Does Takahashi have something against toilets?

Talk about other General Anime and Manga Series here

Does Takahashi have something against toilets?

Postby Crescent Pulsar » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:34 pm

I was wondering since I don't recall seeing one in Ranma 1/2, nor do I remember seeing one in Urusei Yatsura. I haven't read all of Inu-Yasha or Maison Ikkoku to have any idea of whether or not she illustrates any in them. Does anyone remember a toilet in any of these series, or any other of Takahashi's works? XD

EDIT: Whoops... Wrong "Other" forum. ^^; Sorry, admin/mod peoples. Please move it to Other Talk when you get around to seeing this. :oops:
Last edited by Crescent Pulsar on Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crescent Pulsar
Crisis Power Senshi

Re: Does Takahashi have something against toilets?

Postby Battlekrome » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:06 pm

hrmm toliets in anime...

considering how hard it is to see toliets in mainstream hollywood flics

might be just due to didn't want to draw it period... or ingrained do not draw list...

as for takahashi's works... inu yasha happens (mostly) in feudal / mystic japan and well they didn't have toliets back then either...

come to think of it i don't think i've seen toliets really much anywhere in anime
Through the sands of time I walk. Beyond time and space i call to those who awaken to the darkness and realize they are the light.
Battlekrome
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby three headed dog » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:01 pm

Unless you count the duck shaped potty trainers Mousse used I doubt you'll find one. After all toilets in Japanese houses have their own rooms and the only reason you'd see one is if someone was using it and outside of Hentai manga/anime your really unlikely to see one. Toilets in a traditional Japanese house like the Tendo's are never in the same room in which a person bathes or brushes their teeth in Japan. It is forbidden for it to be in the same room according to Shinto because it can lead to a mixing of clean and unclean.
three headed dog
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:15 pm

That makes me wonder... If they brush their teeth in the room connected to the ofuro, where is the toilet?
Crescent Pulsar
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby three headed dog » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:29 pm

According to this site,http://www.dougmacd.net/ranma/house.html, which has production sketches it's in it's own room on the other side of the outer bath. It is very common for it to be on a different room for example look at the Yotsuba& manga when Yotsuba and then Fuuka got stuck in and had to go out the window it's just a room with a toilet nothing else.
three headed dog
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby WG_Writer » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:38 pm

The only time I can remember seeing a toilet in any Anime or Manga is in the ending theme to Tenchi Muyo GXP
Storm trooper effect works against good guys as well.
No matter how strong you are, there is always a teenager able to beat you without breaking a sweat.
A blind Paladin can only hear half truths
A deaf Paladin can only see half truths
Either way the Paladin is a berserker
WG_Writer
Moon Senshi

Postby SpaceKnight of Chaos » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:52 pm

You do get to see a private toilet in the residential section of the Nekohanten in the anime, just to point out. It's in the first episode of the Bakusai Tenketsu arc; Ryoga finds it at the end of a sequence where he's trying to figure out how to leave Shampoo's restaurant.
Water, water, everywhere, and all was cursed and black!
Drowned ones cast bad spell and out come pig, girl, duck, panda!
Swirl, swirl, slithery pond, and join with magic spring!
Swirl, swirl, dirty pond, and rid the cursed sting!
Here my prayer, I beg you please!
Now turn these curses BACK!

http://www.issendai.com/rpgs/japanese-boys-names.shtml
http://www.issendai.com/rpgs/japanese-girls-names.shtml
SpaceKnight of Chaos
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:23 pm

I think we also see a bathroom in Pretty Womanhood, but that's not done by Takahashi, either. XD
Crescent Pulsar
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Cheb » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:08 pm

I can't remember the storyline, but there's a scene in the manga where Kunou imagines himself cleaning school toilets together with the pigtailed girl. There are sparkling toilets around, and little angels, and flowers. And she is looking at him... Ahem. That's Kunou for you :roll:
Proud owner of 1.5 kilograms of Germanium transistors
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:12 pm

There is that, isn't there? XD
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Return to Anime / Manga