the best/worst at being bad

Talk about other General Anime and Manga Series here

Re: the best/worst at being bad

Postby ckosacranoid » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:44 pm

I don't think it's fair to indict Anthy and Akio - they were as much prisoners of Ohtori as anything. Only Saonji counted as a villain; the rest were assholes at worst, and Nanami was pitiable. Mind you, this statement is unreliable, as I've seen two anime continuities, two manga continuities, and never got to read the magazine continuity to see where it fit in.[/quote]

two animes? i know the series which is not bad at least, and then the movie which.....i think i stated my case on what i think of it. was thier anything else anime wise of it?

of course the movie ending does lead to something to ask....what happens to them after the credits roll......i always thought of writing a short fic that comebines the end of the movie with the end of eve where shingi and askue are leying on the beach when the girls run out of gas for the things they where riding on....so what happens when you have 4 people at the end of the world and they all are screwed up?
http://otakuracing.blogspot.com/
my blog for busniess and other things i do.
ckosacranoid
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:51 pm

ckosacranoid wrote:of course the movie ending does lead to something to ask....what happens to them after the credits roll......i always thought of writing a short fic that comebines the end of the movie with the end of eve where shingi and askue are leying on the beach when the girls run out of gas for the things they where riding on....so what happens when you have 4 people at the end of the world and they all are screwed up?

This is known as the "On The Beach" syndrome, after the novel and movie of the same name. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nevil_Shute

By 'two anime' I mean the TV show and the movie, which bore some relationship to one another. Which is to say, you can understand the movie fractionally better if you see the TV series first. If you're interested in scenarios of this sort, go to http://www.worldshaking.net/utena.htm.
Last edited by Ellen Kuhfeld on Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Shanami » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:36 pm

Well, if we're allowing video games, I have to quote a list of the best 10 video game villains of all time that I think was on IGN like 6 years ago..., especially the top 2 really fit the bill:

1) The Nazis: They show up in a lot of games, are well and truly evil... and more importantly, they actually existed. Hard to not qualify as a good villain.

However, as that actually has some basis in real life, I have to be epically stereotypical and go with the number 2 from that list:
2) Sephiroth: You absolutely hate him by the end (well, by the midpoint) really of the game but you can completely follow his motivation. He'd actually be likable if he hadn't gone off the deep end and gone genocidal fruitcake.

3) For reasons stated by people above: Gendo Ikari... he's a piece of work, enough said.

4) The Puuchus (Excel Saga): Cute, evil, scheming aliens. Awww.

Worst villains:
1) Mara (A!MG): Her schemes wind up backfiring more than Urd's even, and that's saying something.
2) Ultimecia (FF8): She's almost as bad of a big-bad than Incognito.
3) The entire cast of FFX: All the villains were quite stereotypical evil.

For the Ranma series:
I'm not really sure where to place someone like Genma Saotome... he's clearly not a good guy because no one good would feed their son to starving cats... but in the manga he really just kinda comes off like an unthinking idiot rather than deliberately good or evil and he does have a few good qualities.

Happi is quite evil depending on where you'd rate sexual harrassment, but I honestly see the Amazon contingent as being more evil... they *do* have a law that justifies killing someone for defeating them in combat which qualifies the entire tribe as being homicidal fruitcakes.

And for favorite kinda good, kinda evil generally chaotic person: Xellos is fun.
Senshi of Titania (Uranus III)
Shanami
Prism Power Senshi

Previous

Return to Anime / Manga