Searching for a song...

Talk about other General Anime and Manga Series here

Searching for a song...

Postby Ninsaneja » Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:46 pm

I didn't know where to place this (not under fic search, because although it's a search, it isn't a fic...) so I placed it in other anime because it is not about sailor moon or ranma and I think it's anime related.

I was listening to Eternal Blaze, the opening song to Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, and was suddenly struck by a half-formed memory of another song that sounded like a part of it - but I can't quite remember enough to hum more than a note or two... I think I'm going crazy, because this is bugging me like hell. The song I'm looking for, as far as I can remember, sounds a lot like Eternal Blaze or the Evangelion OP "Zankoku" something...

I don't expect high results, because I am helplessly being very vague, but if things a bell for anyone else, please let me know...

I swear I am getting sick just from not knowing what song this is.
"For a good time, call Molimo"
- Inscribed on a bathroom stall door in Yavimaya.
Ninsaneja
Senshi Cadet

Postby TerraEpon » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:46 pm

I assume it's this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWiluHNvP9U ?

If so, that'll be a hard find, as this song is about as generic anime song as it gets.
It's a catchy little tune granted, but it could probably be hundreds of songs that sound similar to it...

-Joshua
TerraEpon
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Screwball » Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:49 pm

TerraEpon wrote:I assume it's this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWiluHNvP9U ?

I don't think it is. That's Eternal Blaze, which he says he can already find. Anyway, my attempts at searching have been fruitless. I suspect that we just don't have enough information.
After careful study of Number One's biographic work My Ceaseless Quest to Conquer Earth and Destroy its Puny Inhabitants, we have come to the conclusion that the Ghast Empire may well be up to something rum.
Screwball
Asteroid Senshi

Postby TerraEpon » Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:37 pm

Er, no, I meant "I assume the song that triggered the memory" was that link.

-Joshua
TerraEpon
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Ninsaneja » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:52 pm

yeah, I don't expect so many results. It's a very specific memory and I don't have enough of it left :(

I was really just wondering if anyone else felt the same way or if I was totally crazy. And yes, it's that song that triggered it.

Now that I've thought about it, it was probably one of those Japanese music videos that was on On-Demand. Which means I have about zero chance of finding it. Since I posted, I have listened to every single anime opening and ending I could find that I could possibly have heard before, and no luck...
"For a good time, call Molimo"
- Inscribed on a bathroom stall door in Yavimaya.
Ninsaneja
Senshi Cadet

Return to Anime / Manga