Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Talk about other General Anime and Manga Series here

Postby MC80a Liberty » Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:40 pm

Bliss wrote:OMG! Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu is over....

Has a fansub been done for episode 14, or do you just mean its been shown in Japan?
MC80a Liberty
Senshi Candidate
Posts: 35
 

Postby Bliss » Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:08 pm

MC80a Liberty wrote:Has a fansub been done for episode 14, or do you just mean its been shown in Japan?

Nah, it's just the raws. Gotta wait a bit for a.f.k to release the sub.... but I watched the raw anyways so .......
Bliss
User avatar
Super Power Senshi
Posts: 30901
 

Postby Bliss » Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:01 pm

Hmmm I watched the a.f.k subs of episode 14 and it was sooooo good. If it wasn't so embarassing, I'd probably be weeping tears of happiness.... and that scene with Haruhi and Kyon on the field, while everything is being destroyed all around them was so touching....
The only beef I have with this show, besides it being surprisingly short is that it never says what happened three years ago.... Also, in the Boredom of Suzumiya Haruhi, Koizumi says that Kyon could do what he did in the closed space to calm Haruhi down but Haruhi has no idea that Asahina-san, Nagato and Koizumi aren't ordinary, but then in the end of 14, he says that he wishes to tell her about Aliens, Espers and Time Travellers.... so does he tell her?
Bliss
User avatar
Super Power Senshi
Posts: 30901
 

Postby Knight of L-sama » Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:10 pm

Bliss wrote:The only beef I have with this show, besides it being surprisingly short is that it never says what happened three years ago....

That's covered in a later novel (I think the anime only covered the first three novels) and would presumably be covered by a sequel. It would also explain the comment Haruhi makes to Kyon about him looking familiar in Episode 1/2
As for your comment about watching order. In the next episode previews when the say 'The Melancholy of Susumiya Haruhi Episode...' Kyon gives the broadcast number but the number Haruhi gives is the chronological number.
The wikipedia article for the anime also has a broadcast/chronological order comparison table.
If your spirit has wings to travel, even across the breadth of a thousand, million nights, imagination will guide the way and the gates of El-Hazard will always be open to you.
Knight of L-sama
User avatar
Chibi Sailor Senshi
Posts: 377
 

Postby Bliss » Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:01 am

Knight of L-sama wrote:That's covered in a later novel (I think the anime only covered the first three novels) and would presumably be covered by a sequel. It would also explain the comment Haruhi makes to Kyon about him looking familiar in Episode 1/2

Is there even any sort of hint that there is going to be a sequel, or do I have to grab the novels to find out what happens.
This is just completely random, but you know in the opening sequence she's looking up and then it ques to a bright light and a hand reaches out to grab hers..... who's hand is that? Heh, sorry it's just been bugging me.....
Bliss
User avatar
Super Power Senshi
Posts: 30901
 

Postby Knight of L-sama » Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:44 am

Bliss wrote:Is there even any sort of hint that there is going to be a sequel, or do I have to grab the novels to find out what happens.
This is just completely random, but you know in the opening sequence she's looking up and then it ques to a bright light and a hand reaches out to grab hers..... who's hand is that? Heh, sorry it's just been bugging me.....

Well the anime seems to have been insanely popular everywhere so a sequel would not be out of the realms of possibility. (Just a few weeks after the anime started screening the first seven novels shot to the top of Amazon Japan's bestseller list if you need an indication.
As for the hand. I'd say that it's "Mr. Smith." Saying anymore is so spoilerific it's not funny.
If your spirit has wings to travel, even across the breadth of a thousand, million nights, imagination will guide the way and the gates of El-Hazard will always be open to you.
Knight of L-sama
User avatar
Chibi Sailor Senshi
Posts: 377
 

Postby Bliss » Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:52 am

Knight of L-sama wrote:Well the anime seems to have been insanely popular everywhere so a sequel would not be out of the realms of possibility. (Just a few weeks after the anime started screening the first seven novels shot to the top of Amazon Japan's bestseller list if you need an indication.
As for the hand. I'd say that it's "Mr. Smith." Saying anymore is so spoilerific it's not funny.

I hope they pop out a sequel... I'm so tempted to get the novels in the original language. I have no clue if they're ever going to release it Stateside, but an English language hardcopy would be nice. Reading them on the net is.... I don't know.... a bit weird.
Ugh.. you successfully gotten me curious... now I really wanna know who's hand that is..... I guess I'm gonna have to hunt down those novels to find out....
Bliss
User avatar
Super Power Senshi
Posts: 30901
 

Postby lwf58 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:18 am

While I haven't yet found any scanlations of Haruhi Suzumiya, I did locate a translation project for the novels. There are only a few pictures, but it's English.
lwf58
User avatar
Site Master
Posts: 2201
 

Postby Bliss » Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:09 am

lwf58 wrote:While I haven't yet found any scanlations of Haruhi Suzumiya, I did locate a translation project for the novels. There are only a few pictures, but it's English.

Thanks for the link toss Larry. As for scanlations, I know K-E are doing it but they've only got the first 4 chapters... I haven't found a place to get them..... you can try either searching on Tokyotosho or at StopTazmo's Latest Downloads section.... *shrugs*
Bliss
User avatar
Super Power Senshi
Posts: 30901
 

Postby Rei-chan » Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:23 am

I bet my theory is correct about that hand then. Heh, oh well I guess I will just have to read and see, don't want to say it if I am wrong.
Princess of Charon
Appointed Spammer Rank C By Himitsu September 25, 2006.
I ain't got to explain it. I'm living magic, remember?
Rei-chan
User avatar
Super Power Senshi
Posts: 22009
 

Postby Pale Wolf » Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:37 pm

Does anyone know if there are clips of just the songs from the Live a Live episode?

The songs seem to be here, although I think you need to register to download.
http://www.animeotaku.info/index.php?na ... ad&cat=mp3
There is no problem that cannot be solved through the proper application of immense levels of firepower.

- Finally promoted to Spammaster Indeterminate Rank as of June 18, by Stratagemini

<Stratagemini> My Titanium Anus Armour will repel all challengers!

Would you believe this is one of the more tame bits of dirt I've got for him?
Pale Wolf
User avatar
Fukufics Staffer
Posts: 1315
 

Postby Bliss » Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:39 pm

Pale Wolf wrote:The songs seem to be here, although I think you need to register to download.
http://www.animeotaku.info/index.php?na ... ad&cat=mp3

Thanks for the link toss Pale.
Bliss
User avatar
Super Power Senshi
Posts: 30901
 

Postby Pale Wolf » Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:07 pm

No problem. I was looking for something else, spotted it, and remembered your request. Still didn't find the something else, though :cry:
There is no problem that cannot be solved through the proper application of immense levels of firepower.

- Finally promoted to Spammaster Indeterminate Rank as of June 18, by Stratagemini

<Stratagemini> My Titanium Anus Armour will repel all challengers!

Would you believe this is one of the more tame bits of dirt I've got for him?
Pale Wolf
User avatar
Fukufics Staffer
Posts: 1315
 

Postby Bliss » Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:51 pm

Pale Wolf wrote:No problem. I was looking for something else, spotted it, and remembered your request. Still didn't find the something else, though :cry:

What was it? Since you've helped me out here I'll see if I can provide some assistance for you.
Bliss
User avatar
Super Power Senshi
Posts: 30901
 

Postby Pale Wolf » Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:20 pm

PMed it to ya, so as not to take the thread off-topic :)
There is no problem that cannot be solved through the proper application of immense levels of firepower.

- Finally promoted to Spammaster Indeterminate Rank as of June 18, by Stratagemini

<Stratagemini> My Titanium Anus Armour will repel all challengers!

Would you believe this is one of the more tame bits of dirt I've got for him?
Pale Wolf
User avatar
Fukufics Staffer
Posts: 1315
 

PreviousNext

Return to Anime / Manga

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users