Naruto Manga Progression *Spoilers!*

Talk about other General Anime and Manga Series here

Re: Naruto Manga Progression *Spoilers!*

Postby Zwzn » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:58 pm

CRBWildcat wrote: Because several years, intense training, and round upon round of increasingly powerful opponents haven't changed the fact that Naruto's an idiot where love's concerned.

EDIT: It occured to me after posting this that, in light of what happened earlier with Naruto teaching Konohamaru the Rasengan, that just about anything can happen off-panel. Given time, the subject may be broached; and if not, well, I'll worry about it then.

It seems like something that should be at the front of his mind for one reason or another even if he and Hinata had a talk off screen.

I'd love to have Hinata be on that boat, and maybe have it be her love that tames the beast within Naruto. A little sappy, but would work in this case, and it seems like she is the only person tailed Naruto has not tried to hurt.

CRBWildcat wrote:
I dunno, that kinda sounds like the sort of thing that would ignite flame wars to me. Lets not go any further than that.

Sakura either planned to join Sasuke's twisted team, or had a half baked plan to kill Sasuke on her own.

When Kakashi seems to actually be getting through to Sasuke she attempts to kill him, and makes it look like it was just an attempt to get Sasuke to let his guard down.

She has to be reminded to treat naruto for the poison from the weapon Sasuke got when he easily disarmed her.

Lastly she acts like she didn't screw up big time, and gets angry at Naruto for needing to rest because he still hasn't recovered from the poison.

Team-7 would have been better served if Sakura had been replaced with Hinata.

CRBWildcat wrote: Eh, I don't. "Outta sight, outta mind", as the expression goes; if I had to wager a guess, people have to actually see it for it to have any impact on their brains.

I kinda have to agree with Nekomata-sensei's suggestion as far as this goes; it probably wasn't around long enough for people to see it. And if it were, well, time marches on; maybe time marched on long enough to erode the legend somewhat.

It would be pretty much a walking nuclear bomb that going off again and again until it was stopped.. Everyone should know of it even if they didn't see it
Zwzn
Moon Senshi

Postby Nekomata-sensei » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:55 pm

Zwzn wrote:It would be pretty much a walking nuclear bomb that going off again and again until it was stopped.. Everyone should know of it even if they didn't see it

Not necessarily, for one, it may have been summoned or recently unsealed by an enemy the sage was in the process of battling, and didn't even get a chance to properly attack before he sealed it inside himself, or the sage might have unleashed it inadvertently himself, or otherwise been there when it first appeared. It also may have been highly intelligent and not prone to random destruction, but was making threats of some sort that the sage couldn't abide by. Also, stories of it could have gotten mixed up as stories of the Kyuubi later on if it wasn't as well known, people assuming the Kyuubi was around before it actually was due to confusion about the Juubi.
"Health, Learning & Virtue will ensure your happiness; they will give you a quiet conscience, private esteem & public honor." Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)
Nekomata-sensei
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Zwzn » Fri May 07, 2010 1:06 am

I'm hoping Hinata plays an important role in Naruto dealing with his dark copy.

Zwzn wrote:It would be pretty much a walking nuclear bomb that going off again and again until it was stopped.. Everyone should know of it even if they didn't see it

Nekomata-sensei wrote:Not necessarily, for one, it may have been summoned or recently unsealed by an enemy the sage was in the process of battling, and didn't even get a chance to properly attack before he sealed it inside himself, or the sage might have unleashed it inadvertently himself, or otherwise been there when it first appeared. It also may have been highly intelligent and not prone to random destruction, but was making threats of some sort that the sage couldn't abide by. Also, stories of it could have gotten mixed up as stories of the Kyuubi later on if it wasn't as well known, people assuming the Kyuubi was around before it actually was due to confusion about the Juubi.

I guess people thinking it was the Nine tail would make sense.
Zwzn
Moon Senshi

Postby Zwzn » Mon May 31, 2010 7:53 pm

Does anyone have any idea why Naruto is only now going through training to to help him control the Nine Tails, and why his own village seemingly does not have similar resources to Cloud even before Pain's attack?

Everything seems so much bigger and better in Cloud that it makes me wonder how a seemingly weak village like Sand, or Leaf could stand up to them.

Does this sort of thing bother anyone else? It makes me wonder why they would even care enough about a seemingly weak blood limit like the Byakugan to risk war. Even if they could win the price would be rather high.

On a completely different note, and something that has been bothering me from the first volume/episode...

Is it just me or does every ninja wear open toed foot foot ware, and if so why?
Zwzn
Moon Senshi

Postby camk4evr » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:04 am

Zwzn wrote:Does anyone have any idea why Naruto is only now going through training to to help him control the Nine Tails, and why his own village seemingly does not have similar resources to Cloud even before Pain's attack?

Has Konoha ever had a Jinchuriki other than Naruto? I haven't read much of the fan translated chapters so I wouldn't know if they have or haven't but if Konoha didn't have a demon container before Naruto then they might not know how to train him to control the Kyubi. On top of that, the Leaf village was supposedly the strongest of the villages at the begining of the series having produced numerous powerful ninjas that they might no have ever seen the need to find a way to train Jinchuriki to contol their demons (yeah, I know that's stupid and short sighted but then people tend to be when they consider themselves superior to their neighbours).

Everything seems so much bigger and better in Cloud that it makes me wonder how a seemingly weak village like Sand, or Leaf could stand up to them.

Well Sand is srrounded by a desert which makes it somewhat difficult to invade and Leaf is very large with a number of powerful ninjas (eg the Sanin, White Fang, The fourth Hokage Minato Namikaze aka "the Yellow Flash" etc), had a clan that could control the tailed beasts, have another clan that can shut down their opponents with a touch, another clan that can kill or capture enemies in whole job lots with their shadows, and a clan that can grow into giants.

If you compare the number of genin from each village to make it into the final round of the chunin exam you could make the claim that the villages that create the most powerful, individual, ninjas are Leaf, Sand and Sound.

Is it just me or does every ninja wear open toed foot foot ware, and if so why?

I can't recall a single ninja that didn't wear open toed footware. That's something that's bugged me as well and I've no idea why they do as it seems to be a poor idea to me.
camk4evr
Moon Senshi

Postby Zwzn » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:03 pm

camk4evr wrote: Has Konoha ever had a Jinchuriki other than Naruto? I haven't read much of the fan translated chapters so I wouldn't know if they have or haven't but if Konoha didn't have a demon container before Naruto then they might not know how to train him to control the Kyubi. On top of that, the Leaf village was supposedly the strongest of the villages at the begining of the series having produced numerous powerful ninjas that they might no have ever seen the need to find a way to train Jinchuriki to contol their demons (yeah, I know that's stupid and short sighted but then people tend to be when they consider themselves superior to their neighbours).

Leaf was founded by the a group of people who trained directly under the Sage of the Six paths. They rounded up and gave as gifts Tailed beast to other villages. The Valley of the end was created when the Eight tail and Nine tail where used as controlled weapons by Leaf ninja.

Doesn't Leaf have any spies?

Even if Naruto is the first Jinchuriki they ever had the village should have a good idea of what it is doing, but everyone seems to go out of it's way to not train Naruto as much as possible.

Cloud has a magic ancient temple that likely predates the ninja villages the way Yamato was talking. Cloud's version of the forest of death has actual monster animal that are threats to jonin. Bigger and better in Cloud i tell you.

camk4evr wrote: Well Sand is srrounded by a desert which makes it somewhat difficult to invade and Leaf is very large with a number of powerful ninjas (eg the Sanin, White Fang, The fourth Hokage Minato Namikaze aka "the Yellow Flash" etc), had a clan that could control the tailed beasts, have another clan that can shut down their opponents with a touch, another clan that can kill or capture enemies in whole job lots with their shadows, and a clan that can grow into giants.

And if Leaf's clans where so unbeatable then they would not have nearly lost the last war.

We know the average Sound, Sand and Leaf nin are about equal, and that the average Leaf nin dies fast.

camk4evr wrote:If you compare the number of genin from each village to make it into the final round of the chunin exam you could make the claim that the villages that create the most powerful, individual, ninjas are Leaf, Sand and Sound.

We have never seen a normal chunin exam, and we know Gaara was sent to pick off as many of the best he could find. It also took place in Leaf making it likely they would put as many of their genin as possible.

camk4evr wrote: I can't recall a single ninja that didn't wear open toed footware. That's something that's bugged me as well and I've no idea why they do as it seems to be a poor idea to me.

You would think they would wear something like steal toed boots.
Zwzn
Moon Senshi

Postby camk4evr » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:16 am

Zwzn wrote:Leaf was founded by the a group of people who trained directly under the Sage of the Six paths. They rounded up and gave as gifts Tailed beast to other villages. The Valley of the end was created when the Eight tail and Nine tail where used as controlled weapons by Leaf ninja.

Really? What chapter is that in? Was it shown in flashback or just mentioned? I want to know 'cause the Valley of the End battle sounds like it'd be an interesting read and, like I said I haven't been reading the fantranslations online.

Doesn't Leaf have any spies?

Does anyone (beside Orochimaru that is)? Seriously, you'd think they do but no one ever seems to act on any such information.

Even if Naruto is the first Jinchuriki they ever had the village should have a good idea of what it is doing, but everyone seems to go out of it's way to not train Naruto as much as possible.

Cloud has a magic ancient temple that likely predates the ninja villages the way Yamato was talking. Cloud's version of the forest of death has actual monster animal that are threats to jonin. Bigger and better in Cloud i tell you.

If you say so. Like I said, I haven't read that far yet. Could you give me a chapter number?

And if Leaf's clans where so unbeatable then they would not have nearly lost the last war.

Are you talking about the war that occurs before the manga takes place? The one that Konoha came out of as the strongest of the villages? Or are you talking about the Sand/Sound invasion during the Chunin exams where Konoha came under sneak attack by two villages (one of whom was supposed to be their ally at the time), who had the aid of traitors and yet they were still beaten by the Leaf village?

We know the average Sound, Sand and Leaf nin are about equal, and that the average Leaf nin dies fast.

And Leaf has more average nins and apparently (judging from some of the scenes from that battle) more above average nins than Sand and Sound.

We have never seen a normal chunin exam, and we know Gaara was sent to pick off as many of the best he could find. It also took place in Leaf making it likely they would put as many of their genin as possible.

As you said, it wasn't a normal chunin exam. And 5 of those Genins would go on to face the Sound 4 (and Kimimaru), a group that defeated a cell of Chunin, or better, nins prior to them meeting up with them. The results 2 Konoha victories, 2 victories for Konoha/Sand, and 1 near loss for Konoha sand (if Kimimaru hadn't died it's unlikely that Gaara and Rock Lee would have survived).

You would think they would wear something like steal toed boots.

Yeah. No kidding. I know I would. Hell, I'd consider putting spikes on 'em.
camk4evr
Moon Senshi

Postby Zwzn » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:58 pm

camk4evr wrote: Really? What chapter is that in? Was it shown in flashback or just mentioned? I want to know 'cause the Valley of the End battle sounds like it'd be an interesting read and, like I said I haven't been reading the fantranslations online.

It's the place Sasuke And Naruto fight with the two giant statues. It might have only been the Nine tails that made it during the battle between Madara and the first Hokage.

The references on this page cover the origins of the Senju and Uchiha clans, and a lot about the Sage of the Six Paths.
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Sage_of_the_Six_Paths

camk4evr wrote: Does anyone (beside Orochimaru that is)? Seriously, you'd think they do but no one ever seems to act on any such information.

Danzo and Jiraiya are both suppose to be spy masters.

camk4evr wrote: If you say so. Like I said, I haven't read that far yet. Could you give me a chapter number?

Chapter 491 page 13 at onemanga and later you get to see Cloud's version of the forest of death, and where Bee trained to control the Eight Tailed beast.

camk4evr wrote: Are you talking about the war that occurs before the manga takes place? The one that Konoha came out of as the strongest of the villages?

I was talking about the third shinobi war. It seemed Konoha won by the skin of their teeth to me because the Forth pulled some super jutsu out of his rear, but that might just be me.

camk4evr wrote: Or are you talking about the Sand/Sound invasion during the Chunin exams where Konoha came under sneak attack by two villages (one of whom was supposed to be their ally at the time), who had the aid of traitors and yet they were still beaten by the Leaf village?

Given they send genin on missions like Sasuke retrieval I think Konoha took major losses.

camk4evr wrote: And Leaf has more average nins and apparently (judging from some of the scenes from that battle) more above average nins than Sand and Sound.

And Leaf's average nin died like flies to things like summons it seemed like.

It's kind of sad when a florist is a better fighter then the guy who's job it is to fight

camk4evr wrote: As you said, it wasn't a normal chunin exam. And 5 of those Genins would go on to face the Sound 4 (and Kimimaru), a group that defeated a cell of Chunin, or better, nins prior to them meeting up with them. The results 2 Konoha victories, 2 victories for Konoha/Sand, and 1 near loss for Konoha sand (if Kimimaru hadn't died it's unlikely that Gaara and Rock Lee would have survived).

As far as I'm concerned there were a lot of chunin and jonin posing as genin in the exam we see.

camk4evr wrote: Yeah. No kidding. I know I would. Hell, I'd consider putting spikes on 'em.

I would think they should have lots of different types of foot wear, but i don't see the usefulness of spikes given abilities like tree climbing, or walking on water.
Zwzn
Moon Senshi

Postby camk4evr » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:00 am

Zwzn wrote:Given they send genin on missions like Sasuke retrieval I think Konoha took major losses.

Losses yes. Major...Not sure. We know that they had to temporarily shut down the academy and take the jonin that were training genin teams and send them on missions normally handeled by chunin to cover for the losses they took but that didn't take very long.

And Sound and Sand average nins were killed in whole job lots by Leaf Jonin and clan heads.

{quote]It's kind of sad when a florist is a better fighter then the guy who's job it is to fight[/quote]

Florist? Are you talking about inoichi Yamanaka, active, jonin level ninja and member of the previous Ino-Shika-Cho team?

I would think they should have lots of different types of foot wear, but i don't see the usefulness of spikes given abilities like tree climbing, or walking on water.

They're not for tree-climbing they're for kicking. Getting kicked by spiked shoes would be slightly worse than being kicked by regular shoes.
camk4evr
Moon Senshi

Postby Zwzn » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:59 am

Zwzn wrote:Given they send genin on missions like Sasuke retrieval I think Konoha took major losses.

camk4evr wrote:Losses yes. Major...Not sure. We know that they had to temporarily shut down the academy and take the jonin that were training genin teams and send them on missions normally handeled by chunin to cover for the losses they took but that didn't take very long.

Closing the academy makes things sound bad to me. It means they had to stop training new ninja they were so short handed.

camk4evr wrote:And Sound and Sand average nins were killed in whole job lots by Leaf Jonin and clan heads.

It's hardly a poor showing to die at the hands of people on the short list to be the kage.

{quote]It's kind of sad when a florist is a better fighter then the guy who's job it is to fight[/quote]
camk4evr wrote:Florist? Are you talking about inoichi Yamanaka, active, jonin level ninja and member of the previous Ino-Shika-Cho team?

I thought he was at least semiretired.

camk4evr wrote: They're not for tree-climbing they're for kicking. Getting kicked by spiked shoes would be slightly worse than being kicked by regular shoes.

I thought you meant the spikes would be on the souls of the shoes. that makes more sense.
Zwzn
Moon Senshi

Postby Nekomata-sensei » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:05 am

Wow! I just read the latest Naruto. The revelations about Kushina make her awesome! I envy Minato to get a girl like that! If only I could meet a cute spicy tomboy like that in real life! Also, Naruto the orange Hokage! Also, revelation that Kushina has special chakras, and Naruto might be getting a bloodline or something related to that... :| At this point I am kinda 'meh' about that. I was kinda hoping the Kyuubi would wind up being Naruto's only special ability. I also find it weird the 4th sealed Kushina in him like that, makes me wonder why it wouldn't be better for her to be present training him and protecting him and raising him growing up, and why she couldn't have helped in with the Kyuubi in a similar manner that the Hachibi is... :roll:

Oh well, I can't wait to find out more anyway, even if possible plot holes are starting to show up... Kushina is just awesome! Go Habernero-chan!
"Health, Learning & Virtue will ensure your happiness; they will give you a quiet conscience, private esteem & public honor." Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)
Nekomata-sensei
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby CRBWildcat » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:34 am

Truthfully, I've found that speculating about those things leads to a lot of wasted time and energy. Naruto's initial deduction that she was one of the Kyuubi's forms was pretty funny, though.
Senshi of Zeta Aquilae
Spammer Rank C --- from Himitsu, 10-25-07. "Holy @!#%!, she made Zelas cry."
SpamLady Supreme --- from Colonel Caprice, 8-16-2017
Song of the week. Updated Sundays/Mondays.
CRBWildcat
Super Power Senshi

Postby Zwzn » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:43 am

CRBWildcat wrote: Naruto's initial deduction that she was one of the Kyuubi's forms was pretty funny, though.
That was funny.

:lol: Please tell me I'm not the only one who saw those chains come out of Naruto, and thought of Ghost Rider or tentacle rape monsters. I was half expecting Naruto to turn into a flaming skeleton, and magically make himself a motorcycle, or start raping the Nine Tails with the chains/tentacles. :lol:

On a more serious note, it seems Naruto and his mother might suffer from a mild form of something like Tourette syndrome. It would somewhat explain why people found Naruto so annoying.
Zwzn
Moon Senshi

Postby Southern Cross » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:15 am

Naruto is now up to Chapter 499 on Onemanga!
Of course Naruto manages to reseal the Kyubi,but Kushina has some more things she has to tell Naruto before she has to rejoin Minato (which implies that she's dead,which is something I've been expecting since the previous chapter).
"We're all part monsters in our subconscious-That's why we have laws and religion!" -Captain J.J. Adams
Southern Cross
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Zwzn » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:39 am

Southern Cross wrote:Naruto is now up to Chapter 499 on Onemanga!
Of course Naruto manages to reseal the Kyubi,but Kushina has some more things she has to tell Naruto before she has to rejoin Minato (which implies that she's dead,which is something I've been expecting since the previous chapter).

I hope that in the future the Nine Tails wises up, and stops fighting Naruto. It would be cool if Naruto and the Nine tails could have a relationship like B and the Eight Tails.

So does anyone think the Sage of the Six Paths was a Nine tail host, or that Naruto is his reincarnation?
Zwzn
Moon Senshi

PreviousNext

Return to Anime / Manga