General Bleach Questions

Talk about other General Anime and Manga Series here

General Bleach Questions

Postby FriendlyEL » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:28 pm

As I've lately been getting more into the anime Bleach, I decided to start a simple thread discussing some basic thoughts I've came across from watching it.

First, I'm just wondering since I'm new to Bleach, other than Aizen and Yamamoto, what would people personally feel are the 3 most powerful and the three weakest captains (overall, not just combat, otherwise everyone would unfairly comment the captain of the 4th squad)?

Also, as I have just finished watching the Rescue Rukia arc, I've been wondering particularly about both Tosen's and Aizen's motives. Is there a certain reason described later that Aizen wants the power of the Minos. Also, why is it that Tosen feels working with Aizen and Gin is "the path with the least blood"? I don't understand where he gets that idea.

Another question, since Urahara is apparantly capable of doing what Ichigo and his friends did very easily, is there a certain reason that he has not done so?

That I think is it for now. I will probably have more as I continue.
FriendlyEL
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Heaven's Deamon » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:50 pm

Even if someone did comment on Unohana like that, I susspect they would be wrong. She's noted as being one of the first Captains, and she also managed to at least partially penetrate Aizen's illusion. just because she doesn't fight when it is uneccesary doesn't mean she wouldn't be dangerous on the battlefield. Other than her, Joushiro and the lady chaser captain are noted as being students of Yamamoto and have also been captains for a long time, meaning they are likely to have a great deal of experiance.

For Aizen, it is more implied that he wants to become "God" and break the limits he has currently reached.

For Tousen, The reason I could think of is decisivness. Where the way SS currently works would appear to him to be an eternal war of unending bloodshed, He may have been convinced that Aizen's goal would allow him to end all wars once it is reached. that is, "a short time of high bloodshed, that will be folloewed by the end of bloodshed".
Apointed Spammer rank D by Fool (AKA Black Dragon) Monday April 9th, 2007

Upgraded to Spammer Rank C by BD (AKA Fool, Black Dragon) Monday April 30th, 2007

Promoted to Spammer Rank B by BD (AKA Fool, Black Dragon) Tuesday May 15th 2007
Heaven's Deamon
Moon Senshi

Re: General Bleach Questions

Postby Knight of L-sama » Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:21 am

FriendlyEL wrote:First, I'm just wondering since I'm new to Bleach, other than Aizen and Yamamoto, what would people personally feel are the 3 most powerful and the three weakest captains (overall, not just combat, otherwise everyone would unfairly comment the captain of the 4th squad)?

Bwahahahaha! You have no idea. There was a data book released in Japan a while ago and among the offensive power ratings five captains get top out the chart. Yamamoto, Kenpachi and Aizen are absolutely no surprise and neither is Komamura. What raised eyebrows is that the fifth one is Unohana. Here's a link with the full chart

FriendlyEL wrote:Also, as I have just finished watching the Rescue Rukia arc, I've been wondering particularly about both Tosen's and Aizen's motives. Is there a certain reason described later that Aizen wants the power of the Minos. Also, why is it that Tosen feels working with Aizen and Gin is "the path with the least blood"? I don't understand where he gets that idea.

Aizen's motivation to date appears to be a standard evil overlord 'I want to rule the world' How he conviced Tousen to follow him is unknown, but recent manga chapters have revealed that his loyalty to Aizen dates quite a way back.

FriendlyEL wrote:Another question, since Urahara is apparantly capable of doing what Ichigo and his friends did very easily, is there a certain reason that he has not done so?

Becuase if Urahara cut loose it would take a lot of the dramatic tension out of the story. Not to mention the anticipation will make things that much sweeter when Urahara does cut loose.
If your spirit has wings to travel, even across the breadth of a thousand, million nights, imagination will guide the way and the gates of El-Hazard will always be open to you.
Knight of L-sama
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby FriendlyEL » Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:42 pm

Something interesting I noticed, Squad 11 is commonly considered to be the strongest one, which is ironic considered the fact that Kenpachi is actually supposed to be well below average in strength for a captain. That means he must be wrong about having no one able to fight evenly with him. All he would have to do for a good fight is challenge one of the other captains.

Speaking of which, which of the two would people consider to be the more savage fighter, Kenpachi or Renji?

Also, I know I'm asking for a spoiler when asking this, but after watching the fight with Ichigo and Byakuga and seeing the release of Ichigo's Hallow form, is there a certain amount of power he can release from it, and if so, just how powerful is this Hallow form capable of being, and what are the consequences of releasing too much of it?

Finally, one character that I've started to miss was Momo, Aizen's ex-lieutenant, who I'm aware apparently survives after Aizen tried to murder. Does anyone have some sort of idea of what she ends up doing later? Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if she was traumatized from the event.
FriendlyEL
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Heaven's Deamon » Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:00 pm

Since I forgot the Urahara question earlier, when he touches the portal after sending Ichigo and co. to SS, it sparks and he pulls his hand away, which seems to indicate that he CAN'T go back to SS himself. I also believe that, assuming Urahara knows what is happening "behind the scenes", that he believes himself incapable of beating whatever the "final enemy" may be, and thus is trying to raise Ichigo and the other to be ready for that foe.

Kenpachi may not have bankai, or use Kido (or Flashstep I think) but in pure raw power he has tons. Also his desire for a good fight means that sparing with another captain just wouldn't satisfy him. They would hold back some of their strength and not fight all out. What he looks for is a kind of knockdown, drag out fight where only one person is left standing, and only barely at that.

As for Ichigo's Hollow side, It will make another appearance in the Bount arc, and in the following arc it will "restrain" him as he tries to force it down mid battle before he finds other who help train him to control it.
Apointed Spammer rank D by Fool (AKA Black Dragon) Monday April 9th, 2007

Upgraded to Spammer Rank C by BD (AKA Fool, Black Dragon) Monday April 30th, 2007

Promoted to Spammer Rank B by BD (AKA Fool, Black Dragon) Tuesday May 15th 2007
Heaven's Deamon
Moon Senshi

Postby lwf58 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:27 pm

Kenpachi doesn't know the name of his zanpakuto, so he doesn't have a bankai; knowing the zanpakuto's name is required for that. But he's got what may be the strongest reiatsu (spiritual strength) of any of the captains. It's so strong that the eyepatch he wears isn't to cover a missing eye - both his eyes are perfectly fine. It's actually a special device that limits his reiatsu by at least half. He wears it because without it, fighting is so one-sided in his favor that he's bored. Even with it on, he still has more power than most of the other captains. The ragged, dull looking appearance of his zanpakuto is also deceptive; that's its released form, and it can cut through most things. Kenpachi is unusual in that his zanpakuto never goes back to its unreleased form - he's always giving it so much energy that it has no need to.

That's why he likes Ichigo so much. Until he fought Ichigo for the first time, he'd never met anyone he could really cut loose with, and even take off his eyepatch. That he did both and lost... Well, it was a dream come true for him. Now he lives for the next time he can have a duel with Ichigo, and see if he can win. Of course, Ichigo came very close to dying in that fight, so he's nowhere near as enthusiastic about a rematch!
lwf58
Site Master

Postby Knight of L-sama » Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:20 am

FriendlyEL wrote:Something interesting I noticed, Squad 11 is commonly considered to be the strongest one, which is ironic considered the fact that Kenpachi is actually supposed to be well below average in strength for a captain. That means he must be wrong about having no one able to fight evenly with him. All he would have to do for a good fight is challenge one of the other captains.

Kenpachi got his position by beating his predecessor (who presumably had achieved bankai) in mortal combat without even shikai. The only way he could do this is becuase he is hellasciously powerful. The other captains who equal him in terms of offensive power aren't the sort to engange in his no-holds barred brawling without reason, thus his inability to get a good fight.

FriendlyEL wrote:Also, I know I'm asking for a spoiler when asking this, but after watching the fight with Ichigo and Byakuga and seeing the release of Ichigo's Hallow form, is there a certain amount of power he can release from it, and if so, just how powerful is this Hallow form capable of being, and what are the consequences of releasing too much of it?

Ichigo's Hollow form does increase his power but it does have risks. Just as Zangetsu-ossan represents the spirit of his Zanpaktou the white version of Ichigo (sometimes known as Shirosaki) seen in his inner world during his fight with Kenpachi represents Ichigo's Hollow powers and has the potential to take him over, transforming him into a very powerful and dangerous Hollow unless he undergoes training to subdue it.

FriendlyEL wrote:Finally, one character that I've started to miss was Momo, Aizen's ex-lieutenant, who I'm aware apparently survives after Aizen tried to murder. Does anyone have some sort of idea of what she ends up doing later? Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if she was traumatized from the event.

Even recently in the manga there has been little seen of Hinamori and what we have seen is that she's still not in the best of shape pschologically speaking. She's clinging to the belief that Aizen was being manipulated by Gin and isn't on active duty.
If your spirit has wings to travel, even across the breadth of a thousand, million nights, imagination will guide the way and the gates of El-Hazard will always be open to you.
Knight of L-sama
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby FriendlyEL » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:42 pm

Something I thought of before, which of the two do people say tends to be more obsessed with following the law, Soi Fon or pre Ichigo fight Byakuya?

Also, I've heard many people claim that Renji and Ichigo both have many traits in common. Do you think this is entirely true, because I personally believe that Ichigo would not react quite as violently towards someone he was aware unintenionally harmed a friend of his, at least not with more encouagement.
FriendlyEL
Asteroid Senshi

Return to Anime / Manga