/2. XD;;
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby Pale Wolf » Sat May 14, 2011 5:17 pm

Well, once Fate/Zero's anime comes out, it will probably be sufficient. (The source is a series of novels, too, so if you prefer...)

But yeah, as far as Fate/Stay Night goes, I'd strongly recommend the game. The anime isn't bad, but it's sort of blah compared to the source material. And the movie (which covers the Unlimited Blade Works route) is apparently more of a highlights reel. (Haven't seen it yet myself)

The game is quite easy to acquire, though. Even in translated form. I'd say it's very worth yoinking just to enjoy it, if nothing else.
There is no problem that cannot be solved through the proper application of immense levels of firepower.

- Finally promoted to Spammaster Indeterminate Rank as of June 18, by Stratagemini

<Stratagemini> My Titanium Anus Armour will repel all challengers!

Would you believe this is one of the more tame bits of dirt I've got for him?
Pale Wolf
Fukufics Staffer

Previous

Return to Anime / Manga