Which anime charachters could excel Ryoga in using the SSH?

Talk about other General Anime and Manga Series here

Which anime charachters could excel Ryoga in using the SSH?

Postby FriendlyEL » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:16 pm

I remember hearing people say statements to me as to whether or not certain charachters in anime would probably outperform Ryoga in the Lion Roar Shot if they were to practice it. Assuming that the technique can be used in any Anime-verse, who do you think would probably be able to outdo him here?

Some I heard argued:

Usopp (One Piece)

Shinji (Evangelion)

Gutz (Berserk)

Pre Chuunin Exam Gaara (Naruto)

Any other ideas of who could?
FriendlyEL
Asteroid Senshi

Re: Which anime charachters could excel Ryoga in using the SSH?

Postby Knight of L-sama » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:50 am

I am in despair! Itoshki Nozomi not having been mentioned in this topic yet has left me in despair!

Chiri and Usui could probably do a respectable one to if you push their buttons right.
If your spirit has wings to travel, even across the breadth of a thousand, million nights, imagination will guide the way and the gates of El-Hazard will always be open to you.
Knight of L-sama
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby bissek » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:01 am

Chrono, at certain points in the anime.

He buried himself alive for fifty years in an attempt to starve himself to death after Mary died. It takes effort to be that emo.
Genius is 1.7% inspiration, 98.6% perspiration, and .4% poor math skills.
bissek
Moon Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:52 am

Suddenly I think of Mesousa, from Pani Poni Dash. XD
Crescent Pulsar
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Comartemis » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:14 am

Chise from Saikano. By the end of the story it might rival her more conventional weapons in sheer destructive power.
Currently Watching: Gaiking: Legend of Daiku Maryu
Currently Playing: Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep
Currently Reading: Sora no Otoshimono

KILL the darkfic. BURN the angst. PURGE the Bad End.
Comartemis
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby Zwzn » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:43 pm

Hinata, Pre-chunin exam Neji, Naruto, Sasuke, Nagato, Konan, Kakashi, Sakura, and a lot of other people from the sreies Naruto.
Zwzn
Moon Senshi

Postby Nekomata-sensei » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:39 pm

Haruhi (the Melencholy of... :wink: :lol: )

Seriously, she doesn't look or act it particularly, but she is depressed enough to destroy the world on a subconscious whim!

Tsukasa (.Hack//SIGN)

If you haven't seen .Hack//SIGN, I recommend it, regardless of Tsukasa often being nearly as annoying as Shinji, the soundtracks are epic and the mysteries and other characters are quite engaging.

Fate Testarossa (MLGNanoha) near the end of the first season, just after her mother rejects her and reveals she is a copy.

Poor Fate. :cry:

Asuka Langley Soryuu (Neon Genesis Evangelion) near the end when she is in a coma from depression and getting hit by the crazy angel ray thingy and stuff

Seriously, you listed Shinji but not Asuka? Late series Asuka has Shinji's combined depression through the whole series beat!

Tomoe Hotaru (Sailor Moon) before being befriended

Seriously, her dad has gone nuts and mostly ignores her when she isn't possessed, her mother is dead from a tragic accident, the possessing spirit is messing her up, she's got healing powers her peers think she is some sort of monster for, no friends, has health problems that prevent her from doing anything even mildly strenuous, and basically is hugely lonely and likely has really low self esteem. (although she might lack the chi in order to do the attack, I think there might be potential for her to draw on her planetary energy to power it, depending on how you interpret the nature of the senshi and their powers)
"Health, Learning & Virtue will ensure your happiness; they will give you a quiet conscience, private esteem & public honor." Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)
Nekomata-sensei
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby FriendlyEL » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:58 pm

Seriously, you listed Shinji but not Asuka? Late series Asuka has Shinji's combined depression through the whole series beat!

To be fair I think that pretty much any of the cast towards the end have that kind of level of it. But you probably are right. Asuka towards the end of

Speaking of which, if Ussop could outdo Ryoga in depression (throughout the seires though), I actually sort of see Chopper before joining the strawhats and Robin both before joining them and during the Water 7/Enies Lobby arc, although pre-Arlong arc Nami would probably get honourable mention.

Hinata, Pre-chunin exam Neji, Naruto, Sasuke, Nagato, Konan, Kakashi, Sakura, and a lot of other people from the sreies Naruto.

Kind of funny how alot of these "kids shows" seem to have some dark sides to them.

I don't seem to remember any of the other series people are mentioning though. :(
FriendlyEL
Asteroid Senshi

Return to Anime / Manga